PDA

View Full Version : Bannon on 60 Minutes -- must watch

mhgaffney
09-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Finally we get a close look at Bannon. Draw your own conclusions.

Breitbart's Bannon declares war on the GOP

Steve Bannon, Trump's ex-chief strategist, tells 60 Minutes why he's out at the White House and criticizes the GOP for not supporting the president. "They're gonna be held accountable," he says

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-breitbart-steve-bannon-declares-war-on-the-gop/

Rohirrim
09-12-2017, 12:39 PM
I liked Late Night's description of Bannon: "ex-chief strategist and human sloppy Joe." Ha!

rmsanger
09-12-2017, 01:31 PM
I really have no clue what a Breitbart is.

Pontius Pirate
09-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Watched it. Begrudgingly, I respect his clear-eyed vision for the problems he sees ahead of America (and how the establishment left AND right are problems).

BUT.

I think you can see that, when pressed on some of his BS, he simply resorts to sophistry and parlor tricks. Exhibit A:

"America was built on her citizens," Bannon said.

"We're all immigrants," Rose said. "Except the Native Americans who were here."

Bannon shot back, "Don't– don't give me– this is the thing of the leftists. Charlie, that's beneath you."

Bannon then went on to argue that the US was built on protectionist policies that allowed the US manufacturing and financial systems to thrive, citing the work of Alexander Hamilton — who was, in fact, an immigrant — James Polk, Henry Clay, Abraham Lincoln, and "the Roosevelts."

"Economic nationalism is what this country was built on," Bannon said. "We go back to that. We look after our own. We look after our citizen, we look after our manufacturing base, and guess what? This country's going to be greater, more united, more powerful than it's ever been. And it’s not — this is not astrophysics. Okay?"

None of this makes any sense as a response to Rose's assertion that immigration has been important to our success. Bannon simply waves it off with a series of babbles that, on first glance, sounds like it is intelligent - especially with the conviction in his tone.

BUT it is just sophistry. And it probably went unnoticed if you were suddenly caught up in his "economic nationalism" zeal.

footstepsfrom#27
09-12-2017, 02:31 PM
Twenty-seven minutes of listening to that POS?

Pass.

Garcia Bronco
09-12-2017, 02:55 PM
I really have no clue what a Breitbart is.

Basically a message board/propaganda site.

W*GS
09-12-2017, 04:23 PM
What's Venus?

Where would you rather live? Russia or the US?

How come the deep state's candidate, HRC, lost?

Agamemnon
09-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Must watch? Hilarious!

El Minion
09-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Watched it. Begrudgingly, I respect his clear-eyed vision for the problems he sees ahead of America (and how the establishment left AND right are problems).

BUT.

I think you can see that, when pressed on some of his BS, he simply resorts to sophistry and parlor tricks. Exhibit A:

"America was built on her citizens," Bannon said.

"We're all immigrants," Rose said. "Except the Native Americans who were here."

Bannon shot back, "Don't don't give me this is the thing of the leftists. Charlie, that's beneath you."

Bannon then went on to argue that the US was built on protectionist policies that allowed the US manufacturing and financial systems to thrive, citing the work of Alexander Hamilton who was, in fact, an immigrant James Polk, Henry Clay, Abraham Lincoln, and "the Roosevelts."

"Economic nationalism is what this country was built on," Bannon said. "We go back to that. We look after our own. We look after our citizen, we look after our manufacturing base, and guess what? This country's going to be greater, more united, more powerful than it's ever been. And its not this is not astrophysics. Okay?"

None of this makes any sense as a response to Rose's assertion that immigration has been important to our success. Bannon simply waves it off with a series of babbles that, on first glance, sounds like it is intelligent - especially with the conviction in his tone.

BUT it is just sophistry. And it probably went unnoticed if you were suddenly caught up in his "economic nationalism" zeal.

When trump first entered the campaign one thing he said perked my ears up and made me consider him, he wanted to get rid of the carried interest loophole for capital gains tax versus ordinary income tax. It's been all downhill from there with trump. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and trump was right that day only because he's to dumb to get out his own way. Bannon is not that stupid in the words and phrases he uses. He is more shrewd and calculating, he's saying the right things but you have to read between the lines for his true intention in his deceiving nature because I don't believe he's for "every American", if his favorite book is The Camp of the Saints (http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/03/06/steve_bannon_and_the_camp_of_the_saints.html).

cutthemdown
09-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Basically a message board/propaganda site.

Just like CNN

Guess Who
09-12-2017, 08:05 PM
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21739967_10213344082893043_8379165224383617568_n.j pg?oh=9397ea0d1e8caa39a8a08dbce2f0b8a3&oe=5A52AED6

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-13-2017, 12:06 AM
Draw your own conclusions.

https://s26.postimg.org/40s3o4u61/deport_repigs.jpg

footstepsfrom#27
09-13-2017, 05:31 AM
Just like CNN
If CNN were run by mentally unbalanced racist pricks who wanted to form a white nationalist state?

OK.