PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap Poor Todd Heap

LongDongJohnson
04-14-2017, 09:48 PM
He accidentally ran over and killed his 3 year old daughter. That is nuts. Heap was pretty decent in the NFL. All I remember is him getting decked by al Wilson in a game where Danny kannel started.

Prayers go out to him and his family.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19161911/todd-heap-accidentally-hits-kills-3-year-old-daughter-moving-truck

broncocalijohn
04-14-2017, 10:01 PM
That is sad and why rich people should buy cars with cameras in the back.

stopgap
04-14-2017, 10:12 PM
That's horrible.

Meck77
04-14-2017, 10:13 PM
It can't get much worse than that.

Doggcow
04-14-2017, 10:16 PM

Every car made 2016 and above should have a backup camera. Even the ****ter cars.

Archer81
04-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Poor girl. Poor family. That's just completely senseless.

:Broncos:

stopgap
04-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Every car made 2016 and above should have a backup camera. Even the ****ter cars.

I think I read it will mandated like. In may of 2018 or something like that.

Compacts are exempt (there will be a weight rule)

maven
04-14-2017, 10:32 PM

Not sure what the correlation of rich people and backup cameras have to do with anything.

I'm a single man and been on tons of dates and with people in general, a backup camera is still a novelty in vehicles.

Girl I was with hanging with today has a 2012 Mazda...yep no backup camera.

I love my backup camera for parallel parking and seeing random **** when backing out. It's ****ing gold. I don't even have to look at mirrors or over my shoulders.

You're looking at least 15 years where every car you hop in has one.

Sucks for the guy. Dude probably wants to kill himself. I don't have any kids, but cannot imagine the pain running over your own kid

stopgap
04-14-2017, 10:40 PM
http://blog.caranddriver.com/backup-cameras-coming-to-all-new-cars-in-2018/

maven
04-14-2017, 10:44 PM
http://blog.caranddriver.com/backup-cameras-coming-to-all-new-cars-in-2018/

I already knew this was coming, but so many people drive old cars for various reasons

stopgap
04-14-2017, 10:46 PM
I already knew this was coming, but so many people drive old cars for various reasons

Obviously. It's a step in the right direction though.

strafen
04-14-2017, 11:43 PM
That's an incredible sad news.
That really broke my heart. My prayers go out to Todd and the rest of his family.
The way he's feeling now it's unimaginable, that's so terrible...

Enter The Dragon
04-15-2017, 12:36 AM
Yes. RIP and prayers to the family

BowlenBall
04-15-2017, 01:43 AM
Terrible, just terrible. I honestly can't think of a worse thing to happen to anybody. I doubt he'll never recover from that, unfortunately.

jacob2125
04-15-2017, 04:32 AM
That's terrible. I have a little 3 year old girl and I would want to die if this happened to me. I hope he and his wife are able to get through this.

Drunk Monkey
04-15-2017, 06:49 AM
There is a time and place for everything, this is not it.

4Horsemen
04-15-2017, 07:25 AM
you guys talking about 'back up cameras' realize he hit her moving forward, unless i read the article incorrectly. kind of a problem with our society, didn't even bother reading about it. then commenting about rich people. wtf is that?

anyway, not a shot directly at anyone specific, i have done it myself.

there should be cameras in front as well.

all moot. what a terrible, beyond imaginable event.

Atwater His Ass
04-15-2017, 07:28 AM
Awful. Don't even know how you'd begin to recover from that.

Jason in LA
04-15-2017, 07:32 AM
you guys talking about 'back up cameras' realize he hit her moving forward, unless i read the article incorrectly. kind of a problem with our society, didn't even bother reading about it. then commenting about rich people. wtf is that?

anyway, not a shot directly at anyone specific, i have done it myself.

there should be cameras in front as well.

all moot. what a terrible, beyond imaginable event.

That's the same thing I thought. The article said he was moving forward. Sounds like she may have run into the path of the car.

Either way, it's really sad.

DENVERDUI55
04-15-2017, 07:33 AM
Terrible news. Cameras in the back wouldn't have done anything considering it sounds like he was pulling forward. This could happen to anyone in a split second.

OABB
04-15-2017, 07:49 AM
A good family friend lost his little brother this way. It's awful. His dad never recovered and was basically absent after. Truly awful.

Drunk Monkey
04-15-2017, 08:20 AM
I remember Heap from the first Hard Knocks when he was a rookie.

Poor guy, I have no idea how you cope with something like that.

Kaylore
04-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Such terrible news. My thoughts are with him and his family. I can't even imagine how he feels.

orange crusher
04-15-2017, 09:01 AM
That's the same thing I thought. The article said he was moving forward. Sounds like she may have run into the path of the car.

Either way, it's really sad.

I saw somewhere else that it was a moving truck so he just might not have been able to see that she was in front of it.

Rabb
04-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Come on dude

orange crusher
04-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Meh, she was a ravens fan.

What a horrible thing to say.

Dexter
04-15-2017, 09:59 AM

Honestly, I hope you get banned. Shame on you. 3 year old little girl just died, and you're making a joke?

You're the definition of a scumbag piece of ****.

broncocalijohn
04-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Oabb should be receiving a ton of neg reps for that post.

DENVERDUI55
04-15-2017, 10:28 AM
O good family friend lost his little brother this way. It's awful. His dad never recovered and was basically absent after. Truly awful.

Tell us how you really feel you dirt bag. You showed your true colors in your first post.

OABB
04-15-2017, 11:09 AM

So far only 3.

Endzo
04-15-2017, 11:14 AM

Douche. Bag.

Pul2Eject
04-15-2017, 11:49 AM
So far only 3.Make it 4 ya loveless fk! you give none and get none. pity

Reading this story shook me to my core. Man, I could not recover. I would have to be drugged into a coma or amp up my faith by a 1000!

To respond cold heartedly means you are void of a soul.

Back to what matters...... Prayers for the Heaps

Powderaddict
04-15-2017, 12:28 PM

Nah, but he'll hit my ignore list. His schtick was getting old anyways, but what an insensitive dick.

OABB
04-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Nah, but he'll hit my ignore list. His schtick was getting old anyways, but what an insensitive dick.

Low class man.

Zealot
04-15-2017, 01:16 PM

Agreed. The schtick was getting old for a looooooong time.

DomCasual
04-15-2017, 02:43 PM
You just don't recover from something like that. How many times in his life is he going to relive that moment? How surgically is he going to pick apart his every thought and action, leading up to that?

Poor kid. Poor family.

OABB
04-15-2017, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry that my joke was offensive and that I upset anyone. We all have different ways of dealing with things, and I always choose humor. I don't care if I am negged or blocked, but I do care if people think I have "schtick". I come here because I enjoy this community and I assumed most people enjoyed my posts.

I am not a troll or ****poster, I try to be funny and it doesn't always work obviously. I don't think a child dying is funny and my heart goes out to Todd Heap and his family.

With that said, don't expect my awesomeness to cease with this apology. I am funny and I like making people laugh. As long as most jokes land I will continue to try.

Ragnar
04-15-2017, 05:25 PM
No man should ever bury his child.

Todd Heap was a classy guy, and I wouldn't wish something like that on the classless guys.

Rest in peace.

Ragnar
04-15-2017, 05:27 PM
Meh, she was a ravens fan..

People like you make me ashamed to be part of the OMane

gunns
04-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Losing a child is a freak of nature but being the cause is the ultimate nightmare. Me imaging the pain he must feel is just that imagining and is probably no where near what it truly is. Such an unbearable pain. I hope his faith and family will help him through this. My thoughts and prayers are with the Heap's, particularly Todd.

DENVERDUI55
04-15-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry that my joke was offensive and that I upset anyone. We all have different ways of dealing with things, and I always choose humor. I don't care if I am negged or blocked, but I do care if people think I have "schtick". I come here because I enjoy this community and I assumed most people enjoyed my posts.

I am not a troll or ****poster, I try to be funny and it doesn't always work obviously. I don't think a child dying is funny and my heart goes out to Todd Heap and his family.

With that said, don't expect my awesomeness to cease with this apology. I am funny and I like making people laugh. As long as most jokes land I will continue to try.
Even this response shows what a toolbag you are.

OABB
04-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Even this response shows what a toolbag you are.

Thanks

Pul2Eject
04-15-2017, 07:08 PM

Your reply has "I" in it 15 times!! You live your life thinking its ALL about you. I know, you've heard it before

Pul2Eject
04-15-2017, 07:09 PM
....and you are not funny

Brohemoth
04-15-2017, 07:39 PM
I won't crack jokes about it but if OABB is insensitive then some of you are hypersensitive.

I feel bad for the Heap family because they must be agonizing. But I don't see the tragedy in a lost life. I feel the same about a person dying as I do watching a lion snatch a monkey out of a tree. What is life after all? That little girl might have just been reborn as some immortal mermaid in another galaxy. Or nothing happened. Who the **** knows. Life goes on. Guess I'm a sociopath.

OABB
04-15-2017, 07:46 PM
....and you are not funny

That is simply not true.

OABB
04-15-2017, 07:47 PM
I won't crack jokes about it but if OABB is insensitive then some of you are hypersensitive.

I feel bad for the Heap family because they must be agonizing. But I don't see the tragedy in a lost life. I feel the same about a person dying as I do watching a lion snatch a monkey out of a tree. What is life after all? That little girl might have just been reborn as some immortal mermaid in another galaxy. Or nothing happened. Who the **** knows. Life goes on. Guess I'm a sociopath.

I must say I am surprised by the reaction. The best Rep I got was "lot of sensitive ladies in this knitting bee"

OABB
04-15-2017, 07:49 PM

I don't think you are. Showing faux feelings is worse than admitting you have none.

strafen
04-15-2017, 08:02 PM

So you thought this was the appropriate moment to make people laugh you goddamned asshole?
**** off you piece of ****!

OABB
04-15-2017, 08:12 PM
So you thought this was the appropriate moment to make people laugh you goddamned a-hole?
**** off you piece of ****!

I think every moment is potentially appropriate for a laugh. It's not like Todd Heap posts in here you ****ing pussy

OABB
04-15-2017, 08:16 PM
I think maybe chemtrails do have estrogen in them.

broncocalijohn
04-15-2017, 08:21 PM

Yes, you are a sociopath. No tragedy for the family? Wow, you are non human.

Atwater His Ass
04-15-2017, 09:46 PM
Brohemoth and OABB...wow man, just....wow.

Two grade A piece's of ****.

strafen
04-15-2017, 10:05 PM

I feel bad for the Heap family because they must be agonizing. But I don't see the tragedy in a lost life. I feel the same about a person dying as I do watching a lion snatch a monkey out of a tree. What is life after all? That little girl might have just been reborn as some immortal mermaid in another galaxy. Or nothing happened. Who the **** knows. Life goes on. Guess I'm a sociopath.Perhaps the way you were brought into this galaxy was when somebody shiet you out of an a-hole into this world, you turd ****ing bastard!

BroncoFox
04-15-2017, 11:45 PM
I think maybe chemtrails do have estrogen in them.

Or maybe you are just an insensitive asshole, and need to consider that someone actually ending the life of their own 3 year old daughter will also be the end of their life as they know it, there wife, their family.. and you shouldn't be such an incredible dickhead. Be a jerk about football.. who cares. Make fun of someone losing their 3 year daughter.. you are a hopeless ass. I hope you are banned, I don't even want someone like you on the same board I post on.

wolf754life
04-16-2017, 02:05 AM
Or maybe you are just an insensitive a-hole, and need to consider that someone actually ending the life of their own 3 year old daughter will also be the end of their life as they know it, there wife, their family.. and you shouldn't be such an incredible dickhead. Be a jerk about football.. who cares. Make fun of someone losing their 3 year daughter.. you are a hopeless ass. I hope you are banned, I don't even want someone like you on the same board I post on.

he obviously doesn't have children

I know it changes your brain after you become one.

OABB just needs to grow up.:thumbs:

Brohemoth
04-16-2017, 06:53 AM
Yes, you are a sociopath. No tragedy for the family? Wow, you are non human.

For the family yes, I can empathize. But as a stranger I'm not going to stop and dwell on it with them. It doesn't do me or anyone any good. It happened.

gunns
04-16-2017, 07:42 AM
For the family yes, I can empathize. But as a stranger I'm not going to stop and dwell on it with them. It doesn't do me or anyone any good. It happened.

Then what was your point in clicking on this thread? Don't answer, a rhetorical question, it won't do you and us any good.

DENVERDUI55
04-16-2017, 08:06 AM
Or maybe you are just an insensitive a-hole, and need to consider that someone actually ending the life of their own 3 year old daughter will also be the end of their life as they know it, there wife, their family.. and you shouldn't be such an incredible dickhead. Be a jerk about football.. who cares. Make fun of someone losing their 3 year daughter.. you are a hopeless ass. I hope you are banned, I don't even want someone like you on the same board I post on.

If he has an accident such as a car wreck and ends up a quadriplegic, we can laugh at him. He is obviously a little too infatuated with himself.

Bronco X
04-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Looking through this thread makes me wonder why I keep coming back to this forum. This must be what having an addiction to bath salts is like.

Back on topic, what Todd Heap must be going through right now I don't want to even imagine. For anyone who has been close to kids, whatever the relation, this would be a nightmare you can't wake up from. It would be bad enough to lose a child to any cause, but to the cause being an accident you are directly involved in... there are just no words. I can only hope time will allow the family to come to terms with what happened.

Kaylore
04-16-2017, 04:43 PM
The dregs of humanity. The Internet lets them play. I feel like 10% of the population would murder rapists if not for the rule of law.

BroncoBuff
04-16-2017, 04:45 PM
He was driving forward when this happened ......

itswutz4dinna
04-16-2017, 05:39 PM

I consider myself a moralistic nihilist, and I feel like you're pretty similar based on posting history.

It blows my mind that everyone thinks I'm weird when I describe my stance, because I honestly don't see what other option there is if a person is not religious (and most people I know are not).

So if someone is scientifically minded, I challenge them to show me a mathematical proof that a human life is more important than a spider's. Otherwise, what the **** are we talking about?

And obviously it's not like I walk around murdering strangers and family members on a daily basis like they're spiders; I just don't consider there to be any cosmic significance to the act of murder, and I haven't really ever heard anything close to a good counter-argument. We're just dust, people.

So to Mr. Heap, all I can say is, "This is a bummer, man. That's...that's a bummer."

itswutz4dinna
04-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Jeez, after reading the rest of this thread, people are being real ***** to Brohemoth. Why am I not surprised?

I would say I have the same beliefs as a psychopath, but the difference is that I don't act on them. Murder doesn't turn me on and would probably make me sick, but I also feel bad for people and try to always follow the "Golden Rule". I just don't think anything really matters, even if it feels bad.

When "tragedies" happen in my own life, it hurts me just like everyone else. I just understand that **** happens and it doesn't really matter, which is also comforting. In the end, it's all semantics.

itswutz4dinna
04-16-2017, 05:52 PM
OABB and Brohemoth are two of the biggest idiots when it comes to judging current Broncos QB play, but I'm right there with them in this thread. If you can't laugh at death, what can you laugh at?

itswutz4dinna
04-16-2017, 06:02 PM
I don't think you are. Showing faux feelings is worse than admitting you have none.

Is there anything more annoying than the Facebook/Twitter posts about how horrible Donald Sterling is or how sad this incident was?

Like I'm supposed to think "Wow, what an insightful, inspiring person you are for being opposed to children dying, racism, and domestic violence. I'm so lucky to have such an original and benevolent friend."

My mom always taught me, "If you don't have any devil's advocate commentary to add, don't say anything at all."

Brohemoth
04-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Then what was your point in clicking on this thread? Don't answer, a rhetorical question, it won't do you and us any good.

I wouldn't have posted if half of you weren't having panic attacks over OABB's comment. itswutz4dinna said it. We're nihilists. Your emotional reactions are odd to us and draw our attention.

Brohemoth
04-16-2017, 06:40 PM
I would say I have the same beliefs as a psychopath, but the difference is that I don't act on them. Murder doesn't turn me on and would probably make me sick, but I also feel bad for people and try to always follow the "Golden Rule". I just don't think anything really matters, even if it feels bad.

When "tragedies" happen in my own life, it hurts me just like everyone else. I just understand that **** happens and it doesn't really matter, which is also comforting. In the end, it's all semantics.

This.

Although when I watch movies I find myself agreeing with villains a little more often than I'd like. :giggle: Like Batman Begins. The League of Shadows makes perfect sense lol.

JCMElway
04-16-2017, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't have posted if half of you weren't having panic attacks over OABB's comment. itswutz4dinna said it. We're nihilists. Your emotional reactions are odd to us and draw our attention.

But here's my point. You know people are going to have a negative reaction to your viewpoint because they aren't nihlists. They are more empathic than you are and take things like this more emotionally because, right or wrong, they put themselves in the shoes of the grieving father. To you it doesn't make any sense, but you KNOW that's how most of the world operates. Why come in with comments you know are going to be hurtful or offensive to other folks on topics like this?

Btw, for my own part, I have no problem with the way bro and itz have stated their viewpoint. I'm probably 1/2 way between being and empath and looking at the world more clinically myself. It's the off the cuff joke that caught my attention as being inappropriate right off the bat.

Cito Pelon
04-16-2017, 08:20 PM
Yeah, backup cams are a great thing. For forward visibility over these ridiculously tall grilles on modern trucks people mount a GoPro behind the grille then feed it into the cab.

go_broncos
04-16-2017, 08:29 PM
really sad..this is the worst thing that can happen.i hope he and his wife recovers.

BroncoFox
04-16-2017, 09:55 PM
OABB and Brohemoth are two of the biggest idiots when it comes to judging current Broncos QB play, but I'm right there with them in this thread. If you can't laugh at death, what can you laugh at?

If people are indifferent, I am fine with that. You think it's ok to laugh at death though? I don't think it's funny at all. If you ran over your 3 yo girl, would you joke? Would you be ok with someone else joking about it to you? If not, why is it ok to anonymously joke about it not to someone's face? It's not funny, it's certainly not a joke, and it is tragic. I don't know them, or their family, but I can still have empathy, because I can't imagine a worse thing for them to have to deal with, than burying their child they accidently killed.

The instant arrival of news in this age of death and destruction has desensitized those exposed to it. Empathy is at an all time low.. it's why people just ignore those in need. It breaks my heart when a old man gets hit on a highway, and people see it.. and just keep driving. You wouldn't think it was even a real story, but it is.. and a sad sign of our times.

Maleficent
04-16-2017, 11:21 PM
Heartbreaking for him and his family. Hope they find the strength to get through this difficult time. Condolences.

RIP Little Angel.

strafen
04-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Jeez, after reading the rest of this thread, people are being real ***** to Brohemoth. Why am I not surprised?

There are some really ****ed up people on this board. Goodness!
It's this **** real?

TD4HOF
04-16-2017, 11:33 PM
Ugh! So so so so tough to control a kid 24/7. Could happen to anyone but it’s like an inner death to them, I’m sure.

One reason I’ve never had children. Just couldn’t cope with stuff like this. Even non injury stuff like guiding them wrongly or something.

broncocalijohn
04-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Ugh! So so so so tough to control a kid 24/7. Could happen to anyone but itís like an inner death to them, Iím sure.

One reason Iíve never had children. Just couldnít cope with stuff like this. Even non injury stuff like guiding them wrongly or something.

Your choice but unless you think of yourself as a f up, you are going to miss everything great as a parent too. There is always a chance i outlive my children and it would royally suck (unless I live to 124) but small chamces like that is part of life.

Pul2Eject
04-17-2017, 02:04 PM
I cant stand complacency! Obviously I am in aviation from military to civilian and now I train aircrews and various maintenance orgs.... I see the attitude that has hijacked this otherwise thoughtful post and it reminds me of the waste of molecules ( minority of those I deal with) that I see daily. To see the complacency with no heart with a misguided effort to challenge the stability of those not seeing humor, I am left with this......to call you a piece of **** is a blatant insult to ****

Pul2Eject
04-17-2017, 02:10 PM
Your choice but unless you think of yourself as a f up, you are going to miss everything great as a parent too. There is always a chance i outlive my children and it would royally suck (unless I live to 124) but small chamces like that is part of life.They don't have the Parent aspect. Still cant excuse them

BleedinBlue
04-17-2017, 03:30 PM

I get the whole nihilistic/atheist outlook and for awhile I subscribed to that line of thinking as well, but it just seemed like a constant state of depression and like I was the one that became un-relatable. I have friends that think that way and they became unbearable to be around because nothing mattered at all to them. Honestly what is the point of even living if it doesn't matter and it is all just semantics? I agree that society has gone relatively hyper sensitive in general, but the death of an innocent 3 year old warrants a sensitive response. I am not saying people are more valuable than plants or animals, but I am saying that it is sad as hell if you can watch/hear about innocent children dying and not feel anything. Hell if I could I would hang around earth forever, way too much good food, music, culture, people, and scenery to see in one lifetime, the feels makes it worth it, even the sad stuff imo.

Meck77
04-17-2017, 07:30 PM
Feeding trolls. An orangemane tradition. It was fun when mock was around to hammer turds.

bowtown
04-17-2017, 07:47 PM
Wow walked away from this thread and typically it has completely jumped from people talking about the tragedy to everyone piling on a guy who made an insensitive joke and then apologized for it. Lots of high horses up in this piece. I'm a parent. This story made me cry. OABB's joke was out of line, but come on. 2 pages of insults and outrage towards a pretty tame, but tasteless joke, is ridiculous. You care about tradgedy and want to send out good thoughts? Awesome. Just ignore the rest.

FireFly
04-17-2017, 07:58 PM
I can't even imagine anything worse.

FireFly
04-17-2017, 07:59 PM

F neg rep. Just ban him. He contributes as little to the board as Chrissy or Wolf.

itswutz4dinna
04-17-2017, 09:56 PM
I get the whole nihilistic/atheist outlook and for awhile I subscribed to that line of thinking as well, but it just seemed like a constant state of depression and like I was the one that became un-relatable. I have friends that think that way and they became unbearable to be around because nothing mattered at all to them. Honestly what is the point of even living if it doesn't matter and it is all just semantics? I agree that society has gone relatively hyper sensitive in general, but the death of an innocent 3 year old warrants a sensitive response. I am not saying people are more valuable than plants or animals, but I am saying that it is sad as hell if you can watch/hear about innocent children dying and not feel anything. Hell if I could I would hang around earth forever, way too much good food, music, culture, people, and scenery to see in one lifetime, the feels makes it worth it, even the sad stuff imo.

What I meant by semantics is that my philosophical view of the world doesn't have much of an effect on how I live. I'm still just as "good" of a person as anybody else, even if I don't believe in "good" or "bad". And I'm still devastated by the death of my friends and family, just like everyone else.

To me, though, it's actually comforting to think that every living thing dies (well, to this point in history anyway) and life is meaningless. Just as it's comforting to others to believe in an afterlife. Not that any philosophy really helps too much when personal tragedy strikes.

One difference with me, I suppose, is that there's so much sh*t going on in the world that I try not to get worked up unless it's someone I personally know. Like I said, this is a bummer for the Heap family, but there have probably been hundreds of worse things that have happened to people since this event. It would be pointless to try to anguish over all of them.

ZONA
04-17-2017, 10:57 PM

About 100 trillion other things? So should we all start making jokes about the children in Syria that have been gassed to death, or perhaps we can joke about starving children all over the world.

Look, I'm not going to steam roll somebody for a joke made in bad taste. I don't think a bad joke defines somebody as being human scum. But there's a time and place for everything and jokes about dying kids is just stupid and shows really poor judgement in my opinion. I don't think OABB really meant any harm, but none the less, it was definitely a poor decision to rip a joke about it.

stopgap
04-18-2017, 07:51 AM
He was driving forward when this happened ......

Ok. Feel better?

broncocalijohn
04-18-2017, 02:26 PM
i have had itzwuts4dinna on iggy for a long time now and forget what exactly got him on this list but his posts on this thread are probably in line with the original reason.

cutthemdown
04-18-2017, 06:16 PM
LOL I got banned for saying STRIKE in response to a protestor being run over while blocking the road.

Hey Domcasual aren't you glad this one wasn't on me? :)

cutthemdown
04-18-2017, 06:17 PM
I also got banned when that KC player committed suicide and I said, WOW now the Chiefs players aren't even waiting until they hit the field to die.

cutthemdown
04-18-2017, 06:18 PM
Wow walked away from this thread and typically it has completely jumped from people talking about the tragedy to everyone piling on a guy who made an insensitive joke and then apologized for it. Lots of high horses up in this piece. I'm a parent. This story made me cry. OABB's joke was out of line, but come on. 2 pages of insults and outrage towards a pretty tame, but tasteless joke, is ridiculous. You care about tradgedy and want to send out good thoughts? Awesome. Just ignore the rest.

I often wonder when things like this happen on the Mane if people are really that offended, or if it's more some sort of act.

JCMElway
04-18-2017, 07:56 PM
No cutthem, from the number of times this post got reported, people were offended. Hey, at least we're consistent!

broncocalijohn
04-18-2017, 09:24 PM
I also got banned when that KC player committed suicide and I said, WOW now the Chiefs players aren't even waiting until they hit the field to die.

I wouldnt have banned you for either of your posts. Maybe because it happened awhile ago .

VeniceRockStar
04-18-2017, 11:00 PM
The majority of this board is quite insightful and I'll continue to enjoy that.

And then there's a couple of ****ing morons. You know who you are - **** you.

I have a 4-year-old. Hang in there, Todd Heap. I hope you enjoy heaven, little one - taken far too early.

Taco John
04-18-2017, 11:04 PM
This news hurts my heart. I can't imagine the guilt and pain he must feel. What a tragedy.

TD4HOF
04-19-2017, 12:43 AM
Your choice but unless you think of yourself as a f up, you are going to miss everything great as a parent too. There is always a chance i outlive my children and it would royally suck (unless I live to 124) but small chamces like that is part of life.

Of course, because theyíre here (which is great, truly). You donít have a choice.

I donít actively avoid children, Iíve had bad luck with women over the years and am not the best boyfriend (moody).

I love seeing my friends with their families on Facebook. Quite a responsibility and it makes me laugh thinking about what we were all up to back in the day.

dsmoot
04-19-2017, 06:05 AM
So if someone is scientifically minded, I challenge them to show me a mathematical proof that a human life is more important than a spider's. Otherwise, what the **** are we talking about?

Here in lies a significant problem for you. Life is not mathematics. Humans are unique with emotions and reasoning ability. You can't derive an equation defining the meaning of life or moral right and wrong. If this is truly the way you think, you need some self reflection on your core values and where they come from.
This is coming from someone whose 35 year career is in a scientific field. Not all answers can be defined from our very small human ability.

Powderaddict
04-19-2017, 06:19 AM
The human brain is by far the most complex machine ever discovered in the known universe. The chasm between what the human brain can accomplish and anything in the animal kingdom is huge.

If you want "mathematical proof" that humans are superior, I submit the human brain as an argument.

Just look at how much better it is at communication. Human language with its nuances, syntax, and depth is so much greater in complexity than anything in the animal world.

The smartest animal may use simple tools. Humans have made tools that allows them to leave the freaking planet.

stopgap
04-19-2017, 08:06 AM
OABB has quiet lately. Did he leave me? :(

JCMElway
04-19-2017, 11:34 AM
OABB has quiet lately. Did he leave me? :(

.....Kind of......

Mountain Bronco
04-19-2017, 01:09 PM

What **** bag loser you are. Good luck in life.

McDman
04-19-2017, 04:14 PM
This thread is the epitome of why I almost never come here anymore. That and the Gronk thread I just read. It always devolves to ****.

OABB
04-23-2017, 09:41 AM
I am very impressed by the morality of this board. Banning bad jokes is the surest and quickest way to create a wholesome utopia. Soon we can all hug and make water colors together in our white jumpsuits and no one will ever have to be offended again.

I promote the orange mane as a safe space in the evil and inhumane interwebs.

Remember kids, pretending to have empathy is the best way to make oneself feel morally superior. As long as you post a hashtag or comment "that is so sad" about something, you can immediately go back to your usual notgivinga****ness In your real life.

Banning a bad joke and the evil joke-teller means you have really made a difference in the world. Great job everyone! Now let's go back on our Apple iPhones that were made by child slaves and kiss our wive's blood diamonds we paid a pretty penny for and get back to being amazing people!

strafen
04-23-2017, 10:45 AM
I am very impressed by the morality of this board. Banning bad jokes is the surest and quickest way to create a wholesome utopia. Soon we can all hug and make water colors together in our white jumpsuits and no one will ever have to be offended again.

Remember kids, pretending to have empathy is the best way to make oneself feel morally superior. As long as you post a hashtag or comment "that is so sad" about something, you can immediately go back to your usual notgivinga****ness In your real life.

Banning a bad joke and the evil joke-teller means you have really made a difference in the world. Great job everyone! Now let's go back on our Apple iPhones that were made by child slaves and kiss our wive's blood diamonds we paid a pretty penny for and get back to being amazing people!So you're still convinced that what you said was not wrong because you like to make people laugh, you stupid dirt bag?!
Own it, Imbecile!

OABB
04-23-2017, 11:04 AM
So you're still convinced that what you said was not wrong because you like to make people laugh, you stupid dirt bag?!
Own it, Imbecile!

I believe I did own it.

Arkie
04-23-2017, 03:59 PM
I believe I did own it.

Why are you telling people that they aren't really empathetic? You don't know what you're talking about. I imagined it being my child in my driveway since I don't know Heap's child or what his place looks like. It made me sick, and I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. It would be the saddest thing possible.

4Horsemen
04-23-2017, 04:10 PM

Banning a bad joke and the evil joke-teller means you have really made a difference in the world. Great job everyone! Now let's go back on our Apple iPhones that were made by child slaves and kiss our wive's blood diamonds we paid a pretty penny for and get back to being amazing people!

Don't project and quit while you are ahead. You are generalizing all of us into a bigger twitter hashtag society that sane humans know doesn't matter but you use that to punctuate your point. Chill and takes step back man. I'm not trying to tear you down either.

OABB
04-23-2017, 04:58 PM
My god, this place has the sense of humor of an antifa lesbian meeting.

fontaine
04-23-2017, 05:44 PM

Empathy >>>>>> Humor in this case.

BroncoFox
04-23-2017, 07:34 PM

If you can't for yourself, figure out why it's not "ok" to joke about someone running over and killing their own daughter.. no matter if it's an NFL player, your local butcher, or an Iranian guy you'll never meet, then I pity you.

Empathy has all but disappeared due to the glut of news thrown everyone's way with mass media. Not your kid? Not your problem. And apparently ok to poke fun at it. What.. because this is a football forum, it's fair game for that kind of crap?

You were always an ass, but it just pertained to football, so I didn't care much. But I guess it extends beyond football. And to you, everyone is a bleeding heart "faker" because they feel a joke at the expense off a young girl is not ok? Whatever.. just ask yourself, if you were in that persons shoes, would you be ok with someone joking about it, in -any- circumstance?

bowtown
04-23-2017, 07:38 PM
I'm outraged! I would kill OABB if I could.

Archer81
04-23-2017, 07:46 PM

Sarcasm?

:Broncos:

OABB
04-23-2017, 08:54 PM

Don't joke about death bowtown. This is a very serious place with very serious values.

OABB
04-23-2017, 08:55 PM
If you can't for yourself, figure out why it's not "ok" to joke about someone running over and killing their own daughter.. no matter if it's an NFL player, your local butcher, or an Iranian guy you'll never meet, then I pity you.

Empathy has all but disappeared due to the glut of news thrown everyone's way with mass media. Not your kid? Not your problem. And apparently ok to poke fun at it. What.. because this is a football forum, it's fair game for that kind of crap?

You were always an ass, but it just pertained to football, so I didn't care much. But I guess it extends beyond football. And to you, everyone is a bleeding heart "faker" because they feel a joke at the expense off a young girl is not ok? Whatever.. just ask yourself, if you were in that persons shoes, would you be ok with someone joking about it, in -any- circumstance?

Just because I disagree with people on who should be quarterback does not make me an ass. Lots of people have opinions. That's the point of this place. Just because mine are better and always right doesn't mean your wrong and worse opinions mean any less.

OABB
04-23-2017, 08:59 PM
To the people dming me "maybe it's because you don't have children" I am sure that is possible. i would like to think I would still be super ****ing funny with a kid, but I can see how it would make you become a giant puss waffle.

I have two cats and a dog and I could see how an animal abuse joke would make me act like a 14 year old girl having her first period.

strafen
04-23-2017, 09:53 PM
To the people dming me "maybe it's because you don't have children" I am sure that is possible. i would like to think I would still be super ****ing funny with a kid, but I can see how it would make you become a giant puss waffle.

I have two cats and a dog and I could see how an animal abuse joke would make me act like a 14 year old girl having her first period.I think you're twisted and ****ed up in the head.
About letting it go and move on?

You can't even play in your head the scenario of somebody actually killing their own little kid accidentally. You're numbed!
That's an unbelievable sad situation, it's painful sure to leave some psychological scars for the rest of someone's life.
Please just shut da' **** up!