PDA

View Full Version : Don't **** with Mormon Missionaries

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Nice work Dom :approve:

Video: LDS missionary delivers beating to man who appears to try to rob duo

http://wlos.com/news/nation-world/video-missionary-delivers-beating-to-man-suspected-of-trying-to-rob-duo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gxcOmtoSjeE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IndelibleScribe
03-15-2017, 12:27 PM
That's what the **** you get!

rmsanger
03-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Dude should have kissed the st patty style ring.

https://ldsbookstore.com/resize/Shared/Images/Product/Adjustable-CTR-Ring/Adjustable-CTR-Rings.jpg?lr=t&bh=300

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 12:50 PM
Them's my BOYS!

The funniest part of this would have been when they stole the backpack, went through it, and found the only thing in it was a bunch of copies of the Book of Mormon.

That kid probably has a football scholarship waiting for him at BYU. He probably got a Dear John letter from his girlfriend, and he was just looking for a chance to let off some steam. Missionaries go into some of the worst areas in the world. They're supposed to just hand over whatever is asked for, when they are robbed.

tsmarine1
03-15-2017, 12:51 PM
The power of the special underwear

BroncoBeavis
03-15-2017, 12:59 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4f/26/31/4f263148d4e6ad6bb6f09df9280adab4.jpg

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 01:30 PM
(KUTV) The LDS church confirmed through a spokesman that two men who responded to what appeared to be an attempted robbery by beating the would-be thief, were in fact Mormon missionaries.
The encounter was captured on what appears to be surveillance video that has a date of "2017-03-11," a time stamp, placing the actions just before noon, and "camera 2" visible in the lower left corner of the frame. The entire scene plays out in the frame of the video.
If the date is correct, it happened on Saturday. Hawkins said he believed it happened over the weekend in the Manaus, Brazil Mission, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The church has a temple in the city of Manaus. The city is located on the Amazon River, inland in the north of Brazil.

Hawkins, said there were not further specifics about what is seen in the video but he said the missionary wasn't hurt seriously if at all. Church policy is not to comment on missionary injuries unless they are life threatening.
He also said he doesn't believe the missionary is in trouble for his actions.
In the video a man gets off a motorcycle and appears to be talking to the two missionaries, visible in their white shirts with black name tags. He moves around the pair, and behind one of them, and suddenly the missionary nearest the man reacts quickly and appears to take a gun from the man after a brief confrontation. He points it at the man momentarily and then raises it with one hand while fending the man off with the other. It then looks like he throws it over a fence and then starts to throw punches with he right arm, that was holding the gun.

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 01:37 PM
(KUTV) The LDS church confirmed through a spokesman that two men who responded to what appeared to be an attempted robbery by beating the would-be thief, were in fact Mormon missionaries.
The encounter was captured on what appears to be surveillance video that has a date of "2017-03-11," a time stamp, placing the actions just before noon, and "camera 2" visible in the lower left corner of the frame. The entire scene plays out in the frame of the video.
If the date is correct, it happened on Saturday. Hawkins said he believed it happened over the weekend in the Manaus, Brazil Mission, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The church has a temple in the city of Manaus. The city is located on the Amazon River, inland in the north of Brazil.

Hawkins, said there were not further specifics about what is seen in the video but he said the missionary wasn't hurt seriously if at all. Church policy is not to comment on missionary injuries unless they are life threatening.
He also said he doesn't believe the missionary is in trouble for his actions.
In the video a man gets off a motorcycle and appears to be talking to the two missionaries, visible in their white shirts with black name tags. He moves around the pair, and behind one of them, and suddenly the missionary nearest the man reacts quickly and appears to take a gun from the man after a brief confrontation. He points it at the man momentarily and then raises it with one hand while fending the man off with the other. It then looks like he throws it over a fence and then starts to throw punches with he right arm, that was holding the gun.

I wonder if they dropped the good book on him when they were done. Hilarious!

delany
03-15-2017, 01:44 PM
Bronco Warrior told me via PM that he was Morman and just completed a missionary. Pretty sure he had it up on his MySpace page last week.

GonzoLays
03-15-2017, 02:00 PM
How are these people allowed to go around the world and spread their hatred?. Didn't Brigham Young have some crap about black people are the decesdants of Cain and are not allowed into LDS preisthood and the curse of cain would follow them into afterlife? Talk about bull****.

YEA! Come to my country and show me the way...please ol' please. Tell me about my curse and the way to LDS Heaven!

broncosteven
03-15-2017, 02:16 PM
I thought I heard something last week but was actually busy working on something in the basement and it wasn't until I later left the house that I noticed literature on the door step from the mormons. It was then I realized what I heard was probably the door bell.

They came back 2 days later with more lit but I didn't hear them at all.

I probably would have let them in and talked to them for a while. Some of the info was informative about teens.

My daughter has a friend who comes over to play in our brass quartet and they are mormon and her brother just came back from a 2 year mission, I wonder if it was him. That family is very nice and have been through a lot, her sister is fighting cancer hard.

sgbfan
03-15-2017, 02:17 PM
How are these people allowed to go around the world and spread their hatred?. Didn't Brigham Young have some crap about black people are the decesdants of Cain and are not allowed into LDS preisthood and the curse of cain would follow them into afterlife? Talk about bull****.

YEA! Come to my country and show me the way...please ol' please. Tell me about my curse and the way to LDS Heaven!

You sound like a person that is full of love and respect for everyone. Thanks for showing everyone else the way.

GonzoLays
03-15-2017, 02:27 PM
You sound like a person that is full of love and respect for everyone. Thanks for showing everyone else the way.

It is a xenophobic religion but they feel the need to go around the world and convert people and show them how to be "saved". Aint that a bitch.

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 02:49 PM

show us on the doll where the missionaries touched you

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/01/c2/1b/01c21b27f79cc901732bc441c1d2913b.jpg

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 03:02 PM
show us on the doll where the missionaries touched you

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/01/c2/1b/01c21b27f79cc901732bc441c1d2913b.jpg

:giggle:

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 03:03 PM

So much irony in one post.

So much.

BroncoBeavis
03-15-2017, 03:06 PM
comes over to play in our brass quartet and they are mormon

Goes without saying.

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 03:08 PM
I thought I heard something last week but was actually busy working on something in the basement and it wasn't until I later left the house that I noticed literature on the door step from the mormons. It was then I realized what I heard was probably the door bell.

They came back 2 days later with more lit but I didn't hear them at all.

I probably would have let them in and talked to them for a while. Some of the info was informative about teens.

My daughter has a friend who comes over to play in our brass quartet and they are mormon and her brother just came back from a 2 year mission, I wonder if it was him. That family is very nice and have been through a lot, her sister is fighting cancer hard.

You could tell them that your mentor on this Broncos message board you frequent is Mormon.

Brohemoth
03-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Yep, don't mess with religious fanatics. When a person believes an all-powerful deity is in their corner, they get pretty ballsy.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-09-2016/LmtaE5.gif

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2017, 03:14 PM
It is a xenophobic religion but they feel the need to go around the world and convert people and show them how to be "saved". Aint that a b****.

Mormons are not Christians. They are no way aligned with Christ..

Brohemoth
03-15-2017, 03:16 PM

Christ is very aligned with Horus though.

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 03:18 PM

i hear the similar nonsense about Catholics not being Christians.

FYI, when they hand out the BoM they also hand out Bibles.

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 03:19 PM

You guys don't want to back me into a corner.

http://www.atlassadr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/backedintocorner.jpg

GonzoLays
03-15-2017, 03:22 PM

Yea, it's a cult -- a small-minded and prejudiced cult. They are sectatarians that believe white is right. They should be on a watchlist.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
03-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Live and let live. They aren't bothering me. I've never met one I didn't like.

Bronx33
03-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Yea, it's a cult -- a small-minded and prejudiced cult. They are sectatarians that believe white is right. They should be on a watchlist.

Just stfu ok...

Brohemoth
03-15-2017, 03:39 PM
It's funny to me when people from one religion dismiss another because theirs is more friendly or tolerant. Is kindness a prerequisite to being a legitimate god? Is that Religion 101? lol

I wish the west would adopt the way the Chinese approach religion. It's a very private, personal thing for them.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2017, 04:21 PM
I have worked with a dozen or so Mormons in my career, and here are a couple of things I have noticed:

Good communicators
Good work ethic
They handle things without a lot of follow-up
They are nice to people

It's gotten to the point that if you say you are Mormon in the interview, I might just hire you for that reason alone.

I don't understand why people have a problem with the modern day Mormon. And the missionary work takes fortitude and develops a fortitude that most people just don't seem to have.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2017, 04:23 PM
You guys don't want to back me into a corner.

http://www.atlassadr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/backedintocorner.jpg

Ain't nobody worried about you. :)

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rbQgaHZOFZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 04:25 PM
I have worked with a dozen or so Mormons in my career, and here are a couple of things I have noticed:

Good communicators
Good work ethic
They are nice to people

It's gotten to the point that if you say you are Mormon in the interview, I might just hire you for that reason alone.

I don't understand why people have a problem with the modern day Mormon. And the missionary work takes fortitude and develops a fortitude that most people just don't seem to have.

Said fortitude also makes them almost entirely immune to criticism about their religion on football message boards. :)

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 04:29 PM

Good communicators
Good work ethic
They are nice to people

To each there own I suppose . I have a lot of good Mormon friends. However they are like locusts and take everything over. A few years back in my home town July 4th fell on a Sunday. They moved the towns fire works display until monday the 5th. Also in the same town they re routed the truck route through the middle of town because they didn't want them driving by the temple which congested an over congested road to begin with.

If you are mormon they do great by there own. If you are not and live with them you are a nobody.

That's my two cents.

Garcia Bronco
03-15-2017, 04:32 PM
To each there own I suppose . I have a lot of good Mormon friends. However they are like locusts and take everything over. A few years back in my home town July 4th fell on a Sunday. They moved the towns fire works display until monday the 5th. Also in the same town they re routed the truck route through the middle of town because they didn't want them driving by the temple which congested an over congested road to begin with.

If you are mormon they do great by there own. If you are not and live with them you are a nobody.

That's my two cents.

To be fair, I've never lived in a Mormon society. I think though, you could make that claim about any group where you are not normal to them. At least they don't stone people in the street (I am looking at you Muslims).

OABB
03-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Mormons are so nice! I don't mind the salamander letters and incest at all.

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 04:54 PM
To be fair, I've never lived in a Mormon society. I think though, you could make that claim about any group where you are not normal to them. At least they don't stone people in the street (I am looking at you Muslims).

Like I said I have several very good friends that are LDS and I have a mother in law that is LDS . For the most part they are great people away from the church on there own. Just like Locusts though. You get a group of them together and they take over everythingl

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 04:56 PM
Here is a read on it .

http://magicvalley.com/news/local/t-f-council-approves-july-fireworks-display/article_5e6d9a61-2e81-5e76-9043-ede63259f954.html

The Fourth of July fireworks display at the College of Southern Idaho will come a day late to Twin Falls.

The Twin Falls City Council on Monday voted unanimously to let organizers of the city’s annual Fourth of July fireworks event hold this year’s festivities on July 5, a Monday.

The event is sponsored by Southern Idaho Fireworks, according to the city, and organizers of the event requested the change from July 4, which is a Sunday this year, and a day of religious significance for some community members.

Councilman Will Kezele encouraged other councilmen to support the requested move, saying that there wouldn’t otherwise be another large fireworks display of its kind in the community.

Councilman Lance Clow, however said that his “preference would be to keep it on the Fourth.”

City Manager Tom Courtney said six years ago there was a Fourth of July fireworks display held on a Sunday, and city leaders said Monday that they couldn’t recall another Fourth of July celebration being moved from a Sunday.

sgbfan
03-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Like I said I have several very good friends that are LDS and I have a mother in law that is LDS . For the most part they are great people away from the church on there own. Just like Locusts though. You get a group of them together and they take over everythingl

That is not just a "mormon" thing. Look at downtown PDX and their protests. Its mob mentality that is not immune to any religion, group or belief.

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 05:03 PM
That is not just a "mormon" thing. Look at downtown PDX and their protests. Its mob mentality that is not immune to any religion, group or belief.

Don't even get me started on PDX protests. I will get banned for sure. There are not enough stars to cover all the cuss words I would write.

ZONA
03-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Meh, Mormon or not, I love when the instigator gets his ass beat down.

sgbfan
03-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Here is a read on it .

http://magicvalley.com/news/local/t-f-council-approves-july-fireworks-display/article_5e6d9a61-2e81-5e76-9043-ede63259f954.html

The Fourth of July fireworks display at the College of Southern Idaho will come a day late to Twin Falls.

The Twin Falls City Council on Monday voted unanimously to let organizers of the city’s annual Fourth of July fireworks event hold this year’s festivities on July 5, a Monday.

The event is sponsored by Southern Idaho Fireworks, according to the city, and organizers of the event requested the change from July 4, which is a Sunday this year, and a day of religious significance for some community members.

Councilman Will Kezele encouraged other councilmen to support the requested move, saying that there wouldn’t otherwise be another large fireworks display of its kind in the community.

Councilman Lance Clow, however said that his “preference would be to keep it on the Fourth.”

City Manager Tom Courtney said six years ago there was a Fourth of July fireworks display held on a Sunday, and city leaders said Monday that they couldn’t recall another Fourth of July celebration being moved from a Sunday.

I get that it may be a bit excess to move the day, but I did grow up in an area where it was assumed things like this would be moved to another day so this doesn't seem that weird to me. I would be more bugged that it wasn't moved to Saturday instead of Monday though. L O L at some of the comments acting like its a mockery to our Country to have fireworks on another day, like it was written into the Constitution.

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 05:22 PM

http://i64.tinypic.com/34rjabm.jpg

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 05:23 PM
I get that it may be a bit excess to move the day, but I did grow up in an area where it was assumed things like this would be moved to another day so this doesn't seem that weird to me. I would be more bugged that it wasn't moved to Saturday instead of Monday though. L O L at some of the comments acting like its a mockery to our Country to have fireworks on another day, like it was written into the Constitution.

It kinda is. I mean it's july 4th for a reason. It's independence day the 4th not the 3rd or 5th

Would you be ok with having Christmas on the 26 because it offended non church people ?

sgbfan
03-15-2017, 05:25 PM
It kinda is. I mean it's july 4th for a reason. It's independence day the 4th not the 3rd or 5th

Are you offended when people get Monday off from work, even when its July 5th or 6th, because the Holiday fell on the weekend?

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 05:26 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/34rjabm.jpg

The article I posted above pretty much says it all. Twin Falls Idaho is well over 50 percent Mormon. SO they just change things there way and could care less what non mormos think. Sad but true;

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MTOgUjMcQWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

ghwk
03-15-2017, 05:29 PM
There is no positive ending to this thread.

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2017, 05:29 PM
Our town in Florida would have the fireworks on seemingly random days that weren't July 4th. Thankfully we left that commie hell hole.

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Are you offended when people get Monday off from work, even when its July 5th or 6th, because the Holiday fell on the weekend?

Yes I am. You have a damn job it doesn't do itself. Remember I am a business owner. I frown upon days off. :thumbs:

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 05:34 PM
The article I posted above pretty much says it all. Twin Falls Idaho is well over 50 percent Mormon. SO they just change things there way and could care less what non mormos think. Sad but true;

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MTOgUjMcQWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2eppzwx.jpg

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 05:35 PM

Tell that to the men and woman that fought and died for you to have the freedom to post that. :thumbs:

sgbfan
03-15-2017, 05:37 PM

I'm a little upset that you didn't put a missionary tag on the locust

Drunk Monkey
03-15-2017, 05:40 PM

I for one would think it is BS. to lose out on a day when I am not at work and the actual day of the event is being celebrated over religious reasons would rub me the wrong way. Backyard BBQ's and beers capped off by fireworks lucky enough to fall on a weekend.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/6gh.gif

Also Gonzo the racist is long overdue his annual banning.

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Tell that to the men and woman that fought and died for you to have the freedom to post that. :thumbs:

You're being serious right now? Are you saying that to me, or the locust?

sgbfan
03-15-2017, 05:44 PM
I for one would think it is BS. to lose out on a day when I am not at work and the actual day of the event is being celebrated over religious reasons would rub me the wrong way. Backyard BBQ's and beers capped off by fireworks lucky enough to fall on a weekend.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/6gh.gif

Also Gonzo the racist is long overdue his annual banning.

Which is why it should have been moved to Saturday instead of Mondaywhen they decided to move it.

Quoydogs
03-15-2017, 05:45 PM
You're being serious right now? Are you saying that to me, or the locust?

I'm saying that is a day to respect America. Our Independence from everyone. The one thing that all the men and woman fight and die every day for. We celebrate that on the 4th not the 3rd or the 5th

TNF
03-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Of course Mormons are Christian. Just a wild off-shoot.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2017, 06:28 PM
It's funny to me when people from one religion dismiss another because theirs is more friendly or tolerant. Is kindness a prerequisite to being a legitimate god? Is that Religion 101? lol

I wish the west would adopt the way the Chinese approach religion. It's a very private, personal thing for them.

Atheism is a religion.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2017, 06:30 PM
i hear the similar nonsense about Catholics not being Christians.

FYI, when they hand out the BoM they also hand out Bibles.

Then why the BoM?

gunns
03-15-2017, 06:32 PM

That's my two cents.

I live right in the heart of Mormon country and couldn't disagree more. They have never made me feel less than them nor was I excluded because I didn't practice their religion. They have people in their religion that are judgmental and mean, just like every other religion and atheist. If I'm ever in a drastic situation it's a Mormon I want to help.

doof
03-15-2017, 06:34 PM

I would recommend the west not imitate the Chinese approach to religion unless you don't mind the massacre of non- conforming religious practitioners, the exile of religious leaders or a ban on all non-state approved religions.

ColoradoDarin
03-15-2017, 06:41 PM
I would recommend the west not imitate the Chinese approach to religion unless you don't mind the massacre of non- conforming religious practitioners, the exile of religious leaders or a ban on all non-state approved religions.

You'll notice that Brohemoth thinks himself smart/educated/intelligent despite all the evidence to the contrary (aka his posting history, especialy his ignorance on Christianity). He posts like he doesn't actually have to be smart, he just has to look down his nose at certain religions and thus, smartness ensues. It's fairly common among Evangelical Atheists, though.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2017, 06:45 PM
And, I love Mormons, I grew up around them, had a big fat Mormon Temple less than a quarter mile from my house. Hottest girl I evah dated? Yep, Mormon.

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 06:48 PM
Then why the BoM?

The Book of Mormon is a totally different book, about a totally different group of people, in a totally different region of the world. Mormons believe it's a companion to the Bible. Mormons consider the Bible to be the word of God.

gunns
03-15-2017, 06:48 PM

Kind of hard to tell to a dead person but my big military family has never complained. Just so long as we can spend that time together.

Tombstone RJ
03-15-2017, 06:54 PM
The Book of Mormon is a totally different book, about a totally different group of people, in a totally different region of the world. Mormons believe it's a companion to the Bible. Mormons consider the Bible to be the word of God.

The Bible is clear: don't ad or subtract from it. I'll leave it at that as getting into a theological debate here is silly. Btw, know any hot single Mormon chicks looking for a way out? I can help...

Archer81
03-15-2017, 06:59 PM
Let's refrain from denigrating any faith, regardless of your personal opinion of it. I've banned people today. I have 0 issue doing it again and sending this thread to orangemane purgatory.

:Broncos:

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 07:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zHuT0Ro.gif

Brohemoth
03-15-2017, 07:24 PM
Atheism is a religion.

Agreed, one I do not like either. Nobody should claim to know anything.

I am apart of Bill Maher's "I don't know!" cult. :rofl:

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 07:28 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/03/d0/57/03d057675a0851adf0b488869740e360.gif

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 07:36 PM
https://m.popkey.co/be4c7a/wGjkM_s-200x150.gif

Archer81
03-15-2017, 07:40 PM
https://m.popkey.co/be4c7a/wGjkM_s-200x150.gif

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/736/195/8eb.gif

OABB
03-15-2017, 07:44 PM
I tease all religions because they are all dumb ftr

GonzoLays
03-15-2017, 08:06 PM
Of course Mormons are Christian. Just a wild off-shoot.

Are they really? Olive skin Jesus wouldn't agree would he? "Come thy children, all the non-black ones I mean."

****ing cult. It's hysterical when they said God gave them a "revelation" to not be racists anymore in 2013. You can't make this **** up.

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 08:31 PM
GonzoLays: Not letting facts get in the way of his racially-themed posts, since 2003.

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 08:35 PM
is Eddy Mac Jr. Mormon?

Archer81
03-15-2017, 08:48 PM
is Eddy Mac Jr. Mormon?

Worse. Anglican. The whitest church in the world.

bronco0608
03-15-2017, 08:55 PM
GonzoLays: Not letting facts get in the way of his racially-themed posts, since 2003.

Well set it straight then.

bronco militia
03-15-2017, 09:19 PM
Worse. Anglican. The whitest church in the world.

Haha

Kaylore
03-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Them's my BOYS!

The funniest part of this would have been when they stole the backpack, went through it, and found the only thing in it was a bunch of copies of the Book of Mormon.

That kid probably has a football scholarship waiting for him at BYU. He probably got a Dear John letter from his girlfriend, and he was just looking for a chance to let off some steam. Missionaries go into some of the worst areas in the world. They're supposed to just hand over whatever is asked for, when they are robbed.

I was just going to post this. Missionaries are broke. They are minimalists with books about God. Books they want you to take. They're also between 19-26 years old and incredibly fit. Some come from farming families. They are a terrible choice to rob in terms of possible gain and ability to defend themselves.

DomCasual
03-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Well set it straight then.

I wouldn't explain it any better than the church, itself, did: https://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood?lang=eng&old=true

The bottom line, however, is that there were issues with racism in the history of the LDS Church. No one was ever denied baptism into the church because of their race. But until about forty years ago, men were denied the priesthood because of it. It's definitely not great; but it is what it is. (I have no idea what Gonzo is talking about with the 2013 thing. Like I said, a lack of factual evidence has never stopped him from trying to be "provocative." His act becomes tired fast, though. There are two things Gonzo loves to talk about: race, and himself - not necessarily in that order).

All you can do is your best, though. The issues in question predate my membership in the church. And I'll take the good the church does, and put it up against the good that is done by any similar organization. Mormons are generally some of the most hard working, charitable people in the world; and they're becoming even more so. The LDS Church is consistently one of the first relief organizations on the ground in places of natural or political disasters. The church welfare system has been studied by government and charitable organizations throughout the world, including in the US. It is a model of efficiency that provides a safety net for all of its members, and millions of non-members in need. Those things don't completely negate some of the less pleasant parts of the church's history. But, like I said, all you can do is your best. That stuff is now almost a half century behind us. And the current church is becoming more diverse each year.

Gonzo isn't interested in stuff like that, though. He wants turmoil, and confrontation. He likes to try and find monsters - often even where monsters don't exist. He seems to like to be banned. I have plenty I could use from this thread alone to ban him. But I'm giving him a freebie, since his nonsense in this thread is directed at me. I can be a big boy, and have thick skin. :)

Kaylore
03-15-2017, 09:48 PM
There is no positive ending to this thread.

I disagree. Gonzolays could get banned.

ghwk
03-15-2017, 10:10 PM

Ok, there's that.

SleepingTiger
03-15-2017, 10:13 PM

How he isnt banned is crazy. He spews nothing but hate to get a rise from other posters. Just like Dom says, he creates monsters when there are none to be found.

Even though I am not Mormon, I respect there resolve to spread the word. It take some serious commitment to go door to door in the afternoon with the Texas heat beating down on you.

broncocalijohn
03-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Bronco Warrior told me via PM that he was Morman and just completed a missionary. Pretty sure he had it up on his MySpace page last week.

We all know the Mormon just standing there watching would probably be Bronco Warrior but he would claim to be the bad ass.

ghwk
03-16-2017, 01:57 AM
Hilarious!We all know the Mormon just standing there watching would probably be Bronco Warrior but he would claim to be the bad ass.

Lol, ouch!

schaaf
03-16-2017, 06:29 AM
I've never met a Mormon I didn't like. With that said Rob Bishop and Jason Chaffetz can go **** themselves for trying to sell public land.

Requiem
03-16-2017, 06:32 AM
This thread needs more South Park.

Johnykbr
03-16-2017, 07:31 AM
Nothing wrong with Mormons at all (one of my friends is a "reborn" one so well aware of its history) but hate BYU with the fire of a thousand suns

GonzoLays
03-16-2017, 08:36 AM
I wouldn't explain it any better than the church, itself, did: https://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood?lang=eng&old=true

The bottom line, however, is that there were issues with racism in the history of the LDS Church. No one was ever denied baptism into the church because of their race. But until about forty years ago, men were denied the priesthood because of it. It's definitely not great; but it is what it is. (I have no idea what Gonzo is talking about with the 2013 thing. Like I said, a lack of factual evidence has never stopped him from trying to be "provocative." His act becomes tired fast, though. There are two things Gonzo loves to talk about: race, and himself - not necessarily in that order).

So that blurb is how the church explains 150 years of institutionalized hate and bigotry?

"Prophet" Brigham Young comments about blacks (I could post a whole page of this but you get the point)

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 10, p. 110).

"In our first settlement in Missouri, it was said by our enemies that we intended to tamper with the slaves, not that we had any idea of the kind, for such a thing never entered our minds. We knew that the children of Ham were to be the "servant of servants," and no power under heaven could hinder it, so long as the Lord would permit them to welter under the curse and those were known to be our religious views concerning them." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 2, p. 172).

Can you get anymore backwards and vile than this? Is it even possible? But this apparently was par for the course until 1978. This Hitler-esque mindset was taught as RELIGION; as God's own word. But nothing to see here, right? As you say, this "predates my association with the church"...so no big deal. Blah. Thats like saying, "well Joe Mixon punched a woman before he became associated with the Broncos so no big deal. But have you seen all the community service he has done??!! He has visited more hospitals than anyone on this board combined!! Botton line, however, is that there were issues with Joe Mixon and domestic violence, but he never raped anyone."

Is this a joke or something?

But you know what really gets my goat? They have the ****ing nerve to send their people on missions to Africa and the Caribbean to preach and convert them!! Convert them to a religion that believed they were "servants of servants" and "cursed." The ****ing nerve and audacity of these people is unbelievable.

ColoradoDarin
03-16-2017, 08:43 AM
^^^^

http://rs210.pbsrc.com/albums/bb310/harrybairey/Mad/1275808844473.jpg~c200

Gonzo's butt hurt, again.

tsmarine1
03-16-2017, 08:47 AM
My wife use to be a Mormon and her brother still is.They do not believe in the Bible nor the Jesus in it..nor that he was a Jew.They believe blacks come from Lucifur..the brother of Jesus.All with black skin is this way(I'm black) because of the fall to the earth..the atmosphere turned it black.I'm not a biblical Christian but Mormons are for sure not Christian in the term that they believe in the Bible and the Jesus in it.I got tons of laughs watching Mitt Romney debate Obama given what that dude believes in.

Beantown Bronco
03-16-2017, 09:30 AM
Is this a joke or something?

No.....but you certainly are.

GonzoLays
03-16-2017, 09:33 AM
No.....but you certainly are.

Good one, bro. You come up with that all by yourself? Respond to the content of the post next time. Mmm-kay.

Drunk Monkey
03-16-2017, 09:33 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1toaYuF.gif

The hate will consume Gonzo soon and all control will be lost. Then the ban hammer will fall.

Drunk Monkey
03-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Also Star Wars is racist, why the dark side got to be the bad one?

https://media.giphy.com/media/4WHkXdDx8wjS0/giphy.gif

Quoydogs
03-16-2017, 10:01 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1toaYuF.gif

The hate will consume Gonzo soon and all control will be lost. Then the ban hammer will fall.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=39184&stc=1&d=1489683696

BroncoBeavis
03-16-2017, 10:02 AM
Also Star Wars is racist, why the dark side got to be the bad one?

https://media.giphy.com/media/4WHkXdDx8wjS0/giphy.gif

I blame Al Davis.

sgbfan
03-16-2017, 12:26 PM
My wife use to be a Mormon and her brother still is.They do not believe in the Bible nor the Jesus in it..nor that he was a Jew.They believe blacks come from Lucifur..the brother of Jesus.All with black skin is this way(I'm black) because of the fall to the earth..the atmosphere turned it black.I'm not a biblical Christian but Mormons are for sure not Christian in the term that they believe in the Bible and the Jesus in it.I got tons of laughs watching Mitt Romney debate Obama given what that dude believes in.

Please tell me more about what I believe, because all of that is news to me.

Kaylore
03-16-2017, 12:47 PM
I used to be LDS, so I do not believe in the faith. But I practiced and taught it faithfully for 30+ years, and I can say unequivocally that 90% of what you just posted is grade A horse ****.

BroncoLifer
03-17-2017, 11:41 AM
I'm perfectly OK with Mormons, except that I'll never forgive you for the Osmonds.

BroncoBeavis
03-17-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm perfectly OK with Mormons, except that I'll never forgive you for the Osmonds.

In most ways less forgivable than any other issue mentioned in this thread.

DomCasual
03-17-2017, 12:36 PM
You guys just wish he was a little more rock n' roll.

BroncoBeavis
03-17-2017, 12:56 PM
You guys just wish he was a little more rock n' roll.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/9JSC2vqmx3AWI/200.webp#13

TerrElway
03-17-2017, 01:36 PM
Screw Donny. Marie was my first crush. Still cute even though she's 97 years old.

TerrElway
03-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Please tell me more about what I believe, because all of that is news to me.

Same. Don't you love when people tell you all about what you believe and don't believe? Even though you've lived it and studied it inside and out for decades.

I need to tell my Mormon family members who are Asian and black how us Mormons are the religious KKK so they can hurry and save themselves. What does that make them if they are non-white mormons?

I should also tell my son in the Philipines to make sure only to teach and talk to white people because that's what we really believe. He's going to get soooo bored.

BroncoBeavis
03-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Had no idea Tiger Woods was mormon.

ghwk
03-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Screw Donny. Marie was my first crush. Still cute even though she's 97 years old.

This. And Jane Seymour in live and let die.

Kaylore
03-17-2017, 07:04 PM

She was a goddess! She's still pretty hot - even in that stupid open-hearts commercial.

sgbfan
03-18-2017, 12:01 PM

Never was an Osmand fan, although they were a little before my time. Marie did sing one of my favorite country songs of all time with Dan Seals though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8xlpOjcyst8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TerrElway
03-18-2017, 05:33 PM

And in battlestar galactica. In anything really.

BroncoBeavis
03-23-2017, 05:46 PM
New top reason to hate Mormons.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-governor-says-approve-strictest-dui-limit-us-170243994.html

DomCasual
03-25-2017, 02:25 PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/utah-governor-says-approve-strictest-dui-limit-us-170243994.html

Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous.

gunns
03-25-2017, 09:21 PM

A reason to hate a group of people? I drink only occasionally now and I cannot stand the legislature here but I have no problem with this. DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE PERIOD. A drinker is the worst judge of how far they've gone. Make it .0 for all I care.

Kaylore
03-26-2017, 12:05 AM
With Uber, there's really no reason to be drinking and driving. And honestly, the difference between .08 and .05 is negligible. There are a number of states that have legal consequences for being over .05.

ghwk
03-26-2017, 07:55 AM
With Uber, there's really no reason to be drinking and driving. And honestly, the difference between .08 and .05 is negligible. There are a number of states that have legal consequences for being over .05.

I wonder how many issues are caused by the .05 driver.

broncosteven
03-26-2017, 09:54 AM
She was a goddess! She's still pretty hot - even in that stupid open-hearts commercial.

CBS Sunday Morning had Linda Carter on today, she still floats my boat.

DomCasual
03-29-2017, 02:22 PM

https://i.imgur.com/5TZKtBM.gif

ghwk
03-29-2017, 02:25 PM

I saw Lindsay Wagner (Bionic Woman) in the Portland Airport back in the day, she was stunning. (to me anyway)

BroncoBeavis
03-29-2017, 02:49 PM

I imagine the slice of Utah covered by Uber is relatively tiny. And in all honesty, .10 was just fine. People blowing .09 weren't out there killing people due to drunk driving. But Drunks blowing twice that amount were still out there killing people so we had to DOOO Something! Even though it only meant punishing those who were already acting responsibly and not hurting anyone.

Although in Utah's case, it's all really just veiled prohibitionism. Still disappointing to watch them give such cover to the nanny statists that will inevitably follow everywhere else.

DomCasual
03-29-2017, 03:13 PM
I imagine the slice of Utah covered by Uber is relatively tiny. And in all honesty, .10 was just fine. People blowing .09 weren't out there killing people due to drunk driving. But Drunks blowing twice that amount were still out there killing people so we had to DOOO Something! Even though it only meant punishing those who were already acting responsibly and not hurting anyone.

Although in Utah's case, it's all really just veiled prohibitionism. Still disappointing to watch them give such cover to the nanny statists that will inevitably follow everywhere else.

I just don't get it. What compelled someone here to say, "You know what would fix things? If we changed the BAC from .08 to .05."

Freaking Utah. I love parts of it. But mostly, I'd love to live somewhere else.

BroncoBeavis
03-29-2017, 03:18 PM
I just don't get it. What compelled someone here to say, "You know what would fix things? If we changed the BAC from .08 to .05."

More regulation is how you show you care. Ever-increasing restriction in the name of perpetually unobtainable perfection.

Really though, the only real reason in Utah is they'd outlaw drinking altogether if they could.

ghwk
03-29-2017, 03:34 PM

Move to Logan, I hear it's a nice college town. :thumbs:

Bronco Yoda
03-31-2017, 06:42 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GVJgmp2Tc2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OKkLV1zE8M0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TerrElway
04-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Move to Logan, I hear it's a nice college town. :thumbs:

I'm from Logan. USU class of '96!

Cache Valley is the best place in Utah. But too many people are figuring that out and there are getting to be too many people there now. People suck.