PDA

View Full Version : 'This team is like a Ferrari. Just drive the car and don't wreck it.'

ludo21
08-26-2016, 08:42 AM
Most of us know that the GREATEST TE OF ALL TIME said this once to Bubby Brister (Shannon Sharpe)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Sacco-Sez-Dont-worry-about-the-quarterbacks/cff41d61-7976-4c06-bb70-57c715170fcb

Basis of article is that this team is good enough to win without great QB play.

What are the OM thoughts? Are we good enough for that, or do we need some QB magic to win most our games?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Most of us know that the GREATEST TE OF ALL TIME said this once to Bubby Brister (Shannon Sharpe)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Sacco-Sez-Dont-worry-about-the-quarterbacks/cff41d61-7976-4c06-bb70-57c715170fcb

What are the OM thoughts? Are we good enough for that, or do we need some QB magic to win most our games?

Maybe you don't need great QB play, but if you're going that route you need a decent OL.

Bad QB play combined with bad OL results in many TOs and **** redzones.

v2micca
08-26-2016, 08:53 AM

Well, we saw what happened the following season when Denver handed the keys to that Ferrari to Brian Griese. It promptly blew out a Tire. Quarterback play may be slightly overrated at the moment, but don't over correct on your assessment of the importance of the position regardless of how much talent you surround it with.

ludo21
08-26-2016, 09:04 AM
I cannot help but think of a few clutch Manning performances throughout the year and even fan favorite Brock playing outstanding in the Bengals and Pats game.

I am still of the opinion that if we want to win most games we are going to need to roll the dice on Paxton Lynch, but I really hope either way the QB play here is not just AVERAGE in key situations.

jmz313
08-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Nope. This team is not as good as that team was on O to say the QB just needs to be there and not mess up. that team had Elite offensive players all over the place. AND... Knew their elite QB would be on his way back to drive that Ferrari over the finish line as soon as possible.

It worked out last year but that was last year.

Shananahan
08-26-2016, 09:12 AM
It's an awesome quote but I don't think it directly translates to the current team.

Requiem
08-26-2016, 09:19 AM
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/432189/fullsize/delorean.jpg

RonMexico
08-26-2016, 09:21 AM
The drivers of this Ferrari are on the other side of the football.

Defensive players determine the outcome for this team. If the offense contributes at all each and every week, they'll have been an upgrade over last years unit. Last years offense was a net negative nearly every week out it seemed. There have been some upgrades on the line. That is a reason to be hopeful that the offense will be able to contribute more this season through the running game.

bronco militia
08-26-2016, 09:36 AM
http://content-img.newsinc.com/jpg/484/30141959/29547917.jpg?t=1451608740

BroncoBeavis
08-26-2016, 10:21 AM

More like it. :)

BigPlayShay
08-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Well, we saw what happened the following season when Denver handed the keys to that Ferrari to Brian Griese. It promptly blew out a Tire. Quarterback play may be slightly overrated at the moment, but don't over correct on your assessment of the importance of the position regardless of how much talent you surround it with.

TD getting hurt and bringing in dirtbags like Dale Carter didn't help either.

ShaneFalco
08-26-2016, 10:46 AM
http://jacksonville.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/drv_1TebowThunderbir990x743_0.jpg

DENVERDUI55
08-26-2016, 10:49 AM
I say starting qbs should never wear number 6 in Denver.

Shananahan
08-26-2016, 10:57 AM
The drivers of this Ferrari are on the other side of the football.
Maybe if Von gets injured we can re-use this thread for Barrett or Ray.

FlaBroncosFan
08-26-2016, 11:15 AM
I feel like we're handing the keys to Stevie Wonder.

IndelibleScribe
08-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Maybe if Von gets injured we can re-use this thread for Barrett or Ray.

Knock on wood damn you!

Bronco Yoda
08-26-2016, 12:51 PM
It's an awesome quote but I don't think it directly translates to the current team.

This ^

The O-line isn't even ready for the fast lane yet IMO.

IndelibleScribe
08-26-2016, 12:57 PM
This ^

The O-line isn't even ready for the fast lane yet IMO.

Fast lane, it's not ready for the car pool lane.

We have Okung and Paradis...that's it. Stephenson is an improvement but we have no idea how much.

Bronco Yoda
08-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Fast lane, it's not ready for the car pool lane.

We have Okung and Paradis...that's it. Stephenson is an improvement but we have no idea how much.

agreed

Having Schofield does allow them to park right up front in the handicapped parking.
:giggle:

cmhargrove
08-26-2016, 01:10 PM
We are definitely in for a bumpy ride this year, but the thing I appreciate about Kubiak teams lately is they finish the season strong and put themselves in contention in November-December.

I have a feeling that we still win the division, but it won't be wrapped up early, and it very well might be decided with the last two games of the season against the Chiefs and Raiders.

We really need to keep our running backs healthy - hopefully they can make the difference in the red zone this year. It would be awesome if CJ could end up with 10-12 TD's this year, and Booker with 8-10. We might have a shot if we can get those guys rolling.

Atwater His Ass
08-26-2016, 01:46 PM
The Ferrari line was about the top offense in the league with Brister stepping in for Elway, aka don't mess up a good thing and we'll still hang 30+ points on teams.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the current Bronco situation. Couldn't be farther from reality.

RonMexico
08-26-2016, 02:28 PM
We are definitely in for a bumpy ride this year, but the thing I appreciate about Kubiak teams lately is they finish the season strong and put themselves in contention in November-December.

I have a feeling that we still win the division, but it won't be wrapped up early, and it very well might be decided with the last two games of the season against the Chiefs and Raiders.

We really need to keep our running backs healthy - hopefully they can make the difference in the red zone this year. It would be awesome if CJ could end up with 10-12 TD's this year, and Booker with 8-10. We might have a shot if we can get those guys rolling.

The offense began shifting to a run-first offense last season.

For whatever reason, some Broncos fans have yet to come to the realization that this new iteration of the Denver Broncos is different then what they expect. This iteration is a defense-first, run-second, and pass-last clock management meat grinder.

This team is not built to create doe-eyed love fawning for QBs in the hearts of teenage boys and teenage men. It's built to grind the opponent into edible chunks of meat to be consumed and discarded. I like the meat grinder much more than the alternative.

ZONA
08-26-2016, 06:30 PM
The Ferrari line was about the top offense in the league with Brister stepping in for Elway, aka don't mess up a good thing and we'll still hang 30+ points on teams.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the current Bronco situation. Couldn't be farther from reality.

The phrase was 'team'. This TEAM is like a Ferrari it says. Doesn't say anything about it being specific to the offense. And they're using it out of context obviously because this is a different year.

They're saying it because they said the same thing last year. The defense is so dominant, the QB doesn't have to force things and make mistakes. Why you gotta be so anal on your're view of this? Just have fun with it.

Rocket 7
08-26-2016, 07:10 PM
I miss the Ferrari days

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/dipsomaniac1/dbv_zpssxzmq43w.jpg

itswutz4dinna
08-26-2016, 07:42 PM
Ferrari's are pretty difficult to drive though.

BroncosfanGuy
08-26-2016, 08:43 PM

does it have a flux capacitor?

broncocalijohn
08-26-2016, 08:59 PM

That thing will never get up to 88 MPH.

Hamrob
08-26-2016, 09:06 PM
- You need someone to limit turnovers
- You need someone to covert 3rd downs
- You need someone who can covert red zone opportunities into 7's vs. 3's
- You need someone who can win you 1-2 games when the games on the line

Can Sanchez do the above? No
Can Siemian do the above? Unknown but not a risk taker
Can Lynch do the above? Eventually but will have to learn on the field

That's where we stand today. So, even with the best defense in the NFL and some really talented pieces on offense (LT, WR, RB) it would seem like a tall task.

I would say right now we look like a 10-6 team either a wild card or just out of the playoffs. I think we will know for sure by week 4. Go 3-0 and I'm wrong, 2-1, I might be wrong, 1-2 I'm right, 0-3 we'll be lucky to see 8-8!

RonMexico
08-26-2016, 10:44 PM
- You need someone to limit turnovers
- You need someone to covert 3rd downs
- You need someone who can covert red zone opportunities into 7's vs. 3's
- You need someone who can win you 1-2 games when the games on the line

Can Sanchez do the above? No
Can Siemian do the above? Unknown but not a risk taker
Can Lynch do the above? Eventually but will have to learn on the field

That's where we stand today. So, even with the best defense in the NFL and some really talented pieces on offense (LT, WR, RB) it would seem like a tall task.

I would say right now we look like a 10-6 team either a wild card or just out of the playoffs. I think we will know for sure by week 4. Go 3-0 and I'm wrong, 2-1, I might be wrong, 1-2 I'm right, 0-3 we'll be lucky to see 8-8!

Not a bad take.