PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Ticket without DirecTV to go package (Mobile)?

ICON
08-24-2016, 09:21 AM
So I finally broke down after finding out that I was going to have to work quite a few Sundays this year and got Sunday Ticket without DirecTV. Since I live in a apartment building I qualified .I'm using an Android mobile HD phone it's running a OS 4.4 .I was just wondering if anyone here could give me a review of the Sunday Ticket to go if they've used the mobile app with NFL Sunday Ticket To Go package before.

Thanks

winstoncup bronco
08-24-2016, 09:33 AM
I've had it the previous 2 seasons. NYC is one of the markets exempt from their restrictions, so even though I choose not to get DTV for my home, I can still get the streaming package.

I've used it on my tablet a few times, and it's been fine. Normally I just hook up my laptop to the TV via HDMI, but there are a few times when I'm not able to be at home.

bowtown
08-24-2016, 09:48 AM
I've gotten it the past 5 years. This is how it is every year:

Week 1 - total disaster - feeds break, tons of buffering, generally unwatchable

Week 2- Pretty much the same but a little better (everyone in the world calls to ask for their money back and twitter explodes)

Weeks 3-5 - Better. Can now watch most of the game uninterrupted but the Red Zone channel is still super glitchy

Weeks 6-8 - Seems like they may have finally gotten their **** together. Occasional issue here and there, but on the whole, decent

Week 9 - Everything ****s the bed. Totally unwatchable... twitter explodes again.

Weeks 10 - 17 - Back to being pretty decent.

I swear it is like this every single year like clockwork. It's like each year is their first foray into online streaming. I have no idea why they can't just get it right. Anyway, it's expensive for a sub optimal product, but with two young kids, I can't make it to the bars anymore and I don't want to deal with VPN ****, so I don't have a lot of other options if I want to watch football all day on Sundays and see all the Denver games.

You just have to realize going in that there are going to be frustrations and at least a coupe of weeks where you are going to be furious and probably on the phone. I will say that calling them in years past on terrible service weekends has gotten me some of my money back, it's just a huge pain to get through and fight with them about how it's their ****ty service and not my ISP.

Hope that helps.

bowtown
08-24-2016, 09:50 AM

Week 2- Pretty much the same but a little better (everyone in the world calls to ask for their money back and twitter explodes)

Weeks 3-5 - Better. Can now watch most of the game uninterrupted but the Red Zone channel is still super glitchy

Weeks 6-8 - Seems like they may have finally gotten their **** together. Occasional issue here and there, but on the whole, decent

Week 9 - Everything ****s the bed. Totally unwatchable... twitter explodes again.

I swear it is like this every single year like clockwork. It's like each year is their first foray into online streaming. I have no idea why they can't just get it right. Anyway, it's expensive for a sub optimal product, but with two young kids, I can't make it to the bars anymore and I don't want to deal with VPN ****, so I don't have a lot of other options if I want to watch football all day on Sundays and see all the Denver games.

You just have to realize going in that there are going to be frustrations and at least a coupe of weeks where you are going to be furious and probably on the phone. I will say that calling them in years past on terrible service weekends has gotten me some of my money back, it's just a huge pain to get through and fight with them about how it's their ****ty service and not my ISP.

Hope that helps.

The only other thing I'll add is that streaming over a PlayStation, Xbox, or other device that you can hardwire into a modem tends to be a better experience than trying to stream over wifi.

sgbfan
08-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Any idea how to get your apartment to qualify for this?

ICON
08-24-2016, 10:06 AM
Any idea how to get your apartment to qualify for this?

My situation it's just explained clearly on the lease they do not want satellite dishes on the rooftops but then again in my case I need to be able to watch it on my phone if I'm at work that's why I actually wasn't too upset that I qualified for the to go package.

ICON
08-24-2016, 10:11 AM

Hope that helps.

Absolutely thank you so much this is exactly what I was asking When I read all the bad reviews on the(Sunday Ticket app) on Android play store for the to go app. I was starting to think I'd better pull my money out before the season starts from Sunday Ticket. From what I'm reading it appears the main problem is the Sunday Ticket app itself not completely the Sunday Ticket but then again I don't know how that all works.

winstoncup bronco
08-24-2016, 10:18 AM

Hope that helps.

Sorry to hear that. I have to say that has not been my experience at all. I've only used the mobile app a few times, but I haven't had issues. Same for the regular streaming over my wifi. Who is your provider? I have Fios so maybe they're more with it.

oubronco
08-24-2016, 10:53 AM

Hope that helps.

Sounds like a stream you can get on gameday for free

Atwater His Ass
08-24-2016, 02:32 PM
I've had it for a few years. Always runs well for the most part.

bowtown
08-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Sorry to hear that. I have to say that has not been my experience at all. I've only used the mobile app a few times, but I haven't had issues. Same for the regular streaming over my wifi. Who is your provider? I have Fios so maybe they're more with it.

You sound like their customer service reps. It's not my ISP. I hardwire in and get over 70mbs. If you've only used it a few times then you could easily get some decent games or weeks, but I'm telling you every year there are at least 2-3 weeks where their streams are garbage and their customer service channel on Twitter is a sewer of furious people.