PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez is the Logical start week 1

Coldcity76
08-24-2016, 06:30 AM
Despite the turnovers he is the only QB on the roster to have throw an NFL pass and start an NFL game. He also has post season experience and as much as I want Lynch to start Sanchez makes the most sense. At least one of those fumbles last game was a protection breakdown and I think a lot of us are expecting turnovers and not giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. He still had a 80 QB rating last game (and for the preseason thus far)

Trevor is bascially a rookie who is super raw - no NFL experience at all playing in a game. We also saw him go turtle last game when things went bad. He also has not throw any touch downs in preseason and has the worst numbers of the three QBs (66 QB rating). He does not appear to have much ceiling but seems to know the playbook well. So why waste time developing him and not Lynch? He is not an option to start game 1 short of showing a good performance against the RAMs (need a touch down here). This is why I think he got the start to get this look - can he play against an NFL ready defense in game 3?

Lynch could use some more time and reps but should start sooner than later. Need to develop him as he is the future. He will start this season I have no doubt.

The good news is we are talking about a stop gap here for Sanchez but we need him even when Lynch starts because despite being a subpar QB he has knowledge that he can pass to a young QB. Lynch ore Trevor cannot help each other much.

Brohemoth
08-24-2016, 06:33 AM
http://replygif.net/i/326.gif

This is the Orton argument all over again.

OABB
08-24-2016, 06:34 AM
Your bias is showing. Zip it up.

Coldcity76
08-24-2016, 06:36 AM
http://replygif.net/i/326.gif

This is the Orton argument all over again.

It is the same argument. But we really do not have anybody else with any NFL experience right now and the other two QBs are rookies. I think Lynch should start sooner though than in the Orton situation he would be an improvement over what we had last year. Tebow was just a really bad passer.

strafen
08-24-2016, 06:37 AM
This thread has a potential to become an instant classic.
I will read again.

Coldcity76
08-24-2016, 06:38 AM
I am making it while the "mob mentality" is going after Sanchez. Definitely not a popular argument.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-24-2016, 07:04 AM
Experience gets you nowhere when that experience sucks.

OABB
08-24-2016, 07:10 AM
I am making it while the "mob mentality" is going after Sanchez. Definitely not a popular argument.

Most of the time unpopular opinions are unpopular for a reason.

Because they're dumb.

Old Coyote
08-24-2016, 07:16 AM
Unless Trevor completely turds in the middle of the race....
Sanchez is fighting just to stay on the team at this point.
Sanchez is the only QB we could send to the Practice Squad without fear of loosing him to waivers.
You can't do 4 turnovers in 2 quarters of play against scrubs and win the #1 spot unless the other guys do extremely bad.

At this point I realistically could see Sanchez being cut and TJ Yates or Vick being picked up.

Our O-line is patchy at best, whoever is QB needs to have good hands. Sanchez earned the title buttfumble and reinforced it in Denver.

I was really hoping to see him turn a corner. But It is what it is.
Trevor is our starter in my estimation for game 1. But maybe he poops preseason game 3.... Who knows?

With a real game plan centered on running I think it won't be so bad as everyone thinks with either QB though.

I'm mostly nervous that Schofield will poop again. He's the one that should be cut in my opinion.

ColoradoDarin
08-24-2016, 07:19 AM
Logic? I don't think that means what you think it means.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G2y8Sx4B2Sk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
08-24-2016, 07:19 AM
Experience gets you nowhere when that experience sucks.

Like sending a shell-shocked PTSD veteran back to the front lines over the fresh private.

http://nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/mark.jpg

"At least he's got experience."

Requiem
08-24-2016, 07:20 AM
The only reason John Elway traded for Mark Sanchez was to give the OM something to debate about and fight over over the course of the offseason. Thanks, Elway.

ludo21
08-24-2016, 07:25 AM
Elway knows we like to argue about ****ty qb's ;D

Irish Stout
08-24-2016, 07:30 AM
I was totally against cutting Sanchez, and totally for starting Trevor, but now...

No, I will now say that Sanchez needs to be cut. Save the $3.5M (or whatever), keep the 7th round pick, and sign a Ponder (if he gets cut) or other vet QB when preseason shakes out to sit in a backup roll. Any vet QB in the NFL is going to be able to pass on the same "knowledge" to Lynch. Sanchez may carry himself as a locker room leader, but that does little good when he is a horrible on field QB.

Damn, some of this mob mentality has changed my mind here... could be cause its sound logic.

Bronx33
08-24-2016, 07:32 AM
Sigh....

ICON
08-24-2016, 07:48 AM
You are wrong. Sanchez isn't even good enough to be a backup !

Agamemnon
08-24-2016, 07:53 AM
I love when someone says something utterly irrational and absurd while calling it logical.

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310409026432.jpg

Drunk Monkey
08-24-2016, 07:57 AM
Unfortunately Butt fumble is who we thought he is. I was riding the dream that he would have to hand off 40 times a game and the D would lead us to victory. That dream went up in flames.

Cut him, we can do better, can't do much worst.

ScottXray
08-24-2016, 07:58 AM
It is the same argument. But we really do not have anybody else with any NFL experience right now and the other two QBs are rookies. I think Lynch should start sooner though than in the Orton situation he would be an improvement over what we had last year. Tebow was just a really bad passer.

Waiver wire will make Several other QBs available within a few days ( Monday) .

All the Broncos need to do is watch it to find a VET( with the bold above) and they can save a draft pick and most of the money Sanchez will take if he stays here. The only thing Sanchez is going to teach our young QBS is the smell of fear, and failure.

Kaylore
08-24-2016, 07:59 AM
Cold City doesn't watch the games or follow camp. All his opinions are based on nothing.

footstepsfrom#27
08-24-2016, 08:30 AM
Trevor is bascially a rookie who is super raw - no NFL experience at all playing in a game. We also saw him go turtle last game when things went bad.
Stop saying this. It isn't true. You must have bought into the BS I heard from Ron Zapollo and John Lynch in the TV broadcast. It was a total joke, some of the most biased television commentary I've ever heard in any game. It was based on zero evidence whatsoever.

I have not been a Trevor Siemian supporter previously. In fact I've been a critic. But the fact is he deserves the start. He has looks FAR superior to Sanchez, who actually does fit the turtle portrayal. Sanchez made a huge number of mistakes in that game, including taking sacks he didn't need to and failing to see wide open recievers. Most of all, he doesn't look like a leader either in the huddle or off the field. He is what most of us who know the game thought he was, a 3rd stringer with no upside, poor skills and limited leadership abilities.

Every starting QB in the league once had to take his first snaps. He will be fine. Siemian probably isn't the long term future here, and frankly we don't know for sure yet that Lynch is either. But Siemian is the best bet we have right now. He's the most accurate, throws the most catchable pass, he's liked and respected by the coaches and players and he's the least mistake prone. He's the right choice to guide a team depending on its defense, special teams and a ball confroll passing game designed to run the ball and protect field position.

BABronco
08-24-2016, 08:33 AM
Yup, start dirty for game one, only because Lynch and siemian have no experience. Game 2, guess what Lynch and siemian still have no experience. Game 3, still no experience for the young guys so start dirty. Repeat all the way to game 16 and we end up 5-11 dumbass

SoCalBronco
08-24-2016, 08:39 AM
@SHOOKColdCity

BroncosfanGuy
08-24-2016, 04:23 PM
alias check on aisle 5...prestty sure this guy is ATL Eric/Oranges/all those other aliai

Coldcity76
08-24-2016, 04:35 PM
Stop saying this. It isn't true. You must have bought into the BS I heard from Ron Zapollo and John Lynch in the TV broadcast. It was a total joke, some of the most biased television commentary I've ever heard in any game. It was based on zero evidence whatsoever.

I have not been a Trevor Siemian supporter previously. In fact I've been a critic. But the fact is he deserves the start. He has looks FAR superior to Sanchez, who actually does fit the turtle portrayal. Sanchez made a huge number of mistakes in that game, including taking sacks he didn't need to and failing to see wide open recievers. Most of all, he doesn't look like a leader either in the huddle or off the field. He is what most of us who know the game thought he was, a 3rd stringer with no upside, poor skills and limited leadership abilities.

Every starting QB in the league once had to take his first snaps. He will be fine. Siemian probably isn't the long term future here, and frankly we don't know for sure yet that Lynch is either. But Siemian is the best bet we have right now. He's the most accurate, throws the most catchable pass, he's liked and respected by the coaches and players and he's the least mistake prone. He's the right choice to guide a team depending on its defense, special teams and a ball confroll passing game designed to run the ball and protect field position.

Just curious, you think these numbers deserve anything of merit?

0 NFL experience rookie QB

Preseason numbers:
66 QB rating 0 TD 1 INT (pick 6)

Will we see trevor throw a TD this preseason? God I hope so if he is in the running for the starter job....

Its a really bad formula for a QB to be conservative and not throw TDs we will lose every game with that formula.

footstepsfrom#27
08-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Just curious, you think these numbers deserve anything of merit?

0 NFL experience rookie QB

Preseason numbers:
66 QB rating 0 TD 1 INT (pick 6)

Will we see trevor throw a TD this preseason? God I hope so if he is in the running for the starter job....

Its a really bad formula for a QB to be conservative and not throw TDs we will lose every game with that formula.
You're not exactly a statistical Zen Master.

Very small sample sizes like we see compiled in two preseason games, especially those where numerous different players are shuttling in and out of the lineup...are nearly meaningless.

Example: if either of two passes Siemian has thrown into the end zone which were dropped...were held onto instead...his QB rating rises dramatically.

Siemian is not a rookie, another falsehood you repeated here. There is obvious value to attending Manning University for a year.

What's more telling is the fact that a guy who is only 29 and was drafted #6 overall, is a 3rd string QB who is fighting for his life with a guy who would have been a UDFA had we not taken him.

Use your eyes. He's easily the most prepared to play right now given what we need any of these guys to do.

maggnus
08-24-2016, 05:20 PM
http://45.media.tumblr.com/9ecf30bccac1ed44f54c6670dd826233/tumblr_o0y1n37m4j1ttvfzko1_250.gif

jutang
08-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Sanchez has shown some ability to make 3rd downs. His willingness to go deep will prevent safeties from cheating up to the los. He definitely has cringe worthy moments but I still feel Kubiak could avoid calling certain plays that makes Sanchez go buttfumble.

Siemian has had moments, but really worried about his pick six. All Qbs make bad reads but there wasn't any disguise in the quarters coverage he threw into. Makes me wonder how he will do when the regular season starts.

Not saying Sanchez is great, but he hasn't played as bad as people make it seem. His int was partly due to a great defensive play and his 2nd fumble was due to a nonexistent RT.

Agamemnon
08-24-2016, 05:53 PM
Not saying Sanchez is great, but he hasn't played as bad as people make it seem.

Yes he has. He's thrown three to four interceptions in a single half's worth of play if you stop fixating on whether or not the defenders actually made the catch or not. Tack on the fumbles and it's been beyond awful.

jutang
08-24-2016, 06:01 PM
Yes he has. He's thrown three to four interceptions in a single half's worth of play if you stop fixating on whether or not the defenders actually made the catch or not. Tack on the fumbles and it's been beyond awful.

Where we're these 3 to 4 gimme ints? I recall one where he panicked turtles under a DE and hit a cb in the numbers in the SF game... By far his worst throw of the preseason. Where were the other 2 to 3?

JPPT1974
08-24-2016, 06:02 PM
I think either Trevor S that will be the logical choice to start or that of the rookie Paxton Lynch. But really Lynch needs to kind of learn the system first. But he will play just not in week 1 IMHO!

Ragnar
08-24-2016, 06:03 PM
I just don't understand why we don't put Lynch in, and let him have some growing pains. Elway started his first game, and was replaced by Deberg his first 2 games, after rough outings, but once DeBerg hurt his shoulder 6 weeks later, it was the all John Elway show.

This argument that making a Rookie QB a starter from the moment he hits the locker-room on his first day is only good if he has good experience is absolutely trash logic. Plenty of QB's have had ****ty first years and ended up fantastic QB's.

Furthermore, lets say that Lynch can't handle it mentally, Denver is the natural landing spot for Drew Brees next year if he decides to test the market like PMFM did. Getting a reputation that Denver is the place that Fantastic QB's go to retire after getting one more ring is not a bad way to do **** in the Mile High City...

I think the only reason that Franchises have been afraid of harming QB's mentally is because a 1st rounder cost you 100 million dollars, and you were stuck with him for like 8 years. Now that Same 1st rounder only costs you a couple million and you are 3-4 year optioned with him. Sink or Swim Lynch. This will either be your team or you can go sell Cellphones next year. But this is your shot.

broncocalijohn
08-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Despite the turnovers he is the only QB on the roster to have throw an NFL pass and start an NFL game. He also has post season experience and as much as I want Lynch to start Sanchez makes the most sense. At least one of those fumbles last game was a protection breakdown and I think a lot of us are expecting turnovers and not giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. He still had a 80 QB rating last game (and for the preseason thus far)

Trevor is bascially a rookie who is super raw - no NFL experience at all playing in a game. We also saw him go turtle last game when things went bad. He also has not throw any touch downs in preseason and has the worst numbers of the three QBs (66 QB rating). He does not appear to have much ceiling but seems to know the playbook well. So why waste time developing him and not Lynch? He is not an option to start game 1 short of showing a good performance against the RAMs (need a touch down here). This is why I think he got the start to get this look - can he play against an NFL ready defense in game 3?

Lynch could use some more time and reps but should start sooner than later. Need to develop him as he is the future. He will start this season I have no doubt.

The good news is we are talking about a stop gap here for Sanchez but we need him even when Lynch starts because despite being a subpar QB he has knowledge that he can pass to a young QB. Lynch ore Trevor cannot help each other much.

I dont believe you. No way you can troll this hard for over a week for Lynch to start and now go all in for Sanchez.

I am not buying what you are selling.

ZONA
08-24-2016, 09:11 PM
The funny part is, half the people on here will change their mind based on the results of game 3 of the pre-season. Rinse and repeat. Look forward to this same conversation next Wednesday.

:)

Jason in LA
08-24-2016, 10:03 PM
In theory, yes, Sanchez is the choice. Heading into camp it made sense to start a veteran QB who has had some success while in good situations. Starting a QB who hasn't thrown a pass just made no sense.

But if Sanchez can't beat out some dude who has no business competing for a starting job in the NFL, than why start Sanchez? Seems like he's had every chance to win the job and he hasn't done it. I wouldn't say that Siemian has won anything. Sanchez has just been that bad.

At this point it doesn't matter who they start. Play defense, run the ball, and take the QB out of the equation, just like last year.

R8R H8R
08-24-2016, 10:22 PM
I got a feeling Elway will wait to see what happens after Saturday, and when Sanchez pulls a Sanchez, Elway bluntly tells him that if he wants to stay on the team as the 3rd string vet, he must agree to a salary reduction. If he refuses, then he is cut.

Rohirrim
08-24-2016, 10:51 PM
Sanchez may start that first game, but I'll be surprised if he's still the starter when the second half starts.

KevinJames
08-25-2016, 04:19 AM
Sanchez is the logical preseason week 4 cut. Save a draft pick and 4 mil.

Bronx33
08-25-2016, 05:25 AM
Sanchez is the logical preseason week 4 cut. Save a draft pick and 4 mil.

Finally this thread is making sense!!!!

gyldenlove
08-25-2016, 06:17 AM

If NFL experience was the most important thing Len Dawson would still play.

GaryPupiak
08-25-2016, 06:22 AM

He is the only one who should definitely not start. An 8 year vet who can't clearly beat out a 7th rounder with no experience and a rookie? C'mon dude get a clue.

GaryPupiak
08-25-2016, 06:26 AM
Yup, start dirty for game one, only because Lynch and siemian have no experience. Game 2, guess what Lynch and siemian still have no experience. Game 3, still no experience for the young guys so start dirty. Repeat all the way to game 16 and we end up 5-11 dumbass

well said

HorseHead
08-25-2016, 06:46 AM
I've been saying all along, the third QB isn't on this team right now. Heck, we may even look at some of the cuts within our won division. Hello Chefs, seems like you have a couple of QB's who may not be around there too long. (Aaron Murray? Kevin Hogan (Stanford connection..).

It is a developing situation..

FlaBroncosFan
08-25-2016, 07:11 AM
If NFL experience was the most important thing Len Dawson would still play.

I say bring him in. See if he has anything left in the tank.

NFLBRONCO
08-25-2016, 07:30 AM
The funny part is, half the people on here will change their mind based on the results of game 3 of the pre-season. Rinse and repeat. Look forward to this same conversation next Wednesday.

:)

No doubt of course I can't blame them. I thought we would have our #1 QB choice named this week when TC started. I'm glad the Rams have a solid D and this will be like a real game to see if these guys can actually step up til Lynch is ready.

If not we raise the white flag and Lynch era starts now

NFLBRONCO
08-25-2016, 07:36 AM
I honestly don't want any of the 3 playing against Carolina's D. If we cut Sanchez do it monday and sign a guy that knows system. I'd like the new guy to get as many reps with wr's as possible before week 1.

Kaylore
08-25-2016, 07:42 AM
I say bring him in. See if he has anything left in the tank.

Do it just to piss off Chief Fans. We'd probably win a Super Bowl.

Coldcity76
08-25-2016, 10:02 AM
You're not exactly a statistical Zen Master.

Very small sample sizes like we see compiled in two preseason games, especially those where numerous different players are shuttling in and out of the lineup...are nearly meaningless.

Example: if either of two passes Siemian has thrown into the end zone which were dropped...were held onto instead...his QB rating rises dramatically.

Siemian is not a rookie, another falsehood you repeated here. There is obvious value to attending Manning University for a year.

What's more telling is the fact that a guy who is only 29 and was drafted #6 overall, is a 3rd string QB who is fighting for his life with a guy who would have been a UDFA had we not taken him.

Use your eyes. He's easily the most prepared to play right now given what we need any of these guys to do.

I agree small sample size but this still hurts any case to say we should start an unproven rookie QB.

What I see in Trevor Semien is somebody who knows the playbook well but is super cautious and raw. This tells me that when Trevor will play it safe we will lose games like we did with Orton - its a failed recipe to have a cautious QB unless our running game is top notch and it isn't.

At least Sanchez will take a gamble to win the game. This may cost us but it also may not. With trevor you will get low risk low reward.

Low risk low reward...

NE Cheaters
08-25-2016, 10:07 AM

Sigh! Such a far cry from Elway and Manning.

footstepsfrom#27
08-25-2016, 11:03 AM
I agree small sample size but this still hurts any case to say we should start an unproven rookie QB.
He's not a rookie dummy. You continue trolling that in spite of it being false.

What I see in Trevor Semien is somebody who knows the playbook well but is super cautious and raw. This tells me that when Trevor will play it safe we will lose games like we did with Orton - its a failed recipe to have a cautious QB unless our running game is top notch and it isn't.

At least Sanchez will take a gamble to win the game. This may cost us but it also may not. With trevor you will get low risk low reward.

Low risk low reward...
Cautious is what they want.

DENVERDUI55
08-25-2016, 11:09 AM

Low risk low reward...

Sanchize is extremely high risk and very low reward. Sanchize is a great option if you actually believe your team is good enough to win the negative turnover margin created by the bum. Other than score, that is the key stat to winning in the NFL.

OABB
08-25-2016, 12:27 PM

Low risk low reward...

Aren't you asking to start our actual rookie?

Coldcity76
08-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Aren't you asking to start our actual rookie?

Yeah, you mean Lynch? I think we are wasting our time starting the other rookie and with Sanchez we at least we might have a chance at winning a game.

I really don't see what Sanchez did so bad. He payed better than Semien last game. I guess if we are saying we expect more from a veteran I get that.

DENVERDUI55
08-25-2016, 12:51 PM
I really don't see what Sanchez did so bad.

I'd start with doing what he always does. 3 turnovers in 2 games.

Agamemnon
08-25-2016, 12:56 PM
I'd start with doing what he always does. 3 turnovers in 2 games.

One half actually.

DENVERDUI55
08-25-2016, 01:03 PM
One half actually.

Yeah even worse.

broncosteven
08-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Cold City doesn't watch the games or follow camp. All his opinions are based on nothing.

Kinda like a step below lossChef who only looked at the player stats.

DENVERDUI55
08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Kinda like a step below lossChef who only looked at the player stats.

He could be lossqueef or another KC troll. He isn't a Broncos fan.

Rabb
08-25-2016, 02:03 PM

Yeah maybe, but joined a few years ago which is weird. I don't remember this person being so annoying but who knows.

footstepsfrom#27
08-25-2016, 02:03 PM
I really don't see what Sanchez did so bad. He payed better than Semien last game.
No...he didn't. He sucked.

footstepsfrom#27
08-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Maybe he's Sanchez.

ZONA
08-25-2016, 02:20 PM
I really don't see what Sanchez did so bad. He payed better than Semien last game.

3 turnovers for Sanchez
1 turnover for Siemian

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/dZb3hol3fb3Da" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/dZb3hol3fb3Da">

oubronco
08-25-2016, 02:40 PM
LOL Hilarious!