PDA

View Full Version : Foles: would you have picked him up?

Pontius Pirate
08-23-2016, 08:41 AM
When Foles was dropped by LA, would you have picked him up if you were Elway?

BroncoMan4ever
08-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Not at the contract he had, but I would have brought him on a prove it deal over Sanchez and Siemian

kappys
08-23-2016, 08:45 AM
What are the Chief's paying him? As long as it is reasonable I wish we had.

Kaylore
08-23-2016, 08:47 AM
He's not really a play action guy. And he's looking for big money. And he's not on Rex Ryan's arm. But in the abstract he's better than Sanchez.

Broncojef
08-23-2016, 08:52 AM
I really don't want to see Sanchez again. The last game was a bit too much. At this point if we need a veteran presence on the bench I'd take just about anyone over him. After the second fumble in week 2 you could see in his eyes he was rattled and no good thing was going to come.

Brohemoth
08-23-2016, 08:57 AM
It's a shame there isn't a Matt Hasselback available, someone who doesn't expect or want to start but has vast experience to share with the youngins.

BroncoBeavis
08-23-2016, 09:00 AM
I really don't want to see Sanchez again. The last game was a bit too much. At this point if we need a veteran presence on the bench I'd take just about anyone over him. After the second fumble in week 2 you could see in his eyes he was rattled and no good thing was going to come.

Yeah, ideally you'd want someone that actually once had some kind of moxie at some point. What notes from his 'prime' does Dirty really have to share?

Irish Stout
08-23-2016, 09:03 AM
If, in theory, we could have exchanged Sanchez for Foles at the same numbers, I would have done it.

Clearly Foles is OK to be competing from the backup role in KC where Smith is pretty much the solidified starter, so you think he would have been fine with that same opportunity here.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-23-2016, 09:12 AM
RG3 is looking better than Foles would.

Broncojef
08-23-2016, 09:15 AM

I was totally against RG3 when he was an option...guess hes proving me wrong so far. Not sure if he can stay healthy all year but looks good now.

rmsanger
08-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Foles is looking for a long-term starting gig and not a role where he starts a year until Paxton is ready to ascend.

backup qb
08-23-2016, 09:45 AM
No

TonyR
08-23-2016, 09:47 AM

I was a proponent of giving RG3 a shot. And I wish Elway and Kubiak would have had the guts to do it rather than go the Sanchez route.

BroncoBeavis
08-23-2016, 09:51 AM
I was a proponent of giving RG3 a shot. And I wish Elway and Kubiak would have had the guts to do it rather than go the Sanchez route.

For some reason there was a real disconnect with what a laughingstock dirty was. It's like they didn't want to bring in RG3 because of the chuckles it would create, but they didn't realize Dirty wasn't really any better.

That said, I didn't really want either. Still be surprised if he does anything in Cleveland.

But hey, maybe the Cavs broke the curse.

TonyR
08-23-2016, 09:55 AM
That said, I didn't really want either.

But if you could have either one right now, and have to choose one, which one do you take? For me it's an easy decision. At least one gives you a little bit of hope!

Greatspirits
08-23-2016, 10:00 AM

I was on the fence with RG3 but if healthy he would have been perfect for this offense. He's looking good now but let's see if he can make it through a full season without getting hurt, he seems fragile to me.

DENVERDUI55
08-23-2016, 10:04 AM
If it meant no ****ing sanchize then yes.

BroncoBeavis
08-23-2016, 10:13 AM
But if you could have either one right now, and have to choose one, which one do you take? For me it's an easy decision. At least one gives you a little bit of hope!

Oh if you'd forced me to choose I would've gone RG3 all the way.

Homers were threatening to put me on iggy here after the Sanchez trade.

footstepsfrom#27
08-23-2016, 10:20 AM
There wasn't enough time for Foles to learn the offense when he got released. That said, he might have beat out Prom Date and his cane flask regardless.

TonyR
08-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Oh if you'd forced me to choose I would've gone RG3 all the way.

Homers were threatening to put me on iggy here after the Sanchez trade.

Yeah, I recall you were one of the lead dogs on the anti-Sanchez sled. Looks like you will be correct about that. I certainly didn't expect smashing success but I thought he would work out better than appears he's going to.

strafen
08-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Not at the contract he had, but I would have brought him on a prove it deal over Sanchez and Siemian

Bwhahaha!!!!

DENVERDUI55
08-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I recall you were one of the lead dogs on the anti-Sanchez sled. Looks like you will be correct about that. I certainly didn't expect smashing success but I thought he would work out better than appears he's going to.

Hey don't steal my thunder. I have made a point to be the biggest anti buttfumble. DB4L had a problem with me saying we aren't doing crap with him. He wanted his jersey btw he has disappeared. Probably in jail.

TonyR
08-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Hey don't steal my thunder. I have made a point to be the biggest anti buttfumble. DB4L had a problem with me saying we aren't doing crap with him. He wanted his jersey btw he has disappeared. Probably in jail.

Yeah, lol, I think Beavis stood out to me more because he's usually more positive in style and with Sanchez he was very negative. It appears that with Sanchez pessimists = realists. Which is often/usually the case in life, unfortunately!

Iron Man
08-23-2016, 10:37 AM
I think he's shown that his skill level and decision making aren't better than playing a rookie. There would be no advantage to having him on the roster over the ones we have.

Rabb
08-23-2016, 10:38 AM

Same

socalorado
08-23-2016, 10:41 AM

Until that trick knee goes out in Week 3.

DENVERDUI55
08-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Yeah, lol, I think Beavis stood out to me more because he's usually more positive and style and with Sanchez he was very negative. It appears that with Sanchez pessimists = realists. Which is often/usually the case in life, unfortunately!

Yes I'm a realist not a dreamer. Sanchez is who he has always been. That wasn't going to change here. High turnover QB who makes completely off the wall WTF plays.

BroncoBeavis
08-23-2016, 10:57 AM
Yeah, lol, I think Beavis stood out to me more because he's usually more positive and style and with Sanchez he was very negative. It appears that with Sanchez pessimists = realists. Which is often/usually the case in life, unfortunately!

I thought maybe my funniest moment on the Mane ever was reciting Nietzsche poetry in the Sanchez trade thread.

Don't think it struck anyone else as quite as funny as I thought it was. :)

GaryPupiak
08-23-2016, 11:05 AM
I was all for bringing in Griffin, why not? Could have simply cut his a** if he didn't perform. Elway has been excellent, but Sanchez over Griffin? Really?

Iron Man
08-23-2016, 11:38 AM
I"m VERy glad we didn't sign RGIII. I don't want him around our locker room. Let a team like the Browns deal with that junk.

Irish Stout
08-23-2016, 11:43 AM

Wasn't there word going around about Shanny telling Elway and Kubiak not to go after RGIII?

broncosteven
08-23-2016, 12:01 PM
Again I don't think John brought Sanchez in expecting him to the be the starter. Foles is just as inconsistent, we have 2 good options at QB and one who should be a career backup, we just need to give the young guys some time to learn the speed of play at the NFL level and get some confidence.

Siemian showed he can move the O just as effectively as Dirty. I thought Lynch started very slow against 2nd and 3rd teamers so he is still a ways off but has the upside worth waiting for.

Need Siemian to realize all QB's are going to turn it over. he just needs to turn the page quicker.

IndelibleScribe
08-23-2016, 12:31 PM
No, Foles is not a very good QB. Even when he looked good in Kelly's system he couldn't wait to ship him off for damaged goods in Bradford.

He is a perfect fit for the Chiefs, he's essentially Alex Smith Jr.

TonyR
08-23-2016, 12:56 PM
Wasn't there word going around about Shanny telling Elway and Kubiak not to go after RGIII?

Yes, there definitely was. But then I recall there was also a conflicting report that he was actually endorsing RG3.

Ponyta
08-23-2016, 01:13 PM
You know when I watched him with the Rams I really didn't think he was that bad. He beat the Seahawks in a shootout in the opener. I would definitely have been interested in a cheaper deal but I think he wanted to go the the Chiefs.

Bronco Yoda
08-23-2016, 01:14 PM
I was for RG3

broncocalijohn
08-23-2016, 01:19 PM
If RG3 does well, good chance no one will bring Shanahan in as a head coach.
Love how we can get off of the Foles topic on page 2.

KCStud
08-23-2016, 02:35 PM
You know when I watched him with the Rams I really didn't think he was that bad. He beat the Seahawks in a shootout in the opener. I would definitely have been interested in a cheaper deal but I think he wanted to go the the Chiefs.

5 coaches+Maclin were with him in Philly is why he came to KC.
He's only coming back to lay low his year and then try to get a starting get somewhere next year.

$1.75 million is a steal for him this season.

ZONA
08-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Shoulda coulda woulda thread. Didn't happen, won't happen, no sense in talking about it.

Pontius Pirate
08-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Shoulda coulda woulda thread. Didn't happen, won't happen, no sense in talking about it.

I forgot that the OM is serious business only.

IndelibleScribe
08-23-2016, 03:31 PM

There are things we wish we had done and wish we could do over. There are things we did in fact do that we wish we had never...