PDA

View Full Version : Siemian needs to start against the Rams - even if Sanchez is named the starter

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 08:39 AM
So here's my thoughts on this somewhat unorthodox idea, but hear me out.

Full disclosure, I believe Siemian is the better choice for the Broncos for the season. So I want my bias known to the reader. Sanchez has the experience and I still think there is a better than 60% chance Sanchez is named the starter. However Siemian is more accurate, had more time in the system, seems to have better rapport with all the receivers, especially the backups who he played with last year in practice, and ultimately is more controlled than Sanchez. So I am officially a "Siemian" guy, but it's solely based on play.

I think the staff should play Siemian against the Rams this week, even if they plan to start Sanchez. Here's why:

They NEED to see Simian with a real game plan. This is something they have yet to explore with him.
Siemian needs to face this kind of front seven. The Rams are a brutal defense - the exact kind of pressure that Siemian will need to face if he's the starter. Seeing how he does against that kind of front is important in determining his viability as a starter.
Siemian needs to play more than a quarter. Saturday he made a mistake and turtled. It was like he didn't want to take any more chances and risk losing his starting position. Giving him the whole game means even if he's sucking, he'll have to sack up and dig out of it. Outside of a complete implossion, he will have to keep going out there and making mistakes, and as he makes them, slowly get better.
Even if he fails horribly, it will be good for him and for the team to know that now. Siemian is unknown. The more we know, the more informed the choices will be. If he can't hack it, it's better to find that out in a preseason game than one where the points count.
The reps would be wasted on Sanchez. Shanchez is a known commodity and isn't improving by any significant margin. Having him start would do little. Even if he plays good-ish, it adds nothing to the team and wouldn't help. If Siemian completely falls apart, you can use next week to prepare the starters with Sanchez at QB. He's played long enough in this league that he doesn't need one preseason game.
Even if they are planning on Sanchez starting, it would keep him from getting killed. If he's going to be the starter all along, no reason to risk him.
Finally, it will create some ambiguity about who the opening day starter is going to be. This will force the Panthers to have to prepare for both. It might not matter since both are mediocre, but it would provide a slight edge.

Ultimately, I feel like they need Siemian to start this game - even if they have no intention of him starting against the Panthers. I still think Sanchez gets the Panthers. I don't know if he'll stay the starter, but for the Panthers game at least, I think Sanchez is more likely to get the nod.

So let's use this last game to see how Siemian does; On the road, with a real game plan, against a tough defense and with three quarters to let him squirm out there. We need to know and this will be the best chance to know.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 08:45 AM
Or we can watch Sanchez put the nails in his own coffin...

Bronc0guy
08-22-2016, 08:49 AM
I would agree with most if not all of this. Sanchez doesn't really NEED the reps, while Siemien certainly does. Really wouldn't mind seeing what Lynch could do against that starting D but it seems pretty clear at this point that they aren't going to start him to begin the year, even if he said he still thinks he's in the running.

Tombstone RJ
08-22-2016, 08:56 AM
I'm good with either Siemian or Lynch starting against the Rams. Either one. It's up to Kubiak to make that tough call.

ludo21
08-22-2016, 09:05 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me.

If Siemien turtles, we know what we got and Sanchez can be the guy and once he sucks we can go to Lynch

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 09:06 AM
I'm good with either Siemian or Lynch starting against the Rams. Either one. It's up to Kubiak to make that tough call.

Do you mean Siemian or Sanchez?

winstoncup bronco
08-22-2016, 09:07 AM
I'm not opposed to putting Lynch in there, but Siemian should be starting. Either of those guys cannot possibly be any worse with the football than Sanchez, and even if they are, they can be coached out of it. Sanchez is what he is, a turnover machine that can knife you at any moment. If they keep him at all, he should be 3rd string in a worst case scenario role. I don't care how many starts he has, Siemian and Lynch can do a better job protecting the ball.

And I have no problem with Siemian being a Captain Checkdown for now. He's in his 2nd year, not a vet like Alex Smith. If he can move the chains, and the running game can be decent, that's all we need for now. When he gets more comfortable, then they can open up more of the playbook. As long as he doesn't turn the ****ing ball over every ****ing game, he should be starting.

OABB
08-22-2016, 09:10 AM
I'm for siemien too. As of now.

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Where are people getting Lynch starting from? That's not going to happen. Probably for several months at least outside of an injury. Why are we even discussing this? It's like saying Adam Gotsis should be the starting defense end. It's complete nonsense.

Archer81
08-22-2016, 09:13 AM
I would say that if there is no separation between the three...go with the rookie. Get his learning out of the way now. If Sanchez and Siemian are 1a/1b...go with Trevor. He's been in this offense longer.

:Broncos:

Tombstone RJ
08-22-2016, 09:17 AM
Do you mean Siemian or Sanchez?

No, I mean Siemian or Lynch. We already know what Sanchez brings to the table. But Lynch has yet to take snaps with the first team. In other words, I'm going to be really disappointed in Kubiak if he starts Sanchez against the Rams.

winstoncup bronco
08-22-2016, 09:21 AM
Where are people getting Lynch starting from? That's not going to happen. Probably for several months at least outside of an injury. Why are we even discussing this? It's like saying Adam Gotsis should be the starting defense end. It's complete nonsense.

Because Sanchez is a complete liability out there? This notion that Lynch cannot start at all costs is what's nonsense. I'm not saying he should be the starter, unless he truly is the better option over Siemian. I am completely disregarding Sanchez as he has no business taking first string snaps on an NFL field.

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 09:21 AM
No, I mean Siemian or Lynch. We already know what Sanchez brings to the table. But Lynch has yet to take snaps with the first team. In other words, I'm going to be really disappointed in Kubiak if he starts Sanchez against the Rams.

Sanchez is better than Lynch right now. That's a fact. If we start Lynch we would be basically mailing in the season. He's not going to do that do the vets on the team. He's struggling taking snaps under center and would have to play in the shotgun. Having him take snaps from a new center throwing to receivers he hasn't been able to built a rapport with while still struggling with his reads from under center would be the worst thing we could do.

Brohemoth
08-22-2016, 09:25 AM

Because Paxton has the best arm, the best mobility, the best improvisation, and a fiery attitude that his teammates love.

The fans are already boo'ing Sanchez and it's only preseason. I'm rooting for Siemian but he responded terribly after the pick. Can't have a QB rattled so easily.

With game experience, who knows what Paxton could become by week 8, 10, etc. when we (hopefully) are primed for the playoffs and need a playmaker at QB.

ICON
08-22-2016, 09:27 AM
I agree with a lot of what Kaylore is saying in his original post but regardless I'm rooting for either one of those quarterbacks Siemian or Sanchez logic tells me Lynch will be starting by game 7 anyways.

go_broncos
08-22-2016, 09:28 AM

I agree.

Punisher
08-22-2016, 09:28 AM
**** Seamen and Buttfumble give Lynch the start

Hercules Rockefeller
08-22-2016, 09:29 AM
No, he does not need to start if they've named Sanchez the starter. If the Broncos decided to name MS the starter, then they've considered every reason you give for starting TS, and decided that it doesn't matter what he shows/doesn't show, he's still not going to start.

jmz313
08-22-2016, 09:30 AM
I like the idea and want to agree.

That said, the team needs that week 1 audition that the 1st half or the 3rd preseason game generally is used for. That would mean its sanchez if sanchez is the #1.

I also prefer Siemian but, if he hasn't won the job by this week's 1st practice then he's the backup and gotta be given only those standard reps.

Broncojef
08-22-2016, 09:30 AM
I don't know how Sanchez isn't cut after his last performance he played terrible and showed more nerves than the younger guys. If we have him for a stabilizing veteran presence I think that idea is shot.

v2micca
08-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Don't want Lynch in against the Ram's first team defensive line with out O-line being a huge unknown commodity right now. This Kid is potentially our future. You don't slather your future in steak juice an throw it to the wolves in a meaningless preseason game.

69bronco
08-22-2016, 09:34 AM
i want lynch.

SoCalBronco
08-22-2016, 09:34 AM
Agreed. Very good reasoning, Khan.

There will be struggles, force him to overcome them.

Requiem
08-22-2016, 09:35 AM
Nowhere in your post did I see a plan to have Robert Quinn or Aaron Donald be kidnapped and made a part of our team during half-time.

That's the kind of long-term solution we need to be talking about on the OM.

HorseHead
08-22-2016, 09:35 AM
The guy (Trevor) throws one pick, and people are done with him. Jesus. Maybe I'm blind, but I think he ends up starting, and once gets his feet wet, plays pretty well. I think he'll surprise some people. Of course, I have nothing to back this up, it could be the meds kicking in.

Requiem
08-22-2016, 09:40 AM
FWIW, Kubiak fell on the sword and blamed himself for Trevor's pick-six, saying he should have came up with a better play call.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 09:40 AM

Looking at our other options, it's really silly to dismiss the topic. You're usually more levelheaded than this.

Punisher
08-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Don't want Lynch in against the Ram's first team defensive line with out O-line being a huge unknown commodity right now. This Kid is potentially our future. You don't slather your future in steak juice an throw it to the wolves in a meaningless preseason game.

Man **** this **** start me I got this

Tombstone RJ
08-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Sanchez is better than Lynch right now. That's a fact. If we start Lynch we would be basically mailing in the season. He's not going to do that do the vets on the team. He's struggling taking snaps under center and would have to play in the shotgun. Having him take snaps from a new center throwing to receivers he hasn't been able to built a rapport with while still struggling with his reads from under center would be the worst thing we could do.

Meh, it's the third preseason game, it's a litmus test for the team. I'm hoping Siemian gets the start because I'd like to take time with Lynch. But the fact is, we simply don't know how Lynch will look with a game plan and the ones. Why not find out now, before the season starts? I really don't see the point in starting Sanchez, but there's valid reasons to start either Siemian or even Lynch.

wolf754life
08-22-2016, 09:55 AM
"Finally, it will create some ambiguity about who the opening day starter is going to be. This will force the Panthers to have to prepare for both. It might not matter since both are mediocre, but it would provide a slight edge."

or just play zone coverage....

lol

ScottXray
08-22-2016, 09:58 AM
I agree that Seimian needs to get this start. In fact, I think that the competition is OVER. Sanchez was so horrible that I don't know why he will even be retained after the August 30 cuts, other than we are going to have 3 QBs on the roster this year, no matter what.

As far as him starting, that would be a huge mistake and would give me reason to think the coaching staff has to be blind. Along with Schofield playing tackle.

Lynch is the BEST QB on the roster , but he also is NOT ready yet. He is staring down his receivers ( or at least his head is always directed at the primary) and he still needs time. Of course the third team guys he is playing with are going to be selling crap in retail stores for the most part in 1-2 weeks.

Seimian needs to be named the starter and Kubes needs to give him support
instead the coat hook treatment. He should name him the starter and let him play three quarters this upcoming game. Give Lynch the fourth. Sanchez doesn't need snaps..he needs a miracle and brain transplant.
I agree with the OP.

titan
08-22-2016, 10:03 AM
Lynch, like many rookies, tends to hold on to the ball too long in the pocket. Long term I like him but he shouldn't be starting week 1. Carolina's pass rush would feast on Lynch.

I'm for giving Siemian playing time with the 1's this week. Put some longer passes in the game plan to see if he can execute those.

Br0nc0Buster
08-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Siemian didn't do anything to "earn" the job, but Sanchez did everything he could to lose it

The offense was moving with Trevor, and he fits the system well
He did tighten up after the pick, so but did Sanchez

Sanchez followed his fumble up with another one

Trevor just seems like the much safer option

fontaine
08-22-2016, 10:12 AM
Sanchez is better than Lynch right now. That's a fact.

According to who?

Lynch does a better job sensing pressure, is more poised in the pocket, and has shown confidence in actually threading the needle as opposed to butt fumble.

Not to mention Lynch single handedly created that first TD because of his threat to run with the ball which caused the defender to come account for him and freed up the TE.

Lynch is already:

1. Calling plays from the huddle.
2. Dropping back from center smoothly and quickly.
3. Evades and escapes the pressure better than both other QBs.
4. Is far superior in executed boots and rollouts.

Not to mention the reaction he gets from team mates. When Sanchez was clearly butt fumbling his way out of the starting job I barely saw a single team mate lift him up off the ground, or pat him in the back on the field.

With Lynch it's the opposite.

I'm not saying Lynch should start, but to say a Sanchez who clearly looks flustered, under pressure, has committed three turnovers in three/four drives is the much better QB is just unfounded.

MileHighMagic
Trevor's pick was ugly for sure, but I didn't see him being all that rattled. I think he's like Eli Manning as far as personality. He's the calm, cool cat when he's playing well or has no fire and passion when he struggles. People are so fickle. Siemian has put in good work for over a year now, one awful decision won't hurt him that badly. Sanchez was so bad, Trevor just won the job despite his horrible pick-six, imo.

ColoradoDarin
While he didn't really respond well after the pick 6, he might have if he was given another drive. So I'd like to see Siemian start this week as well. The only thing I'll disagree with is that I think Sanchez does need the reps...but we shouldn't give them to him.

fontaine
08-22-2016, 10:17 AM
At this point it doesn't matter what Kubiak thinks.

All you have to do is watch the rest of the team and how they treated Sanchez when he was struggling. No one had his back, no one was helping him up off the ground etc.

They can smell the stink of failure and the stink is strong with butt fumble. The team has already decided who they want to start.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 10:17 AM
I do agree with the notion that whoever the starter is they need to not be looking over their shoulder. That's just not conducive to good QB play.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 10:22 AM
At this point it doesn't matter what Kubiak thinks.

All you have to do is watch the rest of the team and how they treated Sanchez when he was struggling. No one had his back, no one was helping him up off the ground etc.

They can smell the stink of failure and the stink is strong with butt fumble. The team has already decided who they want to start.

I fully expected the team to turn on him after his retard kneel-down in camp. These guys don't want this joker to be the QB any more than the fans do.

Gcver2ver3
08-22-2016, 10:23 AM

my thoughts exactly...

TerrElway
08-22-2016, 10:24 AM
I'm kind of with Archer here.

RGIII, Russell Wilson, Rapistberger (2004), Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck (2008) all had pretty damn good rookie seasons. 3 Rookies started at QB and led their teams to the playoffs in 2013.

I found the following Seattle Times article that should challenge the "traditional" thinking:

Used to be quarterbacks started their NFL careers as understudies.

This year, three of them will be starting playoff games.

That fact speaks to not only the quality of the quarterback crop this year, but to a new NFL reality: Rookie quarterbacks don’t mean a team is rebuilding.

That was the rule of thumb, anyway. Troy Aikman lost all 11 games he started as a rookie for Dallas in 1989. Peyton Manning didn’t win his first until his fifth start nearly 10 years later.

But this year three of the 12 starting quarterbacks in the playoffs are in their first season: Indianapolis’ Andrew Luck, Washington’s Robert Griffin III and Seattle’s Russell Wilson.

Before this season, there had been only 11 rookie quarterbacks to start an NFL playoff game in the past 30 years. Only eight of those quarterbacks posted a winning record as a starter in the regular season.

“We have three this year,” said Washington coach Mike Shanahan. “That is quite unusual. I think it has something to do with colleges preparing these guys better for the pro game a lot more.”

Or is it that the pro game is more accommodating of young quarterbacks now, tailoring their offenses to suit the players’ skill set as opposed to letting the rookie wait, watch and learn the team’s playbook.

That used to be the protocol. Carson Palmer spent his first year as a backup in Cincinnati. San Diego’s Philip Rivers — part of a quarterback class considered among the best in NFL history — waited two years to start his first game. Even the great Dan Marino didn’t start Week 1 of his rookie season.

Now NFL teams like Seattle and Washington are mixing in quarterback option runs in their offense, following the cues from Carolina’s success with Cam Newton a year ago.

The result has been more immediate payoffs for teams that cast their lot with a rookie under center. In that regard, 2008 stands as a watershed moment as Baltimore’s Joe Flacco and Atlanta’s Matt Ryan became the first two NFL rookies to start playoff games the same year.

“They hit it quickly,” Seattle coach Pete Carroll said of that pair, “and hit it well and won quite a few games with their teams. I thought that was kind of a statement, that young guys can get in here.”

In the previous eight seasons, three different rookie quarterbacks have started in a conference championship. Could this be the year one reaches the Super Bowl?

That wouldn’t shock anyone as much as it would have 10 years ago when most NFL quarterbacks began their rookie seasons as an understudy.

“You don’t have to wait years and years for those guys to show up and be a big factor, obviously,” Carroll said. “We’ll see how that goes. Maybe this is just the class of classes too.”

Three different rookies have started a playoff victory over the previous four seasons, and one is guaranteed to accomplish the feat Sunday when Griffin and Wilson face off.

It will be only the second time that two rookie quarterbacks have started opposite one another in a playoff game, but judging by recent history, it’s unlikely to be the last.

That article was from 2013.

So why not throw Lynch in there? If Kubiak is such a ****ing QB-whisperer, then why can't he whisper up a rookie? If you are going to "waste" a season with one of the other QB's, then why not "waste" it developing Lynch? Then it isn't a complete waste.

Take all of Khan's arguments for starting Seimian against the Rams and replace his name with Lynch's and it still makes sense.

Full disclosure, I stated a few weeks ago that I thought Sanchez could/would resurrect his career in Denver and be the starter and have a solid year. I'm not really so sure about that anymore.

55CrushEm
08-22-2016, 10:32 AM
I think Sanchez does need the reps...but we shouldn't give them to him.

Hilarious!

ColoradoDarin
08-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Luck and Wilson both ran pro style offenses in college, RG3 didn't, but they changed the offense for him. Lynch fits Kubes system, but needs time in it. He doesn't need to ingrain bad habit because he's running for his life on every play.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2016, 10:38 AM

It is a preseason game. Starting Lynch doesn't mean he starts vs Panthers. It gives the coaches an idea if he can handle starting a game if he needs to once the season starts and we suck eggs at QB.

Powderaddict
08-22-2016, 10:48 AM
I don't think Lynch is ready, but I don't think Siemian is either.

I saw Siemian staring down receivers. I saw him playing it extremely safe against a pretty basic defense. To me he looks every bit as raw and unready as Lynch.

I did see Lynch make some prettier passes downfield than Siemian, and saw him use his feet to create when the pocket fell apart.

I'd like to see Lynch play against a top defense. I just don't see Siemian being all that much more ready and polished than Lynch.

Sanchez is just a giant waste of everyone's time.

Nothing teaches the game better than real game experience. I don't see Siemian as being far enough ahead of Lynch to take away that valuable game experience away from Lynch.

Get Lynch in there, and start getting him ready to be a NFL qb. Get him as much experience as possible, hopefully when the playoffs roll around that experience will have him more prepared for what he will be facing.

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Looking at our other options, it's really silly to dismiss the topic. You're usually more levelheaded than this.

Yeah it's really silly to dismiss that the clear number 3 the entire preseason and camp, who can't even play under center yet, and who would be unable to run the offense if he were inserted, shouldn't be considered at all at this point as the starter against Panthers in week 1, a team that feasted on turnovers, won their conference handily and was 15-1 last year.

No, apparently I'M the one not being level-headed. The sensible approach would be to send the worst, least ready QB to open the season and possibly ruin his confidence and development. I mean it's not like we have anything invested in this kid. Yeah, that's the "logical" approach.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/durr.gif

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 10:56 AM
It is a preseason game. Starting Lynch doesn't mean he starts vs Panthers. It gives the coaches an idea if he can handle starting a game if he needs to once the season starts and we suck eggs at QB.

No. That's worse because he doesn't even have a complete grasp of the playbook. They resorted to the same old shotgun stuff at the end of the Niners game just so he could have time to read the defense and throw. He cannot run the offense, meaning the game is too fast for him to line up under center, drop back or play action, read the defense and make a throw. He's still learning to process where defenders are from under center, or after he's turned his back to them. There would be very little gleaned from letting him play with the ones.

ScottXray
08-22-2016, 10:57 AM
I'll say one more thing . This is the 3rd PS game and that has typically been the warm up for the starters. Usually only the bubble guys, and others that are 2nd and third string play in the 4th game. But our starters have taken most of the preseason games off.

Von, Ware, Talib, Harris etc., the O line, and most of the starters have not done much game work at all. If they play the first half this week it will be the most work they have done TOGETHER in game type conditions. I think they NEED that work. And I also think that they will need more work before the season is starting for real.

So Siemian can get the start this week and we can learn what HE can do. And in the 4th game they could start Lynch , with the #1s for at least a quarter and see what HE has for real. Its an Away game against AZ, so its not going to be that easy anyway. AZ is supposed to be a good team again this year....
The 4th game doesn't necessarily have to be a throwaway game. Let Lynch start with the first team ( they likely need the work anyway) and after a half or so, then put Sanchez in with the scrubs to see if he can play well enough to be the emergency QB. My bet is he won't.

KapriBibbs4prez
08-22-2016, 10:59 AM

Finally someone says what I've been noticing. The only pass plays(from UC) Broncos run with Lynch are bootlegs. 24 Throws last game, 20 of them out of shotgun formation. I know at least 3 of the other throws came off bootlegs. Maybe only a few plays where they asked him to drop back from UC and throw. I don't think he got a pass off when the Broncos tried. He's not ready.

I'm more of a Sanchez guy at least to start the season. In theory I'd like Sanchez to move 20-20 and then use Pax in the red zone but I know that's highly unlikely to work or even be tried.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 11:02 AM
Cute picture Kaylore. It suits you and your take on this subject. I'm not arguing Lynch should be the starter by the way. The two ahead of him have been making that argument. Especially Sanchez. Eight years in and that guy is still not NFL-ready.

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Cute picture Kaylore. It suits you and your take on this subject. I'm not arguing Lynch should be the starter by the way. The two ahead of him have been making that argument. Especially Sanchez. Eight years in and that guy is still not NFL-ready.

We agree on that. Lynch was never a part of my OP. He's a distant third. The argument should be between Sanchez and Siemian. My preference is for the latter, but I suspect the coaching staff will elect for the former even though I believe he'll play into the Panther's hands in the worst way because they'll feast on his worst issues. I also believe it's a waste time trying to develop someone who isn't going to get better. And I think they would be picking him out of fear rather than logic.

Somehow the discussion turned into "I like Lynch! He should be seriously considered to start!"

No.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2016, 11:12 AM
No. That's worse because he doesn't even have a complete grasp of the playbook. They resorted to the same old shotgun stuff at the end of the Niners game just so he could have time to read the defense and throw. He cannot run the offense, meaning the game is too fast for him to line up under center, drop back or play action, read the defense and make a throw. He's still learning to process where defenders are from under center, or after he's turned his back to them. There would be very little gleaned from letting him play with the ones.

For the most part, I agree and if you seen the ColdcockCity thread, I want him to learn from being a back up. He needs weeks of learning the playbook and reading defenses correctly. Him starting the preseason game doesn't mean he needs the whole playbook. He might be in for a quarter, 2 series or whatever the coaches decide but he would be very limited in actual field duty. We are going to see Sanchez or Siemian at QB to start the season. If coaches are still set on those 2 starting, most likely, one is starting this week vs. Rams.

CHEF LUIGI
08-22-2016, 11:35 AM
Because Paxton has the best arm, the best mobility, the best improvisation, and a fiery attitude that his teammates love.

The fans are already boo'ing Sanchez and it's only preseason. I'm rooting for Siemian but he responded terribly after the pick. Can't have a QB rattled so easily.

With game experience, who knows what Paxton could become by week 8, 10, etc. when we (hopefully) are primed for the playoffs and need a playmaker at QB.

I like this post, but I agree more with the OP !
JFE and GFK are closer to the situation and better equipped to deal with the juggle than ANY of US !
I trust their judgement !
KUBES will consider all these scenarios mentioned and HE will have the right Idea !
I look forward to his choice to start this game and EVERY game !

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 11:36 AM
the ColdcockCity thread

https://media.giphy.com/media/m0gd0jMjQ53YQ/giphy.gif

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 11:43 AM
We agree on that. Lynch was never a part of my OP. He's a distant third. The argument should be between Sanchez and Siemian. My preference is for the latter, but I suspect the coaching staff will elect for the former even though I believe he'll play into the Panther's hands in the worst way because they'll feast on his worst issues. I also believe it's a waste time trying to develop someone who isn't going to get better. And I think they would be picking him out of fear rather than logic.

Somehow the discussion turned into "I like Lynch! He should be seriously considered to start!"

No.

So let me get this straight. You thought you could start a QB-related thread and that Lynch would be left out of it? And you think Lynch is a "distant" third to these two, meaning he's arguably one of the worst rookie 1st rounders ever? Okay then, no point in arguing with that...

MamaMia
08-22-2016, 11:45 AM
You guys are so predictable.. letting your emotions dictate your thought processes like a bunch of 12 year old girls. Thankfully, Elway and Kubiak are the anti-you.

Until the pick-6, Siemian was doing great. He wasn't Tom Brady or Drew Brees, but he was certainly adequate for what we need at QB. Then one bad pass and all of a sudden he can't read zone coverage? All of a sudden he stinks?

"Oh, but, he crumbled after that and couldn't get it together the rest of the game."

Geniuses... do you realize that he only threw two passes after that? One was on the money but dropped.

I know it's embarrassing losing to SF even in a preseason game, and you're all freaking out right now, but reaching for an undeveloped, NOT READY Lynch is a panic move on your part. It's like you're down 300 on the blackjack table and you throw down 300 to get it back immediately because you don't have the stomach for the slow game.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the slow game. It's not always going to be pretty, it's a work in progress with positives here and negatives there, but this is what your 2016 Denver Broncos season is going to be all about. One game at a time. Nothing is a given, success is not guaranteed.

Lynch is not your savior. From here on out it's the Siemian Show. So gather up your testicles and try not to lose them next time something doesn't go exactly our way.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2016, 11:46 AM
For the sake of others here, I hope Luigi isn't suggesting a Lynch funeral scenario.

Bronc0guy
08-22-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm for siemien too. As of now.

Think I'm slowly starting to lean that way.

CHEF LUIGI
08-22-2016, 11:47 AM
seimian did indeed "turtle" after his INT, but his opening drive was a thing of beauty !
... and we dint even feature our run game!

SANchez is NOT our answer at QB !
JMHO, his presence on the team just takes away practice from the real contenders, seimian and lynch.
Sanchez should start a bakery that features turnovers.

bpc
08-22-2016, 11:48 AM
I have 100% faith Kubiak will make the right call. It's a messy situation and it may be a bumpy ride up front but I have faith our guys are going to use this year effectively to guide the franchise towards more success.

CHEF LUIGI
08-22-2016, 11:58 AM
I have 100% faith Kubiak will make the right call. It's a messy situation and it may be a bumpy ride up front but I have faith our guys are going to use this year effectively to guide the franchise towards more success.

BINGO !
kubiak will do the right thing.
I don't think he will waste any more time with sanchez.

WoodMan
08-22-2016, 12:27 PM
**** Seamen and Buttfumble give Lynch the start

This. The future begins now

DENVERDUI55
08-22-2016, 12:28 PM
"Finally, it will create some ambiguity about who the opening day starter is going to be. This will force the Panthers to have to prepare for both. It might not matter since both are mediocre, but it would provide a slight edge."

or just play zone coverage....

lol

You really think the Panthers need to really study the broncos and come up with a gameplan for all three QB's? They are all pretty easy to plan for at this point. Attack the garbage OL and force them into mistakes which they have all shown to be pretty good at doing.

I'm all for starting Siemian too Kahn. Anything to keep buttfumble off the field. I cannot stand the guy and have hated the signing from day 1.

maggnus
08-22-2016, 12:37 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Small sample size, but I'd take Siemian over Sanchez. Still a project, but a smooth, easy passer. Can throw on the move. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a></p>&mdash; Marc Sessler (@MarcSesslerNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcSesslerNFL/status/767759505631289344">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TerrElway
08-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Well, to be fair, this fan base hasn't seen a Bronco QB throw a pick six since...oh wait. Never mind.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZuDJEq1v6v8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CHEF LUIGI
08-22-2016, 12:43 PM
For the sake of others here, I hope Luigi isn't suggesting a Lynch funeral scenario.

Sanchez can bury his bronco jersey.
this is the only funeral plans that I am predicting.

LYNCH and SEIMIAN will be broncos for years. Sanchez may not last until September.

"SANCHEZ SHOULD START"
this phrase is only rational when followed by ...

"... A BAKERY, featuring turnovers."
cut sanchez now, he is just a speedbump in the development of your REAL QBs !

Drunk Monkey
08-22-2016, 12:47 PM
Think I'm slowly starting to lean that way.

Same here, butt fumble lost me with his last performance. Not that I am thrilled with what Siemian trotted out there. I am all around unhappy with our options at this point.

TotallyScrewed
08-22-2016, 12:50 PM
No, he does not need to start if they've named Sanchez the starter. If the Broncos decided to name MS the starter, then they've considered every reason you give for starting TS, and decided that it doesn't matter what he shows/doesn't show, he's still not going to start.

And conversely to what Kaylore says, if MS starts against PS#3, the Panthers will likely not waste time preparing for Siemian and therefore he will have an edge when he comes in to save the game.

Tombstone RJ
08-22-2016, 12:53 PM

No.

I thought we were talking about the Rams preseason game? No on is saying start Lynch against the panthers. Start Siemian, or even Lynch, against the Rams. If Siemian starts then Lynch should start and perhaps play the entire preseason game against Arizona.

TotallyScrewed
08-22-2016, 12:56 PM
The guy (Trevor) throws one pick, and people are done with him. Jesus. Maybe I'm blind, but I think he ends up starting, and once gets his feet wet, plays pretty well. I think he'll surprise some people. Of course, I have nothing to back this up, it could be the meds kicking in.

I thought he played well. He didn't "get rattled" by an unblocked lineman in his face and completed the pass for a first down. He throws an accurate ball that aside from that pick, makes it tough for the defender. And while that was a easy pick, I think Siemian will learn from it. Right now, if his first read is open, he throws clean and accurate. If his first read isn't open, it's problematic. He needs to not lock on and work the progression. These are problems that are solved by experience.

MamaMia
08-22-2016, 12:56 PM
I thought we were talking about the Rams preseason game? No on is saying start Lynch against the panthers. Start Siemian, or even Lynch, against the Rams. If Siemian starts then Lynch should start and perhaps play the entire preseason game against Arizona.

If you don't think that Lynch should start against the Rams, and we all agree that Sanchez is garbage, then why on earth wouldn't you want to get Siemian as many reps as possible against St. Louis? Lynch should play the fourth quarter against STL and then play the entire game to close out the preseason.

Ironlung
08-22-2016, 01:02 PM
L0L @ "struggling to take snaps under center."

WoodMan
08-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Disagree with the Op that Siemian needs to start this week. Personally I think that Lynch should be named starting QB for the Denver Broncos last week. He is the future, why waste time? Not ready yet? Speed of the game? Doesn't know the playbook? Only one way in my book to master those things and that is to play! No, PFL needs to start the game with the ones this week. Siemian is not going to do any better to begin this year than PFL, but PFL will finish it alot better than Siemian if he is Kubes choice.

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Disagree with the Op that Siemian needs to start this week. Personally I think that Lynch should be named starting QB for the Denver Broncos last week. He is the future, why waste time? Not ready yet? Speed of the game? Doesn't know the playbook? Only one way in my book to master those things and that is to play! No, PFL needs to start the game with the ones this week. Siemian is not going to do any better to begin this year than PFL, but PFL will finish it alot better than Siemian if he is Kubes choice.

I just think Kubes wants to get back to his system and Siemen will present the quickest opportunity for that.

Gutless Drunk
08-22-2016, 01:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> coach Gary Kubiak said Trevor Siemian will start Saturday vs. Rams.</p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/767803479922356224">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Gutless Drunk
08-22-2016, 01:21 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak said the 3 QBs &quot;are all going to play an equal amount.&quot;</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767803829203050496">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Irish Stout
08-22-2016, 01:22 PM
So Kaylore is the correct. Trevor (I refuse to type his last name anymore as I hate it) will start. Excellent. I hope they install the Kubiak offense this week rather than giving the QBs so many passes.

Should the thread title be changed or a new thread be posted or something? You know, to keep people from wondering who is actually starting?

Gutless Drunk
08-22-2016, 01:22 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> Gary Kubiak will not commit to which QB will be no2 - says that decision is later this week</p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/767803896206987264">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak: Lynch &quot;finished extremely strong&quot; after a slow start.</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767803915026862080">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Gutless Drunk
08-22-2016, 01:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak says &quot;I'm gonna make a decision next week.&quot; on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> starting QB for regular season</p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/767804136913932288">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

The.Underdog
08-22-2016, 01:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> coach Gary Kubiak said Trevor Siemian will start Saturday vs. Rams.</p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/767803479922356224">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Oh god damn. Love the ballsy move by Kubiak.

Sanchez cant be trusted, some of the things he does are just a joke. double fumbles? Cmon man!

Irish Stout
08-22-2016, 01:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak: &quot;All the QBs are going to play an equal amount. I haven't decided who will go in second yet.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ryan Koenigsberg (@RyanKoenigsberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanKoenigsberg/status/767803886174244864">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

This is more telling than anything. Put Paxton in 2!!!!

Gutless Drunk
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak said he doesn't envision a scenario in which he'd have to play all 3 QBs in the preseason finale at Arizona.</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767804386324074497">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> Kubiak &quot;No [ Siemian is not in the lead ] -- we still move on with our competition.&quot;</p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/767804541169348608">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

The.Underdog
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> Gary Kubiak will not commit to which QB will be no2 - says that decision is later this week</p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/767803896206987264">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak: Lynch &quot;finished extremely strong&quot; after a slow start.</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767803915026862080">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Wow do we see Sanchez cut if hes the no 3? Can't really be paying the third string 5 mil.

Gutless Drunk
08-22-2016, 01:25 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> Kubiak says Paxton playing with the 1s depends on how much he's going to play the other starters.</p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/767804867431636992">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

broncocalijohn
08-22-2016, 01:29 PM

So now people are going to wonder if he already decided #2 or that Siemian already has #1 locked up (or is Sanchez?). Interesting speak and more guessing for the peanut gallery. OMANE should be fun this week.

Gutless Drunk
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Broncos aiming for Ty Sambrailo to return for Week 1. &quot;I think we're getting close.&quot;</p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/767805642522230784">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

maggnus
Wow that's awesome news!

Gutless Drunk
08-22-2016, 01:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak: Sambrailo &quot;has the ability to come back and play real quick,&quot; but team is gaining confidence in Weems' play.</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767805905173753856">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

TonyR
08-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Gary Kubiak said Trevor Siemian will start against the Rams Saturday. Said Siemian has a sore shoulder from attempted tackle on interception. Said all three quarterbacks will play equally against the Rams. Kubiak added "It's down to the nitty gritty ... I'm going to make a decision next week."

--Jeff Legwold

Requiem
08-22-2016, 01:31 PM
That means they are amputating his arm tomorrow.

Gutless Drunk
08-22-2016, 01:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak was &quot;really excited&quot; about how Weems had played. Said that Connor McGovern &quot;played better&quot; vs. the 49ers.</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767805697882861568">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak on Virgil Green: &quot;Virgil has done a really good job.&quot; Virgil &quot;just keeps plugging and making plays.&quot;</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767805809740746752">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Br0nc0Buster
08-22-2016, 01:32 PM
http://media0.giphy.com/media/wTzPSxZBqSove/giphy.gif

Give Trevor reps with the ones and call plays similar to how we would in the regular season
Bump Lynch up to 2 and give him reps with the 2nd team

Let Sanchez get the rest of the scraps
We don't need to see anymore of him

maggnus
08-22-2016, 01:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak wouldn't say it, but seems fairly apparent. This is Siemian's gig right now. He's gotta play well Saturday though.</p>&mdash; Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/767806797939736577">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting that Kubiak didn't commit to Sanchez as the No. 2 QB against the Rams. Could be Lynch. Sanchez was right he squandered the job.</p>&mdash; Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/767807289906429953">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Irish Stout
08-22-2016, 01:36 PM
People calling for Sanchez to get cut are nuts. We're not going into the season without one actual NFL QB veteran on the roster. Trevor is practically a rookie who has had quadruple the study time.

Gcver2ver3
08-22-2016, 01:37 PM
even though Kubiak says no one has the lead, it feels like Siemian has the lead and unless he self destructs against the Rams will be opening day starter...

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-22-2016, 01:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak was &quot;really excited&quot; about how Weems had played. Said that Connor McGovern &quot;played better&quot; vs. the 49ers.</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767805697882861568">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kubiak on Virgil Green: &quot;Virgil has done a really good job.&quot; Virgil &quot;just keeps plugging and making plays.&quot;</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/status/767805809740746752">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

I like how Green is coming along. Quietly having a great preaseason

Gutless Drunk
08-22-2016, 01:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Maybe bigger news than Siemian starting vs. Rams is Kubiak leaving door open for Paxton Lynch to be QB2. The rook's movin' up.</p>&mdash; Paul Klee (@bypaulklee) <a href="https://twitter.com/bypaulklee/status/767808134261805056">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Requiem
08-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Nobody knows about our secret weapon at tight end Vern Gerbert!

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Oh god damn. Love the ballsy move by Kubiak.

Sanchez cant be trusted, some of the things he does are just a joke. double fumbles? Cmon man!

Not going with the turnover machine = ballsy move now? This place is nuts...

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 01:45 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Maybe bigger news than Siemian starting vs. Rams is Kubiak leaving door open for Paxton Lynch to be QB2. The rook's movin' up.</p>&mdash; Paul Klee (@bypaulklee) <a href="https://twitter.com/bypaulklee/status/767808134261805056">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

But Kaylore said Lynch is way behind Sanchez. It's all so confusing...

Requiem
08-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Anyone who thought Tebow was GOAT can't criticize other people's thoughts on the Broncos ambiguous QB situation.

Actually, shoot, I can't remember if Agamemnon was pro-Teebs or sportin' for Orton.

Powderaddict
08-22-2016, 01:48 PM

I remember one poster banging the "Manning will not win the Superbowl" drum over and over all season long last season.

Who was that, do you remember?

Requiem
08-22-2016, 01:49 PM
I remember one poster banging the "Manning will not win the Superbowl" drum over and over all season long last season.

http://www.hellenism.net/images/agamemnon.jpg

fontaine
08-22-2016, 01:55 PM
People calling for Sanchez to get cut are nuts. We're not going into the season without one actual NFL QB veteran on the roster. Trevor is practically a rookie who has had quadruple the study time.

I would rather have Ponder than Sanchez.

At least with Ponder you have:

1st read - if not open then scramble.

With Sanchez it's

1st read - if not open then choke.

fontaine
08-22-2016, 01:56 PM

Hilarious!

Drunk Monkey
08-22-2016, 01:59 PM

http://moviecitynews.com/archived/specials/2004/images/troy/agamemnon.jpg

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 02:03 PM

http://media3.giphy.com/media/62PP2yEIAZF6g/giphy.gif

Irish Stout
08-22-2016, 02:05 PM
I would rather have Ponder than Sanchez.

At least with Ponder you have:

1st read - if not open then scramble.

With Sanchez it's

1st read - if not open then choke.

Well it won't be Ponder, unless you think the 49ers will cut him. Hell, I am fine with any vet QB as backup... but they're going to have one.

Think Peyton would come out of retirement this year for vet minimum to ride the bench behind Trevor and Paxton?

Agamemnon

Yeah that performance from Manning was the difference that day. You got me.

GaryPupiak
The "Butt Fumble" Experiment is officially over.

fontaine
I hope Siemian lights it up. He's earned this chance and hopefully goes on to play well this season so that we could eventually trade him for a 2nd/3rd round pick once Lynch gets going!!

Irish Stout
08-22-2016, 02:07 PM

He never said Lynch was "way behind," he said "Sanchez is ahead of [Trevor] right now." Big difference.

fontaine
08-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Well it won't be Ponder, unless you think the 49ers will cut him. Hell, I am fine with any vet QB as backup... but they're going to have one.

Think Peyton would come out of retirement this year for vet minimum to ride the bench behind Trevor and Paxton?

Put it this way.

Cutting Hillman/Sanchez would go a long way towards extend Sanders.

I'd happily pay a vet QB minimum (like Ponder is making) than pay Sanchez nearly $5million to absolutely stink.

fontaine
08-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Yeah that performance from Manning was the difference that day. You got me.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V4T0hk-zSag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Longdicked.

ludo21
08-22-2016, 02:11 PM
I hope Siemian lights it up. He's earned this chance and hopefully goes on to play well this season so that we could eventually trade him for a 2nd/3rd round pick once Lynch gets going!!

I hope so as well. Will be interesting to see if he gets "out of halftime" snaps or if they give those to Lynch or Sanchez.

Might say a lot to whether or not he locked up the Starting QB spot for week 1

TotallyScrewed
That means they are amputating his arm tomorrow.

That means, his subsequent throws in Saturday's game likely mean nothing other than a gutty performance by Siemian to play when not completely healthy...dig at Big Ben.

Agamemnon
Put it this way.

I'd happily pay a vet QB minimum (like Ponder is making) than pay Sanchez nearly $5million to absolutely stink.

Definitely too much money for a #3 QB, no doubt about it.

BroncoBeavis
I love CJ. I just do.

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 02:15 PM
He never said Lynch was "way behind," he said "Sanchez is ahead of [Trevor] right now." Big difference.

Sanchez is better than Lynch. But that doesn't mean he makes sense to get any reps, or possibly even be on the team!

1. Everything I said is true: Sanchez is a known commodity that isn't going to get better. Why in the world would you waste any amount of time on playing Sanchez at all? He's not going to get better, so he would only be siphoning valuable reps away from guys who CAN get better in Siemian and Lynch.

2. If you are planning on starting Sanchez, or at least want that option, you're only risking your starter getting injured.

So our short term future in Trevor will start, and I would love to see our long term future in Lynch get a lot of reps after Trevor as well. Then send Sanchez out there for the remnants, if at all.

If Trevor and Lynch show well, as ridiculous as Chef Luigi's fake thread is, I could see a scenario where the Broncos part ways with Sanchez to save themselves a draft pick and 4.5 million dollars. He isn't worth the money. He's a 3 mil a year guy at best.

Think about this: Sanchez is basically a gunslinger version of Trevor, except he doesn't learn and his gunslinging is more bad than good.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 02:16 PM
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V4T0hk-zSag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Longdicked.

We found the true reason the defense was so amazing that game. Got me again...

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Put it this way.

Beat me to it. This is exactly my thoughts. The other thing is by tanking Sanchez, you simplify the QB problem significantly. You are basically in a situation where Lynch is expected to sit, so there isn't as much pressure on Siemian to perform. You can sign someone as a "break the glass" emergency kind of situation. Then if by mid-season Siemian ****s the bed, you can turn the page, permanently, to Lynch. There will be no going back and no controversy at that point.

maggnus
08-22-2016, 02:23 PM

49ers will cut him

fontaine
08-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Beat me to it. This is exactly my thoughts. The other thing is by tanking Sanchez, you simplify the QB problem significantly. You are basically in a situation where Lynch is expected to sit, so there isn't as much pressure on Siemian to perform. You can sign someone as a "break the glass" emergency kind of situation. Then if by mid-season Siemian ****s the bed, you can turn the page, permanently, to Lynch. There will be no going back and no controversy at that point.

Yeah, I don't want Siemian to play with the added pressure/thought of a vet QB on the bench. Let him get this season to get better and I trust Kubiak to put him in good situations.

It may be over simplistic but the bottom line for me is that Siemian shows better ball placement, accuracy, and timing on his routes outside the numbers which is the perfect compliment to an inside ZBS run game. He also has more mobility than Sanchez so I'm sold.

That way a defense can't constantly stack safeties in the box because Siemian keeps making those throws on the outside. It's a clear but significant advantage he has over Sanchez.

Gort
08-22-2016, 02:29 PM

has Kubes ever not carried 3 QBs? has Elway? has Shanny?

somewhere, we'll need a 3rd QB. he will be a vet. he will have to be somebody who is here now or who has played in the Shanny/Kubes system in the past. it's possible somebody like that will show up on the waiver wire before the end of the pre-season, but we have the last claim, so it's unlikely we'd be able to pick one up. our opponents would claim the guy just the eff with us. we're going into this season with Lynch and Siemian. those are locks. it's possible that Sanchez gets cut and resigned after week 1 to save some $$$, although i'm not sure he would go along with that. one way or another, Sanchez is almost certainly going to be on the roster come week 2 at the latest. i don't see any upgrades out there.

please don't say Schaub. if he gets cut by ATL, we should NOT go after that guy.

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 02:31 PM
has Kubes ever not carried 3 QBs? has Elway? has Shanny?

somewhere, we'll need a 3rd QB. he will be a vet. he will have to be somebody who is here now or who has played in the Shanny/Kubes system in the past. it's possible somebody like that will show up on the waiver wire before the end of the pre-season, but we have the last claim, so it's unlikely we'd be able to pick one up. our opponents would claim the guy just the eff with us. we're going into this season with Lynch and Siemian. those are locks. it's possible that Sanchez gets cut and resigned after week 1 to save some $$$, although i'm not sure he would go along with that. one way or another, Sanchez is almost certainly going to be on the roster come week 2 at the latest. i don't see any upgrades out there.

please don't say Schaub. if he gets cut by ATL, we should NOT go after that guy.

Absolutely. We typically had the third on the practice squad. Plummer and BVP for I think 2005, then Plummer and Cutler for 2006. Manning's fragility and Kubiak's love of Siemian probably are what had him go with three last season.

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Absolutely. We typically had the third on the practice squad. Plummer and BVP for I think 2005, then Plummer and Cutler for 2006. Manning's fragility and Kubiak's love of Siemian probably are what had him go with three last season.

It hasn't been that long since the 3rd-QB rule was done away with.

Back then, there was no reason not to carry 3 QBs.

Gort
08-22-2016, 02:35 PM

yeah, that's what i mean. including the PS. they always carry 3. too bad we can't stash Lynch or Siemian on the PS this year, so we'll carry 3 on the active roster. no reason to add an UDFA rookie QB to the practice squad when you have two guys at the same level already ahead of him. somehow, we will carry a vet on the roster. that's almost certainly going to be Sanchez. i can't imagine a unicorn showing up on the waiver wire that 1) we could actually claim, and 2) who knows the system.

Gort
08-22-2016, 02:37 PM
It hasn't been that long since the 3rd-QB rule was done away with.

Back then, there was no reason not to carry 3 QBs.

good point, but they still always carry 3 in this system. 1 rookie or 2nd year project on the PS and 2 QBs on the roster (bare minimum).

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 02:39 PM
I'd cut Sanchez and bring in Ponder personally.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-22-2016, 02:39 PM

They both blow.

MamaMia
08-22-2016, 02:44 PM

Because of one good offensive series against our backups? Sanchez is a decent backup QB. He's just a terrible starter.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 02:48 PM
They both blow.

Yes but Ponder is way cheaper.

ScottXray
08-22-2016, 02:49 PM
49ers will cut him

After Saturday I think Kraperdinkle is the one that gets cut.
They are going to keep the PRODUCTIVE players...which is Gabert, the rook, and Ponder. Krapernick has not been doing anything. They'll look to trade him and no one is going to bite. He'll be a FA or claimed off waivers by the seasons start. There are going to be several vets available on waivers and the
Broncos can pick one.....and someone ( probably NO one) can claim Sancheese too. At least we save 3.5 miilion if we cut him before the season.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Because of one good offensive series against our backups? Sanchez is a decent backup QB. He's just a terrible starter.

No because of the difference in price tag and the fact that Ponder has a tiny bit of familiarity with the system.

MamaMia
08-22-2016, 02:55 PM
I agree with Kaylore's thought process on this. Giving Lynch the number 2 slot in preseason game three does not mean that Lynch is ahead of Sanchez on the depth chart, it simply means that we know what we have with Sanchez, we aren't sure about Lynch AND either way we want to give Lynch some valuable reps.

If we keep all three QBs heading into the season, Sanchez would still go into the game before Lynch if Siemian had to come out. However, as Agamemnon has pointed out, we could save 4 mil by cutting Sanchez that we could roll over into next season's cap. BUT: 1. If Siemian goes down or implodes, we would be relying on a guy who just got into the offensive playbook and in that situation we would almost be better off with Lynch and that's not good. 2. I was under the assumption that we have a TON of cap space next offseason. I don't know if it's necessary to cut Sanchez in that scenario.

MamaMia
08-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Kubiak's decision to let Lynch play 2nd QB against the Rams has less to do with Sanchez vs. Lynch and more to do with how strongly he feels about Siemian. If he's already pretty darn certain about Siemian then you will see Lynch with the 2s I think. Of course, he could always wait until game day to decide and see how Siemian does before selecting the next QB.

What a joy that would be for Bronco fans. Siemian comes out and plays solid (Great!), he has won the job over Sanchez (Great!), and then as a victory cigar Lynch trots onto the field next and we get to watch him play some better talent than he's used to (Awesome!) while Sanchez gets the scraps (Yeah!) and therefore we can turn the game off after Lynch goes out and not waste our time watching bull**** (Super!).

broncocalijohn
08-22-2016, 03:30 PM

I think it was a new rule allowing a 3rd QB to be ready to play if needed due to injuries.

ZONA
08-22-2016, 03:33 PM
seimian did indeed "turtle" after his INT, but his opening drive was a thing of beauty !
... and we dint even feature our run game!

Can we all go into this in more detail? Did he really turtle? He threw a whopping 2 passes after the INT, one of which should have been caught by Lattimer. So did he really turtle or are people just being unfair?

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2016, 03:33 PM
I think it was a new rule allowing a 3rd QB to be ready to play if needed due to injuries.

Then that rule got killed in 2011. They added a roster spot and removed the reserved 'free' 3rd qb spot.

So 3rd QBs went from a forgone conclusion to a roster spot teams thought about using elsewhere.

Kaylore
08-22-2016, 03:40 PM
Can we all go into this in more detail? Did he really turtle? He threw a whopping 2 passes after the INT, one of which should have been caught by Lattimer. So did he really turtle or are people just being unfair?

His throws were a little off. Footwork was off too. But yes, you are correct in that people are reading too much into the commentary. John Lynch made a comment that the one turnover turned the tide of the game. I don't necessarily agree. I think Sanchez had a chance to show he could rally the troops and stepped in it. That wasn't a result of the Siemian pick, it was just him not being careful with the ball (like always). If Sanchez comes in and lights up the Niners, no one talking about the pick 6 hanging over the team. The Siemian pick didn't seem to affect Paxton.

What annoys me is how people are being too fatalistic about it. This whole game is going to be a learning experience for the team on how not to handle an bad play and how turnovers ****ing suck for your team. Let's see if the next time they turnover the ball they respond better.

broncosteven
08-22-2016, 04:25 PM
His throws were a little off. Footwork was off too. But yes, you are correct in that people are reading too much into the commentary. John Lynch made a comment that the one turnover turned the tide of the game. I don't necessarily agree. I think Sanchez had a chance to show he could rally the troops and stepped in it. That wasn't a result of the Siemian pick, it was just him not being careful with the ball (like always). If Sanchez comes in and lights up the Niners, no one talking about the pick 6 hanging over the team. The Siemian pick didn't seem to affect Paxton.

What annoys me is how people are being too fatalistic about it. This whole game is going to be a learning experience for the team on how not to handle an bad play and how turnovers ****ing suck for your team. Let's see if the next time they turnover the ball they respond better.

I agree with this and your original post.

Sanchez is not mobile, I would start Siemian based on the one boot Siemian had early in the game where the DE stayed home and was on him yet he still was able to move enough and accurate enough to get the ball to Green I believe for a big gain.

I still believe John signed Sanchez to be the teams backup no matter who he ended up getting. At the time they signed Sanchez John was trying to make a trade for Kap and had Siemian on the roster. I believe he brought him in to have a Vet to compete for the job but also knowing that if the Kap deal fell through he would need a vet to teach the guy he drafted and Siemian how to prepare and work during the week, as well as to have a guy who could work with the O and make 2nd teamers in the WR corp better.

Some one said somewhere if they start Siemian during the RS and he struggles it would be harder to replace him with Sanchez but I think that is short sighted. If Sanchez keeps turning the ball over he is a total bust and we would have to go to Siemian anyway. If Both Siemian and Sanchez suck then we have ridden the QB carousel all the way to our draft pick.

Just today I saw where Kubes is starting Siemian vs the Rams but could also be looking to move Lynch up to the #2 QB spot.

The nice thing is that with Siemian and Lynch both showing they are competent we could be in a position next year to cut Dirty and draft another development QB. Imagine having 3 QB's all on Rookie deals for another couple years!

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 05:42 PM

Given that he was pulled from the game soon after, it's totally unfair. He did look a little shaken, but people are acting like he played a full game afterwards and just tanked it, which is silly. I still don't see "it" with him, but maybe he's just hiding it...

SonOfLe-loLang
08-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Given that he was pulled from the game soon after, it's totally unfair. He did look a little shaken, but people are acting like he played a full game afterwards and just tanked it, which is silly. I still don't see "it" with him, but maybe he's just hiding it...

I wrote your last line to a friend just 3 hours ago. Whatever "it" is, he just doesn't seem to have it. That said, I think he can be efficient and probably put together some really nice games. he throws a really nice ball, but he doesn't seem to have whatever intangibles are needed to be a great QB. Then again, we've seen a tiny sample size.

ScottXray
08-22-2016, 06:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> Kubiak says Paxton playing with the 1s depends on how much he's going to play the other starters.</p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/767804867431636992">August 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

I read the bold as Lynch is going in as #2 on Saturday. With all three getting equal time , if Siemian starts and Lynch is 2nd then Sanchez is not getting time with the Number 1s at all.
Sounds to me like the writing is on the wall .
Sanchez played himself out of the starting, and probably #2, role.

At least the coaches aren't whitewashing it.
I guess they don't want to cut Sanchez until they have another vet available. Therefore the coach speak about equal time for all.

USMCBladerunner
08-22-2016, 06:16 PM

They are being completely unfair. After the INT, Siemian had one more possession that lasted 5 plays.

1) Handoff.
2) Handoff. First down.
3) Handoff.
4) Pass to left sideline. Receiver covered. Way overthrown.
5) Pass to right sideline 1 yd short of Line to Gain. Latimer dropped it.

I'm not exactly sure what people are reading into this. Body language maybe, but it's not like the guy was a live wire prior to the INT, so I didn't see a big difference.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Ya there's no way he would play with the starters if he comes in 3rd unless Kubiak plans on almost the entire game of starters. Which would be pathetic.

Virgil Green says Siemian plays/acts like a 4-5 year veteran.

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 06:20 PM
I read the bold as Lynch is going in as #2 on Saturday. With all three getting equal time , if Siemian starts and Lynch is 2nd then Sanchez is not getting time with the Number 1s at all.

I guess they don't want to cut Sanchez until they have another vet available. Therefore the coach speak about equal time for all.

That certainly does seem to suggest that Lynch is playing second doesn't it?

Agamemnon
08-22-2016, 06:21 PM
Ya there's no way he would play with the starters if he comes in 3rd unless Kubiak plans on almost the entire game of starters. Which would be pathetic.

Virgil Green says Siemian plays/acts like a 4-5 year veteran.

Other players have been saying things that suggest they back Siemian as well. I wonder how much this is playing into Kubiak's decision.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Other players have been saying things that suggest they back Siemian as well. I wonder how much this is playing into Kubiak's decision.

That and what we see with Sanchez Kubiak is seeing with crystal clear glasses.

What a preseason!

strafen
08-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Or we can watch Sanchez put the nails in his own coffin...He already has.
The dude is done, out of contention.
It's now Siemian and Lynch.
The smart money should on Siemian to start the season.
We've seen enough to know that, Lynch could go into the season as the back up.

footstepsfrom#27
08-22-2016, 11:02 PM
They are being completely unfair. After the INT, Siemian had one more possession that lasted 5 plays.

1) Handoff.
2) Handoff. First down.
3) Handoff.

I'm not exactly sure what people are reading into this. Body language maybe, but it's not like the guy was a live wire prior to the INT, so I didn't see a big difference.
They are parroting announcers Ron Zapollo and John Lynch, who falsely asserted that Siemian was rattled and then spent the rest of the game talking about how he left the door open. By contrast they gushed over every move made by Lynch once he got in the game and even compared him to Elway at least twice as well as excusing his mistakes several times. It was a pure love fest with zero objectivity.

Some people need others to think for them.

BroncoFox
08-22-2016, 11:12 PM
I don't think they keep Sanchez at all. Why? If Siemian is clearly #1.. why would you want a QB the team doesn't want to play for? He all but admitted defeat on Saturday. It will almost certainly be Siemian, Lynch.. and Sanchez #3, which means.. there is no reason to keep him on the team. 5.whatever million and a roster spot.

I think they will simply cut Sanchez, unless Siemian completely folds for game 3.

Kaylore
08-23-2016, 12:41 AM

1) Handoff.
2) Handoff. First down.
3) Handoff.

The other thing to consider is how messed up his shoulder was. Kubiak said he hurt it on the tackle. It's more than possible his negative "body language" was him dealing with a messed up shoulder.

pricejj
08-23-2016, 01:00 AM
All Siemian needs to do is last long enough for Lynch to grab this team by the horns. Siemian is a perfect backup QB, a softspoken guy who can go in there and win you a few games if you really need it.

Well Siemian, go in there and win a few games while Lynch gets comfortable. Try not to get killed while you're at it.

USMCBladerunner
08-23-2016, 02:30 AM
The other thing to consider is how messed up his shoulder was. Kubiak said he hurt it on the tackle. It's more than possible his negative "body language" was him dealing with a messed up shoulder.

Maybe, yeah. I didn't know he was hurting. I just didn't see a big difference regardless. He's not a demonstrative leader, so I didn't see much of a change before or after. I hadn't seen him airmail a pass before, so that was new and maybe his shoulder had to do with it. I took it as a throwaway disguised as a pass.

R8R H8R
08-23-2016, 03:28 AM
Here's the only scenario I can see that Sanchez gets cut...maybe. They cut him just before the 1st game, and then sign him to a reduced contract after the game, if he doesn't sign elsewhere. Doing this will ensure that they can cut him anytime during the season and they don't owe him anything more; but if a vet is on the roster for game 1, then his entire salary is guaranteed.

It seems like I remember Fox / Elway doing that in Manning's first year with us. I believe the QB was Haney, IIRC. All we had behind Manning that year for one game was the rookie Brock.

ScottXray
08-23-2016, 08:45 AM

I said that I thought Siemian favored his shoulder because of the attempted tackle. He really had no time to show anything after that.

Sanchez COULD have taken the job with a good performance...instead he did what many, if not most, had said he would do and turned it over. In a way we dodged a bullet. Hopefully the coaching staff can find an alternate VET since its obvious they ARE going to carry one. There is no way they should pay Sanchez 4.5 million to be third string.

Punisher
08-23-2016, 09:48 AM

Everyone including TJ was comparing Sanchez to Jake Plummer in the beginning of the off season. It didn't take long to debunk that argument.

TonyR
08-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Mark Sanchez's future with Broncos could be in jeopardy

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/21693/mark-sanchezs-future-with-broncos-could-be-in-jeopardy

If Siemian holds serve and is named the regular-season starter -- and if, after Saturday's game, the Broncos think they've seen enough from Lynch to make him the No. 2 quarterback -- it's unclear what it would mean for Sanchez. If he was the No. 3 and remained on the roster he would be the team's highest-paid quarterback and a game-day inactive.

Bronx33
08-23-2016, 12:53 PM
I wanna see sim with the first teamers not much else can be said that is speculation let's see and then pass judgement.

broncocalijohn
08-23-2016, 01:24 PM
Mark Sanchez's future with Broncos could be in jeopardy

http://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/21693/mark-sanchezs-future-with-broncos-could-be-in-jeopardy

If Siemian holds serve and is named the regular-season starter -- and if, after Saturday's game, the Broncos think they've seen enough from Lynch to make him the No. 2 quarterback -- it's unclear what it would mean for Sanchez. If he was the No. 3 and remained on the roster he would be the team's highest-paid quarterback and a game-day inactive.

I am not sure how salary structure happens or what happens concerning the comp. pick if he gets cut but if you are not afraid that Sanchez gets picked up, you can cut him and later in the season give him a call if Trevor and/or Paxton struggles.

TonyR
08-23-2016, 01:33 PM
I am not sure ... what happens concerning the comp. pick if he gets cut ...

If he doesn't make the final roster the Broncos do not owe the Eagles a 7th round pick. If he makes the final roster they do owe the Eagles a 7th round draft pick. If he makes the team and starts 4 or more games they owe the Eagles a 6th round draft pick.

footstepsfrom#27
08-23-2016, 01:40 PM
As bad as Prom Date sucks, you can't enter an NFL season with 2 QB's who have the same number of NFL regular season passes as I do, much less when your O-Line has three new starters and the two holdovers are second year guys. It's a recipe for disaster and they just need to eat the $5 million and keep his dumb ass on the bench.

BroncoBeavis
08-23-2016, 01:42 PM
As bad as Prom Date sucks, you can't enter an NFL season with 2 QB's who have the same number of NFL regular season passes as I do, much less when your O-Line has three new starters and the two holdovers are second year guys. It's a recipe for disaster and they just need to eat the $5 million and keep his dumb ass on the bench.

When Mark Sanchez is looking for new dinner ideas, he actually surfs recipesfordisaster.com

MamaMia
08-23-2016, 01:45 PM
If he doesn't make the final roster the Broncos do not owe the Eagles a 7th round pick. If he makes the final roster they do owe the Eagles a 7th round draft pick. If he makes the team and starts 4 or more games they owe the Eagles a 6th round draft pick.

Aha.

This has not been brought up yet. However, its doubtful that Elway plays games with the trade stipulations because that would tarnish his credibility. So either he feels like keeping Sanchez is worth a 7th and 4 mil or he doesnt. Honestly, i think we keep him.

As big of a bone head as he has been at times, rome wasnt built in a day. I think if we can keep working with him we may be able to fix him up enough to be what we would need him to be should Siemian go down and honestly i think thats more likely than not. Siemian is not a big dude.

footstepsfrom#27
08-23-2016, 01:51 PM
When Mark Sanchez is looking for new dinner ideas, he actually surfs recipesfordisaster.com

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/05/09/0509-mark-sanchez-cane-flask-getty-4.jpg

BroncoBeavis
08-23-2016, 01:53 PM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/05/09/0509-mark-sanchez-cane-flask-getty-4.jpg

I'm going to demand they let me carry my #6-adorned Cane into the game next time I go.

Save me a bundle.