PDA

View Full Version : The QB situation depends on what would be best if the starter falters

barryr
08-21-2016, 10:12 AM
Do you go with Sanchez or Siemian and if they falter, then go with Lynch? Or go with Lynch and of he falters, go with one of the other two?

I think the best move right now is Siemian as the starter. He is probably not the answer in reality, but I think I want him to start and if he doesn't do well, then go with Lynch.

We all know Lynch is seen as the QB for the future, but confidence for your QB is key. If he is the starter and doesn't do well to start out the year and gets replaced, that could ruin some confidence he has himself and there is a long list of QB's that has happened to.

But if someone else ahead of him falters, he them comes in, there is not as much pressure on him since he is a rookie replacing a QB who did not do well, so expectation are not as high at this time.

I gave Sanchez a chance. I wasn't one who made fun of him like some people did when the Broncos traded for him, but he is what he is. He is a decent QB if he would just make the plays there, but he tried to do too much and only the greats can get away with that and that's not him. As they say, "play within yourself", but Sanchez just doesn't do that consistently and whether it's poor decisions throwing the ball into coverage or hanging onto the ball too long and getting sacked and fumbling, it just happens too often with him.

It is hard to know just what Siemian is other than probably "game manager" which is what this team needs right now. They don't need a big play guy to win, though it would be nice. Just make the plays that are there and don't force stuff.

I think Lynch is the big play guy for sure, but I don't think he is ready.

But again, I think it comes down to if things don't go well to start the season, do you want your future QB starting and struggling and being replaced, or someone else start and if falters and then go with your future QB?

Broncoandrew
08-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Call Elway out of retirement. Bet the Oline would get fixed in a hurry.

Requiem
08-21-2016, 10:18 AM
TLDR.

MplsBronco
08-21-2016, 10:39 AM
First move is you cut Sanchez.

BroncoMan4ever
08-21-2016, 10:41 AM
I'd rather Elway go find whatever bar Orton is downing Jack and swording skanks in and bring him back to start instead of Sanchez or Siemian.

orinjkrush
08-21-2016, 12:29 PM
For Carolina: offer up the Sancheez as the sacrificial goat. Then Semen.
Next game: Semen starts and goes for as long as possible then the Cheeze.
Next game: rinse and repeat
About 5th game (when our record is hurting) Semen and then Lynch. Cheeze not active.

Unless Elway accomplishes his GM magic somehow.

Agamemnon
08-21-2016, 12:33 PM
Making plans based on the prospect of failure seems like a winning approach...

orinjkrush
08-21-2016, 12:45 PM
plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Agamemnon
08-21-2016, 12:50 PM
plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Plan for failure, hope for success. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it...

Broncoandrew
08-21-2016, 01:12 PM

This x100

Arkie
08-21-2016, 01:23 PM
We're used to saying there is no Plan B. This year we literally have three plans comparable to last year's Plan C.

M-G
08-21-2016, 01:46 PM
First move is you cut Sanchez.

I don't have a problem with this if it is to bring someone in who is better (i.e. McCown) or someone who knows the system (i.e. Yates).

ZONA
08-21-2016, 02:48 PM
Siemian will start week 1. Lynch will be the backup. I think Sanchez gets cut to be honest. He's not going to give us anything the other 2 can't and they could use that roster spot for depth.

Agamemnon
08-21-2016, 02:52 PM
I don't have a problem with this if it is to bring someone in who is better (i.e. McCown) or someone who knows the system (i.e. Yates).

Yates is not an upgrade over Sanchez. He is really bad.

broncocalijohn
08-21-2016, 03:25 PM
Making plans based on the prospect of failure seems like a winning approach...

With Sanchez, you do have to plan for the worst. If he was our sure backup then you are correct but unfortunately, he is our starter as of now.

DENVERDUI55
08-21-2016, 03:35 PM
All three will play this year. Start Sanchez because he is the easiest to pull the plug on. No patience needed for him. Give 6 games to Semen and if he doesn't improve roll with Lynch.

barryr
08-21-2016, 03:38 PM
The NFL is saturated with rookie QB's who were not ready to play, but thrown in there played poorly and never really recovered. And the Broncos have the added situation of just winning the Super Bowl, so like low expectations are the norm. But if say Lynch comes in for the starter who didn't get the job done, then his role is seen the future is now and nobody waiting to take his place. If he starts right away and struggles, he gets replaced. People need to remember Lynch was not a top five pick.

Agamemnon
08-21-2016, 05:00 PM
With Sanchez, you do have to plan for the worst. If he was our sure backup then you are correct but unfortunately, he is our starter as of now.

So, to be clear, you think Kubiak is retarded and/or insane?

Agamemnon
08-21-2016, 05:01 PM
The NFL is saturated with rookie QB's who were not ready to play, but thrown in there played poorly and never really recovered. And the Broncos have the added situation of just winning the Super Bowl, so like low expectations are the norm. But if say Lynch comes in for the starter who didn't get the job done, then his role is seen the future is now and nobody waiting to take his place. If he starts right away and struggles, he gets replaced. People need to remember Lynch was not a top five pick.

What does that have to with anything? He probably should've been.

Jason in LA
08-21-2016, 07:33 PM
I was against giving Brock $18M, or even $16M. And against paying Kaep his entire contract. But seeing what's happened with the QB position, which we pretty much saw coming, giving Fitzpatrick a one year deal at $12M, which is what he got from the Jets, seems like it would have been a good deal. The Jets weren't about to give him $15M, and neither were the Broncos. But $12M for a year while Lynch develops could have worked. He has issues, but he's way better than Sanchez.

pricejj
08-21-2016, 07:39 PM

Life is a continuous series of unexpected events.

Pontius Pirate
08-22-2016, 09:36 AM
If only we had a QB who was developing under Peyton Manning for a few years....hmmm

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-22-2016, 09:46 AM
I was against giving Brock $18M, or even $16M. And against paying Kaep his entire contract. But seeing what's happened with the QB position, which we pretty much saw coming, giving Fitzpatrick a one year deal at $12M, which is what he got from the Jets, seems like it would have been a good deal. The Jets weren't about to give him $15M, and neither were the Broncos. But $12M for a year while Lynch develops could have worked. He has issues, but he's way better than Sanchez.

THIS.

barryr
08-23-2016, 06:56 PM
What does that have to with anything? He probably should've been.

A lot. Not many QB's drafted outside the top 5-10 end up starting game one.

wolf754life
08-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Too long op

Shananahan
08-23-2016, 07:57 PM
A lot. Not many QB's drafted outside the top 5-10 end up starting game one.
None of the reasons for this are very applicable or helpful in Denver's situation, however.

Kaylore
08-23-2016, 08:29 PM
You don't plan for failure. You plan to be successful accounting for expected challenges.

strafen
08-23-2016, 08:33 PM
First move is you cut Sanchez.Like yesterday

KapriBibbs4prez
08-23-2016, 08:37 PM
I'm on the Sanchez side. He can move the ball. He'll make some mistakes and hopefully team can still over come them like last year from the QB position. Just be good enough to have leads going into 4th Q then rely on the D.

All the media would have a field day but honestly I would startSanchez and have packages for Lynch in the Red Zone. That's where Sanchise makes the biggest errors and I think it's pretty clear Pax will be tough to stop in the Red Zone with his athletic ability.

Agamemnon
08-23-2016, 08:39 PM
I'm on the Sanchez side. He can move the ball. He'll make some mistakes and hopefully team can still over come them like last year from the QB position. Just be good enough to have leads going into 4th Q then rely on the D.

All the media would have a field day but honestly I would startSanchez and have packages for Lynch in the Red Zone. That's where Sanchise makes the biggest errors and I think it's pretty clear Pax will be tough to stop in the Red Zone with his athletic ability.

Hilarious!

strafen
08-23-2016, 08:40 PM
My personal opinion is that if Siemian starts the season, it's going to be tough to get him out of there.
I think he'll get better and better.
The kid got the skills, he's going to be surrounded by a world class supporting cast of WR, RB's, TE and a work in progress OL that promises to be good.
He can't mess that up.
All he needs is reps and more reps and he'll be more than just fine for us.
He's got a lot of room for improvement in certain areas of leadership and demeanor on the field, but other than that, he's got the tools to get it done.

Agamemnon
08-23-2016, 08:48 PM
My personal opinion is that if Siemian starts the season, it's going to be tough to get him out of there.
I think he'll get better and better.
The kid got the skills, he's going to be surrounded by a world class supporting cast of WR, RB's, TE and a work in progress OL that promises to be good.
He can't mess that up.
All he needs is reps and more reps and he'll be more than just fine for us.
He's got a lot of room for improvement in certain areas of leadership and demeanor on the field, but other than that, he's got the tools to get it done.

Sure he can. I don't know if he will, but he definitely can.

KapriBibbs4prez
08-23-2016, 08:50 PM
Agamemnon I'm not happy about starting Sanchez just rather go with the experience. Both Qbs pretty equal in pre season IMO.

As for using Lynch in red zone? Why not get creative in our crap QB situation. To me he already has the look of a tough QB to stop in Red Zone. Good way to get him some in game reps too.

Agamemnon
08-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Agamemnon I'm not happy about starting Sanchez just rather go with the experience. Both Qbs pretty equal in pre season IMO.

As for using Lynch in red zone? Why not get creative in our crap QB situation. To me he already has the look of a tough QB to stop in Red Zone. Good way to get him some in game reps too.

Please just stop...it's hurting...

footstepsfrom#27
08-23-2016, 08:54 PM
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/vCJmPNC92FYndWEjaF3z6A-zNo4=/0x25:600x363/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/651874/jake_plummer.jpg

KapriBibbs4prez
08-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Please just stop...it's hurting...

Well where you stand you have stated anything? Just laugh at people's opinions?

I don't think it matters who starts at QB. All 3 have arguments for and against.

Agamemnon
08-23-2016, 09:09 PM

I don't think it matters who starts at QB. All 3 have arguments for and against.

If you don't want to be laughed at maybe don't post things like "I'm for Sanchez, but with him being replaced by Lynch in the redzone." Just wow...

KapriBibbs4prez
08-23-2016, 09:35 PM
If you don't want to be laughed at maybe don't post things like "I'm for Sanchez, but with him being replaced by Lynch in the redzone." Just wow...

Replaced is different than Package Plays.

footstepsfrom#27
08-23-2016, 10:07 PM
What a bunch of horse****.

socalorado
08-23-2016, 10:12 PM

Hilarious!

strafen
08-23-2016, 10:55 PM

I don't think it matters who starts at QB. All 3 have arguments for and against.If you hang out long enough, you'll get to love agagammmeemmmeemmoomm, he's just loveable and loves to always go against the grain.
Sometimes I feel like reaching through my monitor, grab him by the neck and b!tch slap him, but then I realize he probably just needs a hug. Hilarious!