PDA

View Full Version : Brock Osweiler/JJ Watt TV Commercials

broncogary
08-11-2016, 08:23 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_QVsv28ZDPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Their already treating Brock like he's a star down here.

Smiling Assassin27
08-11-2016, 08:26 AM
That's pretty awful.

Not Pavel Datsuk awful but close:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KJZHWaT4MS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ColoradoDarin
08-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Brock didn't want to ride Manning's coattails, sooooo he rides JJ Watt's?

Also, he couldn't be more wooden if he tried.

Jason in LA
08-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Let that man make his money. Because he's probably not going to get another big contract. lol

MamaMia
08-11-2016, 08:49 AM
that's right, keep filling his head with the idea that he's a big shot QB now and let's put this failure train into high gear. what a stiff.

69bronco
08-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Worst commercial I've ever seen

uplink
08-11-2016, 09:00 AM
wow can't believe this guy is being treated like an accomplished pro when he has done nothing yet. It is unprecedented, the guy was a backup for 4 years and hardly played.

broncocalijohn
08-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Nothing wrong with the commercials but keeping homering along.

Rabb
08-11-2016, 09:18 AM
I don't understand why we would make fun of another fan base for being excited and promoting a new QB that showed potential. Especially given the crap they've trotted out there. We may not like how Brock left but move the **** on.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-11-2016, 09:23 AM
I don't understand why we would make fun of another fan base for being excited and promoting a new QB that showed potential. Especially given the crap they've trotted out there. We may not like how Brock left but move the **** on.

I agree.

That fanbase has had no one. They saw Brock contribute to a super bowl winning season so their hopes are high. Average to just below avg will be a big improvement than what they've seen over the years.

orangeatheist
08-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Nothing wrong with the commercials but keeping homering along.

Yeah, I don't think the commercials are bad at all, for what they are. Hitching your wagon to what, at this time, is your newest local sports star, is good marketing. I'm sure it'll help make the chain a few extra bucks. Trice Jewelers around here does the same thing: Eric Decker, Champ Bailey, Emmanuel Sanders, etc. These guys are horrible on-air, but why not ride the train? Problem in Houston is that Brock's an unproven commodity so it's a little premature. If he craps the bed this season, these commercials will be pulled and burned faster than a sneeze through a screen door.

v2micca
08-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Well, it appears that Brock is as stiff in Television as he is in the pocket. Makes me glad that I chose to move from Austin back to Chicago this year. Don't know how many of these commercials I could have handled. I wish Brock no ill will, but I don't really want his new found celebrity rubbed in my face.

Rohirrim
08-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Brock is a putz.

Bronx33
08-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Brock is dead to me all I care about is seeing him throwing picks and running for his life when we play him.

Rohirrim
08-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Three years from now, Brock is a permanent back-up in Cleveland.

fontaine
08-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Brock is going to disappoint all of you and Texan fans when he turns out to be a good but not great QB.

It won't matter either way. In a division with Luck, Marriotta, and Bortles he's at best the 3rd ranked QB and is going to be naturally compared to those guys.

fontaine
08-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Here's the best analysis I've ever seen on Brock.

The first 22 minutes pretty much lay out what I've seen as well (footwork, footwork, and more footwork). The rest is just Texan homerism.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XBs3zEwnmJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ColoradoDarin
08-11-2016, 10:40 AM
This thread is fun

Moar please.

http://i.imgur.com/ec1Ka3c.gif

Powderaddict
08-11-2016, 11:55 AM
They have a new QB they are excited about. I have no issues with that.

TD4HOF
08-11-2016, 12:57 PM
I miss HEB. Great grocery store.

broncosteven
08-11-2016, 01:10 PM

The first 22 minutes pretty much lay out what I've seen as well (footwork, footwork, and more footwork). The rest is just Texan homerism.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XBs3zEwnmJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is what irritated me the most about his performance.

4 years of watching Manning work on his footwork in the 1st week of camp and continue to move his feet in the pocket and Brock came out with terrible footwork.

R-Mac
08-11-2016, 01:26 PM
May his career as a Texan be as bad as those commercials.

GreatBronco16
08-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Man the hate on the kid is crazy in here. While I hope our defense tears his ass up when we play, I hope he plays well for the Texans.

fontaine
08-11-2016, 05:28 PM
That is what irritated me the most about his performance.

4 years of watching Manning work on his footwork in the 1st week of camp and continue to move his feet in the pocket and Brock came out with terrible footwork.

Yes, but he showed significant improvement which led to better pocket poise later down the line.

I dunno, sometimes I hate the QB position. You see guys like Ryan Mallett with all the arm talent in the world, shows definite abilities in reading defenses and quickly getting the ball out of his hands while having the confidence to air it out.

Then it turns out this kid has problems with attitude and his work commitment. Same thing could be said about RGIII.

And then you've got poorly talented guys like Cousins/Bridgewater who clearly work their a$$ off to study and understand pro style concepts, checkdowns, hot reads, progression and coverage reads etc..

QBs are a strange freakin bunch.

Sometimes I think if I was a coach I'd roll with two athletic QBs, simplify the reads, use their athleticism to work option plays and force defenses to have to study for both QBs then use the more effective one of the day depending on how the defense is playing it.

Like having both Tyrod Taylor and Siemian and rotating them depending on how the defense plays it. Never get away with it though - fans would go beserk.

Punisher
08-11-2016, 09:55 PM
http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-25-2015/LFWueP.gif

only steers and queers come from Texas private cowboy, and you don't much look like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down

Archer81
08-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Local commercials...gawd they suck.

:Broncos:

bpc
08-11-2016, 10:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_QVsv28ZDPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Their already treating Brock like he's a star down here.

Holy **** that's annoying, makes want to stab out my eyes. He's such a corny **********.

pricejj
08-11-2016, 10:48 PM

Lot's of Texan homerism in this video. Bill O'Brien Offensive genius? Way better at developing QB's than Kubiak? lol

boppool
08-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Brock Osweiler = Matt Cassell

Can't blame the guy for taking the money, but this signing would set Texans back a few years....

thunderkyss
08-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Well, it appears that Brock is as stiff in Television as he is in the pocket. Makes me glad that I chose to move from Austin back to Chicago this year. Don't know how many of these commercials I could have handled. I wish Brock no ill will, but I don't really want his new found celebrity rubbed in my face.

Austin is Cowboy country. They don't show any Houston Texans commercials.

OABB
08-12-2016, 07:38 AM
He is too tall to act.

BroncoBeavis
08-12-2016, 08:24 AM
Austin is Cowboy country. They don't show any Houston Texans commercials.

Texas is Cowboy country.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5409bbb269beddf209ff257e-1200-706/nfl-fan-map.jpg

Must really suck to be such an irrelevant little brother to such an overrated and mediocre franchise.

Gort
08-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Texas is Cowboy country.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5409bbb269beddf209ff257e-1200-706/nfl-fan-map.jpg

Must really suck to be such an irrelevant little brother to such an overrated and mediocre franchise.

i don't know why, but it amuses me that KC, OAK, and Sandy Eggo don't even have their homes states fully backing them.

BroncoBeavis
08-12-2016, 08:31 AM
i don't know why, but it amuses me that KC, OAK, and Sandy Eggo don't even have their homes states fully backing them.

Hell, Oakland didn't even lock down Oakland. :)

Although the 9'ers bandwagon has probably flipped a bit since 2014.

Arkie
08-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Those Rams fans will leave Missouri giving it all back to the Chiefs.

BroncoBeavis
08-12-2016, 09:28 AM

If the Bears are ever worth a piss, they might go that way.

They've gotta feel pretty hopeless after that exposition though. Just awful.

Gort
08-12-2016, 09:35 AM

aren't you forgetting that one county that is Cowboys country?

KC is such a loser franchise. it's hilarious.

RedskinBronco
08-12-2016, 10:04 AM
I know people will say Broncos fans are haters or sour grapes, but Brock is not worth what he got and it will be proven over time.

Elway made the right decision.

broncocalijohn
08-12-2016, 11:30 AM

Those fans tasted a Superbowl. They know the glory of the feat. If there brain still remembers 15 years ago, there is no way they follow a "stuck in the mud" franchise like the Chiefs. If you like starting from the middle and working your way sideways like a treadmill then the Chiefs are a perfect fit.