PDA

View Full Version : USA Today Evaluates All 32 Projected QBs - Sanchize Gets No Respect

Gradishar53
08-10-2016, 04:06 PM
Brought to you by the same "journalists" who said we had the worst off season of all 32 teams . . . .

"32. That Sanchez may actually lose a training camp battle to Trevor Siemian tells you everything you need to know about his ability. The Broncos will not ask much from whomever they elect to start come Week 1: Just don’t turn the ball over too much and complete some simple play-action passes. But even that may be too much for Sanchez, who, even at an advanced age, is just a mess in the pocket, melting down at the first sign of pressure. And, unlike his predecessor Peyton Manning, Sanchez offers very little in the way of pre-snap adjustments."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/nfl-quarterback-rankings-2016?ref=yfp

Gradishar53
08-10-2016, 04:26 PM
And to think, for just $72,000,000.00, we could move up to this gem:

"27. Don’t get too bummed out by this ranking, Texans fans. Osweiler is the best quarterback Houston has had a while. The former Bronco is smooth in the pocket and can execute basic reads. His accuracy is a major issue, and his problems stem from poor lower body mechanics and a wonky release. Bill O’Brien has a well-earned reputation as a quarterback whisperer and should be able to iron out those issues."

ShaneFalco
08-10-2016, 04:34 PM
http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4ec65ae069bedded1c000034-400-300/winner-tim-tebow.jpg

RepentWalpurgis
08-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Shocking.

v2micca
08-10-2016, 04:50 PM
Yeah, Sanchez has largely earned his ranking. Not going to get too bent out of shape about that. But, their methodology is seriously questionable. They cave Carson Palmer a 97 in arm strength out of 100. A 97! Apparently they still think it is 2005.

BroncosfanGuy
08-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Bill O’Brien has a well-earned reputation as a quarterback whisperer

did he lose his voice before the playoffs last year?

Tombstone RJ
08-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Sanchez is ranked too high... lol

MamaMia
08-10-2016, 06:15 PM
So if obrien is a qb whisperer what is gary (i made jake plummer a playoff qb) kubiak? I dont buy that. Agree w the ranking though.

Have to say.. the more i think about it the more i wish we had just worked something out w Kaepernick. He cant be worse than Sanchez throwing the ball and his value as a runner is without question.

strafen
08-10-2016, 06:47 PM
Brought to you by the same "journalists" who said we had the worst off season of all 32 teams . . . .

"32. That Sanchez may actually lose a training camp battle to Trevor Siemian tells you everything you need to know about his ability. The Broncos will not ask much from whomever they elect to start come Week 1: Just don’t turn the ball over too much and complete some simple play-action passes. But even that may be too much for Sanchez, who, even at an advanced age, is just a mess in the pocket, melting down at the first sign of pressure. And, unlike his predecessor Peyton Manning, Sanchez offers very little in the way of pre-snap adjustments."

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/nfl-quarterback-rankings-2016?ref=yfp

Sanchez sucks, man. Just deal with it.
I can't believe that just because we have a QB on our team that sucks balls like Sanchez does, that we're now feeling offended by someone else telling it like it is.
It kind of reminds me when we brought in Kyle Orton, man I couldn't be more furious and more deflated than having that bum as our QB, now we have Sanchez and I'm kind of demoralized by that ****, hopefully Siemian can beat him out.

BroncoMan4ever
08-10-2016, 06:58 PM
I can't believe that just because we have a QB on our team that sucks balls like Sanchez does, that we're now feeling offended by someone else telling it like it is.
It kind of reminds me when we brought in Kyle Orton, man I couldn't be more furious and more deflated than having that bum as our QB, now we have Sanchez and I'm kind of demoralized by that ****, hopefully Siemian can beat him out.

Id rather Kubes find whatever bar Orton is poling skanks in and bring his ass back to Denver than ever see Siemian start for us.

ColoradoDarin
08-10-2016, 07:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/f7FdEdG.jpg

Kaylore
08-10-2016, 08:00 PM
The negative view of Sanchez nationally is too harsh....but not by a lot.

Al and DMac were speaking to an East Coast reporter, I don't remember who, and they asked him why the media hates him. They basically said it started with the photo shoot he did on the cover of GQ before he even won the job. Then him dating Eva Longoria and the whole dog and pony show with average ability kind of peeved everyone off the entire time. Butt-fumble was more of the inevitable end of a downward spiral.

Based on his play, he deserves criticism, but there is a visceral hatred of him, both here and around the country, that exceeds what he's deserving of based on his character and ability. He should be regarded as a failed first round prospect and decent career backup ala Tommy Maddox. Instead he engenders Ray Rice levels of contempt.

broncogary
08-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Well, Tommy Maddox played decently at the end of his career. Maybe Sanchize can do that.

Jason in LA
08-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Looks like the Broncos are in the same situation as last year. Not too shabby.

maven
08-10-2016, 11:36 PM
Bill O’Brien has a well-earned reputation as a quarterback whisperer and should be able to iron out those issues."

So why has all of his previous QB's sucked?

maven
08-10-2016, 11:39 PM
He should be regarded as a failed first round prospect and decent career backup ala Tommy Maddox.

So what business does he have starting the opener?

strafen
08-10-2016, 11:44 PM
Id rather Kubes find whatever bar Orton is poling skanks in and bring his ass back to Denver than ever see Siemian start for us.
Orton sucks, if you think Sanchez is bad, Kyle Orton is even worse, that piece of **** should've never worn a Broncos uniform, he was a disgrace.

USMCBladerunner
08-10-2016, 11:51 PM
That list is pretty good actually. We are the suck at QB right now.

MamaMia
08-11-2016, 04:12 AM
Orton sucks, if you think Sanchez is bad, Kyle Orton is even worse, that piece of **** should've never worn a Broncos uniform, he was a disgrace.

Orton wasn't a bad thrower, but he was so weak in the pocket. He was just too soft for football.

DENVERDUI55
08-11-2016, 07:09 AM

Agreed. Why does Sanchez deserve respect.

Powderaddict
08-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Sanchez sucks, but I can still hope he turns his career around enough to hold down the fort for a season, or untill Lynch is ready to go.

I don't hold out much hope. Maybe if the OL can get a decent running game going, it wont rest on Sanchez's shoulders to win games. Just make a few first downs, hold the ball and milk the clock, get a fg or td here and there, don't turn over the ball (my biggest worry with Sanchez). Let Defense win the game.

The defense is up for it, as long as the offense doesn't continually put the D in bad situations.

Old Coyote
08-11-2016, 11:35 AM
I still think RG3 is worse.
I'd rather have Sanchez than Ponder or Kraperstink with his new aids victim look.
One must remember that we were digging in the bottom of a kaka barrel looking for a gem stone. Manning might have been beaten up, but he was a diamond.
Sanchez just needs to be quartz.

We shall see. I bet he ends up around 25 or so when it is all said and done if he wins the starting job.

Here's to hoping our young guys make it all a what if......

maggnus
08-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Sanchez is ranked too high... lol

+1

Smiling Assassin27
08-11-2016, 11:49 AM
And to think, for just $72,000,000.00, we could move up to this gem:

"27. Don’t get too bummed out by this ranking, Texans fans. Osweiler is the best quarterback Houston has had a while. The former Bronco is smooth in the pocket and can execute basic reads. His accuracy is a major issue, and his problems stem from poor lower body mechanics and a wonky release. Bill O’Brien has a well-earned reputation as a quarterback whisperer and should be able to iron out those issues."

So O'Brien's a qb whisperer and can fix Brosweiler but Kubiak's not and can't. Got it. :giggle:

fontaine
08-11-2016, 12:22 PM
In the regular season the first time a defense loads up with wide 9 edge rushers to clamp down on the ZBS, then puts Sanchez in 3rd and long with changing their coverage post snap will be when we realize Sanchez was never going to succeed.

The OL better watch their backs, or butts.

DENVERDUI55
08-11-2016, 12:36 PM
In the regular season the first time a defense loads up with wide 9 edge rushers to clamp down on the ZBS, then puts Sanchez in 3rd and long with changing their coverage post snap will be when we realize Sanchez was never going to succeed.

The OL better watch their backs, or butts.

That will happen week 1. Sanchez had some pretty good OL in NY and still played like dung in those situations.

Agamemnon
08-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Sanchez isn't going start much if at all for the Broncos.

DENVERDUI55
08-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Sanchez isn't going start much if at all for the Broncos.

I wish it was a fact and not just a guess.

BroncoBeavis
08-11-2016, 12:48 PM
So O'Brien's a qb whisperer and can fix Brosweiler but Kubiak's not and can't. Got it. :giggle:

Brosef's green is inexperience. Dirty's green is mold.

Bronx33
08-11-2016, 12:48 PM
I am not judging sanchez until regular ..

Agamemnon
08-11-2016, 12:51 PM
I wish it was a fact and not just a guess.

It is a fact that he sucks so it's an educated guess.

broncocalijohn
08-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Why I wanted Kaepernick. Maybe 49ers were really hard balling us for more and it backfired or they really thought he was worth what they were asking but I guarantee you he would have been a much better fit. I doubt no one would have us below 10 wins with Ksep.

Agamemnon
08-11-2016, 12:54 PM
I am not judging sanchez until regular ..

A bunch of picks in the preseason wouldn't count in your eyes?

Agamemnon
08-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Why I wanted Kaepernick. Maybe 49ers were really hard balling us for more and it backfired or they really thought he was worth what they were asking but I guarantee you he would have been a much better fit. I doubt no one would have us below 10 wins with Ksep.

Huh? Kaep is well below average.

Bronx33
08-11-2016, 12:57 PM
A bunch of picks in the preseason wouldn't count in your eyes?

It doesn't count so why would it.

broncocalijohn
08-11-2016, 02:01 PM
Huh? Kaep is well below average.

Don't believe that and compared to Sanchez, it would be anupgrade.

broncocalijohn
08-11-2016, 02:07 PM
It doesn't count so why would it.

So Sanchez gets a mulligan from you because he isn't really trying real game situations and we already know he has been a stud throughout his career?

TD kicked as in preseason back in the mid 90s but since those games did not count, why have him be a starter even though he killed it.

fontaine
08-11-2016, 04:18 PM
That will happen week 1. Sanchez had some pretty good OL in NY and still played like dung in those situations.

It's just too easy for defenses with Sanchez. Use wider edge rushers to clamp down on the outside zone plays, fill in the inside backers to contain the inside zone and lock Sanchez into 2nd/3rd and long because no DC in his right mind respects his intermediate/long ball game.

And when it is 2nd/3rd and long watch Sanchez get happy feet and crumble like a house of cards when they take away his primary read by disguising/rolling their coverages.

We have no counter to that because of our QB. I can't wait for Sanchez to get benched. The best hope I have for him is to ride the pine, say all the right things then kick his a$$ out of Denver and hope some one signs so we get that comp pick.

fontaine
08-11-2016, 04:21 PM

Only if Kubiak/Elway were ok with running an option read offense where if you primary read isn't there then you just take off. Limit the pass concepts to half field reads and pray to the gods that Kaep doesn't get hurt running around because Siemian/Lynch can't run that offense.

Clearly they didn't really want that kind of offense.