PDA

View Full Version : First depth chart released

Brohemoth
08-08-2016, 08:26 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/assets/docs/2016/160808_depth_chart.pdf

http://www.denverbroncos.com/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/384/depth_chart_preseason1.jpg

Sanchez and Siemian are both #1. Two-quarterback formations? :ouwknow:

SoCalBronco
08-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Scribe NERVOUS

@SHOOKScribe

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Naw, Shook Agamemnon looking at that RB depth chart.

Though considering how quiet it was about Heuerman it is surprising to see him tied with Green for #1 TE.

SleepingTiger
08-08-2016, 09:02 AM
I haven't been following training camp much.

I was looking forward to Dillon Day taking over center, but he is 3rd on the depth chart. Has he been sucking?

Has Latimer been getting better? Looks like he is 4th on the depth chart.

Why is Kapri Bibbs so low on the depth chart? I read somewhere he had the best vision.

Gort
08-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Why is Kapri Bibbs so low on the depth chart? I read somewhere he had the best vision.

my guess is because he still has PS eligibility.

however, if you believe Cecil Lammey, he won't clear waivers.

he's a longshot to make the club. he's not a special teams contributor and his pass blocking is believed to be suspect. supposedly there are 4 or 5 teams waiting to claim him off waivers if the Broncos try to hide him on the PS this season. he's got to beat Hillman head to head for that final spot or he'll be playing somewhere else in 2016.

CEH
08-08-2016, 09:08 AM
TE tie with Huermann and Virgil Green

HorseHead
08-08-2016, 09:09 AM
Offensive line depth looks a little concerning. I know, I know, but what about last year?

MileHighMagic
08-08-2016, 09:11 AM
I love hearing and seeing Denver media and Siemian-haters squirm. Just wait until Sanchez goes full Sanchez on Thursday & Trevor lights it up. My chub might reach levels I haven't experienced since I was sixteen.

4Horsemen
08-08-2016, 09:12 AM
sometimes these charts are put out to push players. just saying.

yerner
08-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Don't they keep 4 rb's? I figure Thompson is the one to go if Bibbs can play his special teams role. I guess he gives a bit more versatility than Hillman, but he freaking sucks at running back.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Sunshine!

ColoradoDarin
08-08-2016, 09:33 AM
I love hearing and seeing Denver media and Siemian-haters squirm. Just wait until Sanchez goes full Sanchez on Thursday & Trevor lights it up. My chub might reach levels I haven't experienced since I was sixteen.

I had that in Feb with the SB 50 win, but to each his own.....

MileHighMagic
08-08-2016, 09:35 AM
I had that in Feb with the SB 50 win, but to each his own.....

Are you implying I didn't? Every hardcore Broncos fan did.

ColoradoDarin
08-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Are you implying I didn't? Every hardcore Broncos fan did.

I didn't, you did.

Unless you were 16 this last Feb...?

The.Underdog
08-08-2016, 09:39 AM
Connor Mcgovern 4th string? Uh Oh
Schofield Starting? Uh Oh

SoCalBronco
08-08-2016, 09:45 AM

Though considering how quiet it was about Heuerman it is surprising to see him tied with Green for #1 TE.

Yeah im very surprised about Heuerman too.

@SHOOKSoCal

gunns
08-08-2016, 10:15 AM
It's the first chart. Agree that's it done to push some players, particularly Sanchez.

orinjkrush
08-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Schofield Starting? Uh Oh

This!

Requiem
08-08-2016, 10:40 AM
SHOOKMANE.

broncocalijohn
08-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Sunshine!

3rd on the chart. He will be moving up and remind us all of McCaffrey.

For all those that want Hillman gone, looks like he is where he was last season.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
08-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Man, our overall team depth looks pretty rough, mainly on the offensive side. Hope we unearth some diamonds in the preseason.

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 11:20 AM
I need Dennison to pull a Wade and coach those mother****ers up to greatness.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 11:22 AM
3rd on the chart. He will be moving up and remind us all of McCaffrey.

For all those that want Hillman gone, looks like he is where he was last season.

Meanwhile Cito thinks he will barely make someone else's practice squad. Hilarious!

itswutz4dinna
08-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Good lord Hillman. I think I speak for many people when I say that he's the Siemian to my Scribe. Except there's a legitimate reason to hate him because he sucks and makes the Broncos worse than they would be if they just carried 52 players.

Any independently wealthy Maners out there that can help the team out by paying this guy an exorbitant amount of money to retire?

Cito Pelon
08-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Meanwhile Cito thinks he will barely make someone else's practice squad. Hilarious!

Meh, we'll have to see how Sunshine does when things get really physical. That's a skinny guy, and again there's four guys clearly ahead of him, Norwood probably ahead for the fifth spot because he plays ST's. Then, they have Kalif Raymond as Norwood's backup as PR and KR. There's only so many slots available.

Cito Pelon
08-08-2016, 12:07 PM
So Sanchez has thrown a pick six in four consecutive practices? Is that right?

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Good lord Hillman. I think I speak for many people when I say that he's the Siemian to my Scribe. Except there's a legitimate reason to hate him because he sucks and makes the Broncos worse than they would be if they just carried 52 players.

Any independently wealthy Maners out there that can help the team out by paying this guy an exorbitant amount of money to retire?

So that's what it is now to dislike a player? To Scribe? Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
08-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Man, our overall team depth looks pretty rough, mainly on the offensive side. Hope we unearth some diamonds in the preseason.

OL/QB is the worry for depth, every other position on the offense (and defense) has great depth. OL, Kubiak & Co haven't been able to get anything cohesive going from the getgo. Polumbus was on 104.3 saying he likes the Okung and Stephenson combo at OT.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Meh, we'll have to see how Sunshine does when things get really physical. That's a skinny guy, and again there's four guys clearly ahead of him, Norwood probably ahead for the fifth spot because he plays ST's. Then, they have Kalif Raymond as Norwood's backup as PR and KR. There's only so many slots available.

Ya anything can happen. But coaches putting Taylor on returns in practice shows their minds are at least thinking about using a roster spot on him. If he shows promise on returns that's a wrap.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 12:24 PM
OL/QB is the worry for depth, every other position on the offense (and defense) has great depth. OL, Kubiak & Co haven't been able to get anything cohesive going from the getgo. Polumbus was on 104.3 saying he likes the Okung and Stephenson combo at OT.

I wouldn't say QB is bad depth wise cause Sanchez Siemian and Lynch all make good back up/3rd QBs. It's the starting position that's the problem. You're right about the OL depth and I'd even put in TE. When Huerman is your starter that means some thin depth there.

KipCorrington25
08-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Polumbus was on 104.3 saying he likes the Okung and Stephenson combo at OT.

That's really going out on a limb, does he also like the Sanders/Thomas combo at WR and the Miller/Ware combo at OLB?

Agamemnon
08-08-2016, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't say QB is bad depth wise cause Sanchez Siemian and Lynch all make good back up/3rd QBs. It's the starting position that's the problem. You're right about the OL depth and I'd even put in TE. When Huerman is your starter that means some thin depth there.

TE seems the same as QB to me. Good depth no real starter.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 12:38 PM

Ya you're right. Hopefully Heuerman can stay healthy. I'm wishing for a Barnridge type surprise with him. But I think that's a big wish.

Cito Pelon
08-08-2016, 12:41 PM

Strange Heureman is listed as / with Green, he even gets the alphabetical nod. 104.3 guys like Green and Garret Graham over Heureman, so maybe that's a good thing that the three TE's are close in talent.

As pointed out many times, these poor slobs on O are practicing against a superb defense, the defense may even be hindering the O's progress.

Kaylore
08-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Is there a bet going on with Scribe and Socal?

They are going to give the starting job to Sanchez regardless of how well Siemian plays outside of Sanchez throwing a pick six every pass in the preseason.

By the way, Sanchez took a knee during a hurry up drill on fourth down today in camp.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Strange Heureman is listed as / with Green, he even gets the alphabetical nod. 104.3 guys like Green and Garret Graham over Heureman, so maybe that's a good thing that the three TE's are close in talent.

As pointed out many times, these poor slobs on O are practicing against a superb defense, the defense may even be hindering the O's progress.

Offense looked this way last year too. I remember the offense went a huge stretch near the beginning of the year without a TD. That's against good and bad defenses. This is a different offense so we will see.

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 12:57 PM

They are going to give the starting job to Sanchez regardless of how well Siemian plays outside of Sanchez throwing a pick six every pass in the preseason.

By the way, Sanchez took a knee during a hurry up drill on fourth down today in camp.

No bet, SoCal is giving me grief for celebrating Siemian's demise far too early.
But in fairness to me, the statistical probability of Sanchez being such a bitch was so minute that it would seem impossible.

ZONA
08-08-2016, 01:01 PM
All the Hillman haters here crack me up on your horrible understanding of that position. Take a better look and stop being sheep just because 1 other person cries out how bad he sucks. First off, AP would have had a brutal time running behind that line last year, and with the horrid QB play, that was only making the box that much harder to block and get open lanes in. I saw Hillman make several really good plays last year. He doesn't fumble, he's decent at picking up blitz. He's still got home run ability. There's a reason why Elway brought him back and there's a reason why Kubes has him 2nd. With some better blocking, I fully expect him to shine. I'm not saying he's a stud, but he's nowhere near as close to bad as some people around here think.

MileHighMagic
08-08-2016, 01:02 PM

I have a bet with a couple people Siemian will start Thursday's opener vs Carolina.

No one is being "given" the job, especially not Sanchez. How can people continue to think this? You honestly believe if Sanchez gets outplayed but doesn't turn it over, which he always does, Kubes will still go with Sanchez? Why, because he's a vet that has played ten games in the last three years and is a good cheerleader?

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 01:02 PM
All the Hillman haters here crack me up on your horrible understanding of that position. Take a better look and stop being sheep just because 1 other person cries out how bad he sucks. First off, AP would have had a brutal time running behind that line last year, and with the horrid QB play, that was only making the box that much harder to block and get open lanes in. I saw Hillman make several really good plays last year. He doesn't fumble, he's decent at picking up blitz. He's still got home run ability. There's a reason why Elway brought him back and there's a reason why Kubes has him 2nd. With some better blocking, I fully expect him to shine. I'm not saying he's a stud, but he's nowhere near as close to bad as some people around here think.

You thought Tony Carter was a good CB didn't you?

Agamemnon
08-08-2016, 01:04 PM
No bet, SoCal is giving me grief for celebrating Siemian's demise far too early.
But in fairness to me, the statistical probability of Sanchez being such a b**** was so minute that it would seem impossible.

It's like you never watched him play.

Agamemnon
08-08-2016, 01:06 PM

If that was the case he would've been listed as the clear #1.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 01:25 PM

There were several examples of the offense moving down the field with CJ. Once he left the field Hillman help stalling those drives whether it was failed runs or missed blocks. running sideways and backwards in redzones doesn't get it done.

Still waiting for him to shine after all these years? Sorry he's below avg and could be easily replaced. No one on the market even wanted him.

broncocalijohn
08-08-2016, 01:26 PM

Makes Owen Daniels look like a complete stud from last season.

Kaylore
08-08-2016, 01:26 PM
The Broncos having them both at 1 and 1 shows first they don't want to give opponents an advantage, but mostly they want to keep pushing Sanchez.

I believe Sanchez will start Monday Night even if he's being outplayed by Siemian. The coaching staff wants Sanchez to be the starter because he has experience. Siemian hasn't played more than a kneel down in a real game and the coaching staffs of the NFL ALWAYS put experience, especially at leadership positions, ahead of better play unless the younger player is a high draft pick. As the future is set for Lynch and not Siemian, they aren't married to him, so they're going to lean on Sanchez and give him every opportunity to get better.

I believe Sanchez will continue to play average with moments of WTF, but as long as the interval between those moments is relatively long, he will start against the Panthers. Siemian will have fewer of those moments, and likely continue to outplay Sanchez overall, but it will be marginally so, likely barely more completions, yards per attempt, etc. And so because the players will "feel more comfortable with his experience under center" going against the Panthers, because players are surprisingly blind to their own QB's failings, they'll throw Sanchez to the wolves for at least the first few games.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 01:28 PM
The Broncos having them both at 1 and 1 shows first they don't want to give opponents an advantage, but mostly they want to keep pushing Sanchez.

I believe Sanchez will start Monday Night even if he's being outplayed by Siemian. The coaching staff wants Sanchez to be the starter because he has experience. Siemian hasn't played more than a kneel down in a real game and the coaching staffs of the NFL ALWAYS put experience, especially at leadership positions, ahead of better play unless the younger player is a high draft pick. As the future is set for Lynch and not Siemian, they aren't married to him, so they're going to lean on Sanchez and give him every opportunity to get better.

I believe Sanchez will continue to play average with moments of WTF, but as long as the interval between those moments is relatively long, he will start against the Panthers. Siemian will have fewer of those moments, and likely continue to outplay Sanchez overall, but it will be marginally so, likely barely more completions, yards per attempt, etc. And so because the players will "feel more comfortable with his experience under center" going against the Panthers, because players are surprisingly blind to their own QB's failings, they'll throw Sanchez to the wolves for at least the first few games.

The hardest part of the schedule is the 1st 3 games IMO. If Sanchez leads an 0-3 start it will be hard to climb out of that hole with a rookie and 7th rounder.

broncocalijohn
08-08-2016, 01:31 PM
There were several examples of the offense moving down the field with CJ. Once he left the field Hillman help stalling those drives whether it was failed runs or missed blocks. running sideways and backwards in redzones doesn't get it done.

Still waiting for him to shine after all these years? Sorry he's below avg and could be easily replaced. No one on the market even wanted him.

Please show us where you criticize CJ for always coming off the field. Why were there times CJ was off the field for extended part of a game? Still out of breath or Hillman doing a better job at pass blocking? There is a reason he is still on the team. When CJ becomes that complete player, Hillman will be expendable Booker isn't there yet and who knows by the end of camp where the chips fall but Hillman doesn't have photos of Elway or Kubiak in an uncompromising position. Those that butch about Hillman should then be doing the same on CJ.

Whatever happens in TC and press games will work itself out and hopefully all are on board.

Requiem
08-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Broncos future needs: OT, OG, TE, NT, DE (long-term since Crick is a rental, Gotsis uknown, Walker is FA). I'd like to see them build in the trenches and get a top-flight TE in next years draft. We should have 5 selections, if MJ and BO get us 3rd Round Comps in the Top 100.

Wade has been able to plug and play "trash" at ILB and get results. Would be nice to get someone on there who has a four-year rookie deal and good potential. That can be a fourth-round pick.

Get special teams bodies with upside and potential thereafter. This is probably Hillman's last year with the squad so a runner to replace his skill set would be nice to have in the fifth-round or later.

If Sanders leaves in FA, WR does become a priority, despite having some interesting UDFA guys on the roster. Fowler, Taylor, etc. are ERFA type guys, but we need someone who can be premier in the slot and make up for what ES can do on the field.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
08-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Please show us where you criticize CJ for always coming off the field. Why were there times CJ was off the field for extended part of a game? Still out of breath or Hillman doing a better job at pass blocking? There is a reason he is still on the team. When CJ becomes that complete player, Hillman will be expendable Booker isn't there yet and who knows by the end of camp where the chips fall but Hillman doesn't have photos of Elway or Kubiak in an uncompromising position. Those that butch about Hillman should then be doing the same on CJ.

Whatever happens in TC and press games will work itself out and hopefully all are on board.

Game threads. Every week someone cringed whenever CJ threw that hand up cause more times than not it stalled out. That could be Kubiaks bad redzone reputation but I saw multiple times Hillman chose the wrong lane or missed a block down there.

Also pop warner teaches you to always go for the ball when it could be considered a lateral. It's inexcusable to throw your hands up looking at Studes on the sidelines while a defender runs for the ball and picks it up. That play ended whatever wishes I had for hillman. The year he was supposed to grab the reigns and show he can be a viable option he started that season being benched for off field BS. Not a good way to start a make or break season. He's here because he's cheap and knows Kubiaks system. Booker will only need a few more weeks to solidify the RB2.

Kubiaks offense lifts avg RBs into being good. Plenty of RBs have. Havent seen it in Hillman yet.

Cito Pelon
08-08-2016, 01:44 PM

Have to see preseason production.

MileHighMagic
08-08-2016, 01:45 PM

Believe what you want. The staff will play the best player that gives us the best chance to win. To say that experience trumps what happens on the field is ridiculous! The player most deserving of the starting job will win it, and that's the way it should be at every position. Also, the future is far from set. Lynch isn't destined to be the guy. You all get too hung up on where a guy gets selected in the draft and what they're supposed to be.

Cito Pelon
08-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Broncos future needs: OT, OG, TE, NT, DE (long-term since Crick is a rental, Gotsis uknown, Walker is FA). I'd like to see them build in the trenches and get a top-flight TE in next years draft. We should have 5 selections, if MJ and BO get us 3rd Round Comps in the Top 100.

Wade has been able to plug and play "trash" at ILB and get results. Would be nice to get someone on there who has a four-year rookie deal and good potential. That can be a fourth-round pick.

Get special teams bodies with upside and potential thereafter. This is probably Hillman's last year with the squad so a runner to replace his skill set would be nice to have in the fifth-round or later.

If Sanders leaves in FA, WR does become a priority, despite having some interesting UDFA guys on the roster. Fowler, Taylor, etc. are ERFA type guys, but we need someone who can be premier in the slot and make up for what ES can do on the field.

What I would like to see is a kick returner. Doesn't seem to be a priority with Elway or the coaching staff. Denver has had some of the worst return numbers in the NFL for many years. Last year they were awful. Doesn't appear to be a big deal for either Elway or Kubiak.

ZONA
08-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Believe what you want. The staff will play the best player that gives us the best chance to win. To say that experience trumps what happens on the field is ridiculous! The player most deserving of the starting job will win it, and that's the way it should be at every position. Also, the future is far from set. Lynch isn't destined to be the guy. You all get too hung up on where a guy gets selected in the draft and what they're supposed to be.

We see examples of this everywhere with backup players excelling on the field and becoming starters. I don't think anybody is suggesting somebody who is out playing a player higher up the depth chart will sit just because they're lower on the depth chart. But I agree with you that I don't think they care or have a preference of who 'should be' the starter based on anything, including draft position or experience. If you go out on that field and play better then the other person(s) at your position you will earn more playing time. The coaches have already said that the preseason will help determine who is the regular season starter, at several positions, including QB. So yeah, if Siemian goes out there and light it up and Sanchez sucks it up, they're not going to continue keeping Sanchez as the starter. As for these QB's go, I don't think they have a preference right now. They just want somebody to separate themselves from the others at this point. I believe though, Sanchez is listed as the starter because he is experienced. But that could quickly change based on play during the preseason games. Maybe not the first game. Typically you just don't see starters on the field that much in PSG1.

ZONA
08-08-2016, 01:58 PM
What I would like to see is a kick returner. Doesn't seem to be a priority with Elway or the coaching staff. Denver has had some of the worst return numbers in the NFL for many years. Last year they were awful. Doesn't appear to be a big deal for either Elway or Kubiak.

I know. You would think with a great defense and a 'safe' offense, those return yards would be a high priority. A great way to get this offense into scoring position, especially when you have a good kicker. A great returner can take a ton of pressure off the offense.

Requiem
08-08-2016, 01:59 PM

I would like to see an improvement there as well. A few of the undrafted receivers they brought in could be very good returners at the NFL level.

ColoradoDarin
08-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Makes Owen Daniels look like a complete stud from last season.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/peyton-manning-to-owen-daniels-against-patriots.gif?w=1000

LikeABoss5820
08-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Defensive depth chart, pants off.

Offensive depth chart is umm offensive.

Kaylore
08-08-2016, 02:56 PM

I don't know who you're addressing with this since much of what you said doesn't apply to me. FWIW, I don't agree with this, I just think that's what the staff will do. They'll have pressure on them from the players to play the guy the players want. Kubiak saw firsthand how disappointed the team was with Shanahan picking Griese over Brister despite the latter being thoroughly outplayed in preseason. The players didn't care. Brister was their guy and it created a negative impact when Shanahan went the other way.

I don't think they should go with Sanchez, but I believe they absolutely will. I think they're doing everything they can to make Sanchez appear better than he is and are trying to get the competition of Siemian to push Mark. It won't because like Cutler, Mark isn't going to get better. He is what he is at this point. But coaches believe they can fix everyone and so here we are.

Doggcow
08-08-2016, 03:01 PM
I didn't, you did.

Unless you were 16 this last Feb...?

lol

BroncoMan4ever
08-08-2016, 03:04 PM

I'm thinking it's more indicative of the plan to be in more 2 TE formations than Heuerman being that good.

Doggcow
08-08-2016, 03:15 PM
Anyone else pulling for Krieger-Coble on name alone?

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm thinking it's more indicative of the plan to be in more 2 TE formations than Heuerman being that good.

I agree but I am holding out hope that he is actually improving because he was a complete WTF pick to me.

It's like you never watched him play.

In theory, he couldn't be that stupid.

I agree but my God, the knee play and then the comment on the pick sixes makes me double a quad take and wonder wtf is wrong with him.

Kaylore
08-08-2016, 05:04 PM
I agree but I am holding out hope that he is actually improving because he was a complete WTF pick to me.

In theory, he couldn't be that stupid.

I agree but my God, the knee play and then the comment on the pick sixes makes me double a quad take and wonder wtf is wrong with him.

Hopefully Sanchez's short time with the team, and Siemian being the lone Manning-protege' on the team and having had a year of experience with the team, will give Trevor an edge with the teammates. It's just hard because by all accounts he's Milquetoast in the huddle and the team - especially the receivers - seem to like Sanchez a lot more.

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 05:24 PM
Hopefully Sanchez's short time with the team, and Siemian being the lone Manning-protege' on the team and having had a year of experience with the team, will give Trevor an edge with the teammates. It's just hard because by all accounts he's Milquetoast in the huddle and the team - especially the receivers - seem to like Sanchez a lot more.

The players on offense have always responded well to QB's who are fiery and take charge.
Sanchez did that coming in with his approach. Manning did it when he was here and even Tebow did it some when he was playing.

Aztec Bronco
08-08-2016, 05:30 PM
The prospect of Sanchez starting with the way he's looked in camp is pretty scary. I know we got away with Peyton being a turnover machine last year, but that is so rare it's a near certainty that you can't count on that formula working in consecutive seasons. We can win the same type of games as last year if the offense doesn't turn the ball over much. But odds are a few games last year where the offense seemed to blow it and the team still pulled rabbits out of their asses to win will end up being double-digit losses this time around. And that says nothing about the talent or coaching on the team, it's just that getting breaks like that is totally unsustainable.

Agamemnon
08-08-2016, 05:39 PM
The prospect of Sanchez starting with the way he's looked in camp is pretty scary. I know we got away with Peyton being a turnover machine last year, but that is so rare it's a near certainty that you can't count on that formula working in consecutive seasons. We can win the same type of games as last year if the offense doesn't turn the ball over much. But odds are a few games last year where the offense seemed to blow it and the team still pulled rabbits out of their asses to win will end up being double-digit losses this time around. And that says nothing about the talent or coaching on the team, it's just that getting breaks like that is totally unsustainable.

100% pure truth right here. We need a game manager who doesn't turn it over. That is not Sanchez. It might be Siemian. I'll go with the option that has the potential to not suck ass, thank you.

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 05:40 PM
100% pure truth right here. We need a game manager who doesn't turn it over. That is not Sanchez. It might be Siemian. I'll go with the option that has the potential to not suck ass, thank you.

There's always a chance Kaep gets cut. :)

Agamemnon
08-08-2016, 05:41 PM

After the guy inexplicably kneeled with no timeouts and killed a drive, I'm going to venture that not many teammates are big fans anymore. That's the kind of play where whole rosters turn on a guy.

Agamemnon
08-08-2016, 05:43 PM
There's always a chance Kaep gets cut. :)

So, on top of not watching Sanchez play, you've also not seen Kaepernick play? :P

IndelibleScribe
08-08-2016, 05:55 PM
So, on top of not watching Sanchez play, you've also not seen Kaepernick play? :P

Hilarious! Hey, it could happen.

Kaylore
08-08-2016, 07:12 PM
After the guy inexplicably kneeled with no timeouts and killed a drive, I'm going to venture that not many teammates are big fans anymore. That's the kind of play where whole rosters turn on a guy.

During a WALKTHROUGH! HALF SPEED! The defense celebrated a walkthrough kneel down. Alfred Williams said he's never seen that. So I think there is more than hope that event alone will make things shift significantly.

Gort
08-08-2016, 08:24 PM

are you off your meds again?

i take everything i hear on 104.3 with a HUGE grain of salt. that whole channel is full of drama queens and SJWs and without constant controversy, they'd have nothing to prattle on about 24/7. this holds especially true for that effeminate dwarf known as d-bag.

pricejj
08-08-2016, 11:13 PM
I don't know who you're addressing with this since much of what you said doesn't apply to me. FWIW, I don't agree with this, I just think that's what the staff will do. They'll have pressure on them from the players to play the guy the players want. Kubiak saw firsthand how disappointed the team was with Shanahan picking Griese over Brister despite the latter being thoroughly outplayed in preseason. The players didn't care. Brister was their guy and it created a negative impact when Shanahan went the other way.

I don't think they should go with Sanchez, but I believe they absolutely will. I think they're doing everything they can to make Sanchez appear better than he is and are trying to get the competition of Siemian to push Mark. It won't because like Cutler, Mark isn't going to get better. He is what he is at this point. But coaches believe they can fix everyone and so here we are.

Starting Siemian would create a weird scenario where the guy you are trying to get ready as quick as possible (Lynch) is getting ZERO in season reps, and the guy we want to be long-term backup (Siemian) is getting all the in season reps and game experience. Siemian would obviously progress at a much faster rate than Lynch

That's exactly why Osweiler didn't progress AT ALL until his 4th training camp when when they sat Manning down on Wednesdays.

Whatever happens, it's going to be really weird.

pricejj
08-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Then what happens in 2017? If they start Siemian this year, you would have to think he's going to look worlds better than Lynch in 2017 due to having so much experience. It'll be Siemian's 3rd year in the system. His break-out year.

Their only hope is for Siemian and Sanchez to be just good enough to make it to the middle of the 2016 season, then for both to completely implode in time to get Lynch ready to ball out in 2017.

Maybe that's the plan with Schofield. He's the secret weapon that will get Sanchez/Siemian crippled just like he did last year with Manning/Osweiler.

broncocalijohn
08-09-2016, 12:03 AM
Anyone else pulling for Krieger-Coble on name alone?

Can him and one more so we can bring in the 2 Germans Butt Fuchs .

BroncoBuff
08-09-2016, 12:11 AM

Even worse, he's behind two undrafted rookies, one of whom - Carlson - was already waived by the Titans.

Agamemnon
08-09-2016, 04:47 AM
are you off your meds again?

i take everything i hear on 104.3 with a HUGE grain of salt. that whole channel is full of drama queens and SJWs and without constant controversy, they'd have nothing to prattle on about 24/7. this holds especially true for that effeminate dwarf known as d-bag.

WTF are you babbling about?

fontaine
08-09-2016, 06:40 AM
Starting Siemian would create a weird scenario where the guy you are trying to get ready as quick as possible (Lynch) is getting ZERO in season reps, and the guy we want to be long-term backup (Siemian) is getting all the in season reps and game experience. Siemian would obviously progress at a much faster rate than Lynch

That's exactly why Osweiler didn't progress AT ALL until his 4th training camp when when they sat Manning down on Wednesdays.

Whatever happens, it's going to be really weird.

I think you're over complicating this.

Siemian is still progressing and getting better (unlike Sanchez). The coaches need to find out how much he can progress (i.e. be an aggressive/accurate intermediate thrower) and where he hits his ceiling.

Lynch still has a lot of things to consistently do better like footwork, going in and out of the huddle, verbiage, progression/coverage reads and you can work on and show those things running the scout team during the season.

ZONA
08-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Well, the Kenny Anunike experiment is over..........moving on.

Gutless Drunk
09-04-2016, 08:01 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrhJhWEUkAAHZVE.jpg

LikeABoss5820
09-04-2016, 08:09 AM
Interesting Scho is RG and Ty is the 3rd T, at least initially.

yerner
09-04-2016, 08:14 AM
how can heuerman be the number 2 tight end? he's the worst player the denver broncos ever drafted. the worst player in nfl history.

Endzo
09-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Gone are the days of schofield at tackle? Praise be to the football gods.

Also, McGovern on the rise!

OMAHA HA
09-04-2016, 08:26 AM
Need to bring in sitton and have schofield kick rocks !

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-04-2016, 08:29 AM
All the Hillman haters here crack me up on your horrible understanding of that position. Take a better look and stop being sheep just because 1 other person cries out how bad he sucks.First off, AP would have had a brutal time running behind that line last year, and with the horrid QB play, that was only making the box that much harder to block and get open lanes in. I saw Hillman make several really good plays last year. He doesn't fumble, he's decent at picking up blitz. He's still got home run ability. There's a reason why Elway brought him back and there's a reason why Kubes has him 2nd. With some better blocking, I fully expect him to shine. I'm not saying he's a stud, but he's nowhere near as close to bad as some people around here think.

Horrible understanding of the position? Stop being sheep?

wrong again.

LikeABoss5820
09-04-2016, 08:35 AM
how can heuerman be the number 2 tight end? he's the worst player the denver broncos ever drafted. the worst player in nfl history.

because John Phillips is all thats behind him.

TE depth is pretty bad though.

fontaine
09-04-2016, 08:46 AM
9-10 players entering their 2nd year of playing when the biggest improvement is made.

Can't wait to see how that pans out.

If even half of these guys make strides forward then we're going to be very formidable.

footstepsfrom#27
09-04-2016, 08:50 AM
:oyvey:how can heuerman be the number 2 tight end? he's the worst player the denver broncos ever drafted. the worst player in nfl history.
:unamused:

Gutless Drunk
09-04-2016, 09:01 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Latest Broncos depth chart has Lynch as #2 QB, Latimer as leading kick returner &amp; Sanders #2 on punt returns. <a href="https://t.co/7O36wdrH7r">pic.twitter.com/7O36wdrH7r</a></p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/772459271413899265">September 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DENVERDUI55
09-04-2016, 09:15 AM
I had a bad feeling we were going to still see #79 play a lot this year. That freaking sucks.

Bronx33
09-04-2016, 09:20 AM
thoughts on Doss...

R8R H8R
09-04-2016, 09:44 AM
I had a bad feeling we were going to still see #79 play a lot this year. That freaking sucks.

I thought Weems had the RG spot sewn up despite the concussion. Apparently, Schofield played well enough in the 3rd game to win the job; at least for now. All that said, I have a feeling he will make a much better G than T anyway. He'll get a good test on Thursday, so we'll see.

wolf754life
09-04-2016, 09:46 AM

this....:thumbs:

wolf754life
09-04-2016, 09:46 AM

cheap labor, have you seen how much coin our interior OL makes

its so bad

Atwater His Ass
09-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Disturbing that McGovern couldn't beat out Schofield.

Well at least at G Siemian will be able to see the defender before he gets blown up instead of being blinsided from the T spot.

What's Ty's status? Is he really just the backup T or is he still hurt?

socalorado
09-04-2016, 09:53 AM

Yeah, now that Slowman was kicked to the curb, Huermann is officially the worst current bronco on the roster to ever be drafted. Hilarious!

pricejj
09-04-2016, 10:13 AM
I thought Weems was starting RG against Carolina? What gives?

Rascal
09-04-2016, 10:23 AM
De depth scares me, but te/oline is just awful

LikeABoss5820
09-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Disturbing that McGovern couldn't beat out Schofield.

Well at least at G Siemian will be able to see the defender before he gets blown up instead of being blinsided from the T spot.

What's Ty's status? Is he really just the backup T or is he still hurt?

Ty got his brace off last week.

Schofield looks better at G than T but still isnt very good.

BroncoFox
09-04-2016, 12:27 PM

His breakout runs don't make up for all the stuffs. He doesn't bounce off tackles, he doesn't escape. Unless he hits a perfectly clean hole, he seems to go down very easily. He has been average for years now. Last year wasn't his only year.. his BEST average per game in his career here was I think 53 a game. He had two seasons in the 20s of yards per game.

He also seems to have a ho-hum attitude about it all. I've been here every year since his first, hoping he would get traded or cut. Finally! Maybe you saw something I didn't.. I just saw an average RB that had a few homerun plays, but a LOT more -2 and -3 plays that lead to punts.

DENVERDUI55
09-04-2016, 12:44 PM

Yet he was shopped and nobody wanted him. When he was a FA, nobody signed him and he was brought back and couldn't even win a 3rd string job.

Requiem
09-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Depth and quality at OL and TE is absolutely pitiful. Major focus in FA and the draft next year, as well as getting upgrades on the DL.

WoodMan
09-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Looking at the offensive sides new guys. Two tackles should be an upgrade. Two of three running backs should be a slight upgrade. Complete scrambled eggs at QB. Who knows? But to my point a new long snapper, new holder for a good place kicker might spell trouble in field goals and extra points. This worries me greatly. The punter I think will be fine once he settles down in his rookie campaign.

IndelibleScribe
09-04-2016, 04:04 PM
So we are going with Latimer for real on kick offs.

Agamemnon
09-04-2016, 04:22 PM
So we are going with Latimer for real on kick offs.

Given that there will be almost no returns all season, it doesn't really matter.

IndelibleScribe
09-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Given that there will be almost no returns all season, it doesn't really matter.

I was more along the lines of thinking about how valuable he is on special teams and hoping he does not get hurt on a return.

Tom Nalen
09-04-2016, 09:12 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/quiz/broncos_roster.html

kind of a fun to see how well you know the broncos!

retro
09-04-2016, 11:36 PM

This is one of the worst takes in Omane history. Hillman has very little wiggle. For a player his size his side to side quickness is plodding. He rarely breaks a tackle or uses a football move to make someone miss. He's a straight ahead runner even when he goes outside. Very little wiggle. Hillman might not even be in the NFL much longer because he doesn't play special teams well. Bkup players need to play special teams.

The fact is the Broncos have been talent poor at the RB spot for a few years now. Hillman stuck around because the backs overall were avg at best.

Also Hillman has poor hands out of the backfield. Never liked his hands.

Agamemnon
09-04-2016, 11:40 PM
I was more along the lines of thinking about how valuable he is on special teams and hoping he does not get hurt on a return.

In which case my post still applies.

ZONA
09-04-2016, 11:51 PM
This is one of the worst takes in Omane history. Hillman has very little wiggle. For a player his size his side to side quickness is plodding. He rarely breaks a tackle or uses a football move to make someone miss. He's a straight ahead runner even when he goes outside. Very little wiggle. Hillman might not even be in the NFL much longer because he doesn't play special teams well. Bkup players need to play special teams.

The fact is the Broncos have been talent poor at the RB spot for a few years now. Hillman stuck around because the backs overall were avg at best.

Also Hillman has poor hands out of the backfield. Never liked his hands.

Oh yeah, one of the worst ever in Mane history. Could you raise the level of drama queen just a little higher there, LMAO. You're a fool if you think the poor running performance is all on the runners and none on the OL. But yeah, they drafted Booker and that sealed the deal. Just because Bibbs was kept and Hilman wasn't doesn't mean they think Bibbs is a better runner. It's because he's willing to play ST's. But I don't care anymore, we got who we got and I'm gonna support the 53 we have.

IndelibleScribe
09-05-2016, 12:01 AM
In which case my post still applies.

I was merely correcting the assumption that I was questioning the potential ability of him to be a quality return man.

uplink
09-06-2016, 08:45 AM
The broncos reversed course and cut a guy last year because he broke the rules by tweeting that he made the team. I wonder if Hillman's tweet on cutdown day, which sort of implied he made the team, was a factor.

I'm still not impressed with Bibbs, probably should have kept Hillman IMO.

IndelibleScribe
09-06-2016, 09:39 AM
The broncos reversed course and cut a guy last year because he broke the rules by tweeting that he made the team. I wonder if Hillman's tweet on cutdown day, which sort of implied he made the team, was a factor.

I'm still not impressed with Bibbs, probably should have kept Hillman IMO.

Who was that?

mhgaffney
09-06-2016, 10:26 AM
From the roster - the Broncos are a very young team. Ware is the oldest player at 34. Talib is 30. The rest are just kids -- in their 20s.

Beantown Bronco
09-06-2016, 10:26 AM

The amount of injuries suffered by returners on special teams is greatly exaggerated. There's maybe one significant injury every 10 years league-wide.

IndelibleScribe
09-06-2016, 10:30 AM
The amount of injuries suffered by returners on special teams is greatly exaggerated. There's maybe one significant injury every 10 years league-wide.

Wasn't thinking about a "OMG it's Marc Mariani" type of injury. We don't need anything to slow him down or set him back in his development. He already got a little dinged in the PS with the leg or knee injury.

I was thinking more along the lines of a nagging high ankle sprain or something along those lines.

He is finally making progress and coming on, we need him healthy and productive.

Beantown Bronco
09-06-2016, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure where else we could find someone to duplicate Latimer's whole 8 receptions and 82 yds over the last 2 seasons combined.