PDA

View Full Version : D.J. Williams on why the Josh McDaniels era failed in Denve

Bronco Rob
07-21-2016, 01:21 PM
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ucAUq3cWYkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumbs:

Jason in LA
07-21-2016, 01:33 PM
This guy here made football miserable? Nobody wanted to run through a wall for him?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tkzALAmawfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blake Street Bomber
07-21-2016, 01:44 PM
You know what I find funny, there is a tiny group of Broncos fans that got disenfranchised by Josh McDaniels' firing and they stopped posting here afterwards LOL

This small group of idiots will defend McDaniels to no end too. It feels like they didn't enjoy the five AFC West titles, two AFC Championships and one Super Bowl title that the John Elway era brought. They just feel burned that McDaniels wasn't given more of a leash and they act offended when Broncos fans take shots at him.

They like his Patriot Way style more than Elway's modus operandi. It's really strange.

Blake Street Bomber
07-21-2016, 01:47 PM
These McDaniels homers will defend him and turn around and blast Mike Shanahan mercilessly. It's almost like the two Super Bowl championships don't matter either.

bronco militia
07-21-2016, 01:48 PM
You know what I find funny, there is a tiny group of Broncos fans that got disenfranchised by Josh McDaniels' firing and they stopped posting here afterwards LOL

This small group of idiots will defend McDaniels to no end too. It feels like they didn't enjoy the five AFC West titles, two AFC Championships and one Super Bowl title that the John Elway era brought. They just feel burned that McDaniels wasn't given more of a leash and they act offended when Broncos fans take shots at him.

They like his Patriot Way style more than Elway's modus operandi. It's really strange.

the broke, drunk, Alzheimer patient knew he was terrible.

Jason in LA
07-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Josh McDaniels led the Broncos to their worst period in the franchise history. It was really depressing.

Rabb
07-21-2016, 02:07 PM
Eh, it brought us Von...silver lining.

Kaylore
07-21-2016, 02:07 PM

There's always that. A lot of posters get more attached to players or coaches and so when they leave they stop supporting the team like they used to or just leave.

Part of it is they were only here for those people. And part is probably not being able to live with the shame of having supported a failure and having it thrown in their faces.

I try to root for whoever is a Bronco to do well. You can be critical of moves without hating on someone. It bothers me when posters don't like someone and then get so caught up in their hatred of a player or person they start rooting against their own team. That's ****ed up. I mean I can tolerate wanting to lose for better draft positioning, especially when you're out of the playoffs. But the whole "I hate this coach so I hope we lose all our games" is total bull****.

And same thing for "this player/coach is off the team so I hope the Broncos don't ever win anything again." - See Former Tebow fans who believed the Broncos would be cursed forever for letting him go.

I'll say this; Denver sure does a hell of a job bringing in players and coaches who evoke visceral reactions. If they are not going to evoke that then they leave. It's probably why Mark Sanchez will be here a few years at least based on just that.

qbronco
07-21-2016, 02:26 PM
I've been a fan of this team for nearly 50 years. The McDouchebag era was the only time I ever have questioned my fandom. He tried to bring his slimy Pats* ways to Denver. Lesson learned!

Jason in LA
07-21-2016, 02:32 PM
I've been a fan of this team for nearly 50 years. The McDouchebag era was the only time I ever have questioned my fandom. He tried to bring his slimy Pats* ways to Denver. Lesson learned!

I've been a fan since '87, and that was by far the worst I've ever seen the team. There were some bad years, mostly due to injuries, and a few where they under achieved and missed the playoffs. But the Broncos had never had a 13-loss season until McDaniels showed up. They had never been bottom feeders of the league. Before him, 8-8, or even 7-9 was a miserable season. But 3-13? Depressing.

Bronx33
07-21-2016, 02:32 PM
short stubble hair and a half cap ( was to blame) you know and I know it.

Bronx33
07-21-2016, 02:35 PM
There's always that. A lot of posters get more attached to players or coaches and so when they leave they stop supporting the team like they used to or just leave.

Part of it is they were only here for those people. And part is probably not being able to live with the shame of having supported a failure and having it thrown in their faces.

I try to root for whoever is a Bronco to do well. You can be critical of moves without hating on someone. It bothers me when posters don't like someone and then get so caught up in their hatred of a player or person they start rooting against their own team. That's ****ed up. I mean I can tolerate wanting to lose for better draft positioning, especially when you're out of the playoffs. But the whole "I hate this coach so I hope we lose all our games" is total bull****.

And same thing for "this player/coach is off the team so I hope the Broncos don't ever win anything again." - See Former Tebow fans who believed the Broncos would be cursed forever for letting him go.

I'll say this; Denver sure does a hell of a job bringing in players and coaches who evoke visceral reactions. If they are not going to evoke that then they leave. It's probably why Mark Sanchez will be here a few years at least based on just that.

So you didn't hate Schofield? :P

ShaneFalco
07-21-2016, 02:38 PM
so tru

Broncoandrew
07-21-2016, 03:01 PM

I can't speak for the original quoted poster, but I don't hate Schofield. I think he is a terrible OLman, and don't ever want to see him on the field again, but if the coaches feel he is our best answer I would, and do, hope he develops into a pro bowl lineman.

Hating a player because they aren't elite is dumb. They are still people. Hating patriots fans is alright, as they are not people.

DENVERDUI55
07-21-2016, 03:37 PM
MCD did a couple good things. He got rid of Cutler and his team was so bad Denver got the 2nd pick in one of the best drafts ever.

NFLBRONCO
07-21-2016, 03:41 PM
I loved the McD era why

1. Got Org refocused brought in John to run things
2. Von
3. Got rid of talented but, mental midget QB
4. DMT

Didn't like

The draft picks from Cutler trade he blew it bigtime we could have landed Clay Matthews and Earl Thomas

IndelibleScribe
07-21-2016, 03:47 PM

I didn't question my fandom, I actively rooted for him to lose so he would get fired.

Only Josh McDaniels, Joe Sacco and Brady Hoke have managed to make me do that.

ghwk
07-21-2016, 04:10 PM
The whole McDaniels era is the perfect example of why sayings like "It's always darkest before the dawn" and "Every cloud has a silver lining" exist.

Unfortunately history is also littered with examples where there was no dawn or a silver lining.

But hey, I'll take what I can get.

TheRationalist
07-21-2016, 04:14 PM
It's pretty clear to me actually.

JmD didn't have people skills, was emotionally retarded. He didn't understand people, and how to get the most of them or motivate them. Which is kind of important for, you know, a coach.

mhgaffney
07-21-2016, 04:17 PM
I've been a fan since '87, and that was by far the worst I've ever seen the team. There were some bad years, mostly due to injuries, and a few where they under achieved and missed the playoffs. But the Broncos had never had a 13-loss season until McDaniels showed up. They had never been bottom feeders of the league. Before him, 8-8, or even 7-9 was a miserable season. But 3-13? Depressing.

Yeah but remember -- out of all of that came a very high draft pick -- and Von Miller.

From this slightly altered perspective, a case could be made that Josh McDaniels was the best thing that ever happened to Denver -- since Elway's two SBs.

go_broncos
07-21-2016, 04:30 PM
it's a nightmare..There are many posters that kept supporting him though he made lot of mistakes. I am glad he was fired.

Hiring Fox is a good move.
Though, we didn't win SB under him..I felt it's a success

Bronx33
07-21-2016, 04:40 PM
MCD did a couple good things. He got rid of Cutler and his team was so bad Denver got the 2nd pick in one of the best drafts ever.

The ****er accidently didn't step in one Dookie pile :P

Drunken.Broncoholic2
07-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Yeah but remember -- out of all of that came a very high draft pick -- and Von Miller.

From this slightly altered perspective, a case could be made that Josh McDaniels was the best thing that ever happened to Denver -- since Elway's two SBs.

Von Miller was an awesome get. DT was the lone bright spot. all the wasted drafted picks sting. Trading a 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder straight up was insanely stupid. The Richard Quinn picks etc etc. I'll take Von, but it was hard to stomach that 4 win season. That was about the lowest total most of us have ever seen in our lifetime.

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/

Hamrob
07-21-2016, 04:45 PM
I couldn't stand McDaniels...but, it's somewhat funny how many of the people who ended up hating him (present company included) wanted Bowlen to hire him.

If you can go on record as it was the worst period in Broncos History....then, you can at least admit you pounded the table for Pat to hire him!

Drunk Monkey
07-21-2016, 04:50 PM
I couldn't stand McDaniels...but, it's somewhat funny how many of the people who ended up hating him (present company included) wanted Bowlen to hire him.

If you can go on record as it was the worst period in Broncos History....then, you can at least admit you pounded the table for Pat to hire him!

I was pulling for the guy from the Giants... can't remember his name but he flamed out also.

g00fyfoot
07-21-2016, 05:10 PM
McDaniels was a good palette-cleanser after the Shanahan era. It was good that he ended up being a failure in that it happened relatively quickly and cleared the decks for what was to come. What you don't want is for the team to be spinning its wheels in mediocrity for years on end, which is kind of where we were at the end of the Shanahan era. A brief period of suck can be good for a franchise like Denver, willing to aggressively reload.

qbronco
07-21-2016, 05:13 PM
I was pulling for the guy from the Giants... can't remember his name but he flamed out also.

I think you're referring to Steve Spagnuolo. That's who I wanted, too.

orange skier
07-21-2016, 05:26 PM
Nothing but disgust: what a horrible jackass......his episode of cheating was beyond belief. I absolutely loathe him.

maher_tyler
07-21-2016, 05:31 PM
Nothing but disgust: what a horrible jackass......his episode of cheating was beyond belief. I absolutely loathe him.

It's why it's extra gratifying every time we beat the Pats.

Kaylore
07-21-2016, 05:36 PM

I really didn't. It takes a lot for me to hate someone. He's a person with feelings and value as a human being. I wondered what it would be like if I was on a team, not supposed to be the number one guy, thrust into that position due to injury and everyone is hating me and I'm doing the best I can. Protecting an icon, going up against some amazing pass rushers. It's a tall order.

He was a Bronco, and coach or player, if they are a Bronco I will root for them to do well and help us win games. I can appreciate those who have issues with players because they think they are terrible people. But even in those instances I don't wish for them to do poorly.

You can be critical of the quality of play without attacking the person or getting personal. A lot of fans don't remember that.

Powderaddict
07-21-2016, 05:41 PM

After WWII, the world's manufacturing capacity was severely decimated, except for the USA. That allowed the US the become the dominant world power for the next 70 years. So hooray for WWII!

Smilin Assassin
07-21-2016, 05:52 PM
I really didn't. It takes a lot for me to hate someone. He's a person with feelings and value as a human being. I wondered what it would be like if I was on a team, not supposed to be the number one guy, thrust into that position due to injury and everyone is hating me and I'm doing the best I can. Protecting an icon, going up against some amazing pass rushers. It's a tall order.

He was a Bronco, and coach or player, if they are a Bronco I will root for them to do well and help us win games. I can appreciate those who have issues with players because they think they are terrible people. But even in those instances I don't wish for them to do poorly.

You can be critical of the quality of play without attacking the person or getting personal. A lot of fans don't remember that.

Yep. I am not a fan of Schofield's play last season.

That said, I want him to dominate every opposing player while he remains in a Broncos uniform.

As much as I am hopeful he doesn't have to play, never would I hope he fails when he's part of our team.

DENVERDUI55
07-21-2016, 05:53 PM

People also assume just because you hate the way a guy plays, you must hate that person as an individual. It is kind of like how most of us have coworkers that we do not like to work with but like them a lot outside of work.

BroncoLifer
07-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Some of you have correctly pointed out that the McD fiasco did result in Von but you're missing the bigger picture -- it also brought John MF Elway to the GM position. Even if McDaniels had done well enough to not get fired so quickly, can you picture first Peyton and then Ware, Ward, Sanders, Welker, etc, etc coming to Denver?

rmsanger
07-21-2016, 06:08 PM
Mcdaniels = biggest douche in franchise history.

Agamemnon
07-21-2016, 06:56 PM
McD was the **** needed to fertilize our championship dreams. Not sure how people don't get that at this point.

RonMexico
07-21-2016, 06:56 PM
The McD era was a forgettable one.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
07-21-2016, 07:08 PM

I'd have a lot more criticisms toward him if he came into the season as their starting choice. But the guy is a back up and was forced into that role due to injuries. We saw why he's not a starter, and won't be one this year. But I can't bash him too much since he's not supposed to be all that good in the first place. Need to stay healthy so we don't need to see him.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
07-21-2016, 07:10 PM
Some of you have correctly pointed out that the McD fiasco did result in Von but you're missing the bigger picture -- it also brought John MF Elway to the GM position. Even if McDaniels had done well enough to not get fired so quickly, can you picture first Peyton and then Ware, Ward, Sanders, Welker, etc, etc coming to Denver?

I think Elway was ready to make the move the moment Shanahan was fired.

We had to go through hell to get to heaven. Elway is what Orange and Blue is all about. McDaniels was about himself, while spitting out for the team phrases.

IndelibleScribe
07-21-2016, 07:25 PM
McD was the **** needed to fertilize our championship dreams. Not sure how people don't get that at this point.

Just because **** fertilizes the soil...doesn't mean it doesn't stink.
We all understand the growing pains that resulted in our championship win. None of us wanted to go through the mess to get there though.

gunns
07-21-2016, 07:27 PM

No kidding and even cheating he couldn't win. No one can tell me he wasn't in the middle of deflategate. His ego did him in, much like Shanahan. But I liked that his dismal performance as the Broncos coach deflated his ego somewhat. That 59-14 game against the Raiders was an absolute travesty. Something that should have never happened and the frustrating thing is I doubt he ever gave a ****.

KipCorrington25
07-21-2016, 07:34 PM
Not to mention he was a ****ing idiot that couldn't judge talent to save his life.

KipCorrington25
07-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Oh but Ben McDaniels was a hell of a hire though... :thumbs:

oubronco
07-21-2016, 08:13 PM
I hated McDaniels before hired and still do

ShutDownPoster
07-21-2016, 09:36 PM
This guy here made football miserable? Nobody wanted to run through a wall for him?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tkzALAmawfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow - talking about 'The Little Man Upstairs' lol

IndelibleScribe
07-21-2016, 09:50 PM
I hated McDaniels before hired and still do

So did I and so do I.

pricejj
07-21-2016, 11:08 PM
D.J. - "The fun was scripted."

the *cheater way

BMarsh615
07-21-2016, 11:33 PM
Don't tell me the ice cream truck was scripted

http://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/20100806__20100807_C06_SP07FBNBROBRIEFSp1.jpg?w=60 0

Jason in LA
07-22-2016, 04:41 AM
So because McDouche was so bad that the Broncos got Miller, and it opened the door for Elway to return, who brought in Manning and a number of other free agents, we're supposed to give McDaniels credit for something? What kind of bazarro world is that?

While great things came out of sucking so bad, lets not act like that was McDaniels' plan, or that he should be praised for it. That era, and thankfully it was short, should be remembered for what it was. The worst era in franchise history. Any self-respecting Broncos fan should curse that guy out on sight.

Agamemnon
07-22-2016, 04:51 AM
So because McDouche was so bad that the Broncos got Miller, and it opened the door for Elway to return, who brought in Manning and a number of other free agents, we're supposed to give McDaniels credit for something? What kind of bazarro world is that?

While great things came out of sucking so bad, lets not act like that was McDaniels' plan, or that he should be praised for it. That era, and thankfully it was short, should be remembered for what it was. The worst era in franchise history. Any self-respecting Broncos fan should curse that guy out on sight.

I must've missed where anyone said he should get credit or be praised.

Jason in LA
07-22-2016, 05:13 AM
I must've missed where anyone said he should get credit or be praised.

He should be cursed out, on sight, every time.

dsmoot
07-22-2016, 05:47 AM

Don't give him credit for either. Very short sited. Like our own co-workers, Cutler got rid of Cutler.

SleepingTiger
07-22-2016, 06:29 AM

^this
How can anyone give credit to McD for Miller, Elway and Manning? If McD was still around, he would of traded the 2nd pick and 4 future first round picks for Cam.

OABB
07-22-2016, 06:39 AM

Spag. I wanted him too.

Irish Stout
07-22-2016, 07:14 AM

Thank goodness McD wasn't here for that draft. He would've traded the second pick of that draft for a tight end, a third round pick, and a couple popsicles (probably grape). So truly, McD and his departure were all benefits to us, not initially, but in the long run. We didn't have to keep Cutler and his nonsense, we got Elway back, and we eventually won a Superbowl.

Hooray!

Also, the Stokely catch game against Cinci was magical and the Tebow/DT first round draft was incredibly entertaining.

Irish Stout
07-22-2016, 07:15 AM
^this
How can anyone give credit to McD for Miller, Elway and Manning? If McD was still around, he would of traded the 2nd pick and 4 future first round picks for Cam.

We're trying to look on the bright side. It was a horrible period for the Broncos, but opened the door to an extremely bright period for the Broncos. Its all good, we are now Super Bowl 50 Champions!

Bronco Yoda
07-22-2016, 07:27 AM
McDaniels became the darkest days in Bronco history. Simply amazing how quickly they rebounded.

Go Broncos! 2016

SleepingTiger
07-22-2016, 08:09 AM
We're trying to look on the bright side. It was a horrible period for the Broncos, but opened the door to an extremely bright period for the Broncos. Its all good, we are now Super Bowl 50 Champions!

i see what you mean. I just don't want to give McD any type of credit because he didn't earn any. Thats like the doctor saying "you can thank the girl that gave you AIDS, if she didn't, we would of never found your cancer". Maybe a bad comparison there. But you get the idea.

Kaylore
07-22-2016, 09:36 AM
McDaniels became the darkest days in Bronco history. Simply amazing how quickly they rebounded.

Go Broncos! 2016

It wasn't even that bad when you consider other bad years from other franchises. I try to consider how it catapulted us to a super bowl too.

We were 12-20 during his run, and the year we were real bad we still won four games and got to pick second overall. Often you need to only win one or two to be able to pick that high. And we got to pick high in a year that was STOCKED with talent. And we got the Tebow year the year after, including the Steelers playoff win, and of course the Manning years culminating in a Super Bowl. If two years of McDaniels was what it cost, I'm ok with that.

I would, in the future, like to accomplish these kinds of things without going through another McDaniels fiasco, though...obviously.

KipCorrington25
07-22-2016, 09:50 AM
McCheat gets zero credit for anything, the guy was a POS. I loathe that little ****ing twerp with the intensity of billion burning suns... Gaytriots ****ing scum.

wolf754life
07-22-2016, 09:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301024007

that happened

mcD is dead to bronco fans

forever....

and Jason Campbell was the QB?

lol

mwill07
07-22-2016, 10:10 AM
Personally, I liked the hire in 2009. The optimism turned into cautious support after the cutler fiasco, ambivalence after the 2009 draft, solid support after 6 games, and ended the season in tepid support after the season.

In 2010, I was optimistic after the draft, but that faded pretty quickly when the team started losing, and news about the cheating broke. it was obvious he needed to be gone.

Today, I spit when ever I see his image.

GreatBronco16
07-22-2016, 11:36 AM
I sometimes wonder what Cutler could have been had McDlckface not come to Denver.

Drunk Monkey
07-22-2016, 11:47 AM
I sometimes wonder what Cutler could have been had McDlckface not come to Denver.

Whats to wonder about. Frown cannon can be seen in Chicago. That's what he became. A serviceable QB that in theory could get you to the big game if the rest of the team is good enough. He has physical potential but lacks leadership.

Arkie
07-22-2016, 11:58 AM

A loser. It's not McD's fault that Cutler's teams have only made the postseason once since high school.

Bronc0guy
07-22-2016, 12:06 PM

God I hate that he was ever the Broncos HC. Still feels dirty.

Kaylore
07-22-2016, 12:16 PM
No one has mentioned this, but Josh McDaniels was the worst at trades in history. I often rail on Shanahan the GM, but when it came to trades he was pretty damn good.

Josh McDaniels was the complete opposite of that. Whether trading up for Quinn and Alphonso, or trading for a Lawrence Maroney, the guy was a cataclysmic idiot.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
07-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Id say having Brandon Marshall last on the depth chart was pretty ****ing stupid.

I refuse to ever watch that rant. When it happened in real time it was bad enough.

Here's an accurate cartoon:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lr7T_jcXmT4

DENVERDUI55
07-22-2016, 01:22 PM
Of course DJ hated little Hoodia JR. He required DJ to be a leader and Captain when he got another DUI. Hoodie JR was a real piece of work but DJ wouldn't like any coach that wanted him to work extra hard and be a leader.

TomServo
07-23-2016, 02:11 AM
Never liked McD Ever. He came into town acting like we were the freaking browns or Bengals or chargers. i Yelled-at no one in particular,
hey Dumbass we have a few of hunt trophys and a few lambardis.

TomServo
07-23-2016, 02:15 AM
There is a reason no one in the whole freakin league has hired the lil idiot since the rams figured our he was just another belichek toady

Missouribronc
07-23-2016, 02:26 AM
A loser. It's not McD's fault that Cutler's teams have only made the postseason once since high school.

Truth beyond doubt at this point. Cutler is a **** quarterback. McDaniels made the right move on that one. The rest, well, not so much.

TomServo
07-23-2016, 02:36 AM
Who knows if cutler might have have bloomed or crashed under McFail. we will never know since McDumbass Gutted the entire offense.

broncocalijohn
07-23-2016, 02:49 AM

8-8 never going to the playoffs but maybe once. We saw it in Denver and we currently see it.

ChampJesusBailey
07-23-2016, 09:20 AM
The one time I was able to drive to Denver and enjoy a Bronco's game live, McMoron was the coach and we got obliterated by the Raiders like 58-14 or something.

**** McDaniels.

OABB
07-23-2016, 05:39 PM
Oh good a cutler and mcd thread. I sure missed these.

Requiem
07-23-2016, 08:25 PM
Sometimes it has to rain for the sun to shine. The future is bright for Denver. Always.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-23-2016, 11:58 PM

Run through a wall? I wouldn't run against a stiff breeze to save that McDouche's life!

KipCorrington25
07-24-2016, 12:03 AM
Of course DJ hated little Hoodia JR. He required DJ to be a leader and Captain when he got another DUI. Hoodie JR was a real piece of work but DJ wouldn't like any coach that wanted him to work extra hard and be a leader.

Good point, they are both pretty worthless. DJ the epitome of all the talent in the world and the intellect and maturity of a 2nd grader. Hilarious!

KipCorrington25
07-24-2016, 12:06 AM
Truth beyond doubt at this point. Cutler is a **** quarterback. McDaniels made the right move on that one. The rest, well, not so much.

He didn't make the "right" move because he thought Orton and Cassel were better.

Granted Cutler is POS but he's better than Orton and Cassel combined.

McCheat couldn't judge talent to save soul...

TomServo
07-24-2016, 01:07 AM
All the no.1 draft picks McD pissed away that a moderately competent coach could have,would have, used to build a team....
Quinn,Tebow alphonso whatsisname traded to the Lions that got benched in the middle of the game on thanksgiving.

Missouribronc
07-24-2016, 01:12 AM
He didn't make the "right" move because he thought Orton and Cassel were better.

Granted Cutler is POS but he's better than Orton and Cassel combined.

McCheat couldn't judge talent to save soul...

Yeah he did. And it's not really debatable. Just because the Bears are stupid enough not to cut bait, doesn't mean Cutler is any better than the scrap heap.

TomServo
07-24-2016, 01:47 AM
Doesnt mean McD wasnt a total douchebag, dumbass. knowitall, arrogant P.O.S.
There is a reason he Still isnt a head coach again.
The man took a Legacy franchise and almost took it to joke status.
John Elway took Mcds joke and took it to two Suberbowls in record time. win ing one. with a washed up QB to boot.

Traveler
07-24-2016, 04:44 AM
Still waiting for the day when a sports columnist corners McDaniels and asks what he saw in Tebow that everyone didn't when he gave up all those picks.

lostknight
07-24-2016, 05:42 AM
I remember seeing his first conference, and his total lack of any awareness that any NFL tradition existed outside of New England was staggering. It wasn't until the Goodman's were fired that I was sure it was going to be a total and complete train wreck.

And God, the Alphonso draft pick?

The one thing he could do is find WR talent. He was just plain bonkers on that. Unless the rest, no hate on the Tebow pick. There is no way that Manning would have looked at Denver long enough for elway to hard-sell him if Tebow (and more Fox) hadn't dragged this team through sheer will (certainly wasn't talent).

I think the two great what-ifs can't be answered. Cutler was done the second Shanny and Bates left. It was as simple as that. I don't think McDaniels would have ever had a productive enough relationship. I don't think Tebow and McDaniels would have worked long run either.

In retrospect, it's pretty clear that the Mike Nolan "firing" after week 6 year 1 was the moment McDaniels lost the team.

I'm glad mini-hoodie is back in New England. The media love the guy, but I see nothing to prove that he can be successful without Brady and Bellie backing him up.