PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered a mattress online? Recommendations?

Doggcow
05-02-2016, 06:01 PM
What would you guys recommend?

I went to a mattress store and just can't justify spending $5,000 when there's mattresses on amazon with rave reviews for $500.

Anyone else gone through this? Lol

Doggcow
05-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Bump

underrated29
05-03-2016, 02:32 PM
No but I had a one night stand with (unfortunately I did not know at the time) Matt Praters ex (must have been before he messed with hookers cuz Im all good down there) but anyway. She had the comfiest bed I have ever slept on. I actually went back to her house one other time just to sleep on her bed. Didnt even do the dirty, just slept on her bed. It was so nice. I always wondered what kind of bed it was. I know that does not help you at all, but it reminds me of her bed and how I wish I knew what it was so I could buy one myself.

Doggcow
05-03-2016, 03:07 PM
No but I had a one night stand with (unfortunately I did not know at the time) Matt Praters ex (must have been before he messed with hookers cuz Im all good down there) but anyway. She had the comfiest bed I have ever slept on. I actually went back to her house one other time just to sleep on her bed. Didnt even do the dirty, just slept on her bed. It was so nice. I always wondered what kind of bed it was. I know that does not help you at all, but it reminds me of her bed and how I wish I knew what it was so I could buy one myself.

I'm convinced I'm making the right decision now.

underrated29
05-03-2016, 03:09 PM
See that, Matt Prater -the gift that just keeps on giving

TonyR
05-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Here's a pretty good review site where you can check out the brands you're looking at: http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/

Doggcow
05-04-2016, 12:46 PM
I ordered one. Should be here in a day or two.

Rohirrim
05-04-2016, 10:30 PM
When it comes to mattresses, there are only two names to remember: Stearns & Foster.

OBF1
05-06-2016, 06:39 AM
Tell me you did at least try the mattress before buying it. No one is that out of touch with reality? If you did not that is like getting a mail order bride without a picture and hearing she has a great personality.

TonyR
05-06-2016, 06:56 AM
When it comes to mattresses, there are only two names to remember: Stearns & Foster.

Funny you should say that because I just got a new mattress about a month ago. It was a large, regional furniture store. I asked about Stearns & Foster because we looked at a few brands but not any of theirs. I was steered away from S&F because apparently they'd been having a lot of problems and returns with them lately. They sold me on Aireloom. So far I love it, only problem is that the thing is heavy as hell. Could have all been a ruse to get me to buy a more expensive mattress, sure. I just thought it was odd for them to badmouth a major brand that they carry like that.

Doggcow
05-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Tell me you did at least try the mattress before buying it. No one is that out of touch with reality? If you did not that is like getting a mail order bride without a picture and hearing she has a great personality.

You know, I even ordered some paper plates without using them at a picnic first too.

I just like to live life on the edge.

Also, are you really going to act like a 2-3minute "lay" on a showroom mattress is going to give you everything you need to know about it?

Are people really this out of touch with reality?

Doggcow
05-06-2016, 01:52 PM
So after a 10-15 minute lay on it, in my bedroom, I can't tell the difference between the $700 mattress that we got and ther $7,000 tempurpedic.

If I buy a new one every year, I'm breaking even.

Satisfied with the purchase so far, have 100 days to decide if it's keepable though.

Rohirrim
05-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Funny you should say that because I just got a new mattress about a month ago. It was a large, regional furniture store. I asked about Stearns & Foster because we looked at a few brands but not any of theirs. I was steered away from S&F because apparently they'd been having a lot of problems and returns with them lately. They sold me on Aireloom. So far I love it, only problem is that the thing is heavy as hell. Could have all been a ruse to get me to buy a more expensive mattress, sure. I just thought it was odd for them to badmouth a major brand that they carry like that.

Sealy bought them out in the 90s. They closed the factory in Ohio and moved it to China in 2011. So, I guess that's the end of their quality.

Doggcow
05-07-2016, 09:40 AM
1 night down, got excellent rest last night. Feel better than we did on our old ****ty mattress. So already an improvement. Also no waking up in the middle of the night all sweaty like I used to, so the cooling thing may be real too.

DenverBrit
05-09-2016, 09:18 AM
I'm on my second temperpedic.

The first lasted 14 years.

Best mattress I've ever owned.

Got to try mattresses.....it's like speakers, a personal choice that can only evaluated in person.

Doggcow
05-09-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm on my second temperpedic.

The first lasted 14 years.

Best mattress I've ever owned.

Got to try mattresses.....it's like speakers, a personal choice that can only evaluated in person.

Most mattress stores don't let you sleep on them though, but give you a 3-5 minute window. That's not really enough imo.

Still super happy with the mattress and pillow for $700 though! Even if it only lasts me a year, I come out ahead in the next 15 years lol.

DenverBrit
05-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Most mattress stores don't let you sleep on them though, but give you a 3-5 minute window. That's not really enough imo.

Still super happy with the mattress and pillow for $700 though! Even if it only lasts me a year, I come out ahead in the next 15 years lol.

Being happy with your mattress is everything, glad you found one you like.

For reference:

Tempurpedic will give you a home trial for at least 30 days, maybe more.

My original cost $1100, lasted 14 years. :)

Some people do find them hot to sleep on, I never did.

Doggcow
05-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Being happy with your mattress is everything, glad you found one you like.

For reference:

Tempurpedic will give you a home trial for at least 30 days, maybe more.

My original cost $1100, lasted 14 years. :)

Some people do find them hot to sleep on, I never did.

Add a 0 on them now.

Doggcow
05-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Still excellent. Someone give me a rep for this so I can revisit it in a year or so XD

DenverBrit
05-13-2016, 07:43 PM
Add a 0 on them now.

Interestingly the basic mattress hasn't increased much. Volume has taken over.

But there are a lot of worthwhile imitators too, costing less.

Requiem
05-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Cardboard box hasn't failed me in 6 years.