PDA

View Full Version : 2013 AFC Championship

DENVERDUI55
01-21-2016, 10:02 AM
I am watching the game and I'm about at halftime. There are a few things that jump out to me when I compare the offense to this years.

1. It has been mentioned before, but this team just doesn't have the weapons that that team had. JT was a big part of that game and Gase did a great job with him. Denver has VD they could use in that role but just don't for whatever reason. The slot WR is missed in the passing game.

2. The OL was rock solid. I know they were destroyed by Seattle, but there is no comparison in the performance in that line vs this line. Manning always had several yards between the line and his drop. The current OL drops back with him because they cannot hold their ground.

3. Gase, in my opinion, is a better OC than what we currently have. He had a great plan for that game. They used the screen game for big yards and ran much better routes than what Denver currently does.

Defense

1. The D mostly played man to man. Sure Pats have more weapons in Gronk/Edelman at same time now, but that team had better RB's and Vereen had a good game in the passing game. They don't really have that consistent weapon now. JDR mixed some zone looks in at times and Denver blew some coverage playing zone. Knighton was a beast in that game and Denver had some timely CB blitzes.

2. Denver ran a lot of zone 3 man rushes when up big. There was even a throw back and shout out to Ray Rhodes. On the Brady TD run, Denver rushed 2 men. LOL Pats tore up the 3 man rush zone D.

vancejohnson82
01-21-2016, 12:11 PM
the thing that scares me about that game is that Brady missed a bunch of deep passes early on (1st half) that could have changed the game. We were also able to grab a field goal late in the 1st half that made the lead double digits when New England had settled down.

Both teams were pretty good with the ball, I have a feeling this time around there is going to be a monster turnover one way or the other

God, I hate the Patriots...this week would be so much lighter not having the pressure of losing to "them"...oh well, not the type of stress 45-78 beers cant take care of

DENVERDUI55
01-21-2016, 12:16 PM
the thing that scares me about that game is that Brady missed a bunch of deep passes early on (1st half) that could have changed the game. We were also able to grab a field goal late in the 1st half that made the lead double digits when New England had settled down.

Both teams were pretty good with the ball, I have a feeling this time around there is going to be a monster turnover one way or the other

God, I hate the Patriots...this week would be so much lighter not having the pressure of losing to "them"...oh well, not the type of stress 45-78 beers cant take care of

The game was really a blowout. 13-3 at half and 20-3 first drive after. Denver blew a 1st and goal at about the 2 but they were scared of a turnover I felt. Money shot hit a huge 54 yard FG and the Broncos picked up 1st downs in the 4 min drill to end the game in chip shot range. Moreno and Ball were better catching the ball out of the backfield.

ludo21
01-21-2016, 12:24 PM
Definitely starting to feel the stress of Championship week, LOL

It is fun to have a dog in the race still, no doubt.

vancejohnson82
01-21-2016, 12:27 PM
The game was really a blowout. 13-3 at half and 20-3 first drive after. Denver blew a 1st and goal at about the 2 but they were scared of a turnover I felt. Money shot hit a huge 54 yard FG and the Broncos picked up 1st downs in the 4 min drill to end the game in chip shot range. Moreno and Ball were better catching the ball out of the backfield.

a "blowout" becomes a blowout because of missed opportunities early in the game ...

we need a running game this weekend...i would like to see some running plays out of the shotgun, to be honest Re-watching that game we really had success with draw traps and shotgun sweeps

ColoradoDarin
01-21-2016, 12:53 PM
That was also the 2nd year for the entire offense in the same scheme (and Manning knew it inside and out) versus this year being our first in this scheme. Don't know how much difference that makes at this point, but it is what it is.

pricejj
01-21-2016, 12:57 PM
Broncos blew out the Patriots with Tony Carter at CB. Glorious day.