PDA

View Full Version : 2016 AFCCG Preview

Gort
01-19-2016, 05:30 PM
http://profootballmock.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/TOM-BRADY-AND-PEYTON-MANNING-BOXING.gif

pretty much sums up what we can expect. :yayaya:

Gort
01-19-2016, 05:37 PM
http://profootballmock.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Tom-Brady-Belichick-Night-Roxbury.gif

http://profootballmock.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/PEYTON-OOH-IM-SCARED.gif

Gort
01-19-2016, 05:38 PM
...and a couple more funny Brady/Manning GIFs here.

http://profootballmock.com/iphone-text/intercepted-text-tom-brady-and-peyton-manning-very-maturely-discuss-their-upcoming-match/

MiamiChico
01-19-2016, 05:52 PM
LOL!

https://media.giphy.com/media/qtuhs21iISScM/giphy.gif

Gort
01-19-2016, 08:54 PM
don't know where else to put this, so i'll put it here.

the AFC is going to be represented by either Brady or Manning in the SB yet again. that means for 12 of the past 13 years, the AFC has been represented by either Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger. the only exception was 2012 with Flacco. if anyone thinks that's parity, i've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. no wonder people around the rest of the country are sick of the Brady/Manning hype.

ludo21
01-20-2016, 07:35 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/18/pro-everything-you-need-to-know-about-patriots-broncos/

Gort
01-21-2016, 10:08 AM
Film Room: Denver's Defense

a review of what we did earlier this year against the Pats* and what we'll likely do this weekend.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/images/FilmRoom/FilmRoom-012016-3.jpg

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2016/film-room-denvers-defense

Gort
01-21-2016, 10:24 AM
i'm using this thread as a catch-all for interesting stuff relating to this weekend's game (since we don't have any other general AFCCG threads).

weird fact about Von Miller/DeMarcus Ware:

last weekend's playoff win over PIT was Ware's first ever playoff win. it was also Von's first playoff win since Tebow (2011). in fact, Von has only ever beat PIT in the playoffs (2-0). he missed the 2013 run with a late season injury.

Old Coyote
01-21-2016, 10:33 AM
YES....

Hahahahaha...

When Vinovich & Hochuli were assigned to Championship games.
I Was like CRAP not Vinovich....

But Vinovich will ref the NFC Game.
WE get Hochuli.
:)
Hochuli Hochuli!

TonyR
01-21-2016, 10:36 AM
With Edelman in the lineup and on the field this season, the Patriots are 10-0; without him, they are 3-4, including a loss earlier this season in Denver, site of Sunday's AFC title game.http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14598553/how-nfl-coaching-search-played-january-nfl

winstoncup bronco
01-21-2016, 10:43 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14598553/how-nfl-coaching-search-played-january-nfl

So the Patriots are so rocking good that they can't beat the Eagles at home without Edelman? The more I look at it, the better I feel about this game.

Gort
01-21-2016, 10:49 AM
So the Patriots are so rocking good that they can't beat the Eagles at home without Edelman? The more I look at it, the better I feel about this game.

the entire national media is writing us off as having no chance in this game.

i know pro athletes shouldn't need motivation to get ready for a game, but i sure hope they all know the level of disrespect that is being shown them.

if the old dog still has a trick or two up his sleeve, this weekend's game is the game to pull them out... i hope Manning comes out on fire in the passing game and runs off one of those ridiculous 20- or 22- straight completion streaks and we run the Pats* right out of the building ny the end of the 3rd quarter.

that alone would atone for the 2014 playoff loss in my mind. 2 SB trips and twice beating NE in the AFCCG would cement his signing here as "100% worth it"

2KBack
01-21-2016, 10:53 AM
the entire national media is writing us off as having no chance in this game.

i know pro athletes shouldn't need motivation to get ready for a game, but i sure hope they all know the level of disrespect that is being shown them.

if the old dog still has a trick or two up his sleeve, this weekend's game is the game to pull them out... i hope Manning comes out on fire in the passing game and runs off one of those ridiculous 20- or 22- straight completion streaks and we run the Pats* right out of the building ny the end of the 3rd quarter.

that alone would atone for the 2014 playoff loss in my mind. 2 SB trips and twice beating NE in the AFCCG would cement his signing here as "100% worth it"

I agree with all of this. I wish I had some of the confidence of other posters here, but if Manning pulls it off this weekend it will wipe clean 2014. If he does it again in the SB, then it makes up for 2013.

Das Rote Baron
01-21-2016, 10:57 AM

Before you start feeling too good...... Gronk was out that game as well. Brady had the 5th most receiving yards in the game, that tells you something.

TonyR
01-21-2016, 10:59 AM

Well, to be fair to them, they were also without Gronk. Without Edelman and Gronk that offense is ordinary.

winstoncup bronco
01-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Before you start feeling too good...... Gronk was out that game as well. Brady had the 5th most receiving yards in the game, that tells you something.

Yeah, thing is, Broncos have had injuries all year too, just like every other team. We were missing Ware, Ward & Williams from the first matchup, and still held you to 301 total yards, with Gronk playing. Two of the three NE scoring drives started in Denver territory, including one at the DEN 15. So sick and tired of the injury excuse. It's the friggin Eagles, and they put up 35 on you at your house. What's the excuse for that?

winstoncup bronco
01-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Well, to be fair to them, they were also without Gronk. Without Edelman and Gronk that offense is ordinary.

See my previous post. Don't care. It's like when the Patriots lose, there has to be some external cause. Injuries, refs, etc. They never just "lose", always a reason why. They cry over injuries in a way that screams "hey no fair, we don't have all of our guys playing."

Broncos went to a Super Bowl with 5 defensive starters on IR, and the starting LT. No one gives a crap.

TonyR
01-21-2016, 11:13 AM
It's the friggin Eagles, and they put up 35 on you at your house. What's the excuse for that?

It was a wacky game. Eagles had a D and ST TD's. Pats played inexplicably bad.

TonyR
01-21-2016, 11:16 AM
See my previous post. Don't care.

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm just not letting myself get too caught up in that stuff. Pats are going to show up to play and are now mostly healthy. Unfortunately we're not going the see the Pats from the last 6 weeks of the season.

Gort
01-21-2016, 11:17 AM
See my previous post. Don't care. It's like when the Patriots lose, there has to be some external cause. Injuries, refs, etc. They never just "lose", always a reason why. They cry over injuries in a way that screams "hey no fair, we don't have all of our guys playing."

Broncos went to a Super Bowl with 5 defensive starters on IR, and the starting LT. No one gives a crap.

Denver is flyover country for the national sportsmedia. if you aren't in NYC or BOS or LA, you don't exist and there is no reason for anybody to look at your roster/season in anything other than a superficial way.

Denver has always been treated this way. it's why Pats* trolls come in here without really understanding how to troll this fanbase. the things they think they know... they really don't, so they don't know the true buttons to push.

for example, smack talk about Elway losing his first 3 SBs has no affect on longtime Broncos fans. same thing with talking smack about Manning as if we're all invested in him as the face of the franchise the way IND fans were.

Gutless Drunk
01-21-2016, 11:18 AM

Which would belie the much repeated "Brady does more with less" refrain.

Turns out he needs players too.

Gort
01-21-2016, 11:19 AM

if we get either a D or ST TD in this game, i think we likely win. without one, i think we win a very close game. with one, it's icing on the cake.

winstoncup bronco
01-21-2016, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm just not letting myself get too caught up in that stuff. Pats are going to show up to play and are now mostly healthy. Unfortunately we're not going the see the Pats from the last 6 weeks of the season.

Well fortunately for us, they're going to see the Broncos defense from the past 17 games. Broncos are showing up to play to. The media just has everyone believing that this Patriots team is some unstoppable force of nature. Greatest team ever can't win games with injuries to players. What a crock.

Gutless Drunk
01-21-2016, 11:20 AM
same thing with talking smack about Manning as if we're all invested in him as the face of the franchise the way IND fans were.

Yep..they still haven't figured out he has been a short timer here and we don't nor have lived and died with their same Manning/Brady obsession.

That is the real reason they have been here.

Das Rote Baron
01-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Yeah, thing is, Broncos have had injuries all year too, just like every other team. We were missing Ware, Ward & Williams from the first matchup, and still held you to 301 total yards, with Gronk playing. Two of the three NE scoring drives started in Denver territory, including one at the DEN 15. So sick and tired of the injury excuse. It's the friggin Eagles, and they put up 35 on you at your house. What's the excuse for that?

It's not an excuse it's an explanation. You had your facts wrong. You're getting jacked up because the Patriots lost a game to the Eagles. You lost to the Raiders, should I jump up and down and use that as evidence we will win?

Gort
01-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Yep..they still haven't figured out he has been a short timer here and we don't nor have lived and died with their same Manning/Brady obsession.

That is the real reason they have been here.

yep! i honestly find the whole media obsession with Brady vs. Manning XVII to be ridiculous and silly. it's desperation to find an angle to "sell" the game. but they don't have to sell it to true NFL fans... it's the freaking AFCCG!

we're Broncos fans here. it's Broncos vs. Pats* as far as most of us are concerned.

i have no ill will for Manning. i hope he gets his Hollywood ending. i could even live with him coming back next year as the backup QB to Brock. but when his time here in DEN is over, he'll move on to the next stage of his life and i'm sure the only time he'll set foot in this state is to ski in Aspen or Vail and hob knob with the jet set. he's not making a home here and he's not gonna be around the team as a retired Bronco. so smack about HGH or whatever it is that Pats* fans are posting just doesn't faze me. ???

winstoncup bronco
01-21-2016, 11:33 AM
It's not an excuse it's an explanation. You had your facts wrong. You're getting jacked up because the Patriots lost a game to the Eagles. You lost to the Raiders, should I jump up and down and use that as evidence we will win?

No, that's the difference with Patriots fans and everyone else. We lost because we got outplayed and outcoached. No excuses. When was the last time NE lost a game when someone like yourself didn't rationalize it as an aberration.

Das Rote Baron
01-21-2016, 12:00 PM

To be fair they didn't have Gronk either so it was an uphill battle for a team that relies on timing routs. No excuses just be fair. You are using this as fuel for your fire, just realize what you're talking about. We sucked in that game, Brady had the 5th most receiving yards. We sucked.

BroncoFanDoug
01-21-2016, 12:08 PM

Gronk went out like midway through the 4th. Please stop acting like he was not available in the game.

winstoncup bronco
01-21-2016, 12:09 PM
To be fair they didn't have Gronk either so it was an uphill battle for a team that relies on timing routs. No excuses just be fair. You are using this as fuel for your fire, just realize what you're talking about. We sucked in that game, Brady had the 5th most receiving yards. We sucked.

I'm not fueling anything. You just expect everyone to roll over and crown the Patriots SB champs, just like the media is doing. I haven't seen you win a damn thing yet, and yeah, the Broncos are a pretty good team too, so I'm just as confident in my team as you are in yours. But according to you, that's just me being jacked up or adding fuel to the fire. So typical of the arrogance the rest of the league has come to despise.

Edit: and again, enough with the injuries excuse. Did every team the Patriots beat this year have their full complement of starters, or do only guys in NE get hurt playing football?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-21-2016, 12:15 PM

Why do you care what we think of your team?

Rabb
01-21-2016, 12:18 PM
Why do you care what we think of your team?

Isn't it cute?

Das Rote Baron
01-21-2016, 12:56 PM
I'm not fueling anything. You just expect everyone to roll over and crown the Patriots SB champs, just like the media is doing. I haven't seen you win a damn thing yet, and yeah, the Broncos are a pretty good team too, so I'm just as confident in my team as you are in yours. But according to you, that's just me being jacked up or adding fuel to the fire. So typical of the arrogance the rest of the league has come to despise.

Edit: and again, enough with the injuries excuse. Did every team the Patriots beat this year have their full complement of starters, or do only guys in NE get hurt playing football?

I expect no one to roll over. Teams don't get this far without being pretty damn good. Picking out one game the other team lost during the regular season is bush league, and that goes both ways.

Das Rote Baron
01-21-2016, 12:59 PM
Gronk went out like midway through the 4th. Please stop acting like he was not available in the game.

Try keeping up, we are talking about the Eagles game.

Bronco Rob
01-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Which would belie the much repeated "Brady does more with less" refrain.

Turns out he needs players too.

All boats don't rise with tommy two yard slant brady. Sign of a true system quarterback.

:thumbs:

Gort
01-21-2016, 01:17 PM
finally, a somewhat sensible article from one of the potatoes in the NE sportsmedia...

But what really got everyone who bleeds Pats colors into a tizzy was Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. laughingly saying that the best way to tackle Rob Gronkowski is to aim for the knees. Never mind that at least two of Gronkís teammates have publicly said that very thing this season when asked about it following the All-Everything tight endís injury in Denver back in Week 12.

If the Broncos donít find a way to bring Gronk down, especially on the first crack, they risk getting gashed.

of course tackling Gronk low is the way to go. it's also legal and sound fundamentally. i would personally aim for the waist instead of the knees, but i don't think any Broncos player specifically said anything about hitting him in his knees. i think that was added by the NE sportsmedia to get their idiot Southie fans "fakkin' up in ahms!".

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/denver-broncos-zip-their-lips-about-new-england-patriots?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Paladin
01-21-2016, 01:21 PM

Don't care......

DENVERDUI55
01-21-2016, 01:23 PM
finally, a somewhat sensible article from one of the potatoes in the NE sportsmedia...

of course tackling Gronk low is the way to go. it's also legal and sound fundamentally. i would personally aim for the waist instead of the knees, but i don't think any Broncos player specifically said anything about hitting him in his knees. i think that was added by the NE sportsmedia to get their idiot Southie fans "fakkin' up in ahms!".

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/denver-broncos-zip-their-lips-about-new-england-patriots?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Gronk said he had no problem players going low. It is within the rules and it is his job to deal with the low hits.

BroncoMan4ever
01-21-2016, 01:28 PM

And we were without Ware, Ward and a few others. Injuries happen, we overcame ours, they didn't.

TonyR
01-21-2016, 01:51 PM
And we were without Ware, Ward and a few others. Injuries happen, we overcame ours, they didn't.

Oh I agree. But that doesn't change what I said. Without Gronk and Edelman their O isn't all that good. Without Ware and Ward our D is still pretty good. Both teams will have both guys on Sunday.

TonyR
01-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Schlereth: I'd be shocked if Denver wins

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14618270

pricejj
01-21-2016, 02:06 PM
The funny thing about the *pats whack jobs is they think Dont'a Hightower makes all the difference against the run. Broncos have ALWAYS been able to run against these guys with Hightower. His only run tackle in the first meeting was on a 7 yard run.

Gort
01-21-2016, 02:07 PM
Schlereth: I'd be shocked if Denver wins

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14618270

same garbage we heard in 2011 before the PIT playoff game.

same garbage we heard back in 1997 before the DEN/GB superbowl.

talking heads in the media "go along to get along" with whatever conventional wisdom is in the zeitgeist. no different that HCs like John Fox who always do the conventional thing just because doing the conventional thing (and failing) won't usually cost them their jobs.

i hope Kubes has added some clever wrinkles to confuse the Patsies* this weekend.

errand
01-21-2016, 02:18 PM

Yeah and of course the Broncos have no chance of scoring TD via D or ST?

errand
01-21-2016, 02:21 PM

Yeah if we play Patriots like we did the Raiders....

Cleo McDowell
01-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Nate Silver says Broncos vs Panthers in the Bowl.. I like this.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

TonyR
01-22-2016, 08:11 AM
The Broncos will need pressure, and restraint, to topple the Patriots

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14624958/denver-need-pressure-change-tendencies-stifle-tom-brady-nfl

uplink
01-22-2016, 08:20 AM
broncos dominate AFCCG, the only real loss was to rapesburger, clearly should have won the one they lost against the Bills. I'm expecting a win.

Bronco Rob
01-22-2016, 09:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Broncos 2016 <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF">@ProFootballHOF</a> finalists Steve Atwater, John Lynch and <a href="https://twitter.com/Terrell_Davis">@Terrell_Davis</a> will be honorary captains for AFC championship game</p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/690570110461865984">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ludo21
01-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Biggest Matchups:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/21/nfl-nfc-afc-conference-championship-game-preview

Broncos CB Chris Harris vs. Patriots WR Julian Edelman
Let’s say Harris plays this entire game with his injured shoulder. (He told the Denver Post he “played with one arm the whole game” last weekend vs. the Steelers). Harris likely will be slotted across from Edelman, whose return after a half-season on the shelf from a foot injury was a triumphant one against Kansas City in the divisional playoffs. His 10 catches for 100 yards came on an astounding 16 targets, most for him since Week 2. Six of those 10 catches came over the middle, with Edelman benefiting from rub routes and/or holes in a zone defense as Kansas City seemed content to rush four defenders and let Brady pick them apart. That was working for the Chiefs when Edelman was finding his rhythm and dropping footballs early, but not once he and Brady rediscovered their groove. If anybody on the Broncos roster is capable of keeping that from happening again, it’s Harris, who played a team-high 97% of Denver’s defensive snaps this season. He’s the rare No. 1 corner who lives in the slot in nickel and dime situations, in part because Aqib Talib and Bradley Roby can struggle there, and in larger part because Harris is so damn good at it. But how good can he be, with open field to his left and right, with just one arm?

TonyR
01-22-2016, 09:33 AM
Biggest Matchups:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/21/nfl-nfc-afc-conference-championship-game-preview

Broncos CB Chris Harris vs. Patriots WR Julian Edelman
Letís say Harris plays this entire game with his injured shoulder. (He told the Denver Post he ďplayed with one arm the whole gameĒ last weekend vs. the Steelers). Harris likely will be slotted across from Edelman, whose return after a half-season on the shelf from a foot injury was a triumphant one against Kansas City in the divisional playoffs. His 10 catches for 100 yards came on an astounding 16 targets, most for him since Week 2. Six of those 10 catches came over the middle, with Edelman benefiting from rub routes and/or holes in a zone defense as Kansas City seemed content to rush four defenders and let Brady pick them apart. That was working for the Chiefs when Edelman was finding his rhythm and dropping footballs early, but not once he and Brady rediscovered their groove. If anybody on the Broncos roster is capable of keeping that from happening again, itís Harris, who played a team-high 97% of Denverís defensive snaps this season. Heís the rare No. 1 corner who lives in the slot in nickel and dime situations, in part because Aqib Talib and Bradley Roby can struggle there, and in larger part because Harris is so damn good at it. But how good can he be, with open field to his left and right, with just one arm?

Yeah, unfortunately that injury is pretty huge for us. And not in a good way.

ludo21
01-22-2016, 09:37 AM

Definitely a negative. I suppose if we can get Kayvon in space to tackle like we used Bruton effectively maybe we can have him around the ball flying around.

OABB
01-22-2016, 09:46 AM

If he was healthy I have no doubt we win. This is a huge huge blow.

TonyR
01-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Really, really need to pressure Brady without blitzing. Our front four really have to come up huge in this game. That and we need to run the football. So, as is usually the case, it's all about controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides. That and don't turn the ball over. Sounds so simple, and yet it's so difficult.

Bronco Rob
01-22-2016, 09:53 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Is this a <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> tailgate or the state Senate? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/coleg?src=hash">#coleg</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/copolitics?src=hash">#copolitics</a> <a href="https://t.co/ocLA7Bq88R">pic.twitter.com/ocLA7Bq88R</a></p>&mdash; John Frank (@ByJohnFrank) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByJohnFrank/status/690567907479199744">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

Gort
01-22-2016, 10:01 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Broncos 2016 <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF">@ProFootballHOF</a> finalists Steve Atwater, John Lynch and <a href="https://twitter.com/Terrell_Davis">@Terrell_Davis</a> will be honorary captains for AFC championship game</p>&mdash; Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/690570110461865984">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

cool.

also, i hope we wear blue jerseys for the game. i feel like those would be "lucky" for us. probably too late to make a change, but one can hope...

i like the orange, but this is a special game and calls for something a little special. what's more special than the uniform we wore on our two Lombardi runs?

ludo21
01-22-2016, 10:06 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">��facts <a href="https://t.co/P8ZbO7s2fQ">pic.twitter.com/P8ZbO7s2fQ</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/690580459185635332">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

ludo21
01-22-2016, 10:07 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OrangeFriday?src=hash">#OrangeFriday</a> at the state Senate!

<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BeatThePatriots?src=hash">#BeatThePatriots</a> <a href="https://t.co/RVjXtoXQQH">pic.twitter.com/RVjXtoXQQH</a></p>&mdash; Denver Broncos (@Broncos) <a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/690578604913233921">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

this is fun.