PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Told Emmanuel Sanders To Be Ready For His Self-Sack

Bronco Rob
01-18-2016, 08:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Jrb8Klk.gif

For a Broncos’ offense without much going in the air (Peyton Manning’s struggles didn’t magically go away, though the receivers’ drops may have hurt more than anything else), Denver’s longest play from scrimmage was a weird one. Early in the fourth quarter, Manning slid to the turf to avoid perceived pressure—then realized no whistle had blown, so he got to his feet and found a wide-open Emmanuel Sanders for 34 yards.

The play succeeded because Sanders kept running, while William Gay, in coverage, did not. Manning revealed after the game that that was no accident, even if it wasn’t drawn up that way:

“I was stepping up. When you fake that way and kind of get your head around, I felt that guy closing, so I stepped up and kind of leaned forward. My momentum kind of just took me down, I guess. I didn’t think that he had touched me. I told Emmanuel just to kind of be alert in case I fall down, get back up, to be uncovered.”

http://deadspin.com/peyton-manning-told-emmanuel-sanders-to-be-ready-for-hi-1753564783?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

strafen
01-18-2016, 08:19 AM
I've heard the news live
He did say that but with tongue in cheek

Kaylore
01-18-2016, 08:26 AM
Why when Russel Wilson does it, is everyone like "wow!" and when Manning did it, half the board was like "**** YOU! START BROCK!"

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2016, 08:27 AM
Lol.

I mean, you guys don't really believe that ****, right?

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2016, 08:28 AM
Why when Russel Wilson does it, is everyone like "wow!" and when Manning did it, half the board was like "**** YOU! START BROCK!"

It was much prettier when Wilson did it.

But damn did the Vikings get effed that game. That was just about the only think the Cawks got going on offense all day.

frozenconcentratedorange
01-18-2016, 08:30 AM
To be honest I don't see the controversy.
It wasn't feet first and he didn't stay down.
To "give yourself up" you have to either slide or stay down with no effort to get up and continue.
Also, it is extremely rare even when a player gives themselves up for no defender to touch them, you usually see a guy run in and tip them on the back to end the play.

If Peyton had stayed down a few seconds I could see the issue, but realistically with how old and slow Peyton is that was pretty much a straight bounce back to his feet.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2016, 08:31 AM
Lol.

We got so ****ing lucky on that.

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2016, 08:39 AM
And you bitches (you know who you are) are lucky I don't mod this board anymore. Cause I'd throw you out.

OABB
01-18-2016, 08:40 AM
What is weird is that that play made me happy. It shows manning is willing to try at least. Yes it was his typical self sack. But he got up this time and made a play. That is all I ever want from him.

Atwater His Ass
01-18-2016, 08:42 AM
You have to watch his press conference and see the way he said it for the full effect. He turtled and it worked out. Great, longest pass play of the game, but certaintly wasn't intentional.

Manning also said several times he wanted to get to film study early so he could delete this play from the study sessions.

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2016, 08:42 AM
It wasn't a self sack because there was no sack. give the guy some credit. :)

OABB
01-18-2016, 08:43 AM
It wasn't a self sack because there was no sack. give the guy some credit. :)

Truth.

ChampJesusBailey
01-18-2016, 08:45 AM
This is slightly more believable than the Brocktards saying they're happy we won yesterday.

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 08:46 AM
He may be old, but he got up pretty quickly. Also had some nice zip on a windy day.

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 08:48 AM
That play would have been iconic if Emmanuel ran for a TD. :D

OABB
01-18-2016, 08:49 AM
This is slightly more believable than the Brocktards saying they're happy we won yesterday.

You really think we aren't happy that our beloved team is two wins away from a world championship?

GreatBronco16
01-18-2016, 08:49 AM
Who's got the video of it? Got up pretty quickly??? Seemed like an eternity when I saw it live.:giggle:

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 08:53 AM
I hope so too. One last ride and I'm going to enjoy it.

BroncosfanGuy
01-18-2016, 08:53 AM
my favorite play of the game

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Who's got the video of it? Got up pretty quickly??? Seemed like an eternity when I saw it live.:giggle:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4583670&postcount=5

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 08:55 AM
In celebration of the win, I'm going shopping and getting my favorite drink at Starbucks

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2016, 08:56 AM
He's really gotta flail his whole body into throws. Really hoping he gets to go out with a championship for the Broncos sake and his legacy's, but the writing is very much on the wall.

We absolutely have to run well to get the kind of open throws PfM needs at this point.

It may work against the Pats. I think we can run on 'em. I shudder at the thought of Carolina or Zona though.

Manning would have to play his best football of the last 2 seasons to give us much hope.

Unless the D steps up and locks 'em down and wins on turnovers.

GreatBronco16
01-18-2016, 08:57 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4583670&postcount=5

Thanks, blocked at work which is why I didn't see it. Just have to wait till I get home.

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 08:57 AM
twitter

Broncos Steelers on CBS was highest-rated Sunday AFC divisional playoff game in 21 years, and highest-rated game on any network in 2015–16.

yerner
01-18-2016, 09:02 AM
When I see that play, and alot of the other throws he was making yesterday I really start to think this offense has really been problem the whole season. It really hasn't been the qb's.
Brock didn't put up points, Manning's not putting up points, Kubiaks system just killed them this season.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2016, 09:06 AM
He's really gotta flail his whole body into throws. Really hoping he gets to go out with a championship for the Broncos sake and his legacy's, but the writing is very much on the wall.

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2016, 09:10 AM
When I see that play, and alot of the other throws he was making yesterday I really start to think this offense has really been problem the whole season. It really hasn't been the qb's.
Brock didn't put up points, Manning's not putting up points, Kubiaks system just killed them this season.

Kubiak wants to run the ball and control the tempo of the game. Nothing wrong with that, but great coaches do what they need to do to win. We've in essence done that all season.

swaiy
01-18-2016, 09:12 AM
In celebration of the win, I'm going shopping and getting my favorite drink at Starbucks

Whoa let's not get carried away. They haven't won the super bowl just yet.

OABB
01-18-2016, 09:15 AM

There are so many problems on this offense... And they all point to the line.

TNF
01-18-2016, 09:19 AM
Did anyone here or in the media mention pfm passing farve for most wins?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2016, 09:21 AM

No, because this was a playoff game and that stat is for regular season wins.

yerner
01-18-2016, 09:27 AM

Obviously I agree, but it's also something with the routes and the way they create mismatches. It just seems so old. It takes forever to get someone open. There's no rhythm to the attack. The quarterback has to rely too much on pass protection with the drop backs and long routes.

oubronco
01-18-2016, 09:32 AM
Awesome play but got lucky they didn't get a block in the back on 81

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Whoa let's not get carried away. They haven't won the super bowl just yet.

:P
Starbucks iced caramel macchiato

ColoradoDarin
01-18-2016, 09:41 AM
So we finally got the kicking and screaming version of Manning?

more

games.

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 09:42 AM

A lot of people have been asking this question but it doesn't count.

I'm sure if it did, Jim Nantz would be all over it. Lol

Rohirrim
01-18-2016, 10:10 AM
I get the feeling PM was pulling the reporter's leg.

Gort
01-18-2016, 10:11 AM
best part. watch #69.

"ho hum. i guess the play's over. let me look and see if Peyton is still alive. oh sheet! play's not over! gotta do something."

Mediator12
01-18-2016, 10:26 AM
I still think he has the vision to find the open guy... our guys need to catch the ball.

And perhaps most importantly, we need a gameplan that features Demaryius and Sanders as opposed to Fowler and Norwood... the amount of targets they got in the first half was absolutely INFURIATING to me.

All in all, I have been underwhelmed with the game plans this year and a lot of the mental errors happening on offense. Stuff that is simply inexcusable by this time of the year. If guys can not handle it, stop freaking doing it!

NFLBRONCO
01-18-2016, 10:31 AM

Close 2nd hands of stone

SVine
01-18-2016, 10:34 AM
And you b****es (you know who you are) are lucky I don't mod this board anymore. Cause I'd throw you out.

Why? Because stating that Manning was lucky that there was no Steeler coming in from the left? Are you suggesting that luck didn't play a role in this play?

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2016, 10:36 AM
I still think he has the vision to find the open guy... our guys need to catch the ball.

And perhaps most importantly, we need a gameplan that features Demaryius and Sanders as opposed to Fowler and Norwood... the amount of targets they got in the first half was absolutely INFURIATING to me.

Yeah, you'd think "Get DT in 1-1 and go there" would be a pretty steady part of our diet.

Sometimes these things get overthought.

SVine
01-18-2016, 10:36 AM
You really think we aren't happy that our beloved team is two wins away from a world championship?

Yeah, an idiotic post and banworthy simply because he is questioning the loyalty of some of the fans.

Mediator12
01-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Yeah, an idiotic post and banworthy simply because he is questioning the loyalty of some of the fans.

I disagree. Some people come here to let off steam, but negativity is a complete problem around here right now. Way too many people think they are right about who should start at QB and want to pound any dissent into that narrative into the ground.

The problem is there is no great solution to this problem and no way to prove anyone's point. Yet, they still want to argue for the sake of argument. I am very tired of it and I have stayed away a lot because of it. It makes the OM look like a bunch of whiny "know it alls" who want to be superior to the orange glasses homers. Its just a lot of negativity I do not need right now, and choose to ignore as much as possible.

I will talk about the football we can see all we want, but the what if crap needs to go.

SVine
01-18-2016, 10:57 AM
I disagree. Some people come here to let off steam, but negativity is a complete problem around here right now. Way too many people think they are right about who should start at QB and want to pound any dissent into that narrative into the ground.

The problem is there is no great solution to this problem and no way to prove anyone's point. Yet, they still want to argue for the sake of argument. I am very tired of it and I have stayed away a lot because of it. It makes the OM look like a bunch of whiny "know it alls" who want to be superior to the orange glasses homers. Its just a lot of negativity I do not need right now, and choose to ignore as much as possible.

I will talk about the football we can see all we want, but the what if crap needs to go.

So do you think the people who say Brock should be the starter should be banned?

Brock has shown that he can be extremely accurate with his passes- especially mid-deep middle crossing routes, and has shown incredible intangibles and leadership leading comeback wins to two of the top teams in the AFC. The only thing that Manning has over Brock his pre-snap reads and audibles. But even in this regard, Manning was fairly bad at yesterday.

A lot of people are saw what Brock can do, and felt he was unjustly pulled against San Diego, and genuinely feels that he gives Denver the best chance to win. Of course a lot of people are frustrated because of how this qb situation has played out. A lot of people that are frustrated are likely many of the same ones that felt Manning should have retired, and Manning's play up to the Chiefs home game justified that sentiment.

So, in order to shut up Manning's critics, he is going to have to play well (he didn't yesterday- although he wasn't terrible). Until he does that, this forum is likely not going to be a pleasant place for the people who believe Manning gives Denver the best chance.

Taco John
01-18-2016, 11:21 AM

It's pretty hard to believe given all the crying over it.

IndelibleScribe
01-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Peyton was a G on that play. I don't care if he was joking or if it was planned. It worked!

OABB
01-18-2016, 12:45 PM

Well wipe your eyes and you will see clearer.

Edit: Oh.... You meant me crying?

GreatBronco16
01-18-2016, 01:16 PM

Ok, who is actually upset that we beat Pitt with Manning and are one game closer to the SB???

That wolf guy. Who else. There must be around 30 names you can give us since there is 'all the crying going on'

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2016, 01:19 PM
Ok, who is actually upset that we beat Pitt with Manning and are one game closer to the SB???

That wolf guy. Who else. There must be around 30 names you can give us since there is 'all the crying going on'

Ag.
OAB would be partying much harder on here with a L. Especially if pfm had thrown a pick or 4.

GreatBronco16
01-18-2016, 01:21 PM
Ag.

Really?? I'm yet to see a post by him.

So really it's just the usual. Wolf, Ag, and a bunch of people that just signed up?

Yeah, how can we manage with all the negativity.

Brocktologist
01-18-2016, 01:24 PM

ADD ME AND MY BRO OABB TO THAT LIST. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE LOSE AND ARE PROVEN RIGHT. WE ARE GOING TO GIVE THIS PLACE HELL.

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2016, 01:25 PM
Really?? I'm yet to see a post by him.

So really it's just the usual. Wolf, Ag, and a bunch of people that just signed up?

Yeah, how can we manage with all the negativity.

I don't usually complain much about it. Fan forums are what they are.

And it's much more tolerable when we win, don't get me wrong.

The worst is when we lose and all the "homers" (Bronco fans) go into hibernation while the Chicken Littles spend hours telling us how their favorite team losing validates all their football takes, penis sizes, and general approaches to life and its mysteries.

Oh and from what I heard, Ag lost his **** the week we clinched the #1 seed and got banned. Odd time for a Broncos fan to get banned, but there it is.

Not sure what his status is.

muninoel
01-18-2016, 01:29 PM
Corrected thread name should read:

Peyton Manning Told Emmanuel Sanders To Be Ready For His Sack

OABB
01-18-2016, 01:34 PM
ADD ME AND MY BRO OABB TO THAT LIST. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE LOSE AND ARE PROVEN RIGHT. WE ARE GOING TO GIVE THIS PLACE HELL.

I Love this parody account so hard

OABB
01-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Ag.
OAB would be partying much harder on here with a L. Especially if pfm had thrown a pick or 4.

Oh yes. The Broncos losing is always a party for me. That's why I punched through my wall the last time we lost.

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Oh yes. The Broncos losing is always a party for me. That's why I punched through my wall the last time we lost.

I get fired up to, but no need to damage things. It's not just a game for hardcore people, but it is just a game.

Garcia Bronco
01-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Why? Because stating that Manning was lucky that there was no Steeler coming in from the left? Are you suggesting that luck didn't play a role in this play?

It's not the content...it's the quantity from the same suspects. Aka as spam trolling. If you think that's you and the way you personally conduct yourself here...then yeah...I'd throw you out.

OABB
01-18-2016, 01:40 PM
I get fired up to, but no need to damage things. It's not just a game for hardcore people, but it is just a game.

Well I am an idiot. So there is that.

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2016, 01:40 PM

I can relate man. I used to lose my **** when we got derailed in the old days.

All I'm saying is if we'd lost because of Manning yesterday this place would be a ghost town inhabited only by a few crows jerking each other off about how everyone that split town was a tool that hated Brock Osweiler.

bronco0608
01-18-2016, 01:42 PM
Well wipe your eyes and you will see clearer.

Edit: Oh.... You meant me crying?

https://i.imgflip.com/xkm3i.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/xkm3i)

OABB
01-18-2016, 01:43 PM
I can relate man. I used to lose my **** when we got derailed in the old days.

All I'm saying is if we'd lost because of Manning yesterday this place would be a ghost town inhabited only by a few crows jerking each other off about how everyone that split town was a tool that hated Brock Osweiler.

Oh yes for sure. what else is there to do after you lose than b****? It helps us deal

OABB
01-18-2016, 01:46 PM

I haven't seen anyone unhappy we won. If they are then they are not a fan. I won twice yesterday so I was super happy.

Pul2Eject
01-18-2016, 01:48 PM
I get the feeling PM was pulling the reporter's leg. You got it right. Newsflash to others....
Peyton has a sense of humor. Yahoo sports took it Hook line and sinker too. No surprise. They are waiting for Saunders to verify...."Yeah. Designed play all the way. Omaha Turtle Flip 10...on one"

BroncoBeavis
01-18-2016, 01:51 PM
Oh yes for sure. what else is there to do after you lose than b****? It helps us deal

Most people want to look forward and not dwell on the couldda and mighta beens.

There's no telling.

Broz brings more athletically at this point, NQA.

But Manning's a field general with impacts on the field that the casual fan can't even detect, let alone address.

It was a tough call, but could have gone either way. One last ride, or see what the kid is made of....Tough choice for the coach, but I'm not sure why that's worth beating anyone up over. And I'm not necessarily aiming that exactly at you.

Some fans are just predisposed to hope for the best. It's not their intent to piss all over your corn flakes.

OABB
01-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Most people want to look forward and not dwell on the couldda and mighta beens.

There's no telling.

Broz brings more athletically at this point, NQA.

But Manning's a field general with impacts on the field that the casual fan can't even detect, let alone address.

It was a tough call, but could go either way. Tough choice for the coach, but I'm not sure why that's worth beating anyone up over. And I'm not necessarily aiming that exactly at you.

Some fans are just predisposed to hope for the best. It's not their intent to piss all over your corn flakes.

I know. I don't tell people how to be fans. That seems to be the thing to do I guess. Not my style. If you want to be deluded be deluded. We are all adults.

I will however point out hypocracy, irony and said delusion because, while a I won't get on people for how they cheer, I will get on them for being purposely stupid.

My therapist says I have an "issue" with letting people who aren't stupid choose to be stupid. Who knows?

Pul2Eject
01-18-2016, 01:54 PM
Peyton cant roll out so he rolls in...literally! Captain Kirk is in awe. " He ......rolls! .....Strikes!........HOW?.......does he..............do it?

Brocktologist
01-18-2016, 01:58 PM
I haven't seen anyone unhappy we won. If they are then they are not a fan. I won twice yesterday so I was super happy.

UGH. PICK A SIDE BRO! YOU ARE REALLY THROWING ME OFF!

THROUGHOUT EVERY THREAD IM LIKE "YAH! THIS GUY GETS IT!" ESPECIALLY ON GAMEDAYS WHERE SOMETIMES IM LIKE "YOU ARE SO IN MY HEAD!". WE NEED TO STAND FOR BROCK, BRO, AT ALL COSTS. SCREW KUBES SCREW MANNING LED BRONCOS!

THEN YOU START DROPPING THINGS LIKE THIS THAT CONTRADICT EVERYTHING... YOU ARE REALLY CONFUSING..

OABB
01-18-2016, 02:00 PM
UGH. PICK A SIDE BRO! YOU ARE REALLY THROWING ME OFF!

THROUGHOUT EVERY THREAD IM LIKE "YAH! THIS GUY GETS IT!" ESPECIALLY ON GAMEDAYS WHERE SOMETIMES IM LIKE "YOU ARE SO IN MY HEAD!". WE NEED TO STAND FOR BROCK, BRO, AT ALL COSTS. SCREW KUBES SCREW MANNING LED BRONCOS!

THEN YOU START DROPPING THINGS LIKE THIS THAT CONTRADICT EVERYTHING... YOU ARE REALLY CONFUSING..

Hahahha! I love you taco

broncocalijohn
01-18-2016, 02:04 PM

Brock just can't make those fake moves like Manning can. It takes years of sloth like movement to make it believable.

2KBack
01-18-2016, 02:07 PM

you aren't undermining us as much as you think.

Also I will never be happy with a loss ever. That's whole reason I wanted Brock to start. He's not going to barring injury though, so All on the Manning train....but I'm not going to stop over analyzing everything...I get a ton of enjoyment out of that.

DHallblows
01-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Brock just can't make those fake moves like Manning can. It takes years of sloth like movement to make it believable.

I believe you call it "slow playing" in poker :~ohyah!:

OABB
01-18-2016, 02:17 PM
you aren't undermining us as much as you think.

Also I will never be happy with a loss ever. That's whole reason I wanted Brock to start. He's not going to barring injury though, so All on the Manning train....but I'm not going to stop over analyzing everything...I get a ton of enjoyment out of that.

He makes me laugh so hard

2KBack
01-18-2016, 02:20 PM
He makes me laugh so hard

I prefer Ock Brosweiler

OABB
01-18-2016, 02:28 PM
I prefer Ock Brosweiler

Yes. That one is genius. Still mad I didn't come up with it.

24champ
01-18-2016, 02:28 PM

Im fine with the keyboard GMs on here, that's harmless.

I just don't understand the negativity towards people that are enjoying this win regardless of what the stats show. When you are pissed off after a playoff win because a QB didn't throw 300 yards and 4 TDs, it's time for you to go take a walk outside and reevaluate your priorities in life. :giggle:

Maleficent
01-18-2016, 02:47 PM
twitter

Broncos Steelers on CBS was highest-rated Sunday AFC divisional playoff game in 21 years, and highest-rated game on any network in 201516.

43 million viewers for Pittsburgh-Denver AFC divisional game on CBS yesterday. Incredible.

SVine
01-18-2016, 02:53 PM

I just don't understand the negativity towards people that are enjoying this win regardless of what the stats show. When you are pissed off after a playoff win because a QB didn't throw 300 yards and 4 TDs, it's time for you to go take a walk outside and reevaluate your priorities in life. :giggle:

No middle ground between 9 pre-4th quarter points and 4 touchdowns? Hmmm that makes lots of sense.

Atwater His Ass
01-18-2016, 04:21 PM
Ag.

Look up his posts from last night if you want. OAB was crying up a storm. Hilarious!

Bronco Rob
01-18-2016, 05:01 PM

THIS!

Cleo McDowell
01-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Look up his posts from last night if you want. OAB was crying up a storm. Hilarious!

OABB is one of the key reasons this place has taken a downturn as of late. Some of these guys are obvious trolls here, but his passive aggressive posts are really annoying. His true colors show by his post history and if you've been here long enough, you will know he is a toxic drama queen that acts like a vengeful b*tch. it makes me truly happy that I don't know him in real life. I've been around some girls like this, it is a nightmare.

Bronx33
01-18-2016, 05:05 PM

And that's the truth.....

Bronx33
01-18-2016, 05:06 PM
And you b****es (you know who you are) are lucky I don't mod this board anymore. Cause I'd throw you out.

Hilarious!

MiamiChico
01-18-2016, 05:11 PM
I can already see it when we win SB50.................. "the possum" lol immortality

Bronx33
01-18-2016, 05:11 PM

I thought he got up like cheetah pouncing on a gazelle and delivered a pin point strike ( yes in real time) spilled my beer on that play.

Atwater His Ass
01-18-2016, 06:21 PM
OABB is one of the key reasons this place has taken a downturn as of late. Some of these guys are obvious trolls here, but his passive aggressive posts are really annoying. His true colors show by his post history and if you've been here long enough, you will know he is a toxic drama queen that acts like a vengeful b*tch. it makes me truly happy that I don't know him in real life. I've been around some girls like this, it is a nightmare.

OABB's a woman? Wow. Makes a lot more sense now.

GoneFishin'
01-18-2016, 08:08 PM

It's just funny watching how long it takes him to get up. Not exactly a graceful display of athleticism but effective none the less.

Jason in LA
01-18-2016, 08:28 PM

When I saw the play, my first thought was "at this point we'll take it anyway we can get it!" lol

Jason in LA
01-18-2016, 08:35 PM

I don't think it's Kubiak's system. I think that both QBs are incredibly flawed. Couple that with the issues that the O line has had, I don't think there is any system that would have turned this offense into anything better than what it is right now. At this point, if they don't turn the ball over consider that a win, because the defense is that damn good.

FireFly
01-18-2016, 08:42 PM

This is SO true.

Jason in LA
01-18-2016, 08:43 PM

That's the nature of any sports message board. We all act like we're know it alls, even though hardly any of us understand this game beyond a high school level at best, and I'd say that most people don't even understand it on that level. But we are all analyst. I mean, we're all smarting than Kubiak. ;D

Jason in LA
01-18-2016, 08:47 PM
So do you think the people who say Brock should be the starter should be banned?

Brock has shown that he can be extremely accurate with his passes- especially mid-deep middle crossing routes, and has shown incredible intangibles and leadership leading comeback wins to two of the top teams in the AFC. The only thing that Manning has over Brock his pre-snap reads and audibles. But even in this regard, Manning was fairly bad at yesterday.

A lot of people are saw what Brock can do, and felt he was unjustly pulled against San Diego, and genuinely feels that he gives Denver the best chance to win. Of course a lot of people are frustrated because of how this qb situation has played out. A lot of people that are frustrated are likely many of the same ones that felt Manning should have retired, and Manning's play up to the Chiefs home game justified that sentiment.

So, in order to shut up Manning's critics, he is going to have to play well (he didn't yesterday- although he wasn't terrible). Until he does that, this forum is likely not going to be a pleasant place for the people who believe Manning gives Denver the best chance.

Winning cures all, and if the Broncos win the Super Bowl, everybody will be going nuts. The one thing I'm worried about would be the Manning supporters trying to make it difficult for anybody who wasn't on his side to enjoy the win. I don't think that Manning is the best option, but I'm loving it that they are still alive. Anybody who wants to take that from me can kiss my ass.

Cleo McDowell
01-18-2016, 09:35 PM
Winning cures all, and if the Broncos win the Super Bowl, everybody will be going nuts. The one thing I'm worried about would be the Manning supporters trying to make it difficult for anybody who wasn't on his side to enjoy the win. I don't think that Manning is the best option, but I'm loving it that they are still alive. Anybody who wants to take that from me can kiss my ass.

While I agree with everyone going nuts if we win the SB, I'm not sure we see "Manning supporters" making things difficult for majority here. The manning supporters I see here are those that yes, like manning over brock, but support the team over everything else (like myself and a lot of others here).

Its the butt-hurt few brock supporters that piss on every positive (either overtly or passive aggressively) in what seems like every chain--that's what is troubling and annoying as hell.

wolf754life
01-18-2016, 10:01 PM
THe Acolytes are somehow better fans than the people who know Manning is used up and want a young bright future QB to lead us for years...

ManningFans> Brock Fans

broncocalijohn
01-18-2016, 11:00 PM

Lol! Aren't you the guy that had a "smilies" named after you went you went nuts on not a game but a draft pick?

:garcia::garcia::garcia:

OABB
01-18-2016, 11:20 PM

Wait, my post history is the cause of a latent down turn?

2KBack
01-19-2016, 05:49 AM
While I agree with everyone going nuts if we win the SB, I'm not sure we see "Manning supporters" making things difficult for majority here. The manning supporters I see here are those that yes, like manning over brock, but support the team over everything else (like myself and a lot of others here).

Its the butt-hurt few brock supporters that piss on every positive (either overtly or passive aggressively) in what seems like every chain--that's what is troubling and annoying as hell.

You realize Jason in LA is a "Brock" supporter, as am I. We have both mentioned several times that despite that we are rooting for Denver and whoever is QB-ing all the way. I know I don't take too kindly to be called butt-hurt or a "Brocktard." I think posters have been far more vicious to those of us simply defending Brock than the other way around. I don't see a lot of Fake Meyton Fanning posters running around trying to mock people.

Cleo McDowell
01-19-2016, 09:58 AM
You realize Jason in LA is a "Brock" supporter, as am I. We have both mentioned several times that despite that we are rooting for Denver and whoever is QB-ing all the way. I know I don't take too kindly to be called butt-hurt or a "Brocktard." I think posters have been far more vicious to those of us simply defending Brock than the other way around. I don't see a lot of Fake Meyton Fanning posters running around trying to mock people.

I think there is a clear difference we are missing here. I am definitely not saying that "all brock supporters are 'brocktards' and are annoyingly butt-hurt".

There are supporters of a player who have provided reasonable POV's (e.g. Jason and yourself) and share fair dialogue. I love and respect that in a message board /community as that provides a forum to listen outside of our own vacuums. It provides great learning and is one of the reasons I joined this community and continue to come back.

Then there are the butt-hurt posters who turn every thread to ****, discouraging dialogue with their **** spam. It's obvious to many who these posters are..

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-19-2016, 10:00 AM
^

L0L.

Cleo McDowell.

Possibly the greatest username ever. :laugh: ^5

Oranged
01-19-2016, 11:04 AM
By the time I got to the end of this thread, I literally had forgotten the topic. And while getting to this point I can't figure out if there is a ton of homophobia going on, or frustrated release of man-love through pseudo hetero projection.

Anyway, when I look at the video it looks like he dives/half slides, several defenders back off the gas, he sees the moment and jumps up for the pass. Obviously wasn't planned, probably 50/50 on the referee if they would have called the play dead, and likely not to happen again anytime soon.....

OABB
01-19-2016, 11:27 AM

Manning fans aren't as funny or charming either.

Smiling Assassin27
01-19-2016, 02:55 PM
That thing was quacking the whole way.

Garcia Bronco
01-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Lol! Aren't you the guy that had a "smilies" named after you went you went nuts on not a game but a draft pick?

:garcia::garcia::garcia:

Man...throw a laptop out a window after we draft Lelie 15 years ago and they never let you forget it :)

Bronco Yoda
01-19-2016, 04:32 PM
best part. watch #69.

"ho hum. i guess the play's over. let me look and see if Peyton is still alive. oh sheet! play's not over! gotta do something."

If I recall correctly, he was doing that all fricken long even on running plays. I would strap his ass on a sled all week long!

Bronco Yoda
01-19-2016, 04:35 PM
It's the old 'I've fallen but I CAN get up' play. I'll take it!

DENVERDUI55
01-20-2016, 01:05 PM
All in all, I have been underwhelmed with the game plans this year and a lot of the mental errors happening on offense. Stuff that is simply inexcusable by this time of the year. If guys can not handle it, stop freaking doing it!

This is one reason that I have a bad feeling in my gut about Sunday. I think Kubiak will draw up the same predictable game plan and Pats will eat it alive.

BroncoBeavis
01-20-2016, 01:48 PM
This is one reason that I have a bad feeling in my gut about Sunday. I think Kubiak will draw up the same predictable game plan and Pats will eat it alive.

It'll be just like January 2006 all over again! ???