PDA

View Full Version : What was the most unusual aspect to the Bronco regular season?

orinjkrush
01-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Post what you think was the most unusual or unexpected aspect to this regular season.

Was it how bad PFM was?

Was it how awesome the D became?

Was it how well Brock steered the ship for the time he was in?

Was it how bad the O line was despite the ZBS?

What was it?

goldengopher1976
01-15-2016, 11:46 AM
The "win-loss" phenomenon among fans.

spdirty
01-15-2016, 11:46 AM
How we went from might not make the playoffs during the bengals game to just 6 days later having the number 1 seed.

But most unusual is why they continue to start Michael Schofield.

TonyR
01-15-2016, 11:49 AM
That we managed to go 12-4, win the division, and get the #1 seed despite having a terrible O-line and well below average offense.

BroncoFanatic
01-15-2016, 11:51 AM
How Manning didnt play for 6 games and still nearly won the INT title

ColoradoDarin
01-15-2016, 11:55 AM
All of the above, so far.

B-Large
01-15-2016, 11:55 AM
The fact that Chef Luigi is wrong about almost everything isn't unusual at all

Orange_pride77
01-15-2016, 12:05 PM
The fact that Manning played so bad, and yet we won 12 games and the #1 seed. Seriously did not see any of that happening. The defense just wouldn't let the team down. Amazing.

boppool
01-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Schofield in the starting lineup for a playoff game at RT...

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Post what you think was the most unusual or unexpected aspect to this regular season.

Was it how bad PFM was?

Was it how awesome the D became?

Was it how well Brock steered the ship for the time he was in?

Was it how bad the O line was despite the ZBS?

What was it?

Back in June,

Knew Manning would be terrible and get hurt sometime around Nov. Knew the defense was going to be great but not historic. Knew Brock would show something. Knew the OL was was going to be insanely bad.

Most unusual aspect for me was still getting the 1 seed after all that happened.

IA-Broncosfan53
01-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Beating the Pats and Bengals at home, but losing to the Chiefs and Raiders. We lost to the Raiders. At home. What?

Smiling Assassin27
01-15-2016, 12:18 PM
That suicides on the Mane didn't set a record.

OABB
01-15-2016, 12:18 PM
How fans got more excited about a 69 yard passing performance and audibles against the worst D in the league than they did have a young QB make three 14 point comebacks against the two best teams in the conference that led to the number one seed.

I would say that.

Yep. Pretty much that .

OABB
01-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Most definitely that

oubronco
01-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Kubiak's unwillingness to give Schofield help

Das Rote Baron
01-15-2016, 12:31 PM
ManninHGH's miraculous return to his kryptonite, the playoffs.

Broncoblood32
01-15-2016, 12:39 PM
The simple fact that the highest rated QB on the roster is 25th in the NFL and they still got the number 1 seed.

For those that insist that this is a QB driven league.....

Let me put this way.....

Top 6 defenses in the NFL ranked.

1. Denver
2. Seattle
3. Houston
4. Jets
5. Cardinals
6. Panthers
7. KC
8. Baltimore
9. Patriots
10. Bengals

In todays NFL, I guess the Broncos having some of the worst QB play in the NFL and being the number 1 seed.

OABB
01-15-2016, 12:40 PM
ManninHGH's miraculous return to his kryptonite, the playoffs.

Manning in the playoffs is not unusual idiot.

Gcver2ver3
01-15-2016, 12:43 PM
How we went from might not make the playoffs during the bengals game to just 6 days later having the number 1 seed.

But most unusual is why they continue to start Michael Schofield.

gonna be hard to top this post...

TerrElway
01-15-2016, 12:44 PM
The sheer amount of bitchery and whineration by fans of a flawed team that kicked and fought and scratched and grinded it's way through injuries and personnel issues to a 12-4 record and the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Seriously, if someone would've come back from the future and posted here in August that the Broncos were going to finish the regular season 12-4 and have the #1 seed, most fan-bases would be elated. Ours would've started 50 threads on who's the horrible **** up that screwed the team into 4 losses and lamented the orange and blue clad ****pile that is the Broncos of Denver.

For some reason, the intensity of the vitriol in the fanbase and how many people seem angry THAT THEIR TEAM WON BUT DIDN'T WIN GOOD ENOUGH!

Das Rote Baron
01-15-2016, 12:45 PM
Manning in the playoffs is not unusual idiot.

Not what I said buttercup. His miraculous return is.

Papa-pwn
01-15-2016, 12:49 PM
How there's actually a significant amount of OTs that Schofield has outperformed, yet everyone is unanimous on his needing to be replaced.

While there has been arguably one worse QB than Manning, yet there are still those with delusions of grandeur.. Visions of 28 year old manning dancing in their heads, blotting out the reality of his continuing age and his 29 ints and 6 fumbles in his last 19 starts

Also Unusual to me was just how much better Os looked in comparison to Manning, yet there are actually people who think Manning gives us a better chance to win. The same guy who tried to lose us several games this year. Cleveland, anyone? Thanks defense

OABB
01-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Not what I said buttercup. His miraculous return is.

Oh. Well yes then I agree. He should still be the backup

Rohirrim
01-15-2016, 12:50 PM
#1 seed. I still don't know how that happened.

Miss I.
01-15-2016, 12:52 PM
That John got the team he wanted, a team that would dig, claw and go out kicking and screaming instead of being "not too shabby" and got the #1 seed.

Also OABB's borderline psychotic Chrissy like love of OZ is somewhat unexpected. ;D

OABB
#1 seed. I still don't know how that happened.

We beat the bengals and patriots.

Papa-pwn
How fans got more excited about a 69 yard passing performance and audibles against the worst D in the league than they did have a young QB make three 14 point comebacks against the two best teams in the conference that led to the number one seed.

I would say that.

Yep. Pretty much that .

If anything it should be alarming how drastically Os has outperformed manning in the two games they shared time in, yet Manning is the guy moving forward. HOFer, legacy, experience, blah blah blah. Manning is clearly an inferior player and that's what matters right now for our playoff chances.

Das Rote Baron
01-15-2016, 12:53 PM
#1 seed. I still don't know how that happened. The Patriots choked down the stretch.

Papa-pwn
01-15-2016, 12:53 PM

He's loyal to a fault, starting two players at key positions that clearly have no business starting in this league. While more capable players sit behind them.

LeftCoastBronco
01-15-2016, 01:17 PM
We completely gave our #1 seed away by blowing it and losing to the _aiders, and somehow got it given back to us.

LeftCoastBronco
01-15-2016, 01:18 PM
Michael "Lawn-Chair" Schofield

Kubiak's_Rube
01-15-2016, 01:37 PM

I would say that.

Yep. Pretty much that .

So much this!

And Oz, as a first year starter, overcoming the devastating injuries to the entire projected offensive line for this season (along with the inexplicable trade of Clark) and the ham hands of our receiving corps!

Gort
01-15-2016, 03:39 PM
the fact that a vocal minority of fans insisted from training camp forward that we needed to get Brock into a handful of games and give him meaningful reps so that we could evaluate whether he had a future here. this information would be of critical importance come the free agency period at the end of the season. through the first 9 games (and also during his first 3 years), no matter what Brock did, he couldn't get past Peyton to get on the field and play some series. and then, out of nowhere, Peyton gets hurt (sucks) so bad that Brock gets 7 full games (going 5-2) to show the world whether he is the QBotF. i honestly didn't expect that. i thought we'd go into the free agency period still not knowing whether we had a draft bust or a draft diamond as our backup QB. very fortuitously, we got to see Brock for a long stretch in spite of Peyton (and Kubes). meanwhile, this allowed Peyton to rest and heal and now we have PFM going into the playoffs in what's likely the best health of his career (at least since the neck surgeries). it almost couldn't have worked out better for the Broncos.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Nobody went to jail

Bronco Yoda
01-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Schofield keeping his job by playing the naked-Elway-pics card.

orinjkrush
01-15-2016, 05:43 PM
almost everything posted......

is on target....

and simply amazing.

win or lose, what a weird season.

the first half of the season, they looked like McDouche revisited.

the second half of the season they were alternately: world beaters and chumps.

I guess I have no clue (fire away on that) as to who will show up for Peeteysburg.

Will they be still hungry or will they be "we're the one seed" and be done?

Archer81
01-15-2016, 06:13 PM
Probably the up and down nature of the team throughout the year. Nothing went the way you would expect. Beat the undefeated packers, defeat the undefeated patriots, defeat the bengals...then lose to Oakland and have a 17 point lead on the Steelers, then not score a single point in the 2nd half and lose the game.

Just weird, man.

:Broncos:

Drunk Monkey
01-15-2016, 06:20 PM
My biggest surprise is how well the Defense played. I thought we would be improved with Wade coming to town but did not expect the level of dominance they have showed. Without this D we are the team many of us thought they would field this year.

underrated29
01-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Ronnie Hillman actually learned how to run decently.

underrated29
01-15-2016, 06:38 PM
If anything it should be alarming how drastically Os has outperformed manning in the two games they shared time in, yet Manning is the guy moving forward. HOFer, legacy, experience, blah blah blah. Manning is clearly an inferior player and that's what matters right now for our playoff chances.

You do know that oz is hurt right? Like badly enough that simien may have to be active because Brock is messed up.

You are aware of this aren't you?

OABB
01-15-2016, 06:51 PM
You do know that oz is hurt right? Like badly enough that simien may have to be active because Brock is messed up.

You are aware of this aren't you?

Brock practiced today.

yerner
01-15-2016, 06:58 PM
Smaller scale, Sly Williams making nobody miss Potroast. People where schofielding him last season.

peacepipe
01-15-2016, 07:36 PM
My biggest surprise is how well the Defense played. I thought we would be improved with Wade coming to town but did not expect the level of dominance they have showed. Without this D we are the team many of us thought they would field this year.

He way the defense played is about the only thing I did expect. I've been saying for the past few years that our D was better suited for the 3-4.

Gort
01-15-2016, 07:42 PM
Smaller scale, Sly Williams making nobody miss Potroast. People where schofielding him last season.

Pot Roast's asinine behavior on the way out of the door last year made nobody miss Pot Roast.

he's a classic example of a player who should never comment about contracts and defer to his agent on all matters related to money and contracts. his mouth wrote a check he couldn't cash and he ended up settling for much less than he would have if he hadn't said a word.

4Horsemen
01-15-2016, 07:44 PM
the most amazing thing to me is not what happened on the field, rather off the field. more specific, on broncos message boards all over the interwebs, including one i'll call...orangehair.com

it is amazing to me a team with a nice slot in the playoffs, number 1 seed included, certain posters (not limited to posters with pictures of shirtless QBs) would still rather lose, spew how Oz would have "thrown for 6 tds and ran for a buck 12, drunk giraffe-style, on that D" then delete their profile while taking a bath in cherry jello, which happens to be the only thing they will eat due to a personal strike, until Oz receives a public apology from Gary and John, in that order.

Gort
01-15-2016, 07:54 PM
the most amazing thing to me is not what happened on the field, rather off the field. more specific, on broncos message boards all over the interwebs, including one i'll call...orangehair.com

it is amazing to me a team with a nice slot in the playoffs, number 1 seed included, certain posters (not limited to posters with pictures of shirtless QBs) would still rather lose, spew how Oz would have "thrown for 6 tds and ran for a buck 12, drunk giraffe-style, on that D" then delete their profile while taking a bath in cherry jello, which happens to be the only thing they will eat due to a personal strike, until Oz receives a public apology from Gary and John, in that order.

if you mean OABB, then it's not his fault.

http://i.imgur.com/sl1uls2.gif

underrated29
01-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Brock practiced today.

Right but his knee is bad enough still that simien may still suit up.....that would never happen unless Brock is still gimpy.

peacepipe
01-15-2016, 08:27 PM
Right but his knee is bad enough still that simien may still suit up.....that would never happen unless Brock is still gimpy.

Siemen may suit up but Kubiak has come out and said Brock is #2 .

OABB
01-15-2016, 08:38 PM

Also amazing. How much funnier I am than most people here.

OABB
01-15-2016, 08:39 PM
if you mean OABB, then it's not his fault.

http://i.imgur.com/sl1uls2.gif

Since we are using awesome Billy Madison quotes to describe me....

I AM THE SMARTEST MAN ALIVE!!!

And also

Of course to you and others...

YOU BLEEWWWW IITTTTTT

Requiem
01-15-2016, 08:53 PM
*polishes OAAB's belt*

baja
01-15-2016, 09:12 PM

This

WoodMan
01-15-2016, 09:27 PM
Pleasantly surprised by broncos field goal kicker. Had a great year and went from Mr. Mc Anus back to Mr. McManus in a short time. Of course, when he missed that kick against the Bengals a whole lot of people on the mane reverted to calling him names again, sadly the personality on this board for some. Keep bringing it through the playoffs and the broncos just might make the "Big Game".

DENVERDUI55
01-15-2016, 09:38 PM
We all knew the OL was suspect coming into the season. It's unusual that being even worse than we ever thought, Denver is the 1 seed. It's also weird to lose 2 of the last 4 to wrap up the 1 seed.

orinjkrush
01-15-2016, 09:42 PM
I am amazed Vernon Davis was a bust. Inconceivable.

4Horsemen
01-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Also amazing. How much funnier I am than most people here.

not really. :flower:

OABB
01-15-2016, 09:53 PM
not really. :flower:

No, really.

barryr
01-15-2016, 09:59 PM
A bad OL combined with an injured old QB meant a struggling offense, but thanks to a great defense. somehow still managed to get the HFA in the playoffs.

4Horsemen
01-16-2016, 07:12 AM
No, really.

nope. :sunshine::flower: but thanks for playing. enjoy the game. :wave:

4Horsemen
01-16-2016, 07:14 AM
We all knew the OL was suspect coming into the season. It's unusual that being even worse than we ever thought, Denver is the 1 seed. It's also weird to lose 2 of the last 4 to wrap up the 1 seed.

this. and being in a conference with NE on top of it. really nothing has "gone to plan" aside from the D being towards the top. need to step it up a notch for the playoffs.

SVine
01-16-2016, 08:23 AM

Nah. I knew the defense was going to be good. Von and Ware terrorizing qb's. Talib and Harris blanketing receivers. Wolfe and Malik solid on the D line. The emergence of Brandon Marshall to a near Pro Bowl LB is a bit surprising, but I knew this defense was gonna be good and dominate, so no, I cannot say that this has been surprising or unusual.

Rohirrim
01-16-2016, 08:37 AM
I am amazed Vernon Davis was a bust. Inconceivable.

Yeah. That was a surprise. He looks like a guy who really doesn't want to play anymore, but needs the money.

loborugger
01-16-2016, 09:08 AM
The number of Pats trolls on the OM this last year. KC trolls I get. Oak and SD trolls have pretty much given up, but I still get them. Not getting all the Patards here.

ZONA
01-16-2016, 10:12 AM
Well, some of the things people are commenting on could be attributed to so much being new around here this year. New HC and staff, new hybrid offense, trying to figure things out, shotgun, no shotgun, pistol, etc. The injuries to our OL to start the season really hurt us bad in that area.

For me, I think the most UNUSUAL thing about this year has to be hands down how many INT's Manning threw through the first 8 games and we still were winning every game. To have an offense that was sputtering like we were, except for the GB game, and for the team to win that many games, is HIGHLY unusual.

RepentWalpurgis
01-16-2016, 10:15 AM
What was unusual..

Hmmm..

Oh, hey, we argued about the QB all season. That never happens.

Abqbronco
01-16-2016, 10:22 AM
The number of Pats trolls on the OM this last year. KC trolls I get. Oak and SD trolls have pretty much given up, but I still get them. Not getting all the Patards here.

That is a really weird phenomenon. I guess it gets boring in their own division since the other teams have been so bad for so long.

Cito Pelon
01-16-2016, 10:49 AM
Gaining the #1 AFC seed with a -4 turnover differential and 12-4 record. Dunno if that has ever happened before. Maybe in a horrible year for one Conference or the other. The team seems to have embraced the kicking and screaming thing.

The regular season stats compared to the other 2015 playoff teams:

* -4 turnover differential the worst of all playoff teams
* 27 total Defensive turnovers, 6th of the playoff teams
* 14 defensive INT's, only NE and Minny had less
* 13 defensive fumbles recovered, 4th of the playoff teams
* 52 sacks, #1 of the playoff teams
* Passes defensed, 4th of the playoff teams

* Offense INT's #1 in the NFL, period
* Offense fumbles lost, tied for 5th among playoff teams
* Offense total turnovers worst of the playoff teams and five more than #2 PIT
* Offense 19th in total 1st Downs, ahead of only KC and MN for playoff teams
* Offense 25th in 3rd Down conversion %, ahead of only GB for playoff teams
* Team as a whole #1 in penalty yards of the playoff teams

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/givetake/sort/giveTotal
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/firstDowns/seasontype/2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks/seasontype/2

Special Teams, make of these what you will:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/punting/sort/puntReturns/seasontype/2
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/returning/sort/yardsPerPuntReturn/seasontype/2

Three OT wins for the year also.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
01-16-2016, 10:51 AM
No, really.

I'm a fan. You are def entertaining!

stopgap
01-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Cito didn't call anyone a sissy

Ratboy
01-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Oh. Well yes then I agree. He should still be the backup

Yeah, so we could continue not scoring touchdowns?

No ****ing thank you.

uplink
01-16-2016, 11:15 AM
12-4 without any boob mojo

stopgap
01-16-2016, 11:19 AM
12-4 without any boob mojo

boobs are outdated.

OABB
01-16-2016, 11:23 AM
I'm a fan. You are def entertaining!

Ditto

OABB
01-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Yeah, so we could continue not scoring touchdowns?

No ****ing thank you.

We didn't score tds with Brock?

OABB
01-16-2016, 11:27 AM
nope. :sunshine::flower: but thanks for playing. enjoy the game. :wave:

Go Broncos

Brocktologist
01-16-2016, 11:56 AM
No, really.

YOU'VE GOT ME TOO, BRO! IM A FAN

Cito Pelon
01-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Cito didn't call anyone a sissy

I overused that in 2014 so I went to candyass for 2015.