PDA

View Full Version : Osweiler Nursing Left Knee Sprain - May not be able to go this weekend...

Taco John
01-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Looks like Brock's knee sprain is worse than everybody thought... It looks like Seimian might be suiting up this weekend.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29385232/brock-osweiler-works-trainer-again-broncos-suit-up

In what has become a familiar scene at Broncos practices this weeks, backup quarterback Brock Osweiler stood off to the side Thursday, working with a trainer to recover from a left knee injury as Peyton Manning led the offense through drills.

Osweiler, who started seven games while Manning nursed a foot injury, took his share of hits (23 sacks) during his time under center. Osweiler did not practice Wednesday, prompting coach Gary Kubiak to consider making all three quarterbacks active Sunday, when they host the Steelers in a divisional playoff game.

Gort
01-14-2016, 01:26 PM
inb4 the army of Ozweiners rush in to accuse OP of posting a false news story!

;D

Natedogg
https://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/578045_10.jpg

yerner
I wonder when he did that.

Ratboy
01-14-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't see how we're ever going to beat the Steelers with a backup QB starting.

Ratboy

;D

The whole injury unfolding makes it unbelievable.

Jason in LA
When did this injury happen? Last time he was on the field he looked pretty good. He was dealing with some nagging issues, but it didn't seem like anything that would keep him out of a game.

Ratboy
01-14-2016, 01:29 PM
When did this injury happen? Last time he was on the field he looked pretty good. He was dealing with some nagging issues, but it didn't seem like anything that would keep him out of a game.

/puts on tin foil hat

It probably never did happen.

Jason in LA
01-14-2016, 01:32 PM
He must have injured himself slipping on a Mcdonald's cheeseburger wrapper.

Taco John
01-14-2016, 01:32 PM
/puts on tin foil hat

It probably never did happen.

Watch the video. Apparently he's hurt pretty bad.

Bronco X
01-14-2016, 01:35 PM
The Nefarious Manning must have taken a page out of the Tanya Harding playbook. Elway should have put him on IR when he had the chance!

But seriously, this is not good... options are a good thing with the present QB situation. Hopefully Manning plays like he did the last time he came off a bye week.

GreatBronco16
01-14-2016, 01:49 PM

And that guy says that Brock isn't at practice either, but scroll on down to the pic after that article, and there is Brock with no knee brace on, at practice, throwing right next to Manning.

And there have been other video tweets showing Brock at practice with him and Manning running the same throwing drills even though he is listed as DNP.

Also, if he is that badly hurt, then why are they saying he will be active for Sunday?

ludo21
01-14-2016, 02:01 PM
no way he wont play if Manning goes down.

The injury does mean that Peyton will play the whole game regardless of his play though

TonyR
01-14-2016, 02:03 PM
And that guy says...

Yeah, the whole thing is a little weird.

GreatBronco16
01-14-2016, 02:04 PM
no way he wont play if Manning goes down.

The injury does mean that Peyton will play the whole game regardless of his play though

Kubes is just trying to show that we have a QB not able to fully go at practice like Pitt.:giggle: Keep em guessing.:~ohyah!:

strafen
01-14-2016, 02:05 PM
Looks like Brock's knee sprain is worse than everybody thought... It looks like Seimian might be suiting up this weekend.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29385232/brock-osweiler-works-trainer-again-broncos-suit-up

In what has become a familiar scene at Broncos practices this weeks, backup quarterback Brock Osweiler stood off to the side Thursday, working with a trainer to recover from a left knee injury as Peyton Manning led the offense through drills.

Osweiler, who started seven games while Manning nursed a foot injury, took his share of hits (23 sacks) during his time under center. Osweiler did not practice Wednesday, prompting coach Gary Kubiak to consider making all three quarterbacks active Sunday, when they host the Steelers in a divisional playoff game.
Oddly enough, Manning is now the healthier QB on our team.
Siemian should be ready as well.

DomCasual
01-14-2016, 02:06 PM
The moon is no place to be nursing a knee injury.

rmsanger
01-14-2016, 02:10 PM
man up homeslice

http://simpleamericanstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Luxe-Pink-Binky-Blanket.jpg

OABB
01-14-2016, 02:11 PM
I don't see how we're ever going to beat the Steelers with a backup QB starting.

Don't diss him like that. He has earned more respect than that in 18 years.

Dendave
01-14-2016, 02:16 PM
so who doesn't dress if we dress three QB's, Vernon Davis?

ColoradoDarin
01-14-2016, 02:17 PM

;D

Nah, TJ knows how to post a link to the actual story right there in the first post.

Also, he hurt it on that huge Moon.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-14-2016, 02:23 PM

The video is Woody Paige and Mark Kiszla trying to out-fat and out-irrelevant each other.

He threw yesterday in warmups. He'll be in uniform and on the sideline on Sunday.

Everyone here thinks the Steelers are full of **** with regard to Roethlisberger and Brown, but apparently doesn't think we're also capable of saying someone is more hurt than they actually are. Interesting.

Taco John
01-14-2016, 02:31 PM
And that guy says that Brock isn't at practice either, but scroll on down to the pic after that article, and there is Brock with no knee brace on, at practice, throwing right next to Manning.

And there have been other video tweets showing Brock at practice with him and Manning running the same throwing drills even though he is listed as DNP.

Also, if he is that badly hurt, then why are they saying he will be active for Sunday?

These are all good questions, but I can't believe they'd even dream out using a active roster spot for third QB if Brock wasn't genuinely hurt.

winstoncup bronco
01-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Kubiak is diabolical. Before the offense takes the field they'll be huddled up on the sideline. Then Manning will lead them taking the field, only to turn around after about 10 yards and have Brock come sprinting to the huddle. Genius!

Rohirrim
01-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Maybe he tripped over his dog?

Jason in LA
01-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Maybe he was punched by a teammate in his driveway.

DomCasual
01-14-2016, 03:43 PM
The video is Woody Paige and Mark Kiszla trying to out-fat and out-irrelevant each other.

He threw yesterday in warmups. He'll be in uniform and on the sideline on Sunday.

Everyone here thinks the Steelers are full of **** with regard to Roethlisberger and Brown, but apparently doesn't think we're also capable of saying someone is more hurt than they actually are. Interesting.

For a long time, I've felt as if the average fan knew more about Colorado's sports teams than do Woody Paige and Mark Kiszla. This story is a perfect example. I listened to both Denver sports talk (via podcast) and Sirius NFL radio for most of the day yesterday. Brock's condition was discussed on both, ad nauseum. Yet, here you have a video of the two of them, looking disheveled, discussing this as if they are breaking news. Granted, it appears this video was shot late in the day yesterday, or even last night. But even by then, the story was sort of old news. And it doesn't help that the Post is linking it as a video to today's story.

And the Post couldn't make them both appear to be less relevant if they tried. Woody has a perpetually confused look on his face, and he looks as if he's wearing a pair of jeans and a shirt that Maria made from one of Family von Trapp's discarded curtains. Both Kiszla and Woody look as if they are constantly stifling a yawn.

And they don't help themselves with conversations like this:

"Well, then they brought in that other guy to be the third quarterback!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

"You know, the guy from Minnesota!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

"Backed up, um, Bridgewater!"

"Right, the Florida State guy!"

"Yeah! Him! I think he signed somewhere else!"

Yeah, I don't know!"

Come on, guys! Seriously?

Pony Boy
01-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Hurt feelings and bruised vajayjay

TonyR
01-14-2016, 04:05 PM
Nah, TJ knows how to post a link to the actual story right there in the first post.

Just so everybody's clear on your rules, without a link it's ban-worthy fake news?

pricejj
01-14-2016, 04:08 PM
Yesterday Klis said it was the right knee

ZONA
01-14-2016, 04:32 PM
I don't get this thing about dressing 3 QB's. You know Saturday if Brock is healthy enough to play or not if he had to. If he absolutely can't go, is say, less then 70% or something and they don't feel like he could be on the field, then you suit up Siemian and roll with 2 QB's. No way do I dress 3 guys in a playoff game, especially since some of our other players have been dinged up and we'll need the depth somewhere else.

Taco John
01-14-2016, 04:41 PM
I don't get this thing about dressing 3 QB's. You know Saturday if Brock is healthy enough to play or not if he had to. If he absolutely can't go, is say, less then 70% or something and they don't feel like he could be on the field, then you suit up Siemian and roll with 2 QB's. No way do I dress 3 guys in a playoff game, especially since some of our other players have been dinged up and we'll need the depth somewhere else.

Siemian would just be insurance for Brock. They would much rather play Brock than Siemian - even an injured Brock. But if he gets out there and injurs the leg further, what other choice do they have? We don't have Rod Smith anymore to come in and be the third if needed.

They wouldn't do this if Brock wasn't genuinely injured for all the reasons you stated.

LeftCoastBronco
01-14-2016, 04:44 PM

The little-known Schofield effect.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-14-2016, 04:58 PM
We'll see if Siemian is ACTUALLY active and ACTUALLY in uniform on Sunday. I have my doubts.

BlueRacer
01-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Ah yes, fool the Steelers by saying your back up QB is hurt ...

ColoradoDarin
01-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Just so everybody's clear on your rules, without a link it's ban-worthy fake news?

From that poster? It was 50\50 imo whether it was fake or not.

Dedhed
01-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Shines more light on the decision to go with Manning.

baja
01-14-2016, 09:15 PM
The Very well known Schofield effect.

FYP

69bronco
01-14-2016, 09:36 PM
I think this is a fabricated injury from team edward, he didn't seem to be favoring anything before he was benched. I could and probably am wrong but i'm just an impartial fan voicing his opinion.

R8R H8R
01-14-2016, 09:54 PM
I don't know what all the hubbub is all about. According to Kubes on today's PC, he said Brock is probable and is expected to practice tomorrow. No need to rush Brock in when he is expected to be the back up anyway.