PDA

View Full Version : Calling it now: RG3 will be Denver's starting QB next season

Pages : [1] 2

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 06:07 AM
He is, without a doubt, a better fit for Kubiak's system...his upside is much higher than Brocks, and he will be come on the cheap. He is younger than Brock too and a little known fact is that RG3 was a die-hard Broncos fan growing up.

Yes, he struggled last couple of years, but he was injured and was asked to do too much to carry a moribund franchise.

We cannot forget that he rushed for nearly 900 yards as a rookie and for nearly 500 yards his second season. Couple that with his 20 td and 5 ints season at 66% completion rate and there is no denying his talent.

It is rare that a talented QB like this hits the market and can be had on the cheap for perceived flaws. We went hard after Tyrod Taylor this past summer and I have no doubt that we will go after RG3 as well.

As Peyton says goodbye, RG3 says hello.
http://thacover2.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pierre-garcon-rg3-can-be-as-good-as-Peyton-manning.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2016, 06:10 AM
Lolololololololololololololol

rmsanger
01-12-2016, 06:13 AM
Do we want a qb or Vick 1.5 ?

Dedhed
01-12-2016, 06:13 AM
No thanks.

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 06:30 AM
I really don't see how there is a case for Brock over RG3 since Kubes is our coach.

RG3 is tailor fit for his system and given that we could probably get him for 3 years, 15 million it makes financial sense for the team as well.

Armchair Bronco
01-12-2016, 06:32 AM
:facepalm:

RGIII is little more than a kinder-gentler version of Johnny Manziel. I'll keep looking elsewhere.

Miss I.
01-12-2016, 06:34 AM
Curious. How much do Shanahan and Kubiak agree on QBs? If it's close then I don't see how likely this is because Shanahan would'be played Cousins if he'd been allowed to by ownership. He didn't seem that keen on RGIII, but i still don't see us picking up RGIII.

Ray Finkle
01-12-2016, 06:35 AM
Kubiak is buddies with Shanny.....Shanny couldn't stand RG3 at the end. You really think he's going to bring that prima donna that can't read defenses here? Elway values hard working qbs, that's not rg3

peacepipe
01-12-2016, 06:38 AM
He is, without a doubt, a better fit for Kubiak's system...his upside is much higher than Brocks, and he will be come on the cheap. He is younger than Brock too and a little known fact is that RG3 was a die-hard Broncos fan growing up.

Yes, he struggled last couple of years, but he was injured and was asked to do too much to carry a moribund franchise.

We cannot forget that he rushed for nearly 900 yards as a rookie and for nearly 500 yards his second season. Couple that with his 20 td and 5 ints season at 66% completion rate and there is no denying his talent.

It is rare that a talented QB like this hits the market and can be had on the cheap for perceived flaws. We went hard after Tyrod Taylor this past summer and I have no doubt that we will go after RG3 as well.

As Peyton says goodbye, RG3 says hello.
http://thacover2.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pierre-garcon-rg3-can-be-as-good-as-Peyton-manning.jpg

Troll much?

Punisher
01-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Over Brock? Have you been huffing paint again? You know what that stuff does to your brain? Just say no kid

strafen
01-12-2016, 06:49 AM
Do we need to start testing people for drugs before they can post, Taco?
WTF?!!!

Punisher
01-12-2016, 06:51 AM
:facepalm:

RGIII is little more than a kinder-gentler version of Johnny Manziel. I'll keep looking elsewhere.

Also when armchair face palms you, you know you just said something stupid. This guy is the biggest piece of ****ing **** ever.

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 06:58 AM
Brock is not a fit for Kubes. Remember, we went hard after Tyrod Taylor. Why do you think we did?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d8/c5/22/d8c52246e4445b7917f8a3ddc51f2e16.jpg

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 06:58 AM
Also when armchair face palms you, you know you just said something stupid. This guy is the biggest piece of ****ing **** ever.

How so?

Punisher
01-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Brock is not a fit for Kubes. Remember, we went hard after Tyrod Taylor. Why do you think we did?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d8/c5/22/d8c52246e4445b7917f8a3ddc51f2e16.jpg

Dude have you been sucking diseased cocks? NO! I said NO! Go to your room your ****ing grounded.

Punisher
01-12-2016, 07:04 AM
How so?

He's a ****ing Seahawk fan

ShaneFalco
RG3 is a broncos fan. I can dig it.

Broncojef
Maybe we can keep Schofield to pair with RGIII, if we are going to fail might as well double down.

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Dude have you been sucking diseased cocks? NO! I said NO! Go to your room your ****ing grounded.

Calm down, Francis.

Here, let the poet, and future Broncos QB, RG3 soothe your nerves:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9d/bf/9e/9dbf9e6838e0d2b2cd15c525fc59ad6a.jpg

winstoncup bronco
01-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Only if we get Kaepernick to be his backup.

Punisher
01-12-2016, 07:26 AM
Calm down, Francis.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9d/bf/9e/9dbf9e6838e0d2b2cd15c525fc59ad6a.jpg

Ah **** me

chrisp
01-12-2016, 07:31 AM
Lot of ifs and maybes about this:

IF he is fully healthy and has not suffered any permanent damage from his previous injuries that migth hamper his athleticism

IF he has learned to listen to his coaches and it was just Snyder's indulgence of him that encouraged him not to do so in the first place

IF he really can be had cheap - i.e. not just a reasonable contract but no major draft pick sacrifice to get him

IF all three conditions are met then I'm moderately excited about getting a true running QB into Kubes' system and we should pull the trigger. Issue is, I am not confident that any one of these three will apply so getting all three of them to drop is a long shot :-)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2016, 07:32 AM
I really don't see how there is a case for Brock over RG3 since Kubes is our coach.

RG3 is tailor fit for his system and given that we could probably get him for 3 years, 15 million it makes financial sense for the team as well.

And yet Shanahan didn't want him.

M-G
01-12-2016, 07:32 AM
He's proven he can't succeed on the field unless he runs a bunch of read option stuff, and he can't survive health-wise in that type of offense. Also, we know Elway doesn't like that system so you're looking at a massive reclamation project just to make him serviceable in a pro offense. Might has well have kept Tebow.

Dedhed
01-12-2016, 07:44 AM
He's a selfish, whining, diva.

kdissette
01-12-2016, 07:45 AM
if the recent years have taught us anything its that the read option qbs are done...that system was successful for a couple years when the LBs were big and slow during the RB craze...now everyone is fast and disciplined....i just dont see much out of this guy...his reads are tebowesque, his attitude when not being pampered is a huge flag especially on this team. I think with the Wr talent we have and lack of a true running game we need to get a solid conventional qb as a backup to brock then draft our diamond.....dream pick is brock jensen but i doubt he makes it past dallas in the 1st. Either way its exciting to know next season we will be getting younger and more athletic at the qb position. Especially when we dont have to waste 18million on him.

chrisp
01-12-2016, 07:49 AM
I also think that it would be a big mistake to think he can be had for a bag of chips and a diet coke....they invested a lot in this guy both in terms of money and in terms of draft picks so they will probably want some draft compensation for him.....although teams may just wait for him to be cut now as it is pretty clear he is done there.

kdissette
01-12-2016, 07:53 AM
I also think that it would be a big mistake to think he can be had for a bag of chips and a diet coke....they invested a lot in this guy both in terms of money and in terms of draft picks so they will probably want some draft compensation for him.....although teams may just wait for him to be cut now as it is pretty clear he is done there.

its been reported that he will be cut...and after the note he left in his locker after cleaning it out yesterday id say every team knows that by now. That also tells me hes still immature and bitter...which means hes much more likely to push and try to prove hes superman which rarely works out well for the team that has to deal with that...its one thing to have a chip on your shoulder...but a gaping wound isnt something a young team with volatile chemistry needs.

OABB
01-12-2016, 07:54 AM
Still think my IQ signature is a bad idea guys?

OBF1
01-12-2016, 07:57 AM
He could be a better fit at LT than what we now have + he can throw the ball.

OBF1
01-12-2016, 08:05 AM
The Redskins will need to cut Griffin or pay him the $16.2 million option they picked up for 2016. They have until March 9 to release him.

There will be no draft pick compensation for RGIII, I think he will be had on the cheap.

Binkythefrog
01-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Living in DC I've gotten to see the RG3 saga. It isn't the on the field stuff that bothers me. I think he could be a good QB in the right system if he just focused on football. It is all of the other nonsense - the weird passive aggressive social media posts calling out everyone in the Redskins organization, the whole "the world is against me" attitude, the weird letter in the locker when he left, hugging people on the sideline before the game was even over, the strange interviews where he says he is the best QB in the NFL. Part of it is the media's fault of course - he was anointed the next Steve Young after one season in DC, but a big part is RG3's fault in that he is so insecure with his image in DC that he feels like he constantly needs to do things with social media/interviews.

QB's in the NFL the mental/intangibles part is a huge part of being great. RG3 has none of that - and if he came to Denver, when the first bit of adversity came he would start all of that passive aggressive crap again and just be a big headache for everyone.

Now maybe he came in as a backup and just was quiet about it - that is another story.

Pony Boy
01-12-2016, 08:28 AM

Just what we need

Powderaddict
01-12-2016, 08:28 AM
Lot of ifs and maybes about this:

IF he is fully healthy and has not suffered any permanent damage from his previous injuries that migth hamper his athleticism

IF he has learned to listen to his coaches and it was just Snyder's indulgence of him that encouraged him not to do so in the first place

IF he really can be had cheap - i.e. not just a reasonable contract but no major draft pick sacrifice to get him

IF all three conditions are met then I'm moderately excited about getting a true running QB into Kubes' system and we should pull the trigger. Issue is, I am not confident that any one of these three will apply so getting all three of them to drop is a long shot :-)

I was about to post pretty much this exact thing.

He has talent. He has ability. Has he gotten his mind and attitude right? If so, he would be worth a look. If not, no thanks.

OABB
01-12-2016, 08:36 AM

Just what we need

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Smiling Assassin27
01-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Put down the crack pipe.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2016, 08:48 AM
The guy got Shanahan fired. Do you Kubiak will want him?

footstepsfrom#27
01-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Maybe we can keep Schofield to pair with RGIII, if we are going to fail might as well double down.
Id rather replace Turnstile with RG3 at OT than see him under center.

This place is like watching bad karaoke on nickel beer night. :thumbs:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Calm down, Francis.

RG Twee

gunns
Still think my IQ signature is a bad idea guys?

I didn't know you had an IQ. :giggle:

Samiwindr
01-12-2016, 08:51 AM
RGIII will definitely be a starter next year - just not here.

BROCK OF AGES! GO BRONCOS! #SCREWHASHTAGSTHEYAREFORLOSERSANDTWELVEYEAROLDGIRL TWEETS

Pony Boy
01-12-2016, 08:57 AM
RGIII will definitely be a starter next year - just not here.

Jerry land

footstepsfrom#27
01-12-2016, 09:13 AM
Door #1...door #2...or door #3?

http://www.alreporter.com/media/2015/05/tim-tebow.jpghttp://www2.baylor.edu/baylorproud/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/rg3-gq-aug13.jpghttp://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Johnny_Leprechaun-329x450.png

yerner
01-12-2016, 09:14 AM
nah, we'll be stuck with the asu trash. hopefully though elway finds us a dope rookie in the draft somewhere.

4Horsemen
01-12-2016, 09:18 AM
i think this is a great idea! i also heard his dad has great feet and quick hands. maybe, just maybe, we can get a 2 for 1 deal. his dad can slide into the Oline and we can move Schonofield down a spot. this would be a homerun.

Kubs is gonna need a quality back up vet with leadership abilities to harness and teach RGIII. yup. that's what i'm thinking. Jay. Efing. Cutler.

anyway, can get Barry Sanders dad in here as a motivational coach? find the money Elway.

Gort
01-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Door #1...door #2...or door #3?

http://www.alreporter.com/media/2015/05/tim-tebow.jpghttp://www2.baylor.edu/baylorproud/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/rg3-gq-aug13.jpghttp://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Johnny_Leprechaun-329x450.png

i still don't get the residual hate for Tebow on here.

it makes me think a certain percentage of so-called Broncos fans are insufferable fools.

nothing about Tebow's time here in any way hurt the Broncos' future. and in fact, he helped give us a magical 2011 season.

Rohirrim
01-12-2016, 09:22 AM
Nah. We'll fly with Brock next year and then bring in Andrew Luck. ;D

peacepipe
01-12-2016, 09:25 AM

it makes me think a certain percentage of so-called Broncos fans are insufferable fools.

nothing about Tebow's time here in any way hurt the Broncos' future. and in fact, he helped give us a magical 2011 season.

It's the insufferable fools,Tebow fans, that keep it going.

HorseHead
01-12-2016, 09:28 AM
If we were to do a reclamation project, I would rather roll with Kap. Doesn't matter anyways but thanks for allowing me to waste 37 seconds of my day. Brock has talent.

Rohirrim
01-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Too bad Tebow refused to switch over to some kind of H-back role. He might have had a hell of an NFL career.

bronco_diesel
01-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Nah. We'll fly with Brock next year and then bring in Andrew Luck. ;D

It is bound to happen.

Elway
Peyton
Luck is the logical next in line.

footstepsfrom#27
01-12-2016, 09:36 AM

I think you missed the point.

Miss I.
01-12-2016, 09:37 AM
well, didn't Plummer move back to Denver. He could be the aged mentor, plus he speaks ASU. I bet he could break off 2K (interceptions) in our system. ;D

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Do posters here honestly think Brock Giraffeweiler is better suited for Kubes offense and is more talented than RG3? That's crazy talk.

At the VERY LEAST, even in RG3 post injury state, it is a push, but a healthy RG3 vs Brock -- they are not even in the same ballpark talent wise.

All things considered, financially, production wise, scheme fit, RG3 is the clear choice here. We pursued Tyrod hard this summer, and RG3 is arguably a more talented version of Taylor.

Gort
01-12-2016, 09:42 AM
I think you missed the point.

i got your point. you lumped Tebow, RGIII, and Manziel as overrated Heisman winning QBs who have/are/will fail in the NFL.

i just think on a Broncos site, constantly holding Tebow up as some sort of measuring stick of "what not to be" is kind of scummy.

he's a Broncos alumni. he deserves better treatment from Broncos fans than he gets elsewhere around the NFL. fortunately, the OM only represents the most bitter 0.001% of the fanbase and he's still well-regarded by most of the fanbase not on this site, but it still gets old seeing him slammed on here time and time again.

jmz313
01-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Do posters here honestly think Brock Giraffeweiler is better suited for Kubes offense and is more talented than RG3? That's crazy talk.

At the VERY LEAST, even in RG3 post injury state, it is a push, but a healthy RG3 vs Brock -- they are not even in the same ballpark talent wise.

All things considered, financially, production wise, scheme fit, RG3 is the clear choice here. We pursued Tyrod hard this summer, and RG3 is arguably a more talented version of Taylor.

RG3 is uncoachable/entitlement personified. When he can't run an NFL offense in practice and on gameday properly... how do coaches evaluate their players?

Do people fail to realize that the reason that improvisation QBs have short life spans in the NFL, regardless of wins, is that the rest of the team dies around them?

baja
01-12-2016, 09:45 AM

Ya I don't get that either. The kid gave his all 100% of the time and brought us an exciting & improbable season. What more can you ask from a player. He can't be something he is not. I can see disliking someone who squanders his talent because of attitude and laziness but Tebow made every effort to do everything he was asked to do.

Gort
01-12-2016, 09:46 AM

RGIII can't run anymore and he's immature. he would cause locker room problems here. he needs to close all of his social media accounts, stop giving interviews, and focus on football for the next few years. if that means accepting a backup spot somewhere, then that's what he needs to do. but the RGIII that currently exists in DC is not a fit for this organization.

keep in mind, this guy made a public wedding registry of gifts he wanted for his marriage and invited Redskins fans to buy he and his wife gifts from the registry (that he didn't feel like spending his own money on). this from a guy making an enormous amount of money as an NFL QB. that's just crass. he was also unapologetic about it when reporters called him out on it (IIRC).

OABB
01-12-2016, 09:48 AM

Brock fans are insufferable

DBroncos4life
01-12-2016, 09:50 AM
Only thing that makes this possible is the amount of time Elway personally spent scouting RGIII. Even then that was a few injuries ago.

Gort
01-12-2016, 09:50 AM

fans of any individual player over the team are insufferable.

i'm a Broncos fan. i have opinions about which players give us the best chance to win from week to week, but i don't care who Kubes plays as long as we win.

Brock_Lobster
01-12-2016, 09:52 AM

http://i.bittwiddlers.org/K7G.gif

manchambo
01-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Only if we get Kaepernick to be his backup.

I actually don't think it would be a bad idea to sign one of them. Not as a plan to be the starter, mind you. But it is possible one of those guys could be rehabilitated to work very well in Denver's offensive system.

Gort
01-12-2016, 10:01 AM
I actually don't think it would be a bad idea to sign one of them. Not as a plan to be the starter, mind you. But it is possible one of those guys could be rehabilitated to work very well in Denver's offensive system.

and just like that, we're back to the Shanny days of signing reclamation projects. ???

Kaepernick is as big a headcase as RGIII.

if this whole generation of millennial athletes would just get the hell off of social media, it would make their NFL careers so much easier.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/13294924/larry-nance-jr-jj-watt-bret-bielema-illustrate-importance-social-media-how-athletes-portray

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2016, 10:05 AM
I bet he could break off 2K (interceptions) in our system. ;D

Leave Manning out of this....

BroncoBeavis
01-12-2016, 10:08 AM
My first and (hopefully) last contribution to this thread.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111112612/4164466-1404258766-dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

stopgap
01-12-2016, 10:37 AM
My first and (hopefully) last contribution to this thread.

riiiiggghhtttt

Broncobiv
01-12-2016, 10:45 AM
I do not want RGIII here.

But I'd take him in a heartbeat over Kaepernick...he's AWFUL!

tonngo0
01-12-2016, 10:54 AM
ok if Brock asks for $15mil/season, RGIII $5mil/season, Kap $3mil/season who would you take a chance on ?

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2016, 10:55 AM
ok if Brock asks for $15mil/season, RGIII $5mil/season, Kap $3mil/season who would you take a chance on ?

The draft. LOL

Rohirrim
01-12-2016, 11:00 AM
The draft. LOL

Good answer. Ha!

baja
01-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Where do you think that qb from Alabama will go?

ColoradoDarin
01-12-2016, 11:03 AM

Brock can run an NFL offense.

I haven't seen RG3 be able to run more than a college gimmick offense.

Shanahan didn't want Rg3 for his offense.

Flacco ran Kubes offense well.

^things you should have considered before you showed us all that Proverbs 17:28 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+17%3A28&version=NLT) is still true.

ColoradoDarin
01-12-2016, 11:04 AM
The draft. LOL

Siemian.

Gort
01-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Where do you think that qb from Alabama will go?

dunno... not many NFL teams can afford to pay him what he's currently making at 'bama.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1gArwncRlXac8GIhNy8/giphy.gif

stopgap
01-12-2016, 11:30 AM
How do you think Shaq got rich?

In college, everyone knows that. /Baseketball

Tombstone RJ
01-12-2016, 11:49 AM
RG3 has made such a mess of things that he needs to go to Canada and rebuild what little is left of his career. He can be a fruit cake up there and be like, accepted and stuff.

OleNumber7
01-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Oh boy a QB that can't pass for ****. Just what we need.

Stick with pocket passers that have decent mobility. That's what Kube's system salivates for.

Paladin
01-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Dumb thread. Won't read.

IndelibleScribe
01-12-2016, 12:10 PM
I would not be opposed to signing RGIII but he will have better opportunities to be a clear starter than us.

Philly, potentially San Fran if they cut Kaep, Cleveland & etc.

I could see us signing him as he does seem like a style fit for Kubiak but it all depends upon how Elway and Kubiak see him as well as how humble his Washington experience had made him.

4Horsemen
01-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Chris Harris Jr. is on with Sandy, asked about RGIII, Harris responded with, "No-way Jose."

not really, just trying to end this terrible idea.

CHEF LUIGI
01-12-2016, 12:24 PM
I was about to post pretty much this exact thing.

He has talent. He has ability. Has he gotten his mind and attitude right? If so, he would be worth a look. If not, no thanks.talent, ability, ...diminished!
HE is no longer the mobile QB he was in college and that was his greatest asset. he has not shown the ability to improve his QB skills, especially the cranium side of being a QB. he has FAIULED as a leader and a grown up !~
don't want him, don't need him !

even if he was CHEAP to acquire, there is no chance in hell he could EARN a starting job unless his only competition was tebow or manzel.

He should be the new spokesman for smuckers, the kid is TOAST !

OABB
01-12-2016, 12:26 PM
He is not black enough

CHEF LUIGI
01-12-2016, 12:26 PM
I would not be opposed to signing RGIII but he will have better opportunities to be a clear starter than us.

Philly, potentially San Fran if they cut Kaep, Cleveland & etc.

I could see us signing him as he does seem like a style fit for Kubiak but it all depends upon how Elway and Kubiak see him as well as how humble his Washington experience had made him.
I seriously doubt RG3 can EARN a starting job in the NFL on ANY team, not even Cleveland or Houston !
he is about as mobile as PFM, with a tenth of his brain cells .

Dr.10-307
01-12-2016, 12:30 PM
I'd rather see Kirk Cousins. I doubt RGIII will get a starting job in the NFL ever again.

Hamrob
01-12-2016, 12:46 PM
The only way they pick up RGIII is if they decide not to resign Brock.

I could see a scenario where they would bring in RGIII. I still believe in the kid...reminds me of Plummer.

But, they have a lot invest in Brock. And, Elway will do his due diligence before a decision is made. Meaning, he'll consider all possibilities.

Hamrob
01-12-2016, 12:48 PM
I'd rather see Kirk Cousins. I doubt RGIII will get a starting job in the NFL ever again.Really? You sir....are na´ve!

Hamrob
01-12-2016, 12:51 PM
I seriously doubt RG3 can EARN a starting job in the NFL on ANY team, not even Cleveland or Houston !
he is about as mobile as PFM, with a tenth of his brain cells .Wrong!

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120911aaa.html

He was an academic all-American! No dummy there!

He will start somewhere...write it down. And yes, it could be in Denver!

broncosteven
01-12-2016, 12:58 PM
if the recent years have taught us anything its that the read option qbs are done...that system was successful for a couple years when the LBs were big and slow during the RB craze...now everyone is fast and disciplined....i just dont see much out of this guy...his reads are tebowesque, his attitude when not being pampered is a huge flag especially on this team. I think with the Wr talent we have and lack of a true running game we need to get a solid conventional qb as a backup to brock then draft our diamond.....dream pick is brock jensen but i doubt he makes it past dallas in the 1st. Either way its exciting to know next season we will be getting younger and more athletic at the qb position. Especially when we dont have to waste 18million on him.

And yet there are 3 read option QB's left quarterbacking in the playoffs.

Cam, Wilson, and Alice. Alice is more of a one read and run guy but they have run some zone read option.

If we did land him I would trust that John and Kubes did their homework. It was reported that RGIII did all the right things at Fed Ex field last weekend.

I would rather have RGIII over Kapernick. RGIII is much faster than Brock and I like his arm. He wouldn't have Synder to go whining to when things don't go his way.

John will probably draft a guy and bring in a Vet or 2 to TC. One of these cast offs could be a possibility but I don't want to worry about next year until after winning SB 50.

Dr.10-307
01-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Really? You sir....are na´ve!

RGIII has a glass knee after 2 ACL reconstructions. Hell, I'd rather bring in Mike Vick. At least we know he's not a malcontent.

BroncosSR
01-12-2016, 01:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Itxlkny.gif

baja
01-12-2016, 01:03 PM
RG III needs a mentor that he buys into, could that be Kubiak? The answer is yes it could and if Kubes decides to take that on fine with me but not as a starter out of the gate. He needs to sit behind a vet for a season and only if we don't sign Brock to a big contract and if RG III signs at a back ups salary.

TimHippo
01-12-2016, 01:05 PM
He is made of glass.

Kubiak runs the same system that Shanahan ran in Washington. Shanahan realized that RGIII could not run ZBS which is why Shanny drafted Cousins in the same draft and also why Shanahan went to the read option because he knew that he couldn't make ZBS work with RGIII.

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Brock does not have a higher upside than rg3, period. They both have flaws, albeit in different areas.

If We can resign Malik Jackson and get RG3 for the price of the giraffe, you do that all day everyday.

Brock has shown nothing in Kubes system that shows he is a fit. Heck, he might be the worst bootleg qb I have ever seen.

TimHippo
01-12-2016, 01:12 PM
Brock does not have a higher upside than rg3, period. They both have flaws, albeit in different areas.

If We can resign Malik Jackson and get RG3 for the price of the giraffe, you do that all day everyday.

Brock has shown nothing in Kubes system that shows he is a fit. Heck, he might be the worst bootleg qb I have ever seen.

I'm not a Osweiler fan but he's serviceable. RGIII is a negative on the field and off it.

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Dear God, NO!!!!!

OABB
01-12-2016, 01:15 PM

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 01:28 PM

True dat, little homey with the brockerotica pic. :thumbs:

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Brock does not have a higher upside than rg3, period.

I always find comments like this comical. As if there's a graph next to each player that shows their exact limit in terms of their ceiling.

Sorry, but potential and the concept of one's "ceiling" isn't objectively measurable. It's completely arbitrary.

If you asked anyone in the world, including those on the Patriots staff, what Brady's ceiling was after his first year in the NFL riding the bench, there's no way they would say anything even remotely close to what he's become.

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 01:38 PM
I always find comments like this comical. As if there's a graph next to each player that shows their exact limit in terms of their ceiling.

Sorry, but potential and the concept of one's "ceiling" isn't objectively measurable. It's completely arbitrary.

If you asked anyone in the world, including those on the Patriots staff, what Brady's ceiling was after his first year in the NFL riding the bench, there's no way they would say anything even remotely close to what he's become.

Oh, I think there is and that is why they have rounds to the draft. Are you telling me Trevor Semien has an higher upside than Cam Newton? An Andrew Luck?

OABB
01-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Oh, I think there is and that is why they have rounds to the draft. Are you telling me Trevor Semien has an higher upside than Cam Newton? An Andrew Luck?

Who cares about upside? Ryan leaf had more of an upside than manning. It's stupid.

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2016, 01:41 PM

So, because he was a 6th round pick, are you telling me Tom Brady had a lower ceiling than first rounder Chad Pennington? Or 3rd rounder Giovanni Carmazzi? Or do people just not have a clue and essentially throw darts against the wall?

jmz313
01-12-2016, 01:43 PM
"first rounder Chad Pennington"... ah... that's a name i haven't heard to quite a while.

That draft was supposed to be amazing for the Jets. Fab 4 or something.

4Horsemen
01-12-2016, 01:50 PM
in all serious, how can anyone want this flipping pre maddona? he has done relatively nothing to show he is a true leader or winner in the NFL. there is no building with this guy. it would be a waste. maybe be good for a year or two but then he will want to pack his bags because someone won't get out of his lucky ice tube. there are only three reasons why you would want him a Denver Bronco:

1. Raider fan
2. Chief Fan
3. Charger Fan

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 01:51 PM
So, because he was a 6th round pick, are you telling me Tom Brady had a lower ceiling than first rounder Chad Pennington? Or 3rd rounder Giovanni Carmazzi? Or do people just not have a clue and essentially throw darts against the wall?

No you essentially said there was no way to determine upside. Clearly you can. There will always be outliers like Brady, but that doesn't change the fact you can project a players talent especially with qbs.

TonyR
01-12-2016, 01:53 PM
... he's a Broncos alumni. he deserves better treatment from Broncos fans ...

You mean like all the love our current starting QB gets on the Mane?

Bronco X
01-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Brock will be their top priority, but there's always a chance Brock and his agent asks for a franchise QB type contract. If it somehow doesn't work out, it's hardly out of the question that Elway has to look into a cheaper Jake Plummer style reclamation project.

2KBack
01-12-2016, 01:59 PM
No you essentially said there was no way to determine upside. Clearly you can. There will always be outliers like Brady, but that doesn't change the fact you can project a players talent especially with qbs.

So....RGIII has a higher ceiling than Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Kurt Warner, Dan Marino, or anyone else picked later the the 2nd pick in the draft?

Worse yet, Alex Smith has more upside than Drew Brees or Jim Kelly?

MiamiChico
01-12-2016, 01:59 PM
RGME.... same guy who snitched on his teammates, blames them when he plays bad, throws them under the bus publicly..... yeah NO

Gort
01-12-2016, 02:05 PM
You mean like all the love our current starting QB gets on the Mane?

yeah. i don't agree with what's being said about him either. i have been as frustrated with PFM for the past year as anyone else (from last year's Rams game to this year's 2nd Chefs game), but the simple fact is that Manning will be suiting up for us this weekend trying to win a playoff game for the entire Broncos fanbase. he's on our side. the people who are bitching about him starting aren't considering the fact that his goal and their goal is the same... to win the SB.

RepentWalpurgis
01-12-2016, 02:06 PM
Idiotic thread.

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 02:08 PM
So....RGIII has a higher ceiling than Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, Russell Wilson, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Kurt Warner, Dan Marino, or anyone else picked later the the 2nd pick in the draft?

Worse yet, Alex Smith has more upside than Drew Brees or Jim Kelly?

I only said rg3 has an higher upside than Brock. I think he has clearly proven that with his superior athletic ability and on field performance. Even at age 21 he he carried a bottom 5 franchise into the playoffs with his spectacular play. Game manager like Brock? Please. Plus, oh I don't know, he won the heisman and nfl rookie of the year while being drafted 2nd overall. I'm seriously not going out on a limb here.

peacepipe
01-12-2016, 02:11 PM
I only said rg3 has an higher upside than Brock. I think he has clearly proven that with his superior athletic ability and on field performance. Even at age 21 he he carried a bottom 5 franchise into the playoffs with his spectacular play. Game manager like Brock? Please. Plus, oh I don't know, he won the heisman and nfl rookie of the year while being drafted 2nd overall. I'm seriously not going out on a limb here.

:stupid:

LeftCoastBronco
01-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Brock is a much better fit for a true WCO than rgiii will ever be.

maven
01-12-2016, 02:18 PM
I do wonder if you went this route instead of giving a massive contract to Brock.

Maybe not RG3, but...

Sign the entire defense back, pick up FA OL, draft a QB high with one of the picks.

broncosteven
01-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Brock is a much better fit for a true WCO than rgiii will ever be.

Not really, he has to be able to hit on the bombs when they are there. Look at Plummer, he dinked and dunked teams until they played up then he would chuck a couple a game to Lelie, he never hit him in stride like Manning has been able to do but he hit on them.

I also think Brock's size works against his mechanics, he is not very fluid and his footwork is suspect. Fixable? Maybe but a guy sitting behind a HOF QB who works his feet 1st in TC every year should have that sorted out in his 4th season.

I am focused on Pitt.

wicked bronco
01-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Won't happen.

peacepipe
01-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Not really, he has to be able to hit on the bombs when they are there. Look at Plummer, he dinked and dunked teams until they played up then he would chuck a couple a game to Lelie, he never hit him in stride like Manning has been able to do but he hit on them.

I also think Brock's size works against his mechanics, he is not very fluid and his footwork is suspect. Fixable? Maybe but a guy sitting behind a HOF QB who works his feet 1st in TC every year should have that sorted out in his 4th season.

I am focused on Pitt.

Last I checked,no QB hits on all there bombs,which isn't a requirement for running a WCO.

peacepipe
01-12-2016, 02:48 PM
I do wonder if you went this route instead of giving a massive contract to Brock.

Maybe not RG3, but...

Sign the entire defense back, pick up FA OL, draft a QB high with one of the picks.

So setting the franchise back 3-5 yrs is a good idea?

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2016, 02:53 PM

You clearly aren't getting it. Upside and talent are two different things.

Greatspirits
01-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Find a way to get Deshaun Watson when he comes out, that kid is going to stud!

maven
01-12-2016, 03:03 PM
So setting the franchise back 3-5 yrs is a good idea?

I was thinking along the lines of how the Seahawks were built.

peacepipe
01-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Find a way to get Deshaun Watson when he comes out, that kid is going to stud!

DeShawn Watson is not going to be as good a pro as he is in college.

Greatspirits
01-12-2016, 03:26 PM
DeShawn Watson is not going to be as good a pro as he is in college.

That's what they said about Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Russell Wilson etc.......

retro
01-12-2016, 03:37 PM
The most probable move is Brock signs a deal that avg what the bottom end of NFL starters make. Like a prove to us contract that if he plays well over the next 2-3 yrs he gets a new deal and makes some real NFL money.

The smart move is build his offense line into one of the best in the league. There could be up to 3 good OT available and a few good guards in FA.

DT and Sanders are signed and the rookie TE who got hurt will come back next yr will get a shot most likely. I would let Davis walk and keep Daniels as the security vet.

The defense IMO could see Ware let go because we have Shane Ray and Barrett waiting to get more downs. Unless his contract precludes it.

It just doesn't seem like giving up on Brock for someone like rg3 would be anything but one of the worst ideas a GM could have.

Elway will choose what defensive FA are the most valuable IE ( Miller) etc, fix the online, resign Brock and head into next yr with a team good enough to give a young qb a good chance.

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 03:58 PM
The most probable move is Brock signs a deal that avg what the bottom end of NFL starters make. Like a prove to us contract that if he plays well over the next 2-3 yrs he gets a new deal and makes some real NFL money.

The smart move is build his offense line into one of the best in the league. There could be up to 3 good OT available and a few good guards in FA.

DT and Sanders are signed and the rookie TE who got hurt will come back next yr will get a shot most likely. I would let Davis walk and keep Daniels as the security vet.

The defense IMO could see Ware let go because we have Shane Ray and Barrett waiting to get more downs. Unless his contract precludes it.

It just doesn't seem like giving up on Brock for someone like rg3 would be anything but one of the worst ideas a GM could have.

Elway will choose what defensive FA are the most valuable IE ( Miller) etc, fix the online, resign Brock and head into next yr with a team good enough to give a young qb a good chance.

I just don't understand why we are married to Brock when he doesn't seem like a good fit for Kubes offense and when he did play looked quite average. Without a doubt at RG3 s worst, he could put up stats comparable to Brock. I don't see much seperation between the two but RG3 has a higher ceiling and will come at lower price tag.

2KBack
01-12-2016, 04:22 PM
I just don't understand why we are married to Brock when he doesn't seem like a good fit for Kubes offense and when he did play looked quite average. Without a doubt at RG3 s worst, he could put up stats comparable to Brock. I don't see much seperation between the two but RG3 has a higher ceiling and will come at lower price tag.

you don't understand, because you seem to be really bad at evaluating QB's.

elsid13
01-12-2016, 04:27 PM

RGIII has problem reading defense from the pocket, and totally inadequate turning his back to the defense on PA. He has failed in this offense and there are no indication that has improved in the last 3 years. Brock has shown he can read defenses from the pocket and run PA.

retro
01-12-2016, 04:28 PM

I don't think they will marry him so to speak. They could/would still add more qbs to the roster if Manning retires.

I just doubt whether they feel they want to marry an Rg3 when his attitude and leadership are questioned.

More likely you do both then ditch Brock for Rg3 or Kapernick.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2016, 04:35 PM

200+ yards in a half = average?

Lolololol, thanks for your opinion. You're wrong. But thanks anyway.

bronco0608
01-12-2016, 04:51 PM

Why do people pick one game or one half to prove anything? Brock threw for 200 yards once!!##! Really?

Didn't Matt Flynn throw for 450 yards and 5 tds in one game? Didn't Vince young chuck it for 350? What did that prove?

Good grief, it's so annoying responding to posters who do this.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Why do people pick one game or one half to prove anything? Brock threw for 200 yards once!!##! Really?

Didn't Matt Flynn throw for 450 yards and 5 tds in one game? Didn't Vince young chuck it for 350? What did that prove?

It's not nearly as bad as responding to posters who think RG Twee is a legit starting quarterback in the NFL when he's proven that he absolutely is not. Add in his me-first bull****, his EVERYONE LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE nonsense, and his fragility, and I wouldn't want him on this team if he was paying our front office for a spot on the roster.

OABB
01-12-2016, 05:13 PM

Better than saying a draft bust is better cuz imaginary ceiling.

OABB
01-12-2016, 05:14 PM

4 first half tds against Pitt.

Two 14 point comebacks against top seeds.

But rg3 once bent his leg forward which I guess is cool

B-Large
01-12-2016, 05:28 PM

In no way shape or form can I fathom why fans here didn't like Tebow- moral guy, worked his butt off, and was a quitesential football guy who could have hung in the NFL when it wasn't a touch football league 30 years ago. Nothing would have made me happier than to see him develop into a top 10 starter in the NFL .... Just from a heart and leadership perspective he would have been quite the story... 2011 and that late unlikely run was maybe one of the most exciting stints in my Broncos memory.

LeftCoastBronco
01-12-2016, 05:44 PM

I am focused on Pitt.

Elway is the WCO Prototype, not Plummer.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2016, 06:00 PM
In no way shape or form can I fathom why fans here didn't like Tebow- moral guy, worked his butt off, and was a quitesential football guy who could have hung in the NFL when it wasn't a touch football league 30 years ago. Nothing would have made me happier than to see him develop into a top 10 starter in the NFL .... Just from a heart and leadership perspective he would have been quite the story... 2011 and that late unlikely run was maybe one of the most exciting stints in my Broncos memory.

It's not "hate." It's acknowledging that the guy was not a quarterback, and was never going to develop into a quarterback.

The hate (annoyance, really) comes when people want to lionize him as a guy who "never got his chance" here, when in reality he did... and in New York, Boston, and Philly.

His fans are the problem. His apologists are the problem.

I had a great time in 2011, but Tim Tebow was never a long-term solution, and folks here act like he's the one that got away. I've seen women pine for lost love with more self-respect and dignity than some of the Tebow nuthuggers here.

OABB
01-12-2016, 06:06 PM
It's not "hate." It's acknowledging that the guy was not a quarterback, and was never going to develop into a quarterback.

The hate (annoyance, really) comes when people want to lionize him as a guy who "never got his chance" here, when in reality he did... and in New York, Boston, and Philly.

I had a great time in 2011, but Tim Tebow was never a long-term solution, and folks here act like he's the one that got away. I've seen women pine for lost love with more self-respect and dignity than some of the Tebow nuthuggers here.

I write Tebow letters and send him my panties. Still have hope

TDmvp
01-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Worst thread in months.

TonyR
01-12-2016, 06:18 PM

This is pretty much perfectly put. Nicely done.

OABB
01-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Worst thread in months.

Agreed

Bronx33
01-12-2016, 06:25 PM
I am going and sticking with the time tested WELL ( I don't know about that one )

USMCBladerunner
01-12-2016, 06:26 PM
RG III needs a mentor that he buys into, could that be Kubiak? The answer is yes it could and if Kubes decides to take that on fine with me but not as a starter out of the gate. He needs to sit behind a vet for a season and only if we don't sign Brock to a big contract and if RG III signs at a back ups salary.

No, he doesn't need a mentor per se. He needs self-realization, the excising of all the stupid advisors in his life, to assume some stoicism, and exchange talking and quoting for working and doing. That probably does entail being a back-up for some time. I do think the guy has the talent to play, but he's a super head case.

hades
01-12-2016, 06:35 PM
its been reported that he will be cut...and after the note he left in his locker after cleaning it out yesterday id say every team knows that by now. That also tells me hes still immature and bitter...which means hes much more likely to push and try to prove hes superman which rarely works out well for the team that has to deal with that...its one thing to have a chip on your shoulder...but a gaping wound isnt something a young team with volatile chemistry needs.

There is only 1 Superman QB in the NFL, and it aint RGIII

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/05/b8/cc/05b8cc384f96c23e56032478f037627c.jpg

errand
01-12-2016, 06:46 PM
RGIII and out.......

errand
01-12-2016, 06:57 PM
nah, we'll be stuck with the asu trash. hopefully though elway finds us a dope rookie in the draft somewhere.

Yeah why would we want a guy who went 4-2 beating two division winners which btw, gave us the tie breakers to earn HFA and a bye to help our injured players to heal?

errand
01-12-2016, 07:01 PM
It is bound to happen.

Elway
Peyton
Luck is the logical next in line.

Thank God we passed on Jeff George.....

errand
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM

Yeah cuz Brock had no hand in Broncos winning HFA

broncosteven
01-12-2016, 08:46 PM
It's not nearly as bad as responding to posters who think RG Twee is a legit starting quarterback in the NFL when he's proven that he absolutely is not. Add in his me-first bull****, his EVERYONE LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE nonsense, and his fragility, and I wouldn't want him on this team if he was paying our front office for a spot on the roster.

Are we still talking about RGIII or did someone bring up KM?

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2016, 08:48 PM

Yeah, a scrambling QB with a bad knee who is mentally softer than Vince Young, and has a total me first attitude is a great pickup for a team in need of a QBOTF.:thumbs:

I'm not saying Brock is a stud in waiting, but 6 games running a vanilla offense with a swinging gate for an OL isn't a big enough sample size to say what he can or can't do. But it was enough to offer the guy a "show me what you can do" contract, especially after spending 4 seasons grooming the guy. In the case of Griffin, I'd be ok seeing him get a cheap 1 year deal to come in and compete, but no way in hell do I want him signed as the guy.

tsmarine5
01-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Someone has let Madden go to their head.

RedskinBronco
01-12-2016, 10:17 PM
He needs to go somewhere where he starts. A team with no QB like Houston... He would be dumb to go to Dallas or Denver for example.

Armchair Bronco
01-12-2016, 11:09 PM
I do not want RGIII here.

But I'd take him in a heartbeat over Kaepernick...he's AWFUL!

Really? I think Kaepernick is a much better athlete than RGIII with a huge potential upside.

If Harbaugh had only set him lose in the Super Bowl, SF would have easily won. (I could never figure out why Haubaugh chained him to the pocket in that game, BTW. It cost them the game.)

Kaepernick has been to 2 NFC championship games, and he was within 1 play of going to back-to-back Super Bowls. What has RGIII done? Nuttin!

IndelibleScribe
01-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Really? I think Kaepernick is a much better athlete than RGIII with a huge potential upside.

If Harbaugh had only set him lose in the Super Bowl, SF would have easily won. (I could never figure out why Haubaugh chained him to the pocket in that game, BTW. It cost them the game.)

Kaepernick has been to 2 NFC championship games, and he was within 1 play of going to back-to-back Super Bowls. What has RGIII done? Nuttin!

Potential to do what? Miss wide open WR's? Be terrible at reads? Fake rape chicks?

stopgap
01-13-2016, 05:18 AM
Dear God, NO!!!!!

Dont worry. Stupid thread is stupid.

Guess Who
01-13-2016, 07:09 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to that if that is what Elway wants. I am not sure if his game dedication is there though. He does the gym part Ok but I am not sure he puts in the study time.

Oz is kinda of a statue back there but I think he is a dedicated QB.

peacepipe
01-13-2016, 07:17 AM
I wouldn't be opposed to that if that is what Elway wants. I am not sure if his game dedication is there though. He does the gym part Ok but I am not sure he puts in the study time.

Oz is kinda of a statue back there but I think he is a dedicated QB.

Statue? What games have you been watching?

Guess Who
01-13-2016, 07:29 AM

He isn't that mobile, he isn't that quick, he isn't that agile.

He is slow and lumbering. He cannot even really do a simple scramble up the middle and get any amount of yardage. With his long legs he doesn't get up to speed very quick and defenders are all over him.

OABB
01-13-2016, 07:39 AM

Lol. Welcome to the orange mane.

Hamrob
01-13-2016, 07:46 AM
I've always felt that when it comes to the QB position....the "Team" makes or breaks them. Unfortunately for most, they go to poor teams, and in 2-3 years they are labeled busts. Why? Because they asked to do way too much, with way too little experience.

Take Brock for example. He's played great in my opinion....but, it's been 4 years for him. And, if you really want to analyze him...his numbers are less than stellar.

Sure, RGIII, had a couple poor seasons mired with injuries. He was asked to do way too much, with a poor Offensive Line....and average team around him. The people around him soured and thus he soured too.

A fresh new environment, with good coaching, where he doesn't have to be Superman, who knows. He's super smart. He's a kid that really could develop into one of those guys who can read defenses etc. I'm rooting for him.

Do I think we sign him...probably not....but, they're going to sign a veteran. Make no bones about it.

Hamrob
01-13-2016, 07:49 AM
I've been pleasantly surprised with Oz and his pocket awareness. He steps up into the pocket and slings it. His mobility will be more like Marino/Brady then Newton, Wilson...but, there's nothing wrong with that.

The QB's that are liabilities are the ones like Orton, who have no awareness about what's happening around them.

stopgap
01-13-2016, 07:54 AM
Harrow has a hard on for QB's

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2016, 07:57 AM
RG3's actions and attitude are going to have him bouncing around as a backup QB.

OABB
01-13-2016, 08:05 AM
I've been pleasantly surprised with Oz and his pocket awareness. He steps up into the pocket and slings it. His mobility will be more like Marino/Brady then Newton, Wilson...but, there's nothing wrong with that.

The QB's that are liabilities are the ones like Orton, who have no awareness about what's happening around them.

When did you get smart? I am stunned

Boogerboots
01-13-2016, 08:17 AM
RG3 has made such a mess of things that he needs to go to Canada and rebuild what little is left of his career. He can be a fruit cake up there and be like, accepted and stuff.

Agreed. After a couple of years of decent numbers with the Argos, he could slide over to the Bills and get his own cereal or something.

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/screen-shot-2015-08-19-at-1-58-29-pm.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

Subway marketing team just nails it everytime.

OABB
01-13-2016, 08:19 AM
Calling it now. This thread is gay.

TonyR
01-13-2016, 08:44 AM
There is only 1 Superman QB in the NFL, and it aint RGIII

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/05/b8/cc/05b8cc384f96c23e56032478f037627c.jpg

Just for the sake of argument, because we certainly need more arguing here on the Mane, it's perhaps worth noting that it wasn't all that long ago that many of the same things now being said about RGIII were being said about Cam Newton.

stopgap
01-13-2016, 08:59 AM
Calling it now. This thread is gay.

Stephen A is bagging on Stan. The Pats fan just told him he is from Mizzou

stopgap
01-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Just for the sake of argument, because we certainly need more arguing here on the Mane, it's perhaps worth noting that it wasn't all that long ago that many of the same things now being said about RGIII were being said about Cam Newton.

I would entertain an RGIIII discussion. Sorry OABB.

maven
01-13-2016, 10:03 AM

I do wonder what is going to happen with him. Will the new coach work with him or trade him?

maven
01-13-2016, 10:06 AM
A fresh new environment, with good coaching, where he doesn't have to be Superman, who knows. He's super smart. He's a kid that really could develop into one of those guys who can read defenses etc. I'm rooting for him.

Do I think we sign him...probably not....but, they're going to sign a veteran. Make no bones about it.

I'd like to see what he can do as well in a fresh new environment. I do not think he will come here, but you never know.

The idea of giving Brock a huge contract. We shall see.

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2016, 01:36 PM
What about Cleveland?

2KBack
01-13-2016, 01:44 PM
He isn't that mobile, he isn't that quick, he isn't that agile.

He is slow and lumbering. He cannot even really do a simple scramble up the middle and get any amount of yardage. With his long legs he doesn't get up to speed very quick and defenders are all over him.

Brock Rushing yards in 6.5 games : 61
Manning rushing yards in his career as a Bronco : -55

Old Coyote
01-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Hahahahaha... that was awesome. Forrest Gump played football too.

The only places that Robert Griffin is going to be great is in one Madden, his own mind, and college history.

RG3.0 was only released as a beta version in real life.

Broncoscny
01-13-2016, 05:20 PM
no thanks

Steve Sewell
01-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Called it in July 2007...OP is a tard.

maven
01-14-2016, 08:15 AM
With the amount of ****ty QB's that played this year around the league, RG3 will get a chance somewhere. I'd like to see what he can do.

Guess Who
01-14-2016, 12:03 PM
As many as eight teams could have interest in Redskins QB Robert Griffin III
play

The Washington Redskins likely will release Robert Griffin III at some point after the Super Bowl and before the new league year begins on March 15 instead of paying him his $16.2 million option for 2016.

NFL Nation rates the level of interest there would be in Griffin across the league:

HIGH

Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles would have to take a hard look at Griffin. They saw him up close during that remarkable 2012 season, when he looked like he'd own the NFC East for the next 10 years. If there is any chance Griffin can be that guy again, he would look pretty darn attractive compared to Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez. This could change with the hiring of a coach, but interest should be very high. -- Phil Sheridan

MEDIUM

Buffalo Bills: I wouldn't completely discount the possibility of Griffin coming to Buffalo because the Bills might be able to snag him at a low price this offseason. The question the Bills' front office must answer is whether Griffin would be an upgrade over backup EJ Manuel, who went 0-2 as the starter this season but has a fully guaranteed base salary next season. The Bills can't save anything by releasing Manuel, and with their tight salary-cap situation, they can't afford to pay Griffin much more than the minimum salary. He would need to be cheap and offer upside over Manuel. -- Mike Rodak

Chicago Bears: Jay Cutler has one year of guaranteed money left on the books, so the idea of Chicago adding another veteran quarterback is not out of the question. Unlike Johnny Manziel, Griffin is not an off-the-field risk, and therefore a player the Bears may consider. While the ideal route for the Bears to take is to draft a quarterback, there is zero experience presently on the roster (David Fales and Matt Blanchard) in the event Cutler is hurt in 2016. Griffin is a long shot, but Chicago needs quarterback help. -- Jeff Dickerson

Cleveland Browns: The Browns need a quarterback and owe it to themselves to turn over every rock. The team was willing to give up numerous draft picks to trade for Griffin when he came out of college. They probably will at least investigate him this offseason. New coach Hue Jackson is a quarterback guy, so if he sees something worthwhile in Griffin, he and the Browns will look into it. -- Pat McManamon

Denver Broncos: The Broncos will have plenty of questions to answer at quarterback by season's end. Peyton Manning's future at age 39 is uncertain, and coming off two seasons in which he has dealt with thigh, shoulder, rib and left foot injuries. Manning has a year left on his contract, but the cap figure is more than $20 million. Backup Brock Osweiler is set to be an unrestricted free agent. Executive vice president of football operations/general manager John Elway has said he wants Osweiler on the roster for "a long time," but it's possible Osweiler could get a bigger deal elsewhere. Rookie Trevor Siemian is a prospect the Broncos like as well, but Griffin would get at least a look, as well as some discussion -- as a potential backup initially as he resets his game -- because he would fit what the Broncos do on offense. -- Jeff Legwold

Houston Texans: I'd put the Texans on the lower end of the medium spectrum. When asked if the Texans were going to go out and get a quarterback, owner Bob McNair asked, "Who?" I threw out Griffin's name and McNair mentioned his injury history before being reminded Griffin is still under contract, which McNair then noted. The Texans will exhaust their options at quarterback, and if they feel Griffin can be accurate and committed to learning their offense, they'll take a look. -- Tania Ganguli

Kansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs are committed to Alex Smith as their starting quarterback but I could see them having interest in RG III if he's willing to be a backup and sit behind Smith for a couple of years. The Chiefs could be looking for a veteran backup because Chase Daniel is in the final season of his contract. -- Adam Teicher

St. Louis Rams: In many ways, RG III and the Rams would bring his NFL journey full circle. It was the Rams who originally traded the No. 2 selection for a bounty of draft picks that allowed Washington to pick Griffin in the 2012 NFL draft. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Rams coach Jeff Fisher has said he will explore various options when it comes to quarterbacks after starters Nick Foles and Case Keenum combined to land the Rams at the bottom of the NFL in nearly every major passing statistic in 2015. The question is really about whether Griffin is better than what the Rams have and whether whoever is running the passing game can understand and utilize his skills to get the most out of him. If the answer to both of those questions is yes, Griffin could be in play. -- Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/195922/as-many-as-eight-teams-could-have-interest-in-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii

IndelibleScribe
01-14-2016, 12:06 PM
I will not lie. I want to see RGIII as a Bronco. Just to see what he can do.
Though we would need to improve the OL even with his elusiveness.

peacepipe
01-14-2016, 12:30 PM
As many as eight teams could have interest in Redskins QB Robert Griffin III
play

The Washington Redskins likely will release Robert Griffin III at some point after the Super Bowl and before the new league year begins on March 15 instead of paying him his $16.2 million option for 2016.

NFL Nation rates the level of interest there would be in Griffin across the league:

HIGH

Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles would have to take a hard look at Griffin. They saw him up close during that remarkable 2012 season, when he looked like he'd own the NFC East for the next 10 years. If there is any chance Griffin can be that guy again, he would look pretty darn attractive compared to Sam Bradford and Mark Sanchez. This could change with the hiring of a coach, but interest should be very high. -- Phil Sheridan

MEDIUM

Buffalo Bills: I wouldn't completely discount the possibility of Griffin coming to Buffalo because the Bills might be able to snag him at a low price this offseason. The question the Bills' front office must answer is whether Griffin would be an upgrade over backup EJ Manuel, who went 0-2 as the starter this season but has a fully guaranteed base salary next season. The Bills can't save anything by releasing Manuel, and with their tight salary-cap situation, they can't afford to pay Griffin much more than the minimum salary. He would need to be cheap and offer upside over Manuel. -- Mike Rodak

Chicago Bears: Jay Cutler has one year of guaranteed money left on the books, so the idea of Chicago adding another veteran quarterback is not out of the question. Unlike Johnny Manziel, Griffin is not an off-the-field risk, and therefore a player the Bears may consider. While the ideal route for the Bears to take is to draft a quarterback, there is zero experience presently on the roster (David Fales and Matt Blanchard) in the event Cutler is hurt in 2016. Griffin is a long shot, but Chicago needs quarterback help. -- Jeff Dickerson

Cleveland Browns: The Browns need a quarterback and owe it to themselves to turn over every rock. The team was willing to give up numerous draft picks to trade for Griffin when he came out of college. They probably will at least investigate him this offseason. New coach Hue Jackson is a quarterback guy, so if he sees something worthwhile in Griffin, he and the Browns will look into it. -- Pat McManamon

Denver Broncos: The Broncos will have plenty of questions to answer at quarterback by season's end. Peyton Manning's future at age 39 is uncertain, and coming off two seasons in which he has dealt with thigh, shoulder, rib and left foot injuries. Manning has a year left on his contract, but the cap figure is more than $20 million. Backup Brock Osweiler is set to be an unrestricted free agent. Executive vice president of football operations/general manager John Elway has said he wants Osweiler on the roster for "a long time," but it's possible Osweiler could get a bigger deal elsewhere. Rookie Trevor Siemian is a prospect the Broncos like as well, but Griffin would get at least a look, as well as some discussion -- as a potential backup initially as he resets his game -- because he would fit what the Broncos do on offense. -- Jeff Legwold

Houston Texans: I'd put the Texans on the lower end of the medium spectrum. When asked if the Texans were going to go out and get a quarterback, owner Bob McNair asked, "Who?" I threw out Griffin's name and McNair mentioned his injury history before being reminded Griffin is still under contract, which McNair then noted. The Texans will exhaust their options at quarterback, and if they feel Griffin can be accurate and committed to learning their offense, they'll take a look. -- Tania Ganguli

Kansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs are committed to Alex Smith as their starting quarterback but I could see them having interest in RG III if he's willing to be a backup and sit behind Smith for a couple of years. The Chiefs could be looking for a veteran backup because Chase Daniel is in the final season of his contract. -- Adam Teicher

St. Louis Rams: In many ways, RG III and the Rams would bring his NFL journey full circle. It was the Rams who originally traded the No. 2 selection for a bounty of draft picks that allowed Washington to pick Griffin in the 2012 NFL draft. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Rams coach Jeff Fisher has said he will explore various options when it comes to quarterbacks after starters Nick Foles and Case Keenum combined to land the Rams at the bottom of the NFL in nearly every major passing statistic in 2015. The question is really about whether Griffin is better than what the Rams have and whether whoever is running the passing game can understand and utilize his skills to get the most out of him. If the answer to both of those questions is yes, Griffin could be in play. -- Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/195922/as-many-as-eight-teams-could-have-interest-in-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii
Rg3 struggled with Shanahan and his offense, I doubt he'll do any better with kubaik.

Taco John
01-14-2016, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't count on it. I've heard that Shanahan has pretty well told Kubiak to stay away - that he's not worth it.

Guess Who
01-15-2016, 12:14 AM
Rg3 struggled with Shanahan and his offense, I doubt he'll do any better with kubaik.

RG3 was rookie of the year under Shanahan...

Guess Who
01-15-2016, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't count on it. I've heard that Shanahan has pretty well told Kubiak to stay away - that he's not worth it.

He never wanted him to begin with that is why he drafted Cousins in the 3rd. Snyder is an idiot:thumbs:

elsid13
01-15-2016, 02:39 AM

When both Shannahans modified their offense to Read option with limited reads. When went back to real NFL offense in yea 2 and 3, RGIII was disaster.

Doggcow
01-15-2016, 02:57 AM

Light rail?

Guess Who
01-15-2016, 03:42 AM
When both Shannahans modified their offense to Read option with limited reads. When went back to real NFL offense in yea 2 and 3, RGIII was disaster.

RG3 was injured and still trying to get back from a devastating knee injury that he suffered in the playoffs. The reason the relationship failed was RG3 failed to do what the coaching staff demanded... and he got the coach fired and lost his best chance at being a great QB.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Yup. To bad he hates film study (what Shananhan said about RG3 after he left the 'skins.).

elsid13
01-15-2016, 06:27 PM
RG3 was injured and still trying to get back from a devastating knee injury that he suffered in the playoffs. The reason the relationship failed was RG3 failed to do what the coaching staff demanded... and he got the coach fired and lost his best chance at being a great QB.

I'm in DC. The knee injury had nothing to do with the fact that he couldn't play from the pocket.

TonyR
02-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Upside, of course, is the buzzword when teams think about taking a shot on this free-agent class's most polarizing quarterback. It has been three years since Robert Griffin mesmerized the NFL during a spectacular rookie season, and while RG III has been alternately injured and ineffective since, it's worth remembering just how good he was in 2012. He led the league in yards per attempt and posted the lowest interception rate in football in an offense where the top receivers were Josh Morgan, Santana Moss and half a year of Pierre Garcon. All of that is without getting into his ability as a runner, and while his running helped create throwing lanes, the league didn't perceive him to be a gimmick quarterback before the 2012 draft. Adjust for historical context and there just aren't many players who were as good as Griffin, even for a year, who were flashes in the pan.

As dead and buried as Griffin's career seems to be at the moment, it's also worth remembering that he has spent the past three years as the scapegoat for what was wrong with an oft-dysfunctional franchise. Nobody could benefit more from a change of scenery. And his numbers really haven't been that bad -- even if you ignore that 2012 season, Griffin's 2013-2014 stats were roughly similar to those of Ryan Tannehill, and Tannehill got a four-year, $77-million extension off those numbers.

No, Griffin probably won't be the quarterback he was in 2012 ever again. The possibility that he could recapture some of that magic makes him a more tantalizing option than your typical fourth-choice quarterback in free agency, which is where he'll be when Washington cuts him in early March. Compare his promise to somebody like Mallett, who would have been in a similar position a year ago. Griffin may not get a clear path to a starting gig, but I threw out the Bills and Rams as plausible landing spots, and there are a bunch of teams around the league who would have to at least consider the possibility of giving Griffin more than typical backup money -- $7 million or so on a one-year deal -- to see if there's something left in the former Baylor star.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14843475/class-nfl-free-agent-quarterbacks-deep-fascinating-led-kirk-cousins-brock-osweiler

IndelibleScribe
02-25-2016, 06:41 PM
I think he can be better than his rookie year in the right organization.
He has to sign somewhere, come in and prove himself and have the staff behind him.

TonyR
02-27-2016, 08:17 AM
The Washington Redskins will use one of their tags on quarterback Kirk Cousins and have been in talks with at least two other teams about a trade involving Robert Griffin III, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14851707/washington-redskins-use-tag-kirk-cousins-talk-robert-griffin-iii-trade

Won't happen, but if they could get him cheap, and he was okay with the role, I'd love to see him brought in as Brock's backup.

Dedhed
02-27-2016, 08:44 AM
Won't happen, but if they could get him cheap, and he was okay with the role, I'd love to see him brought in as Brock's backup.

Just so you could hear him whine to the media and try to undermine Brock and the coaches?

RonMexico
02-27-2016, 08:45 AM
The Washington Redskins will use one of their tags on quarterback Kirk Cousins and have been in talks with at least two other teams about a trade involving Robert Griffin III, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14851707/washington-redskins-use-tag-kirk-cousins-talk-robert-griffin-iii-trade

I'd like to see him compete with Brock.

RG3 moves well in the pocket. Brock is lumbering and plodding in the pocket. That is a problem until and if the OL gets fixed.

TonyR
02-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Just so you could hear him whine to the media and try to undermine Brock and the coaches?

Read my post again. Particularly note one of my relevant qualifiers. Then come back with a better response that suggests you might have the ability to read and comprehend.

And to my knowledge he didn't "whine" and "undermine" last season.

Dedhed
02-27-2016, 08:57 AM
Read my post again. Particularly note one of my relevant qualifiers. Then come back with a better response that suggests you might have the ability to read and comprehend.

And to my knowledge he didn't "whine" and "undermine" last season.

If you're going to qualify everything that he is, what's the point?

I'd love him in Denver too if he wasn't the player he's shown he is, had a better work ethic, took to coaching, acted like a leader, took responsibility, read the field better, was durable, etc.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 09:41 AM
Why would a team waste a draft pick in a trade when they can wait till he's released? I don't see a bidding war for him.

mnfan
02-27-2016, 09:42 AM
Previous reports said the Dallas Cowboys might be one of the teams interested in Griffin, but the latest information said the team did not see him as a fit. The Denver Broncos, who are awaiting a decision from Peyton Manning, are also said to have interest in the former Offensive Rookie of the Year.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/robert_griffin_iii_has_drawn_trade_interest_from_a t_least_two_teams/s1_127_20393512

Benjamin Allbright ‎‎@AllbrightNFL

Just texted to me: #Broncos discussing possibility of RG3 if money gets prohibitive to keep Osweiler.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/broncos-interested-in-rg3/292932

Hamrob
02-27-2016, 09:46 AM
It's really about what system RGIII gets put into. A run first, defensive football system....he'll do well.

Those who say that's what Shanny had in WA are nuts. That Oline was one of the worst ever assembled! Denver is becoming an inside out football team. Running back, TE's, then WR's. With a top 5 defense, all you have to do is protect the ball and score in that 17-20 pts a game range. Kubs/Dennison could utilze RGIII in a way that would take advantage of his pros. RGIII is Jake Plummer all over again...and I'm a Plummer fan!

RonMexico
02-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Previous reports said the Dallas Cowboys might be one of the teams interested in Griffin, but the latest information said the team did not see him as a fit. The Denver Broncos, who are awaiting a decision from Peyton Manning, are also said to have interest in the former Offensive Rookie of the Year.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/robert_griffin_iii_has_drawn_trade_interest_from_a t_least_two_teams/s1_127_20393512

Just texted to me: #Broncos discussing possibility of RG3 if money gets prohibitive to keep Osweiler.

RG3 on a bargain contract > Brock on an inflated contract

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Plan Bs don't really work out unless your name is Wade Phillips.

Would be terrible if they get him. Injured by October and Semian would then be called into action. Kubiak again being scared and dwindling the playbook down to generic run run pass mentality.

Shanahan on line 1 Elway. Answer it.

RonMexico
02-27-2016, 09:55 AM
It's really about what system RGIII gets put into. A run first, defensive football system....he'll do well.

Those who say that's what Shanny had in WA are nuts. That Oline was one of the worst ever assembled! Denver is becoming an inside out football team. Running back, TE's, then WR's. With a top 5 defense, all you have to do is protect the ball and score in that 17-20 pts a game range. Kubs/Dennison could utilze RGIII in a way that would take advantage of his pros. RGIII is Jake Plummer all over again...and I'm a Plummer fan!

This would be the place where RG3 could take a backseat to the defense and grow with the team. Prime opportunity.

He reminded me of Elway at Baylor and always seemed to be a good kid. He was working on a masters degree while his teammates were working on their bachelors.

RG3 would be a good heir to Peyton, IMO. He was a gamer in college.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 10:02 AM
This would be the place where RG3 could take a backseat to the defense and grow with the team. Prime opportunity.

He reminded me of Elway at Baylor and always seemed to be a good kid. He was working on a masters degree while his teammates were working on their bachelors.

RG3 would be a good heir to Peyton, IMO. He was a gamer in college.

Tebow was a gamer in college.

Amazing what a little time away from watching a player erases total suck out of people's minds.

bronco0608
02-27-2016, 10:42 AM
I like the concept of this thread.

bronco0608
02-27-2016, 10:50 AM
ABTG

Anybody but the giraffe

wolf754life
02-27-2016, 11:18 AM
In BROCK I TRUST!

TonyR
02-27-2016, 11:20 AM
Injured by October...

Maybe. But it's not like Kubiak would be having him running the read option. So I the risk of him getting injured is a bit exaggerated.

RonMexico
02-27-2016, 11:24 AM
Maybe. But it's not like Kubiak would be having him running the read option. So I the risk of him getting injured is a bit exaggerated.

He'd be running bootlegs, handing the ball off, etc. Simple offense.

He can make every throw and has the potential to make big plays.

I'd take him over Brock given what we know right now.

He's worth the gamble.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 11:28 AM

IMO Brock reads defenses and goes through progressions better than RG does. Defenses stumped RG, and he was garbage because of it

and it's not just fans saying this, it's his teammates and the players he threw the ball to.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/26/chris-cooleys-breakdown-of-rg3s-tape-shows-bigger-issues/

Brock >>> RG3 and it's really not even close.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 11:31 AM
He'd be running bootlegs,handing the ball off, etc. Simple offense.

He can make every throw and has the potential to make big plays.

I'd take him over Brock given what we know right now.

He's worth the gamble.

Did you even watch him throw a pass on the run? If you did, you saw inaccurate passes

TonyR
02-27-2016, 11:41 AM
IMO Brock reads defenses and goes through progressions better than RG does. Defenses stumped RG, and he was garbage because of it...

"Garbage"? Go look up his 2012 stats. I think people forget how good he was. His 2013 and 2014 stats aren't bad, either.

Look, I'm not advocating for him. And there's probably little to no chance it will happen. But I admit I'm a little intrigued by the idea.

Bronc0guy
02-27-2016, 11:49 AM
I easily could see it happening if Brock's price tag ends up being too high. Don't see Elway rolling with Siemian or a draft pick, given his win now mentality and how stacked we are on defense. A one year prove it deal would be great for RG3 if we weren't able to retain Brock. He at least has proven at one point in his career that he is capable of succeeding at this level.

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2016, 12:45 PM

Do it Elway, do it!!!!!!!!!!!

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2016, 01:10 PM
I easily could see it happening if Brock's price tag ends up being too high. Don't see Elway rolling with Siemian or a draft pick, given his win now mentality and how stacked we are on defense. A one year prove it deal would be great for RG3 if we weren't able to retain Brock. He at least has proven at one point in his career that he is capable of succeeding at this level.

And people think I'm silly talking about Hasselbeck as a one year option? RG3 is a head case and can't read defenses. What don't people understand about this?

Bronc0guy
02-27-2016, 01:13 PM
And people think I'm silly talking about Hasselbeck as a one year option? RG3 is a head case and can't read defenses. What don't people understand about this?

So you'd rather have Hasselback than RG3 on a one year deal to try and make another run? Given the right situation, who knows? Griffin could turn it around. Not saying he for sure would, but I think the upside makes it worth a shot as opposed to rolling witha guy like Hasselback or Schaub.

I'm really starting to think Os is gonna take the $ and run to LA, Cleveland or Houston. Cousins getting tagged increases his price tag quite a bit I would think.

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2016, 01:19 PM
So you'd rather have Hasselback than RG3 on a one year deal to try and make another run? Given the right situation, who knows? Griffin could turn it around. Not saying he for sure would, but I think the upside makes it worth a shot as opposed to rolling witha guy like Hasselback or Schaub.

I'm really starting to think Os is gonna take the $ and run to LA, Cleveland or Houston.

Hasselbeck can operate Kubiak's offense flawlessly. His only issue is health and that's why the Broncos should also draft a QB and continue to develop Siemien. But Hasselbeck can be a leader and make all the throws and run Kubiak's offense 100 times better than Manning.

Action
02-27-2016, 02:00 PM
A HUGE advantage is that RG3 knows this system.

Broncos showing that they aren't about to play these bull**** games of paying Brock $17m+

DENVERDUI55
02-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Hasselbeck can operate Kubiak's offense flawlessly. His only issue is health and that's why the Broncos should also draft a QB and continue to develop Siemien. But Hasselbeck can be a leader and make all the throws and run Kubiak's offense 100 times better than Manning.

Hasselbeck is awful. If you start him you are throwing in the towel.

Action
02-27-2016, 02:12 PM

lol @ having a 40 year old QB that is perfectly fine with a back up role as your starting QB.

I'm taking a RG3 who has been riding the bench for 2 years...whom has a high probability been humbled by the experience.

His athletic ability is elite. You don't think John cares about athletic ability? Go look at his latest interview with PFT. They asked him what his favorite trait about Brock was coming out of college. Do your research.

Reading defense? What makes you think Brock can read defenses? His stats aren't far off of Griffins 2nd year. Griffin had a 68.7% completion 2 years ago before getting benched. Let's not talk about his rookie year...a level Brock hasn't even shown the ability to perform at consistently.

Lol @ a 40 year old QB running an offense flawlessly...what the **** does that even mean Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 02:13 PM
"Garbage"? Go look up his 2012 stats. I think people forget how good he was. His 2013 and 2014 stats aren't bad, either.

Look, I'm not advocating for him. And there's probably little to no chance it will happen. But I admit I'm a little intrigued by the idea.

Rookie year sure.....then DCs got tape on him.

There are no better inside info/evaluations than people who played with someone. I'll take Cooleys word over us.

peacepipe
02-27-2016, 02:13 PM
A HUGE advantage is that RG3 knows this system.

Broncos showing that they aren't about to play these bull**** games of paying Brock $17m+

JFC. RG3 doesn't know sit about Kubiaks system,he's never run it.

Action
02-27-2016, 02:14 PM
RG3 wife

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/rebeccaliddicoat6.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=663&strip=all

http://8328-presscdn-0-65.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/robert-griffin-married-wedding-rebecca-liddicoat.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Hasselbeck and RG3 won't last 16 games. Just like Manning didn't last. This time there won't be a Brock to pick up the pieces.

If rather have someone who isn't glass.

Action
02-27-2016, 02:15 PM

Doesn't know ****? What was he running with Kyle Shanahan? Did you WATCH the Redskins? Did you watch the Falcons this past year?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 02:17 PM

Ya I remember Shanny having to bring in the Baylor spread cause he couldn't grasp a full west coast style.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Doesn't know ****? What was he running with Kyle Shanahan? Did you WATCH the Redskins? Did you watch the Falcons this past year?

It wasn't Kubiaks system. It was a hybrid spread for a while. Kinda like what Kubiak had to do the 1st half of this year. Change his style to fit a QB.

peacepipe
02-27-2016, 02:21 PM

Shanahan didn't run his WCO with RG3, he was too stupid to grasp it. So Shanahan changed it to a zone read/spread that was run at Baylor.

elsid13
It wasn't Kubiaks system. It was a hybrid spread for a while. Kinda like what Kubiak had to do the 1st half of this year. Change his style to fit a QB.

They scrapped the hybrid after his rookie year and went pure wco/zb, where he struggled

Drunken.Broncoholic2
Shanahan didn't run his WCO with RG3, he was too stupid to grasp it. So Shanahan changed it to a zone read/spread that was run at Baylor.

Exactly.

And when they did try to have him run the WCO he regressed cause he couldn't do it.

Shanahan says it right here.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/back-to-school-how-mike-shanahan-is-using-rg3s-college-offense-with-the-redskins/

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2016, 02:22 PM
They scrapped the hybrid after his rookie year and went pure wco/zb, where he struggled

That's what I'm saying. :thumbs:

Agamemnon
02-27-2016, 02:27 PM
Action thinks he ran Shanny's system his rookie year? Hilarious!

Action
02-27-2016, 02:27 PM

Ok let me restate what I said -

He has prior experience with this offense.

Action
02-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Action thinks he ran Shanny's system his rookie year? Hilarious!

This passive aggressive idiot over here wants to comment on people he has blocked.

most mentally weak person on this site - bar none.

Please let me know where I said "rookie year" or did you add that in to fit your agenda?

Someone quote me so Agamoron can see my post.

He has me blocked because I pierced his soul in the past to the point where he had questioned his existence.

fontaine
02-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Me first athletes don't make good football players.

Gimme Osweiler any day of the week who stands tall in the pocket in the face of pressure and is ready to throw the ball all day long and not once complains about it or criticizes his team mates.

Action
02-27-2016, 03:03 PM

Gimme Osweiler any day of the week who stands tall in the pocket in the face of pressure and is ready to throw the ball all day long and not once complains about it or criticizes his team mates.

Over the course of all my years here on the forum -

1 concept this forum cannot grasp onto is that athletes are humans. Humans grow, age, and mature. We've literally seen it, time and time again on our team yet for some ****ing reason, this forum has a learning mental block.

I am not saying RG3 has changed - I am not saying he's the answer

I am just saying writing him off because you think he's the same person from 2 years ago is a poor thought process...especially with all the stuff RG3 has gone through.

And, he needs to earn his next big contract.

TonyR
02-27-2016, 03:03 PM

True, but keep in mind he also was coming off a bad injury and never really did get fully healthy. I'm not saying he'll definitely be able to adjust and run a more standard O, but I don't think his injury helped him. Nor did the dysfunctional organization he was part of.

TonyR
02-27-2016, 03:06 PM

A year ago everyone was trashing Cam Newton for being a "me first athlete". And now because of the way he reacted to the Super Bowl loss people are doing it again. But what went on in between was some mighty fine QB performance from a guy who finally took to some good coaching and a good team around him. Let's not rule out that maybe RG3 can possibly do something similar. Even though I myself have huge doubts about it.

TonyR
02-27-2016, 03:29 PM
There are signs that he has matured...

The 2012 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year spent the season as Washington's third-string quarterback after his concussion during the second preseason game opened the door for Kirk Cousins to become the starting quarterback. He didn't appear in any games this season and was only on the game-day active roster once. RG3 prevented a difficult personal situation from becoming a big distraction for the Redskins by handling his demotion with professionalism, which is contrary to his reputation of being a diva.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25447022/agents-take-whats-next-for-robert-griffin-iii

Taco John
02-27-2016, 03:29 PM
I'd rather see us take Chase Daniel and Tavaris Jackson, draft a guy, and open up camp to 4 quarterbacks to win the job. Fourth place is "you're fired."

Action
02-27-2016, 03:41 PM
I'd rather see us take Chase Daniel and Tavaris Jackson, draft a guy, and open up camp to 4 quarterbacks to win the job. Fourth place is "you're fired."

Chase Daniels and Tavaris Jackson?

Really bro?

Taco John
02-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Chase Daniels and Tavaris Jackson?

Really bro?

Pick two who are better. The pool isn't filled with Tom Bradys and Big Bens. The talent there is what it is.

Action
02-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Pick two who are better. The pool isn't filled with Tom Bradys and Big Bens. The talent there is what it is.

Chase Daniels and Tavaris Jackson are better than RG3?

Tombstone RJ
02-27-2016, 03:50 PM

If these are not long term solutions then why not go with a vet like Hasselbeck who was 4-0 as the colts starter and was responsible for 5 of the colts 8 wins on a crappy colts team where he started 8 games?

Taco John
02-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Chase Daniels and Tavaris Jackson are better than RG3?

I'm poisoned against RG3. My best friend is a Redskins fan.

Action
02-27-2016, 03:52 PM
If these are not long term solutions then why not go with a vet like Hasselbeck who was 4-0 as the colts starter and was responsible for 5 of the colts 8 wins on a crappy colts team where he started 8 games?

Because hassellbeck is 40.

You want a 40 year old QB going onto a new team and try to lead them to a SB?

John Elway knows this is a ****ing joke and I will personally bet yu any amount of money this won't happen.

Taco John
02-27-2016, 03:53 PM

I'd be okay with that. Ultimately, I'd trust whatever Elway did here. This is such a crap shoot, that whatever Elway's evaluation is, we'd have to grin and bear it and hope for the best.

Action
02-27-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm poisoned against RG3. My best friend is a Redskins fan.

I understand.

However I know you'll support him and the Broncos if it happens.

Unlike other members who will set out a personal agenda to hope and see the Broncos burn up in flames.

Action
02-27-2016, 04:06 PM
I will say that hassellbeck would be a great back up... Just not a plan A going into the season.

Enter The Dragon
02-27-2016, 04:08 PM
RGlll? What the F is going on?

Action
02-27-2016, 04:37 PM
RGlll? What the F is going on?

Taken how the past off seasons has gone - some wild **** is bound to go down for the Broncos.

Always does.

fontaine
02-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Over the course of all my years here on the forum -

1 concept this forum cannot grasp onto is that athletes are humans. Humans grow, age, and mature. We've literally seen it, time and time again on our team yet for some ****ing reason, this forum has a learning mental block.

I am not saying RG3 has changed - I am not saying he's the answer

I am just saying writing him off because you think he's the same person from 2 years ago is a poor thought process...especially with all the stuff RG3 has gone through.

And, he needs to earn his next big contract.

Yeah I get all that.

So all you got is a hard on for a guy who might mature from being an ego driven a$$hat after he was literally handed the keys to Washington?

That's the guy you want on a Denver team that literally sacrificed individuality at the altar of team first all season long?

Hilarious!