PDA

View Full Version : What Team Would It Be The Hardest To Be A Fan Of?

frerottenextelway
01-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Poll....

And sometimes we think we have it bad....

theAPAOps5
01-10-2016, 06:40 PM
That was a hard one. No team clearly rise to the top for me so I choose other, as in all of the above

strafen
01-10-2016, 06:41 PM
Poll....

And sometimes we think we have it bad....

Well, it was bad, real bad and tough to be a bronco fan when McDaniels was driving our team into the ground and had to fight with the idiots that thought that was ok

strafen
01-10-2016, 06:43 PM
I'd say Dallas because of the owner that has perhaps blocked his own team chances for success

69bronco
01-10-2016, 07:05 PM
probably cleveland, cincinnati, and jacksonville for me in that order.

gunns
01-10-2016, 07:05 PM
I'd go with Cleveland, but running a very close 2nd are KC and Detroit.

SVine
01-10-2016, 07:10 PM
I voted Cleveland. That franchise has sucked forever, and the disarray of incompetence is beyond terrible, and no sign of it ever getting better.

It's not even close. At least the other franchises have had some sort of past success even if only regular season, or mystique, or cult following or are young franchises. Cleveland has NOTHING. Detroit should probably also be in the poll.

Kaylore
01-10-2016, 07:31 PM
Cleveland. They haven't done anything since my Dad my was a kid.

SoCalBronco
01-10-2016, 07:33 PM

And considering you're a genetically engineered superhuman that's lived for hundreds of years already, that's a really long time for a fanbase to suffer.

My vote is definitely with Cleveland.

Powderaddict
01-10-2016, 07:35 PM
I put Oakland, just because life in prison has to suck.

OABB
01-10-2016, 07:56 PM
New England. And it isn't even close.

baja
01-10-2016, 07:59 PM
other; the Broncos.

If you want to know why read this site, all we do do is winlose.

OABB
01-10-2016, 08:02 PM
other; the Broncos.

If you want to know why read this site, all we do do is winlose.

This is the best franchise in all of sports. We demand excellence.

Teams like the Browns would just be happy to be in the playoffs with a huge named QB.

We want to win the whole thing and big names and just getting in the tournament matter for very little.

I like it his way.

maven
01-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Detroit, Cleveland. **** it has to suck being a fan.

OABB
01-10-2016, 08:08 PM
At least Cleveland doesn't cheat. I would rather root for the Browns than the pats. Not one of their Super Bowls is legitimate. Just imagine being a fan of that.

I mean truly imagine it. Your whole world is a lie. And everyone knows it.

Armchair Bronco
01-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Cleveland by a landslide.

Bookend one end of the Brown's misery with "The Drive" and "The Fumble" and then stick Johnny "Football" Manziel on the other end, and you now have a 3+ decade timeslice of bad luck, ineptitude, and constant "rebuilding" years.

Browns fans are the unluckiest fans in the world.

Fitzy47
01-10-2016, 08:11 PM
At least Cleveland doesn't cheat. I would rather root for the Browns than the pats. Not one of their Super Bowls is legitimate. Just imagine being a fan of that.

Ha! Had this conversation the other day with my bro actually. It would get so exhausting fighting off the cheating claims... I would just hope that it would go away in time and people would forget about it.

Fitzy47
01-10-2016, 08:12 PM
The Vikings and Bills need to be in that poll

SVine
01-10-2016, 08:27 PM
This is the best franchise in all of sports. We demand excellence.

Teams like the Browns would just be happy to be in the playoffs with a huge named QB.

We want to win the whole thing and big names and just getting in the tournament matter for very little.

I like it his way.

Damn right. I'll take our "winlosses" over perpetual losing and forever incompetence everyday. The only reason why some of our winlosses are determined winlosses is because a large chunk of our fanbase demands excellence.

Look at New England. They are a great franchise (even if some of their successes are ill-got). If a I see a level of success like what they've enjoyed, then I think it can be possible here.

SVine
01-10-2016, 08:34 PM

Nah. 4 Super Bowl losses, even if having no wins, at least they've tasted what it's like to be in the big game. The Vikings have history with the Purple People Eaters and Fran Tarkenton. The Bills had some great great players on their Super Bowl teams, but the fact they have done almost nothing since those days must suck pretty bad.

ScottXray
01-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Of the teams listed I had to choose DALLAS. All of them suck, especially Cleveland. But Dallas used to be good... now it's how the mighty have fallen.

Jerrah has got SO much money and he thinks he is a brilliant football mind...Yet he has screwed that team up so much it isn't funny.

Used to be AMERICAS team....Now its just a Mericun team and can't even compete in a weak division. High ticket prices and no real hope of it getting better anytime soon. CAP hell and crappy coach, crappy QB crappy defense..with a crappy owner too.

Dallas won't come back tell Jerry gets his mits out of the management.

TheRationalist
01-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Cleveland was the first choice that popped into my head, but I would make the argument for Philly as well. It seems like they build something to get so close, then watch if fall apart again.

broncosteven
01-10-2016, 08:41 PM
I lived in Michigan for a time in the late 70s when I was a kid. I could not understand how people could root for such crap. Maybe why I can't understand why kFc fans would want to come here and talk crap about a team that hasn't been relative since men were walking on the moon.

frerottenextelway
01-10-2016, 08:42 PM

Lol they were both in my mind for the poll but didn't make the cut...

Armchair Bronco
01-10-2016, 08:43 PM
The problem for the Browns is that they now have the worst owner in the NFL.

Jimmy Haslam is now the poster child for "The Owner You Don't Want to Have".

Previously, that title belonged to Daniel Snyder. Just think how bad things must be if your owner is *WORSE* than Dan Snyder!

bowtown
01-10-2016, 08:47 PM
Probably Seattle, because then you would have to be around all those insufferable fans and posters all the time. We only really have to deal with one of them when the playoffs roll around, and that's bad enough.

Doggcow
01-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Probably Seattle, because then you would have to be around all those insufferable fans and posters all the time. We only really have to deal with one of them when the playoffs roll around, and that's bad enough.

The fabled Seattle fan? Is that real?

I think they'd just be a Carolina fan if the going actually got rough. Etc.

Bronc0guy
01-10-2016, 09:08 PM
No one expects anything from Cleveland.. They suck, probably always will.

It's the Cowboys if we're talking the past 20 years, and it's not even close.

spdirty
01-10-2016, 09:31 PM
Kansas City.

TheRationalist
01-10-2016, 09:34 PM

That's the thing that has been so insufferable about Raiders fans the last few years. They have sucked, but their fans didn't know they sucked.

They'd talk s**t week after week, and get the s**t kicked out of them week after week.

theAPAOps5
01-10-2016, 09:43 PM

After the final loss of the season there is the 13th Man migration where all Seattle fans become fans of the current front runner.

It's a fact...it's science.

USMCBladerunner
01-10-2016, 09:45 PM
I voted Cleveland, but Detroit is close.

The Cardinals used to be a really, really bad franchise, but the owner's son is doing a much better job. Bidwells I think.

Chargers are actually in my book as well, bad owners, crappy sports politics, lots of choking. Philip Rivers has glossed a lot of lipstick on that pig.

I could never be a fan of the Raiders, but I understand why they have the fanbase they do. They have a lot to be proud of and a style that's all their own.

Inkana7
01-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Redskins.

A Defiant Goose
01-10-2016, 09:50 PM

Broncos fans can relate

OABB
01-10-2016, 10:11 PM
Broncos fans can relate

To the winning maybe.

Not to gaining a competitive advantage by cheating.

broncocalijohn
01-10-2016, 10:29 PM

Sad thing is their franchise left and did really well in baltimore.
It has to be Cleveland for sucking for so long and you are in a freezing city with a bad reputation. Jacksonville has to be up there too just because they are not well known and if you go to a bar to watch them play, it will be on the smallest screen available and not one other fan of the Jaguars will be there. Absolutely sad to be a fan and no one else knows who the f they are.

ZONA
01-10-2016, 10:39 PM
I saw Cleveland as the first option and didn't even need to read the other names before I voted, LMAO.

Bronc0guy
01-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Cleveland in a landslide. Personally, I don't get it. They've always sucked. Hard to be bummed when your team always sucks, it should just be expected. Like whipping out a tiny pee pee and expecting it to be 2 inches longer. That ****er isn't gonna grow over night and the Browns are never going to be worth a damn.

MiamiChico
01-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Cowboys, I hate Jerry Jones with a passion.

USMCBladerunner
01-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Cleveland in a landslide. Personally, I don't get it. They've always sucked. Hard to be bummed when your team always sucks, it should just be expected. Like whipping out a tiny pee pee and expecting it to be 2 inches longer. That ****er isn't gonna grow over night and the Browns are never going to be worth a damn.

See I can cope with disappointment if the team is in the mix. I can't stand it when the Broncos aren't even competitive. Lucky for me that's only happened 2 or three seasons in my life!!! Cleveland and Detroit suffer irrelevancy for decades straight.

maher_tyler
01-10-2016, 11:07 PM
I voted Cleveland. That franchise has sucked forever, and the disarray of incompetence is beyond terrible, and no sign of it ever getting better.

It's not even close. At least the other franchises have had some sort of past success even if only regular season, or mystique, or cult following or are young franchises. Cleveland has NOTHING. Detroit should probably also be in the poll.

The fact they still have fans show up to games is remarkable!

Bronc0guy
01-10-2016, 11:18 PM
See I can cope with disappointment if the team is in the mix. I can't stand it when the Broncos aren't even competitive. Lucky for me that's only happened 2 or three seasons in my life!!! Cleveland and Detroit suffer irrelevancy for decades straight.

The Broncos will always be relevant. This franchise is a winner, with people who care and know WTF they are doing. We may not win the Super Bowl every year, but we'll always be relevant.

Bronco Yoda
01-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Jacksonville

Not only do they suck every year they have no real history to speak of as well. Even the Raiders can look back and pontificate about the good old 70's. Jag's have nothing!

NoFlyZone
01-10-2016, 11:31 PM
New England. And it isn't even close.

I found this interesting. Being a fan in Massachusetts is just natural. But all of these guys from across the united states that are fans of NE, I wonder how they justify Spygate, Deflategate, ect. in their minds.

This past year I got into a converstation with a Patiots Fan. During the conversation I said the Patriots were cheaters, he said they were not, so I said what about the NFL fining the Patriots $500,000, and taking away draft picks? He had no response.

Cleo McDowell
01-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Cleveland, because of continuous suckage and because I have to put up with living in Cleveland.

Bronc0guy
01-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Jacksonville

Not only do they suck every year they have no real history to speak of as well. Even the Raiders can look back and pontificate about the good old 70's. Jag's have nothing!

You have to be at one point relevant to be considered. Jags, Browns.

chrisp
01-11-2016, 02:23 AM

I was just about to correct you before I realised that those superbowl wins in the early 90s were MORE than 20 years ago....

....god I'm old...

A Defiant Goose
01-11-2016, 04:45 AM
To the winning maybe.

Not to gaining a competitive advantage by cheating.

Suuuuure, whatever you say!

Blueflame
01-11-2016, 05:22 AM

After the final loss of the season there is the 13th Man migration where all Seattle fans become fans of the current front runner.

It's a fact...it's science.

I have no problem whatsoever with the long-suffering Chickens fan who knows who Jim Zorn and Dave Krieg were. It's the ones who hear the name "Curt Warner" and say "yeah, he was a great QB for the Rams and Cardinals" that raise the eyebrow for me.

If they think "Ground Chuck" is just something you buy at the supermarket, then it's a sure sign they're a bandwagon fan. Front-running bandwagon fans suck.

OABB
01-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Suuuuure, whatever you say!

Like always, it's not about what OABB says. It's about the fact and reality of the situation.

I am just a messenger of truth. Don't try and act like what I am saying is not fact.

There are enough people here who do that.

Das Rote Baron
01-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Like always, it's not about what OABB says. It's about the fact and reality of the situation.

I am just a messenger of truth. Don't try and act like what I am saying is not fact.

There are enough people here who do that.

Yeah the Broncos are as pure as the driven snow. All your facts and not one helped the Patriots win a Super Bowl, let alone 4. Deal with it, the Patriots are not giving back the trophies.

Gort
01-11-2016, 09:10 AM
being a CLE fan is like being a Cubs fan. i think at this point CLE fans take a perverse pride in how bad they are. it gives them "cred" to stick by them as real fans.

i think being an OAK fan would be hardest for me. not only do i despise their uniform and logo and city and history and past players and past coaches (e.g. Madden) and past owners, but i actually hate their fans too. it would be impossible for me to look past all of that and root for them. the fact that they have won plenty during their existence is irrelevant to me. they are simply a detestable franchise in my eyes in ever conceivable way i try to look at them.

id' rather watch a 3 hour infomercial than a Raiders game where they aren't playing the Broncos.

BroncoBeavis
01-11-2016, 09:13 AM
being a CLE fan is like being a Cubs fan. i think at this point CLE fans take a perverse pride in how bad they are. it gives them "cred" to stick by them as real fans.

This is why I picked JAX.

Browns fandom is cliche enough now to at least make some kind of statement.

Jax is a franchise literally nobody cares enough about to even think about how bad their fans have it.

Gort
01-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Jacksonville

jags have nothing? ...whatchoo talkin' 'bout, willis?!

they have a pool in their stadium!

https://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/454352946.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

http://s1.freebeacon.com/up/2014/10/jags-pool-girls-2.jpg

http://s1.freebeacon.com/up/2014/10/jags-pool-booty-feature-540x315.jpg

;)

Old Dude
01-11-2016, 09:21 AM
I'd have to say the Pats, because the stinkgates will never wash off.

Paladin
01-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Chiefs and Pats/ Just don't like those fans at all.....

B-Large
01-11-2016, 10:45 AM
This fails because the Bills are the worst team, franchise in the NFL until proven otherwise.

A Defiant Goose
01-11-2016, 10:48 AM
I'd have to say the Pats, because the stinkgates will never wash off.

Nah it's super easy to be a Pats fan, even with the all the -gates behind em. I'm not sure 2014 would have been as satisfying without the stink of Spygate and Deflategate. It's great to hear the next big excuse when they win :sunshine:

ColoradoDarin
01-11-2016, 10:51 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fdhogMpQD0Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Broncobiv
01-11-2016, 11:04 AM
I don't understand how anyone can say that it would be the worst to be a Dallas fan. They've won 5 Super Bowls over 2 generations. Can't understand how that'd be the worst, regardless of how dysfunctional they are these days.

Broncobiv
01-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Ha! Had this conversation the other day with my bro actually. It would get so exhausting fighting off the cheating claims... I would just hope that it would go away in time and people would forget about it.

Simple. They don't fight it off. They stick their fingers in their ears, their heads in the sand, scream LA LA LA LA LA and point to the championship banners as if that's the end of their argument.

Das Rote Baron
01-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Simple. They don't fight it off. They stick their fingers in their ears, their heads in the sand, scream LA LA LA LA LA and point to the championship banners as if that's the end of their argument.

Whatcha got? Spygate? You really think they won a Super Bowl because of Spygate? Patriots fans LAUGH at that one. You are cluless as to what Spygate was all about if you use it as an argument as to why the Patriots won a Super Bowl.

What else? Deflategate? Unbelievable, even if the balls were deflated Brady looked better in the second half with "properly" inflated balls. How did that help him again? How did they win the super Bowl last year?

The reason the Patriots are the number one target of cheating accusations: success. No other team in the league has been as relevant as the Patriots have been in the 21st century. Neither the Broncos, nor the Saints, nor the Seahawks – there will not be any cries for asterisks since neither team has rivaled the success the Patriots have had. If they don't keep wining year in and year out then nobody cares! You think if the Browns were accused of anything anybody would give a crap?

It actually makes us a stronger group of fans so keep it coming.Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
01-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Pats fans think their scandals are based on one game for thier last SB win. The deflated balls help them possibly win games throughout the season to get to the SB. Talent might have won the SB game but getting there could be from cheating. Anyways, let us keep this to the topic and not let the Pats fans screw another thread up.

Das Rote Baron
01-11-2016, 11:39 AM
The deflated balls help them possibly win games throughout the season to get to the SB.

But we will never know that because checking the pressure of balls was never a concern, for ANY team until the Colts & Ravens became crybabies and the inept NFL F'd the whole thing up. How do you try to accuse deflation and not take note of ball PSI before the game?

God I hope the Patriots win a 5th this year, we need another scandal it's getting boring around here.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-11-2016, 11:47 AM
It's Cleveland. Nobody else even comes close.

The team is a **** show. They fire their coach every other year. Their owner is a criminal. They have terrible drafts, and even when they get a guy they think is can't-miss, somehow, he misses. They've spent DECADES in this same state.

Nobody comes close.

ColoradoDarin
01-11-2016, 11:47 AM
I am tempted to change my mind to the Pats*, just because their stupid fans think the rest of us should be as stupid.

stopgap
01-11-2016, 11:52 AM
I am tempted to change my mind to the Pats*, just because their stupid fans think the rest of us should be as stupid.

Why the **** are they here anyway? If we aren't a danger.

Why do they obsess over this team?

Oh yeah, Manning.... The thorn in their precious Brady's history.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Cool thread derailment.

jacob2125
01-11-2016, 11:56 AM
It would have to be either the Browns or Bengals. The team that perpetually sucks or the team that gets your hopes up year after year and smashes them?

stopgap
01-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Cool thread derailment.

ok then.

Broncos

A Defiant Goose
01-11-2016, 12:08 PM
ok then.

Broncos

Hilarious!

Das Rote Baron
01-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah, Manning.... The thorn in their precious Brady's history.

I love manning.

Brady vs Manning playoff wins……Brady 19 Manning 11

Super Bowl Wins……..Brady 4 Manning 1

What's not to like.

stopgap
01-11-2016, 12:37 PM
I love manning.

Brady vs Manning playoff wins……Brady 19 Manning 11

Super Bowl Wins……..Brady 4 Manning 1

What's not to like.

He ****s up your Heiress's stats.

And you just can't handle that.

Targaryen
01-11-2016, 12:37 PM
I'd say some of you haters are delusional, but it's as transparent as a window that you're alleging it would be hard to be a Patriot fan purely because you hope Patriot fans read it and believe that's your actual take.

It's pretty damn easy to be a Patriot fan. When they're firing on all cylinders, which is 90% of the time, they're always one of the most fun teams to watch in the NFL. Tom Brady's intensity is now legendary, and his cast of Gronkowskis and Edelmans make it even better.

The Patriots win… often by a lot.

A long string of epic playoff wins followed by near undefeated seasons and lots of hardware make it incredibly easy.

For us, football is fun. A whole lot of fun.

Keep hating lol.

stopgap
01-11-2016, 12:38 PM
I'd say some of you haters are delusional, but it's as transparent as a window that you're alleging it would be hard to be a Patriot fan because of your imaginary asterisks.

It's pretty damn easy to be a Patriot fan. When they're firing on all cylinders, which is 90% of the time, they're always one of the most fun teams to watch in the NFL. Tom Brady's intensity is now legendary, and his cast of Gronkowskis and Edelmans make it even better.

The Patriots win… often by a lot.

A long string of epic playoff wins followed by near undefeated seasons and lots of hardware make it incredibly easy.

For us, football is fun. A whole lot of fun.

Keep hating lol.

You have your own board.

Go there.

2KBack
01-11-2016, 12:48 PM
ignorance is bliss

Miss I.
01-11-2016, 12:49 PM
I was going to say Pats, not because of the cheating, but because so many of them are insufferable pricks how does one continue to live with being an insufferable prick all the time? But I suppose they don't really know they are insufferable pricks.

So, my choice is the Raiders. Crappy team who hasn't been relevant in over a decade and weird fans who probably drop the soap alot.

Das Rote Baron
01-11-2016, 12:56 PM
He ****s up your Heiress's stats.

And you just can't handle that.

Yeah Brad's stats are pathetic:thumbs:

stopgap
01-11-2016, 12:56 PM
ignorance is bliss

Expand on this...

stopgap
01-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Yeah Brad's stats are pathetic:thumbs:

If you didn't care you wouldn't be here.

Admit you would let Tommy do you dry.

Das Rote Baron
01-11-2016, 01:13 PM
If you didn't care you wouldn't be here.

Admit you would let Tommy do you dry.

I don't get it?

DHallblows
01-12-2016, 07:04 AM
If you're also required to live in the same city as the team you root for, Cleveland by a landslide.

OABB
01-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Yeah the Broncos are as pure as the driven snow. All your facts and not one helped the Patriots win a Super Bowl, let alone 4. Deal with it, the Patriots are not giving back the trophies.

I think keeping the trophies is a better punishment. Giving them back would reset your karma and release the guilt.

Now you guys have to live with it forever. And always be called out as the cheaters that you are.

I have no doubt that will get old. Also raising your kids to be pats fans will no doubt lead to a terrible "why would you root for cheaters dad?"moment when the kid gets old enough to learn right from wrong.

I can only imagine your justification that will no doubt plant the seeds of eternal resentment from your child for being so weak of mind and spirit.

Samiwindr
01-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Cleveland, and it's not even close.

stopgap
01-12-2016, 08:34 AM
I think keeping the trophies is a better punishment. Giving them back would reset your karma and release the guilt.

Now you guys have to live with it forever. And always be called out as the cheaters that you are.

I have no doubt that will get old. Also raising your kids to be pats fans will no doubt lead to a terrible "why would you root for cheaters dad?"moment when the kid gets old enough to learn right from wrong.

I can only imagine your justification that will no doubt plant the seeds of eternal resentment from your child for being so weak of mind and spirit.

:golfclap:

Das Rote Baron
01-12-2016, 09:28 AM

My kids are smart enough to understand jealousy breeds contempt. It's a really good life lesson.

The hard part is explaining why we don't have duck boat parades every year. We've had so many for all our sports teams they think it's an annual event.

Gort
01-12-2016, 09:29 AM
My kids are smart enough to understand jealousy breeds contempt. It's a really good life lesson.

The hard part is explaining why we don't have duck boat parades every year. We've had so many for all our sports teams they think it's an annual event.

stay classy...

...and by classy, i mean insufferably douchey.