PDA

View Full Version : OT: Spirit Airlines

tsiguy96
09-27-2014, 08:56 AM
spirit is awful, but if you do fly spirit, go to the airport and buy your tickets AT the airport, youll save $34 round trip because they charge a 16.99 fee each way to book online.

DENVERDUI55
09-27-2014, 09:28 AM
spirit is awful, but if you do fly spirit, go to the airport and buy your tickets AT the airport, youll save $34 round trip because they charge a 16.99 fee each way to book online.

They will charge you to check in at the airport and probably a fee for buying at the airport. They get their price one way or another.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
09-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Frontier now charges for carry-on bags. $25.

SouthStndJunkie
09-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Flying gets to be more expensive and more of a pain in the ass every year.

Meck77
09-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Wife and Friend have flown on spirit. Both felt like they were going to die. Duct tape on seats. Flights canceled and got stranded. Neither would fly again for FREE!

You get what you pay for.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Frontier wants to be the new Spirit. That airline is going to **** quickly. They won't be around in 5 years

EDIT: I should say at their current rate they won't be around in 5 years.

DENVERDUI55
09-27-2014, 12:38 PM

Actually you should see what airline tickets cost in the 70's and 80's.

Frontier wants to be the new Spirit. That airline is going to **** quickly. They won't be around in 5 years

Why do you say that? They are making money and growing.

Meck77
09-27-2014, 12:42 PM

Thanks Obama!

http://online.wsj.com/articles/for-travelers-this-summers-new-fee-on-airline-tickets-1404341606

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Actually you should see what airline tickets cost in the 70's and 80's.

Why do you say that? They aren't making money and growing.

FYP

I will leave it at that, because I have to.

Meck77
09-27-2014, 01:33 PM
It's impossible to say what airlines will be around in 5 years. At the rate it's going we will be forced into flying only one company. Universal Airlines! Instead of animals on the tail wings there will be a pictures of Obama. Ha!

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 01:40 PM
It's impossible to say what airlines will be around in 5 years. At the rate it's going we will be forced into flying only one company. Universal Airlines! Instead of animals on the tail wings there will be a pictures of Obama. Ha!

That is very true. Although at this rate any more consolidation will be done so at the scrutiny of anti-trust laws.

Frontier has had an uncanny way of surviving when on deaths doorstep. They almost sunk the parent company of Republic Airways who couldn't get rid of them fast enough. Now they are going to this pay for everything strategy, have no customer service, and face a lot of competition at their home base from Southwest in Denver. Southwest, who just got five more brand spanking new gates to operate from. 5 gates for Southwest is like 10 gates for other airlines given their incredible turn times

tsiguy96
09-27-2014, 03:01 PM
spirit is one of the most profitable airlines there, for this exact reason. again, the airline is awful, but the wife and i got round trip tickets from FLL to laguardia for $220 total. print your ticket at the kiosk and bring a backpack, you can see places for very cheap.

broncosteven
09-27-2014, 03:14 PM
With the dude who took out the Radar Tower up here in Aurora the Airlines have to start pumping money into their infrastructure. I used to work for that hospital they sent the dude to, it is right across the street from the radar tower. Kind of surprised it took so long for them to cut over to the Elgin radar tower.

I read about the cost to incurred to put GPS into planes after that Malaysian Jet was lost but after yesterday I would think the FAA should enforce a push to go GPS, I would think in the long run installing some GPS transponders and console would be cheaper than running antiquated Radar from a few sites in and around major airport hubs. That act took out air traffic into at least 5 states. I still don't see a lot of air traffic over head.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 03:17 PM
With the dude who took out the Radar Tower up here in Aurora the Airlines have to start pumping money into their infrastructure. I used to work for that hospital they sent the dude to, it is right across the street from the radar tower. Kind of surprised it took so long for them to cut over to the Elgin radar tower.

I read about the cost to incurred to put GPS into planes after that Malaysian Jet was lost but after yesterday I would think the FAA should enforce a push to go GPS, I would think in the long run installing some GPS transponders and console would be cheaper than running antiquated Radar from a few sites in and around major airport hubs. That act took out air traffic into at least 5 states. I still don't see a lot of air traffic over head.

That isn't the airlines infrastructure. That is the federal government. Airline user fees won't go up, they are what pay for improvements to facilities. The Feds are going to have to pump money into their facilities to create redundancy. It won't be at an increase to the airlines, it will be at the expense of other budget needs like instrument landing system equipment, airport upgrades, staffing, etc.

broncosteven
09-27-2014, 03:23 PM
That isn't the airlines infrastructure. That is the federal government. Airline user fees won't go up, they are what pay for improvements to facilities. The Feds are going to have to pump money into their facilities to create redundancy. It won't be at an increase to the airlines, it will be at the expense of other budget needs like instrument landing system equipment, airport upgrades, staffing, etc.

Was wondering how that worked. Thought the Time article said that it was the airlines resisting due to cost but I read that a couple months ago.

You work in the industry, what is your take on what happened and is radar still the best method for dealing with planes in the air in this day and age? Could the real failure been in their Disaster Recovery planning at the site, that is after the dude cut and set fire to the cables?

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 03:25 PM
spirit is one of the most profitable airlines there, for this exact reason. again, the airline is awful, but the wife and i got round trip tickets from FLL to laguardia for $220 total. print your ticket at the kiosk and bring a backpack, you can see places for very cheap.

Yes they have a business model that works. But other airlines trying to emulate it will struggle because they have a customer base that already has an expectation. Existing airlines depend in their frequent fliers to help drive revenue. Spirit relies in reaching a demographic that us priced out of flying and are not considered regulars.

It is hard to switch to that business model without alienating your customers. Spirit negotiated gate leases and contracts with the business model in mind. Frontier, a Spirit wannabe had not.

B-Large
09-27-2014, 03:26 PM
Frontier is awful. Spirit is awful. I have had simple unacceptable, verging on disgusting encounters with both, I don't care how cheap they are, I won't condone that business model with another dollar.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Was wondering how that worked. Thought the Time article said that it was the airlines resisting due to cost but I read that a couple months ago.

You work in the industry, what is your take on what happened and is radar still the best method for dealing with planes in the air in this day and age? Could the real failure been in their Disaster Recovery planning at the site, that is after the dude cut and set fire to the cables?

The FAA us so antiquated it is embarrassing. They rely on technology from the 1950's to move modern efficient aircraft around the world. They are slow to move to full Performance Based Navigation and GPS technology.

The airlines do push back on any real significant improvements. There are two ways money is collected for improvements. Airlines have a very vocal say in how one is used. This is more used for Terminal improvements. The way the FAA is funded is through user fees collected on passenger tickets. The airlines only really lobby against those going up. They probably won't go up, they will just pull money away from other areas.

Meck77
09-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Frontier is awful.

Huh I've flown them probably 30 times and rarely had an issue. They stopped service to my main destination so stopped using them about two years ago. It must have gone down hill around that time.

Requiem
09-27-2014, 03:40 PM
I never had an issue with Frontier, though I haven't flown with them in a few years. Very affordable tickets.

KipCorrington25
09-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Driving to the airport, parking, and buying there costs just about as much, unless you're suggesting buying them the day of travel which is totally unrealistic.

Uncle Bill
09-27-2014, 05:04 PM
I never had an issue with Frontier, though I haven't flown with them in a few years. Very affordable tickets.

Frontier used to be really good. Now they're really average, and they've added ridiculous baggage fees. I can't justify flying Frontier anymore, when Southwest offers the same quality service to more destinations, at a considerably lower price.

I have no idea what their strategy is, and I'm not an airline executive, so maybe I'm the stupid one. But coming from someone who used to fly Frontier often, I won't even waste my time looking at their flights anymore; they're never even in the ballpark with Southwest.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Frontier has taken the turn towards fees and crap customer service in the last year. They used to be my main choice. Now they are last resort.

gunns
09-27-2014, 05:26 PM

EDIT: I should say at their current rate they won't be around in 5 years.

I read an article the other day that puts Frontier in the top 5 by customers for service. That'll go a long ways to keep a service in business. Delta has taken #1. Southwest has really fallen. Never even heard of Spirit

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 05:28 PM
I read an article the other day that puts Frontier in the top 5 by customers for service. That'll go a long ways to keep a service in business. Delta has taken #1. Southwest has really fallen. Never even heard of Spirit

That will change.... Already is

You can find articles that say several airlines are tops

Here is JD Power for 2013 it has Alaska

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2013-north-america-airline-satisfaction-study

This article says Southwest

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/consulting-firm-says-southwest-airlines-has-top-customer-service-rating-us-airways-has-the-worst-among-eight-u-s-airlines.html/

USA Today has JetBlue #1 and Southwest #2
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/04/26/best-worst-airlines/8144891/

Nowhere have I seen southwest drop. So I am saying that your article probably isn't very accurate.

gunns
09-27-2014, 05:50 PM
That will change.... Already is

You can find articles that say several airlines are tops

Here is JD Power for 2013 it has Alaska

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2013-north-america-airline-satisfaction-study

This article says Southwest

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/consulting-firm-says-southwest-airlines-has-top-customer-service-rating-us-airways-has-the-worst-among-eight-u-s-airlines.html/

USA Today has JetBlue #1 and Southwest #2
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/04/26/best-worst-airlines/8144891/

Nowhere have I seen southwest drop. So I am saying that your article probably isn't very accurate.

I have no idea what the article was from. May have read it in a Dr's office. So I guess I can't say what year. I was just interested as I've had to travel several times this year, seem to get a flight with Frontier or US Airways. Not a real fan of US but Frontier was alright. I don't know that any airlines is lights above any other as their changes have left little to gauge customer service.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 05:54 PM
I have no idea what the article was from. May have read it in a Dr's office. So I guess I can't say what year. I was just interested as I've had to travel several times this year, seem to get a flight with Frontier or US Airways. Not a real fan of US but Frontier was alright. I don't know that any airlines is lights above any other as their changes have left little to gauge customer service.

Frontier used to be far better than them all. I can't really say on US Air, haven't flown them in years and now they are American Airlines.

Delta is really ranking higher, which is weird for an airline that large. JetBlue is great, but have few choices across the country.

broncocalijohn
09-27-2014, 07:47 PM
I jaye these added fees. Ever try to book a hotel room lately and then find out they have a $20 resort fee added on? Pissed me off that I look for hotels without it or less than $10 if room is good deal. Riceline, hotel.com, etc. Should show these costs before you start your booking.

tsiguy96
09-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Driving to the airport, parking, and buying there costs just about as much, unless you're suggesting buying them the day of travel which is totally unrealistic.

i live 5 minutes from an airport and parking cost us $1, so atleast it worked for us. if anyone else is in the same boat can help them too.

SVine
09-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Spirit is owned and managed by unethical dirty bastards. We once had round trip tix fron DEN to LAX. We had problems during the checkin and being processed through security which caused us to miss the outgoing flight, so we had to book another flight on a different airline. A week later, at LAX we are at the ticket counter to get our boarding passes for the return flight. Those motherfu**ers refused to print our boarding passes, stating that according to their policy, "if any leg of an itinerary is missed, then the rest of the itinerary is voided". That should be illegal, as we paid for the returning flight, and them voiding the rest of the itinerary, I consider them stealing our seats from us that we paid for.

Meck77
09-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Frontier used to be far better than them all. I can't really say on US Air, haven't flown them in years and now they are American Airlines.

Delta is really ranking higher, which is weird for an airline that large. JetBlue is great, but have few choices across the country.

I fly US Air quite a bit. Generally on time. Wifi works well. More expensive then Frontier is/was. Good frequency in and out of Denver. What's nice about them is they don't hammer on you on last minute booking rates.

As great as some people say Southwest is I rarely book two weeks in advance and for that reason never fly SW. US air kicks their ass in that regard.

While we are at it and with as many people are on here.

If any of you, your family, or close friends work for an airline and have flight benefits I'm in the market to BUY THEM. I had an arrangement with someone else via Frontier and it was a win/win for both of us. I know how the standby works, and all the rules associated with flying on employee benefits. PM me with some details, let's chat. With as much as I fly I'm willing to pay a good chunk of change for your flight benefits. Way more than your brother or cousin is giving you! ;D

Also, in the market for buddy passes.

SouthStndJunkie
09-27-2014, 09:01 PM
I fly US Air quite a bit. Generally on time. Wifi works well. More expensive then Frontier is/was. Good frequency in and out of Denver. What's nice about them is they don't hammer on you on last minute booking rates.

As great as some people say Southwest is I rarely book two weeks in advance and for that reason never fly SW. US air kicks their ass in that regard.

If any of you, your family, or close friends work for an airline and have flight benefits I'm in the market to BUY THEM. I had an arrangement with someone else via Frontier and it was a win/win for both of us. I know how the standby works, and all the rules associated with flying on employee benefits. PM me with some details, let's chat. With as much as I fly I'm willing to pay a good chunk of change for your flight benefits. Way more than your brother or cousin is giving you! ;D

My aunt that lives in Seattle has the employee flight benefits for United Airlines, as her husband (who passed away) retired from United Airlines and that was one of the benefits. She knows how it all works with standby rules all that stuff and she flies all over and takes full advantage of that benny. She'd never be willing to sell her flight benefits and she isn't hurting for money, as her son (my cousin) has worked in Redmond for Microsoft since they were a small company and he's loaded from years and years of taking as many stock options as possible and seeing them skyrocket and split over and over.

Anyway, those employee/spouse flight benefits are an awesome perk. She flies back to NW Ohio to visit anytime she wants and flies anywhere else on a whim to do her genealogy stuff or stay in the condo her son owns in Arizona whenever she feels like going, as it doesn't cost her anything to fly down and back. You just have to be willing to know how to work the standby rules and be willing to chill out in airports waiting for connecting flights until they can get you on a flight with an open seat.

Meck77
09-27-2014, 09:08 PM
My aunt that lives in Seattle has the employee flight benefits for United Airlines, as her husband (who passed away) retired from United Airlines and that was one of the benefits. She knows how it all works with standby rules all that stuff and she flies all over and takes full advantage of that benny. She'd never be willing to sell her flight benefits and she isn't hurting for money, as her son (my cousin) has worked in Redmond for Microsoft since they were a small company and he's loaded from years and years of taking as many stock options as possible and seeing them skyrocket and split over and over.

Anyway, those employee/spouse flight benefits are an awesome perk. She flies back to NW Ohio to visit anytime she wants and flies anywhere else on a whim to do her genealogy stuff or stay in the condo her son owns in Arizona whenever she feels like going, as it doesn't cost her anything to fly down and back. You just have to be willing to know how to work the standby rules and be willing to chill out in airports waiting for connecting flights until they can get you on a flight with an open seat.

It's a great perk. It's gotten tougher to fly standby. A few years ago when I had them I got on flights with good regularity. These days it seems flights are packed to almost 100% capacity so standby is trickier. I had access to the flight loads online so I would know before I ever got to the airport how many seats were available. It was killer. I don't blame her for not wanting to sell. People have different circumstances though.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 09:12 PM

Oh man do I envy those with flight benefits. I work for an airport and am not allowed to have them. It would be considered unethical unless every single airline gave the exact same thing. That doesn't happen.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 09:17 PM
It's a great perk. It's gotten tougher to fly standby. A few years ago when I had them I got on flights with good regularity. These days it seems flights are packed to almost 100% capacity so standby is trickier. I had access to the flight loads online so I would know before I ever got to the airport how many seats were available. It was killer. I don't blame her for not wanting to sell. People have different circumstances though.

This is because of two things. First the consolidation movement has reduced options for flights in a market. Second, airlines are reducing frequency and instead are flying trips on only a few legs a day with bigger airplanes. The passengers from 2 separate trips are now on 1. This has lead to higher load factors (the amount of occupied seats) and more profitable routes.

In the past flights were more frequent but with more open seats. If a plane flies with an open seat the airline loses that chance of revenue forever. It's not like a store that can just store extra stock for later.

baja
09-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Frontier now charges for carry-on bags. $25.

That means my ex can fly cheap, she's an old bag that carries on..... And on an on.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 09:21 PM
That means my ex can fly cheap, she's an old bag that carries on..... And on an on.

Man the is the second time today someone I know has used this joke! LOL

tsiguy96
09-27-2014, 09:23 PM
If a plane flies with an open seat the airline loses that chance of revenue forever. It's not like a store that can just store extra stock for later.

always thought this would mkae a great case for having last minute fire sales on plane seats. though i guess the risk there is people wont book in advance knowing the price would drop substantially.

theAPAOps5
09-27-2014, 09:28 PM
always thought this would mkae a great case for having last minute fire sales on plane seats. though i guess the risk there is people wont book in advance knowing the price would drop substantially.

Exactly the reason they don't.

Meck77
09-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Oh man do I envy those with flight benefits. I work for an airport and am not allowed to have them. It would be considered unethical unless every single airline gave the exact same thing. That doesn't happen.

Imagine these! Not sure if you heard about this. American sold unlimited first class flights for life in the 80's for $250,000. That was a large sum of money in the 80's but first class, around the globe for life? That was a steal if you could afford that and were young enough at the time. Imagine how much 50 years of First Class flights would cost!

http://business.time.com/2012/05/08/the-250000-airline-pass-that-was-worth-every-penny/

baja
09-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Man the is the second time today someone I know has used this joke! LOL

And here I thought I was being so clever making up that joke. ;D

misturanderson
09-28-2014, 02:11 AM
Spirit is owned and managed by unethical dirty bastards. We once had round trip tix fron DEN to LAX. We had problems during the checkin and being processed through security which caused us to miss the outgoing flight, so we had to book another flight on a different airline. A week later, at LAX we are at the ticket counter to get our boarding passes for the return flight. Those mother****ers refused to print our boarding passes, stating that according to their policy, "if any leg of an itinerary is missed, then the rest of the itinerary is voided". That should be illegal, as we paid for the returning flight, and them voiding the rest of the itinerary, I consider them stealing our seats from us that we paid for.
Same thing happened to me a couple years ago with Frontier. They stated that because I didn't cancel ahead of time that the remaining tickets that I paid for (2 additional legs of my trip) were cancelled. Such complete bull****.

Quoydogs
09-28-2014, 04:40 AM

Dude I literally just spit coffee on my phone. Lol awesome.

Drunk Monkey
09-28-2014, 05:15 AM
All American airlines suck. Fly around Asia (Malaysia aside) for a little while, you get spoiled. They still have attractive friendly service and free drinks.

American does treat me really nice but that has more to do with my 2 million miles.

TailgateNut
09-28-2014, 05:24 AM
Wife and Friend have flown on spirit. Both felt like they were going to die. Duct tape on seats. Flights canceled and got stranded. Neither would fly again for FREE!

You get what you pay for.

No shiate.....If I'm gonna die flying I wanna be in the pilots seat not crunched between rows like a sardine.
Speaking of flying have ya been to the keys lately (looking for a good fishing guide/service).

TailgateNut
09-28-2014, 05:27 AM

Right?!?!LOL

TailgateNut
09-28-2014, 05:43 AM
All American airlines suck. Fly around Asia (Malaysia aside) for a little while, you get spoiled. They still have attractive friendly service and free drinks.

American does treat me really nice but that has more to do with my 2 million miles.

I strickly fly American in the continental US. Asia I rank Korean Air at the top and Europe goes to Lufthansa for me (great service and their planes are well maintained......really important considering the long swim in the event of a "water landing").

The only airlines I wont use are Continental and United (I'll f-ing walk if they are the only option) and one comment for Delta (Hey, how about training your pilots to land/ touch-down once per segment....****ing bouncing down the runway is the norm with your pilots).

Miss I.
09-28-2014, 06:44 AM
Airlines I dislike: American (**** service everytime and cranky assholes at desks and customer service and fewer options on flights for entertainment in general), United and US Air (get increasingly ****tier every time I fly them).

Airlines I like: Delta (in general smoother flights as far as connections, better flights, more options on flights in particular on the international flights I used to take) and Southwest for within the US (cheaper, pretty nice people all around, don't mind the cattle call to be honest, nicer planes in general, free checked bags is nice).

TailgateNut
09-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Airlines I dislike: American (**** service everytime and cranky a-holes at desks and customer service and fewer options on flights for entertainment in general), United and US Air (get increasingly ****tier every time I fly them).

Airlines I like: Delta (in general smoother flights as far as connections, better flights, more options on flights in particular on the international flights I used to take) and Southwest for within the US (cheaper, pretty nice people all around, don't mind the cattle call to be honest, nicer planes in general, free checked bags is nice).

I don't have the same experience with AA......I have many perks and freebies with them, and no attitudes. Southwest...my first experience with them was ok except for the wierd boarding process...real friendly staff. But IMO, Delta pilots suck balls.

Drunk Monkey
09-28-2014, 07:18 AM
I strickly fly American in the continental US. Asia I rank Korean Air at the top and Europe goes to Lufthansa for me (great service and their planes are well maintained......really important considering the long swim in the event of a "water landing").

The only airlines I wont use are Continental and United (I'll f-ing walk if they are the only option) and one comment for Delta (Hey, how about training your pilots to land/ touch-down once per segment....****ing bouncing down the runway is the norm with your pilots).

Cathay is my favorite of the Asian airlines. I am pretty much tied to One World partners so I don't use Lufthansa or Korean much. I flew Delta to Germany earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised. I agree with you on United, bar non the worst of the major airlines. The poor bastards in coach on their old 747 still only have 1 big screen to watch the same movie.

D.B.
09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
Spirits ads are classic especially the Anthony Weiner parody. http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/spirit-airlines-paging-carlos-danger-blog-entry-1.1695625

Here is the email I got when I requested help......

Meck77
09-29-2014, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=TailgateNut;4199920]No shiate.....If I'm gonna die flying I wanna be in the pilots seat not crunched between rows like a sardine.
Speaking of flying have ya been to the keys lately (looking for a good fishing guide/service).[/QU

I fished just off of Boca Raton a few weeks ago. Just a smaller party boat. $40 for a few hours. It was fun. We caught some bonitas, some decent snapper, yellow tails.

Islamorada area seems be the heart of the sport fishing as you probably know. Tons of charter options out of there. Have a cousin who fishes there a lot. I could ask him. I use to stay in a little private VRBO.com house in Big Pin key. Owner gave you a kayak, flat boat, and he even did scuba diving. It was cheap. $500 for the week. Killer back yard on a canal that got you to the flats. Only problem was he was running an illegal house rental because his HOA didn't allow rentals and he got shut down!

Oh check out Robbie's I think it's called. It's a tourist trap area (I think near islamorada) to feed the tarpons. There are tons of them there for obviously reasons if you want to go after them. They do charters out of there. Let me see if I can find the link.

*edit* Ok robbies. http://www.robbies.com/ Have not fished with them but that area is LOADED with Tarpon if you want to have some fun!

Nut sounds like we need to bump the ole Hunting and Fishing thread!

TailgateNut
09-29-2014, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=TailgateNut;4199920]No shiate.....If I'm gonna die flying I wanna be in the pilots seat not crunched between rows like a sardine.
Speaking of flying have ya been to the keys lately (looking for a good fishing guide/service).[/QU

I fished just off of Boca Raton a few weeks ago. Just a smaller party boat. $40 for a few hours. It was fun. We caught some bonitas, some decent snapper, yellow tails.

Islamorada area seems be the heart of the sport fishing as you probably know. Tons of charter options out of there. Have a cousin who fishes there a lot. I could ask him. I use to stay in a little private VRBO.com house in Big Pin key. Owner gave you a kayak, flat boat, and he even did scuba diving. It was cheap. $500 for the week. Killer back yard on a canal that got you to the flats. Only problem was he was running an illegal house rental because his HOA didn't allow rentals and he got shut down!

Oh check out Robbie's I think it's called. It's a tourist trap area (I think near islamorada) to feed the tarpons. There are tons of them there for obviously reasons if you want to go after them. They do charters out of there. Let me see if I can find the link.

*edit* Ok robbies. http://www.robbies.com/ Have not fished with them but that area is LOADED with Tarpon if you want to have some fun!

Nut sounds like we need to bump the ole Hunting and Fishing thread!

No doubt. Went down to Nawlins a while back and fished the bayou. Caught a bunch of Redfish, trout and flounder. Awesome guy I went ou with. It was just he and I and we slayed them. The Fla. trip I'd like to catch some cobia and whatever else. Love cobia...fight like hell and taste awesome..and it's the perfect time of year for them down along the keys.