PDA

View Full Version : Now watch this drive

Mecklomaniac
08-20-2014, 08:46 PM
After delivering an ardent statement on the execution of James Foley by ISIS militants, President Obama’s motorcade returned to the golf course on Martha’s Vineyard.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/president-obamas-motorcade-heads-to-golf-course-following-fo?utm_term=305l59s#1h0yvpl

American beheaded in Iraq. UK PM cancels his vacation, US Pres goes golfing.

Seem to remember Michael Moore and the left making a big deal about something similar with a former US Pres
https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608043356486567245&pid=15.1&P=0

DenverBrit
08-20-2014, 08:56 PM
His sincerity appears fleeting.

Do these politicians think when they step away from the podium the reporting stops? 8')

barryr
08-20-2014, 09:11 PM
I guess he still needs to convince his blind loyalists he cares even though the sane know he doesn't and really never has.

Rigs11
08-20-2014, 10:07 PM
He should have strapped on his army boots and went to Iraq and fought this evil terrorists. Seriously at a time when we are in awe at the brutality of Isis, the righties have to take their cheap shots

GreatBronco16
08-21-2014, 05:19 AM
He should have strapped on his army boots and went to Iraq and fought this evil terrorists. Seriously at a time when we are in awe at the brutality of Isis, the righties have to take their cheap shots

Obama wouldn't know how to lace up a pair of Army boots.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-21-2014, 11:00 AM
He should have strapped on his army boots and went to Iraq and fought this evil terrorists.

But not before posing in a flight suit on an aircraft carrier underneath a "mission accomplished" banner. :D

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Seem to remember Michael Moore and the left making a big deal about something similar with a former US president

And I seem to remember the OM's cheerleaders for that same president bending over backward to assure us that such actions were no big deal.

Not sure why they're singing a different tune now...

BroncsRule
08-21-2014, 11:11 AM
And I seem to remember the OM's cheerleaders for that same president bending over backward to assure us that such actions were no big deal.

Not sure why they're singing a different tune now...

I clearly recall the righty tighties on here loudly proclaiming that the President can run the world from anywhere in the digital age.

Mecklomaniac
08-21-2014, 11:47 AM
With Teddy Roosevelt, it was speak softly and carry a big stick. With Obama it is speak loudly and carry a putter.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/21/article-2730503-20AC4F9E00000578-941_634x465.jpg

You know... OJ spent a lot of time searching golf courses for his Nicole's killer. Maybe Pres Obama is searching the golf courses for ISIS.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Maybe Pres Obama is searching the golf courses for ISIS.

You mean in the same place your hero Chimpy McFlightsuit was searching for Bin Laden and Iraq's WMD?

Imagine that.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-21-2014, 12:02 PM
I clearly recall the righty tighties on here loudly proclaiming that the President can run the world from anywhere in the digital age.

I remember that too.

Seems like only yesterday. :D

ludo21
08-21-2014, 12:23 PM
I do not mind the Pres golfing, but immediately after your speech, that is a bit unwise if you ask me.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-21-2014, 12:53 PM
I do not mind the Pres golfing, but immediately after your speech, that is a bit unwise if you ask me.

Or immediately after you've just received a memo that says "Bin Laden/al Qaeda planning attack inside the U.S."

El Minion
08-21-2014, 01:52 PM
https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608043356486567245&pid=15.1&P=0

http://www.billdietrich.me/bush-vietnam.jpg

Pony Boy
08-21-2014, 02:18 PM
It's funny how all the liberals forget that Obama promised that he would not take vacations if elected President?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/68WS5B19LC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cutthemdown
08-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Obama is a joke. His plan is to do nothing about anything.

Requiem
08-21-2014, 02:49 PM
OP had civics grades that measured off the Richter.

Mr.Meanie
08-21-2014, 06:59 PM
It's funny how all the liberals forget that Obama promised that he would not take vacations if elected President?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/68WS5B19LC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just watched that clip. In that exact same sentence he also said all family life, insecurities, need for sleep, privacy, etc. are all gone when you decide to run for office. He was describing the incredible amount of sacrifice to the job any potential president has to give when they decide to run for office.

Funny how the liberals all forgot that Obama promised not to sleep or have a family if he were elected president, amirite?

cutthemdown
08-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Hilliary even saying Obamas mantra is let's not do much and try to avoid having to take responsibility for the results.

barryr
08-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Even the Clinton's tried to tell people Obama was an empty suit, but the gullible refused to listen and like the children they are, went for the new, shiny toy instead.Pathetic, but now they will go back to being Clinton fans in 2016.

Requiem
08-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Even the Clinton's tried to tell people Obama was an empty suit, but the gullible refused to listen and like the children they are, went for the new, shiny toy instead.Pathetic, but now they will go back to being Clinton fans in 2016.

Derp. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5388)

Taco John
08-21-2014, 10:37 PM

I think that's only half true. I think his plan is to wait for congress to act.

barryr
08-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Derp. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5388)

Bigot.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-21-2014, 11:57 PM

L0L @ you presuming to judge those who voted for Obama when you backed the Gramps/Bible Barbie ticket.

You crack me up. ROFL!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-21-2014, 11:59 PM
I think that's only half true. I think his plan is to wait for congress to act.

His plan is to wait for his marching orders from Wall Street and the military industrial complex just like the rest of 'em.

broncocalijohn
08-22-2014, 12:23 AM
I just watched that clip. In that exact same sentence he also said all family life, insecurities, need for sleep, privacy, etc. are all gone when you decide to run for office. He was describing the incredible amount of sacrifice to the job any potential president has to give when they decide to run for office.

Funny how the liberals all forgot that Obama promised not to sleep or have a family if he were elected president, amirite?

I voted for Obama based on the no sleep and no vacation thread. I am disapoint. I shall not vote for him in 2016!

I think this was part of being transperacy too.

Guess Who
08-22-2014, 06:14 AM
President Barack Obama has taken 92 days of vacation since he was sworn in, compared to 367 for President George W. Bush at the same point in his presidency

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2014/07/25/5269717/facts-are-obama-taking-less-vacation.html#storylink=cpy

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 06:41 AM
President Barack Obama has taken 92 days of vacation since he was sworn in, compared to 367 for President George W. Bush at the same point in his presidency

Read more here: http://www.bradenton.com/2014/07/25/5269717/facts-are-obama-taking-less-vacation.html#storylink=cpy

Yep.

Vacation smack from a Bush cheerleader is like human rights smack from Pol Pot.

TonyR
08-22-2014, 07:31 AM
After delivering an ardent statement on the execution of James Foley by ISIS militants, President Obama’s motorcade returned to the golf course on Martha’s Vineyard.

I agree that from a PR perspective it's not the smartest move. But, just out of curiosity, what did you do after Obama delivered his statement?

Johnykbr
08-22-2014, 07:45 AM

That time also includes when he worked from his ranch which many politicians and media officials have said he was actually doing. Similar to what Nixon did with his Oval Office West. The fact is that no one will be able to pick out the exact amount of vacation time Bush took because not all the time in Texas can be counted as work but the majority of it certainly isn't vacation.

Johnykbr
08-22-2014, 07:46 AM
I agree that from a PR perspective it's not the smartest move. But, just out of curiosity, what did you do after Obama delivered his statement?

I imagine something that wasn't the responsibility of the President of the United States of America?

TonyR
08-22-2014, 08:04 AM
I imagine something that wasn't the responsibility of the President of the United States of America?

It only looks bad that he went and played golf. But if he went home and played Xbox you wouldn't have even known it and wouldn't have anything to complain about. What could/should Obama have done publicly that would have made you happy? Hold a prayer vigil on the south lawn?

Rohirrim
08-22-2014, 08:51 AM
It only looks bad that he went and played golf. But if he went home and played Xbox you wouldn't have even known it and wouldn't have anything to complain about. What could/should Obama have done publicly that would have made you happy? Hold a prayer vigil on the south lawn?

And then go golfing? :rofl:

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2014, 08:57 AM

Well it mostly looks bad because of how liberals hounded Bush about the same thing. So much so that he literally gave up golfing for the rest of his presidency, worrying about the message it sent, which Democrats loved to pimp.

But now that their guy is doing it (much more frequently, mind you), it's all about nuance and "Well, he could be doing other things that aren't any better"

ghwk
08-22-2014, 09:09 AM
You guys have NO idea how hard it is to get a tee time at MV. Can't just walk away from that ****.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 09:11 AM
That time also includes when he worked from his ranch which many politicians and media officials have said he was actually doing.

L0L.

Let me guess - the "politicians" were Dick Cheney and Condi Rice, and the "media official" was Sean Hannity? :D

In any event, 367 vacation days is excessive no matter how you and your fellow Bush apologists spin it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Well it mostly looks bad because of how liberals hounded Bush about the same thing. So much so that he literally gave up golfing for the rest of his presidency, worrying about the message it sent, which Democrats loved to pimp.

But now that their guy is doing it (much more frequently, mind you), it's all about nuance and "Well, he could be doing other things that aren't any better"

Straw man much?

No one is suggesting Obama is above criticism or accountability for this sort of thing - just that the idea of Bush cheerleaders like you doing the criticizing is hysterically ironic, hypocritical, etc.

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Straw man much?

No one is suggesting Obama is above criticism or accountability for this sort of thing - just that the idea of Bush cheerleaders like you doing the criticizing is hysterically ironic, hypocritical, etc.

Go ahead and find my criticism of him about Golfing. Let me know what it was. My real criticism is for you.

For if Obama wore an (R) Labron's Looney-Toons cartoon slideshow would be flowing fast and furious. LOL

Johnykbr
08-22-2014, 09:26 AM
L0L.

Let me guess - the "politicians" were Dick Cheney and Condi Rice, and the "media official" was Sean Hannity? :D

In any event, 367 vacation days is excessive no matter how you and your fellow Bush apologists spin it.

Not at all, all the major networks had reporters assigned to the ranch because he would meet with the press and make announcements there. They even had a "war room" there. Why do you think Code Pink staged outside the place?

Also, if you worked from home 3 days last week and have sufficient evidence to prove you were actually working, would anyone say that you were only vacation most of the week?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Go ahead and find my criticism of him about Golfing.

So, for you, keeping tabs on how often Obama hits the links is just a harmless pastime?

Or are such observations motivated solely by academic curiosity on your part?

I have some oceanfront property in Kansas that might interest you as well. :D

For if Obama wore an (R) Labron's Looney-Toons cartoon slideshow would be flowing fast and furious. LOL

If Obama "wore an (R)" (and sported a lighter complexion) then Cletus would be among the first to drop and kiss BO's ring.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Not at all, all the major networks had reporters assigned to the ranch because he would meet with the press and make announcements there. They even had a "war room" there. Why do you think Code Pink staged outside the place?

Also, if you worked from home 3 days last week and have sufficient evidence to prove you were actually working, would anyone say that you were only vacation most of the week?

Were those reporters stationed outside the Kennebunkport Cowboy's pretend ranch all 367 of those vacation days?

And, if GeeDubya knows the reporters are there, then isn't the "work" he's doing sort of just like a publicity move?

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2014, 09:43 AM
So, for you, keeping tabs on how often Obama hits the links is just a harmless pastime?

Not something I do at all. Note when I joined this thread. I didn't talk about Obama golfing. I talked about the left acting like they had no idea how all this golf-round tallying got started.

It got started because the left loved to use it against Bush. Before that, nobody really kept track or cared how much Presidents golfed. Nor should they now. I just find it fun when liberals lament people playing the very games they themselves invented not all that long ago.

If Obama "wore an (R)" (and sported a lighter complexion) then Cletus would be among the first to drop and kiss BO's ring.

I have no problems with Obama golfing now. So your criticism is completely misplaced. Even if the best criticism you can offer is "Give it up. You're just like me!"

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Not something I do at all. Note when I joined this thread. I didn't talk about Obama golfing. I talked about the left acting like they had no idea how all this golf-round tallying got started.

It got started because the left loved to use it against Bush. Before that, nobody really kept track or cared how much Presidents golfed. Nor should they now. I just find it fun when liberals lament people playing the very games they themselves invented not all that long ago.

I have no problems with Obama golfing now. So your criticism is completely misplaced. Even if the best criticism you can offer is "Give it up. You're just like me!"

As so often happens, you're completely mixed up when it comes to history.

It wasn't the frequency of Dumbya's golf game that drew attention and (well-deserved) condemnation - it was the timing, i.e., the fact that Smirk hit the links right on the heels of a memo about al Qaeda planning attacks inside the U.S. and warnings from every sector of the CT community that something sinister was afoot.

And if tracking Obama's golf game "isn't something you do," then how would you know Obama golfs "much more frequently" than Dumbya?

ludo21
08-22-2014, 10:10 AM

I know we like to think the best and be in denial about our global and world issues, but damn I was pissed when I saw the ladies in the break room watching the tv about the ISIS beheading and then turn and start jabbering and laughing.

Not sure why, but it just pissed me off and made me sad.

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2014, 10:15 AM
As so often happens, you're completely mixed up when it comes to history.

It wasn't the frequency of Dumbya's golf game that drew attention and (well-deserved) condemnation - it was the timing, i.e., the fact that Smirk hit the links right on the heels of a memo about al Qaeda planning attacks inside the U.S. and warnings from every sector of the CT community that something sinister was afoot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/22/us/politics/a-terrorist-horror-then-golf-incongruity-fuels-obama-critics.html?_r=0

Unusually emotional, President Obama declared himself “heartbroken” by the brutal murder of an American journalist, James Foley, and vowed to “be relentless” against Islamic radicals threatening to kill another American.

But as soon as the cameras went off, Mr. Obama headed to his favorite golf course on Martha’s Vineyard, where he is on vacation, seemingly able to put the savagery out of his mind. He spent the rest of the afternoon on the links even as a firestorm of criticism erupted over what many saw as a callous indifference to the slaughter he had just condemned.

Islamic nutbags.... check.
Direct threats to Americans and American interests... check.

Only the thirstiest of partisan spunkguzzlers struggles to find a fair comparison here.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 10:26 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/22/us/politics/a-terrorist-horror-then-golf-incongruity-fuels-obama-critics.html?_r=0

Islamic nutbags.... check.
Direct threats to Americans and American interests... check.

Only the thirstiest of partisan spunkguzzlers struggles to find a fair comparison here.

The difference?

Obama is actually doing something by way of response to said Islamic nutbags, who, BTW, are a Frankenstein monster created by your hero's insane, idiotic and illegal mid-east interventions. (Whether you agree that the response is adequate or correct or not is another discussion.)

The guy you spent eight years blowing, on the other hand, didn't do squat about the aforementioned "direct threats to American interests" until AFTER 9/11, i.e., after it was too late.

But I realize subtle distinctions like these have never been your forte.

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2014, 10:39 AM
The difference?

Obama is actually doing something by way of response to said Islamic nutbags, who, BTW, are a Frankenstein monster created by your hero's insane, idiotic and illegal mid-east interventions. (Whether you agree that the response is adequate or correct or not is another discussion.)

So hopeless. But so predicable.

Bush did nothing. But those 'doing nothing' interventions were 'illegal' even though he went to Congress, and got approval.

Obama did everything. Because his 'doing something' interventions were legal. Because he never went to Congress.

Your double standards never end.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 10:48 AM

Bush did nothing. But those 'doing nothing' interventions were 'illegal' even though he went to Congress, and got approval.

Obama did everything. Because his 'doing something' interventions were legal. Because he never went to Congress.

Oy vey!

Your reading comprehension is much worse than I thought.

I was talking about Dim Son's response (or lack thereof) to all those pre-9/11 warnings about al Qaeda's activities.

That's what cemented "watch this drive" in infamy.

BroncoBeavis
08-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Oy vey!

Your reading comprehension is much worse than I thought.

I was talking about Dim Son's response (or lack thereof) to all those pre-9/11 warnings about al Qaeda's activities.

That's what cemented "watch this drive" in infamy.

Might want to read up on "Watch this drive." It followed a response to a terrorist attack in Israel. You know, the kind that almost never happen. Are you saying Bush should've intervened in Israel? Seems kinda odd, considering what you've said about the latest round of Hamas' terrorism there.

Also "Watch this Drive" happened nearly a year AFTER 9/11.

Just because Michael Moore shopped it into the completely wrong context to arouse a bunch of partisan stooges doesn't make it any more coherent.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Might want to read up on "Watch this drive." It followed a response to a terrorist attack in Israel. You know, the kind that almost never happen. Are you saying Bush should've intervened in Israel? Seems kinda odd, considering what you've said about the latest round of Hamas' terrorism there.

Also "Watch this Drive" happened nearly a year AFTER 9/11.

Just because Michael Moore shopped it into the completely wrong context to arouse a bunch of partisan stooges doesn't make it any more coherent.

All of this irrelevant.

The point is that "watch this drive" became emblematic of the lazy frat boy who was repeatedly warned in advance re: the worst attack on U.S. soil in history and did nothing by way of response.

barryr
08-22-2014, 07:40 PM

He's the king of idiocy which says a lot considering the number of empty headed liberals around here.

Requiem
08-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Bigot.

Pathological liar.

Want to know how I know?

Your account and that account both talked about Wildflecken, Germany.

I am sure you know that quite well.

Being a pussy over a foot injury? Does that ring a bell you ****?

Guess Who
08-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Yep.

Vacation smack from a Bush cheerleader is like human rights smack from Pol Pot.

yep

Guess Who
08-22-2014, 10:17 PM
That time also includes when he worked from his ranch which many politicians and media officials have said he was actually doing. Similar to what Nixon did with his Oval Office West. The fact is that no one will be able to pick out the exact amount of vacation time Bush took because not all the time in Texas can be counted as work but the majority of it certainly isn't vacation.

ok, so he can go home and be at the ranch and that is different... than what??? Obama can go to Hawaii and do the same things Bush did at his ranch.....

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-23-2014, 12:06 AM
He's the king of idiocy which says a lot considering the number of empty headed liberals around here.

You do realize the post you quoted was one in which your buddy Beavis completely missed my point, don't you?

You're not just the king of idiocy - you're the king of irony to boot. Ha!

cutthemdown
08-23-2014, 01:53 AM
LABF in rare form lol. Blaming Bush for 9-11. He had a whole 8 months to get us safe. If anything it was Clinton who should have been on Al Queda. But he was too busy getting blown and sticking cigars up interns twats. He only got caught once but everyone knows he had many many affairs.

Pony Boy
08-23-2014, 07:35 AM
ok, so he can go home and be at the ranch and that is different... than what??? Obama can go to Hawaii and do the same things Bush did at his ranch.....

Please show me where Bush promised not to take vacations while in office and that his family would make sacrifices if elected? How can you stand by someone who clearly lied to get elected? Did you watch the clip of his interview?

TonyR
08-23-2014, 09:05 AM
How can you stand by someone who clearly lied to get elected?

LOL Clearly Pony Boy is new to this politics thing! Somebody lied to get elected?!? ZOMG!1!! ROFL!

TonyR
08-23-2014, 09:10 AM

Even hacktastic Charles Krauthammer is being forced to admit Obama's current policy in Iraq is working.
Baghdad called President Obama’s bluff and he came through. He had refused to provide air support to Iraqi government forces until the Iraqis got rid of their divisive sectarian prime minister.

They did. He responded.
In following through, Obama demonstrated three things: the effectiveness of even limited U.S. power, the vulnerability of the Islamic State and, crucially, his own seriousness, however tentative.

The last of these is the most important. Obama had said that there is no American military solution to the conflict. This may be true, but there is a local military solution. (There must be: There is no negotiating with Islamic State barbarism.) And that solution requires U.S. air support.
Obama was slow to bring American power to bear. And slower still to arm the Kurds. But he was right to wait until Baghdad had gotten rid of Nouri al-Maliki, lest the U.S. serve as a Shiite air force. We don’t know how successful Haider al-Abadi will be in forming a more national government. But Obama has for now wisely taken advantage of the Abadi opening.http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/charles-krauthammer-goal-of-us-airstrikes-is-stopping-the-worst-people-on-earth/2014/08/21/2417619a-2964-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

Pony Boy
08-23-2014, 03:02 PM
LOL Clearly Pony Boy is new to this politics thing! Somebody lied to get elected?!? ZOMG!1!! ROFL!

You're right it's all just good politics.............The fist bump seen ’round the world.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-23-2014, 10:01 PM
..........The fist bump seen ’round the world.

OMG!

What's next?

Corn rows and a neck tattoo?

Welcome to Pony Boy's nightmare. :D

nyuk nyuk
08-24-2014, 02:50 PM

Suffice it to say, you don't "ROFL" when a conservative lies to get elected.

Guess Who
08-24-2014, 10:52 PM
OMG!

What's next?

Corn rows and a neck tattoo?

Welcome to Pony Boy's nightmare. :D

:thumbsup: