PDA

View Full Version : Propsed bill to have police outfitted with cameras

Guess Who
08-16-2014, 04:39 AM
Is there anyone that could possibly be against this? They have tanks, riot gear, armored vehicles, assault rifles, tear gas, vests, helmets but no cameras?

Anonymous has hacked into the Ferguson Police department and got the 911 audio recording of incident. In the recording it is obvious that the officer had no clue Brown had taken any cigars from a convenience store and it was totally unrelated to the shooting. This first mention of the shooting starts at the 10 minute mark when a call for crowd control came in.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Y-HkNxxLvSA" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

On Anonymous' website they gave this statement.

Anonymous still has one demand left, for Missouri’s senators and Ferguson’s federal representative to introduce “Mike Brown’s Law,” to require all police to be outfitted with video recording equipment. In Rialto, California, the outfitting of cameras on individual officers saw a dramatic improvement for the police department, with public complaints against officers dropping by 88%, and officers use of force being cut by 60%. The reality is, when people know that they are going to be held accountable, they think before they act. Behavior then reinforces itself.

Camera's on cops uniforms not only would save people from police brutality but also be another witness for the police to back up their version.

Here is website: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/15/anonymous-dispatch/

Here is website to sign petition to force bill of cameras on uniforms: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/mike-brown-law-requires-all-state-county-and-local-police-wear-camera/8tlS5czf

The bad part about this whole camera thing is that with cameras cops would no longer be able to extort late nigh blow jobs from hookers, hitchhikers and women they pull over. That does suck but you take the good with the bad.

cutthemdown
08-16-2014, 04:23 PM
I think it's reasonable for any person that gets to have a gun as part of their job providing security or law enforcement, to have a camera on them recording every encounter with citizens. If you can afford all the other **** cameras can't be that expensive.

Guess Who
08-16-2014, 08:09 PM
I think it's reasonable for any person that gets to have a gun as part of their job providing security or law enforcement, to have a camera on them recording every encounter with citizens. If you can afford all the other **** cameras can't be that expensive.

Hey we agree on something. Again for the honest cops the camera will verify what they say is true.

cutthemdown
08-16-2014, 08:20 PM
It would be a ton of money but if they can afford assault weapons im sure they can make it happen.

It may have to first be a law for any dept over a certain size though.

Guess Who
08-16-2014, 09:22 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/08/16/nd-ferguson-cell-phone-video-mike-brown-body-on-ground.cnn.html

Someone got the aftermath on their cell phone.

Guess Who
08-16-2014, 09:24 PM
It would be a ton of money but if they can afford assault weapons im sure they can make it happen.

It may have to first be a law for any dept over a certain size though.

public complaints against officers dropping by 88%, and officers use of force being cut by 60%. The reality is, when people know that they are going to be held accountable, they think before they act

If these kind of statistics happen then the cameras would pay for themselves in no time.

cutthemdown
08-16-2014, 11:21 PM
public complaints against officers dropping by 88%, and officers use of force being cut by 60%. The reality is, when people know that they are going to be held accountable, they think before they act

If these kind of statistics happen then the cameras would pay for themselves in no time.

I think it's a good idea.

kappys
08-18-2014, 11:33 AM
The police force at my hospital started doing this after allegations of excessive force against some of the officers. Personally I have found the officers to be remarkable restrained given what they are faced with.

I talked to one of the officers the other day and he told me that overall they are big fans of the cameras. Apparently since they started using them there were 3 allegations against PO's that were summarily dismissed after the video recordings were released showing that they exercised proper restraint in dealing with agitated patients.

Guess Who
08-19-2014, 02:31 AM
The sucky part abut the cameras for the cops is that it would be harder for them to coerce blow jobs out of hitchhikers, runaways, and prostitutes anymore. Hey, I would never want to interfere with their love life.

Smiling Assassin27
08-19-2014, 09:28 AM
Anecdotally, I will say that in Albuquerque, lapel cams have not made things better, but possibly worse in terms of the number of incidents of police shootings which have risen. The reason, I can't say, but I'd agree that cameras ought to be part of the solution but not a stand alone proposal.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-19-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm all for it. Also restrict their armament to what law abiding citizens may own.

ludo21
08-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Yes raise my taxes please.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Anecdotally, I will say that in Albuquerque, lapel cams have not made things better, but possibly worse in terms of the number of incidents of police shootings which have risen. The reason, I can't say, but I'd agree that cameras ought to be part of the solution but not a stand alone proposal.

That one case where the homeless guy was shot with rifles, then shotgun beanbags, then canined was graphically documented on film. They used lethal force at a distance first. Then deployed non lethal implements after he was dead.

nyuk nyuk
08-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Anonymous has hacked into the Ferguson Police department and got the 911 audio recording of incident.

So they hacked when they could have simply downloaded it from Broadcastify.

ORLY?

nyuk nyuk
08-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Yes raise my taxes please.

That's what it would take but I think it would help weeding out corrupt cops and protecting the good ones from false accusations.

There was a small-level racial hysteria in Daytona Beach, Florida when a man was shot in a woman's bed. The "He was shot lying in bed!!" cry went out and people were in chimp mode, then the officer's lapel video came out and showed he wasn't wanted in the home, and had grabbed the woman as a hostage and fell back on the bed with her holding a weapon to her when the cop shot him as he was in the bed next to her.