PDA

View Full Version : Left-Wing Activist Judge Admits his Racial Bias Convicted Innocent White Man

nyuk nyuk
08-07-2014, 10:28 AM
Yes - this is what happens when lefties take their ideological dogma to the bench or whatever seat of power they happen to hold. Instead of weighing individuals and looking at full evidence and context, they belch their worldview everywhere and assume the white is guilty. (http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/06/justice/new-york-murder-conviction-revisited/index.html?hpt=hp_t4)

"I couldn't get out of my mind the look on the lawyer's face when I said I found him guilty. And the defendant on the stand, like he was pleading to me, 'It just happened, it just happened,' and that was sort of haunting me," Barbaro said earlier this year in an exclusive interview with CNN.

The defendant was Donald Kagan, now 39, who was charged with the murder of Wavell Wint, 23, after shooting him during a confrontation at a Brooklyn movie theater in 1998.

Kagan, who is white, testified during a two-day trial before Barbaro that during the confrontation he had been afraid of Wint, who was black.

In his opinion, Barbaro wrote, "The circumstantial evidence convinces the court that when [Kagan], in response to [Wint's] verbal taunts, pulled out his gun for the second and last time, he fully intended to kill [Wint].''

He said later that he did not give much weight to the self-defense argument presented by Kagan's attorney. He was convinced at the time that Kagan was racist and wanted to kill a black person, he said.

Barbaro always had his pulse on the cause of civil rights. He stuck up for the underdog in his personal life and professionally, as a lawyer and former state legislator, before becoming a judge. Was he so influenced by his civil rights passions that he had assumed the only reason Kagan shot Wint was because Wint was black? Had he given Kagan a fair trial?

"I think I made a mistake," he told him. He asked the attorney to send him the transcript of the trial.

After reading his own trial record, Barbaro came to the conclusion that in his quest for equality between the races, he completely ignored the trial evidence that had to do with Kagan's claim of self-defense. He realized he really hadn't considered whether Kagan felt an imminent fear for his life during the confrontation.

peacepipe
08-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Gotta give this guy credit,you would never hear Scalia,Thomas,Ito, and Roberts admit their bias/judicial activism.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Gotta give this guy credit,you would never hear Scalia,Thomas,Ito, and Roberts admit their bias/judicial activism.

No kidding.

You have to laugh at the wingnut who composed the propaganda piece in the OP whining about judicial activism in light of Citizens United, etc.

These people and their phony outrage are a joke.

Rohirrim
08-07-2014, 03:25 PM

Bingo!

barryr
08-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Nor the liberals in the SC either.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Don't forget the doctored Zimmerman/Martin tapes.

barryr
08-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Nor forget how the media tried with all their might to make Zimmerman become a racist, white guy despite being a Latino.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-09-2014, 09:58 AM
Nor forget how the media tried with all their might to make Zimmerman become a racist, white guy despite being a Latino.

They coined the phrase "White/Latino". So, hey, anything is possible. LOL

barryr
08-09-2014, 10:04 AM
They coined the phrase "White/Latino". So, hey, anything is possible. LOL

They do love their labels.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-09-2014, 10:18 AM
They do love their labels.

What happens when you get your info from here: http://youngcons.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Fullscreen-capture-882014-65911-PM.bmp.jpg

LOL

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2014, 10:50 AM
What happens when you get your info from here:

LOL

Anyone in the U.S. who gets his info from any mainstream/corporate media source is a moron. :welcome:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Let me guess it dailykoz or moveoff or media meters. LOL

TonyR
08-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Telling white people the criminal justice system is racist makes them like it more
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/7/5978551/study-racism-criminal-justice-stop-and-frisk-reform-support

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Let me guess it dailykoz or moveoff or media meters. LOL

All of the above infinitely more credible than your go-to source, viz., Faux News.

nyuk nyuk
08-12-2014, 11:44 AM
No kidding.

You have to laugh at the wingnut who composed the propaganda piece in the OP whining about judicial activism in light of Citizens United, etc.

These people and their phony outrage are a joke.

What phony outrage? You are one of the loudest mouths here claiming to hate racism, yet as usual people of your ideological kind cannot muster a single word of outrage when the victim was white, and this thread is just an example.

Thank you again for providing an illustration of the warped morality of the Left.

nyuk nyuk
08-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Telling white people the criminal justice system is racist makes them like it more
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/7/5978551/study-racism-criminal-justice-stop-and-frisk-reform-support

So instead of admitting that a white was wronged by ideologically-driven left-wing racism, you make an off topic swipe at white people, accusing them of racism.

Yet again the political left can never deal with a white person being wronged over a matter of their race without trying to offset it by dragging in a social resentment narrative.

Why don't you that with blacks? Something like, "A black guy was assumed guilty because of someone's racial bias? But blacks commit so much crime historically..."

That is the equivalent of what you're trying to do.

nyuk nyuk
08-12-2014, 11:46 AM

And the lightened photo of Zimmerman's mugshot to make him appear a skinhead.

nyuk nyuk
08-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Take note there is nothing in this thread about how the political Left are so fanatical about their hostility toward white people they condemned an innocent white man on account of his skin color and the skin color of the one he was accused of murdering.

Not a peep.

No calls for self-reflection, no calls for moderation.

Just more collective racial hostility swipes at white people, as if somehow invoking a slavery narrative offsets, explains or justifies putting a white man in jail on account of nothing more than his skin color.

Guilt by skin color association.

What more does the Left need?

Indeed, nothing. Nothing at all.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-13-2014, 04:09 AM
What phony outrage? You are one of the loudest mouths here claiming to hate racism, yet as usual people of your ideological kind cannot muster a single word of outrage when the victim was white, and this thread is just an example.

Thank you again for providing an illustration of the warped morality of the Left.

You're apparently too thick to realize that just the opposite of of what you're saying here is true.

That is, you start a thread to express your "outrage" about an instance of "racial bias" the victim of which was Caucasian. However, whenever there is an instance (far more frequent and pervasive in our society) of racism the victim of which is non-white, you are all too happy to either ignore it or defend the offender/blame the victim.

You're not even aware of your own glaring hypocrisy, are you?

Garcia Bronco
08-13-2014, 11:42 AM
If you want to be scientific about it, every person judged by anyone is done with some level of personal bias. It's a result of the human condition. This is why you are able to appeal a conviction in a number of cases.

Rohirrim
08-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Take note there is nothing in this thread about how the political Left are so fanatical about their hostility toward white people they condemned an innocent white man on account of his skin color and the skin color of the one he was accused of murdering.

Not a peep.

No calls for self-reflection, no calls for moderation.

Just more collective racial hostility swipes at white people, as if somehow invoking a slavery narrative offsets, explains or justifies putting a white man in jail on account of nothing more than his skin color.

Guilt by skin color association.

What more does the Left need?

Indeed, nothing. Nothing at all.

Translation: "I like to make **** up and get all hysterical about it!" :spit:

Garcia Bronco
08-13-2014, 11:52 AM
You're apparently too thick to realize that just the opposite of of what you're saying here is true.

That is, you start a thread to express your "outrage" about an instance of "racial bias" the victim of which was Caucasian. However, whenever there is an instance (far more frequent and pervasive in our society) of racism the victim of which is non-white, you are all too happy to either ignore it or defend the offender/blame the victim.

You're not even aware of your own glaring hypocrisy, are you?

Do you actually know that Caucasian doesn't actually mean "white people"? It's how we use it from a census perspective. For example, the people of North Africa are Caucasian. Cascasian is actually an anthropological term. Not a term to describe someones skin color.

TonyR
08-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Uh-oh.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/11/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-death-of-an-unarmed-black-teenager-in-missouri/

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-14-2014, 01:59 AM
Uh-oh.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/11/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-death-of-an-unarmed-black-teenager-in-missouri/

Anticipated response from Nyuk/DramaLllama:

a) No comment

or:

b) vigorous defense of the police.

TonyR
08-14-2014, 12:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>A confrontation Monday in Missouri over a black teen's death <a href="http://t.co/zfmCzolSJP">http://t.co/zfmCzolSJP</a> (Photo: Whitney Curtis for NYT) <a href="http://t.co/EnKiRFJxMd">pic.twitter.com/EnKiRFJxMd</a></p>&mdash; The New York Times (@nytimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes/statuses/499280685824487424">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Johnykbr
08-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Uh-oh.....

"The circumstances surrounding the shooting appear to be somewhat unclear"

That's a long article with a **** ton of speculation. I'll reserve my judgement of the unnamed police officer until we get more information.

bowtown
08-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Poor white people. My heart bleeds for us.

Bronco Yoda
08-15-2014, 09:50 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en data-scribe-reduced-action-queue="><p>A confrontation Monday in Missouri over a black teen's death <a href="http://t.co/zfmCzolSJP">http://t.co/zfmCzolSJP</a> (Photo: Whitney Curtis for NYT) <a href="http://t.co/EnKiRFJxMd">pic.twitter.com/EnKiRFJxMd</a></p>&mdash; The New York Times (@nytimes) <a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes/statuses/499280685824487424">August 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why are these cops in camo?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-16-2014, 12:56 AM

Because a small wiener doesn't fix itself.

Rohirrim
08-16-2014, 06:29 AM

And why are they pointing three assault rifles at an obviously unarmed person?

TailgateNut
08-16-2014, 06:54 AM
It's called needledick bug****er syndrome......a disease which seems to be spreading throughout police forces across the US.

Broncos_OTM
08-16-2014, 11:37 PM
Because a small wiener doesn't fix itself.So angry.

cutthemdown
08-17-2014, 12:04 AM

If you don't aim you won't hit anything.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-17-2014, 02:58 AM
So angry.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Oh well - you can always buy yourself some camo fatigues and a surplus AR-15.

Ha!:welcome:

nyuk nyuk
08-19-2014, 03:16 PM
"The circumstances surrounding the shooting appear to be somewhat unclear"

That's a long article with a **** ton of speculation. I'll reserve my judgement of the unnamed police officer until we get more information.

You're obviously not a liberal. Too rational of a response here.

nyuk nyuk
08-19-2014, 03:17 PM

What makes you think there's not something behind him of concern and you should know the difference between pointing a gun at someone and holding it pointed tilted downward in the ready position.

But who needs such details when you have a hair up your ass about the cops?

nyuk nyuk
08-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Poor white people. My heart bleeds for us.

Thanks for commenting. This is a perfect example of the type of self-loathing among white liberals that I speak of.

You're actually mocking a man being wrongly jailed because of his race for 15 years because he is a white man.

Because he is white. That's it.

Nothing else.

What this does show is a common attitude on the political Left that when whites are mistreated in the same manner others have complained of being mistreated, it's not a big deal.

SO if it's not a big deal to be wrongly locked up on racial bias, then why are you all up in arms about it?

nyuk nyuk
08-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Uh-oh.....

Try another - relevant - thread rather than posting a non sequitur link here. Thanks.

bowtown
08-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks for commenting. This is a perfect example of the type of self-loathing among white liberals that I speak of.

You're actually mocking a man being wrongly jailed because of his race for 15 years because he is a white man.

Nothing else.

What this does show is a common attitude on the political Left that when whites are mistreated in the same manner others have complained of being mistreated, it's not a big deal.

SO if it's not a big deal to be wrongly locked up on racial bias, then why are you all up in arms about it?

I don't care equally about thugs going to jail, why do you care so much more when it's a white thug?

Rohirrim
08-19-2014, 06:07 PM

Nothing else.

Making **** up. Again.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-19-2014, 06:14 PM

More racist code speak from DramaLlama.

To DramaLlama and the rest of the right-wing goose steppers on this board, "self-loathing" = the actions of any white person who acknowledges any instance of racism in which whites are the offenders.

W*GS
08-19-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't care equally about thugs going to jail, why do you care so much more when it's a white thug?

Because nyuk thinks like this guy:

http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/images/profiles/characters/henry-gibson.jpg

Deserves the same reaction, too - mockery and disgust.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-19-2014, 06:56 PM
^

"An organization of decent, law-abiding white folks - just like you."

Rohirrim
08-19-2014, 07:00 PM
I like how he/she tries to make the argument that one white person thought a certain way, ergo ALL the white people think this way. Sounds like self-loathing to me. ;D

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-19-2014, 07:03 PM
^

Somebody has to defend the rights of the poor, marginalized, middle class white Christian male minority in America.

;)

nyuk nyuk
08-22-2014, 06:45 PM
More racist code speak from DramaLlama.

To DramaLlama and the rest of the right-wing goose steppers on this board, "self-loathing" = the actions of any white person who acknowledges any instance of racism in which whites are the offenders.

Because you're such a self-loather than you cannot express any outrage of the racist mistreatment of a person because he's white and a police officer without dragging in a historical oppression narrative.

You also proved my point.

You're such a fanatic about it, you even invoke Hitler imagery.

nyuk nyuk
08-22-2014, 06:45 PM
^

Somebody has to defend the rights of the poor, marginalized, middle class white Christian male minority in America.

;)

It's very simple.

Are you against racism or not?

If you are, why these sneering cracks because a white police officer is being subject to it?

nyuk nyuk
08-22-2014, 06:47 PM
I like how he/she tries to make the argument that one white person thought a certain way, ergo ALL the white people think this way. Sounds like self-loathing to me. ;D

The mentality is epidemic among white liberals as seen on this thread alone. They can't handle addressing a white person being a victim of racism without trying to blow it off or otherwise minimize it with sarcastic cracks about white oppression.