PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Orange mane 3 Fantasy league.

JCMElway
07-31-2014, 07:18 PM
OK, we need 4 new guys to come in. Who's up for a little fantasy football?

The specifics of the league are below. $25 to $50 dollar league, whatever we decide.

--PPR league

--24 roster moves allowed for the season

--Live draft on line.

PM me with any questions.

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: No
Negative Points: Yes
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Passing Yards 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -2
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 1
Reception Yards 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles Lost -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
Kickers League Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Point After Attempt Made 1
Defense/Special Teams League Value
Sack 1
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 4 2
Block Kick 4 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -4

JCMElway
07-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Ok, 8/12 of us have renewed. JCM, is that draft time you're looking to do, or is it just a placeholder until you decide on an official time? Sunday the 24th, 8 pm California/9 pm Colorado, right?

That is the draft time. Clear your calendars!!

JCMElway
07-31-2014, 07:29 PM
We need two more sucke....er....players to get into this $25 dollar league.

Broncobiv
07-31-2014, 07:37 PM
You scared me, JCM! I thought you switched it back to "no" fractional points! But I checked the league settings and it is still fractional, same as last year. :approve: :kiss:

JCMElway
07-31-2014, 07:48 PM
Fractional it is. No worries.

gunns
07-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Dom said he wanted in this league last year. Did he get in? And how do we pay? Let's do it early so all the money gets collected. I want it all there when I collect.

Broncobiv
07-31-2014, 08:54 PM
Dom said he wanted in this league last year. Did he get in? And how do we pay? Let's do it early so all the money gets collected. I want it all there when I collect.

You have to get through the defending champ first! :wiggle:

JCMElway
08-02-2014, 08:35 AM
You can paypal me at JCMElway@yahoo.com. I will also send out address via email

Arkie
08-02-2014, 09:20 AM
You can paypal me at JCMElway@yahoo.com. I will also send out address via email

I'll play if there are any spots left.

DomCasual
08-02-2014, 08:00 PM

Aw, man, gunns - thanks for having my back! You're the best! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

beanerbronco
08-03-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm down to play again this year!

JCMElway
08-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Beaner were you in OM3 last year?

JCMElway
08-04-2014, 07:10 AM
Dom and Apa said they are in, but they have yet to accept the invite. Where are they?

beanerbronco
08-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Beaner were you in OM3 last year?

Not with you guys, I was in one with Tsi, and Gunns.

If you guys need people, let me know because I am down to play.

Punisher
08-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Count me in how much

Punisher
08-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Count me in **** it make it a 100 dollar league

Requiem
08-05-2014, 03:27 PM
If you guys need another guy, hit me up.

theAPAOps5
08-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Dom and Apa said they are in, but they have yet to accept the invite. Where are they?

Hey hoser, you have my money already. What kind of dick pill scam you running with this post, hoser.

mellow mood
08-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Will get my money in via paypal very soon

Am very much looking forward to it as always.

JCMElway - thanks for hooking it up, it is very much appreciated

JCMElway
08-05-2014, 09:28 PM
League is all full. Apa, my vote is for you this round.

theAPAOps5
08-05-2014, 09:46 PM
League is all full. Apa, my vote is for you this round.

Well following your crazy diagram I am good then!

JCMElway
08-05-2014, 09:49 PM
lol

mellow mood
08-06-2014, 08:15 AM
$$$ have been sent via paypal

thanks again

gunns
08-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Money in and I'm Insane Ward

SpringStein
08-06-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm Springs Wildfire.

Broncobiv
08-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Just sent my money.
2 Mannings 1 Cup is back, baby!

eddie mac
08-09-2014, 08:56 PM
If someone pulls out hit me up. I've won the other OM league 3 years on the trot but it doesn't look like it's going ahead this year.

DomCasual
08-14-2014, 09:42 PM
So, how does this work? Is it like flag football, where we all get together and play? Do we get jerseys, and a trophy? Is there a pizza and ice cream party? Do we make assignments for orange slices? As soon as possible, could someone let me know when the practices are going to be?

mellow mood
08-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Is draft order set right before the actual draft?

JCMElway
08-17-2014, 09:29 PM
To MM, yes

To Dom - we pay 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. No ice cream.

Punisher
08-18-2014, 04:50 AM
**** all you assholes for not accepting me in your FFL I hope you all get bed bugs.

JCMElway
08-18-2014, 03:55 PM
**** all you a-holes for not accepting me in your FFL I hope you all get bed bugs.

LOL

mellow mood
08-24-2014, 04:36 PM
went to do a mock draft and am unable, anyone else having trouble?

Broncobiv
08-24-2014, 05:11 PM

Yahoo recently posted this notification:

Fantasy Sports site issues

We're aware of issues that are affecting the performance of the Fantasy Sports site.

Our engineers are working to fix them as quickly as possible.
Drafts

If your Fantasy draft was affected by these issues, we'll have a game plan for how we'll tackle them once the site is up and running.

Thanks for understanding while we get this working again.

theAPAOps5
08-24-2014, 05:16 PM

yeah they are having issues, they put up a note in my other league. I had a draft in the middle of the slow down and it didn't miss a beat.

spdirty
08-24-2014, 06:42 PM
9pm mountain time right?

theAPAOps5
08-24-2014, 07:56 PM
9pm mountain time right?

yep, in just under 4 minutes.

JCMElway
08-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Great draft everyone! Like your team? Who is your main competition?

SpringStein
08-25-2014, 05:54 AM
I had one malfunction - I had Shorts and Ertz in my queue with the intention of taking Ertz. I was kicked off line for a couple minutes and unfortunately had Shorts at the top of the list.

Eagle fans are going nuts over Ertz this year.

gunns
08-25-2014, 02:14 PM
I now hate 2 Manning and Peyton's Army and that damn Millers Farms. Everytime I had a pick, just waiting for my turn, they snapped it up, several times. Bitches.

gunns
08-25-2014, 02:20 PM
I had one malfunction - I had Shorts and Ertz in my queue with the intention of taking Ertz. I was kicked off line for a couple minutes and unfortunately had Shorts at the top of the list.

Eagle fans are going nuts over Ertz this year.

That 2 Manning guy snatched him up. I tell ya he's evil!

JCMElway
08-25-2014, 02:29 PM
I now hate 2 Manning and Peyton's Army and that damn Millers Farms. Everytime I had a pick, just waiting for my turn, they snapped it up, several times. b****es.

That was my job last year!!

theAPAOps5
08-25-2014, 03:31 PM
That 2 Manning guy snatched him up. I tell ya he's evil!

Was that you who was typing, "two more picks" in nervous anticipation? Only to get screwed.

spdirty
08-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Was that you who was typing, "two more picks" in nervous anticipation? Only to get screwed.

That was me. I really really wanted Kelvin Benjamin as a 4th receiver.

Really liked my draft, wasn't perfect, but I should do better than last year.

I get screwed up by the fact that we can't start 3 running backs but do start 4 wideouts. Have to change things up from my typical draft strategy.

theAPAOps5
08-25-2014, 04:21 PM
That was me. I really really wanted Kelvin Benjamin as a 4th receiver.

Really liked my draft, wasn't perfect, but I should do better than last year.

I get screwed up by the fact that we can't start 3 running backs but do start 4 wideouts. Have to change things up from my typical draft strategy.

That threw me off too. Because my draft a few hours earlier is the opposite.

I am meh about my draft. I hate drafting spot 12 because you have to wait to get your first picks and then have huge gaps with 2 picks in a row. So you have to plan for runs that May or may not come. It's nice early but come the mid rounds and you really have to consider the cupboards being bare in some areas.

gunns
08-25-2014, 05:59 PM

No, I did type You SOB at one point to Miller Farms. After that I just threw things, cussed, hit things, then made bad picks. They really screwed me up.

And I'm sticking to that story whenever I lose.

JCMElway
08-26-2014, 05:43 AM
No, I did type You SOB at one point to Miller Farms. After that I just threw things, cussed, hit things, then made bad picks. They really screwed me up.

And I'm sticking to that story whenever I lose.

LOL

Broncobiv
08-26-2014, 08:10 AM
Gunns, I am 2 Mannings 1 Cup...and I'll only a little evil! I only had 1 screw up. I was set to draft Moreno right before he went and everyone started applauding the pick. But somehow I got auto drafted Arizona's defense instead! I don't think my timer ran out...not sure what happened. But now have no RB depth. :( I think that happened to someone else too? Auto draft when there was time still on the clock?

gunns
08-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Gunns, I am 2 Mannings 1 Cup...and I'll only a little evil! I only had 1 screw up. I was set to draft Moreno right before he went and everyone started applauding the pick. But somehow I got auto drafted Arizona's defense instead! I don't think my timer ran out...not sure what happened. But now have no RB depth. :( I think that happened to someone else too? Auto draft when there was time still on the clock?

Ok that's really weird because the same thing happened to me. Arizona was sitting there and I was going to pick them and all of a sudden it's past my pick and I have Cinncinatti. I'm sitting right there, nothing dings on my computer, it's just over. Really weird.

But that's not what pissed me off. It was Antonio Brown, Zach Ertz, and Charles Clay.

Broncobiv
08-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Ok that's really weird because the same thing happened to me. Arizona was sitting there and I was going to pick them and all of a sudden it's past my pick and I have Cinncinatti. I'm sitting right there, nothing dings on my computer, it's just over. Really weird.

But that's not what pissed me off. It was Antonio Brown, Zach Ertz, and Charles Clay.

I was happy to get Brown. There are 7 top WR's, and after that there's a drop off. Since I had the #4 pick and obviously went RB first, I was just hoping that one of the 7 fell to me. #6 went the pick before mine, so my only remaining choice was to take Brown!

As for my tight ends, I waited too long probably. I took a chance on Ertz as my #1, and I planned on taking Martellus Bennett in the next round. But he was taken before I had my next pick, so Clay was one of the next best available when it was time for my backup (you took Delanie Walker in between my Ertz and Clay picks).

gunns
08-27-2014, 05:01 AM
I was happy to get Brown. There are 7 top WR's, and after that there's a drop off. Since I had the #4 pick and obviously went RB first, I was just hoping that one of the 7 fell to me. #6 went the pick before mine, so my only remaining choice was to take Brown!

As for my tight ends, I waited too long probably. I took a chance on Ertz as my #1, and I planned on taking Martellus Bennett in the next round. But he was taken before I had my next pick, so Clay was one of the next best available when it was time for my backup (you took Delanie Walker in between my Ertz and Clay picks).

Martellus was one I wanted. I also liked Clay but got a little leery when he hurt his knee. So I thought I'll pick up another, no one will pick up Clay, and I can get him next on the bench till he heals. Dummy me.

Arkie
08-27-2014, 10:02 AM
The 5th pick is the worse. I wanted one of the top 4 running backs. After the 4th pick, I like the 8th pick. I took Peyton, but I could have drafted him or 3 others just as good in the 8th slot.

gunns
08-27-2014, 11:45 AM
The 5th pick is the worse. I wanted one of the top 4 running backs. After the 4th pick, I like the 8th pick. I took Peyton, but I could have drafted him or 3 others just as good in the 8th slot.

You are Miller Farms. Damn you. I was 6th, going for Peyton. That's when I said You SOB. I was so mad.

JCMElway
08-27-2014, 02:21 PM
If the draft messed up I wish you would have pinged me. I had 5 stoppages I could have used during the draft and could have fixed it.

DomCasual
08-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Sorry, guys - I totally blew this. I was thinking the draft was next weekend. Oh well, my team isn't terrible.

JCMElway
08-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Dom, if you're not pissed off by your auto draft team I am relieved.

Welker might actually be a steal for you if he is healthy.

DomCasual
08-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Dom, if you're not pissed off by your auto draft team I am relieved.

Welker might actually be a steal for you if he is healthy.

I probably wouldn't have picked those guys :). But heck, it's my fault for not paying attention. I'll make it work!

spdirty
08-28-2014, 06:30 AM
I probably wouldn't have picked those guys :). But heck, it's my fault for not paying attention. I'll make it work!

Yahoo thinks you had a good draft. Gave you a B+ and said you had the 2nd best. Except for the backup kicker part, I think you have a pretty good team.

theAPAOps5
08-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Yahoo thinks you had a good draft. Gave you a B+ and said you had the 2nd best. Except for the backup kicker part, I think you have a pretty good team.

Oof, it doesn't like my draft and truthfully neither did I. This league has smart football people and I failed to take that into account when I was doing my back to back picks. Oh well, that's what in season moves are for.

spdirty
08-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Oof, it doesn't like my draft and truthfully neither did I. This league has smart football people and I failed to take that into account when I was doing my back to back picks. Oh well, that's what in season moves are for.

Yeah I think your strategy was good but your rankings were all screwed up. Graham with 12 was good, but I'd have gone with ball and spiller over Murray and Morris. Especially in this ppr league.

Hope like hell that Rudolf is good so you can trade one of those tight ends and strengthen your team. Maybe trade Graham for quite a bit of help and roll with Rudolf.

theAPAOps5
08-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Yeah I think your strategy was good but your rankings were all screwed up. Graham with 12 was good, but I'd have gone with ball and spiller over Murray and Morris. Especially in this ppr league.

Hope like hell that Rudolf is good so you can trade one of those tight ends and strengthen your team. Maybe trade Graham for quite a bit of help and roll with Rudolf.

I see where you are coming from. But spiller gets hammered by losing touches in the red zone. I had him last year.

I agonized over Ball, but I think people are taking him too high. That being said, I way overvalued Morris. Murray I like because I think Romo is a liability.

Those were gambles that could burn me, the Morris one is really irking me because I think he benefited from Shanny and totally brain farted about that dynamic being no longer.

gunns
08-28-2014, 07:09 PM
I don't particularly like my team, as I've said it's everyone elses fault. But I see my grade is C+. I have to agree. But some of the "analysis" of my picks is laughable "because they ranked him lower". Like they are right all the time. And then I have a need at WR and they say to pick up Finley or Celek. Aren't they tight ends? One is not very good, the other is at the end of his rope.

Broncobiv
08-30-2014, 04:48 PM
I think the Yahoo post-draft grades and analysis is purely based on their ranking system. So if you always take the player at the top of the available players list, you will receive a great grade. The grades are kinda fun, but silly in reality.

theAPAOps5
08-30-2014, 05:29 PM
I think the Yahoo post-draft grades and analysis is purely based on their ranking system. So if you always take the player at the top of the available players list, you will receive a great grade. The grades are kinda fun, but silly in reality.

Yeah, and they had some players ranked in far different spots than other publications.

JCMElway
08-31-2014, 05:51 AM
Have you seen the rankings on ESPN's site? Really ludicrous stuff.

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Have you seen the rankings on ESPN's site? Really ludicrous stuff.

My league drafts tonight and its an ESPN league. I'd appreciate any recommendations as to who I should draft from anyone here on the board.

JCMElway
09-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Emmanuel Sanders, Montee Ball, J Graham, Jordan matthews

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Emmanuel Sanders, Montee Ball, J Graham, Jordan matthews

Jordon Matthews... interesting. Thanks!

JCMElway
09-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Wow....I get a win by .10! Holy ****!!!!!!

spdirty
09-10-2014, 09:13 AM
Wow....I get a win by .10! Holy ****!!!!!!

****ing golden tate. I say we get rid of fractional points so I can have half a loaf.

JCMElway
09-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Broncobiv will fight you to the death for those fractional points.

Broncobiv
09-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Broncobiv will fight you to the death for those fractional points.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/5qhV_KSLv_je8fvw7DCNvLjP-CWWmjliuxiVkr9iTswFMb3KyGOiOTVjRIUxKR9NpD02b5YOLOy ADRFp_m27UUtYfXN0mVd-6odgxscUE3nSuytFYKhftBUP

Arkie
09-11-2014, 07:14 PM
****ing golden tate. I say we get rid of fractional points so I can have half a loaf.

Ties suck. This ain't soccer.

Smiling Assassin27
09-12-2014, 03:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>---&gt;RT <a href="https://twitter.com/caplannfl">@caplannfl</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash">#Vikings</a> have deactivated Adrian Peterson for this Sunday’s game against the Patriots.</p>&mdash; Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/510560029779693568">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>