PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Graham for two late #1's anyone?

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 04:46 AM
If you want to argue compensation fine, but to argue that we already have a TE I think is silly. Just look at how dominant the 2011 Patriots were... Between Gronk and Hernandez the two put up 169 Rec., 1950 yds and 24 TDS that year, not mention the Pats went to the Super Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmygraham/497236/careerstats

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24461971/report-saints-could-lose-jimmy-graham-with-non-exclusive-tag

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k2JyBOV_HDU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

This is how a Receiver is suppose to go up and get the ball at its highest point. And could you imagine Graham knocking around Sherman and the bigger corners while Wes cuts across the middle. And who are we really going to get at #31 and #32 the next couple drafts. Could anyone really make an argument that those two players would out produce a 27 yr old Jimmy Graham?? Not to mention, he would give this team a new identity( after SB meltdown) and Peyton a new drive/ focus with all the new packages being implemented.

cutthemdown
03-04-2014, 04:55 AM
Actually Seattle shut graham down. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be scary in Denver but it's just not feasiblE IMO.

But for any team without a good TE, that also doesn't have a true number 1 WR, I think he is worth 2 first round picks and 10 mil a yr.

bowtown
03-04-2014, 04:57 AM
Letz trade 4 all da gais!!11!!!11

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 05:00 AM

Go back to the Uniform rumor thread you dick. You have nothing orignal to say,,ever

bowtown
03-04-2014, 05:02 AM
Go back to the Uniform rumor thread you dick. You have nothing orignal to say,,ever

Right back at ya, sunshine.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 05:05 AM
Actually Seattle shut graham down. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be scary in Denver but it's just not feasiblE IMO.

But for any team without a good TE, that also doesn't have a true number 1 WR, I think he is worth 2 first round picks and 10 mil a yr.

The big difference with us and say the Lions is that we'll be losing two LATE 1st rounders as opposed to losing two mid to early ones. I dont think you can trade 2 top 20 picks.

Just imagine all the 1 on 1's DT would get down the sideline with Graham commanding 2-3 defenders over the middle.

2KBack
03-04-2014, 05:11 AM
It's true our offense really can't compare to the 2011 Patriots championship team...we should invest heavily in another passing target.

cutthemdown
03-04-2014, 05:12 AM
You can give two firsts at any point if you have a lot of young players on your team which gives you cap flexibility, and the player is a bonafide top end stud of the NFL.

This means the best at his position in the NFL and comparable to the best players to ever play that spot.

I think right now at TE, only Graham would be in that category. But like I said a team like detroit, with Megatron, IMO doesn't need to do it. For the lions they would be better off to just like for good nfl players to fill the number 2, the number 3, the TE spot etc.

cutthemdown
03-04-2014, 05:14 AM
Broncos biggest problem is being nasty on defense, and a little soft inside on the oline.

They need an inside linebacker, a DE that can rush the passer, Miller healthy, and a couple dbacks.

They just can't focus on things like TE lol. It's just so silly it's hard to take it seriously.

Not to mention we need young players to keep cap under control. Losing low first rounders not a good idea for Denver unless the guy was the best DE in football.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 05:22 AM
It's true our offense really can't compare to the 2011 Patriots championship team...we should invest heavily in another passing target.

We're losing Decker and Wes is literally 1 concussion away from being done.. now you go. Oh, also, DT and JT are 1 year away from Free Agency. The point was a 2 TE set can be devastating to Defenses, but you ****ing pricks just read what you want to read

gunns
03-04-2014, 05:29 AM
2 #1's for a TE? Uh no. It's time (it's been time for almost 14 years) for the Broncos to make the defense the spotlight of the team. Stop putting all the money and talent into the offense. It's truly been the downfall of the Broncos for those years. Broncos had the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL and we know what happened (well, despite an inept coach). Defense does win Championships. Ask the 18-0 Patriots.

HILife
03-04-2014, 05:29 AM
no

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 05:31 AM
They just can't focus on things like TE lol. It's just so silly it's hard to take it seriously.

How is it silly to think we should try to replace Decker's production? How is it silly to think we cant fill those holes youre talking about thru Free Agency like we did last year... DRC, Lennon, Phillips, Wes. Whats silly is people who dont realize that the NFL is changing.

Thats cool. I guess youre ok with some 4th rounder out of Rutgers taking over Deck's old position. I guess you dont realize Graham lined up in the slot over 67% of the time

broncswin
03-04-2014, 05:33 AM
We're losing Decker and Wes is literally 1 concussion away from being done.. now you go. Oh, also, DT and JT are 1 year away from Free Agency. The point was a 2 TE set can be devastating to Defenses, but you ****ing pricks just read what you want to read

Easy man...they are just saying the problem with this team is the D...and in my opinion the run game on O. Mr Gaham will take away from these two areas. We will have too much money invested in the O and that would make our D even weaker.

When you make a thread about this, expect to get Ass raped a bit...all in good fun.:kiss:

Rohirrim
03-04-2014, 05:34 AM
http://www.cavemancircus.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2013/april/wtf_pictures/wtf_pictures_14.jpg

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 05:36 AM
2 #1's for a TE? Uh no. It's time (it's been time for almost 14 years) for the Broncos to make the defense the spotlight of the team. Stop putting all the money and talent into the offense. It's truly been the downfall of the Broncos for those years. Broncos had the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL and we know what happened (well, despite an inept coach). Defense does win Championships. Ask the 18-0 Patriots.

HAD the best offense is the key word there. Deck and Know are gone and I seriously doubt Wes makes it thru the year. No one else noticed the beating he was taking towards the end of last season?.. Id actually be fine with cutting him and saving 6M

eddie mac
03-04-2014, 05:42 AM
So you give him $10m a year (cos that's what he wants money wise) and give up 2 1st rd draft picks.

Pass

LRtagger
03-04-2014, 05:48 AM
http://www.cavemancircus.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2013/april/wtf_pictures/wtf_pictures_14.jpg

You're so vein

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 05:52 AM
So you give him $10m a year (cos that's what he wants money wise) and give up 2 1st rd draft picks.

Pass

The cap will be 143M in 2015.. we're about 50M away from that and draft picks(especially late draft picks cost next to nothing). So tell me where we should invest the rest of that money?? Champ??

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/03/nfl-n-word-ban-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

gunns
03-04-2014, 06:00 AM
HAD the best offense is the key word there. Deck and Know are gone and I seriously doubt Wes makes it thru the year. No one else noticed the beating he was taking towards the end of last season?.. Id actually be fine with cutting him and saving 6M

No, nothing about the offense is the key word, defense is, and that HAD was during the SB and it didn't do us a damn bit of good. WR's are a dime a dozen, you can pick up a decent one on any corner and a WR DOES NOT have to be taken in the first round or paid a ton of free agent money to be good and a contributor. Yes we need a RB. And I'm sure they will. It's because of the Broncos worrying about exactly the things you have posted, that we sit here 15 years from winning a SB.

rugbythug
03-04-2014, 06:02 AM
I would be fine with this. We have a better chance of making the best offense ever better and getting a decent defense than we do of building a nasty defense.

cutthemdown
03-04-2014, 06:04 AM
How is it silly to think we should try to replace Decker's production? How is it silly to think we cant fill those holes youre talking about thru Free Agency like we did last year... DRC, Lennon, Phillips, Wes. Whats silly is people who dont realize that the NFL is changing.

Thats cool. I guess youre ok with some 4th rounder out of Rutgers taking over Deck's old position. I guess you dont realize Graham lined up in the slot over 67% of the time

He's a great player I just don't think we can afford 2 first round picks, along with all the money to him.

I'd rather trade up for Sammy Watkins then sign Graham.

cutthemdown
03-04-2014, 06:05 AM
We can get a great young WR in the draft this yr. DT is a stud and so is Julious Thomas. Sign a vet WR like Emmanual Sanders or Hakeen Nicks if he is healthy.

Use the draft picks to grab young wr, pass rushers, dbacks, interior oline.

cutthemdown
03-04-2014, 06:07 AM
We had a problem giving manning room to step up, time to feel comfy throwing the ball. If anything the Broncos should go after a player like Alex Mack in FA (did he get tagged?) or whoever the best guard is.

Our oline could still use more physical play.

crush17
03-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Someone needs to take ATL-Eric's thread starting privileges away.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 06:13 AM
No, nothing about the offense is the key word, defense is, and that HAD was during the SB and it didn't do us a damn bit of good. WR's are a dime a dozen, you can pick up a decent one on any corner and a WR DOES NOT have to be taken in the first round or paid a ton of free agent money to be good and a contributor. Yes we need a RB. And I'm sure they will. It's because of the Broncos worrying about exactly the things you have posted, that we sit here 15 years from winning a SB.

I saw a depleted Defense with a bunch of backups play their ass off last year, thats what I saw. I saw a patch work of players on defense play well enough to take us to the Super Bowl behind our High Powered offense that is losing two of its best playmakers and about see 2 more playmakers hit Free Agency.

Who are we really going to get at #31? A DE or WR or CB... They could turn out to be great players but probably not until 2017 when were back to scoring 20 a game with a mediocre QB. Would you not trade Sly and #31 for Jimmy Graham??

2KBack
03-04-2014, 06:18 AM

How about a 3rd rounder from Minnesota.

BroncosfanGuy
03-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Just look at how dominant the 2011 Patriots were...And could you imagine Graham knocking around Sherman

The Patriots set records for being one of the best offenses ever that year and lost the Super Bowl. Denver broke those records last year and lost the Super Bowl.

Sherman and Seattle knocked Graham around when they played this year.

As for the thread title, no thanks.

eddie mac
03-04-2014, 06:30 AM
The cap will be 143M in 2015.. we're about 50M away from that and draft picks(especially late draft picks cost next to nothing). So tell me where we should invest the rest of that money?? Champ??

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/03/03/nfl-n-word-ban-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

You continue to draft cheaper players and maintain them on your roster 18 picks in the last 3 drafts still here under Elway. You then invest in your own talent like DT, JT, Knighton, Harris etc etc.

You could then invest what you have left in players who may actually hit the market like Byrd, Ward, Michael Johnson, Bennett, Verner just to name a few without having to give up draft picks.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 06:30 AM
He's a great player I just don't think we can afford 2 first round picks, along with all the money to him.

I'd rather trade up for Sammy Watkins then sign Graham.

Again. Money really isnt an issue here IMO. We actually have zero bad contracts on the books right now and the 2015 cap is 144 Million. Elway has done pretty damn well considering we've been to the playoffs 3 straight years. If Pat is willing to fork over some bonuses then cap space really isnt a problem. Take a look...http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap-hit/2015/

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 06:37 AM
You continue to draft cheaper players and maintain them on your roster 18 picks in the last 3 drafts still here under Elway. You then invest in your own talent like DT, JT, Knighton, Harris etc etc.

You could then invest what you have left in players who may actually hit the market like Byrd, Ward, Michael Johnson, Bennett, Verner just to name a few without having to give up draft picks.

Yes do all that. This is about 2 late 1st rounders and 12M a season for Jimmy Graham. Peyton has 3 years left, at the most. The money i dont see as a problem. Do you not trade Wolfe and Sly for Jimmy Graham? They were basically two late 1st round picks. Not mention this draft is the deepest draft ever with so many underclassman coming out. Twice as many as 4 yrs ago.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Hmmmm well we do have trouble scoring points..

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 06:41 AM
The Patriots set records for being one of the best offenses ever that year and lost the Super Bowl. Denver broke those records last year and lost the Super Bowl.

Sherman and Seattle knocked Graham around when they played this year.

As for the thread title, no thanks.

Pats could have just as easily won that Super Bowl and you know it..

And dont try to pretend Jimmy Graham with three defenders on him wouldnt be a absolute BOON for this offense... please dont

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2014, 06:41 AM
Yes do all that. This is about 2 late 1st rounders and 12M a season for Jimmy Graham. Peyton has 3 years left, at the most. The money i dont see as a problem. Do you not trade Wolfe and Sly for Jimmy Graham? They were basically two late 1st round picks. Not mention this draft is the deepest draft ever with so many underclassman coming out. Twice as many as 4 yrs ago.

You don't think NOT picking in the draft until the 60s two years in a row might catch up to us at some point? Especially since it would likely coincide with Manning's retirement. You'd have to be literally PERFECT with the later picks if you want any chance of fielding a competitive team down the road.

LRtagger
03-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Seattle did a pretty good job building their defense through draft and FA in a short period of time. I dont see why we couldnt do that. We have some key pieces already in place and a pretty good DC.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 06:51 AM
You know what else I like about this deal...Come July the articles will start coming out and instead of rehashing the Super Bowl everyone will be talking about Peyton's new weapon. It could be very beneficial to the psyche of this team. For real

rmsanger
03-04-2014, 06:54 AM
no

/thread

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 07:05 AM
You don't think NOT picking in the draft until the 60s two years in a row might catch up to us at some point? Especially since it would likely coincide with Manning's retirement. You'd have to be literally PERFECT with the later picks if you want any chance of fielding a competitive team down the road.

Agreed. It could bite us, but probably not until after Peyton is gone. Im ok with that.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2014, 07:07 AM
We should trade for Tom Brady.....could you imagine Tom Brady and Peyton Manning together?? It would be like 2007 plus 2013 times a eleventy billion.

bronco militia
03-04-2014, 07:11 AM

LOL

Rabb
03-04-2014, 07:24 AM
lol, ATL-Eric

derping **** up since, ever

Powderaddict
03-04-2014, 07:27 AM
We have Von, DT, JT all coming up due for contracts. We have needs on the OL, and across the defense.

I think those resources would be better served elsewhere.

Mountain Bronco
03-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Orange Mane GM's Strike again. This isn't Madden and we have far bigger needs than WR/TE.

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2014, 07:34 AM
The only guys I'd consider giving up 2 #1s for right now:

JJ Watt
Luke Kuechly
Robert Quinn
Richard Sherman
Earl Thomas

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 07:37 AM
If they could bottle the heart that kid has and inject it into this past year's Super Bowl team

LOL

AT least i never wrote that!! Youre a ****ing douche

OBF1
03-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Someone needs to take ATL-Eric's thread starting privileges away.

You can do it all by yourself:

This message is hidden because ATL-Eric is on your ignore list.

Powderaddict
03-04-2014, 07:40 AM
They should spend that money on steroids.

Since, you know, obviously that's how the Seahawks did it.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Orange Mane GM's Strike again. This isn't Madden and we have far bigger needs than WR/TE.

Exactly, Because sports teams making trades is such a foreign concept. What was I thinking. It's not like the Broncos have ever made a trade for a Hall of Famer that worked out... I cant believe I did that

Your ****ing post is typical Mane.

And please, again, explain how WR is not a need if Decker and Caldwell are both Free Agents. And Welker is 1 concussion away from being done??? Go

Powderaddict
03-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Exactly, Because sports teams making trades is such a foreign concept. What was I thinking. It's not like the Broncos have ever made a trade for a Hall of Famer that worked out... I cant believe I did that

Your ****ing post is typical Mane.

And please, again, explain how WR is not a need if Decker and Caldwell are both Free Agents??? Go

No one said WR is not a need.

It's just not a spend-two-#1-draft-picks-and-$10million-a-year need.

The Broncos could re-sign Decker for that money and not blow the two #1 draft picks, and keep a guy that has produced and knows this offense.

It's not adding the player to the roster that's a terrible idea, it's adding him at that cost that's a terrible idea.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 07:49 AM
No one said WR is not a need.

It's just not a spend-two-#1-draft-picks-and-$10million-a-year need.

The Broncos could re-sign Decker for that money and not blow the two #1 draft picks, and keep a guy that has produced and knows this offense.

It's not adding the player to the roster that's a terrible idea, it's adding him at that cost that's a terrible idea.

Mountain Bronco said WR wasnt a need.

And let it be known Poweraddict would decline a trade of Wolfe and Sly Williams for Jimmy Graham basically.

iforgotmypassword
03-04-2014, 07:49 AM
I probably wouldn't do it.

On the other hand if I'm the patriots...... The Gronk and Jimmy show... I'd do it.

The difference is we would simply be experimenting with the two TE set, whereas Pats have had major success with it.

People need to stop commenting on the 2007 / 18-0 Patriots.... they didn't run two TE sets.... that was the Randy Moss crew, c'mon now.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 07:55 AM
How do we know we can sign both JT and DT next offseason? Theres a very very good chance atleast one will hit free agency. Not to mention Welker will be gone.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Where the **** you at RAbb?? You hack piece of ****.

crush17
03-04-2014, 07:59 AM
How do we know we can sign both JT and DT next offseason? Theres a very very good chance atleast one will hit free agency. Not to mention Welker will be gone.

Yeah, so the most IDEAL thing to do would be to handicap ourselves by not only

A) Giving Jimmy Graham a huge contract
B) Give up 2 first round picks so that we can be sure to miss out on building depth and talent

Give it a rest man.

It is a terrible idea, will never happen, and we are all now dummer for having listened to you talk about it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Powderaddict
03-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Mountain Bronco said WR wasnt a need.

And let it be known Poweraddict would decline a trade of Wolfe and Sly Williams for Jimmy Graham basically.

Yep, that's exactly what I said Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2014, 08:07 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xlA9bNk3b5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-04-2014, 08:09 AM
I love threads started by fake fans.

All you do is bash the team so why even get better? It would cut into your bashing.

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2014, 08:12 AM
This is how I envision ATL as he posts on the Mane

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/R_FoFbAyVQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Yeah, so the most IDEAL thing to do would be to handicap ourselves by not only A) Giving Jimmy Graham a huge contract and
B) Give up 2 first round picks so that we can be sure to miss out on building depth and talent

Give it a rest man.

It is a terrible idea, will never happen, and we are all now dummer for having listened to you talk about it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

There is more than enough cap space. And why dont we pull up our draft history and see how many late 1st round picks made huge impacts. Most of our draft picks who play were later round picks. The nfl is changing,, Free agency and trades will be the primary way teams start building rosters. Thats actually what we do now. If the cap didnt go up as much then you have to keep your picks, but when it goes up 10% a year then, no, you dont. Graham had 16 TD's last year.. besides Megatron he's the most dominant Receiving weapon in the league. To not consider giving up two very late picks and 10M for him is just thoughtless. I mostly just feel bad for myself right now for spending so much time trying to explain something to a room full of ****tards. Im sorry most of you dont have the capacity for lateral thinking. Im out.

crush17
03-04-2014, 08:25 AM
There is more than enough cap space. And why dont we pull up our draft history and see how many late 1st round picks made huge impacts. Most of our draft picks who play were later round picks. The nfl is changing,, Free agency and trades will be the primary way teams start building rosters. Thats actually what we do now. If the cap didnt go up as much then you have to keep your picks, but when it goes up 10% a year then, no, you dont. Graham had 16 TD's last year.. besides Megatron he's the most dominant Receiving weapon in the league. To not consider giving up two very late picks and 10M for him is just thoughtless. I mostly just feel bad for myself right now for spending so much time trying to explain something to a room full of ****tards. Im sorry most of you dont have the capacity for lateral thinking. Im out.

http://memedepot.com/uploads/2000/2339_bye.jpg

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2014, 08:31 AM
If you want to argue compensation fine, but to argue that we already have a TE I think is silly. Just look at how dominant the 2011 Patriots were... Between Gronk and Hernandez the two put up 169 Rec., 1950 yds and 24 TDS that year, not mention the Pats went to the Super Bowl.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24461971/report-saints-could-lose-jimmy-graham-with-non-exclusive-tag

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k2JyBOV_HDU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

This is how a Receiver is suppose to go up and get the ball at its highest point. And could you imagine Graham knocking around Sherman and the bigger corners while Wes cuts across the middle. And who are we really going to get at #31 and #32 the next couple drafts. Could anyone really make an argument that those two players would out produce a 27 yr old Jimmy Graham?? Not to mention, he would give this team a new identity( after SB meltdown) and Peyton a new drive/ focus with all the new packages being implemented.

No thanks, and it's not because I don't like Graham, I do. It's because the Broncos need to concentrate on the defense more than the offense. The Broncos can score points on just about anyone. Yes, the SB sucked but the Broncos turned the ball over way too much and well, just had a super lousy game offensively. I think the Broncos should really concentrate on building up the defense because as Seattle demonstrated, a good defense is better than a super great offense when it comes to winning it all.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-04-2014, 08:31 AM
http://memedepot.com/uploads/2000/2339_bye.jpg

He will be back in 3..........2.........1

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2014, 08:39 AM
ATL's threads are not too shabby.

Powderaddict
03-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Im sorry most of you dont have the capacity for lateral thinking. Im out.

You misspelled "terrible"

Pony Boy
03-04-2014, 09:14 AM
This is a perfect example of what happened to the Broncos in the Super Bowl

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/06jXoUzb7NQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZONA
03-04-2014, 10:57 AM
2 1st rounders for a TE? No F'n way. If he was an up and coming QB stud, yes. For a TE, hell no. Any GM who does that deal is a retard.

gunns
03-04-2014, 11:14 AM
I saw a depleted Defense with a bunch of backups play their ass off last year, thats what I saw. I saw a patch work of players on defense play well enough to take us to the Super Bowl behind our High Powered offense that is losing two of its best playmakers and about see 2 more playmakers hit Free Agency.

Who are we really going to get at #31? A DE or WR or CB... They could turn out to be great players but probably not until 2017 when were back to scoring 20 a game with a mediocre QB. Would you not trade Sly and #31 for Jimmy Graham??

I sure would but not for that amount of money because that's what will affect the rest of the team.

It'll take them till 2017 to be great? Then dammit we should have started years ago shouldn't we have, building a great defense. That defense that you watched this year was suspect from the beginning. Our offense not only scored major points, our D gave up major points to teams that had no business scoring points. I watched a team with an average offense bring their defense and tear up the top offense in history. And you can say what you want about the defense working their asses off, it didn't do them much good in the biggest game of the year. The other teams D made their offense look like the best offense. That's how it works. Well that and a new coach.

When I mentioned the 18-0 Patriots it had nothing to do with the two TE's, it had to do with the better defense beating up the best offense AGAIN. And those two TE's didn't do a damn thing for the Pats as far as winning a SB. Pass

DBroncos4life
03-04-2014, 11:25 AM
OP makes mane history by getting 100% of the board to agree on something, yet thinks everyone is dumb for not agreeing with him.

Rohirrim
03-04-2014, 11:43 AM
ATL's threads are not too shabby.

I don't know. I think there is a slight whiff of the shab. Perhaps a mere hint of the eau de shabbe with a somewhat musky afterglow.

orangenblue
03-04-2014, 11:47 AM

Did you see Manning throwing 2 ints in the SB? Yeah, that was because Orlando Franklin and Chris Clark were getting pancaked. TE is the last thing we need. We need a RT, Safety, CB, and MLB first.

orangenblue
03-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Oh and Another thing, stealing Bennett away from Seattle would be a higher priority than a TE. At least that way we can prevent him from sacking Manning in the SB next year.

orangenblue
03-04-2014, 11:56 AM

Graham caught one pass for 8 yards against Seattle in the playoffs last year.

broncosteven
03-04-2014, 12:01 PM

Maybe if we got 2 1st round picks for Oss and didn't have to pay DT next year I would be on the toke train with you.

Way too much to give up for a guy who plays at a position we don't really need to fill.

Pick Six
03-04-2014, 12:19 PM
If Manning had enough time, the offense would have been fine. However, the OL was constantly bullrushed. That has nothing to do with a lack of offensive weapons...

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2014, 12:42 PM
I say extend DT and JT now before another monster season by both shoots up their asking prices. I say no to Graham because that money would be better spent getting a guy or guys like Byrd, Ward, Verner, D'Qwell, Michael Johnson. If we are going to break the bank on a premier free agent, I want that free agent to play defense.

Houshyamama
03-04-2014, 12:55 PM
We have enough weapons.

If we're going to upgrade the offense, it needs to be on the line.

theAPAOps5
03-04-2014, 01:46 PM
With these ****ty ass threads you really should be posting on BroncosCounty or whatever the team kiddie site is called. They would love you like a big giant god of genius outside of the box Madden level ****.

broncosteven
03-04-2014, 01:48 PM
I say extend DT and JT now before another monster season by both shoots up their asking prices. I say no to Graham because that money would be better spent getting a guy or guys like Byrd, Ward, Verner, D'Qwell, Michael Johnson. If we are going to break the bank on a premier free agent, I want that free agent to play defense.

Not to mention hamstringing the team options in 2 - TWO drafts.

Look at how losing all those 1st day picks paid off for Oakland.

Pony Boy
03-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Josh Effing McDaniels approves of this thread

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 04:35 PM
I say extend DT and JT now before another monster season by both shoots up their asking prices.

Everyone acts like signing our own players is so easy to do. They act like DT and JT are dieing to give a home town discount. It isn't and they aren't. Players dont have to sign any contract they dont want and its very likely both of those guys will hit free agency next year. Just how Decker and Moreno did this year.

The point is I doubt most of you even know what the transition tag is... here you go...
If another club offers a contract to a transitioned player, his original club has seven days to decide whether to match that offer or not. If the original club agrees to match, the player is forced to sign with the original club at the terms agreed to in the offer by the other club. If the original club declines to match, the player signs with the other team, and the original team is offered no compensation, as they would be if the player had received the franchise tag.

The Saints are only 1.5 Million under the Cap. Graham is basically ours if we offer him a deal. I take it not many of you catch Saints games very often? The guy is elite. When is the last time an elite, top 3 WR was available??

Some of you have said that we have enough weapons. Do we really? Deckers gone. Know is gone. So is Caldwell. JT, DT and Welker are all on their final year.. Which means we'll probably be drafting a WR early this year or next. If we get Graham that eliminates the need to do that( Graham played slot 67% of his snaps). So we use that pick on another position. So if you think about it. We really only have to give up 1 pick for him plus 12M a year which we easily have.

Schefter thinks its a good idea for the Seahawks and Packers.
Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter

"If I'm the Seattle Seahawks or Green Bay Packers, I'm willing to sign TE Jimmy Graham to an offer sheet and to give up two 1's to get him."

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Not to mention hamstringing the team options in 2 - TWO drafts.

Look at how losing all those 1st day picks paid off for Oakland.

Sign Graham and we dont have to draft a WR, which we otherwise would do. That saves us a pick if you think about it.
You guys all want something for free. Besides Von and DT I dont see 2 players we drafted 1or 2 the last ten years that i wouldnt combine for Jimmy freakin Graham. Hes ****ing awesome.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-04-2014, 04:42 PM
I cannot see Elway letting Decker Welker Julius Thomas and Demaryius all leave this team.

He's not some stupid idiot like some make him out to be.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 04:45 PM
I cannot see Elway letting Decker Welker Julius Thomas and Demaryius all leave this team.

He's not some stupid idiot like some make him out to be.

Is it really all in Elway's hands? What if DT wants to move back to Atlanta? Or KC offers JT 14M a year? Teams have gobs of money right now they have to spend. We can get Graham for 5yrs at 12M annually.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Is it really all in Elway's hands? What if DT doesnt like the cold. Or KC offers JT 14M a year. Teams have gobs of money right now they have to spend. We can get Graham for 5yrs at 12M annually.

The saints would match that contract and just keep him. Graham isn't going anywhere in the end.

And when it comes time neither will DT or JT.

ATL-Eric
03-04-2014, 04:51 PM
The saints would match that contract and just keep him. Graham isn't going anywhere in the end.

And when it comes time neither will DT or JT.

Dont be so sure. They're only 1.5M under the cap right now.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap-hit/

As far as DT,, if Deck gets 8M then he's probably good for 10M. We can franchise tag one of Von, DT, JT and Knighton but not all of them

Lestat
03-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Graham is a beast. But he is not worth forking over 2 1sts when this team has so many needs on defense and at OG.

eddie mac
03-04-2014, 06:07 PM
You run with the offense you have and draft for the trenches, sign defensive FA's, pray that Von Miller wakes up and smells the coffee and not the **** he brought last year.

Miller could be the biggest and best addition this team makes in 2014 if the idiot wises up.

DENVERDUI55
03-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Yeah give up 2 1sts and a huge contract to get one player.

gunns
03-04-2014, 07:43 PM

I like. this. a. LOT

ZONA
03-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Why are we even talking about this? The highest scoring offense in the history of the game got spanked in the Superbowl. We don't need the best TE in the game. We need more smash mouth in our offense and better Safety and MLB play on our defense.

This team will win the Superbowl when we don't HAVE to rely on PM to score 4TD's a game.

Castinkas
03-04-2014, 08:00 PM
All of our extra money needs to go to the defense. DE and MLB and CB and S. Cheap vet WR and RB or go young and cheap late in the draft. We need to pressure the qb early and often. We need to pressure the qb even when the game is close. It seemed like we could only get pressure if we had a big lead which wasn't much last year. Teams would spread us out and pick us apart. Need consistent pressure rushing 4 or more creative blitzes.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 06:46 AM
The point is I doubt most of you even know what the transition tag is... here you go...
If another club offers a contract to a transitioned player, his original club has seven days to decide whether to match that offer or not. If the original club agrees to match, the player is forced to sign with the original club at the terms agreed to in the offer by the other club. If the original club declines to match, the player signs with the other team, and the original team is offered no compensation, as they would be if the player had received the franchise tag.

The Saints are only 1.5 Million under the Cap. Graham is basically ours if we offer him a deal.

Honestly, WTF are you talking about here? He was franchise tagged, not transition tagged.

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Alot of you are about to look real ****ing stupid when several teams try to acquire Graham

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1979717-nfl-teams-may-try-to-acquire-saints-te-jimmy-graham-but-hes-not-worth-the-cost

"The best way to state this: Word is beginning to leak around the league that one or more teams will make a run at Graham and are more than willing to give up two first-rounders to get him. What hasn't leaked yet are the names of the teams."

What people dont seem to realize is getting the 27 yr. old Graham for 12M now before the cap and thus salaries go up is a steal for teams. And teams in need of a WR (like us - Deck & Caldwell gone) are going to draft a WR high anyway so why not spend that pick on Graham?

Rohirrim
03-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Why are we even talking about this? The highest scoring offense in the history of the game got spanked in the Superbowl. We don't need the best TE in the game. We need more smash mouth in our offense and better Safety and MLB play on our defense.

This team will win the Superbowl when we don't HAVE to rely on PM to score 4TD's a game.

Bingo. Go after Byrd or Whitner if you're going to go after somebody. Not Graham. We don't need more O. We need more D.

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Bingo. Go after Byrd or Whitner if you're going to go after somebody. Not Graham. We don't need more O. We need more D.

You're living in the PAST mannnnnnnnn!

We had a great offense. Know and Deck are gone and JT and DT are next. If you really want to take something away from last year look at the the first 18 games of the season and realize 1. A dominant offense does win games 2. We were able to field a pretty damn good Defense thru cheap Free agent options. Everyone just got hurt. I agree we need a safety, ilb and DE, but we can sign mid tier guys, coach them up like we coached up Knighton, Phillips, Lennon, Trevathon, DRC and have plenty of cash to sign Graham.

Yeah the SB sucked and we ran into a hot team, but we still won the AFC and that is no small task.

Are seriously saying you would rather pay a safety 10M then pay a guy who caught 16 TDS 12M?

And I would say that it's more likely then not that we lose one of DT or JT to Free Agency.

bronco militia
03-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Honestly, WTF are you talking about here? He was franchise tagged, not transition tagged.

to the butt!

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 07:46 AM
to the butt!

its non exclusive.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1979717-nfl-teams-may-try-to-acquire-saints-te-jimmy-graham-but-hes-not-worth-the-cost

Pony Boy
03-05-2014, 07:49 AM
You're living in the PAST mannnnnnnnn!

We had a great offense. Know and Deck are gone and JT and DT are next.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 07:58 AM
its non exclusive.

No kidding. We wouldn't be having this conversation if it was exclusive because then nobody but the Saints could negotiate with him. Exclusive or non-exclusive, it's still a franchise tag. 2 firsts if Saints don't match.

Care to explain why you called us all idiots for supposedly not knowing what the "transition tag" meant, even though it doesn't even apply here.....or are you going to continue to ignore that you messed up and were wrong about yet another thing?

(I do find it hilarious that you just posted a link that goes against your entire argument though.)

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 07:59 AM
No kidding. We wouldn't be having this conversation if it was exclusive because then nobody but the Saints could negotiate with him. Exclusive or non-exclusive, it's still a franchise tag. 2 firsts if Saints don't match.

Care to explain why you called us all idiots for supposedly not knowing what the "transition tag" meant, even though it doesn't even apply here.....or are you going to continue to ignore that you messed up and were wrong about yet another thing?

check post #96

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 08:02 AM
check post #96

Ummmm, what?!?

Do you even understand what Bronco Militia is stating there? I'm guessing no.

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Ummmm, what?!?

Do you even understand what Bronco Militia is stating there? I'm guessing no.

Tell me please

crush17
03-05-2014, 08:17 AM
must.... refrain.... from.... posting....

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Tell me please

That this thread should be moved to the Horses Butt, where all useless/span/trolling threads go to die. Check it out. This thread would fit right in.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 08:22 AM
C'mon ATL. I'm still waiting for your answer about the transition tag.

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 08:29 AM
C'mon ATL. I'm still waiting for your answer about the transition tag.

Youre not making sense. The guy said butt because he thought exclusive franchise tag ..meaning we cant get him. I was explaining to him only, that he was wrong.

crush17
03-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Youre not making sense. The guy said butt because he thought exclusive franchise tag ..meaning we cant get him. I was explaining to him only, that he was wrong.

Wait wait... everything is starting to make sense now...

ATL-Eric is Chrissy Rules' brother!

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Wait wait... everything is starting to make sense now...

ATL-Eric is Chrissy Rules' brother!

And crush17 is Broncostein's Sister

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 08:42 AM

No, no he didn't. Please tell me you're intentionally trolling because, if not, I'll have to admit you're some kind of medical miracle. Too stupid to breathe yet able to post on a message board. I'm in awe.

Help.....seek it.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-05-2014, 08:44 AM

You cannot be this clueless.....

Rabb
03-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Please tell me you're intentionally trolling

in which case, it's working flawlessly

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 08:53 AM
in which case, it's working flawlessly

No Rabb. I wish I could just take your heart and bottle it up...

bronco militia
03-05-2014, 09:02 AM
maybe ATL-eric likes it in the butt

Drunken.Broncoholic2
03-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Hilarious!maybe ATL-eric likes it in the butt

I don't think he will have a problem understanding this butt post.

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 09:39 AM

you mean your mom..with her big black, stinky, veiny dildo

crush17
03-05-2014, 09:41 AM
ATL-Eric.... King of Comebacks

Powderaddict
03-05-2014, 09:41 AM
you mean your mom..with her big black, stinky, veiny dilrod

Quoted for posterior...I mean posterity

DBroncos4life
03-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Jimmy Graham - TE - Saints

A Packers official says the idea of his team going after Jimmy Graham is "dumb beyond dumb...won't happen."

The Saints used the non-exclusive franchise tag on Graham, which means other teams can negotiate with him. If he gets an offer, New Orleans will have the chance to match. Of course, that new team would have to both pay Graham andgive up two first-round picks. Despite Graham's MVP-caliber ability, teams will balk at that price tag. The Saints would almost certainly match any offer anyway.

bronco militia
03-05-2014, 09:47 AM
you mean your mom..with her big black, stinky, veiny dilrod

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kuCV4-CXwOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Jimmy Graham - TE - Saints

A Packers official says the idea of his team going after Jimmy Graham is "dumb beyond dumb...won't happen."

The Saints used the non-exclusive franchise tag on Graham, which means other teams can negotiate with him. If he gets an offer, New Orleans will have the chance to match. Of course, that new team would have to both pay Graham andgive up two first-round picks. Despite Graham's MVP-caliber ability, teams will balk at that price tag. The Saints would almost certainly match any offer anyway.

Here's the issue... The Saints are only 1.5M under the cap right now with Graham's current transition tag salary at 7M. Teams must be under the 133M League Salary Cap by March 11. If a team such as the Broncos were to offer Graham a contract in the 12M range, the Saints would be scrambling to come up with another 5M by next Tuesday. Do they do it? I doubt it since the team is already in trouble. So we basically would have exclusive negotiating rights with him in exchange for two picks. Plus we wouldnt have to draft a WR in the draft after Deck leave. Plus this team would have a new identity and there would be something else to talk about in Camp besides the Meadowlands Horror Show.

Teams must be under cap by March 11 ..http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1978747-breaking-down-steelers-salary-cap-situation-heading-into-free-agency

Saints/Graham Salary Cap situation...http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/3/5/5472350/saints-salary-cap-jimmy-graham-deal

BMORE
03-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I can't believe this thread is 5 pages and counting..

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Graham's current transition tag salary at 7M.

Just so I can call you a moron one last time before you're banned for the post above.....

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Just so I can call you a moron one last time before you're banned for the post above.....

Whatever. Franchise / transition. Whatever. Your boy started it... Oh, youre going to ban me? How about you do us all a favor and stick the business end of shotgun down your throat first.

bronco militia
03-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Whatever. Franchise / transition. Whatever. Your boy started it... Oh, youre going to ban me? How about you do us all a favor and stick the business end of shotgun down your throat first.

that will do LOL

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 10:14 AM
This guy's got more anger than Bronco LB 59.....

bronco militia
03-05-2014, 10:14 AM
This guy's got more anger than Bronco LB 59.....

this place is serious business! :~ohyah!:

ATL-Eric
03-05-2014, 10:16 AM
**** all of you

crush17
03-05-2014, 10:23 AM
he mad.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2014, 10:28 AM
I cleared 17 million dollars I cap room from the Saints by cutting three players (two that suck) and restructuring Brees.

Beantown Bronco
03-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Live footage of ATL-Eric

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YB62I6Zfz10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Powderaddict
03-05-2014, 10:35 AM
All the anger doesn't change the fact that it's a terrible idea.

Rohirrim
03-05-2014, 10:36 AM
This thread upsets me. I'm moving to Myrtle Beach.

LiberalsRClueless
03-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Live footage of ATL-Eric

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YB62I6Zfz10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, he looks angry.

DENVERDUI55
03-05-2014, 04:47 PM

I'd **** all of you!

You are on to something I think.