PDA

View Full Version : Expected Cuts and Associated Cap

Rascal
02-18-2014, 11:49 PM
Broncos are currently sitting at ~12.4 mil in cap room. Champ's cap hit is $10 mil and there is no way he gets close to that (at least I hope not). Other likely cut/restructure candidates are Chris Kuper (5.9 mil with ~3 mil in savings if cut), Jacob Tamme (3 mil in savings), and Joel Dressen (2.5 mil in savings). Assuming those moves happen, Broncos have about $30.3 mil in cap room. Not sure if that accounts for the cap leftover from 2013.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Broncos

Surely that's enough to sign some key FAs, no?

cutthemdown
02-19-2014, 01:23 AM
More then enough. Broncos will be able to keep a few players they like, then sign 2 new starters and maybe a couple depth players.

jmz313
02-19-2014, 06:31 AM
I don't think Cap will be an issue for the Broncos. I also think the "Cash Flow" style that has been employed since Elway got here will be relaxed a little this year to make that last push with Manning.

that said, hopefully we get the Key guys the team needs and no whammys.

UberBroncoMan
02-19-2014, 06:38 AM
We still need to re-sign DRC and Harris at CB. Add to the fact that DT, Thomas, Von, Franklin and Moore will be FA's soon and we're not as loaded as it seems.

Phillips will probably be out of our price range and we'll be praying that our two IR'ed pass rush rookies blossom.

CEH
02-19-2014, 07:41 AM
How about signing Troy Poloumulu if he is cut from the Steelers and then drafting a safety. I doubt Pryor is there at #31 but that would be a great haul to shore up the safety position

Wes Mantooth
02-19-2014, 07:52 AM
How about signing Troy Poloumulu if he is cut from the Steelers and then drafting a safety. I doubt Pryor is there at #31 but that would be a great haul to shore up the safety position

Troy is horrible, but we could get the near retirement referee calls.

eddie mac
02-19-2014, 10:09 AM
There's actually $4.1m saved if we cut Kuper

eddie mac
02-19-2014, 10:12 AM
We still need to re-sign DRC and Harris at CB. Add to the fact that DT, Thomas, Von, Franklin and Moore will be FA's soon and we're not as loaded as it seems.

Phillips will probably be out of our price range and we'll be praying that our two IR'ed pass rush rookies blossom.

As I've said before under the new CBA, Miller wont actually reach Free Agency until 2016, if the Broncos want to keep him. All 1st rd picks have a team option 5th year as per the new rules.

Smilin Assassin
02-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Troy is horrible, but we could get the near retirement referee calls.

Neither Troy nor Ed Reed are anywhere what they once were.

That said, even at their age, both would be improvements over our current depth chart. Would love to see is draft the future stud there. But, until someone becomes that guy....

cutthemdown
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM
There's actually $4.1m saved if we cut Kuper

Unless they plan on starting him and letting Beadles walk I don't see how he stays at that price. But he did play like a starter at one point before the injuries set in. They know better then us but I think he's going to be looking for a new team.

IMO we should let Beadles and Kuper leave the team. The draft has some really good guards and these young players are more and more ready to play. Or if not in draft im sure a journeyman will come available cheap.

cutthemdown
02-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Broncos need safeties with range and IMO old ones won't cut it. Bailey to safety is a horrid idea. He would get dominated.

NFLBRONCO
02-19-2014, 01:26 PM
Broncos need safeties with range and IMO old ones won't cut it. Bailey to safety is a horrid idea. He would get dominated.

Agree 100%

Houshyamama
02-19-2014, 01:37 PM
I hope we restructure and keep Kuper

Pick Six
02-19-2014, 02:53 PM

The Super Bowl demonstrated that we shouldn't get rid of any of our quality O-line guys. The Seahawks used and abused our front 7...

cutthemdown
02-19-2014, 11:19 PM

The draft has some deep talent at OG, WR, both spots we could use a young player.

Some real road graders with quick feet types. I think it's a good time to invest in a guard, invest in a young WR, maybe rounds 2-4 sometimes. Then use the top pick on a CB or DE.

cutthemdown
02-19-2014, 11:22 PM
We passed on some good guards last yr to take Kavon Webster.

Rohirrim
02-20-2014, 08:19 AM
I would love to see the Broncos go after Donte Whitner. Reports are that the Niners won't tag him. Cruel to say, but you could spend Champ's money there. He would transform this secondary the way Brian Dawkins did.

phibacka31
02-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Cap expected to be higher then originally thought. $130 million

Bigdawg26
02-20-2014, 09:00 AM
I would love to see the Broncos go after Donte Whitner. Reports are that the Niners won't tag him. Cruel to say, but you could spend Champ's money there. He would transform this secondary the way Brian Dawkins did.

This 100%! He would bring toughness to our defense and he has decent coverage skills as oppose to Nacho!

Orange Habit
02-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Broncos are currently sitting at ~12.4 mil in cap room. Champ's cap hit is $10 mil and there is no way he gets close to that (at least I hope not). Other likely cut/restructure candidates are Chris Kuper (5.9 mil with ~3 mil in savings if cut), Jacob Tamme (3 mil in savings), and Joel Dressen (2.5 mil in savings). Assuming those moves happen, Broncos have about $30.3 mil in cap room. Not sure if that accounts for the cap leftover from 2013.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Broncos

Surely that's enough to sign some key FAs, no?It does account for the carryover from 2013. I should know, I built the dang thing. :)

However, don't forget tenders for RFAs and ERFAs. Assuming that Harris gets a 2nd round tender, that will add an extra $5 million or so in liabilities.

cutthemdown
02-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Add in the cap going up 5% and the Broncos are flush with cash to spend IMO. They can easily add 3 FA starters if the cut Bailey.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Apparantly Keith Brooking is still on the team and the Broncos defense is old.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/broncos_will_start_preparations_for_youth_infusion _on_defense_in_2014_nfl_draft/15830788

It's amazing how these websites even survive.

gunns
02-20-2014, 12:39 PM

Only if that restructure is to minimum wage and a back up position. It's a business and Kupe hasn't contributed anything for a few years. Unfortunate that it was injuries but regardless it does not help the team and those injuries just seem to lingering.

Houshyamama
02-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Only if that restructure is to minimum wage and a back up position. It's a business and Kupe hasn't contributed anything for a few years. Unfortunate that it was injuries but regardless it does not help the team and those injuries just seem to lingering.

Yeah, I agree. I can just see him leaving for another team and killing it. I HATE when that happens.

broncosteven
02-20-2014, 02:15 PM

That is because Elway values CB's 2nd to pass rushing LB's.

broncosteven
02-20-2014, 02:17 PM
I believe very stongly that they will keep Tamme....Peyton will request it...and he does fill in nicely for Welker...

We need to keep Tamme especially if we lose Decker and or Caldwell.

I would love to see them move or trade Dreessen though, no reason we couldn't get a low draft pick for him and save some cap room.

Then get an H-back/FB hybrid in the draft to replace him. Doubt it happens but that is what I would do.

broncosteven
02-20-2014, 02:37 PM
ya all are gonna beat me down for this but I like Tamme better then Decker...he knows Peytons system better...in truth I wish they had of picked up Collie...he may have played like **** with Brady but hes good with Peyton....

Plus he doesn't trip over turf monsters.

kupesdad
02-20-2014, 04:01 PM
The draft has some deep talent at OG, WR, both spots we could use a young player.

Some real road graders with quick feet types. I think it's a good time to invest in a guard, invest in a young WR, maybe rounds 2-4 sometimes. Then use the top pick on a CB or DE.

Unfortunately my friends if he was able to play, he would have two weeks ago. Chris has had a wonderful time with the Broncos and so have we. It was surreal watching my son walking the sideline in what is the arguably the grandest spectacle in sports. In the 23 seasons that we have shared this game that both of us love, he has only 1 time acknowledged his mom or me from the game. It choked both of us up because we could see that he was trying hard to find us and when he did it gave me goosebumps. I know that he will probably make an announcement sometime in the near future so until then who knows what will happen. I can tell you one thing... I will never... sport Steelers gear again. I'm sure I will be checking in to bs with you guys so until then Good Luck to all of you and Go Broncos!!!

Requiem
02-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Unfortunately my friends if he was able to play, he would have two weeks ago. Chris has had a wonderful time with the Broncos and so have we. It was surreal watching my son walking the sideline in what is the arguably the grandest spectacle in sports. In the 23 seasons that we have shared this game that both of us love, he has only 1 time acknowledged his mom or me from the game. It choked both of us up because we could see that he was trying hard to find us and when he did it gave me goosebumps. I know that he will probably make an announcement sometime in the near future so until then who knows what will happen. I can tell you one thing... I will never... sport Steelers gear again. I'm sure I will be checking in to bs with you guys so until then Good Luck to all of you and Go Broncos!!!

You and your family should be extraordinarily proud at the accomplishments Chris has had through his whole life -- from the great north, to UND to the Denver Broncos. Thanks for everything! All the bests.

kupesdad
02-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks, we are proud of all of our boys and his mom and brothers as well as Cindy's family had a blast at the game AND the afterparty. It was a memorable day!

cutthemdown
02-20-2014, 04:17 PM
That is because Elway values CB's 2nd to pass rushing LB's.

I understand he knows way more then me. It's just sometimes I feel NFL gms pass on polished players at the non glamor positions to reach for CB and pass rushers etc etc.

I know though a starting CB worth more then a starting guard.

Also it does seem that good guard sort of there every yr.

I do think it's time to grab some interior help. Walton and Beadles FA, Koppen prob retire, Rameriz more a swing players/journeyman type. Maybe this yr? or maybe a FA?

cutthemdown
02-20-2014, 04:22 PM

Watching football I don't see how anyone survives through college and HS to play in pros. It's probably tough for the men who play to go from being sort of a gladiator to struggling with injuries. In the end though its the type of person you are the people who love you will judge you by, and that is all that matters in the big picture.

He didn't miss much not playing in that game and when he was healthy he was better then Beadles has ever played IMO. Besides how many people can say they played pro football? Not many.

ludo21
02-20-2014, 04:24 PM
OMane breaking news daily. Thanks kupesdad for loaning us your son! It was a blast watching him maul!

kupesdad
02-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Watching football I don't see how anyone survives through college and HS to play in pros. It's probably tough for the men who play to go from being sort of a gladiator to struggling with injuries. In the end though its the type of person you are the people who love you will judge you by, and that is all that matters in the big picture.

He didn't miss much not playing in that game and when he was healthy he was better then Beadles has ever played IMO. Besides how many people can say they played pro football? Not many.

You are right, I can't say I didn't feel cheated for him because of all the pain and bs he put himself through in order to help the team. I know I see him through my "dad goggles" but he is one of the toughest human being I have ever seen. It's probably a mixed blessing because, had he been able to "go" on that ankle, he might have ended up in the same boat as Mike Webster or Junior Seau.. I want my grandaughter to have the opportunity to walk the aisle with her pop when she gets married. It's been nice arguing with you these past 8 years. Take care, dk

IndelibleScribe
02-20-2014, 04:30 PM

We didn't really need OG last year on paper though. You had Beadles coming off a pro bowl year, you brought in Vazquez, Kuper was expected to be farther along and battle Beadles for the starting job. Plus you also had Man Ram.

I like a lot of the OG's in this draft and wouldn't mind taking Hurst or Henderson in the 4th or 5th and sliding them inside to OG.
There is a lot of talent at OG this year and we should be able to find a really good one to plug into the line.

Miss I.
02-20-2014, 04:34 PM
You are right, I can't say I didn't feel cheated for him because of all the pain and bs he put himself through in order to help the team. I know I see him through my "dad goggles" but he is one of the toughest human being I have ever seen. It's probably a mixed blessing because, had he been able to "go" on that ankle, he might have ended up in the same boat as Mike Webster or Junior Seau.. I want my grandaughter to have the opportunity to walk the aisle with her pop when she gets married. It's been nice arguing with you these past 8 years. Take care, dk

Give Chris all our best. We love having him on our team and it's been a pleasure watching him and having you around here. I do hope you stop by and visit sometime. You know Khan will insist on this. :twokisses

errand
02-20-2014, 07:21 PM

Why?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Sounds like Fox is trying to throw glitter on Hillman to make him look good for a trade...

crush17
02-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Man, that is tough to hear KD.

I had held out hope he would return and be a badass for us once again, but it sure seemed like it was over after he filled in a bit this season.

Please let Chris know how much we appreciated him and what he gave the Broncos organization while he was here. Best wishes to him, and your whole family!

Thanks for being awesome and posting here as much as you did! It was always a treat for me to hear from you.

Go Broncos!

ScottXray
02-21-2014, 09:48 AM

Thank you to Chris and to you for putting up with some here.

Unfortunately Chris is a "wounded warrior" , and sometimes they just can't get back in the fight. He gave his all when he was in there....all that can be asked of anyone.

God bless and best of luck to you and ALL your family as well as Chris's.

TonyR
02-21-2014, 12:11 PM
Here's PFF's take:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/21/projected-lineups-denver-broncos/

There are not fans of Wolfe!

pricejj
02-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Here's PFF's take:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/02/21/projected-lineups-denver-broncos/

There are not fans of Wolfe!

Placing both Wolfe and Jackson at 4-3 DE's is laughable. Neither player has had any production over their entire careers at DE, save for a few sacks that Wolfe managed at DE when he dropped to 260 lbs.

Requiem
02-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Why is it laughable? That is there position on the roster and that is what they were drafted for. Ends who can kick inside if need be.

TonyR
02-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Why is it laughable? That is there position on the roster and that is what they were drafted for. Ends who can kick inside if need be.

Agree. That and I don't think Wolfe is a full time DT.

pricejj
02-21-2014, 12:46 PM

Wolfe was drafted for and played 70% of snaps at DT in 2012. If you honestly think they drafted a 300 pound guy, who runs a 4.95 forty to play 4-3 DE, then Del Rio is an idiot.

Also, all of Jackson's pressures came at DT, not DE. If he played all his snaps at DE he would have even less production there than Wolfe managed to muster.

Both guys are 6-10 sack 3-techs, with Wolfe bring better against the run, because he's stronger and a wrestler.

pricejj
02-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Agree. That and I don't think Wolfe is a full time DT.

5-tech in a 5 man front. 3-tech in a 4 man front.

Just like Malik Jackson. Playing either guy at DE in a 4 man front is ineffective.

Requiem
02-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Wolfe was drafted for and played 70% of snaps at DT in 2012. If you honestly think they drafted a 300 pound guy, who runs a 4.95 forty to play 4-3 DE, then Del Rio is an idiot.

It was a mistake from the get go. . .

pricejj
02-21-2014, 01:04 PM
In 2013, Malik Jackson played the same role that Derek Wolfe did in 2012. Both had 40 tackles, and 6 sacks playing 70% of their snaps at DT.

This year Del Rio choose to shift Wolfe exclusively to DE to full in for the suspended Von Miller, which was an abject failure. Still, Wolfe managed 4 sacks after he cut 40 pounds of weight.

Both Wolfe and Jackson are superior interior pass-rushers. And neither can do anything from the outside (unless they cut 40 pounds).

Br0nc0Buster
02-21-2014, 01:06 PM

Because he is a DT that plays end in base downs
Not a DE who kicks inside
2/3rds of his snaps his rookie year were taken at tackle; he isn't an end

This past year was just weird all around
He needs to bulk up to his rookie weight

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Knighton and Vickerson on the inside holding it down. So where do you put them?

TonyR
02-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Because he is a DT that plays end in base downs
Not a DE who kicks inside

The Denver Broncos organization officially lists both Wolfe and Jackson as DE's. So, they are DE's who sometimes play inside according to the team.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster.html

Br0nc0Buster
02-21-2014, 01:13 PM
The Denver Broncos organization officially lists both Wolfe and Jackson as DE's. So, they are DE's who sometimes play inside according to the team.

His position on a roster sheet doesn't matter, his role is what matters

He is not an edge rusher in our scheme

Even Del Rio addressed this issue during the offseason, specifically saying that he is really a DT even though he is listed at DE
They just like his run stuffing ability on base downs

Br0nc0Buster
02-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Knighton and Vickerson on the inside holding it down. So where do you put them?

Rotate everyone to keep them fresh
Knighton, Vick, and Sly to stuff the run with Wolfe/Jackson at LE
And bring in Wolfe and Jackson at DT in our nickel packages

My guess is Sly will take Vick's spot and he will probably walk after this year

TonyR
02-21-2014, 01:17 PM
His position on a roster sheet doesn't matter, his role is what matters...

I understand, and mostly agree. But Del Rio's base D primarily employs the big boys inside (mostly Knighton, Vickerson, Williams, Unrein). Thus, in the base D, Wolfe and Jackson are either at DE or on the sideline.

pricejj
02-21-2014, 01:20 PM

That's because Wolfe started at 5-tech in Base Defense, where he played 30% of snaps in 2012. Jackson took over starting duties at 5-tech after Wolfe's seizure.

If you weren't aware, the Broncos traditionally play a 5 man front on 1st down.

Truly, you aren't as dense as you portray? Have you watched shh games over the last 2 years?

Bigdawg26
02-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Rotate everyone to keep them fresh
Knighton, Vick, and Sly to stuff the run with Wolfe/Jackson at LE
And bring in Wolfe and Jackson at DT in our nickel packages

My guess is Sly will take Vick's spot and he will probably walk after this year

This 100%.

TonyR
02-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Legwold has Beadles gone, Franklin moving to LG, Clark to RT.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/118525/broncos-will-have-plan-if-beadles-moves-on

BMORE
02-27-2014, 11:01 AM
That's because Wolfe started at 5-tech in Base Defense, where he played 30% of snaps in 2012. Jackson took over starting duties at 5-tech after Wolfe's seizure.

If you weren't aware, the Broncos traditionally play a 5 man front on 1st down.

Truly, you aren't as dense as you portray? Have you watched shh games over the last 2 years?

This coming from the guy who doesn't understand that our DTs read and react, which is gap control on running downs, also a technique known as two gapping.

You may watch a lot, but you have no idea what your watching.

BMORE
02-27-2014, 11:04 AM
That's because when Von plays at the LOS we have a 5 man front that looks like this RDE, RDT, NT, LDT, LDE. Wolfe plays DE, but much like Red Bryant in Seattle, in our scheme, Wolfe has DT responsibilities even though he plays as a DE.

I keep saying this, stop getting caught up in position DE or DT, shade technique or straight up, one gap or two gap.

BroncoMan4ever
02-27-2014, 11:37 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/118525/broncos-will-have-plan-if-beadles-moves-on

I can't see Franklin moving over to LG. i know it is a constant idea on this board, but I have a hard time seeing the team move one of the better RT in the league to a new position. Clark plays G and T, so most likely he is the guy getting the first opportunity at taking Beadles spot. Think about our running game. The LG pulls a lot. Clark is better suited to do that as he is quicker and lighter than Franklin.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2014, 11:43 AM
I like the idea of inhouse. They will draft OL but a line that consists of clady Clark Ramirez Vasquez Franklin with Franklin or Clark switching is fine with me.

TonyR
02-27-2014, 12:14 PM
I can't see Franklin moving over to LG. i know it is a constant idea on this board, but I have a hard time seeing the team move one of the better RT in the league to a new position.

Doc Bear generally agrees with you.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/what-should-the-broncos-do-with-zane-beadles

BMORE
02-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Tackles are so difficult to find in this league. I would prefer leave Franklin and RT and sign a LG in free agency, there are a few good options out there. If Franklin plays LG, then we will no doubt have a whole at RT.

Everybody forgets that while Chris Clark filled in well for Clady all season, he was exposed as being a back-up during the most important game of the season. You can never have enough quality depth. Leave Clark as our back-up swing tackle.

Broncos_OTM
02-27-2014, 01:36 PM
I doubt champ restructures and if he doesn't he's gonna take some heat from me.

I read somewhere last night the cap is going up 9% to 135m

crush17
02-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Tackles are so difficult to find in this league. I would prefer leave Franklin and RT and sign a LG in free agency, there are a few good options out there. If Franklin plays LG, then we will no doubt have a whole at RT.

Everybody forgets that while Chris Clark filled in well for Clady all season, he was exposed as being a back-up during the most important game of the season. You can never have enough quality depth. Leave Clark as our back-up swing tackle.

Completely agree with everything said here.
Don't mess around with moving Franklin to guard. It's plugging one hole and leaving another.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-27-2014, 01:43 PM

The entire team was exposed that game. Inside rush ridiculous.

BMORE
02-27-2014, 01:59 PM
The entire team was exposed that game. Inside rush ridiculous.

Clark, Franklin, and Beadles were abused. Hopefully we upgrade Beadles. But that doesn't mean because Franklin had one bad game on the outside, he gets moved inside.

pricejj
02-27-2014, 02:06 PM
our DTs read and react, which is gap control on running downs, also a technique known as two gapping.

Every Broncos coach, every Broncos player, and almost every poster on this site disagrees with you.

Frankly, it's amazing that you could come up with such an idiotic post after I merely claimed that Derek Wolfe was the starting 5-tech, and that Malik Jackson took over for him after the seizure.

You are not worth wasting time on anymore.

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2014, 02:23 PM

The Broncos also feel optimistic enough about Vinston Painter's development to have projected him as a potential starter at right tackle in the future.

Painter, who has spent plenty of post-practice time working with offensive line consultant Alex Gibbs, was a sixth-round pick in last April's draft. The Broncos had to promote him from their own practice squad to the 53-man roster in January when the San Francisco 49ers were set to sign him.

I like this. Painter excited me when he was drafted last year and I did not know the 49ers were sniffing around him.
However, I do not like the idea of moving Franklin. While he would be a beast at G, he is a damn good RT.

BroncosfanGuy
02-27-2014, 08:02 PM
In 2013, Malik Jackson played the same role that Derek Wolfe did in 2012. Both had 40 tackles, and 6 sacks playing 70% of their snaps at DT.

can you show your math on this one?

pricejj
02-27-2014, 09:17 PM
can you show your math on this one?

Del Rio stated that Wolfe "was a DT" and played "70% of his snaps at DT" in his press conference at the beginning of retaining camp this year. Wolfe was shifted to almost exclusively DE this year, hopefully due to Von. I counted roughly 25 plays that Wolfe had at DT this year, before his seizure. Jackson shifted in to DT in place of Wolfe, until the seizure, when he also filed in at 5-tech for Wolfe too.

BMORE
02-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Del Rio stated that Wolfe "was a DT" and played "70% of his snaps at DT" in his press conference at the beginning of retaining camp this year. Wolfe was shifted to almost exclusively DE this year, hopefully due to Von. I counted roughly 25 plays that Wolfe had at DT this year, before his seizure. Jackson shifted in to DT in place of Wolfe, until the seizure, when he also filed in at 5-tech for Wolfe too.

Wolfe played DE his rookie season, he shifted inside on passing downs, just like this year. Not sure why you still don't get that his role is that of a DT in our scheme even though he's listed as a DE.

IndelibleScribe
02-27-2014, 09:42 PM
The more I look at this team and the upcoming draft. I begin to wonder if we don't take a TE somewhat high and use a two TE set plus potential new WR draftee to off-set the lost production of Decker and potentially of Moreno.

pricejj
02-27-2014, 10:01 PM
his role is that of a DT in our scheme even though he's listed as a DE.

Yeah, but not in 2013. Almost all of Wolfe's snaps came at DE in 2013, while he was filling in for Von.

Wolfe had 6 sacks, all from DT in 2012.
Wolfe had 4 sacks, all from DE in 2013.

So now, we have at least 3 natural 3-tech's that could start: Wolfe, Jackson, and Williams. That's not even including Knighton, who's better penetrating at 3-tech (rather than NT).

Zero natural SS, Zero natural MLB's, and Zero natural starting DE's. It's idiotic.

DBroncos4life
02-27-2014, 10:15 PM
We need to draft a replacement for Wolfe.

BMORE
02-28-2014, 04:31 AM
Yeah, but not in 2013. Almost all of Wolfe's snaps came at DE in 2013, while he was filling in for Von.

Wolfe had 6 sacks, all from DT in 2012.
Wolfe had 4 sacks, all from DE in 2013.

So now, we have at least 3 natural 3-tech's that could start: Wolfe, Jackson, and Williams. That's not even including Knighton, who's better penetrating at 3-tech (rather than NT).

Zero natural SS, Zero natural MLB's, and Zero natural starting DE's. It's idiotic.

Yeah last year his role was different when Von was out he was asked to attack the edge and just rush. But what I'm getting at is when Von comes to the LOS, he's (Wolfe) technically a DT. It doesn't mean he has to shift inside and another big body come off the field. When Von comes to the LOS, the right tackle and usually tight end will chip take that responsibility, and Wolfe is 1 on 1 with the RG, much like a DT.

We have a plathora of options for 3 Tech, your right.
But in our scheme, we have two LDEs, Wolfe and Jackson.
A potential RDE in Q. Smith (who will be a stud).
Zero real impact safeties, one can start, but really could and should be upgraded, we also don't know how he returns.
Zero MLBs, and only 1 real coverage LB.
Did I mention a sophomore and old timer as our only CBs under contract, I don't count Bolden anymore.

Punisher
02-28-2014, 04:35 AM
After cuts Better O-line and Linebackers please