PDA

View Full Version : FA that need the Broncos

rugbythug
02-16-2014, 12:04 PM
At this point in our Team Building we have a few things only 3-4 teams have. A 2 year real shot at the SB. We need to now use this leverage to make our team better with out destroying the core. I think every non Restricted FA will probably walk this year. Hopefully we can get a pick out of the deal next year. What are the players who need what we have and will be willing to take less for more.

1. Hakeem Nicks- A 1 year 1-2 Million dollar deal could make him super rich next year. IF Decker gets a big deal we could use that to sell Nicks.
2. Peppers, Allen-IMO Each of these guys may saddle up for less for a chance to ride with Peyton into the sunset. They have both hit big paychecks already and can still produce. Not a sure thing by any stretch but still there is a chance. 2 Years- 6-8 million

BroncoMan4ever
02-16-2014, 02:03 PM
At this point in our Team Building we have a few things only 3-4 teams have. A 2 year real shot at the SB. We need to now use this leverage to make our team better with out destroying the core. I think every non Restricted FA will probably walk this year. Hopefully we can get a pick out of the deal next year. What are the players who need what we have and will be willing to take less for more.

1. Hakeem Nicks- A 1 year 1-2 Million dollar deal could make him super rich next year. IF Decker gets a big deal we could use that to sell Nicks.
2. Peppers, Allen-IMO Each of these guys may saddle up for less for a chance to ride with Peyton into the sunset. They have both hit big paychecks already and can still produce. Not a sure thing by any stretch but still there is a chance. 2 Years- 6-8 million

I don't think Decker is going to get as massive of a deal as many think. There are a lot of solid free agents and the WR draft class is deep.

eddie mac
02-16-2014, 08:12 PM
The East Coast seems to be blowing Decker up quite a bit. New York reckons he'll command $9m a year and the Boston Herald went $1m higher again at $10m. There's not many teams with that No1 option open probably willing to pay that, maybe the Jets or the Patriots considering those are the media outlets that's coming from.

No1 WR options

New England
NY Jets
Buffalo (Stevie Johnson on a downslide)
Indy (Wayne too old and broken)
Jacksonville
Tennessee (Britt was their 1 but he's been woeful)
Oakland

Carolina (Smith getting old)
St Louis

bpc
02-16-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm not willing to pay $10 million for 1 catch for 5 yds in the big game. We tried the superstar offense... Didn't work.

Pay DT, pay orange Julius if they are the guys. The other spots should be filled by draft picks and FA's.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-16-2014, 09:29 PM
The East Coast seems to be blowing Decker up quite a bit. New York reckons he'll command $9m a year and the Boston Herald went $1m higher again at $10m. There's not many teams with that No1 option open probably willing to pay that, maybe the Jets or the Patriots considering those are the media outlets that's coming from.

No1 WR options

New England
NY Jets
Buffalo (Stevie Johnson on a downslide)
Indy (Wayne too old and broken)
Jacksonville
Tennessee (Britt was their 1 but he's been woeful)
Oakland

Carolina (Smith getting old)
St Louis

Sandy Eggo could be a landing place for Decker two considering former coach and system and he should get some single coverage with Kenan Allen on the other side.

TD4HOF
02-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Defense, Defense, Defense. I want the 85 Bears out there.

ZONA
02-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Pay a Safety to come here............please

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-16-2014, 09:59 PM

^This QFT

SonOfLe-loLang
02-16-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm not willing to pay $10 million for 1 catch for 5 yds in the big game. We tried the superstar offense... Didn't work.

Pay DT, pay orange Julius if they are the guys. The other spots should be filled by draft picks and FA's.

I'm all for putting more money in D, but I hesitate to say our offense "didnt work". We made the Super Bowl. Yes, it was a bad game, but it's still the Super Bowl and one game shouldn't not assume a guarantee that every match up against Sea woukd be like that

Anyway, I think our offense can be just as prolific with another WR in there too

Bigdawg26
02-16-2014, 10:13 PM

And a MLB! But it took us about 5 years to get good DTs heaven knows how long it's gonna take to get safeties!

rugbythug
02-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Defense, Defense, Defense. I want the 85 Bears out there.

We are 10 years out from that. Better to give best offense of all time another shot.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-17-2014, 06:58 AM
We are 10 years out from that. Better to give best offense of all time another shot.

Greatest offense (statistically) of all time. 8 points in the Super Bowl. It's not the greatest offense of all time. Time to accept reality.

rugbythug
02-17-2014, 08:24 AM
Greatest offense (statistically) of all time. 8 points in the Super Bowl. It's not the greatest offense of all time. Time to accept reality.

I try to not let one game dictate my entire thought process.

As an anology I am thinking of this team as the Dallas mavericks. They could never get it done until they could.

rmsanger
02-17-2014, 08:30 AM
0 balance on offense we had in the SB. Clady plus a better G and RT would have given us a much better blend on running.

Pick Six
02-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Rumor has it that Tony Gonzalez is considering making one last run with a team that has a chance to win it all...:thumbs:

yerner
02-17-2014, 08:37 AM
Rumor has it that Tony Gonzalez is considering making one last run with a team that has a chance to win it all...:thumbs:

Julius and TG for one year? whoa. Win 14 games and lose by 40 in th SB.