PDA

View Full Version : PA Offense

Enter The Dragon
02-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Why don't we run a Play Action style offense? Is is Peyton? Is it Gase? Is it the lack of beef on the line? I think it's more effective against aggressive D's and gives us the element of deception. Shanahan had a lot of success with it even after John and TD.

Powderaddict
02-12-2014, 06:56 PM
If by PA you mean Play Action, Broncos run it a ton.

Enter The Dragon
02-12-2014, 06:58 PM

True. I mean under center.

DomCasual
02-12-2014, 06:59 PM

I thought he was talking about PA, as in public address. I thought he was referring to the first play of the Super Bowl. A PA system would have helped a lot, with the sound.

Don't I feel like the fool.

CEH
02-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Seattle coaches laughed at Denver pa and told their defenders to ignore the play fake

Denver needs a power running game to have pa

I would look at improving the oline

BroncosfanGuy
02-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I don't think the play action is nearly as effective as it could be. our offense reminds me a lot of the early 1990s Buffalo Bills with the hurry up and the de-emphasis on the QB lining up under center. I understand the tempo and I understand spreading the defense, but when that doesn't work; when you get a defense that can line up and get pressure with 4 then you have to rely on something else. The absence of a traditional running game kind of hinders the o I think.

Enter The Dragon
02-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Seattle coaches laughed at Denver pa and told their defenders to ignore the play fake

We may not see under center play action until Manning retires. Shanahan or Belicheat; as much as I hate him, he's a great coach...and that would NEVER have happened in a million years with either coach.

Enter The Dragon
02-12-2014, 07:40 PM
I don't think the play action is nearly as effective as it could be. our offense reminds me a lot of the early 1990s Buffalo Bills with the hurry up and the de-emphasis on the QB lining up under center. I understand the tempo and I understand spreading the defense, but when that doesn't work; when you get a defense that can line up and get pressure with 4 then you have to rely on something else. The absence of a traditional running game kind of hinders the o I think.

On spot. When the 3 or 4 man rush is getting significant pressure, we have nothing else. We should run a straight play action/base O and go into the hurry up/shotgun to change the momentum. So tired of the predictability. Including coaching decisions.

StugotsIII
02-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Play action only works if the run game is successful.

I hated that in the 4th quarter, down huge vs Seattle Denver was still running PA....who the hell is going to bite on it?

cutthemdown
02-12-2014, 07:50 PM
True. I mean under center.

The reason is this.

The broncos interior oline pass protects a lot out of a quick set. Dikta was talking about that texchnique they use. Not sure what limitations that has but maybe it has something to do with it.

IMO upgrading LG or C would be a good move. They played well this yr but i still think we need to get more physical.

cutthemdown
02-12-2014, 07:52 PM

I can't help but think we blew it passing on Lacy for Ball. Lacy can punish pass rushing dlineman.

Enter The Dragon
02-12-2014, 07:54 PM

I hated that in the 4th quarter, down huge vs Seattle Denver was still running PA....who the hell is going to bite on it?

You're right. We need the run game to work. No on Hillman please, draft some O line road graders. Peyton is perfect for the PA perfectly placed pass that is devastating to the D. Just too bad this is prob his last go around. Some people wonder why Steve Smith or Desean Jackson(Eddie Royal) or some guy you have never heard of is running wide open by 20 yards. I don't.

Enter The Dragon
02-12-2014, 08:00 PM
I can't help but think we blew it passing on Lacy for Ball. Lacy can punish pass rushing dlineman.

I'm a ball guy. Lol. With the right set and push this man can take it to the house. Or we play action and the D is fooled.

DomCasual
02-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Man, your profile picture gives me a chuckle, every time I see it.

DomCasual
02-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Was there anything better than watching #7 run play action, during the TD years? He got to be a master at it. When the defense would bite, and he would be sitting back with no one within 8 yards of him, you just knew he was going to hit someone in stride.

Enter The Dragon
02-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Was there anything better than watching #7 run play action, during the TD years? He got to be a master at it. When the defense would bite, and he would be sitting back with no one within 8 yards of him, you just knew he was going to hit someone in stride.

Yes sir. Just imagine shanahans offense killing it in the super bowl. I just cant get it off my mind.

cutthemdown
02-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Shanny's offense had it's time but eventually rule changes to cut blocking ended his secret weapon.

DomCasual
02-12-2014, 10:03 PM
if that's so then why did it go South for him with the Skins....was it the owner or just to old school

Well, on the original subject (taking Shanahan out of it, in other words), are you saying play action is not effective anymore?

Powderaddict
02-13-2014, 08:20 AM
The reason is this.

The broncos interior oline pass protects a lot out of a quick set. Dikta was talking about that texchnique they use. Not sure what limitations that has but maybe it has something to do with it.

IMO upgrading LG or C would be a good move. They played well this yr but i still think we need to get more physical.

I agree 100%.

We need to upgrade the line. Ball is fine, get some good, physical, consistent blocking and this offense will be able to compete for a championship.

The line can pass block for Manning just fine, up until they run into a good front 4. To me it was the biggest problem in the Superbowl, which led to a bunch of other problems.