how messed up is that

the suit takes it harder than the coach

John Fox's days are numbered in this town

Broncos dude
02-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I agree

eddie mac
02-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Maybe from a fan viewpoint but he's going nowhere under Bowlen and Elway unless health gets the better of him.

IA-Broncosfan53
02-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Fox's answer for something that he could have done differently from play calling perspective was atrocious. He danced around the question, then borrowed a line that Elway had used previously without actually giving an answer to the legitimate and fair question. Elway did not looked pleased. I agree, his days are numbered. He's a players coach, one they want to play hard for, but John Fox does not give us a competitive advantage.

maven
02-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Maybe from a fan viewpoint but he's going nowhere under Bowlen and Elway unless health gets the better of him.

We will see how next season plays out. I'm not buying this.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:37 PM

If Elway gives him an extension after what just happened that will tell us a lot about his real expectations and goals. I won't ever believe the "our goal is to win championships" line again.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:41 PM
We will see how next season plays out. I'm not buying this.

You will know before then. If they don't give Fox an extension this off-season it will be clear that Elway is not sold on Fox as the long-term solution. If they do give Fox an extension, it will become to clear, to me at least, that I was right about Elway when they hired him. I really hope that doesn't happen.

bronco militia
02-04-2014, 03:47 PM
I'd like to believe it, but I think you guys are reading between the lines a little too much.

bronco_diesel
02-04-2014, 03:47 PM
If Elway gives him an extension after what just happened that will tell us a lot about his real expectations and goals. I won't ever believe the "our goal is to win championships" line again.

LOL.

"Fox, tough year. You lost Von Miller to suspension and then ACL, lost Vickerson to a hip injury, Rahim Moor could have died, Clady to LF, Champ to LF who is also old, Harris tore his ACL, oh and Wolfe started having seizuers. And you! You nearly died on us and had to have open heart surgury. But the last straw was getting us to the Super Bowl and losing so badly. I mean, it started bad, then it looked like you were missing key players everywhere. You clearly need to go."

-John Elway

bpc
02-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Dmac reporting there appeared to be some tension between the two in the press conference. Hard to argue. Not to kick dirt on Fox here, but what has he done in Denver? I'd give him credit for year 1, but that was all Tebow and Allen. When Fox had Orton in the game, we were 1-4. In year 2, Elway got Manning signed. Not Fox. ELWAY. The team rolled to the #1 seed and the team blew it in round 1 up 7 on a hail mary. In year 2, Denver overcomes to do the same the following year and the team looks epicly overmatched in the super bowl as we get smoked.

The team needs a difference maker on the sideline, don't have one.

maher_tyler
02-04-2014, 04:00 PM
LOL.

"Fox, tough year. You lost Von Miller to suspension and then ACL, lost Vickerson to a hip injury, Rahim Moor could have died, Clady to LF, Champ to LF who is also old, Harris tore his ACL, oh and Wolfe started having seizuers. And you! You nearly died on us and had to have open heart surgury. But the last straw was getting us to the Super Bowl and losing so badly. I mean, it started bad, then it looked like you were missing key players everywhere. You clearly need to go."

-John Elway

Fans are pissed he's not showing any passion at all. You'd hardly know we got embarrassed in the Super Bowl listening to him talk.

OldschoolFreak
02-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Would love to upgrade to a badass coach (frankly I think Fox deserves a disproportionate share of the blame) BUT...who would actually be an improvement?

I'm looking for specific names of coaches that could improve the team next year.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Dmac reporting there appeared to be some tension between the two in the press conference. Hard to argue. Not to kick dirt on Fox here, but what has he done in Denver? I'd give him credit for year 1, but that was all Tebow and Allen. When Fox had Orton in the game, we were 1-4. In year 2, Elway got Manning signed. Not Fox. ELWAY. The team rolled to the #1 seed and the team blew it in round 1 up 7 on a hail mary. In year 2, Denver overcomes to do the same the following year and the team looks epicly overmatched in the super bowl as we get smoked.

Fox has done nothing other than ride the coattails of the greatest regular season quarterback of all-time to division titles. And anyone who give him credit for the Tebow season is an idiot. He wanted to stick with Orton.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Would love to upgrade to a badass coach (frankly I think Fox deserves a disproportionate share of the blame) BUT...who would actually be an improvement?

I'm looking for specific names of coaches that could improve the team next year.

Dan Quinn would make a lot of sense honestly, but there are never any guarantees with first time head coach hires. If you want guarantees you are **** out of luck when it comes to football.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Fox has done nothing other than ride the coattails of the greatest regular season quarterback of all-time to division titles. And anyone who give him credit for the Tebow season is an idiot. He wanted to stick with Orton.

I'd hardly call Delhomme the greatest regular season QB of all time.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd hardly call Delhomme the greatest regular season QB of all time.

That was ten years ago on a different team. How exactly is it relevant?

maven
02-04-2014, 04:12 PM
You will know before then. If they don't give Fox an extension this off-season it will be clear that Elway is not sold on Fox as the long-term solution. If they do give Fox an extension, it will become to clear, to me at least, that I was right about Elway when they hired him. I really hope that doesn't happen.

He will get an extension. It doesn't mean because of it Fox is a lifer Bronco coach.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 04:14 PM
That was ten years ago on a different team. How exactly is it relevant?

You said "all he accomplished..."

He took a Delhomme led team to two NFC Championship games and a Superbowl. That tells me he is capable of accomplishing things with a somewhat crappy QB.

He still needs to win one, and I am pissed with the latest effort, and especially the "not too shabby" comment, but let's not act like he's Mr. MaGoo just blindly stumbling into great situations. He's played his part in the team's successes, as well as failures.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 04:15 PM
He will get an extension. It doesn't mean because of it Fox is a lifer Bronco coach.

It means that they plan to keep him around for more than one more season, and likely more than that. Firing coaches on the front end of contracts is very costly.

Requiem
02-04-2014, 04:15 PM
John Fox looks like Bill Clinton. We need an upgrade.

maven
02-04-2014, 04:18 PM
It means that they plan to keep him around for more than one more season, and likely more than that. Firing coaches on the front end of contracts is very costly.

Costly? So what. The Denver Broncos have fired coaches before.

While you may not like it, Fox will get an extension.

CHEF LUIGI
02-04-2014, 04:18 PM
LOL.

-John Elway
bingo./
JFE knows better than anyone who wasn't a buffalo bill, the sting of losing the big game.
JFE will do the right thing regarding fox and everything else that isn't names Brock.

CHEF LUIGI
02-04-2014, 04:19 PM
John Fox looks like Bill Clinton. We need an upgrade.can he play the sax ?

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Imagine if Shanahan agreed to come back under Elway as GM? That would be an odd arrangement.

(this post created solely to get SoCal all atwitter ;D)

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:23 PM

who do you recommend to replace Fox?

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 04:23 PM

What about Gase?

razorwire77
02-04-2014, 04:24 PM
All emotions from Sunday aside, I'm not really sure the rationale of extending Fox. I get playing out the Manning/Fox string over the next year, but why extend him out?

OldschoolFreak
02-04-2014, 04:26 PM
It would certainly a ballsy (and in my opinion badass) move for Elway to say "we strive for excellence as an organization and have decided to move in a different direction".

I think a gutsy big move like that or trading Von for 3 high draft picks or asking Manning to restructure to add $5 mil to the cap space could light a fire under the team. The problem is, I don't see a coach out there that would make sense (the Quinn idea is intriguing).

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:27 PM
What about Gase?

is he a super-fire-motivator that will kick the team in the ballz? I don't think so.

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 04:28 PM

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/400/img/photos/2013/09/04/f4/89/stanford_david_shaw.jpg

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:29 PM
It would certainly a ballsy (and in my opinion badass) move for Elway to say "we strive for excellence as an organization and have decided to move in a different direction".

I think a gutsy big move like that or trading Von for 3 high draft picks or asking Manning to restructure to add $5 mil to the cap space could light a fire under the team. The problem is, I don't see a coach out there that would make sense (the Quinn idea is intriguing).

I'd be ok with a firing or two, just to let the staff know that looking like complete garbage in the SB is not ok.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:29 PM
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/400/img/photos/2013/09/04/f4/89/stanford_david_shaw.jpg

he's no harbaugh

razorwire77
02-04-2014, 04:30 PM

:rofl:

One strike away. Looked less than dominant when he came back and coming off a blown ACL. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd round draft pick for Von Miller right now.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 04:31 PM
is he a super-fire-motivator that will kick the team in the ballz? I don't think so.

I don't know but he was one of the most sought after coaches after Black Monday.

There are more ways to win than just rah rah guys.

Rohirrim
he's no harbaugh

You're right. His record is better.

ATL-Eric
Seriously, has any coach ever been fired after competing in a super bowl? Same goes for retiring after an MVP.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't know but he was one of the most sought after coaches after Black Monday.

There are more ways to win than just rah rah guys.

Gase is not ready.

Powderaddict

One strike away. Looked less than dominant when he came back and coming off a blown ACL. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd round draft pick for Von Miller right now.

orangenblue
He will get an extension to boost his confidence. It don't mean s h i t though because if he doesn't produce Elway will can him.

Powderaddict
Gase is not ready.

How do you know?

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:33 PM
You're right. His record is better.

he's living off Harbaugh's talent. I'd like to see him keep winning at Stanford for a few more years before I say he's ready for the NFL. Harbaugh was ready.

OldschoolFreak
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM

No way. That's hyperbole. Obviously his value is depressed right now but for a potential LT in his third year; I bet they could get two firsts and a third for him or maybe just two firsts but there's certainly value there.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:35 PM
How do you know?

No one ever heard of this guy until this year. He's also got PM as his QB. I could care less about a crappy franchise like Cleveland pining over a 1st year OC. Cleveland is a joke.

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Seriously, has any coach ever been fired after competing in a super bowl? Same goes for retiring after an MVP.

Dan Reeves took us to three SBs before getting fired.

Taco John
02-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Imagine if Shanahan agreed to come back under Elway as GM? That would be an odd arrangement.

(this post created solely to get SoCal all atwitter ;D)

I'll even take it the next step. Imagine Shanahan came back and actually won the Superbowl.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:37 PM

Reeves got fired because of his lousy relationship with Elway.

ATL-Eric
02-04-2014, 04:38 PM

but not fired the offseason after going.. is my point

Taco John
02-04-2014, 04:38 PM
What about Gase?

Gase was Josh McDaniel's receiver coach 3 years ago. You think he's ready to step into a head coaching gig?

Taco John
02-04-2014, 04:39 PM
but not fired the offseason after going.. is my point

That doesn't mean he shouldn't have been. After we lost to San Francisco 55-10, Reeves was finished here. It just took another 8-8 season for Bowlen to fully realize it.

razorwire77
02-04-2014, 04:39 PM
No way. That's hyperbole. Obviously his value is depressed right now but for a potential LT in his third year; I bet they could get two firsts and a third for him or maybe just two firsts but there's certainly value there.

A trade's not going to happen, but I'd PayPal bet $1000 that no NFL team would give up two 1st round draft picks for Von Miller right now. Maybe a dumpster fire team would give up two 2nds. Maybe a team would pony up a low 1st round pick, but I think a lot of Bronco fans are underestimating just how much his stock has dropped. And I'm as big a Von fan as you'll find on this board.

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 04:40 PM
he's living off Harbaugh's talent. I'd like to see him keep winning at Stanford for a few more years before I say he's ready for the NFL. Harbaugh was ready.

Half the players on the team this last season were his signings. It's been three years since Harbaugh left and Luck just finished his second year with Indy. Shaw creates the kind of team we need here. They smash you in the mouth.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Half the players on the team this last season were his signings. It's been three years since Harbaugh left and Luck just finished his second year with Indy. Shaw creates the kind of team we need here. They smash you in the mouth.

Is he a defensive guy or is his background offense?

cutthemdown
02-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Elway won't look for a new head coach until after Manning leaves.

ATL-Eric
02-04-2014, 04:43 PM
That doesn't mean he shouldn't have been. After we lost to San Francisco 55-10, Reeves was finished here. It just took another 8-8 season for Bowlen to fully realize it.

My point exactly. No GM has the balls to fire a HC who just went to a SB even if they know its time

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Played receiver for the Cardinal under Bill Walsh. Assistant coach at Eagles, Raiders, Ravens. Passing game coach under Harbaugh at UCSD and then OC under Harbaugh at Stanford.

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 04:46 PM
My point exactly. No GM has the balls to fire a HC who just went to a SB even if they know its time

I'd say the Tebow trade indicates the size of Elway's balls. ;D

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 04:47 PM
I think Elway was as shocked as all of us at how badly the Broncos played. However, I seriously doubt he has another HC in mind to replace Fox. But I agree with many people here, the Broncos need a HC who will get the most out of the team, and I'm not 100% sure Fox is that guy. I like Fox, I always have, but that SB just sucked.

The Broncos had a chance make a comeback starting in the 3rd quarter, that is, they should have gone into the locker room, regrouped, got fired up and come out and played their best football of the year. Instead, the friggen special teams gives up another TD.

Again, I'm all for some heads rolling, starting with the coaching staff. The special teams coach is a nice start, IMHO.

DomCasual
02-04-2014, 04:52 PM
John Fox looks like Bill Clinton. We need an upgrade.

Dude, Bill Clinton was making sweet oral love to crazy-hot interns in the Oval Office (okay, not crazy-hot ones - but still, not-too-shabby ones, for an old guy).

nyuk nyuk
02-04-2014, 04:55 PM
I'd like to believe it, but I think you guys are reading between the lines a little too much.

I agree.

Oleg Gordievsky
02-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Dude, Bill Clinton was making sweet oral love to crazy-hot interns in the Oval Office (okay, not crazy-hot ones - but still, not-too-shabby ones, for an old guy).

You are dumsky guy. Oleg is old guy. Still yet Oleg would never touch Monika Lebowski with Requium persons manhood. This is true with vodka even! :spit:

BroncoBeavis
02-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Love him or hate him, Foxy's not going anywhere.

Our best hope is to bring in a real fiery bastard at MLB or FS to pump up the nasty.

Unfortunately I don't see that person out there.

DomCasual
02-04-2014, 05:00 PM

I'm pretty sure that had Elway been pulling the trigger, that number would have been, oh, about three less. :)

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Gase was Josh McDaniel's receiver coach 3 years ago. You think he's ready to step into a head coaching gig?

He's as good of a name as anyone out there IMO. Plus it would provide some continuity.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 05:03 PM

Our best hope is to bring in a real fiery bastard at MLB or FS to pump up the nasty.

yep, I still say this defense needs a "leader" and more attitude. Look at the great defenses in the NFL, starting with Seattle. Carroll is a defensive coach and he and the GM have assembled a nasty defense.

Niners have a nasty defense too. Carolina has a talented young defense and their starting MLB, Keuechly (spelling?) is a beast.

Manning is Manning and the Broncos will score some points, but when the chips are down, it's the defense that keeps you in the game. The Broncos had Romanowski as the MLB on the SB winning teams. I say they need another, nasty ass, mean MLBer who just assume punch you in the mouth as look at you.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Monica was hot?? Ha!

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that had Elway been pulling the trigger, that number would have been, oh, about three less. :)

I think Elway got along okay with Reeves until the whole Shanahan thing happened, with Mike creating plays under the table for John and then getting fired for it by Reeves. Of course, it seems that Shanahan and Elway also had a falling out at some point when John was trying to get into a FO position. ???

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 05:07 PM

I guarantee fox wouldn't have seen this SB without Manning.

elsid13
02-04-2014, 05:08 PM

offense

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Monica was hot?? Ha!

In a plump way.

nyuk nyuk
02-04-2014, 05:09 PM
I'd say the Tebow trade indicates the size of Elway's balls. ;D

True. 46% completion percentage isn't going to cut it in the NFL. That was as Elway would say, "unacceptable."

Elway is one loyal mo fo. Yet again this is his team, make no bones about it.

yerner
02-04-2014, 05:10 PM
You got to wonder what Elway was thinking on Sunday night. Looking across the field I imagine he thought he'd rather have Carroll coaching his team. It all depends on their relationship though. If it's good, he'll stay.

What's his feeling toward Kubiak?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 05:11 PM

I would take Deone in this draft. He's SS but better than what we throw out there.

Arkie
02-04-2014, 05:11 PM

Jimmy Johnson after winning two straight Super Bowls.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 05:12 PM
In a plump way.

A plump chick has to have an outstandingly gorgeous face to be considered hot. She didnt.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Jimmy Johnson after winning two straight Super Bowls.

Pretty sure Jimma Johnson retired... he was sick of Jerra Jones

elsid13
02-04-2014, 05:15 PM
You got to wonder what Elway was thinking on Sunday night. Looking across the field I imagine he thought he'd rather have Carroll coaching his team. It all depends on their relationship though. If it's good, he'll stay.

What's his feeling toward Kubiak?

Kubiak, Dennison and I think Turner are now part of the Ravens staff. Elway ain't moving to them anytime soon.

DomCasual
02-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Monica was hot?? Ha!

Dude, I was trying to think of a way I could carry on the not-too-shabby theme!

ColoradoDarin
02-04-2014, 05:17 PM

Not too chubby?? Not too schlubby?

Requiem
02-04-2014, 05:18 PM
You are dumsky guy. Oleg is old guy. Still yet Oleg would never touch Monika Lebowski with Requium persons manhood. This is true with vodka even! :spit:

I'd let you though. . .

Requiem
Not too chubby?? Not too schlubby?

Chub Schlubber.

ColoradoDarin
wolf is the Monica Lewinski of posters, he sucks.

ATL-Eric
02-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Kubiak, Dennison and I think Turner are now part of the Ravens staff. Elway ain't moving to them anytime soon.

In theory, could Kubiak quit that ravens job and come here after only 3 weeks? Are there rules against this? I know mcdaniels switched during season but who else.

Requiem
02-04-2014, 05:22 PM
I just had a thought...this happened to Elway how many times before he won the SB ...under the same coach right...well maybe it was that coaches fault and as a player he knew but could not do anything about it BUT NOW.....if he feels that this IS on fox that is

You wanna be on Fox?

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 05:25 PM
A plump chick has to have an outstandingly gorgeous face to be considered hot. She didnt.

A couple of beers and you'd be on her like a monkey on a cupcake.

elsid13
02-04-2014, 05:27 PM
In theory, could Kubiak quit that ravens job and come here after only 3 weeks? Are there rules against this? I know mcdaniels switched during season but who else.

I just don't see them doing that. He could because it is a promotion (OC to HC) but I don't think there will be change this year.

BroncosfanGuy
02-04-2014, 05:32 PM
HE DONT HAVE THE KILLER EXTINT

really though, who does?
or should i say who do?

Rohirrim
02-04-2014, 05:34 PM
really though, who does?
or should i say who do?

Thanks. After this Sunday, I needed a good laugh. :rofl:

BroncosfanGuy
02-04-2014, 05:35 PM
I know you are right. A buddy of mine called me from at there where ya all are and Elway has said when coach Fox addresses the team in spring training

after the whole team arrives or does he just address the pitchers and catchers?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Woops sorry.

Not too shabby of ya

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 06:02 PM
"Killer extint"

Lol

Taco John
02-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Elway sounds like he's been yelling his lungs out...

AtlantaBronco
02-04-2014, 06:19 PM
I get the impression that Elway is very pissed off. The shot of him watching the game looked like he was trying to pass a kidney stone. And he got pretty hot at the end of the press conference.

I think you have to view this as more than just a loss in the Super Bowl. You have to view it as a window closing. Last year Fox's stupid decisions cost us the playoff game against the Ratbirds. Then he doesn't have the team ready to play in the Super Bowl. Elway didn't bring Manning here to do anything but win the Super Bowl. Elway won't say it publically but I bet it's on his mind. But at the same time he knows that he has to keep Fox because if he let's him go now, he's starting over and the small crack between the window and window seal slams shut. Not a happy place to be.

One coach I would fire today is the special teams coach. Special teams has been bad all year and there wasn't a doubt in my mind that that pooch kick was going to be returned.

BroncoMan4ever
02-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Fox's answer for something that he could have done differently from play calling perspective was atrocious. He danced around the question, then borrowed a line that Elway had used previously without actually giving an answer to the legitimate and fair question. Elway did not looked pleased. I agree, his days are numbered. He's a players coach, one they want to play hard for, but John Fox does not give us a competitive advantage.

a guy who just led a team to a super bowl berth with Von gone the majority of the season, Champ gone the majority of the season and when he returned was a shadow of his former self, our all pro LT gone for the season, our line shuffling guys around because of injury, our best DT on IR, our best safety on IR and nearly dying, Harris on IR, Wolfe gone at the end of the year, and oh yeah, Fox himself nearly ****ing died is suddenly a trash coach that needs to be on the lookout for the axe?

he's a players coach is true. but he is a players coach who had a lot of his best players not available to him.

this team even with the high school JV defense is still the best in the AFC. You reload that defense with money saved by letting some guys go and restructuring others, pray for a better year in regards to injuries(maybe get rid of Greek and bring in someone more modern) and give it another go next season.

Rascal
02-04-2014, 06:35 PM
What about Gase?

HELL ****ING NO.

Rascal
02-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Monica was hot?? Ha!

compared to Hillary she probably looked like super model

Hamrob
02-04-2014, 07:05 PM
How about giving Singletary another shot. Or, steal from Seattle and hire Dan Quinn or Ken Norton Jr.

Zealot
02-04-2014, 07:23 PM
I like the Singletary idea

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Other than the entertainment value of dropping trou, Singletary was a disaster.

Taco John
02-04-2014, 07:39 PM
There are only two good answers, IMO... Well three... Maybe four...

1) Stay the course. Keep John Fox, and do everything you can to plug the leaks with the players. Keep Del Rio at all costs.

2) Fire John Fox, and approach Mike Shanahan about steering the ship into port. Keep Del Rio at all costs. Do not do this option if it costs us Del Rio.

3) Fire John Fox and promote Del Rio to Head Coach.

4) Do number two, but hire - man I hate this option - Brian Billick.

5) Do number two, but hire John Gruden.

extralife
02-04-2014, 07:41 PM
is Bill Billick the unknown love child of Brian Billick and Bill Belichick?

Drunk Monkey
02-04-2014, 07:43 PM
****ing tards. You go 13-3 win out to get to the SB and you lose. So the obvious solution to fix this grievous affront is to can the man responsible for organizing the effort for you getting there in the first place. The sparklers were thrilled with how that worked out for them. Most of you **** tards are also calling for Peyton to hang it up. Blow up the team. We can never win. To soft to weak. **** ALL OF YOU!!!

Baltimore won last year over SF. It took a collection of **** up's for them to get the chance.

Bottom line. We played like crap. They played better. I do not think we lose a best of seven against those clowns.

24champ
02-04-2014, 07:49 PM

1) Stay the course. Keep John Fox, and do everything you can to plug the leaks with the players. Keep Del Rio at all costs.

2) Fire John Fox, and approach Mike Shanahan about steering the ship into port. Keep Del Rio at all costs. Do not do this option if it costs us Del Rio.

www.bringbackshanny.com

RaiderH8r
02-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Doing a number 2...
Not too shabby.

jutang
02-04-2014, 07:55 PM
I don't know if Shanny can really put his ego aside and let Elway be his boss. Shanny isn't necessarily the best motivator and he hasn't shown an ability to adapt to a different system and he'll likely bringing his guys (Slowik) while losing Del Rio and Gase.

Arkie
02-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Gruden is overrated because he took Dungy's perennial playoff caliber team and beat his former team in the Super Bowl. He got credit for both teams. His own Tampa Bay teams were mediocre after that. But he's proven he can steer a ship into port.

Traveler
02-04-2014, 08:05 PM
****ing tards. You go 13-3 win out to get to the SB and you lose. So the obvious solution to fix this grievous affront is to can the man responsible for organizing the effort for you getting there in the first place. The sparklers were thrilled with how that worked out for them. Most of you **** tards are also calling for Payton to hang it up. Blow up the team. We can never win. To soft to weak. **** ALL OF YOU!!!

Baltimore wonf last year over SF. It took a collection of **** up's for them to get the chance.

Bottom line. We played like crap. They played better. I do not think we lose a best of seven against those clowns.

Shannon Sharpe would beg to differ with you. He says we could play Seattle 10 times and lose all ten. We are too one dimensional and depend too much on a single individual on offense. We don't have a legitimate threat in the run game, so SEA didn't respect that part of the offense at all. Until we fix this problem, we will continue to be exposed when it really matters.

Armchair Bronco
02-04-2014, 08:05 PM

@Agamemnon has hit the nail on the head. Fox hasn't really done anything other than leverage a HOF QB for the last two years. Sure, he was brought in to bring some stability to a sinking organization after the scorched earth policy of his predecessor, Josh "Stalin" McStalin.

But he never embraced Tebow (the fans forced his hands), and his Ultra-Mega Conservative brand of coaching and game planning just isn't going to cut it anymore. Thanks for stabilizing the ship, Fox, but it's time for you to move on.

Gregg Easterbrook's "Sour Play of the Game" in TMQ was Fox's decision to punt on 4th and 2 in the 1st quarter:

"Denver's record-setting offense opened the game with a goofy safety, but the Broncos' defense held Seattle to a field goal following the free kick. So it's Bluish Men Group by 5-0. No problem for the highest scoring team in NFL annals. Denver took possession, advanced to fourth-and-2 on its 43 -- and punted. What good is the highest-scoring offense in NFL history if the Broncos are afraid to try on fourth-and-short from midfield?"

That decision is ALL on Fox.

Trust me, Fox needs to go. He's not someone who can take Denver to the next level.

razorwire77
02-04-2014, 08:08 PM
****ing tards. You go 13-3 win out to get to the SB and you lose. So the obvious solution to fix this grievous affront is to can the man responsible for organizing the effort for you getting there in the first place. The sparklers were thrilled with how that worked out for them. Most of you **** tards are also calling for Payton to hang it up. Blow up the team. We can never win. To soft to weak. **** ALL OF YOU!!!

Baltimore won last year over SF. It took a collection of **** up's for them to get the chance.

:spit:

Their defense was so dominant that we didn't get a first down until the 2nd quarter. Eric Decker had 1 catch for 6 yards. We scored 8 points and that was during Orton time. They punished our receivers so badly that Demaryius separated his shoulder and the other receivers stopped selling out because they got hit so hard and so often. Knowshon Moreno had 17 yards on 5 carries before getting knocked out of the game. Montee Ball had 6 carries for a yard. What exactly about their defense bending us over a pinball machine makes you think we'd beat them in the majority of the times we play? If anything I thought it was a devastating indictment of the finesse style of offense we run. I hope you're right man, but that's sure as hell not what I saw.

gunns
02-04-2014, 08:10 PM

And drafting Maddox with the idea of trading Elway.

Fox will be here one more year. It's too late to start the coach search. He was hired because at that time there was no one available and I see Elway canning him after this next season, especially after the bonehead moves against Baltimore and the SB. Elway's too competitive to keep putting up with this.

Vegas_Bronco
02-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Shanny: he'll want Manning moving laterally which is what has been needed all season. And reduce his release time.
Billick: he'll scrap the linebacker crew we have sim DannyT and get us a decent backfield on defense
Gruden: he'll take too long for a SB win
Fox: NO ONE WAS EXCITED ABOUT THIS HIRE TO START WITH...so easy come easy go.

BroncsRule
02-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Doing a number 2...
Not too shabby.

I see what you did there. :thumbsup:

BroncsRule
02-04-2014, 08:19 PM

Sign me up for #3.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Nothing worse than a bronco fan spelling Peyton wrong.

Then calling out other fans. Smh.

Armchair Bronco
02-04-2014, 08:28 PM
How about a couple of dark-horse candidates.

A) Fire BOTH Fox and Del Rio. Both of them are re-treads anyway.

B) Promote Eric Studesville to Head Coach, and ask him to make Keith Burns Denver's new DC.

I thought Studesville did a great job as Interim Head Coach after McStalin was sent packing, and he seems to have a personality more like Pete Carroll and less like Shannyham or Fox or Del Rio.

And Keith Burns knows how to lay on the wood and give 100% on every single freakin' play!

Drunk Monkey
02-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Shannon Sharpe would beg to differ with you. He says we could play Seattle 10 times and lose all ten. We are too one dimensional and depend too much on a single individual on offense. We don't have a legitimate threat in the run game, so SEA didn't respect that part of the offense at all. Until we fix this problem, we will continue to be exposed when it really matters.

I don't think we are that one dimensional. We played a bad bad bad game. It is in our ability to play better on offense. An intact O Line would have helped. I don't think we give enough credit to what we accomplished with what we had left at the end of the season.

Drunk Monkey
02-04-2014, 08:57 PM
:spit:

Their defense was so dominant that we didn't get a first down until the 2nd quarter. Eric Decker had 1 catch for 6 yards. We scored 8 points and that was during Orton time. They punished our receivers so badly that Demaryius separated his shoulder and the other receivers stopped selling out because they got hit so hard and so often. Knowshon Moreno had 17 yards on 5 carries before getting knocked out of the game. Montee Ball had 6 carries for a yard. What exactly about their defense bending us over a pinball machine makes you think we'd beat them in the majority of the times we play? If anything I thought it was a devastating indictment of the finesse style of offense we run. I hope you're right man, but that's sure as hell not what I saw.

It's not what I saw in that game either. We got killed all around. No question. Having said that I think we can adapt to a situation. So many are acting like we are a team that lucked into the SB. We punched ourselves in the mouth with the first play of the game and played shelled shocked from that point on. Yes they played great. But we played so far below what we are accustomed to. Do you think that was their best effort against our best effort?

gunns
02-04-2014, 08:58 PM

For me, no to all, especially number 2. About hyperventilated seeing that. One of the worst times in franchise history and we want to move backwards. Hell, no. Thank heavens he and Elway aren't on the best of terms.

Taco John
02-04-2014, 09:04 PM
I think the only option, really, is to ride out the next year with John Fox and hope for the best. After listening to the press conference, I'm convinced John Elway has come to this conclusion as well.

bowtown
02-04-2014, 09:14 PM

B) Promote Eric Studesville to Head Coach, and ask him to make Keith Burns Denver's new DC.

I thought Studesville did a great job as Interim Head Coach after McStalin was sent packing, and he seems to have a personality more like Pete Carroll and less like Shannyham or Fox or Del Rio.

And Keith Burns knows how to lay on the wood and give 100% on every single freakin' play!

Yeah great idea. Bring in the guy who was responsible for the worst special teams unit in the league this year to be your DC. You are such a special special kind of stupid.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Yeah great idea. Bring in the guy who was responsible for the worst special teams unit in the league this year to be your DC. You are such a special special kind of stupid.

Hang on, that's an great plan.

Well, if you are a Seahawk fan and want to weaken the competition.

bowtown
02-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Hang on, that's an great plan.

Well, if you are a Seahawk fan and want to weaken the competition.

But he always tackled hard on punt returns!!!!

bowtown
02-04-2014, 09:36 PM

What exactly were you possibly right about in regards to Elway when the hired him? What specifically? Just so, you know, we have another one of your amazing takes really spelled out here for posterity.

stoxman
02-04-2014, 09:46 PM

AGAIN...DAN QUINN...DC of the Seahawks!!

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 10:07 PM
What exactly were you possibly right about in regards to Elway when the hired him? What specifically? Just so, you know, we have another one of your amazing takes really spelled out here for posterity.

When we hired him I saw it as cronyism and did not think he had the qualifications. He's made the Broncos much better since taking the job so I recanted that. But if he extends that ****ing loser coach after this travesty of a Super Bowl I will be convinced that he just got lucky and that he really doesn't have a clue about building a championship team.

UberBroncoMan
02-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Enter...

Head Coach Bill Romanowski

IndelibleScribe
02-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Fox is fine, will get extended and the people who dislike him will continue to complain.

Bronco Yoda
02-05-2014, 12:12 AM
Like it or not there's no way Elway is going to change HQ's while they're doing PFM's swan song. And I'm sure JDR would walk if he was passed over.

Maybe the best we could hope for is for Elway to start channeling a little dark lord himself.... Al Davis. i could see John in a jogging suit and matching golf cart glaring throughout the practices waving a cattle prod.

BroncoMan4ever
02-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Enter...

i know this is a joke, but i would actually love it if the team hired him as a Strength and Conditioning coach or consultant in that area.

say what you want about the guy as a human being, but he was always extremely prepared to play, always in phenomenal conditioning, loves the game and knows his **** when it comes to strength and conditioning

whoeey
02-05-2014, 01:29 AM
i know this is a joke, but i would actually love it if the team hired him as a Strength and Conditioning coach or consultant in that area.

say what you want about the guy as a human being, but he was always extremely prepared to play, always in phenomenal conditioning, loves the game and knows his **** when it comes to strength and conditioning

PEDS tend to do that. See seabuzzards

IndelibleScribe
02-05-2014, 01:32 AM

Absolutely not. He is borderline psycho. Just because you are a fiery player means nothing. So was Mike Singletary and he is as simple as white paint.

extralife
02-05-2014, 01:37 AM

if we hire ****ing romo as a strength coach I'm pretty sure the league would just assign a piss test guy to camp in our locker room every day

BroncoMan4ever
02-05-2014, 01:44 AM
if we hire ****ing romo as a strength coach I'm pretty sure the league would just assign a piss test guy to camp in our locker room every day

Romo never once tested positive for anything banned by the league. he took supplements by the fistful without question, but he was vigilant in knowing what was in them and if or when the league banned a certain ingredient in those supplements he stopped using them.

he stayed ahead of what the league was mandating and was always in great shape without suffering numerous injuries like this team seems to have on an annual basis.

does no one else find it odd, that almost every season we are amongst the teams with the highest number of injuries? something in that aspect needs to be done. and considering that one of the only constants on the team is Greek, he should be the guy looking out for the axe.

whoeey
02-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Elway acted like the defense was stellar. WTF over.

I agree with Fox on the D. I'm not a Fox homer but did anyone in this thread hear what Elway said? I agree with DRC, maybe johnny boy was livin it up to much to check on the team. Sure looked like he was coming off a week long bender

dsmoot
02-05-2014, 04:06 AM

Not even a good comparison. A few years had passed by. Reeves put his ego in the way and tried to eject a HOF QB that had carried Reeves teams to the SB. Reeves lost his mind at the end - Tommy Maddox and was losing the team. We saw this repeat itself in a similar manner with Shanahan. Fortunately, Pat Bowlen recognized what was going on.

dsmoot
02-05-2014, 04:14 AM
A trade's not going to happen, but I'd PayPal bet $1000 that no NFL team would give up two 1st round draft picks for Von Miller right now. Maybe a dumpster fire team would give up two 2nds. Maybe a team would pony up a low 1st round pick, but I think a lot of Bronco fans are underestimating just how much his stock has dropped. And I'm as big a Von fan as you'll find on this board..

A year ago at this time, I would have laughed at this particular conversation. Not now. I recognize what a game dominator Von is but there are thoughts in my head that if I could get significant value would I go for it. I just don't know where Von's head is. I would love to know what he has been doing/thinking watching his team go to the SB and him not contributing at all. I know the injury is the reason but it would still eat at a real competitor. Is Von a real competitor? Or is he a young, talented player who has made some poor decisions who is not focused.

dsmoot
02-05-2014, 04:15 AM
Elway acted like the defense was stellar. WTF over.

I agree with Fox on the D. I'm not a Fox homer but did anyone in this thread hear what Elway said? I agree with DRC, maybe johnny boy was livin it up to much to check on the team. Sure looked like he was coming off a week long bender

John didn't allude to that at all. He basically said they hung in there and gave the Broncos a chance to recover and get back into the game. Just listened to the presser. Didn't really pick up on the tension between Elway and Fox.

He obviously had cold/congestion issues.

dsmoot
02-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Enter...

WOW. He would be a human quote machine. If you thought Josh was bad......

whoeey
02-05-2014, 04:36 AM
John didn't allude to that at all. He basically said they hung in there and gave the Broncos a chance to recover and get back into the game. Just listened to the presser. Didn't really pick up on the tension between Elway and Fox.

He obviously had cold/congestion issues.

Sometimes sarcasm is lost, sometimes not.

How would Fox know that his defense would be a complete whiff? Don't have to go over game film, just watch any sports outlet.

Elway acted like the defense kept the O in long enough to make a move, did he not? Dagnamit, I was coached to play the entire game. I think Elway was the dick. You win SB by keeping the opposing offense from scoring more than you, not by keeping them in the game.

If seebuzzards had beat us 10-8 (Elway seemed to be fine with that) then he could say PFM lost the game. I thought Elway was childish and maybe he needs to be reminded of his career, I think Fox done a fine job of that:thanku:

dsmoot
02-05-2014, 04:55 AM

How would Fox know that his defense would be a complete whiff? Don't have to go over game film, just watch any sports outlet.

Elway acted like the defense kept the O in long enough to make a move, did he not? Dagnamit, I was coached to play the entire game. I think Elway was the dick. You win SB by keeping the opposing offense from scoring more than you, not by keeping them in the game.

If seebuzzards had beat us 10-8 (Elway seemed to be fine with that) then he could say PFM lost the game. I thought Elway was childish and maybe he needs to be reminded of his career, I think Fox done a fine job of that:thanku:

I think you are over reacting. In context, I agree with what Elway was trying to say. Offensively, it started out bad. The defense kept points off the board in the redzone early giving the offense a chance to right the ship when things looked terrible.

He knows as well as anyone that the Bronco defense was not going to win the Superbowl. We were going to have to put points on the board. The offense covered the weakness of the defense (with 5 significant injuries) all season long. If the offense didn't perform against the Seattle defense the game outcome was a foregone conclusion. Elway knew it.

Guess Who
02-05-2014, 05:09 AM
LOL.

-John Elway

I agree, Dwight, people around here are idiotic MOST of the time. Elway should cut Manning too!!:thumbsup:

Guess Who
02-05-2014, 05:11 AM
Not even a good comparison. A few years had passed by. Reeves put his ego in the way and tried to eject a HOF QB that had carried Reeves teams to the SB. Reeves lost his mind at the end - Tommy Maddox and was losing the team. We saw this repeat itself in a similar manner with Shanahan. Fortunately, Pat Bowlen recognized what was going on.

Denve rlost the AFC Champiosnhip game to Buffalo in 1991. Reeves was fired in 1992.

Denver losing SBs had nothing to do with Bowlen firing him. Reeves wanting to trade Elway for a first round draf pick and Mark Rypien is why he was fired.

WolfpackGuy
02-05-2014, 05:14 AM

I have to disagree.

Seattle would've scored in the 60's if not for those early defensive stops.

Sure, maybe if the soon to be former Bronco Robert Ayers keeps contain on Wilson on Seattle's first couple drives, they force punts instead of FG's, but the offense totally imploding is what lost the Super Bowl.

CEH
02-05-2014, 05:23 AM
The Seattle Defense outscored the Denver offense. End of story on where the blame lies

Once the game was over after the first play of the 2nd half, the def checked out

CEH
02-05-2014, 05:28 AM

Mr. Armchair, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Coldcity76
02-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Elway has been yelling as his voice was really hoarse. In fact, since he isn't a coach and just a GM he must of been yelling a lot. Anytime a GM yells that much its hard to see somebody not being fired or leaving. Fox is not empathetic in demeanor at all and Elway is. Something is up in Bronco land.

We would be crazy to let Del Rio walk and keep Fox. Del Rio is "that guy" in terms of firery head coach.

jmz313
02-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Elway has been yelling as his voice was really hoarse. In fact, since he isn't a coach and just a GM he must of been yelling a lot. Anytime a GM yells that much its hard to see somebody not being fired or leaving. Fox is not empathetic in demeanor at all and Elway is. Something is up in Bronco land.

We would be crazy to let Del Rio walk and keep Fox. Del Rio is "that guy" in terms of firery head coach.

I think Del Rio's HC term this season showed a team less fiery than with John Fox. I dunno.

theAPAOps5
02-05-2014, 07:28 AM

Or he has a cold

Coldcity76
02-05-2014, 07:53 AM
I think Del Rio's HC term this season showed a team less fiery than with John Fox. I dunno.

Well from my perspective I saw Del Rio chew out Danny T on the sideline and when he took over likely could not change the culture to his style.

But I will tell you that my family knows jack growing up and he and his family are firery for sure. He's quiet until you screw up and then he's all over it.

Coldcity76
02-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Or he has a cold

No way man. That is from yelling. A cold won't make you that hoarse his voice was cracking.

You didn't think Elway was yelling after the game but he did in a preseason blowout?

Rabb
02-05-2014, 07:59 AM
I just watched the press conference with Elway and Fox and Elway IS NOT PLAYING AROUND....tell ya what those 31 other NFL teams better watch out cause hearing the tone of Elway hell is coming for em with the devil in tow

Sounded like he wasn't playing around after the Seattle preseason game as well. I guess this time, he's REALLY not playing around.

Watch out!

Coldcity76
02-05-2014, 08:08 AM
that's because Del Rio is not worried about being a players coach....and unlike Fox he DOES NOT make excuses he owns it...I know Fox will be the HC next year but I don't believe he will have as much free rein as he did this year...

I think it might be true that Fox returns with limited coaching ability. I just hate that we have to keep this guy in a playpen.

HILife
02-05-2014, 08:55 AM
Lose a Super Bowl and everyone overreacts. Fox isn't going anywhere. Guy has done a great job getting rid of the McDouchebag fail. Calm the **** down people, it will be ok.

LetsGoBroncos
02-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Lose a Super Bowl and everyone overreacts. Fox isn't going anywhere. Guy has done a great job getting rid of the McDouchebag fail. Calm the **** down people, it will be ok.

Agree. Half the starting defense and our all pro left tackle out and we made the super bowl.

We laid an egg, it's disappointing for sure. But keep it in perspective.

go_broncos
02-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Elway understands the fans pain. Rest of them(including manning) are playing for money. they don't have any pride.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Another seattle player making a statement that our players gave up.

When it's a beatdown of that magnitude, an opposing teams HC saying " we felt we could beat the crud out of those guys " players saying the team just gave up. Our players saying seattle wanted it more. That's on the coaches mentality and atmosphere he brings to the team. Not too ****ing shabby is not good enough.

HILife
02-05-2014, 09:13 AM
that's what they said in North Carolina too

Not even close to a comparison. He didn't just lose a Super Bowl, he went 2-14 the final year. Not to mention he did a complete 180 on this sucky McDouche team and turned them into a respectable winner. Keep on reaching.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Not even close to a comparison. He didn't just lose a Super Bowl, he went 2-14 the final year. Not to mention he did a complete 180 on this sucky McDouche team and turned them into a respectable winner. Keep on reaching.

Manning and Elway did that. You think Fox goes to the playoffs this year without manning? No way. They come in 3rd in AFC west and miss the playoffs this year without him.

Fox has no authority to bring in personnel so the McDaniel stink was swept clean by Elway and his scout teams, along with Sullivan and Russell.

HILife
02-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Manning and Elway did that. You think Fox goes to the playoffs this year without manning? No way. They come in 3rd in AFC west and miss the playoffs this year without him.

Clearly the coach have absolutely nothing to do with the team. They're just there to do pres-conferences and yell at players when things go bad.

Get out of here with that Manning and Elway bull****. Head coach has just as much to do with a team winning and losing as the players. If he didn't have anything to do with success of the team, then he has nothing to do with the failure either. Fire Manning and Elway, if you want to win a Super Bowl so badly. According to you they are the only ones that have anything to do with the team.

Oh, and lets not forget the Playoff win with Tebow. Clearly Manning did all that.

Get NO credit when he wins, get all the blame when he loses. Got it.

BroncoBeavis
02-05-2014, 09:24 AM
I like Foxy. I really do.

But everyone giving him so much credit for where we are... it reminds me of that scene in Elf where Walter's team needs the best idea of their careers to save all their jobs and all they come up with is "We Bring in Miles Finch!"

Does anyone really believe Foxy's really responsible for the insane offensive output?

Totally against everything Foxy's built around. I guess you could give him credit for flexibility. But he's nothing like a driving force with this current team. He's along for the ride.

bronco militia
02-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Sounded like he wasn't playing around after the Seattle preseason game as well. I guess this time, he's REALLY not playing around.

Watch out!

LOL

http://d104xtrw2rzoau.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/yelling.gif

Gutless Drunk
02-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Another seattle player making a statement that our players gave up.

When it's a beatdown of that magnitude, an opposing teams HC saying " we felt we could beat the crud out of those guys " players saying the team just gave up. Our players saying seattle wanted it more. That's on the coaches mentality and atmosphere he brings to the team. Not too ****ing shabby is not good enough.

On radio today Vic Lombardi said one veteran player was "disgusted" with the teams attitude prior to and after the game. Laissez faire is the phrase he used.

This teams mental issues supersedes any positional/tactical issues

Arkie
02-05-2014, 09:39 AM

Fox has no authority to bring in personnel so the McDaniel stink was swept clean by Elway and his scout teams, along with Sullivan and Russell.

It depends on where we spend all those millions tied up in Peyton. Fox had successful teams without Peyton, but together they are the #1 seed every year.

BroncoBeavis
02-05-2014, 09:42 AM
and this is not lost in Elways eyes either

If it is or isn't, it effectively doesn't matter.

Foxy's not going anywhere.

And in some ways Elway's in the same USS Manning boat Foxy is.

Rabb
02-05-2014, 09:44 AM
If it is or isn't, it effectively doesn't matter.

Foxy's not going anywhere.

And in some ways Elway's in the same USS Manning boat Foxy is.

"There is no plan B"

- Not too shabby

24champ
02-05-2014, 09:49 AM
On radio today Vic Lombardi said one veteran player was "disgusted" with the teams attitude prior to and after the game. Laissez faire is the phrase he used.

This teams mental issues supersedes any positional/tactical issues

I guarantee you it was Champ Bailey who said that.

Requiem
02-05-2014, 09:52 AM

Him or Paris Lenon since they are both about 43.

OldschoolFreak
02-05-2014, 10:00 AM
The thing is, Manning and Fox don't complement each other well. Fox is obviously a nice guy and in the right situation, I suppose he could be a good fit for a team that had it's own fiery leadership on the field. But this is not that team.

Manning is the greatest technician of the QB craft but there is something to the idea that he's pouty, not fiery enough, not an ingame leader, etc. I'm not throwing him under the bus because he is our best player and our best shot for the foreseeable future. However, recognizing his limitations instead of sticking heads in the sand would be a good thing.

If Manning can't rally the troops in real time while facing adversity, someone else needs to be around to do that. He is not the firebrand motivator that Brady/Roethlisberger/Rodgers/Rivers are so the coaching staff needs to provide that since it's such an important factor in gameday adaptation.

BroncoBeavis
02-05-2014, 10:08 AM
I disagree with that....did you not see the Texans game Peyton chewed them out and boom the rest is in the history books

I think the reason we didn't see that Sunday is because PFM was arguably the biggest effup on the field.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-05-2014, 10:20 AM
So yet another player comes out reinforcing my point that Fox was just content on being there. The game was a formality to this team. DRC and Welker coming out with comments, and now a "veteran player".

But just getting to the Super Bowl was not too shabby. **** fox.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-05-2014, 10:22 AM
well then if that's the cenus then I say Peyton needs to go somewhere else and win a super bowl and see where you get without him . Bet he wins before you do

I'm one of Mannings biggest supporters but I saw him struggle this game. It wasn't a classic Manning performance.

BroncoBeavis
02-05-2014, 10:22 AM
well then if that's the cenus then I say Peyton needs to go somewhere else and win a super bowl and see where you get without him . Bet he wins before you do

Cenus? Sounds kinda dirty. Not sure if in a good or bad way. :)

BroncoBeavis
02-05-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm one of Mannings biggest supporters but I saw him struggle this game. It wasn't a classic Manning performance.

It was a straw man argument anyway. You don't have to believe Manning should retire to acknowledge he had maybe the worst playoff performance of his career.

R8R H8R
02-05-2014, 10:28 AM
I think the reason we didn't see that Sunday is because PFM was arguably the biggest effup on the field.

This. The whole team is dependent on Manning having a good to great game for the team to win. It is way too dependent on one guy.

That is as much Elway's responsibility as it is Fox's. Why isn't Elway taking any heat for this? He built this team.

...and Gase. Why is he getting a pass for this debacle? The highest scoring offense in NFL history laid the biggest egg ever in the SB, and I don't hear anyone ripping him.

Everyone ****ed up, people. Everyone!

Arkie
02-05-2014, 10:31 AM
about as dirty as putting the soul blame on Peyton...

The entire team should be blamed for ripping out our souls.

BroncoBeavis
02-05-2014, 10:32 AM
about as dirty as putting the soul blame on Peyton...

soul blame? No need to bring displays of penitence into it. :)

I didn't give him all the blame. Just said it's tough to give the "Come on guys, get your **** together" pep talk. after they just watched their opponents score 14 consecutive points off your own panic-fueled turnovers.

huh??
02-05-2014, 10:33 AM

Which veteran is most likely to use the term, "laissez-faire"?

go_broncos
02-05-2014, 10:34 AM
This. The whole team is dependent on Manning having a good to great game for the team to win. It is way too dependent on one guy.

That is as much Elway's responsibility as it is Fox's. Why isn't Elway taking any heat for this? He built this team.

...and Gase. Why is he getting a pass for this debacle? The highest scoring offense in NFL history laid the biggest egg ever in the SB, and I don't hear anyone ripping him.

As i said, there is no leader on this team. One leader is not sufficient. There should be multiple of them if we want to overcome the adversity.

Added to that Fox also doesn't display any leadership skills.
It's even amazing that we are able to reach to SB this season.

I feel we should get Rex Ryan type of coach.He shows passion.unfortunately, he doesn't have any players.

Powderaddict
02-05-2014, 10:36 AM
I feel we should get Rex Ryan type of coach.He shows passion.unfortunately, he doesn't have any players.

Ugh.

go_broncos
02-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Ugh.

He won games with Sanchez.As i said, he started losing players and couldn't overcome. Also, it's difficult to coach in New York. He will be perfect in Denver.

OldschoolFreak
02-05-2014, 10:51 AM

Agreed, and I'm not implying that he gets a pass. BUT....seems like the leadership/coaching should have recognized the fact that he was struggling early because of the pressure and found a way to adjust. It is scary that if Manning struggles (NE, 31pt second half), the team just gets a deer in the headlights look and hopes he starts to play better.

The early struggles were obvious to all of us, you've got to know the team sees it too. So guys, somebody step up and do something to shake them. I don't see anyone on the team (including coaches) that has this role.

Durango
02-05-2014, 10:54 AM
I guess I'm paddling upstream on this one, but I think Fox represents stability and absolutely should remain here for the time being.

There just isn't any obvious replacement out there right now, and despite the bonehead 'not too shabby' comment, Fox has put together an excellent staff that should keep the Broncos in the hunt for the entirety of the Peyton Manning tenure.

Broncomutt
02-05-2014, 10:57 AM
I'm on the fence about Fox, but:

took him 11 years to have back to back winning season
1-8 on challenges
played for overtime against the Ravens
coached one of the worst SB performances ever

But I also see the "You don't change a horse in mid-stream" argument.

Living here in Charlotte, when Rivera's job status was shaky, nobody pined for the good ole Fox days. He's not reviled here, but he surely isn't missed either.

Powderaddict
02-05-2014, 10:58 AM
I think part of the problem is that the Broncos got down early, and at that point couldn't really waste time establishing a run game. They needed chunks of yards and points.

They got punched in the face, early and often, and never recovered. They seemed unsettled, and ill prepared.

I don't just blame the coaches, just blame Manning, just blame the players. This was a collective group effort suck.

OldschoolFreak
02-05-2014, 11:25 AM
I guess I'm paddling upstream on this one, but I think Fox represents stability and absolutely should remain here for the time being.

There just isn't any obvious replacement out there right now, and despite the bonehead 'not too shabby' comment, Fox has put together an excellent staff that should keep the Broncos in the hunt for the entirety of the Peyton Manning tenure.

You know, coming out of the Teebs/McD era that was certainly true. He brings good stability to stop a freakshow of horrors type situation and is certainly good enough to ride a HOF QB to 12 wins. But I don't see him bringing that contribution that gets the team past the NFL's elite through inspired performance, scheme, situational aplomb, player motivation, or in game adjustment.

He has righted the ship but isn't capable of leading the next step in the evolution. This team is no longer so fragile that they have to worry about not accidently going 4-12. This is a playoff team that needs a coach that can take them to the next level.

yerner
02-05-2014, 11:36 AM
Elway won't have the balls to fire this loser Fox. He needs to go hire a real defensive head coach. Oh, and **** JDR. Dudes a poser. Should be a position coach

whoeey
02-05-2014, 01:38 PM

Agreed! What does this make now 37 SB losses for Elway?

I'm getting to the point that I hope PFM leaves the Broncos. The Broncos deserve someone with a "big" arm and 37% completion rating. You cant lose the SB if you don't make it and after PFM the Broncos won't have to worry about losing them.

uplink
02-05-2014, 02:52 PM
How does this compare to the other broncos superbowl blow outs? I was too young to see the 1st one against Dallas. This year it seemed the broncos didn't do anything against seattle until the very end of the third quarter. I do remember they were at least competitive against the giants for awhile in the beginning. I though they were whipping the skins in the beginning, I was watching it with some of their fans and they were even giving up in the 1st quarter. Then the second quarter blowout loss to the skins. The 49ers were just so good that year the broncos lost to them in the SB, a blowout was expected.

This year was like the 49ers in the degree of the complete blow out loss, but I don't think the seahawks were a really really good team like the 49ers were with Montana that year. This one was hard to take this year kind of like the skins game when I expected a broncos win.

Agamemnon
02-05-2014, 03:17 PM
How does this compare to the other broncos superbowl blow outs?

It's worse. Those teams were generally underdogs as I recall.

BroncoBeavis
02-05-2014, 03:27 PM
It's worse. Those teams were generally underdogs as I recall.

Not against the skins.

We got fairly handled by the Giants, but at least we were game for the first half or so. Plus nobody expected Denver to win that game.

The next year though, we were favored. And then **** the bed.

Which, like I've said before, was when the 'chokers' mocking started. SF only magnified it.

Agamemnon
02-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Not against the skins.

We got fairly handled by the Giants, but at least we were game for the first half or so. Plus nobody expected Denver to win that game.

The next year though, we were favored. And then **** the bed.

Which, like I've said before, was when the 'chokers' mocking started. SF only magnified it.

So I guess it's pretty comparable to the Redskins Super Bowl. The 49ers Super Bowl we were definitely the underdog.

stoxman
02-05-2014, 06:49 PM
One last thing about Fox then I'll shut up as it doesn't matter what the fans think, he is going to get an extension and it will be longer than I or many of us will want to see.

I'm not real pleased with his response to the question about the "noise level" affecting the team. He flat out stated that the noise HAD NO IMPACT.

Bull****. Tired of the coachspeak, tired of the half-truths and lies and generalities he speaks in and his lack of "fire". That said, we are stuck with him and I wish him and us all the best to winning it all next year. That will be very dependent on Elway and his men in the FO killing FA and the draft!

Agamemnon
02-05-2014, 07:13 PM
One last thing about Fox then I'll shut up as it doesn't matter what the fans think, he is going to get an extension and it will be longer than I or many of us will want to see.

I'm not real pleased with his response to the question about the "noise level" affecting the team. He flat out stated that the noise HAD NO IMPACT.

Bull****. Tired of the coachspeak, tired of the half-truths and lies and generalities he speaks in and his lack of "fire". That said, we are stuck with him and I wish him and us all the best to winning it all next year. That will be very dependent on Elway and his men in the FO killing FA and the draft!

Short of divine intervention we aren't winning the Super Bowl if Fox remains our coach. You know it's true.

Cito Pelon
02-05-2014, 07:26 PM
soul blame? No need to bring displays of penitence into it. :)

I didn't give him all the blame. Just said it's tough to give the "Come on guys, get your **** together" pep talk. after they just watched their opponents score 14 consecutive points off your own panic-fueled turnovers.

Yeah, that's a good point. That's where a stud HC steps in and says don't be pointing fingers at anybody else, you get your ass out there and make some plays, don't worry about what anybody else is f'ing up, you get your ass out there and make a name for yourself in the biggest game of your life . . . . .

maher_tyler
02-05-2014, 08:51 PM

Only way he's extended is if we win the SB. He might just retire though along with Manning. Gase will be our next head coach. After this loss and the Ravens loss last year I can't see JE giving this guy an extension because I agree completely with your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. Players are also speaking out. Players saying noise was a factor and Fox saying it wasn't. Not good.

stoxman
02-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Only way he's extended is if we win the SB. He might just retire though along with Manning. Gase will be our next head coach. After this loss and the Ravens loss last year I can't see JE giving this guy an extension because I agree completely with your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. Players are also speaking out. Players saying noise was a factor and Fox saying it wasn't. Not good.

Everything I'm reading from Lammey and Rapaport say they are going to extend him soon.

Tombstone RJ
02-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Elway won't have the balls to fire this loser Fox. He needs to go hire a real defensive head coach. Oh, and **** JDR. Dudes a poser. Should be a position coach

I kinda agree with you here. I'm not impressed with JDR either. Some people here say fire Fox and hire JDR and I think that kind of move, at best, is a lateral move that will accomplish nothing.

Tombstone RJ
02-05-2014, 10:40 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif

DenverBound
02-06-2014, 12:23 AM
I thought about it for awhile after I watched the press conference and this is why I think Elway is going to keep him there limited coaching yes I agree with you. Elway talked about the window its a window both for Peyton and the organization to win the SB. he knows Peyton is the best shot that they have...with that said Elway wants the players coach to a degree the market on coaches right now well not much to choose from so Elway likes the results not all but some of the results he gets from Fox BUT HE KEPT STRESSING DEFENSE I FORESEE DEL RIO MOVING MORE TO THE FOREFRONT then Gase and Peyton doing more with the offense and Fox more like the cheerleader and Elway calling the shots in the headset on when to challenge and all that stuff

This has to be the dumbest **** I've ever read. Congrats. Keep up the good work.

ColoradoDarin
02-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Everything I'm reading from Lammey and Rapaport say they are going to extend him soon.

He will get extended. Coaches almost never go into a season as a lame duck coach (contract up at the end of the year).

ScottXray
02-06-2014, 07:21 AM
I kinda agree with you here. I'm not impressed with JDR either. Some people here say fire Fox and hire JDR and I think that kind of move, at best, is a lateral move that will accomplish nothing.

I think Del Rio would be somewhat of a lateral move, but when he was subbing for Fox this year, he also KNEW Fox would be back soon. So he couldn't put HIS stamp on things to any real degree. He actually had the team playing a little better, and had them well ahead of NE in the first half, and then the O started to turn the ball over and DRC got hurt. The wheels fell off. But Denver was dominating NE in FOXBORO, something that was unheard of the last ten years.

I think Del Rio would be a step up in coaching intensity, and also would shift more focus on to the Defense , from our Nintendo , pinball , passing Offense.
Guaranteed he would know we need a true MLB, and GET one.

Fox is staying for now. But if Elway gives him an extension after that performance I will be pissed. At most two years extension , that can be negated with almost no penalty after one , just so he's not a "lame duck" , and not at a premium pay. Frankly , he hasn't earned it.

The whole team took on Foxs attitude....."Wow , I had Open heart surgery and I'm still here...And I'm going to the superbowl. It's good to be alive....I'm satisfied just being here!"

Tombstone RJ
02-06-2014, 07:44 PM
I think Del Rio would be somewhat of a lateral move, but when he was subbing for Fox this year, he also KNEW Fox would be back soon. So he couldn't put HIS stamp on things to any real degree. He actually had the team playing a little better, and had them well ahead of NE in the first half, and then the O started to turn the ball over and DRC got hurt. The wheels fell off. But Denver was dominating NE in FOXBORO, something that was unheard of the last ten years.

I think Del Rio would be a step up in coaching intensity, and also would shift more focus on to the Defense , from our Nintendo , pinball , passing Offense.
Guaranteed he would know we need a true MLB, and GET one.

Fox is staying for now. But if Elway gives him an extension after that performance I will be pissed. At most two years extension , that can be negated with almost no penalty after one , just so he's not a "lame duck" , and not at a premium pay. Frankly , he hasn't earned it.

The whole team took on Foxs attitude....."Wow , I had Open heart surgery and I'm still here...And I'm going to the superbowl. It's good to be alive....I'm satisfied just being here!"

the question is, does he even want the job? HC has a lot more pressure...

ScottXray
02-07-2014, 08:18 AM
These guys ( nfl coaches) have led their entire lives in a competitive
environment. Taking over is part of their nature. More pressure is
something they strive to attain and succeed at.
I don't think Del Rio would turn it down if it was offered.