PDA

View Full Version : For those idiots who want to cut Manning

broncosteven
02-03-2014, 07:21 PM
He would be $22Mill in dead money with a $17 Mill cap hit in 2014.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning/

Like it or not it is insane to be rash and say "lets Fire Fox and Cut Manning!" especially when his cap # is that high.

For the record it drops to $5 Mill in 2015 and $2.5 Mill in 2016 with Cap hits of $21.5 Mill each year. It is clear just by the way they structured his deal that this was a 4-5 year rebuild all along.

Get that BS out of your heads and move on.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I've pretty much ignored the clowns wanting manning gone. This was a 5 win team(and that's being generous) without him.

stoxman
02-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I can understand (very well I might add) the venting and taking some of the anger out on Peyton who did not play well last night but any suggestion of cutting him is madness.

Anyone know if Peyton RETIRES what, if any, cap ramification would result?

DomCasual
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I wonder what fans from other teams think when they come on here and see non-satirical threads, arguing the benefits for cutting Peyton Manning.

Idiots, indeed.

theAPAOps5
02-03-2014, 07:40 PM
I can understand (very well I might add) the venting and taking some of the anger out on Peyton who did not play well last night but any suggestion of cutting him is madness.

Money isn't owed to him. NFL has no guaranteed contracts.

broncosteven
02-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Money isn't owed to him. NFL has no guaranteed contracts.

I found this, looks like if he retired he would still be owed $20 Mill? Not sure but it is a good break down:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_20213659/peyton-mannings-deal-broncos-5-years-96-million

The first year of Peyton Manning's five-year $96 million contract with the Broncos is guaranteed for $18 million, but another $40 million will be guaranteed if he passes a physical showing his neck if sound after the first year, according to an NFL source.

If Manning passes that neck exam, another $20 million will be guaranteed in 2013 and an additional $20 million will be guaranteed for 2014. If he fails the physical for a reason other than the neck injury, the money will still be guaranteed. The remaining money in the contract, which is not guaranteed, would be $38 million through 2015 and 2016, when Manning would be 41 years old.

Peyton Manning clearly made concessions for his neck issue. The breakdown of his contract, according to multiple NFL sources:

2012: $18 million, fully guaranteed.

2013: $20 million, everything guaranteed unless there is a neck issue.

2014: $20 million, everything guaranteed except for neck.

2015: $19 million, not guaranteed.

2016: $19 million, not guaranteed.

Total: 5 years, $96 million; $58 million in guarantees; $18 million in full guarantee. He had a $26.4 million full first-year guarantee in his previous contract with the Colts, so he did drastically reduce his asking price.

Read more: Peyton Manning's $96 million deal with Broncos includes neck injury clause - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_20213659/peyton-mannings-deal-broncos-5-years-96-million#ixzz2sJzcL2d0
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

errand
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Screw these dumb asses.....

I wouldn't blame him if he retired and screwed the Broncos cap after reading all the ignorant stupid whiny little ****s in here calling for him to be cut.....I'm beginning to think jay cutler was right.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-03-2014, 07:54 PM
You just have to be a low information football fan to want to cut PFM.

nyuk nyuk
02-03-2014, 11:55 PM
The same ass clowns wanted Elway traded after the 3 Super Bowl losses in the 80s, fully convinced he was the problem.

Just ignore them.

Action
02-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Screw these dumb asses.....

I wouldn't blame him if he retired and screwed the Broncos cap after reading all the ignorant stupid whiny little ****s in here calling for him to be cut.....I'm beginning to think jay cutler was right.

Jay Cutler has always been right. Matter of fact, Jay Cutler was being fairly generous. :rofl:

This is how you treat the QB that has won 26 games and a Super Bowl appearance in the two 2 seasons he's been here.

Peyton Manning has brought more success to the Denver Broncos since he's been here than we've had since the last super bowl win. That was like 14 years ago from when he came?

Cut him! Retire!

- Anonymous Broncos fan

Representing Broncos real well with how you people deal with losses.

HELLHAMMER
02-04-2014, 12:25 AM
He doesn't need to be cut. He just needs to take a pay cut so the broncos can go about signing the right players to win a SB. It's clear Manning can't win a SB by himself. Champ needs to take a pay cut as well for the same reason.

BroncoMan4ever
02-04-2014, 01:00 AM
He would be $22Mill in dead money with a $17 Mill cap hit in 2014.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/peyton-manning/

Like it or not it is insane to be rash and say "lets Fire Fox and Cut Manning!" especially when his cap # is that high.

For the record it drops to $5 Mill in 2015 and $2.5 Mill in 2016 with Cap hits of $21.5 Mill each year. It is clear just by the way they structured his deal that this was a 4-5 year rebuild all along.

Get that BS out of your heads and move on.

i thought his deal was guaranteed year 1. years 2 and 3 became guaranteed pending the results of a physical and that after year 3 if he failed his physical or the team wanted to move on they could do so without any money owed.

Blueflame
02-04-2014, 01:44 AM
It's as predictable as clockwork -- a disappointing loss = "x" number of posters (and they know who they are) posting multiple threads advocating firing every coach and cutting every player, letting every FA walk. Bluster and venting -- much sound and fury signifying nothing.

We'll be right back in the mix next season -- hopefully with far fewer key injuries.

Arkie
02-04-2014, 03:59 AM

It's crazy that he got us to the Super Bowl in the 2nd year of the plan. We'll be top Super Bowl contenders for the next three years if Manning comes back healthy. I was against paying one person so much, but I also wasn't expecting two 13-3 seasons, a MVP (two MVPs, one unanimous in my mind), and a trip to the Super Bowl. Let's see where this journey goes from here. It would be dumb to cut a 5 time MVP & SB MVP after the best season of his career. Elway knows Peyton feels better than he did when he came back after '96 and won two Super Bowls.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 04:01 AM
He doesn't need to be cut. He just needs to take a pay cut so the broncos can go about signing the right players to win a SB. It's clear Manning can't win a SB by himself. Champ needs to take a pay cut as well for the same reason.

for what its worth in Indy he took wanted to keep E. James and M.Harrison when the team had reached cap or was going to trade them, I don't remember which one it was. He paid half of their salaries in order to keep them there. so...I could see him doing just that to get the defense or whatever the key element it is that it will take to get it done. He came here to win championships. He and Elway are on the same page as far as the here and now.

B-Large
02-04-2014, 05:05 AM
I've pretty much ignored the clowns wanting manning gone. This was a 5 win team(and that's being generous) without him.

Maybe that is part of the problem. We have all our apples in the Manning cart, when he gets shut down by good teams, this Broncos team is a rudderless mess.

I propose exhibit A- Sunday February 2nd, 2014

I don't think anybody with any sense of reality thinks he should be cut.... But people are beginning to question whether the Broncos are best served by another year of "Peyton All In".... He's a large part of our cap, I think that fact always requires a good examination. 45-8 supports that notion.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 06:27 AM
If the goal is to win a Superbowl, I don't understand the logic of cutting the guy who is most responsible for getting your team there.

rmsanger
02-04-2014, 06:29 AM
I really question the logic of people wanting him gone. I really don't think we have a better shot of winning the SB with him than this year (e.g. so we aint' winning it) but he's better than any other foreseeable option in the near future.

B-Large
02-04-2014, 06:33 AM
If the goal is to win a Superbowl, I don't understand the logic of cutting the guy who is most responsible for getting your team there.

Does Peyton Manning and the style of game he runs beat the best teams in the NFC?... if Elways is convined it does, we hold tight for a few years... If not, there are more difficult questions ahead. I don't think much will change and we will double down with Manning, which isn't a bad bet my any means. It is rather aprapos we play the NFCW next season- probably good, it will make this squad more battle tested.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 06:34 AM

LOGIC WHAT LOGIC...:rofl::rofl:

DENVERDUI55
02-04-2014, 07:09 AM
It is the GO_BRONCOS idiot. He has wanted Manning gone since Day 1. Go figure the guy only became a football fan a few years ago.

OABB
02-04-2014, 08:09 AM

That's odd.... You swore they carried tebow to 8-8.

Broncos_OTM
02-04-2014, 09:53 AM

I don't want to cut manning just to be upfront. I do know that the broncos after last season made everything this year garunteed... next year not to sure

go_broncos
02-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Manning gets rattled easily..time to retire..enough of this ****

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Manning gets rattled easily..time to retire..enough of this ****

and they said this to ELWAY AND LOOK

broncocalijohn
02-04-2014, 11:15 AM
You just have to be a low information football fan to want to cut PFM.

and then blog on their myspace account.

DENVERDUI55
02-04-2014, 12:08 PM
and they said this to ELWAY AND LOOK

That was long before the guy was a fan. He is clueless what your saying means.

mhgaffney
02-04-2014, 12:20 PM
and to think we could have drafted Wilson on the cheap.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 12:22 PM

He'd be sitting on the sidelines and we'd all be asking the exact same questions we are now?

broncocalijohn
02-04-2014, 12:39 PM
He'd be sitting on the sidelines and we'd all be asking the exact same questions we are now?

No, McGoofey wants Manning gone and everyone else. He wants Wilson over Manning. Probably never wanted Manning to begin with and was sad Tebow was let go for Manning.

broncocalijohn
02-04-2014, 12:43 PM
That's odd.... You swore they carried tebow to 8-8.

AFC West is stronger by all 3 other teams. When we won it with Tebow, that was one dog **** of a division.

HorseHead
02-04-2014, 12:43 PM
I hope Peyton pulls a Testaverde and plays till like he's 50. I know, Testaverde was a physically superior athlete, blah, blah...

But I do hope for dos mas anos with Senor Forehead Grande...

BroncoBen
02-04-2014, 12:52 PM

Yeah, what sealed it for me was talking to a Bronco Fan here at work.. he thinks Manning is done and the best thing for the Broncos to do would be to go out and re-sign Tebow.

That Tebow brings leadership and that if Manning would take the time and teach him, the Broncos would be unstoppable.

If that didn't make you laugh...

I asked.. well Manning would be gone if he was done, who would Tebow learn from.. his answer.. John Elway.

OKAY... now back to reality.

broncosteven
02-04-2014, 05:50 PM

He was drafted in the 3rd round AFTER they had spent big bucks to bring in Matt Flynn from GB.

Carroll used his experience playing against him when he was coaching in college to burn a 3rd round pick on him.

There were a lot of other teams that were DESPERATE for a QB who didn't take him either. I bet if Carroll didn't have that experience at the college level he doesn't risk it either.

Face it the D won that game, Wilson didn't **** it up, our D didn't challenge him at all.

Like John said today, we are one step closer to the goal, no need to blow everything up and hope we can get just as lucky when there are teams like the Vikings and Raiders still looking for a QB in the draft.

Address the D so they can force punts and get off the field, give Manning a legit run game and Boom SB...WIN!

Gutless Drunk
02-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Address the D so they can force punts and get off the field, give Manning a legit run game and Boom SB...WIN!

Yeah and force some friggin' turnovers so if the offense is struggling they can have a short field. Thanks to Trindon it seems every drive has to be 15 play 90 damn yards. I guess that **** is too hard against a team like Seattle because it's too hard to beat that defense 15 times.

eddie mac
02-05-2014, 07:08 PM
If Manning decided to hang them up this offseason we'd be on the books for $7.5m in dead caproom, because we accidentally pushed $10m of his base salary back last year when we redid his deal for insurance purposes. Yes I'm not joking about that because the move was made well after we'd signed our free agent/rookie class.

BTW, if a player retires their base salary guaranteed or not comes off the books, only remaining prorated signing bonus counts as dead room.

DENVERDUI55
02-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Face it the D won that game, Wilson didn't **** it up, our D didn't challenge him at all.

I'd like to say that but Wilson did his best Phil Simms impression. He picked up several 3rd downs when Denver blew up Lynch on the first 2 downs. Seattle never punted until the 4th.

Wes Mantooth
02-05-2014, 09:05 PM

And do what? Wilson does not beat that D.

ZONA
02-06-2014, 01:01 AM
Manning choked in this Superbowl. He didn't get alot of help but there were alot of guys open that he simply missed. That said, he's still our best chance at getting back and hopefully winning 1 or 2 in the next 2 years. We just have to modify the offense a little I think and not be so dependent on the pass. Just as we did with Elway back in 96/97/98, we built a physical running team and Elway supplemented that with his passing attack. It was a well balanced offense but it was equipped to be smash mouth when we needed it to be. Have to be a little lucky too. We had so many damn major injuries this past year it wasn't even funny. And then you look at a team like Seattle, who virtually had a full and healthy roster for the Superbowl.

TonyR
02-06-2014, 06:15 AM
An article for "those idiots":

http://www.footballperspective.com/peyton-mannings-legacy/

Today’s post is not written to make you feel bad for Peyton Manning. You should not. But the question that has been repeatedly asked over the last three weeks – What is Peyton Manning’s legacy? – is one that is easy to answer. His legacy is that he’s the greatest quarterback ever. That’s not a very exciting answer in the world of #HOTTAKES, but it’s the truth.

Wes Mantooth
02-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Manning choked in this Superbowl. He didn't get alot of help but there were alot of guys open that he simply missed. That said, he's still our best chance at getting back and hopefully winning 1 or 2 in the next 2 years. We just have to modify the offense a little I think and not be so dependent on the pass. Just as we did with Elway back in 96/97/98, we built a physical running team and Elway supplemented that with his passing attack. It was a well balanced offense but it was equipped to be smash mouth when we needed it to be. Have to be a little lucky too. We had so many damn major injuries this past year it wasn't even funny. And then you look at a team like Seattle, who virtually had a full and healthy roster for the Superbowl.

Was it that Safety or the kick return that cemented his choke status?

go_broncos
02-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Was it that Safety or the kick return that cemented his choke status?

Well..after the safety and before the Kick Return..what did our so called "Greatest QB in history" did?

He did nothing..once manning gets rattled, he doesn't go through his progressions like he normally does.
He becomes very average QB..feels pressure when it's not there..throws interceptions..

Dumervil is correct..Flacco/Eli are much better QB's in postseason than manning.

We can't trust manning once playoff starts. Need to load the team on defense as that's the only way to win playoff games.

By now, Elway might have understood and i believe he will go after D in draft and free agency.

Wes Mantooth
02-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Well..after the safety and before the Kick Return..what did our so called "Greatest QB in history" did?

He did nothing..once manning gets rattled, he doesn't go through his progressions like he normally does.
He becomes very average QB..feels pressure when it's not there..throws interceptions..

Dumervil is correct..Flacco/Eli are much better QB's in postseason than manning.

We can't trust manning once playoff starts. Need to load the team on defense as that's the only way to win playoff games.

By now, Elway might have understood and i believe he will go after D in draft and free agency.

That is right, because everything in football always comes down to the execution of one player. Like that time he threw a pick with a DE on his arm.

Granted he made mistakes, but to say he "choked" is an oversimplification and a cop out. the whole freakin team choked.

ScottXray
02-06-2014, 08:05 AM
That is right, because everything in football always comes down to the execution of one player. Like that time he threw a pick with a DE on his arm.

Granted he made mistakes, but to say he "choked" is an oversimplification and a cop out. the whole freakin team choked.

Agree that this was a TEAM loss. But Manning did not do anything that changed that equation. He was the team leader and he set the tone by getting rattled early, along with everyone else. When He failed to execute the rest of the team took his cues, and no one played to their potential.

BroncoBeavis
02-06-2014, 08:29 AM

The execution of the QB is pretty damn important. QB's can easily lose you a game, even if they can't necessarily win it by themselves.

Not that I think Manning could've drug that comatose team to anything other than a more respectable loss.

And Manning was still at fault when he threw that pass. It's not like it was blindside or anything. He knew what was coming and decided to roll the dice. We all know he hates taking a sack, but there's a time and a place for doing so.

cutthemdown
02-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Why get mad at people who are just venting. Obvioulsy Manning can't/won't/will never be cut by the Broncos lol.

GreatBronco16
02-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah, what sealed it for me was talking to a Bronco Fan here at work.. he thinks Manning is done and the best thing for the Broncos to do would be to go out and re-sign Tebow.

That Tebow brings leadership and that if Manning would take the time and teach him, the Broncos would be unstoppable.

If that didn't make you laugh...

I asked.. well Manning would be gone if he was done, who would Tebow learn from.. his answer.. John Elway.

OKAY... now back to reality.

Was it bring your kid to work day and you talked to a co-workers 3 year old?

cutthemdown
02-06-2014, 08:32 AM
I love and miss Tebow, but he can't throw a football very well. Still beating Steelers in playoffs was an exciting game, and an exciting year I will never forget.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-06-2014, 08:42 AM
When one or 2 players choke in the Super Bowl it's on them.

When an entire team chokes that's on coaching.

BroncoBeavis
02-06-2014, 08:45 AM
When one or 2 players choke in the Super Bowl it's on them.

When an entire team chokes that's on coaching.

Some people can use motivation or preparation as an excuse. Especially young ones.

That excuse cannot be used for Manning though.

Wes Mantooth
02-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Agree that this was a TEAM loss. But Manning did not do anything that changed that equation. He was the team leader and he set the tone by getting rattled early, along with everyone else. When He failed to execute the rest of the team took his cues, and no one played to their potential.

That I agree with. To pin on him (I.e. Thinking we should cut him) because of his SB performance is a joke.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-06-2014, 09:21 AM
I love and miss Tebow, but he can't throw a football very well. Still beating Steelers in playoffs was an exciting game, and an exciting year I will never forget.

TLDR