PDA

View Full Version : Just so you guys know

extralife
02-03-2014, 08:15 PM
we do play the Seahawks (and Niners) in the regular season next year. so we will get some idea if we're even in the same stratosphere as them before the playoffs start and we have to worry about whether we'd just **** the bed in the super bowl again.

it's even possible that that game will open the season, though I'd put my money on Seahawks-Niners.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Ughhh... Hearing that TNF opener will be us @ Seattle. Yuck

ZONA
02-03-2014, 09:46 PM
We won't have nearly half our starters out and on IR so I would feel somewhat better. Also, Superbowl winning teams get picked apart like robins at a worm farm. They got their ring, now many of those guys will want to get paid and leave. Happens every year.

bpc
02-03-2014, 09:51 PM
The sooner we can play them, the better.

Elway has a big offseason ahead of us. He needs to gear this team up to be better at run blocking, so he can balance this thing out. Until we do that, will be hard to win any championships.

Forward thinking, I think we will hold our own against the NFC West. I know it's easy to pile on the Broncos because they got stomped but I wanted SF to win the NFC Championship because I think we would have beat them. Again, if and buts at this juncture but I think we will do fine against the NFC West next year. I think we could drop a couple in the division, couple to #1 seeds, obviously Seattle will be tough. I think this team is 11-5, 10-6 next year because of the overall schedule. I think that will be good enough to win the AFC West but it might cost us home field advantage.

sgbfan
02-03-2014, 09:52 PM

Did I just start a rumor with my speculative thread, or is this elsewhere?

bronc_fan23
02-03-2014, 10:17 PM
We won't have nearly half our starters out and on IR so I would feel somewhat better. Also, Superbowl winning teams get picked apart like robins at a worm farm. They got their ring, now many of those guys will want to get paid and leave. Happens every year.

The core of this Seahawks team should be around at least another 2-3 years. Now it's up to them to see how they play with targets on their back. I wouldn't be shocked if they are in Arizona next year, no one should be.

strafen
02-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Just don't play them in orange uniforms...
We are 0-4 in Superbowls when wearing orange uniforms and we have been outscored 166-38
Weird piece of trivia

nyuk nyuk
02-04-2014, 12:56 AM
I love the schedule. It's awesome and great preparation to gauge our progress and ready us for the playoffs.

Action
02-04-2014, 12:58 AM
would rather play them mid-end season. It's fine, we'll probably have the 49ers too.

Wes Mantooth
02-04-2014, 01:00 AM
would rather play them mid-end season. It's fine, we'll probably have the 49ers too.

We play the entire West.

rolandftw
02-04-2014, 01:03 AM

Why would the NFL even want that game to be the opening game of the year? I'd push for San Francisco at Seattle or something like that.