PDA

View Full Version : Sherman: We knew what was coming

Gutless Drunk
02-03-2014, 06:58 PM
All we did was play situational football,” Sherman says. “We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.”

He demonstrates the signs Manning used for various routes, and says he and his teammates were calling out plays throughout the game and getting them right. “Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]… we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds,” Sherman says. “Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/03/richard-sherman-super-bowl-48-seattle-seahawks/

enjolras
02-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Absolute bull****.

They DID figure out how to exploit Beadles/Clark up front. There was nothing complex about it.

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 07:03 PM
when you win..you can talk anything.
as i said, there is no leader in this team.Did you see anyone from our team talk smack?.
We are soft .we make ton of mental mistakes.
Unfortunately, fox doesn't say anything to our players.
It's elway who got frustrated after preseason loss against SEA. I bet Fox didn't say a word.

I never heard players talk about Fox being frustrated. he is a nice person..unfortunately, it doesn't work in NFL.

rmsanger
02-03-2014, 07:03 PM
I believe him

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Oddly they didn't get any interceptions on all those routes they jumped. ::)

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 07:35 PM
I also think SEA players are using PEDs..If they are not, then there are a different specimens.

NFL should look into it.they are somehow not getting caught.

Gutless Drunk
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I also think SEA players are using PEDs..If they are not, then there are a different specimens.

Well they are getting caught -

Seahawks lead the league in PED suspensions since 2010

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/20/seahawks-lead-the-league-in-ped-suspensions-since-2010/

but I think they look at it like they do pass interference, if they do it all the time, they will get away with it most of the time.

Rausch 2.0
02-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I believe him

Don't let them win after the win.

****...you've lost 5 SB's.

You should be teaching us this $#it...

labronx
02-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Sherman got his ankles broken(or atleast twisted/sprained) by DT..He looked weak getting carted away..big hit to his all world rep..The whole "no leader on this team" concept is just either bad trolling or a football fan that jus doesn't get it..

bpc
02-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Rewatching the game right now. Peyton had a tough performance. Bad reads, poor time and mechanics. He owns a large part of this **** show we just watched.

Action
02-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Well they are getting caught -

Seahawks lead the league in PED suspensions since 2010

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/20/seahawks-lead-the-league-in-ped-suspensions-since-2010/

but I think they look at it like they do pass interference, if they do it all the time, they will get away with it most of the time.

Yeah, they're pretty much daring the refs to call it all game long because they know they won't **** up the game like that.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 10:24 PM
I find this kind of hard to believe. Or a great exaggeration is more likely

Action
02-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I find this kind of hard to believe. Or a great exaggeration is more likely

I do too. I think it was more of the dlineman getting pressure. Manning had absolutely no time to throw yesterday.

That pass to Julius Thomas on 3rd down is an easy completion with protection.

strafen
02-03-2014, 10:43 PM
We are 0-4 in Superbowls when wearing orange uniforms and we have been outscored 166-38
Weird piece of trivia

Biff Tannen
02-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Yeah, they're pretty much daring the refs to call it all game long because they know they won't **** up the game like that.

Nearly every team Denver played this year said this exact thing about the pick plays the receivers run.

bpc
02-03-2014, 11:11 PM

Watch Denver's 1st 2nd down play if the game where DT gets popped. Look at Maxwell, he literally grabs Welker and holds him for 10-12 yds, no call.

Action
02-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Nearly every team Denver played this year said this exact thing about the pick plays the receivers run.

The pick plays aren't illegal though. It is perfectly legal to run routes right next to each other.

Action
02-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Watch Denver's 1st 2nd down play if the game where DT gets popped. Look at Maxwell, he literally grabs Welker and holds him for 10-12 yds, no call.

Yup. JThomas ...same thing... and that one PI that should have been called on Earl Thomas when Manning was passing on Sea side of the field. Earl Thomas literally runs up out of no where to JThomas and stops his route... that was on a 3rd or 2nd down I forgot but would have put us in the red zone. Made contact and everything.

Earl Thomas put his hands up and refs didn't call squat.

Blart
02-04-2014, 12:32 AM
I hate how all season they'll call PI, but in the playoffs/SB the idea is "let them play"

How about some consistency?

Doggcow
02-04-2014, 12:35 AM
I hate how all season they'll call PI, but in the playoffs/SB the idea is "let them play"

Seattle has been doing this all season. Ask anyone in the NFC.

They mug receivers on every play because the refs won't throw the flag "every" time.

nyuk nyuk
02-04-2014, 12:50 AM
Seattle has been doing this all season. Ask anyone in the NFC.

They mug receivers on every play because the refs won't throw the flag "every" time.

They should. If they play like that, it seems they don't have much faith in this daunted LOB.

horsepower
02-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Yup. JThomas ...same thing... and that one PI that should have been called on Earl Thomas when Manning was passing on Sea side of the field. Earl Thomas literally runs up out of no where to JThomas and stops his route... that was on a 3rd or 2nd down I forgot but would have put us in the red zone. Made contact and everything.

Earl Thomas put his hands up and refs didn't call squat.

that was a massive no call, down 0-15, 3 mins left in the 2nd qtr would've been 1st and goal, at about the 5, a td there and its game on, the zebras show no consistency, the seahawks commited 10 defensive penalties, and still won comfortably, its like the refs have the attitude of , oh well there a physical defense, I saw loads of holding, in there secondary which never got called,

at the end of the day if that defense can keep up that level of play that team can repeat, but eventually the refs will clampdown on what they try to get away with.

no - other team in the nfl would have lived with the seahawks last night from the afc, it was a truly dominating defensive performance, but they pushed the boundarys on being legal....

horsepower
02-04-2014, 01:50 AM

exactly, its almost like a complete rule change, and change of attitude, which supports the team who live there life by playing illegally, every play someone on that seattle D was holding, there was late hits not called,it was farcical that a team can be that physical, and get away with it... rules are rules, wether its regular or postseason....

Action
02-04-2014, 02:51 AM
exactly, its almost like a complete rule change, and change of attitude, which supports the team who live there life by playing illegally, every play someone on that seattle D was holding, there was late hits not called,it was farcical that a team can be that physical, and get away with it... rules are rules, wether its regular or postseason....

Seahawks and 49ers play physical and tight all year around. Patriots tried to do the same **** with the holding but they're not built physical enough. Had they had their full line up it'd be a different story too.

Action
02-04-2014, 02:54 AM
that was a massive no call, down 0-15, 3 mins left in the 2nd qtr would've been 1st and goal, at about the 5, a td there and its game on, the zebras show no consistency, the seahawks commited 10 defensive penalties, and still won comfortably, its like the refs have the attitude of , oh well there a physical defense, I saw loads of holding, in there secondary which never got called,

at the end of the day if that defense can keep up that level of play that team can repeat, but eventually the refs will clampdown on what they try to get away with.

no - other team in the nfl would have lived with the seahawks last night from the afc, it was a truly dominating defensive performance, but they pushed the boundarys on being legal....

I agree. Huge play in the game.

How many times have you seen refs throw multiple defensive PI on the same possession? That's right, it's pretty damn rare.

Seahawks test these refs. If Manning makes a throw under 3 seconds to another side of the field, and there is holding on 1 side, refs won't call it since it's away from the play.

Seahawks have a formula, technique, mentality, to use the refs to their advantage. They know refs won't call PI more than a few times a game. If you were a ref and you saw the whole defense playing right on the line of legal/illegal every single play...how hard would it be for you to ref that game?

Exactly.

Remember, the refs are taught to manage the game and stay in the background...not dictate the outcome.

horsepower
02-04-2014, 03:22 AM
given that nfl network will need something to talk about, I wonder how long it will be before they start discussing this physical seahawks defense, and questions the legality of it, be interesting to see

Desi
02-04-2014, 03:44 AM

This is part of why "defense wins championships." They can get away with the things in the playoffs that they never would have gotten away with in the regular season. The Ravens last season were the perfect example of that. This is also why a strong running game is going to be very important for the Broncos next season.

But as also mentioned, the Seahawks play the same way during the season and get away with it. Which is why the offense needs to give it to them right back. I noticed in the game that the Seahawks kept going after the Broncos even after the whistle blow. Little hits and pushes just to be aggressive. They were especially doing it to Decker. Decker never did anything back. On the flipside, there were times where the Seahawks were mouthing off to Julius Thomas, and he looked like he was giving it right back. I think the Thomases have the potential to play with much more aggression and Welker has proven that he has no problem getting scrappy. Finding a Decker replacement with a Steve Smith style attitude and a bull-type RB would be a big boost.

Action
02-04-2014, 03:59 AM
This is part of why "defense wins championships." They can get away with the things in the playoffs that they never would have gotten away with in the regular season. The Ravens last season were the perfect example of that. This is also why a strong running game is going to be very important for the Broncos next season.

But as also mentioned, the Seahawks play the same way during the season and get away with it. Which is why the offense needs to give it to them right back. I noticed in the game that the Seahawks kept going after the Broncos even after the whistle blow. Little hits and pushes just to be aggressive. They were especially doing it to Decker. Decker never did anything back. On the flipside, there were times where the Seahawks were mouthing off to Julius Thomas, and he looked like he was giving it right back. I think the Thomases have the potential to play with much more aggression and Welker has proven that he has no problem getting scrappy. Finding a Decker replacement with a Steve Smith style attitude and a bull-type RB would be a big boost.

Give me Steve Smith and his attitude any day of the week.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S4XeL8cLjrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

About being physical...you know they say you can coach and practice x's and o's...you can't coach getting hit in the mouth though.

go_broncos
02-04-2014, 06:48 AM

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S4XeL8cLjrA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

About being physical...you know they say you can coach and practice x's and o's...you can't coach getting hit in the mouth though.

I agree..we need physical players both on offense and defense.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 06:51 AM
can we say SPYGATE...

AtlantaBronco
02-04-2014, 07:09 AM
I'll be honest, it very much seemed to me they were in our playbook all night. What's surprising is we didn't adjust and counter.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 07:15 AM
I'll be honest, it very much seemed to me they were in our playbook all night. What's surprising is we didn't adjust and counter.

Okay we are on the same page...this is what I know...even looking on the sidelines the o line sit there at what point in the season have you EVER seen Peyton and his boys sit instead of game planning EVEN WHEN THEY GOT THE TOUCH DOWN coming off of the field....I am just saying either they got a case of who gives a pooh or they just went plain Forrest Gump without the run part

WolfpackGuy
02-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Sherman was just stating the obvious.

They've pretty much ran the same stuff the last two years, and it's well known the best way to combat it is get to Manning and/or knock the receivers off their routes.

Denver should've put more thought into the pass protection because it was terrible.

B-Large
02-04-2014, 07:39 AM

So funny you mention Steve Smith. He was the guy I was thinking about in that first quarter thinking "who would give it back to these DB's"

Steve Smith

B-Large
02-04-2014, 07:40 AM

Manning is the best prepared NFL football player ever- I guess he didn't prepare for doing something that worked.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Manning is the best prepared NFL football player ever- I guess he didn't prepare for doing something that worked.

did any of them????? it was a mess from the start

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Sherman was just stating the obvious.

They've pretty much ran the same stuff the last two years, and it's well known the best way to combat it is get to Manning and/or knock the receivers off their routes.

Denver should've put more thought into the pass protection because it was terrible.

you know that to me this says it all.... COACH FOX KNEW THIS THE TALKING HEADS FOR 2 WEEKS TALKED ABOUT IT AND YET FOX DID WHAT....

yerner
02-04-2014, 07:44 AM
given that nfl network will need something to talk about, I wonder how long it will be before they start discussing this physical seahawks defense, and questions the legality of it, be interesting to see

They're supposed to discuss it at the owners meetings this year. Lots of complaints about it. Pretty good article in ESPN mag super bowl preview last week about the way Seattle doesn't care about PI.

B-Large
02-04-2014, 07:58 AM
did any of them????? it was a mess from the start

I am seriously concerned that Pete Carroll and Co. photo shopped Seahawks uniforms on Raiders game film and sent it to John Fox, overnight Priority Fed/Ex. That's who the Broncos looked like they were prepared to play.

I am still shocked by that performance, utterly shocked. I can't even watch ESPN in the afternoon at the gym, its hard to watch the analyst squim when talkign about the Broncos and that Super Bowl. They are embrassed for them.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 07:58 AM
They're supposed to discuss it at the owners meetings this year. Lots of complaints about it. Pretty good article in ESPN mag super bowl preview last week about the way Seattle doesn't care about PI.

I doubt nothing will change so it comes down to the broncos not pulling a Decker and looking for that flag and PUT IT BACK IN THE OPPONENTS FACE...aint no use in crying over split milk...we can sit around make excuses ALL DAY or we can suck it up and PLAY SOME BRONCO HARD NOSED FOOTBALL... this aint a girl sport and I am a girl...you want truth I could have got out there and played this past Sunday and had the same result COME ON MAN....ITS TIME TO GET DOWN TO BUSSINESS QUIT WISHING AND HOPEING AND LOOKING AT THE FOOTBALL GODS. ITS TIME FOR ELWAY AND THESE PLAYERS TO PUT ON THEIR BIG BOY PANTIES AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN..there aint nothing else to it...LETS PLAY DENVER BRONCOS FOOTBALL...WE LEAD THE OTHER TEAMS FOLLOW

broncolife
02-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Isn't this what people were saying about Balt. DBS last year in the playoffs? I think sanders said if the refs called the Super Bowl the same way as the playoffs we would lose. I think he also said how many times do you see back to back pi calls. So seatle would keep mugging the recievers even if something was called.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Isn't this what people were saying about Balt. DBS last year in the playoffs? I think sanders said if the refs called the Super Bowl the same way as the playoffs we would lose. I think he also said how many times do you see back to back pi calls. So seatle would keep mugging the recievers even if something was called.

YES SIR HE DID... you heard it I heard it WHY DID FOX NOT HEAR IT....

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 08:09 AM
I am seriously concerned that Pete Carroll and Co. photo shopped Seahawks uniforms on Raiders game film and sent it to John Fox, overnight Priority Fed/Ex. That's who the Broncos looked like they were prepared to play.

I am still shocked by that performance, utterly shocked. I can't even watch ESPN in the afternoon at the gym, its hard to watch the analyst squim when talkign about the Broncos and that Super Bowl. They are embrassed for them.

I feel what you are saying. even if there was truth in it nothing we can do. what we have to do is suck this embrassment up take it like a man and go get it done next year. there is no other answer.

WolfpackGuy
02-04-2014, 08:10 AM
you know that to me this says it all.... COACH FOX KNEW THIS THE TALKING HEADS FOR 2 WEEKS TALKED ABOUT IT AND YET FOX DID WHAT....

The lack of preparedness was shocking. Just a total clusterfug of epic proportions.

Even when Denver was moving the ball when it was still a game, they would run backwards at the first down marker or commit a penalty.

I really couldn't tell if the receivers were being mugged (I'm sure they were.) because all I could see was the pressure on Manning.

There was the one obvious non-call on Earl Thomas when he impeded JT inside the 10 when it was 22-0. A score there at least gives them life going into the half.

edog24
02-04-2014, 08:10 AM
If anyone here thinks the refs cost us this game then you need to get your head checked.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 08:17 AM
If anyone here thinks the refs cost us this game then you need to get your head checked.

that's not what is meant I don't think... its the fact that Fox didn't adjust the plays.. if the talking heads are telling you for 2 weeks this is how the Hawks play they don't add anything knew.. we as fans hard it... okay you prepare Sherman said hey we did this for 2 yers...what it shows is that fox is to me without either preparing and I hope that's not the case or refusal to change the plays,,,does that not make him a one dimensional coach if so that aint going to get the job done

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 08:39 AM

Their defense and ST scored more than our offense, so no, it wasn't the refs.

I think the issue is about PI - if you are not going to call it, why is it in the rulebooks? I saw the Hawks grabbing, holding, etc receivers all over the field. As long as it's called consistently, that's fine. Refs DID NOT play favorites. But either call it, or get rid of the rule.

AtlantaBronco
02-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Let's assume what Sherman said is true. Let's assume what the Seahawk's DC said was true about watching Petyon's eyes (as quoted in the Denver Post). If so, the real story is the blueprint on how to beat Manning is now out there for the rest of the NFL to attempt.

WolfpackGuy
02-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Their defense and ST scored more than our offense, so no, it wasn't the refs.

I think the issue is about PI - if you are not going to call it, why is it in the rulebooks? I saw the Hawks grabbing, holding, etc receivers all over the field. As long as it's called consistently, that's fine. Refs DID NOT play favorites. But either call it, or get rid of the rule.

That's the key. It's never called consistently. I have noticed more OFFENSIVE pass interference because of push offs being called more than ever before. They also need to look at if a ball was catchable or not into consideration. I've seen plenty of interference calls on passes that were nowhere near being completed regardless of what the defender did.

I can understand why they don't call pass interference (and offensive holding) every play because the games would be 5 hours long. offense puts fans in the seats and draws interest, and the league needs to figure out what the hell it's trying to do.

All that being said, the officials didn't cost Denver the game on Sunday. They pretty much screwed the pooch on their own.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 08:53 AM
That's the key. It's never called consistently. I have noticed more OFFENSIVE pass interference because of push offs being called more than ever before. They also need to look at if a ball was catchable or not into consideration. I've seen plenty of interference calls on passes that were nowhere near being completed regardless of what the defender did.

I can understand why they don't call pass interference (and offensive holding) every play because the games would be 5 hours long.

Scoring puts fans in the seats and draws interest, and the league needs to figure out what the hell it's trying to do.

All that being said, the refs didn't cost Denver the game on Sunday. They pretty much screwed the pooch on their own.

I might have missed it as I was pretty pissed the entire game, but I don't remember any offensive PI calls against the Broncos Sunday night. Carter got a PI call, but his was pretty obvious. I remember a Seattle defensive PI call on a really obvious play as well. But I don't remember any offensive PI calls. Like I said, I could have easily missed it though.

WolfpackGuy
02-04-2014, 08:56 AM
I might have missed it as I was pretty pissed the entire game, but I don't remember any offensive PI calls against the Broncos Sunday night. Carter got a PI call, but his was pretty obvious. I remember a Seattle defensive PI call on a really obvious play as well. But I don't remember any offensive PI calls. Like I said, I could have easily missed it though.

I don't believe there were any offensive pass interference calls on either team on Sunday. I just meant in general throughout the league.

baja
02-04-2014, 09:04 AM

This has been my suspicion as well and I thought that after watching how much faster and more physical the Seahawks appeared than us in that pre season game. Paul Allen is in a world that is cutting edge. They may well be receiving a new supplement that enhances performance that is not detectable with current testing standards.

ATL-Eric
02-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Our wr's had no trouble getting open all year. I seriously doubt Seattle is that much better then everyone else. He just didn't have enough time and he should have just taken the sacks instead of picks. I'm not reading into anything after the harvin return. The game was over after that.

GoDonkeys
02-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Let's assume what Sherman said is true. Let's assume what the Seahawk's DC said was true about watching Petyon's eyes (as quoted in the Denver Post). If so, the real story is the blueprint on how to beat Manning is now out there for the rest of the NFL to attempt.

The blueprint has been out there for a while. Peyton always struggles against Baltimore and San Diego. Every year he has. When you can drop 7 and get to Peyton with 4 guys on defense, he has a hard time. He gets frustrated in the pocket and can't get into a rythym. Reality is. That's all Seattle did was make him uncomfortable.

The broncos need to invest in their offensive line if they want to match up against Seattle, San Fran, Arizona, Baltimore. Seattle got to him almost every play and I only saw one blitz. Once they got the lead and realized they were getting pressure with 4 guys, it was done.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 09:08 AM
The blueprint has been out there for a while. Peyton always struggles against Baltimore and San Diego. Every year he has. When you can drop 7 and get to Peyton with 4 guys on defense, he has a hard time. He gets frustrated in the pocket and can't get into a rythym. Reality is. That's all Seattle did was make him uncomfortable.

The broncos need to invest in their offensive line if they want to match up against Seattle, San Fran, Arizona, Baltimore. Seattle got to him almost every play and I only saw one blitz. Once they got the lead and realized they were getting pressure with 4 guys, it was done.

Peyton Manning threw 7 TD's against Baltimore just this past season, and had his way with the chargers just a few weeks ago. How is this "always" struggling against these teams?

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Peyton Manning threw 7 TD's against Baltimore just this past season, and had his way with the chargers just a few weeks ago. How is this "always" struggling against these teams?

what this boils down to is PEYTON needs those protectors they were not there for him the sb peyton aint the problem but people just need somebody to blame I guess. thanks for sticking up for him ^5^5

GoDonkeys
02-04-2014, 09:13 AM

OK, so he beats them every now and then. And for years he would beat Baltimore 15-12. Look up his history in Indy. I had him in fantasy leagues for years and a few years he played Baltimore week 14 and screwed me every year. He might win the games but he rarely went off. And didn't San Diego beat Peyton in Denver this year?

Look, I'm just saying, Elway should know Peyton's weakness and needs to do a better job building for that weakness. Every QB has a weakness. That's his. Just like Russell Wilson's weakness is leaving the pocket early. You contain him in the outside and keep on the receivers for 6 seconds, Russell gets beat.

cmhargrove
02-04-2014, 09:17 AM
I was a little disappointed that our only "wrinkle" we threw at them was the ill-timed and ill-prepared pooch kick.

I just kept asking myself what Manning and Gase were going to do in the second half to counter the Seahawk's pressure defense, and the only answer was a few poorly executed screens. It would have probably been better to line up under center, forget the audibles, and just run good an old-fashioned play calling offense. That would have at least kept the Seahawks guessing.

Of course, none of this would have mattered with Franklin getting shoved into Manning's throwing arm all night

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 09:32 AM
OK, so he beats them every now and then. And for years he would beat Baltimore 15-12. Look up his history in Indy. I had him in fantasy leagues for years and a few years he played Baltimore week 14 and screwed me every year. He might win the games but he rarely went off. And didn't San Diego beat Peyton in Denver this year?

Look, I'm just saying, Elway should know Peyton's weakness and needs to do a better job building for that weakness. Every QB has a weakness. That's his. Just like Russell Wilson's weakness is leaving the pocket early. You contain him in the outside and keep on the receivers for 6 seconds, Russell gets beat.

this is the key which can be fixed during the draft with the few we will lose on the o line decker Moreno. Elway will to the rest on defense. oh and hopefully a kick returner,sorry holiday but...

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 09:40 AM

Every now and then?

Manning is 4-1 against the chargers as a Bronco, 2-1 against Baltimore. That's 6-2.

Edited: I agree with the point the Oline needs to be beefed up to compete against the more physical Dlines.

GoDonkeys
02-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Every now and then?

Manning is 4-1 against the chargers as a Bronco, 2-1 against Baltimore. That's 6-2.

I'm talking in his career. I re read what I wrote. He does have a winning record against them. But it's much lower than against the rest of the league. I mean, he rarely goes off against them. That's a fact. Look at his average points scored in his career against Baltimore and San Diego then compare it to his points scored against the rest of the league. You'll see what I mean.

I have followed Peyton his entire career. That's just the way it is, which is fine. Know that and build your team around that.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm talking in his career. I re read what I wrote. He does have a winning record against them. But it's much lower than against the rest of the league. I mean, he rarely goes off against them. That's a fact. Look at his average points scored in his career against Baltimore and San Diego then compare it to his points scored against the rest of the league. You'll see what I mean.

I have followed Peyton his entire career. That's just the way it is, which is fine. Know that and build your team around that.

YES SIR you are a true Peyton fan cause I am too born and raised in Knoxville and what you just said right there will bring him his 2nd ring...Elway knows this too Im sure..^5

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 09:52 AM

Did you even watch those charger playoff games? How exactly was it Mannings fault that billy volek led an 80 yard drive with less than 2 minutes left. They were winning until that happened. How is it manning fault Marvin Harrison fumbled? Other game drives almost all started inside the 10 yard line. Manning never even touched the ball in OT. Soft SOFT defense.

As far as the ravens, well he's like 9-2 against them. A rating 102 against them than all other teams. 25TDs 8picks. I remember him always beating the ravens.
Wtf are you talking about.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Did you even watch those charger playoff games? How exactly was it Mannings fault that billy volek led an 80 yard drive with less than 2 minutes left. They were winning until that happened. How is it manning fault Marvin Harrison fumbled? Other game drives almost all started inside the 10 yard line. Manning never even touched the ball in OT. Soft SOFT defense.

As far as the ravens, well he's like 9-2 against them. 3rd best rating 102 against them than all other teams. So that means he plays better against the ravens than 27 other teams! He's only played better against the cardinals and falcons.

Wtf are you talking about.
oh man recant my previous post I misunderstood what he was saying.....crap... you are right

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 10:06 AM
oh man recant my previous post I misunderstood what he was saying.....crap... you are right

I read the stat sheet wrong and edited. Still overrall point is he's a plus 100 rating against the ravens with an exceptional record.

I remember broncos fans here even making comments about finally being able to beat the ravens cause manning was on board, and he could do it consistently.

CHEF LUIGI
02-04-2014, 10:32 AM
I'll be honest, it very much seemed to me they were in our playbook all night. What's surprising is we didn't adjust and counter.total Same formation, same personel group all game long. the seahawks witnessed no surprizes, never saW A 2 te FORMATION OR 2 BACKS IN THE BACKFIELD. WE never PUT WELKER OR ANYONE ELSE IN MOTION IT WAS A pathetic GAMEPLAN AND lame EXECUTION !~
WE SHOWED UP TO THE sb LIKE AN UNPREPARED HIGH SCHOOL TEAM !
THE refs DID not CAUISE US TO LOSE BY 35 POINTS, SORRY.
OUR SPECIAL TEAMS SUCKED, OUR d WAS DEPLETED AND TIRED AND OUR o WAS Lame FROM THE FIRST SNAP
predictable

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 10:37 AM
I read the stat sheet wrong and edited. Still overrall point is he's a plus 100 rating against the ravens with an exceptional record.

I remember broncos fans here even making comments about finally being able to beat the ravens cause manning was on board, and he could do it consistently.

this loss sucked real bad for us as fans but its 100xs worse for peyton and those guys...this coming season isn't going to be about finish it I truly believe that it will be about redemption and that's a powerful word...to say it is to own it and I don't know how that's Elways department who I believe in totally THE PIECES WILL FALL INTO PLACE AND IT WILL GET DONE THAT MUCH I KNOW

GoDonkeys
02-04-2014, 10:42 AM

I just pulled up all the box scores. Over 100 rating? Lol

Broncos_OTM
02-04-2014, 10:46 AM

THe user name alone just got you ignored by this poster. Bronco fan or not

Gutless Drunk
02-04-2014, 10:48 AM
"After the game, Quinn and some Seahawks told The Newark Star-Ledger that quarterback Peyton Manning often reveals where he'll throw the ball with his eyes. As explained by the vicious Kam Chancellor, Seattle's fifth-round safety: "It just allowed us to see the routes develop. We were able to jump a few routes. Just see everything that develops in front of you, playing off Peyton's eyes. He takes you right to the ball every time. He's a great quarterback, but he definitely has tendencies and he takes you to the ball."

http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_25055920/hochman-pain-from-broncos-loss-could-have-real

Desi
02-04-2014, 10:57 AM
"After the game, Quinn and some Seahawks told The Newark Star-Ledger that quarterback Peyton Manning often reveals where he'll throw the ball with his eyes. As explained by the vicious Kam Chancellor, Seattle's fifth-round safety: "It just allowed us to see the routes develop. We were able to jump a few routes. Just see everything that develops in front of you, playing off Peyton's eyes. He takes you right to the ball every time. He's a great quarterback, but he definitely has tendencies and he takes you to the ball."

http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci_25055920/hochman-pain-from-broncos-loss-could-have-real

I'm guessing that was a result of the pressure from the Seahawks d-line and Peyton getting desperate. The man has been playing in the NFL for well over a decade. If this were something he did all time, I would think that it would be talked about and that other teams would exploit it no?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 10:59 AM

http://www.peytonmanning18.com/eachteam.html

Not sure why you don't understand "102.4"

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 11:02 AM

Yeah I am somewhat confused to cause Peyton has done well against them ;D

AtlantaBronco
02-04-2014, 11:13 AM
I'm guessing that was a result of the pressure from the Seahawks d-line and Peyton getting desperate. The man has been playing in the NFL for well over a decade. If this were something he did all time, I would think that it would be talked about and that other teams would exploit it no?

Pressure played a part but I was also struck by how many of our WR's were caught from behind when they tried to run up the field. If they were reading Peyton's eyes they knew where the ball was going and ran to that point and hit the receiver from behind. It all fits. Maybe other teams didn't have the athletes to make the plays. You can bet teams next year will try to imitate what Seattle did.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Pressure played a part but I was also struck by how many of our WR's were caught from behind when they tried to run up the field. If they were reading Peyton's eyes they knew where the ball was going and ran to that point and hit the receiver from behind. It all fits. Maybe other teams didn't have the athletes to make the plays. You can bet teams next year will try to imitate what Seattle did.

I gotta say this I HAVE FOLLOWED PEYTON FROM COLLEGE AND THIS IS WHAT I KNOW....FOR A FACT....PEYTONS EYES DONT TELL NOTHING....he don't look down recievers he can be looking one way and its going another THIS IS A FACT... you all have watched him for 2 years you know what am saying

WolfpackGuy
02-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Seattle can say whatever they want now since they won the game handily.

I'm pretty sure every QB throws to where he's looking.

It would be one thing if Manning was staring down receivers from the snap like a rookie although he didn't have much time to work through his reads anyway due to the pressure.

Denver's offense is predictable and they depend on executing better than the other team which obviously didn't happen the other night.

GoDonkeys
02-04-2014, 01:07 PM

I stand corrected. Man I must have missed some games out something cause everything I remember, they have contained him.

GoDonkeys
02-04-2014, 01:15 PM
THe user name alone just got you ignored by this poster. Bronco fan or not

Yeah I'm not a bronco fan. But I do like Peyton. And most of my close friends are bronco fans.

Really I think it's funny how many of you are saying to get rid of Peyton. He is a great qb. If Indy had a better defense, I fully believe he would have won more rings.

But you guys have an off season to work on your weakness. Really only a few teams have the ability to exploit your weakness.

Seattle has to work on things too. Arizona and San Fran have shown our weaknesses.

Action
02-11-2014, 01:06 AM

Give me some more of that steve smith tude.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wyom1TxqlJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>