PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno Watch...

Taco John
02-03-2014, 03:23 PM
So - as we all know, there's been talk of letting Knowshon Moreno test the market. The question, of course, is what will the market bear for him, and will it be more than the Broncos are willing to match. Adding to the equation are the number of free agents available this year - there's quite a few of them:
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/14/5308048/nfl-free-agency-2014-running-backs-knowshon-moreno

I'll be very curious to see where this situation goes, as it seems to me like whatever happens on this front will play a huge role in our draft strategy.

Let's use this thread to track the events around Knowshon and discuss our own viewpoints on him returning to the team.

spiralism
02-03-2014, 03:25 PM
I'll be gutted to see him go, he's one of the few players with heart on the team and he's reliable. We'd regret trying to get a bigger playmaker once the fumbles become more frequent.

2KBack
02-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Seems to me letting one of our most passionate and emotional players, not to mention productive, walk would be a bad idea considering what just happened.

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 03:26 PM
need to sign him

bronco0608
02-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I think Knowshon, Decker and Beadles should be let go and the money should be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

Kinda of force Manning away from being the super focus of the offense and make the D super stout.

Manning with a super stout D is tough to deal with. He has never had that in his life.

Plus, wouldn't we get compensation picks for Moreno, Decker and Beadles if we don't sign an outside free agent to take their place? They are all worth 3rd round comp picks imo.

bronco0608
02-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Knowshon's speed (or lack thereof) was highly evident last night when trying to chase down Malcolm Smith after that pick. Smith smoked him.

Love Knowshon's energy and team spirit, but if he get's four million a year, funk that. Let's spend that on pass rushers, MLBs, corners, or whatever.

TonyR
02-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Non-elite FA RB's really don't command a lot of $$$. So it's possible we get him back without spending a fortune. I wouldn't expect a huge market for him.

edog24
02-03-2014, 03:30 PM
I love Knowshon-

That said, I think we need to think about bringing in a big name RB who can just straight up run over people. We need other playmakers on offense that don't rely on PM for production.

kappys
02-03-2014, 03:32 PM
I think Knowshon, Decker and Beadles should be let go and the money should be spent on the defensive side of the ball.

Kinda of force Manning away from being the super focus of the offense and make the D super stout.

Manning with a super stout D is tough to deal with. He has never had that in his life.

Plus, wouldn't we get compensation picks for Moreno, Decker and Beadles if we don't sign an outside free agent to take their place? They are all worth 3rd round comp picks imo.

Agreed - Time for Ball to step up in to the main role, we will need to pick up a solid vet to back him up in case Hillman/CJ aren't able to step up into the #2 role.

I think both Decker and Caldwell are free agents no? Another place to address once we see what kind of offers he is getting. Not worth #1 type of money so we'll need to address this with either an early draft pick that hopefully develops as the season progresses and a vet or 2 solid vets.

Beadles - not worth the money. The only place I would spend money offensively is on LG - get a real road grader like Vasquez in there this offensive line could be incredible if Clady returns to form.

Defense is where we need to spend what capital we have

cutthemdown
02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Knowshon doesn't make big plays, doesn't have top end speed, and won't be highly sought after for big money. He will be sought after a s a tough vet who can block and be part of a time share.

Otherwise he's a 1000 yrd rusher and not much more. Hell on a crappy team prob 800 yrds. I think he stays with Broncos.

bronco militia
02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
adios Knowshow....Peyton's offense saved your career.

cutthemdown
02-03-2014, 03:34 PM
Keep both backs for next yr. They will have lots of experience and be ready to block for Manning day 1. Ball is only going to get better.

Still Elway blew it not drafting Lacy.

Taco John
02-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Non-elite FA RB's really don't command a lot of $$$. So it's possible we get him back without spending a fortune. I wouldn't expect a huge market for him.

I think the real question is do we even want him back?

My heart says yes, but my head says - now wait a minute... Let's think this through and determine if he really gives us what we need from the position. And I'm coming back conflicted. It's hard to deny that he had a great year - but don't we need someone who can take over a game if needed? We don't really have that from our offense, and it makes us one dimensional. What if we had a runningback who could actually have taken the pressure off of Manning last night early on... I guess it's easy to say "what if," but these are the kinds of questions I expect our front office to be asking themselves as they look at whether or not they want to bring Knowshon back. I don't think it's merely about what his salary will be. I think it will be about what he's able to bring to the offense - and who else out there might be able to bring more... And THAT's the real interesting question to me...

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 03:43 PM

My heart says yes, but my head says - now wait a minute... Let's think this through and determine if he really gives us what we need from the position. And I'm coming back conflicted. It's hard to deny that he had a great year - but don't we need someone who can take over a game if needed? We don't really have that from our offense, and it makes us one dimensional. What if we had a runningback who could actually have taken the pressure off of Manning last night early on... I guess it's easy to say "what if," but these are the kinds of questions I expect our front office to be asking themselves as they look at whether or not they want to bring Knowshon back. I don't think it's merely about what his salary will be. I think it will be about what he's able to bring to the offense - and who else out there might be able to bring more... And THAT's the real interesting question to me...

I'm at the same point and I've always been a Knowshon supporter

maven
02-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Adios amigo!

TonyR
02-03-2014, 04:04 PM
...don't we need someone who can take over a game if needed?

I'm really hoping Ball can be more that guy than Moreno will ever be, but I'm far from certain that he is. But I think he clearly has more upside.

Gutless Drunk
02-03-2014, 04:07 PM
this bunch of passive milquetoast offensive players will certainly miss his fiery personality

2KBack
02-03-2014, 04:23 PM

Please, Moreno accounted for just as many yards as Lynch last night, but I'm guessing you think of him as a gamebreaker. As a matter of fact, Moreno equaled Lynch on the season as well, and Seattle is a far better run blocking team....not to mention can benefit from the read option holding linebackers. We aren't just going to replace a 1st down machine like Moreno, who is also one of the emotional leaders. How quickly we forget the 20 yards rushes on 3rd and 18 to put games away.

Taco John
02-03-2014, 04:24 PM
If I'm John Elway looking at this game, and juxtaposing it against my own experience, I think he's got to say "we didn't have a "Terrell Davis" out there last night. Elway needed help taking the pressure off of him - the ability to have a pedestrian effort on the stats sheet, but still come up big at the key spots. In contrast, we needed Peyton Manning to be the alphan and the omega out there. Our running game doesn't have the ability to take over if we need them to.

We won the Superbowl in the 97 and 98 campaigns because we had a TEAM, not just John Elway throwing the ball.

2KBack
02-03-2014, 04:28 PM
If I'm John Elway looking at this game, and juxtaposing it against my own experience, I think he's got to say "we didn't have a "Terrell Davis" out there last night. Elway needed help taking the pressure off of him - the ability to have a pedestrian effort on the stats sheet, but still come up big at the key spots. In contrast, we needed Peyton Manning to be the alphan and the omega out there. Our running game doesn't have the ability to take over if we need them to.

We won the Superbowl in the 97 and 98 campaigns because we had a TEAM, not just John Elway throwing the ball.

and we didn't spot the other team 22 points then either. We had 14 total rushing attempts.....14....for the whole game, and that includes one from Manning. You have to make attempts to run to take the pressure off the QB. That's not on our backs....Ball's 6 carries led the team. Why would any defense even try to respect the run if they know you won't even attempt to rush it.

bronco_diesel
02-03-2014, 04:32 PM

This is what I keep coming back to. This Bronco team was too one-dimensional and did not have another option to lean on.

I felt the defense did as much as it could to keep them in the game, especially holding them to 8 points to start off. But when the offense did nothing, it all fell apart.

This team needs to make a commitment to power rushing and find the right combo of players on the OL and backfield to make this happen.

Whether that means Monte is ready to be the feature back and KM as the backup...or bring in a horse that can put up 2k in this system.

Shananahan
02-03-2014, 04:38 PM
and we didn't spot the other team 22 points then either. We had 14 total rushing attempts.....14....for the whole game, and that includes one from Manning. You have to make attempts to run to take the pressure off the QB. That's not on our backs....Ball's 6 carries led the team. Why would any defense even try to respect the run if they know you won't even attempt to rush it.
Yeah, I was really surprised at the lack of run plays called. I think the initial safety followed by a three-and-out got them spooked or something. They probably ran twice as many play-action fakes as they did handoffs.

Anyway, I still like what somebody wrote once about Moreno, how he 'plays winning football'. He's improved in so many areas and plays smart, tough and passionately. I think he's an important player on the team and his versatility helps them a lot.

This is all just chatter, really, but depending on the price I think they should resign him. He's a perfect complimentary back at this point.

24champ
02-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Problem with that thinking in regards to running the ball last night was that the offense got the whole team behind the 8 ball so fast that we had to pass and play catch up. Can't run the ball in that scenario.

You also can't run the ball when your quickly behind 2-3 scores because of Manning's F ups. There's never going to be another Terrell Davis, guys like that don't grow on trees. There's no quick fix and silver bullet.

The organization should focus on getting some nasty players with a mean streak, revamping the offensive line and rebuilding the defense. We got too many nice guys on the team, and it showed last night.

B-Large
02-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Seems to me letting one of our most passionate and emotional players, not to mention productive, walk would be a bad idea considering what just happened.

100 percent agree. I'd give away Decker twice to keep Knowshon.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Not sure how to approach this. Would they be getting Moreno of the years past, or the Moreno who played in a contract year?

Seems players across sports only like to play 100 in contract years

Hercules Rockefeller
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
They drafted Ball for a reason.

For all the talk last night after the game got out of hand about how young the Seahawks are, outside of Manning and Bailey, the Broncos are a pretty young team themselves. Out of their true starting lineup (Von, Harris, Moore, Clady, Wolfe, Vick, etc.), there's 17 guys under 30. Most of those guys are in their mid-20's too. Denver's at the point now where they need to decide who in that group is their core that they want to go forward with.

Love Moreno, thought he's always received a bad rap among fans until this season, but he's not the future here.

orinjkrush
02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Keep both backs for next yr. They will have lots of experience and be ready to block for Manning day 1. Ball is only going to get better.

Still Elway blew it not drafting Lacy.

QFT

Moon§hiner
02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Denver needs a Romanowski clone more than they need Moreno or Decker, IMO

Hercules Rockefeller
02-03-2014, 05:00 PM

Yes, yes, yes. They desperately need someone with fire on the D.

Rausch 2.0
02-03-2014, 05:25 PM

He was a psychopath that was roided up his entire career...

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 05:31 PM
I'd be down for giving him 2 million a season. If another team wants to pay more goodbye.

extralife
02-03-2014, 05:42 PM
lots of players can be passionate in november. was he passionate yesterday? no. see ya later.

Taco John
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM

http://i.imgur.com/YQKsriW.gif

eddie mac
02-03-2014, 06:28 PM
The problem with keeping Knowshon is that he is one of the best available RB on the market right now as it stands. There isn't much competition for him unless the Niners cut Gore which is a possibility or the Titans cut Johnson (another one).

The best backs are

Moreno
Jones-Drew
Gerhart
D Brown
Blount
A Brown
Tate
McFadden

Then you look at the teams possibly looking for a No1 back.

Patriots? will likely look to re-sign Blount
Jets - Ivory hit and miss
Dolphins - Miller/Thomas hit and miss

Browns - for sure
Colts - Richardson the answer?
Titans - Johnson may be cut

Raiders - stick with Jennings?

Giants - Brown FA, Wilson a bust?
49ers - stick with Hunter if they cut Gore
Cardinals - their RB's are a mess their cap is worse though

So there could be a pretty competitive market for him but one thing coaches may see that I've seen. Peyton made Moreno look a lot better this year than ever before and a lot of big gains were made on audibles when both safeties dropped deep.

extralife
02-03-2014, 07:07 PM
1. The Niners aren't cutting Gore

2. Even if they did, you're forgetting about Lattimore, who they will surely be counting on in some capacity next year regardless.

The Niners would not be interested in Moreno.

broncosteven
02-03-2014, 08:02 PM
The problem with keeping Knowshon is that he is one of the best available RB on the market right now as it stands. There isn't much competition for him unless the Niners cut Gore which is a possibility or the Titans cut Johnson (another one).

The best backs are

Moreno
Jones-Drew
Gerhart
D Brown
Blount
A Brown
Tate
McFadden

Then you look at the teams possibly looking for a No1 back.

Patriots? will likely look to re-sign Blount
Jets - Ivory hit and miss
Dolphins - Miller/Thomas hit and miss

Browns - for sure
Colts - Richardson the answer?
Titans - Johnson may be cut

Raiders - stick with Jennings?

Giants - Brown FA, Wilson a bust?
49ers - stick with Hunter if they cut Gore
Cardinals - their RB's are a mess their cap is worse though

So there could be a pretty competitive market for him but one thing coaches may see that I've seen. Peyton made Moreno look a lot better this year than ever before and a lot of big gains were made on audibles when both safeties dropped deep.

Yep, Manning has certainly made KM better and that is a good thing. You could just see as the season went on he started losing a step, 1st it was in the run game then into the passing game. That Pat's game was a great performance but they rather give an 8 yard gain on the ground than 20 in the air.

If I were the GM I would move on but he has done enough to keep CJ, Hillman, and JJ on the bench.

If the Titans drop Johnson I would love to see him come to Denver catching passes in space. His only downfall might be if he could pick up the O and block in the passing game but Johnson wouldn't need to start, just play 25 snaps a game with maybe 18 touches.

No matter what we do John has to stop paying lip service to the run game. The NFL is a passing league right now but you still need to run to open the passing game. SeaThugs were able to drop back and play pass 1st because they had the speed to get there and when they got there the 1st man didn't miss, unlike Paris Lennon.

I would like to see them bring in a hybrid I formation using a blocking H-back, Green did a nice job on his lone carry this year. More Offset I with a lead blocker out of the backfield who can create a hole. There were pulls where Beadles just didn't get around or left the hole and his guy shot the gap. Use a more offset I or pistol with a lead blocker to allow Ball to get through the hole clean and into the 2nd level.

That and pay Bobby Turner a briefcase full of cash to come back and find us some steals in the draft and develop them.

BTW I don't want any of those other aged Vet RB's on the above list. Johnson if he is smart enough or draft one. We drafted a QB last year so John can pass on drafting a QB this year and get one next year.

whoeey
02-04-2014, 01:45 AM
It's gonna be hard to forget Moreno standing there watching that floater get intercepted. His lack of effort on that play was pathetic.

I do think he had a heck of a year and that the entire team sucked last night.

MJD on the cheap would be interesting.

eddie mac
02-04-2014, 02:41 AM
1. The Niners aren't cutting Gore

2. Even if they did, you're forgetting about Lattimore, who they will surely be counting on in some capacity next year regardless.

The Niners would not be interested in Moreno.

And you know this how?

Gore makes over $6m in 2014 and the Niners are in a lot worse cap shape than us and have Whitner, Boldin, Goodwin, Brown and Dawson hitting the market.

Blueflame
02-04-2014, 02:50 AM
My thought is that coaches/the FO speak very highly of Ball and he's most likely the future of the team at RB. This makes Moreno -- desirable if he's willing to take our best offer, but expendable if another team is willing to pay more than we can afford.

Ol#7
02-04-2014, 04:15 AM
It's gonna be hard to forget Moreno standing there watching that floater get intercepted. His lack of effort on that play was pathetic.

I do think he had a heck of a year and that the entire team sucked last night.

MJD on the cheap would be interesting.

I was stunned he didnt go get the ball. He watched it happen and didnt react.

That said, I fell in love with Knowshon this year. What would be best is for Ball to be the Alpha Dog and Knowshon to spell him though. Dont think we can improve the backfield any other way.

extralife
02-04-2014, 04:42 AM
And you know this how?

Gore makes over $6m in 2014 and the Niners are in a lot worse cap shape than us and have Whitner, Boldin, Goodwin, Brown and Dawson hitting the market.

I'm well aware of the Niners cap situation.

bowtown
02-04-2014, 04:53 AM
I think Moreno could be a great Kevin Faulk type role for us. He doesn't have to start, just be a great third down back and security blanket for Manning. I'm not sure that he's interested in that though, we'll just have to see, but I would love if we could bring him back in that capacity.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 05:20 AM
I love Knowshon-

That said, I think we need to think about bringing in a big name RB who can just straight up run over people. We need other playmakers on offense that don't rely on PM for production.

Peyton had a great one in Indy . went to the SB and won with him. Joseph Adai out of LSU...I love that guy..he was like Moreno but faster, hes not played in a few years which I still cant believe but its sooo worth them checking him out. If football is like riding a biycle then he could ABSOLUTELY be money...:strong:

Atwater His Ass
02-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Moreno is never going to be spectacular or a real game changer. He has his moments and that's about it. Would like to see him stay, but won't be heart broken if he leaves either.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 07:04 AM
They drafted Ball for a reason.

For all the talk last night after the game got out of hand about how young the Seahawks are, outside of Manning and Bailey, the Broncos are a pretty young team themselves. Out of their true starting lineup (Von, Harris, Moore, Clady, Wolfe, Vick, etc.), there's 17 guys under 30. Most of those guys are in their mid-20's too. Denver's at the point now where they need to decide who in that group is their core that they want to go forward with.

Love Moreno, thought he's always received a bad rap among fans until this season, but he's not the future here.

I am glad that you said that I was afraid to get back lash... this is the most honest thing that has been said...the o lone is strong enough to make up for not having him out there...

stoxman
02-04-2014, 07:11 AM

Agree but you won't find a Hall of Fame RB (yes, I said it) like Terrell Davis out there in FA!

Try to re-sign him as cheap as possible, cut Hillman and replace with a rugged, smash mouth runner who can move the pile. I also believe CJ is going to be quite good.

go_broncos
02-04-2014, 07:13 AM
Without Moreno, we would not have reached playoffs.
Need to sign him and DRC at any cost.

stoxman
02-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Peyton had a great one in Indy . went to the SB and won with him. Joseph Adai out of LSU...I love that guy..he was like Moreno but faster, hes not played in a few years which I still cant believe but its sooo worth them checking him out. If football is like riding a biycle then he could ABSOLUTELY be money...:strong:

Addai played well for a season or 2 but I'm pretty sure no one would say he is "great" or "elite". Peyton had his own beast mode in Edgerrin James but didn't win it all with him (I blame the weak defense as, in case we aren't painfully aware today, Defense tends to win Championships). Addai was unceremoniously let go and no one else wanted him.

I also just looked it up. Dominic Rhodes played a big role in 2006 as it was Addai's rookie year.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Addai played well for a season or 2 but I'm pretty sure no one would say he is "great" or "elite". Peyton had his own beast mode in Edgerrin James but didn't win it all with him (I blame the weak defense as, in case we aren't painfully aware today, Defense tends to win Championships). Addai was unceremoniously let go and no one else wanted him.

yeah I know everything you are saying but damn when that boy was on aint nobody was going to stop him...he to me just all of a sudden one day quit playing... I was just day dreaming thinking of whatever it would take to get the job done. James way o washed up but I THAT WAS MY BOY

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 07:19 AM
It depends on the money, and what other guys are willing to sign for.

Until the Broncos get nastier on Oline, does it really matter anyways? On the few rushing attempts the Broncos had, it seemed like the RB was swarmed before he even got to the line of scrimmage.

I'd rather invest in the Oline, but I would love to keep Moreno if his price isn't too high.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 07:26 AM
It depends on the money, and what other guys are willing to sign for.

Until the Broncos get nastier on Oline, does it really matter anyways? On the few rushing attempts the Broncos had, it seemed like the RB was swarmed before he even got to the line of scrimmage.

I'd rather invest in the Oline, but I would love to keep Moreno if his price isn't too high.

I understand what you are saying but our line is strong and no matter who the few they do pull in for the o line to replace the few like Decker or Moreno Peyton can make stars out of them...our money needs to go to defense...we have to play the NFC to win the super bowl and the NFC is the defense guys WE GOT TO NOT ONLY MATCH THEIRS WE HAVE TO UP THE ANTE...

rmsanger
02-04-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm fine with mini Deck hitting the road. KM I'd much rather keep; however, seeing that list I wouldn't mind replacing him with 2 or 3. Tate would be very interesting in a Bronco uni.

cutthemdown
02-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Broncos should look at Chris Johnson if he gets cut. Pair him with ball in a time share. Someone who can make big plays and go the distance would be a great fit with Manning.

Johnson made tons of money and will now want to try and win. Don't buy he is washed up the blocking and the schemes have been horrid.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 07:34 AM
I understand what you are saying but our line is strong and no matter who the few they do pull in for the o line to replace the few like Decker or Moreno Peyton can make stars out of them...our money needs to go to defense...we have to play the NFC to win the super bowl and the NFC is the defense guys WE GOT TO NOT ONLY MATCH THEIRS WE HAVE TO UP THE ANTE...

I don't know how you can watch that game and not come away disappointed with the line play.

And I don't understand how Peyton makes the line run block better. Peyton's quick release might make them look better in pass protection. But when they went against an actual talented Dline, they were dominated.

The line was good enough to get them there, but not good enough to win. It was a problem.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 07:40 AM
I don't know how you can watch that game and not come away disappointed with the line play.

And I don't understand how Peyton makes the line run block better. Peyton's quick release might make them look better in pass protection. But when they went against an actual talented Dline, they were dominated.

The line was good enough to get them there, but not good enough to win. It was a problem.

okay this is what I think...next year we get clady back that's more meat on the line. we got the speed already. IF PEYTON HAD THAT PROTECTION WHICH FELL APART ITS THE GAME CHANGER....

theAPAOps5
02-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Knowshon's speed (or lack thereof) was highly evident last night when trying to chase down Malcolm Smith after that pick. Smith smoked him.

Love Knowshon's energy and team spirit, but if he get's four million a year, funk that. Let's spend that on pass rushers, MLBs, corners, or whatever.

This

It wasn't even close

Ol#7
02-04-2014, 07:55 AM

Yeah but the line was all world before Clady got hurt, and just really good after. Hopefully Clady makes a full recovery.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Yeah but the line was all world before Clady got hurt, and just really good after. Hopefully Clady makes a full recovery.

YES EXACTLY... as I posted earlier the o line is gonna be alight replace a few with the meat DEFENSE IS WHERE WE WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIPS AT

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 08:31 AM

Clady most definitely will help. But LT wasn't the only problem Sunday night.

And more than one position can be addressed. If we're saying Clady's return from injury will cure the line's ills, why won't Miller, Harris, Vickerson, Wolfe, Moore cure the defenses ills?

There are needs. Protecting Manning and giving him time, as well as run blocking will help the offense have the chance to score more than 8 against a dominant defense. I'm not saying we don't try and build a dominant defense ourselves.

ScottXray
02-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Moreno will draw interest by other teams, but not huge offers.

I think he will get a 2 - 2.5 mill offer, at 4 years. We can match that.

More than that , and adios.

The O line needs some work, and it is probably wishful thinking that Clady will
come back completely healthy. Both of our tackles got owned, so at least one 3rd or 4th draft pick is going to be an OT.

On Defense, with Vickerson, Knighton and Williams coming back, and hopefully Miller ( if he doesn't screw up again) our D line is pretty set and will be good to very good. Need another DE/OLB

We need a MLB and Both Safeties. One safety in FA the other draft ( high pick ). The predominant draft has got to be D. CB also since Harris was hurt late in the year and won't be ready till mid to late OCT. Need to sign DRC, and sadly, Champ, will be gone, unless he signs a new vet minimum. Carter will be retained simply because of this, and Harris injury.

My draft bets
1. Safety
2. MLB / DE
3. OT
4. CB
5. OLB /MLB
6. Safety
7. DT

Broncos_OTM
02-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Broncos should look at Chris Johnson if he gets cut. Pair him with ball in a time share. Someone who can make big plays and go the distance would be a great fit with Manning.

Johnson made tons of money and will now want to try and win. Don't buy he is washed up the blocking and the schemes have been horrid.

He's junk. no offense but I don't want any part of that clusterfux

BroncoBen
02-04-2014, 10:23 AM

I agree... you figure this with Moreno's contract year, and he had a pretty good year. But just like in the past years he ended up with a injures.

I think Moreno has peaked, not going to get any better, not a threat to break a run and take it the distance.

I don't think any team is going to spend that much on Moreno.

I think Montee Ball is a better option as the starter, go out and draft another RB in the midrounds of the draft.

BroncoBen
02-04-2014, 10:26 AM
My draft bets
1. Safety
2. MLB / DE
3. OT
4. CB
5. OLB /MLB
6. Safety
7. DT

It would be nice to go all Defense in the draft, but I can see the Broncos drafting OL and maybe a WR, both for Depth and Youth.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 10:28 AM
It would be nice to go all Defense in the draft, but I can see the Broncos drafting OL and maybe a WR, both for Depth and Youth.

Im hopeing the Broncos are on your nice side cause yes indeed this is the way to go

BroncoBeavis
02-04-2014, 10:35 AM
He's junk. no offense but I don't want any part of that clusterfux

That, and I don't necessarily see CJ2K as the "screw money, just want to win" type.

As I said elsewhere... let's focus on the OL. That'll help the running game even more, and give PFM the time he needs to dissect better defenses.

ScottXray
02-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Clady back helps...maybe. I agree we need to get better on the O line, both to protect Manning and to help the run game.

Our FA money goes to retain the best we have ( DRC, Harris, Woodyard ( depth) Moore) etc. but also another player like Vasquez, but at tackle. If Clady is healthy than Clark and or Franklin to guard, FA best available RT would be a good move if not too much money or long term deal. Beadles, Kuper and Walton gone. Mainly, Draft goes to Defense, and some depth for the O. I think RB , we will keep Moreno if cheap, but Ball and Anderson play more next year. Hillman is a camp cut. Some UDFA will replace him.

WR...Decker leaves, Caldwell...meh, but if we can find an Amendola, Edelman
clone in the draft good. Or steal another from Belli. We need SPEED to stretch defenses. If Holliday was bigger we could keep him , but that ship has left port, and he is done here. We need that kind of speed at one of the Receiver positions to keep the secondaries back, and do returns. We have been good a UDFAs so far under Elway...I think that we find another gem or two this year.

eddie mac
02-04-2014, 01:51 PM
We wont be spending much on Woodyard if JDR is still here, sure he dropped him this year for the bulkier Lenon and it worked especially on run defense.

broncosteven
02-04-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm fine with mini Deck hitting the road. KM I'd much rather keep; however, seeing that list I wouldn't mind replacing him with 2 or 3. Tate would be very interesting in a Bronco uni.

I would rather keep Decker and let Welker and his $8 Mill move on. Decker is young and has upside. They have Robinson in the wings.

I think Decker and his ties to Manning will give the FO a cap friendly salary.

I do wish Manning would step up and rework his deal as well if he really wants to be able to win a SB.

Time for KM to go, he is slow and Ball can do everything he does and better. Time to get some speed at the RB position.

broncosteven
02-04-2014, 07:09 PM
We wont be spending much on Woodyard if JDR is still here, sure he dropped him this year for the bulkier Lenon and it worked especially on run defense.

After Woodyard went into the dog house I bet he is gone.

We really need a MLB that can run from sideline to sideline and lay some wood.

Woodyard was fast but undersized and made bad choices and couldn't line the D up. Not expecting a Rook to come in and do that out of the gate but it would be nice to see someone come in and make an impact like Trevathan did over 2 years.

RaiderH8r
02-04-2014, 07:55 PM

When did this turn into a Dick Sherman thread?

broncosteven
02-05-2014, 03:51 PM
KM's Jersey is back on sale again

http://shop.denverbroncos.com/Denver_Broncos_Mens/on_sale/yes

They had it full price near the end of the year and now the Orange jersey's are back to half off...

Hmmmmmm....

ColoradoDarin
02-05-2014, 04:39 PM
KM's Jersey is back on sale again

http://shop.denverbroncos.com/Denver_Broncos_Mens/on_sale/yes

They had it full price near the end of the year and now the Orange jersey's are back to half off...

Hmmmmmm....

That's how I ended up with a Knowshon jersey - blue (year before we switched back), I think it was something like $22.

OldschoolFreak
02-05-2014, 05:16 PM
I was stunned he didnt go get the ball. He watched it happen and didnt react.

Horrible lack of effort. Plus, I think the ball was tipped so even if he tackles Smith while the ball is in the air it isn't even interference. That made me sick.

ColoradoDarin
02-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Horrible lack of effort. Plus, I think the ball was tipped so even if he tackles Smith while the ball is in the air it isn't even interference. That made me sick.

Seemed like he got caught flat footed and couldn't react as quickly as the defender.

broncosteven
02-05-2014, 05:58 PM
Seemed like he got caught flat footed and couldn't react as quickly as the defender.

It seemed like he saw it, got his thumb stuck in his ass while watching it, then got flat footed and only then couldn't react as quickly as the defender.

From his body language you can almost see him thinking the play was over the minute he realized the ball wasn't going to get to him then he realized the play was still live after seeing Smith go for it and then got caught flat footed.

Just my take, I refuse to watch too many rewinds or rewatching of this game though and I never really liked the guy to start with so there is that.

Broncomutt
02-05-2014, 06:04 PM

The replay shows Moreno turning as the ball is tipped. I don't think he saw it initially while the defender saw the whole thing and had already started to break on the ball. By the time Moreno found the ball it was too late.

Moreno didn't display lack of effort. That's pretty clear when he prevented a Denver safety from becoming a Seattle touchdown on the first play.

broncosteven
02-05-2014, 06:10 PM
The replay shows Moreno turning as the ball is tipped. I don't think he saw it initially while the defender saw the whole thing and had already started to break on the ball. By the time Moreno found the ball it was too late.

Moreno didn't display lack of effort. That's pretty clear when he prevented a Denver safety from becoming a Seattle touchdown on the first play.

He did have a fumble too, I do not blame anything KM did, even not getting to the ball or Smith on the Tip, this was a total team loss.

KM took it hard, they had a shot of him on the sideline trying to hid wiping his face. He wanted to do enough to win the game, it was a collective Cluster F, I do think by the time of the tipped ball he was reacting to the bad situation rather than make a play on the ball, it happens when a performer has everything go wrong.

Broncomutt
02-05-2014, 06:25 PM
He did have a fumble too, I do not blame anything KM did, even not getting to the ball or Smith on the Tip, this was a total team loss.

KM took it hard, they had a shot of him on the sideline trying to hid wiping his face. He wanted to do enough to win the game, it was a collective Cluster F, I do think by the time of the tipped ball he was reacting to the bad situation rather than make a play on the ball, it happens when a performer has everything go wrong.

I'm not making excuses for any player on this team all 53 guy sucked that night. But I'm watching a replay of that play right now, video paused. The ball is 10 feet in the air and Moreno is on the 31 yard line; back turned. He doesn't turn until he reaches the 30.

Slow to react, maybe. Lack of effort, BS. And I am (was)a Moreno hater. That was 100% Manning choke.

But yeah he did fumble and didn't manning throw the first pick on the next play? I think that's when I first thought this may be a blowout. I hope these guys feel so much shame

Chrissy Rules
02-05-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm not making excuses for any player on this team all 53 guy sucked that night. But I'm watching a replay of that play right now, video paused. The ball is 10 feet in the air and Moreno is on the 31 yard line; back turned. He doesn't turn until he reaches the 30.

Slow to react, maybe. Lack of effort, BS. And I am (was)a Moreno hater. That was 100% Manning choke.

But yeah he did fumble and didn't manning throw the first pick on the next play? I think that's when I first thought this may be a blowout. I hope these guys feel so much shame

boo