PDA

View Full Version : Remember, we were a 4-12 team just three short years ago. We've come too far too fast probably.

bronco0608
02-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Look, I have no earthly idea how long it takes to take the 2nd worst team in the league to making them a legitimate superpower, but I'm quite sure three years ain't it. There is too much dearth of talent for that to happen.

From 2nd worst to 2nd best in three years? Not bad.

LetsGoBroncos
02-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Look, I have no earthly idea how long it takes to take the 2nd worst team in the league to making them a legitimate superpower, but I'm quite three years ain't it. There is too much dearth of talent for that to happen.

From 2nd worst to 2nd best in three years? Not bad.

4-12 but I know what you are saying

bronco0608
02-03-2014, 02:13 PM
4-12 but I know what you are saying

Duly noted. Thanks.

Crushaholic
02-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Remember, we had no "Plan B". Elway loaded the team with the starting talent, to win. Unfortunately, the depth wasn't so great. That's a big component to why we lost...

spdirty
02-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Panthers were 2-14 3 years ago. Look at them now.

Super Bowls are won in March and (now) May.

bronco0608
02-03-2014, 02:22 PM
You know, Seattle had only one major player out on their whole team last night - Brandon Browner. That team has stayed amazingly healthy.

We were without some of our top players:

Ryan Clady
Von Miller
Chris Harris
Rahim Moore
Kevin Vickerson
Derek Wolfe
Stewart Bradley - Whatevs, but he was supposed to be a starter for us
Dan Koppen
JD Walton

ok, the last three is stretching it, but given the fact we weren't the deepest team in the league, and we had all those important loses from our core group, I'm proud of the guys.

Us full tilt vs Seattle full tilt? Seattle probably still wins at the point, but the game would have been a hell of a lot closer.

ant1999e
Remember, we had no "Plan B". Elway loaded the team with the starting talent, to win. Unfortunately, the depth wasn't so great. That's a big component to why we lost...

That depth took us to the Superbowl.

cutthemdown
No the coaching staff is medicore and they aren't physical enough. Also too many injuries to what good players they did have on defense. Miller, Vick, Wolfe, Harris, those guys would have made a big difference. Clady as well IMO.

bronco0608
02-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Panthers were 2-14 3 years ago. Look at them now.

Super Bowls are won in March and (now) May.

And, once again, where did they finish? Divisional playoff round?

Teams turn it around all the time, but when is that they finally make the leap and become a legitimate Super Bowl caliber team that doesn't get blown out?

It takes time.

LetsGoBroncos
02-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Funny to me that two weeks ago we were talking about how amazing it is we made it this far with all the injuries. Now we lay a giant egg and everyone sucks.

kappys
02-03-2014, 02:27 PM
The problem is how our good players recover. True ACL injuries aren't what they once were but its not uncommon for a very good player to be rendered above average after an ACL - Von Miller, Chris Harris

Lis Franc injuries remain a big question mark, especially for someone who relies on blocking every play - Ryan Clady, Champ Bailey?

Unclear if Quentin Carter or Derek Wolfe can even play football anymore.

Lot of work to do this offseason, not a lot of cap to do it with

bronco0608
02-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Funny to me that two weeks ago we were talking about how amazing it is we made it this far with all the injuries. Now we lay a giant egg and everyone sucks.

Well, not that everyone sucks per say, but we did sort of get exposed last night. We were dominated in every phase of the game.

Now, let's say our top four injured players were available for that game:

Clady probably shuts down the pass rush from the left side of the field.
Miller gives us a pass rush that was nonexistent last night.
Harris plays ballhawk defense and brings physicality to the secondary.
Moore brings sure tackling to the Safety position.

Do we win? Probably not. But we probably don't get railroaded either.

That stuff matters.

Plus, that whole damn Seattle team is on performance enhancers no one has ever heard of. Those guys can't have those physiques, that type of power tackling, and speed naturally. They really looked like a Pro Team playing a college team last night physically and that should never happen in pro football.

TonyR
02-03-2014, 03:32 PM
You know, Seattle had only one major player out on their whole team last night - Brandon Browner. That team has stayed amazingly healthy.

Also Sidney Rice, but this really doesn't change your point.

Action
02-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Seattle has been a sub 500 team before last year. Pete Carroll was in the hot seat.

Last year was their 1st year over .500 in a while. Took them 2 winning seasons to win a super bowl.

3 years is plenty.

Rausch 2.0
02-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Just me, but if I were Denver I'd create me some Montana/Young hate this year.

The offensive line is, honestly, unimpressive outside of one G and your LT, but you do have an insane number of offensive weapons.

The best time to draft a QB is when you don't need one. Spend the rest on defense...

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Well, not that everyone sucks per say, but we did sort of get exposed last night. We were dominated in every phase of the game.

Now, let's say our top four injured players were available for that game:

Clady probably shuts down the pass rush from the left side of the field.
Miller gives us a pass rush that was nonexistent last night.
Harris plays ballhawk defense and brings physicality to the secondary.
Moore brings sure tackling to the Safety position.

Do we win? Probably not. But we probably don't get railroaded either.

That stuff matters.

Plus, that whole damn Seattle team is on performance enhancers no one has ever heard of. Those guys can't have those physiques, that type of power tackling, and speed naturally. They really looked like a Pro Team playing a college team last night physically and that should never happen in pro football.

Pretty weak analysis honestly. All those guys probably play flat and uninspired too if they are healthy. The amount of excuses you people are making for this loser team and their loser coaching staff is utterly nauseating.

Archer81
02-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Pretty weak analysis honestly. All those guys probably play flat and uninspired too if they are healthy. The amount of excuses you people are making for this loser team and their loser coaching staff is utterly nauseating.

I can understand being upset about the game and its outcome. The rage you are posting with is suggesting you have harbored these thoughts for a lot longer than 48 hours.

You really need to take a breath.

:Broncos:

wolf754life
02-03-2014, 05:02 PM
I can understand being upset about the game and its outcome. The rage you are posting with is suggesting you have harbored these thoughts for a lot longer than 48 hours.

truth hurts sometimes archer homer, deal with the truth, facts, etc...

Action
02-03-2014, 05:27 PM

This is true. Agamemnon has been an idiot since his head popped out the womb.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 05:29 PM

I swear some of you people are on Paxil or something...

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
This is true. Agamemnon has been an idiot since his head popped out the womb.

That's big talk for a functional retard.

Action
02-03-2014, 05:31 PM
That's big talk for a functional retard.

Says the guy with a Patriots avatar on a Broncos forum...

rolandftw
02-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Just me, but if I were Denver I'd create me some Montana/Young hate this year.

The offensive line is, honestly, unimpressive outside of one G and your LT, but you do have an insane number of offensive weapons.

The best time to draft a QB is when you don't need one. Spend the rest on defense...

None of the top QB's will be available when Denver picks. To me, Denver has to go all in on this next season, because the following one will be cap hell

Archer81
02-03-2014, 05:33 PM
truth hurts sometimes archer homer, deal with the truth, facts, etc...

If only you were here after the team wins. Might make that "truth" you keep pushing you know...true.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Says the guy with a Patriots avatar on a Broncos forum...

Holy hell I was mostly joking about the functional retard thing. But you actually think my avatar is a Patriots avatar.

Hilarious!

Archer81
02-03-2014, 05:36 PM

No. I'm an adult. I care about the team, but not enough to ruin my whole day. You need to take a breath man, really. Its perfectly fine to be upset and pissy and acerbic. It is ridiculous to advocate blowing everything up because of a single bad loss.

If you feel the same way you do right now in two weeks, then bash away. Emotion would be divorced from the thought process and you would have had time to process it all.

TonyR
02-03-2014, 07:36 PM

I actually agree with some of what you're saying. Maybe even most of it. The problem is that it's coming from you, a person who for the last several weeks has been preaching how great and unbeatable the Broncos were and shouting down and belittling anyone who came to the table with some rationality and objectivity on the subject. Now you do a 180 and expect everybody to agree with you, now that you're singing a completely different tune. Lesson learned for you perhaps, but I won't hold my breath or expect an apology lol.