PDA

View Full Version : Manning should retire

Mile High Mojoe
02-03-2014, 02:35 PM
This wonít be popular with some of you Iím sure. Love me, hate me I don't care but this is how I see it from my armchair.

http://jeffjacques.blogspot.com/2014/02/peyton-mannings-best-play-would-be-to.html

Arkie
02-03-2014, 02:35 PM
no

Powderaddict
02-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Nope.

errand
02-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Nothing like a good loss to bring out mile high mojoe once again..... he's a rare kind of stupid.

HorseHead
02-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Hell to the no...

enjolras
Nothing like a good loss to bring out mile high mojoe once again..... he's a rare kind of stupid.

They are out in force today.

Archer81
Long offseason ahead. Oh so long.

:Broncos:

Taco John
02-03-2014, 02:46 PM
In year two of a three year project, we made it to the Superbowl. Why not see what happens in year three of that project?

Archer81
02-03-2014, 02:48 PM
In year two of a three year project, we made it to the Superbowl. Why not see what happens in year three of that project?

Like...no. Blow it up. We suck. Always suck. Always will suck. Elway should be fired. Cut everybody.

BMORE
02-03-2014, 02:48 PM
This is comical now.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Did I miss the Mile High Mojoe threads from a past time.

Rohirrim
02-03-2014, 02:49 PM

The alternative is a complete rebuild. Like the old English saying goes, "In for a penny, in for a pound."

elsid13
02-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Myspace is calling......

Arkie
02-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Of course this isn’t going to happen because Manning won’t walk away from the big money. Manning has said he still enjoys the game and wants to play but I believe what will motivate him more is astronomical paycheck he’ll receive.

Peyton is motivated by Super Bowls. Sure, he's motivated by money too like everybody else, but he grew up with money.

This is the wrong reason for him to continue because from here on out it’ll only get uglier for him and more importantly the team and the fans.

This is kinda obvious. Every QB in every season throughout all of history was uglier than Peyton in 2013.

Wes Mantooth
02-03-2014, 02:55 PM
ugh.

errand
02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
It took John Elway almost a decade and a half to win a Superbowl and yet people are whining that Manning did not win one in his second year in Denver.... Like I said mile high mojoe is a rare kind of stupid

Wes Mantooth
02-03-2014, 02:57 PM
For the record, Elway doesn't win that game yesterday if he were in it. Peyton cannot be blamed for horrible o-line play, poor decisions on kick off returns, horrible special teams play and 3rd down defense.

McDman
02-03-2014, 03:00 PM
This makes me happy.

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 03:01 PM
manning is not a leader.wish we had wilson as our QB. we are stuck with this choker

Miss I.
02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
out of curiosity, how long did it take Manning to get to a Super Bowl in Indy vs Denver? just seems to me, that despite yesterady's complete cluster of a game, we went from 0 to the top in not much time.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 03:04 PM
manning is not a leader.wish we had wilson as our QB. we are stuck with this choker

I am not sure Denver would of even made the playoffs with Wilson.

txtebow
02-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Trade Peyton to the Houston Texans for a #1, #3 and a #1 next year.....then sign Mike Vick as a FA. It worked in Madden...

yerner
02-03-2014, 03:07 PM
he won't retire, but goddamn is he useless in a football game that needs playmaking in it. dude can't move, it's worse than ever. we would have been better of with twilight playing against that pass rush.

ColoradoDarin

Made it with Tebow at QB with basically the same roster as now

Eldorado
This wonít be popular with some of you Iím sure. Love me, hate me I don't care but this is how I see it from my armchair.

http://jeffjacques.blogspot.com/2014/02/peyton-mannings-best-play-would-be-to.html

You spelled Manny wrong.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 03:09 PM

Where would 8-8 of got Denver this year? Tebow year took so much luck it was unreal. The first one is how often does 8-8 get you into the playoffs? How many major injuries did Denver have that year?

Taco John
02-03-2014, 03:13 PM

That season was comical as much as it was magical. We weren't going to do that leaving Orton in at QB, were we? Of course we weren't.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 03:14 PM

We defied serious odds to sneak in at 8-8 with Tebow at QB.

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Where would 8-8 of got Denver this year? Tebow year took so much luck it was unreal. The first one is how often does 8-8 get you into the playoffs? How many major injuries did Denver have that year?

Wilson is a much better QB than Tebow. So it's not out of the question, right?

bombquixote
02-03-2014, 03:20 PM

Yes, we've held back Osweiller for too long! :dummy:

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Peyton Manning's 24.4 Total QBR was his lowest in a game this season, and the worst in the Super Bowl since Rex Grossman in 2006 (7.1).

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
This was the first Super Bowl ever in which the winner scored at least 40 points and the loser scored less than 10 points.

Pick Six
02-03-2014, 03:23 PM
It was just "one of those games". Unfortunately, "one of those games" occurred on the biggest football stage...

spiralism
02-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Manning has to go. Winning the Superbowl next season is out of the question so he could do the decent thing and pack it in and let this team rebuild around his and Champs cap space that gets freed up.

Don't give a **** about him coming back to have us finish 10-6 and lose in the first round of the playoffs. What the hell does that achieve?

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 03:25 PM
need a mobile qb. if you are a statue, you don't have a chance.

lod01
02-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Manning is a post season ham and egger QB.

spiralism
02-03-2014, 03:28 PM
need a mobile qb. if you are a statue, you don't have a chance.

Pocket passing isnt totally dead in all fairness. But look at Brady next to Manning or Rivers, Brady has far more rushing TDs notably and is far less of a statue in the pocket. Its what sets him apart.

Gutless Drunk
02-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Pocket passing isnt totally dead in all fairness. But look at Brady next to Manning or Rivers, Brady has far more rushing TDs notably and is far less of a statue in the pocket. Its what sets him apart.

Brady has 14 rushing TD's. Manning has 18.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Wilson is a much better QB than Tebow. So it's not out of the question, right?

It's not out of the question but it is my opinion that Denver doesn't make the playoffs with him at the helm.

spiralism
02-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Brady has 14 rushing TD's. Manning has 18.

That can't be right? Brady has 3 or 4 a year at least and Manning's this year against Dallas was his first since 2008?

maven
02-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Day 1 of the offseason. Heck yeah!

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 04:01 PM
That can't be right? Brady has 3 or 4 a year at least and Manning's this year against Dallas was his first since 2008?

It is though.

bronco militia
02-03-2014, 04:02 PM
SIGN TEBOW!

24champ
02-03-2014, 04:18 PM

In year three we will do what we've done the past 2 seasons....CHOKE.

Also, Manning won't let this game be his last. 43-8 score has demolished his legacy and that's not the way you want to go out.

spiralism
02-03-2014, 04:27 PM
In year three we will do what we've done the past 2 seasons....CHOKE.

Also, Manning won't let this game be his last. 43-8 score has demolished his legacy and that's not the way you want to go out.

Yeah, one and done for him next season would be more fitting really.

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 04:28 PM
The worst part is manning doesn't think this is an embarrassment.
See how excited were seahawks players and their coach.

Manning is not a leader..when you are not a leader, you fail most of the time.

broncocalijohn
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM

Mile High Moron and no_broncos for the win.

Miss I.
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM
MANNiNG IS NOT A LEADER? Are you ****ing on drugs you dickhole? Are you ****ting me? The only reason we are where we are is because we have a ****ing QB who can throw finally and isn't getting sacked every ten ****ig seconds. NOT a ****ing leader ? are ****ing stupid or did you recently suffer a head trauma? if not maybe you need one. that gamed sucked on all kinds of levels, including Manning, but Manning not a leader, do me a favor go ****ing pick a new team to go irritate because your level of stupid is beyond me. You are beneath the Broncos, you are ****ing Raiders fan. The whole team **** the bed in front of a giant naitonal audience, that doesn't redfine Manning or his place in NFL history. I am nearly broken with grief but even I get that. I ****ing hate this place sometimes.

B-Large
02-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Manning sucked anus. The whole Offense looked scared and psyched out. The Defense held to give the Offense a chance to pry their heads out of their vaginas... Seahawks players remarked the the Broncos "gave up" in the second half.

I hope Elway looks at the future unbiased, no one being held harmless, and with a microscope. In my opinion he needs to make a statement, just not sure what it is.

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
MANNiNG IS NOT A LEADER? Are you ****ing on drugs you dickhole? Are you ****ting me? The only reason we are where we are is because we have a ****ing QB who can throw finally and isn't getting sacked every ten ****ig seconds. NOT a ****ing leader ? are ****ing stupid or did you recently suffer a head trauma? if not maybe you need one. that gamed sucked on all kinds of levels, including Manning, but Manning not a leader, do me a favor go ****ing pick a new team to go irritate because your level of stupid is beyond me. You are beneath the Broncos, you are ****ing Raiders fan. The whole team **** the bed in front of a giant naitonal audience, that doesn't redfine Manning or his place in NFL history. I am nearly broken with grief but even I get that. I ****ing hate this place sometimes.

MANNING IS NOT A LEADER..SAME goes with Champ. A leader motivates the team when they are in tough position. Manning doesn't do that. same case with Champ.

They just doesn't show leadership on the field. I want a leaders like Ray lewis, Sherman and not soft players that we have.

B-Large
02-03-2014, 04:49 PM
MANNING IS NOT A LEADER..SAME goes with Champ. A leader motivates the team when they are in tough position. Manning doesn't do that. same case with Champ.

They just doesn't show leadership on the field. I want a leaders like Ray lewis, Sherman and not soft players that we have.

I get the feeling Sherman would rip out a players soul to win. When he went on his tirade 2 weeks ago, I got this sick feeling that guy would own our guy, whomever he lined up against. I'll bet nobody on that D wants to disappointed him. And if his team needed it, I am sure he'd go out and knock a players block off to rile his team up.

24champ
02-03-2014, 04:50 PM
MANNiNG IS NOT A LEADER? Are you ****ing on drugs you dickhole? Are you ****ting me? The only reason we are where we are is because we have a ****ing QB who can throw finally and isn't getting sacked every ten ****ig seconds. NOT a ****ing leader ? are ****ing stupid or did you recently suffer a head trauma? if not maybe you need one. that gamed sucked on all kinds of levels, including Manning, but Manning not a leader, do me a favor go ****ing pick a new team to go irritate because your level of stupid is beyond me. You are beneath the Broncos, you are ****ing Raiders fan. The whole team **** the bed in front of a giant naitonal audience,that doesn't redfine Manning or his place in NFL history. I am nearly broken with grief but even I get that. I ****ing hate this place sometimes.

I beg to differ.

It defined his legacy, from a football standpoint he's in a class with guys like Marino, and Jim Kelly. Perennial choker.

Just like those guys, Manning has always represented the league and his teams well. He's a great guy, very nice and businesslike. It could be worse, like having Jay Cutler as the QB of the team.

Arkie
02-03-2014, 05:02 PM
It defined his legacy, from a football standpoint he's in a class with guys like Marino, and Jim Kelly. Perennial choker.

Except Peyton has a Super Bowl MVP, has been in three of the last eight Super Bowls with two different franchises, and his legacy isn't done.

B-Large
02-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I beg to differ.

Just like those guys, Manning has always represented the league and his teams well. He's a great guy, very nice and businesslike. It could be worse, like having Jay Cutler as the QB of the team.

I think people are starting to rethink the voluntary delusion that has been created around Manning by his followers. He is an excellent football player and outstanding man. But he clearly has the propensity to come up short when he needs to come up big... The delusion, to me, is that it's always someone else, the Oline, the Receivers, the Backs, etc-. perhaps there's some truth to these excuses, but Peyton owns and control the offense- he's the one who we hear about with endless preperation and scheming on a whole other level... The master technician of the modern NFL offense... So it leads to reason he is responsible to actively engage his players and make changes when they need to be made when what they're doing is failing. To me, it looks like they did the same **** over and over and thought that would will the plan to work... It didn't, it was abysmal.

KipCorrington25
02-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Stupidest post of the year, well done.

broncocalijohn
02-03-2014, 05:06 PM

I know you were in India at the time but are you calling John Elway not a leader in 86-89?

Action
02-03-2014, 05:10 PM
This loss was obviously beyond X's and O's. It was a mentality thing and Pete Carroll knows how to get his team ready for the big games and compete. It's not all about winning, it's about competing and Pete has been doing that at the biggest level since USC.

While, much of team might be on roids, their mentality was just outright dominant.

I think Ihenacho said it well when he said everyone on the team needs to rethink of what their identity truly is in terms of the group as a whole.

We know the Seahawks defense is a mean, physical, smash mouth, we don't give a **** what you think type of guys. What are we?

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 05:14 PM

Yet Wilson completely outplayed Manning in the Super Bowl. Good take.

Pony Boy
02-03-2014, 05:14 PM
I don't want him to retire but I guarantee I will never set foot in a Papa John's again...... chisel that in stone.

24champ
02-03-2014, 05:15 PM
I think people are starting to rethink the voluntary delusion that has been created around Manning by his followers. He is an excellent football player and outstanding man. But he clearly has the propensity to come up short when he needs to come up big... The delusion, to me, is that it's always someone else, the Oline, the Receivers, the Backs, etc-. perhaps there's some truth to these excuses, but Peyton owns and control the offense- he's the one who we hear about with endless preperation and scheming on a whole other level... The master technician of the modern NFL offense... So it leads to reason he is responsible to actively engage his players and make changes when they need to be made when what they're doing is failing. To me, it looks like they did the same **** over and over and thought that would will the plan to work... It didn't, it was abysmal.

It would appear we over-schemed for this seahawk defense. The seahawks players were saying in the postgame that we used plays (forget what play it was) from an Arizona-Seattle game that the Seahawks had trouble with.

Problem was that the Broncos never used that play all season, and yet it was installed for the SB game.

Action
02-03-2014, 05:16 PM

You are making some ****ty posts.

Wilson outplayed Manning...and so did his defense. But I guess you'll just completely throw that out of the equation.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 05:21 PM
You are making some ****ty posts.

Wilson outplayed Manning...and so did his defense. But I guess you'll just completely throw that out of the equation.

Whenever you think my post is ****ty I know I'm on the right track.

Action
02-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Whenever you think my post is ****ty I know I'm on the right track.

Keep telling yourself that, ****in idiot.

Your logic is absolutely horrible. The way I see it is, when someone defers the conversation to outside of football, they already lost.

24champ
02-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Except Peyton has a Super Bowl MVP, has been in three of the last eight Super Bowls with two different franchises, and his legacy isn't done.

You are right, he's also one Super Bowl loss away from tying Jim Kelly's record.

Action
02-03-2014, 05:26 PM
You are right, he's also one Super Bowl loss away from tying Jim Kelly's record.

So was John Elway. He played in 2 where he could have tied it.

Stop finishing the story before it's even written.

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I know you were in India at the time but are you calling John Elway not a leader in 86-89?

I like the QB's that improves their play once the playoff starts.manning is opposite of that.

There is a reason why everyone calls him a choker or doesn't perform well in big games.
you would have said the same thing if he was not our QB.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 05:34 PM

Yeah, cause they were playing tennis.

Thank God the Mane doesnt run the Broncos. Osweiler and a bunch of rookie FA's would be starting next season. Rebuild!

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
I like the QB's that improves their play once the playoff starts.manning is opposite of that.

There is a reason why everyone calls him a choker or doesn't perform well in big games.

Now that he had a **** game in the super bowl, the divisional and AFC championship are completely forgotten about. Dump the Hall of Fame Legend/2013 MVP...bring on brock. Yeah

McDman
02-03-2014, 05:36 PM
out of curiosity, how long did it take Manning to get to a Super Bowl in Indy vs Denver? just seems to me, that despite yesterady's complete cluster of a game, we went from 0 to the top in not much time.

Stop being level headed.

P.s. I love you.

Action
02-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Yeah, cause they were playing tennis.

Thank God the Mane doesnt run the Broncos. Osweiler and a bunch of rookie FA's would be starting next season. Rebuild!

Osweiler? I think Zac Dysert would be starting or the hottest high school QB at the time would be.

What I do know is, Von Miller, DT, JT, Decker, Moreno, Vickerson, etc would all have been cut prior to this season starting.

eddie mac
02-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Children please just take your ball and **** off home. The Broncos do not need fans like you.

24champ
02-03-2014, 05:40 PM
So was John Elway. He played in 2 where he could have tied it.

Stop finishing the story before it's even written.

John Elway was 14-7 in the playoffs while Manning is 11-12 and holds the record for most one and dones.

The story is written. Just needs a better ending than Manning getting gang raped.

24champ
02-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Now that he had a **** game in the super bowl, the divisional and AFC championship are completely forgotten about. Dump the Hall of Fame Legend/2013 MVP...bring on brock. Yeah

When was the last time Broccoli took a meaningful snap? 2-3 years ago?

I don't think anyone is clamoring for the guy.

Archer81
02-03-2014, 05:50 PM
This thread is so ridiculous.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Children please just take your ball and **** off home. The Broncos do not need fans like you.

So they need excuse-making chump fans who refuse to hold their team accountable for utter and complete failure on the biggest possible stage? They need fans that are too stupid to realize that you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result? Okay man, whatever you say.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM
When was the last time Broccoli took a meaningful snap? 2-3 years ago?

I don't think anyone is clamoring for the guy.

Some on this board are!

broncocalijohn
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM

Just answer the question Claire. Is Elway a choker and should have canned himself in 86 to 89?

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Just answer the question Claire. Is Elway a choker and should have canned himself in 86 to 89?

I think most of us knew even back then that Dan Reeves was the real problem. That man could not prepare a team for a Super Bowl to save his life and his "playing not to lose" style was a joke. Plus the parallel is just not valid. Elway was still young with many years left to his playing career. Manning is all but done, and the story on him is pretty much written.

Arkie
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM

He's two Super Bowl losses away from Jim Kelly, one loss away from Elway.

eddie mac
02-03-2014, 06:09 PM
So they need excuse-making chump fans who refuse to hold their team accountable for utter and complete failure on the biggest possible stage? They need fans that are too stupid to realize that you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result? Okay man, whatever you say.

So I'm gonna call out an entire team for not turning up in one game yet not give them any credit for pulverising the AFC in the other 18 and in the process setting NFL records across the board. Yeah I'll call them out, they were woeful on the day but I can see beyond one game where we had the best QB in the league, the best receivers in the league and probably one of the best offensive lines in the league. One game isn't gonna make me lose my rag and call for all and sundry to get the boot just because we got blown out in a Superbowl. Do you honestly think we'd have ever won in 98 and 99 if we'd given up on John Elway after the 9ers fiasco???

For sure some players will have to go but this is still a good team and if anyone can figure out a way to get us back there and be competitive this time it's John Elway. The man has worked wonders in the front office.

I think the pain and backlash on here today isn't because we are **** but more because we played like ****. That wasn't our team that turned up yesterday.

Mile High Mojoe
02-03-2014, 06:11 PM

The money and another wasted opportunity to improve the team overall is why he shouldn't come back. Let Champ go, Manning retires it opens up all kinds of cap possibilities. The O needs some tweaking on the line but Clady should be back and if Moreno is gone Ball will be a nice replacement. Sign another back up RB, then focus all the attention on the D. The O will still be good and Brock could probably take this team to the playoffs as is anyway. I just think for the money and Manning's record and past performance in the playoffs it'll be just another year without a ring.

eddie mac
02-03-2014, 06:13 PM
The money and another wasted opportunity to improve the team overall is why he shouldn't come back. Let Champ go, Manning retires it opens up all kinds of cap possibilities. The O needs some tweaking on the line but Clady should be back and if Moreno is gone Ball will be a nice replacement. Sign another back up RB, then focus all the attention on the D. The O will still be good and Brock could probably take this team to the playoffs as is anyway. I just think for the money and Manning's record and past performance in the playoffs it'll be just another year without a ring.

So what you're saying is that Osweiler = Manning. :giggle:

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 06:18 PM

Its very hard to win NFL games without a quarterback.

We have the reinging NFL MVP, Hall of fame QB.

Mile High Mojoe thinks we should scrap him to open up cap and let Osweiler start: a guy who has never played a meaningful snap and has looked terrible in the ones he has.

Mile High Mojoe thinks this is the key to Super Bowl success.

Mile High Mojoe is a retard.

Mile High Mojoe
02-03-2014, 06:22 PM
So what you're saying is that Osweiler = Manning. :giggle:

Not at all but at this point Manning is 2-2 in postseason games and that was the reason he was signed, to win them and to win a Super Bowl. Had he won yesterday I might feel different about him but today he's still the X-Colt QB who chokes in the playoffs. I can't even bring myself to call him a Bronco, the SB win yesterday would have cemented his legacy as one but today he's still just an overpriced gun for hire short cut and a prima donna nothing more.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Its very hard to win NFL games without a quarterback.

We have the reinging NFL MVP, Hall of fame QB.

Mile High Mojoe thinks we should scrap him to open up cap and let Osweiler start: a guy who has never played a meaningful snap and has looked terrible in the ones he has.

Mile High Mojoe thinks this is the key to Super Bowl success.

Mile High Mojoe is a retard.

While I agree with him on many key points, I find his faith in Osweiler pretty hilarious. I mostly figure Osweiler will get us a high pick with which we can possibly get a real QB prospect.

Mile High Mojoe
02-03-2014, 06:26 PM
While I agree with him on many key points, I find his faith in Osweiler pretty hilarious. I mostly figure Osweiler will get us a high pick with which we can possibly get a real QB prospect.

See, I have no problem with this either but something needs to change. Bottom line Manning won't get it done. I've said it once I'll say it again, if he couldn't win with the offensive players he had around him this year he'll never win never.

McDman
02-03-2014, 06:26 PM

I mean you are literally retarded. Literally.

McDman
02-03-2014, 06:27 PM

I'd be embarassed.

24champ
02-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Manning isn't going anywhere, he will be back next season.

Yeah because Broccoli has taken a lot of meaningful snaps the last 2-3 years.

http://gifstumblr.com/images/you-are-literally-too-stupid-to-insult_1171.gif

broncocalijohn
02-03-2014, 06:57 PM

Ask the Eagles and Washington how a guaranteed "all star" team does when you buy free agents. Do you really think Super Bowl opportunities grow on trees? We had not been there since 1999. Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton and Tebow all could not lead us there. We went and got a guy that has the experience of winning and being in the super bowl a few times. We just got there this season of his 2nd year at Denver. We already got it and now you want to throw it away and hope we get there again. Go back to blogging somewhere else.

gadlaw
02-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Operative phrase 'from my armchair' - Payton and the Broncos had a spectacularly bad game and he's signed for multiple years by the Broncos and perhaps those folks might know a little bit more about football than you do. It's a silly suggestion now. Two years ago it was a valid point of discussion but not now.

maher_tyler
02-03-2014, 07:32 PM
I guess Manning let the Seattle D line push our line around all game. Hard to throw the ball accurately when you're getting pressure in your face and getting flushed from the pocket most of the game. He also snapped the ball over his own head. When he had time he made the throws. The lone TD for example. Bottom line, the whole team minus a few players played like ****. Seattle played like they wanted it more from start to finish. Even their fans were louder.

McDman
02-03-2014, 07:50 PM

You are literally the dumbest person ever.

broncocalijohn
02-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Not at all but at this point Manning is 2-2 in postseason games and that was the reason he was signed, to win them and to win a Super Bowl. Had he won yesterday I might feel different about him but today he's still the X-Colt QB who chokes in the playoffs. I can't even bring myself to call him a Bronco, the SB win yesterday would have cemented his legacy as one but today he's still just an overpriced gun for hire short cut and a prima donna nothing more.

All I needed to read from this clown. We win a SB with Manning and he just might feel different about the signing. Let me know how you plan on winning these little things called Superbowls every 2 to 4 years. Maybe blog about your super team without Manning. You realize guys like Rivers haven't been to a Superbowl? Pretty good QB too. These trophies don't grow on trees. Talent like Manning with the pieces around him gets that special trophy. Flacco doesn't get it without a defense.

Gutless Drunk
02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
You realize guys like Rivers haven't been to a Superbowl? Pretty good QB too. These trophies don't grow on trees.

or Favre won 1 in 20 years.

or Brees won 1 in 13 years.

theAPAOps5
02-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Like...no. Blow it up. We suck. Always suck. Always will suck. Elway should be fired. Cut everybody.

Move the team to Dubai!

errand
02-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Day 1 of the offseason. Heck yeah!

this would have been true had we won the game as well.....

errand
02-03-2014, 08:58 PM
You are literally the dumbest person ever.

Yes he is...but what's funny is he's not alone on here in his sentiments. He's not the only one who silently rejoiced when the Broncos were handed their asses in the SB.

I know people get tired of me calling other "fans" out...but thiese kind of clowns really get my blood boiling. But like i said, some fans are better than others.

errand
02-03-2014, 09:01 PM
I guess Manning let the Seattle D line push our line around all game. Hard to throw the ball accurately when you're getting pressure in your face and getting flushed from the pocket....When he had time he made the throws. The lone TD for example.

I've not seen that much pressure on a Broncos QB in the SB since Morton wore a Too Tall Jones and Randy White overcoat for the first 3 quarters of SB XII.....

errand
02-03-2014, 09:06 PM
It took John Elway 4 seasons to go to a SB and 15 seasons to win a SB with the Broncos.....Peyton has taken them to one in only his 2nd season.

Amazingly, nobody with half a brain thought the Broncos should get rid of Elway...but these new fans are a different kind of stupid.

errand
02-03-2014, 09:10 PM

So your point is that Jim Kelly sucks?

You need to realize that going to the SB is tough...winning it is even tougher.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 09:13 PM
This place is going to be unbearable for at least a year. If the same team comes back, the mane won't even be happy if they go 16-0. They won't be happy if they win the divisional and afc championship. We will hear people say "yeah, but" with every win.

I dunno why I bother

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 09:14 PM
It took John Elway 4 seasons to go to a SB and 15 seasons to win a SB with the Broncos.....Peyton has taken them to one in only his 2nd season.

Amazingly, nobody with half a brain thought the Broncos should get rid of Elway...but these new fans are a different kind of stupid.

Wilson won SB within couple of years. you suck in your analogy. the days are long gone when teams wait for the QB to develop. This is win now mode.
no one knows what will happen next year.

With free agency and cap space..the window is short.This was our golden chance. we played like a high school team.

Gutless Drunk
02-03-2014, 09:17 PM
This place is going to be unbearable for at least a year. If the same team comes back, the mane won't even be happy if they go 16-0. They won't be happy if they win the divisional and afc championship. We will hear people say "yeah, but" with every win.

I dunno why I bother

Not just the Mane. That will be the reaction from any and everyone. That's why the loss was so brutal it ruined this year and next year. No matter what happens all that will be said is "they will choke in the Super Bowl"

It's going to suck so bad. Just need to stop paying any attention to the media, I guess.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Wilson won SB within couple of years. you suck in your analogy. the days are long gone when teams wait for the QB to develop. This is win now mode.
no one knows what will happen next year.

With free agency and cap space..the window is short.This was our golden chance. we played like a high school team.

We played awful, but it's not a reason to dump your best player. And stop comparing him to Wilson. It makes no ****ing sense. They were playing against completely diff defenses

SonOfLe-loLang
Not just the Mane. That will be the reaction from any and everyone. That's why the loss was so brutal it ruined this year and next year. No matter what happens all that will be said is "they will choke in the Super Bowl"

It's going to suck so bad. Just need to stop paying any attention to the media, I guess.

Yep. Good point

errand
John Elway was 14-7 in the playoffs while Manning is 11-12 and holds the record for most one and dones.

The story is written. Just needs a better ending than Manning getting gang raped.

Prior to '97-'98 seasons he was 7-7....and was labelled a choker and loser. Opposing team fans would poke fun at his lack of Sb wins all the time...it's amazing how a post season record can vastly improve once a HoF QB has a very good and healthy team built around him......

Elway as the biggest cog in the machine 7-7 in playoffs with losses in the SB getting progressively worse by 13 point leaps (lost by 19 in XXI, 32 in XXII and 45 in XXIV)

Elway as a main cog, but not the biggest cog in machine goes 7-0 and wins back to back titles.

24champ
02-03-2014, 09:36 PM
So your point is that Jim Kelly sucks?

You need to realize that going to the SB is tough...winning it is even tougher.

Did I say Jim Kelly sucks? No.

I just said Manning is in the class of Kelly, Warner, and Marino. Not the Montanas, Bradshaw, Brady, and Elway.

theAPAOps5
02-03-2014, 09:45 PM

I dunno why I bother

No one is forcing you to come here. I would hate to see you leave, but if you don't want to hear the crap that is surely going to come in the next few months then don't subject yourself to it.

bronc_fan23
02-03-2014, 09:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Top playoff DVOA (passing only) since 1989: <a href="http://t.co/MJb5BSkRAv">pic.twitter.com/MJb5BSkRAv</a></p>&mdash; Scott Kacsmar (@FO_ScottKacsmar) <a href="https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/statuses/430555012750528512">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

barryr
02-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Manning has actually taken more teams deeper into the playoffs or even there with not as much talent. This Bronco defense was not very good and that was even before all the injuries. Do people really think Decker could put up big numbers on a different team? Until the Broncos find a legit defense, the QB won't matter.

orangenblue
02-03-2014, 10:03 PM
For the record, Elway doesn't win that game yesterday if he were in it. Peyton cannot be blamed for horrible o-line play, poor decisions on kick off returns, horrible special teams play and 3rd down defense.

Wrong! Elway was way more mobile and had a better arm than Manning.

Pick Six
02-03-2014, 10:21 PM

We'll never know, because there was no Orangemane...

Arkie
02-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Did I say Jim Kelly sucks? No.

I just said Manning is in the class of Kelly, Warner, and Marino. Not the Montanas, Bradshaw, Brady, and Elway.

Those are all good QBs. They deserve to be in the discussion. Here are some points on why I consider Peyton to be better, and he isn't done yet.

The '70s Steelers were probably the greatest dynasty ever. Those other QBs you listed could have won 4 Super Bowls with them.
Montana was in the perfect system. Young had arguably the greatest three years of any QB in that 49ers system.
Brady is a key part of a great team. It seems like a team where "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." Would he have had success on other teams?
Manning has a record 5 MVPs and dispelled the myth he couldn't win the big game when he won Super Bowl MVP verse the #1 defense.
Manning has taken two franchises to the Super Bowl. Warner achieved the same feat, but his level of greatness was relatively short.
Elway was always in a class of his own in my mind, but the haters said he couldn't win the big game. He finally got a team built around him like Brady, Montana, and Bradshaw enjoyed during the prime of their careers. Elway is proof that being a great QB isn't enough to be in the top class. You have be lucky enough to play on a great team too.

winstoncup bronco
02-04-2014, 09:35 AM

I dunno why I bother

It's a fair argument though. When you are in "win now" mode, you need to win now. We just had the most prolific offense in NFL history, and we still lost. Media will be brutal next season no matter what we do, but you can't deny even a little of it is justified.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Wrong! Elway was way more mobile and had a better arm than Manning.

to be far this may be true BUT IT TOOK ELWAY HOW MANY TIMES BEFORE HE WON A SUPER BOWL...IT ONLY TOOK MANNING 1....^5

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 09:45 AM
It's a fair argument though. When you are in "win now" mode, you need to win now. We just had the most prolific offense in NFL history, and we still lost. Media will be brutal next season no matter what we do, but you can't deny even a little of it is justified.

Hell they were brutal the last 2 weeks MEDIA DONT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS

24champ
02-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Those are all good QBs. They deserve to be in the discussion. Here are some points on why I consider Peyton to be better, and he isn't done yet.

The '70s Steelers were probably the greatest dynasty ever. Those other QBs you listed could have won 4 Super Bowls with them.
Montana was in the perfect system. Young had arguably the greatest three years of any QB in that 49ers system.
Brady is a key part of a great team. It seems like a team where "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts." Would he have had success on other teams?
Manning has a record 5 MVPs and dispelled the myth he couldn't win the big game when he won Super Bowl MVP verse the #1 defense.
Manning has taken two franchises to the Super Bowl. Warner achieved the same feat, but his level of greatness was relatively short.
Elway was always in a class of his own in my mind, but the haters said he couldn't win the big game. He finally got a team built around him like Brady, Montana, and Bradshaw enjoyed during the prime of their careers. Elway is proof that being a great QB isn't enough to be in the top class. You have be lucky enough to play on a great team too.

Those other guys you dismiss for being on great teams, all won the same awards that Manning did. Bottom line is the game on Sunday showed us all that stats and records don't mean jack s***. Historic season to be sure, but nobody is gonna remember it. People will have the 8 points and a botched snap seared into their heads.

I've seen a lot of references to John Elway winning the Super Bowl after getting embarrassed in them. John Elway was 27-28 years old and in his prime and it took him 8 years to get back into the Super Bowl after the Broncos got ran out of the stadium by the Niners. 55-10.

Manning doesn't have that kind of time and I don't see it happening for him.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Those other guys you dismiss for being on great teams, all won the same awards that Manning did. Bottom line is the game on Sunday showed us all that stats and records don't mean jack s***. Historic season to be sure, but nobody is gonna remember it. People will have the 8 points and a botched snap seared into their heads.

I've seen a lot of references to John Elway winning the Super Bowl after getting embarrassed in them. John Elway was 27-28 years old and in his prime and it took him 8 years to get back into the Super Bowl after the Broncos got ran out of the stadium by the Niners. 55-10.

Well if that be the case at least he has 1 ring more then most but I KNOW FOR SURE that Peyton and the Broncos will give it EVERYTHING THEY GOT

winstoncup bronco
02-04-2014, 10:27 AM

Exactly.

New England had an amazing, once in a lifetime 16-0 regular season, yet no one ever talks about them as being a great team because <drum roll> they lost the damn Super Bowl.

It's unfortunate, but losing a Super Bowl is worse than not making it at all.

Just the way it is.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Exactly.

New England had an amazing, once in a lifetime 16-0 regular season, yet no one ever talks about them as being a great team because <drum roll> they lost the damn Super Bowl.

Just the way it is.

cant argue with that

go_broncos
02-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Exactly.

Just the way it is.

Of all the 31 teams that doesn't win SB, the fans of the team that lost in SB feel the most pain.
Unfortunately, in NFL..there is no runner up trophy. The worst part is you are going to pick 31st.

Mile High Mojoe
02-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Yes he is...but what's funny is he's not alone on here in his sentiments. He's not the only one who silently rejoiced when the Broncos were handed their asses in the SB.

I know people get tired of me calling other "fans" out...but thiese kind of clowns really get my blood boiling. But like i said, some fans are better than others.

Yesterday I wore my Broncos shirt and Cap in public and I live in the NW were most people are Seahawks Fans. You talk about hard, I took a lot of well natured ribbing too all day. I own the loss because Iím a ďrealĒ Broncos fan.

The thing that instantly gets my blood boiling is when I get questioned about my fandom by fan's who think that being a loyal fan means not critiquing the team or the play.

At no point did I every say to you personally or anyone else on the OM that you were not ďreal fansĒ but youíve accused me of it. I take the Broncos games very seriously, I take winning very seriously. When my team goes to the Super Bowl and loses I take it very seriously. It took 15 years for us to get back to this game and it could 15 or more before we get back again who knows for sure. So when my team loses the biggest game theyíve played for 15 years to a team they should at the very least given a competitive game too I get furious. I still am. If some of tenderhearted fans donít like what I have to say donít read nor respond but donít say Iím not a ďreal fanĒ.

In so many words here youíre saying Iím not a ďreal fanĒ like you is that right? Iím not allowed to have my own opinion? If I donít share yours Iím not a fan, is that it?

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Yesterday I wore my Broncos shirt and Cap in public and I live in the NW were most people are Seahawks Fans. You talk about hard, I took a lot of well natured ribbing too all day. I own the loss because Iím a ďrealĒ Broncos fan.

The thing that instantly gets my blood boiling is when I get questioned about my fandom by fan's who think that being a loyal fan means not critiquing the team or the play.

At no point did I every say to you personally or anyone else on the OM that you were not a ďreal fansĒ but youíve accused me of it. I take the Broncos games very seriously, I take winning very seriously. When my team goes to the Super Bowl and loses I take it very seriously. It took 15 years for us to get back to this game and it could 15 or more before we get back again who knows for sure. So when my team loses the biggest game theyíve played for 15 years to a team they should at the very least given a competitive game too I get furious. I still am. If some of tenderhearted fans donít like what I have to say donít read nor respond but donít say Iím not ďreal fanĒ.

In so many words here youíre saying Iím not ďreal fanĒ like you is that right? Iím not allowed to have my own opinion? If I donít share yours Iím not a fan, is that it?

You know, I'm not going to question your "fandom", but I will question your judgement. Getting rid of Manning at this point would be about the worst thing the Broncos could do, if they are trying to get back to and win a Superbowl.

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 11:20 AM

At no point did I every say to you personally or anyone else on the OM that you were not a ďreal fansĒ but youíve accused me of it. I take the Broncos games very seriously, I take winning very seriously. When my team goes to the Super Bowl and loses I take it very seriously. It took 15 years for us to get back to this game and it could 15 or more before we get back again who knows for sure. So when my team loses the biggest game theyíve played for 15 years to a team they should at the very least given a competitive game too I get furious. I still am. If some of tenderhearted fans donít like what I have to say donít read nor respond but donít say Iím not ďreal fanĒ.

In so many words here youíre saying Iím not ďreal fanĒ like you is that right? Iím not allowed to have my own opinion? If I donít share yours Iím not a fan, is that it?

SAY IT AGAIN CAUSE THIS IS THE MARK OF A TRUE FAN....:kiss:

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 11:23 AM
SAY IT AGAIN CAUSE THIS IS THE MARK OF A TRUE FAN....:kiss:

dAMN I NEED TO LEARN TO COMPREHEND WHAT iM READING please X OUT MY AGREEING WITH HIM ...I understand being upset okay but ....

ScottXray
02-04-2014, 11:37 AM
I am upset as anyone about the game. Having gone through all seven
of these I did not expect the result.

1. the Seashawks were the better team...in EVERY facet.

2. The Broncos team that showed up was not the team I had seen most of the year. I thought that the game would be close and that Denver would win.
Instead they acted like scared children from the first snap.

3. Not sure who can be blamed...but Fox deserves a good portion. I know the players have to play, the coaches coach. But the surprise on the teams faces at the crowd noise the first snap was evident. And that was a coaches mistake. The rest of the game plan was piss poor, and Seattle was ready for everything we tried. And Denver Seattle played in the preseason, and the same result occurred. Denver was not prepared. Coaching problem.

4. I would not mind if Fox was fired. Elway doesn't knee jerk though. Sometimes I wish he would.

broncocalijohn
02-04-2014, 11:56 AM
You know, I'm not going to question your "fandom", but I will question your judgement. Getting rid of Manning at this point would be about the worst thing the Broncos could do, if they are trying to get back to and win a Superbowl.

Exactly. MHM is a Broncos fan but he makes us all look retarded when he blogs to the world. Luckily, it reaches maybe double digits. He posts on the Mane? It reaches thousands and thousands of views. Then it gets cut n pasted or linked to places like Chief Planet where they think we all agree with MHM's takes. Getting rid of Manning or saying Luck is hot garbage is two prime examples. Best to be quiet and we would never know how Mile High Mojoe thinks.

nyuk nyuk
02-04-2014, 12:16 PM

This thread belongs in the Butt.

Calling for a HOF QB to retire because the whole team had a catastrophic meltdown after a regular season of unprecedented production.

So, who would you rather have than PFM? Kolb? Vick?

stagger lee
02-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Colts should release or trade Luck. He's been there 2 years and has a losing playoff record. Wilson is obviously the bestest cuz he won in year 2. /MHM

broncocalijohn
02-04-2014, 12:37 PM
dAMN I NEED TO LEARN TO COMPREHEND WHAT iM READING please X OUT MY AGREEING WITH HIM ...I understand being upset okay but ....

Not only that but comprehension, spelling, use of caps, punctuation, etc.

Durango
02-04-2014, 01:08 PM

Absolutely. C'mon people.

NUB
02-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Manning is a choke artist. I don't see how anybody could argue against that. His level of play in the postseason drops off a ****ing cliff compared to his usual, steamroller self that you see during the regular season. That said, he's easily Denver's best shot for next year. I believe his arm strength is fading and the pressure of his 'legacy' seriously might be messing with his head, but Osweiler or whoever else is not going to get the job done next year.

Also, the AFC is slimpickings right now. The top two teams were Tom Brady with a bunch of nobodies, and Denver who spent most of the season crushing tomato cans. Even a fading Manning could easily top the AFC. But there's a litany of very similar, tough defense-teams in the NFC that whoever goes against them better be ready to game.

mhgaffney
02-04-2014, 01:23 PM
I agree with the thread.

Manning should have had the team fired up and ready to play. But the coaches also share in this.

All should go. Clean house.

broncocalijohn
02-04-2014, 01:37 PM
I agree with the thread.

Manning should have had the team fired up and ready to play. But the coaches also share in this.

You keep saying this in every possible thread. I have you on Retard. Please help us understand your dribble.

Name all positions and who you want to replace them with? Don't forget cap space too!

I doubt Mr. Front Office Guy won't be responding with anything rational.

BroncoBeavis
02-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Manning is a choke artist. I don't see how anybody could argue against that. His level of play in the postseason drops off a ****ing cliff compared to his usual, steamroller self that you see during the regular season. That said, he's easily Denver's best shot for next year. I believe his arm strength is fading and the pressure of his 'legacy' seriously might be messing with his head, but Osweiler or whoever else is not going to get the job done next year.

Also, the AFC is slimpickings right now. The top two teams were Tom Brady with a bunch of nobodies, and Denver who spent most of the season crushing tomato cans. Even a fading Manning could easily top the AFC. But there's a litany of very similar, tough defense-teams in the NFC that whoever goes against them better be ready to game.

Manning was stellar in both prior games. The simplest difference to see was the OL being fundamentally pwned in that last game.

Manning obviously needs to be better prepared for pressure when it comes, instead of committing mindbending, game-breaking turnovers. But I think it's tough to make the Manning psyche arguments anymore with how he played on two very large stages leading up to this one.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Here's how it breaks down for those of you who think those of us who want Manning to retire are crazy:

1) We think Manning is a choke artist and will do the same exact thing next year, you apparently don't.

2) We do not think that there is any chance we win a Super Bowl after this massacre, you apparently do.

3) We want to get this chapter in Bronco history over with so we can start rebuilding right away, you apparently want to drag it out and are hoping that this fatally flawed team can be fixed and win it all somehow before Manning's arm completely dies.

In other words we simply have completely different takes on things right now. I don't think either of us is crazy or irrational. We just don't agree on the current state of the Broncos, at all.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Manning was stellar in both prior games. The simplest difference to see was the OL being fundamentally pwned in that last game.

Manning obviously needs to be better prepared for pressure when it comes, instead of committing mindbending, game-breaking turnovers. But I think it's tough to make the Manning psyche arguments anymore with how he played on two very large stages leading up to this one.

Manning just doesn't handle pressure well at all. He developed a very quick release to avoid the issue most of the time, but he seems to completely fold when he actually starts getting hit. It's a fatal flaw in playoff football unfortunately.

edog24
02-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Manning just doesn't handle pressure well at all. He developed a very quick release to avoid the issue most of the time, but he seems to completely fold when he actually starts getting hit. It's a fatal flaw in playoff football unfortunately.

I think part of this is coaching ultimately. We have known about this since we signed him so why are they not practicing it at game speed?

Line up someone on the blindside, have our OL intentionally whiff (maybe just exclude a lineman) and have someone tee off on DT and Decker?

UberBroncoMan
02-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Looking forward to the draft.

BroncoBeavis
02-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Here's how it breaks down for those of you who think those of us who want Manning to retire are crazy:

1) We think Manning is a choke artist and will do the same exact thing next year, you apparently don't.

2) We do not think that there is any chance we win a Super Bowl after this massacre, you apparently do.

3) We want to get this chapter in Bronco history over with so we can start rebuilding right away, you apparently want to drag it out and are hoping that this fatally flawed team can be fixed and win it all somehow before Manning's arm completely dies.

In other words we simply have completely different takes on things right now. I don't think either of us is crazy or irrational. We just don't agree on the current state of the Broncos, at all.

It was a discouraging loss for sure. But let me lay it out a different way.

If you had to lay money on who was more likely to win an NFL championship in the next 5 years, would you bet on Peyton Manning or Brock Osweiler?

In my mind, there's probably a 75% chance we'll find out that Brock's not even an NFL-caliber starter. Not because of anything he's done. That's just my perception of the averages involved with mid-round draft QB talent.

So yes, it'll take some good luck for PFM to win one from here on out.

But setting PFM aside for a guy we're not even sure can win games in the NFL in the first place? Might as well start buying lotto tickets.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 02:50 PM
It was a discouraging loss for sure. But let me lay it out a different way.

If you had to lay money on who was more likely to win an NFL championship in the next 5 years, would you bet on Peyton Manning or Brock Osweiler?

In my mind, there's probably a 75% chance we'll find out that Brock's not even an NFL-caliber starter. Not because of anything he's done. That's just my perception of the averages involved with mid-round draft QB talent.

So yes, it'll take some good luck for PFM to win one from here on out.

But setting PFM aside for a guy we're not even sure can win games in the NFL in the first place? Might as well start buying lotto tickets.

Brock Osweiler? Part of the rebuilding I'm referring to is replacing that guy asap.

HorseHead
02-04-2014, 02:50 PM
So let me get this straight: we need to replace the guy that just threw for 5,000 yards and 50 td's with someone we not even sure about?

Holy schnikees, it's getting a little weird up in here..

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 02:53 PM
So let me get this straight: we need to replace the guy that just threw for 5,000 yards and 50 td's with someone we not even sure about?

Holy schnikees, it's getting a little weird up in here..

That guy also choked in the biggest game of his life for the upteenth time.

Bronco Yoda
02-04-2014, 02:54 PM
We have a HOF QB and yet the grass is always greener?

oubronco
02-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Colts should release or trade Luck. He's been there 2 years and has a losing playoff record. Wilson is obviously the bestest cuz he won in year 2. /MHM

Maybe they will trade him for a 7th ;D

BroncoBeavis
02-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Brock Osweiler? Part of the rebuilding I'm referring to is replacing that guy asap.

Even if that's the case, who do you see in the draft @ 31 or later that's ready to lead the 2014 Broncos to anything more than a late-season-AFCW-cellarmaster matchup with Oakland? :)

Looking at our contracts, 2015 would be the most logical blow-it-up-year anyway. Absolutely have to give this thing at least one more go.

oubronco
02-04-2014, 02:57 PM

And who in the hell is supposed to replace him so we can win a Superbowl?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Agamemnon reminds me of Randy Quaid in Major League 2: He decides to take his stand against the team when he feels it wronged him. Will double down on it to get attention, no matter how dumb his hypothesis is (and, by the way, its really dumb) Will probably spend the entire season telling us how Manning sucks despite success.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Even if that's the case, who do you see in the draft @ 31 or later that's ready to lead the 2014 Broncos to anything more than a late-season-AFCW-cellarmaster matchup with Oakland? :)

Looking at our contracts, 2015 would be the most logical blow-it-up-year anyway. Absolutely have to give this thing at least one more go.

Waste of a year that could be spent rebuilding this team towards more balance on offense and greater physicality on defense, but I don't doubt we will give it one more shot. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, but why should that stop us right?

Powder Puff Manning Ball FTW!!!

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 03:00 PM
And who in the hell is supposed to replace him so we can win a Superbowl?

Its absurd. We made the friggin super bowl. He wants to dump the league MVP and plunge the team into certain mediocrity because he thinks we need to "rebuild." Which 1) is absurd because no one rebuilds in the NFL anymore and 2) the chances of winning with Manning now are far greater than getting incredibly lucky in the draft/FA and winning in the next 3-5 years.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Waste of a year that could be spent rebuilding this team towards more balance on offense and greater physicality on defense, but I don't doubt we will give it one more shot. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, but why should that stop us right?

Yeah, Broncos should have totally gotten rid of Elway, especially after losing to that expansion team Jags in the playoffs.

I mean, he kept losing in the Superbowl, losing in the playoffs, it would be insane to think that he could actually win a Superbowl!

Broncos dude
02-04-2014, 03:01 PM
I know one thing Brock is not the answer at qb.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 03:01 PM

http://ohiopresspass.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/RandyQuaidXOut.jpg

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Agamemnon reminds me of Randy Quaid in Major League 2: He decides to take his stand against the team when he feels it wronged him. Will double down on it to get attention, no matter how dumb his hypothesis is (and, by the way, its really dumb) Will probably spend the entire season telling us how Manning sucks despite success.

I've never said Manning sucks. You don't actually seem to understand my hypothesis that you think is "really dumb", so let me break it down for you:

1) Manning is the greatest passer ever if he is not under pressure and his receivers are able to get open on time.

2) This works against most teams, especially in the regular season.

3) It tends to fall apart sooner or later in the playoffs because great defenses **** up the conditions required for him to be great as outlined in point 1.

4) With the way our team is currently built we are entirely reliant on Manning to carry us to the promised land. We can not and will not win a single playoff game with Manning having an off day. This is a problem because of point 3.

5) The time needed to address the issues of point 4 is too long relative to how much time Manning has left, and without him we really need to build an entirely different team from the ground up. Also Manning's cap number is a great hindrance to actually improving the team.

6) Therefore we should just move on.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah, Broncos should have totally gotten rid of Elway, especially after losing to that expansion team Jags in the playoffs.

I mean, he kept losing in the Superbowl, losing in the playoffs, it would be insane to think that he could actually win a Superbowl!

Not remotely the same. The loss to the Ravens last year is more analogous. If we had been blown out by the Green Bay Packers 43-8 the following year, yeah I'd say there was something fundamentally wrong. But that didn't happen did it?

Arkie
The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result, but why should that stop us right?

The Broncos are the AFC favorites to be back in the Super Bowl next year with Manning. I'm expecting this result. He can do it again.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0702/peyton_manning0205.jpg

Mile High Mojoe
This thread belongs in the Butt.

Calling for a HOF QB to retire because the whole team had a catastrophic meltdown after a regular season of unprecedented production.

So, who would you rather have than PFM? Kolb? Vick?

Try reading what I wrote instead of just the title.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Its absurd. We made the friggin super bowl. He wants to dump the league MVP and plunge the team into certain mediocrity because he thinks we need to "rebuild." Which 1) is absurd because no one rebuilds in the NFL anymore and 2) the chances of winning with Manning now are far greater than getting incredibly lucky in the draft/FA and winning in the next 3-5 years.

The Seahawks rebuilt. The team we faced Sunday was the product of four years of great drafting. Before that they were as mediocre as they come.

Mile High Mojoe

THIS! ^5

Agamemnon
The Broncos are the AFC favorites to be back in the Super Bowl next year with Manning. I'm expecting this result. He can do it again.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2007/0702/peyton_manning0205.jpg

You are delusional. It's kind of sad really.

Rabb
02-04-2014, 03:19 PM
My God Agamemnon is somehow more of an insufferable douche than before. After the melt downs the other day, probably the best ignore list addition I have made.

That list sadly keeps growing.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Not remotely the same. The loss to the Ravens last year is more analogous. If we had been blown out by the Green Bay Packers 43-8 the following year, yeah I'd say there was something fundamentally wrong. But that didn't happen did it?

You said that how can we expect different results by doing the same thing.

Elway had much less success as a QB at that point in his career than Manning has now. Had the Broncos followed your reasoning, they would have blown up the team, as Elway kept "failing" in the playoffs. XXII & XXIII would have never happened.

nyuk nyuk
02-04-2014, 03:21 PM
I agree with the thread.

You've admitted to not being a Broncos fan. What are you even doing here?

Mile High Mojoe
02-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Exactly. MHM is a Broncos fan but he makes us all look retarded when he blogs to the world. Luckily, it reaches maybe double digits. He posts on the Mane? It reaches thousands and thousands of views. Then it gets cut n pasted or linked to places like Chief Planet where they think we all agree with MHM's takes. Getting rid of Manning or saying Luck is hot garbage is two prime examples. Best to be quiet and we would never know how Mile High Mojoe thinks.

You continue to dog me, bait me, call me names. Any point you try to get across as far as I'm concerned is lost. I have an opinion that doesn't match yours, I know you're not a functional retard, an idiot or a non Broncos Fan. It just seems to me the Fan should be able to get on a discussion board and not be attacked as some kind of idiot because he doesn't agree with the conventional view point. I've vowed to act like an adult when I get on here and discuss the Broncos and not act like a not 9 year old. For 2 years now I've stayed away from making personal attacks and chose to take the high road. If you want to have a debate about the Broncos with me I'm happy to have one, getting into the name calling and pissing matches won't be happening on my end anymore. Understand?

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 03:38 PM
You continue to dog me, bait me, call me names. Any point you try to get across as far as I'm concerned is lost. I have an opinion that doesn't match yours, I know you're not a functional retard, an idiot or a non Broncos Fan. It just seems to me the Fan should be able to get on a discussion board and not be attacked as some kind of idiot because he doesn't agree with the conventional view point. I've vowed to act like an adult when I get on here and discuss the Broncos and not act like a not 9 year old. For 2 years now I've stayed away from making personal attacks and chose to take the high road. If you want to have a debate about the Broncos with me I'm happy to have one, getting into the name calling and pissing matches won't be happening on my end anymore. Understand?

If you don't want to hear an opposing viewpoint, you probably shouldn't put out your own, especially when it isn't very well thought out.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 03:39 PM
The Seahawks rebuilt. The team we faced Sunday was the product of four years of great drafting. Before that they were as mediocre as they come.

And i'll give you a long list of teams that have tried rebuilding only to be stuck in mediocrity forever.

Peyton is one of the best. And the only reason youve turned on him is ONE ****ty game. Don't gimme this BS that you thought this way after the AFC championship. Yes, it was bad. The entire team was bad. Yes, Seattle played out of their minds. But I'm not throwing our team into the unknown and certain **** because he played one crappy game. Sorry, you'll never convince 95 percent of the people otherwise.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 03:41 PM

You're the delusional one.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xAZU6DYwTDM/hqdefault.jpg

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:42 PM
You're the delusional one.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xAZU6DYwTDM/hqdefault.jpg

So just to be clear, how do you see next season playing out?

oubronco
02-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I see next year being a helluva lot better with Manning than without him

eddie mac
02-04-2014, 03:45 PM
There maybe something that a lot of the Manning haters missed when Peyton passed his medical last March. It guaranteed last year's salary 2013, and this upcoming year's 2014, so unless there's some kind of get-out via self imposed retirement we cannot use his money for anything, it will be dead caproom, infact it would be more considering we pushed money back last year. So sorry to rain on the rebuilding ****ers parade, yeah I know most of them joined this site in the last 2 years and dont even know who Tebow was, or Orton or Cutler or even Griese.

oubronco
02-04-2014, 03:48 PM
"**** the cap we need to roll with a unproven rook next year Manning sucks"

Agamemnon

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:48 PM
And i'll give you a long list of teams that have tried rebuilding only to be stuck in mediocrity forever.

Peyton is one of the best. And the only reason youve turned on him is ONE ****ty game. Don't gimme this BS that you thought this way after the AFC championship. Yes, it was bad. The entire team was bad. Yes, Seattle played out of their minds. But I'm not throwing our team into the unknown and certain **** because he played one crappy game. Sorry, you'll never convince 95 percent of the people otherwise.

Every playoffs he's going to have at least one ****ty game sooner or later because the conditions he needs to be great just can't be had in every playoff game. It is what it is. Just because I convinced myself to believe because it feels better doesn't mean that after the fact the truth can not be ascertained. If we can build a team that can win against good teams with Manning struggling we might be able to win a Super Bowl. It's really hard for me to see how that is going to happen in one or two more seasons with how restricted we are going to be cap-wise.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:49 PM
There maybe something that a lot of the Manning haters missed when Peyton passed his medical last March. It guaranteed last year's salary 2013, and this upcoming year's 2014, so unless there's some kind of get-out via self imposed retirement we cannot use his money for anything, it will be dead caproom, infact it would be more considering we pushed money back last year. So sorry to rain on the rebuilding ****ers parade, yeah I know most of them joined this site in the last 2 years and dont even know who Tebow was, or Orton or Cutler or even Griese.

This is why I wish he would just retire.

Arkie
02-04-2014, 03:51 PM

No, you were delusional to think the Broncos were going to blow out Seattle. The public thought it was an even match-up. You ride the emotional highs and lows of delusion. Now the public thinks the Broncos are favorites to go back, but you think one bad game defines how a team will play next season.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 03:52 PM

Who the **** knows? But we have a damn good chance at being in the thick of it. And with your plan, there's a much better chance at years of **** than a Seattle rise to the top.

Ask the ...

Jets
Bills
Dolphins
Browns
Lions
Bengals
Vikings
Jags
Titans
Bucs
Redskins
Cards
Chiefs
Raiders
Rams

about their awesome history of rebuilding. Hell, even asked the 99-2012 Broncos how easy it is!

Mile High Mojoe
02-04-2014, 03:53 PM
If you don't want to hear an opposing viewpoint, you probably shouldn't put out your own, especially when it isn't very well thought out.

I don't have a problem with disagreement. It's when it gets personal that it isn't right. Trust me I use to get very personal on the Mane. Ask Popps he'll tell you, but I haven't done it for 2 years and won't start now. I just don't have room in my life for personal battles. For some on this site that's all they do day after day troll and attack. Go for it, not my thing anymore.

SonOfLe-loLang
Every playoffs he's going to have at least one ****ty game sooner or later because the conditions he needs to be great just can't be had in every playoff game. It is what it is. Just because I convinced myself to believe because it feels better doesn't mean that after the fact the truth can not be ascertained. If we can build a team that can win against good teams with Manning struggling we might be able to win a Super Bowl. It's really hard for me to see how that is going to happen in one or two more seasons with how restricted we are going to be cap-wise.

Yep, as I suspected the minute you wrote your dumb post after the game, you'll gladly fall on this dumb sword instead of saying, "ok, maybe i overreacted a bit"

BroncoBeavis

I could draw a similar pattern for our OL. Every year for the last 3 (even predating Manning) they've taken the opportunity to **** the bed at least once in the playoffs. Oh, and the secondary.

I guess we'd be better off just disbanding the whole franchise and starting over. Because, uh, we lost the Super Bowl.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:54 PM
No, you were delusional to think the Broncos were going to blow out Seattle. The public thought it was an even match-up. You ride the emotional highs and lows of delusion. Now the public thinks the Broncos are favorites to go back, but you think one bad game defines how a team will play next season.

I predicted a 10 point win for the Broncos. That isn't a blowout.

Also I can see them possibly going back, but with Fox as our head coach and Manning being a giant choker in big games I don't really see them winning. In fact, I see them getting blown out again.

eddie mac
This is why I wish he would just retire.

TBH I dont even know if that would make any difference. Not 100% sure how guaranteed money works if a player retires, especially if it's base salary. If a player retires and there's signing bonus proration remaining it is dead caproom. So unless it's only guaranteed if he's on the roster for Wk1 or something like that.

broncocalijohn
That guy also choked in the biggest game of his life for the upteenth time.

What games were considered the biggest? ACC championship games or just SB games? Seems he is far from "umpteenth" time. He just won 2 playoff games labeled a choker. Btw, how old are you and how long have you been a broncos fan?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 03:55 PM
TBH I dont even know if that would make any difference. Not 100% sure how guaranteed money works if a player retires, especially if it's base salary. If a player retires and there's signing bonus proration remaining it is dead caproom. So unless it's only guaranteed if he's on the roster for Wk1 or something like that.

I think it works like a series of one-year contracts. So if he retires, that's it.

Bronco Yoda
02-04-2014, 03:55 PM

We're going to be forced to make changes. Not blow up the team type of changes, but changes than most would have figured a week ago. For whatever reason this team is not as proactive as we'd all like it to be. They need a good ass kicking or two before they realize their dicks caught in the door.

Love that we play the NFC West. They will either make us or break us. Either way we won't be a soft team that makes the playoffs. There will be no skating next season.

We make the playoffs next year but no 1st round bye. it will be a tougher team that will have to take a tougher road.

It cannot be overstated enough about our injuries. The Broncos were devastated this year with injuries. I'm still amazing they pulled it together enough to make the post season IMO. What other team could have overcome the amount of injuries to key players and still do what Denver did?

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Yep, as I suspected the minute you wrote your dumb post after the game, you'll gladly fall on this dumb sword instead of saying, "ok, maybe i overreacted a bit"

My only overreaction was saying I'd rather be 2-14 or a Browns fan. Otherwise nothing has changed. You can keep calling my take dumb if it makes you feel better, but I suspect a year from now we will be discussing Fox and Manning all over again, and not in a good way.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 03:58 PM
My only overreaction was saying I'd rather be 2-14 or a Browns fan. Otherwise nothing has changed. You can keep calling my take dumb if it makes you feel better, but I suspect a year from now we will be discussing Fox and Manning all over again, and not in a good way.

I'd rather discuss that than how a crappy 5-11 team is going no where fast. Its an easy argument you have. If the Broncos dont win the super bowl, you'll say "I told you so." Wonderful.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 03:59 PM
We're going to be forced to make changes. Not blow up the team type of changes, but changes than most would have figured a week ago. For whatever reason this team is not as proactive as we'd all like it to be. They need a good ass kicking or two before they realize their ***** caught in the door.

Love that we play the NFC West. They will either make us or break us. Either way we won't be a soft team that makes the playoffs. There will be no skating next season.

We make the playoffs next year but no 1st round bye. it will be a tougher team that will have to take a tougher road.

It cannot be overstated enough about our injuries. The Broncos were devastated this year with injuries. I'm still amazing they pulled it together enough to make the post season IMO. What other team could have overcome the amount of injuries to key players and still do what Denver did?

Words can't begin to express how sick I am of hearing about injuries. Our entire team failed to show up for the Super Bowl. Having more players healthy wouldn't have changed that.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 04:02 PM
I'd rather discuss that than how a crappy 5-11 team is going no where fast. Its an easy argument you have. If the Broncos dont win the super bowl, you'll say "I told you so." Wonderful.

Oh you don't get it. They won't just not win the Super Bowl. That's not what this is about. They will either lose to a clearly inferior team in the playoffs because they are mentally weak and Manning is a playoff choker, or they will get blown out in the Super Bowl because they are mentally weak and Manning is a playoff choker.

BroncoBeavis
02-04-2014, 04:03 PM
I think it works like a series of one-year contracts. So if he retires, that's it.

Problem is retirement is his prerogative, not the team's.

OldschoolFreak
02-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Words can't begin to express how sick I am of hearing about injuries. Our entire team failed to show up for the Super Bowl. Having more players healthy wouldn't have changed that.

Sure, you can' blame injuries but come on...

7 of 22 projected starters!!!!!!! That's 1/3 of the frigging team.

Houshyamama
02-04-2014, 04:05 PM
This is just straight forward retarded reasoning.

Powderaddict
02-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Manning has won a Superbowl.

Playoff choker would be someone like Marino, who never won a Superbowl.

Hell, Favre only won 1. Brady hasn't won one since they couldn't record the other team.

There are lots of QB's that only win 1. This speaks to how difficult it is to win a Superbowl.

maven
02-04-2014, 04:07 PM

I dunno why I bother

haha so true! It's going to be an entertaining year on this site.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 04:18 PM
I could draw a similar pattern for our OL. Every year for the last 3 (even predating Manning) they've taken the opportunity to **** the bed at least once in the playoffs. Oh, and the secondary.

I guess we'd be better off just disbanding the whole franchise and starting over. Because, uh, we lost the Super Bowl.

I actually think we need to start weeding out the other chokers on the team as well, especially the coaches. That hasn't gone over well either.

Arkie
02-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Oh you don't get it. They won't just not win the Super Bowl. That's not what this is about. They will either lose to a clearly inferior team in the playoffs because they are mentally weak and Manning is a playoff choker, or they will get blown out in the Super Bowl because they are mentally weak and Manning is a playoff choker.

You can't ignore his two playoff victories. Denver is 2-2 with the two losses against the SB Champions.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2014, 04:30 PM

Uh, we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 05:08 PM
You can't ignore his two playoff victories. Denver is 2-2 with the two losses against the SB Champions.

Why not? You are ignoring his decade and a half of choking in the playoffs. And really, even if Manning isn't a playoff choker our team is still mentally weak.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Uh, we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

I'm cool with that.

oubronco
02-04-2014, 05:57 PM

Dude the Seachickens site is to the left please exit

Chrissy Rules
02-04-2014, 06:02 PM
What games were considered the biggest? ACC championship games or just SB games? Seems he is far from "umpteenth" time. He just won 2 playoff games labeled a choker. Btw, how old are you and how long have you been a broncos fan?

see what he posts when Peyton does retire....cause you are right in what you are saying BUT sometimes people gotta learn the hardway...:thumbsup:

RaiderH8r
02-04-2014, 06:28 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4052280&postcount=18

Like that?

broncocalijohn
09-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Just in case some of you guys don't remember Mile High Mojoe, he brought us this gem (of many gems)...

elsid13
09-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Just in case some of you guys don't remember Mile High Mojoe, he brought us this gem (of many gems)...

I like the one he said Luck would be a bust.

broncocalijohn
09-19-2014, 03:36 PM

Which time? He said that a lot but I think he admitted that he was wrong.

B-Large
09-19-2014, 03:41 PM
This thread is a lot like that one started by the retarded kid from Belgium

Irish Stout
09-19-2014, 03:42 PM
I love it when people have strong takes. Even if idiotic.

Chrissy Rules
09-19-2014, 03:45 PM

The jury is still out on that one..!Booya!

LikeABoss5820
09-19-2014, 05:15 PM
The jury is still out on that one..!Booya!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: