PDA

View Full Version : Head Count

RaiderH8r
02-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Alright ladies and gents, boys and girls. We all took one right in the shorts yesterday. It was tough but, as Bronco fans, we forge ahead.

Right now I want to see where everybody is and how y'all are holding up. I care and because I care I worry and because I worry I drink. So, let's hear it chums; how are we holding up today?

Me? Still sick about it and I'm pretty sure it is effecting my bowel regularity. Either that or I have a wicked case of the hangover ****s. Both are very likely causes but...yikes. I'm not sick, but I'm not well.

I also want to know what came of TDmvp's post game adventure. It truly became a cause worth rooting for yesterday. If we never learn the outcome I can tell you that in my retelling of his legendary deeds and heroics following Super Bowl 48 he came through triumphant in the end. A story of perseverance and determination in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

Now, I'm going to go start drinking again. Be well Bronco fans. Be very well.

stoxman
02-03-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm actually pretty calm. I was pissed off during and after all 3 reg. season losses this year and came close to breaking things each time.

Last night I was incredulous with the Ramirez **** up to start the game. Got heated at Ayers for not doing his job. Upset with our 1st 3 and out. Still hung in there steaming up until the interception and then watching our defense start to wilt. Then I slowly stopped being angry. Actually chuckled on the 2nd half kickoff fail (WTF was that???) and when DT fumbled another chuckle. I think I was in shock which prevented the level of caring that I normally have when I live and die on every play.

Today I feel this team deserves all the national ridicule they are getting. Peyton deserves the second guessing and choke labels in big games he gets. My social media were brutal to this team and normally I would fire back...however all I feel compelled to do is agree with their assessments (which if any of us are being honest are correct...lack of preparedness, stupid mistakes, beaten by a more physical defense and team etc..).

Can't wait for the draft and watching the incredible challenges facing us ahead as we now have some HUGE decisions to make with FA's. This now has to be Elway's finest hour.

Pony Boy
02-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Its days like this that I'm glad I'm a big old boy ........ I can tell people want to say something smart-ass to me but realize they will be looking at the world through their a-hole. .

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm calm, i know its a game, but as a hobby, it's broken at the moment.

Man-Goblin
02-03-2014, 09:30 AM
I'm hung over. I hate football. It's a stupid sport played and watched by barbarians. I can't wait to watch curling in the Winter Olympics.

TonyR
02-03-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm more depressed and sad and disappointed than angry.

Good read on the game here: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-super-bowl-48-broncos-vs-seahawks

(no, I'm not on the payroll in any way, shape, or form, just thought was a good read)

Navy Broncos Fan
02-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Well since I have to wake up at 0500 for work, there wasn't a lot of drinking for me being that the game didn't end until 2200.

It is what it is really. I will monitor free agency and the draft and hope to see the boy in action this year back at Met Life stadium when we play the Jets.

Oh and working my way to 200 push ups...because im to poor to bet money.

RaiderH8r
02-03-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm actually pretty calm. I was pissed off during and after all 3 reg. season losses this year and came close to breaking things each time.

Last night I was incredulous with the Ramirez **** up to start the game. Got heated at Ayers for not doing his job. Upset with our 1st 3 and out. Still hung in there steaming up until the interception and then watching our defense start to wilt. Then I slowly stopped being angry. Actually chuckled on the 2nd half kickoff fail (WTF was that???) and when DT fumbled another chuckle. I think I was in shock which prevented the level of caring that I normally have when I live and die on every play.

Today I feel this team deserves all the national ridicule they are getting. Peyton deserves the second guessing and choke labels in big games he gets. My social media were brutal to this team and normally I would fire back...however all I feel compelled to do is agree with their assessments (which if any of us are being honest are correct...lack of preparedness, stupid mistakes, beaten by a more physical defense and team etc..).

Can't wait for the draft and watching the incredible challenges facing us ahead as we now have some HUGE decisions to make with FA's. This now has to be Elway's finest hour.

I didn't even get that pissed at the opening snap. I had hoped it would be a hiccup and the rest would go relatively along due course. I told my wife, assuming the Seahawks get a TD on this possession, it is going to take more than 9 points to win this game. Turns out I was wrong.

It was like a bad dream. Every single thing that could go wrong did go wrong.

We do need some badasses on this club. Guys that eat rocks and crap gunpowder.

slatimer
02-03-2014, 09:37 AM
id be better if I didn't have coworkers who haven't watched a down of football all year giving me the what happened, the whoa, or the did u see that one play..good grief..

maven
02-03-2014, 09:40 AM
I'll be taking a break from watching any sports for a while and actively playing whatever sports for fun.

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Bemused is probably what I am. Of the 5 million scenarios I went through in my head over the last 2 weeks, this never entered. 8 points? It stirred my gallows humor enough to make that other thread.

El Guapo
02-03-2014, 09:42 AM
I agree w the fact of being in shock. We were never competitive and I realized it right away. Normally Id be stomping around, yelling and really into the game. My wife had to ask if I was ok after the kick return because I was just laying on the couch, and I only had one beer to that point in the game. I continued to lay there and had to laugh at the ridiculousness my beloved team wasboutputting to a worldwide crowd.

I still feel like it never happened, that it's not real. Well it is, and so is the fact that Im retiring my gear until April. Shame on my Broncos. That was just pathetic.

Rohirrim
02-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Reevaluating my interest in the game and the team. I've spent a lot of time and money on this ****. It's like somebody convinced me to buy a new Lexus ("Greatest offense in NFL history!). Then, they deliver it, but I discover it won't start. I look under the hood and see, instead of an engine, there's a cage full of chickens. Somewhere, I know somebody is driving down the road with my money, laughing, while I eat a hard boiled egg.

GreatBronco16
02-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I wish I would have put some money on a safety being the first points scored in the not so super bowl. :(

spiralism
02-03-2014, 09:58 AM
I drank way too much last night and am ****ing miserable. Havent been this down in months. So glad to see the back of the NFL and im basically done watching sport in general for a while.

RaiderH8r
02-03-2014, 10:02 AM
Reevaluating my interest in the game and the team. I've spent a lot of time and money on this ****. It's like somebody convinced me to buy a new Lexus ("Greatest offense in NFL history!). Then, they deliver it, but I discover it won't start. I look under the hood and see, instead of an engine, there's a cage full of chickens. Somewhere, I know somebody is driving down the road with my money, laughing, while I eat a hard boiled egg.

Caged is never as good as free range. Or so I've been told.

Bigdawg26
02-03-2014, 10:03 AM

This sums up my feelings in a nut shell!! Although I think Manny didn't mess up with snap it was Manning because he whole offense moved when Manny snapped up.

RaiderH8r
02-03-2014, 10:10 AM

I'm in touch with that feeling. Feel a lot like this guy...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xAZU6DYwTDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HorseHead
02-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Old timers have had their share of pain. The 'Skins loss was just a prime example of one man (Doug Williams) having a truly inspiring and transcendent moment. The 49ers and Giants were cases of being simply over matched. Cowboys loss in the 70's? Even that is a little hazy to me.

Last night was simply baffling. I agree with the "dream like" sentiments. Slightly leaning optimistic here. I don't think you "blow things up." We get some pieces back, we'll lose some. If the right people return, we still have a ton of talent. Gotta keep the D healthy and hopefully drug (the "kind" deemed illegal by certain employers) free..

spdirty
02-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Convinced (didn't force) my son to wear his bronco hoodie today. Told him if anyone gives him **** he has my permission beat their ass. Or tell them he's loyal and won't bail on his team no matter what. Hopefully he gets respect for that.

My divorce is final in 6 weeks. I'm starting to plan a trip to the Dominican Republic to celebrate that. And other than that put my focus on self improvement, dating, kids, and the family business.

Life goes on.

edog24
02-03-2014, 10:16 AM
The pick six is pretty much when I screamed the loudest and was punching couch cushions as hard as I could. At the time I was pissed at Knowshon for not knocking it down, but in retrospect I think that one is on the o-line or PM to feel the blindside rush better.

The kickoff return just made me laugh and I pretty much had to come to terms with it and enjoy the time with the family for the rest of the evening.

In retrospect, I am probably in better shape today because the loss was so evident so early- if it was a nail biter and we lost near the end or in OT I think I would be in a lot worse shape today. It will give me pause through all of next season though, because we all know what awaits us in the playoffs.

Greatspirits
02-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Still hurtin, couldn't sleep worth sh*t, the good thing about me is I quit drinking the more the game gets out of hand so at least I don't feel hungover as well. I know it's just a game I probably feel more embarrassed that we got blown out again in the Super Bowl, I could take it more if it was a close game. Oh well it was a good season all in all, too bad it had to end like this.

Ray Finkle
02-03-2014, 10:22 AM
It sucks but life goes on.

as I've gotten older, I adjust easier to my team losing. Having a death in the family this week also helped me put this in better perspective. Of course the family member that passed away was one of the reasons I'm a Bronco fan so it's a double sting.

OBF1
02-03-2014, 10:23 AM
I am really doing well and think I am over it already. Having low/no expectations helps a lot as does being a fan since the 70's where we went through 4 losses before winning. Those losses back then were very hard on me as I thought we would win everyone of them.

Yesterdays game and really the entire season for me was for some reason unsatisfying. From the very first game against Baltimore something about this team did not pass the eye test for me and by the time we played Dallas I knew this team was full of pretenders.

Did this team go further than I thought they would, Hell yes. But this just affirms to me that the NFC is the better conference at this time.

Br0nc0Buster
02-03-2014, 10:25 AM
That game got out of hand so quickly I never really had time to rage over it. I quickly went from being shocked to laughing at the clown show that was our team. I'm not that butthurt right now but something tells me when the 2014 season starts I am going to care a lot less than I have in the past.

WolfpackGuy
02-03-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm not really mad about it.

Just bewildered how they could come out and play that badly.

Kudos to the defense for actually putting up a fight in the early going.

randerson1184
02-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Went on a mean bike ride this morning and punished my thighs. I figured I should channel my frustration/aggression into burning off a few of the beer calories I consumed last night.

I'm listening to mopey music on my headphones at work right now and have done about 40 minutes of actual work.

davidtkd
02-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Y'all sum up how I'm doing very well. I saw my 11 year old son sulking when it hit me that I was exactly his age when we went to the Super Bowl the first time. I had the same crushed feelings he was experiencing, so we had a good father/son chat about broncos history. Life marches on.

Quoydogs
02-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Oddly enough it was such a bad game it's like it didn't even happen. I not even as upset as I was when the Ravens Robbed us last year. Maybe it's because deep down I know that we just choked. I know we clearly had the better team. With the season we just had it sucks to lose that game but it hard to be that upset.

Peace.

Crushaholic
02-03-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm feeling shellshocked. I can't believe they played so poorly, as a team. The offensive line couldn't block, the defensive line couldn't get a push, the wide receivers couldn't get open...NOTHING WAS WORKING. The only thing I WASN'T shocked about was that we couldn't run on them. They actually DARED Manning to beat them. That was a gutsy gameplan, and it worked...:Whaaaa!:

Durango
02-03-2014, 10:45 AM
My ten year old sobbed and left the living room in the fourth quarter. Overnight, my eight year old daughter stacked up her bronco gear and left it in the living room. When I asked her to put it away she told me to throw it in the trash. Some of this is fairly expensive, so I'll hold on to it in a bedroom dresser and see if she wants to retrieve it.

My son told me he doesn't want to travel to any more Bronco games in Denver, and that he wants an Arizona Cardinal jersey and hat for his birthday in April.

This was very bad for us. I'm joined at the hip with this team, but it appears my kids are distancing themselves. I do think they will come around at some point, after all we are second generation ticket holders, but all the hype created one huge let down that will take some time to recover.

Blart
02-03-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm pretty damn stoned. Wish I could take some back.

RaiderH8r
02-03-2014, 10:55 AM
My ten year old sobbed and left the living room in the fourth quarter. Overnight, my eight year old daughter stacked up her bronco gear and left it in the living room. When I asked her to put it away she told me to throw it in the trash. Some of this is fairly expensive, so I'll hold on to it in a bedroom dresser and see if she wants to retrieve it.

My son told me he doesn't want to travel to any more Bronco games in Denver, and that he wants an Arizona Cardinal jersey and hat for his birthday in April.

This was very bad for us. I'm joined at the hip with this team, but it appears my kids are distancing themselves. I do think they will come around at some point, after all we are second generation ticket holders, but all the hype created one huge let down that will take some time to recover.

Giving a damn about something, especially sports, is going to disappoint you far more often than not. No matter which team you back. Some more often than others but all of them will for periods of time. And, if you give a damn, it will sting.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-03-2014, 10:56 AM
You can blame this Bozo. He was a curse for the patriots and was a curse for the broncos.

RaiderH8r
02-03-2014, 10:57 AM
You can blame this Bozo. He was a curse for the patriots and was a curse for the broncos.

I don't know why it is Jerry Van Dyke's fault but I trust your judgment.

We must bludgeon that man!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-03-2014, 10:59 AM
I don't know who he is or why I should blame him but I trust your judgment.

We must bludgeon that man!

http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/after-losing-685k-houston-furniture-store-is-gambling-again-for-super-bowl-013014

Smiling Assassin27
02-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Got up at 4, hit the gym in my DT hoodie, busted ass, and we move on.

Still disappointed, a touch embarrassed, but alas, the sun came up today, the important things in life are still the important things and everything else is still everything else.

Bronco X
02-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm certainly not taking this as hard as I did as a kid during Super Bowls 21, 22 and 24. But I'm still experiencing a numb depression that will I know will pass, but it still sucks. Like some others here I'm left wondering what there is to show for all the time and energy I've invested in the team (glad I haven't spent any money on paraphernalia or tickets). Ideally sports should be viewed as entertainment and the Broncos have been entertaining... but even as entertainment this was a bit like the show "Lost"... very entertaining with moments of inspired genius throughout much of it's run before laying a giant turd at the end. If the showrunners of Lost reteamed for another show I probably wouldn't watch. And right now I feel like any time and energy I spend following the Broncos should be focused on things I have control over and where the rewards will depend on my own efforts, and not a bunch of guys paid to wear orange jerseys whom I have no connection with.

This feeling of course will probably be gone by next season, but I may be reminding myself that the team played it's crappiest when it mattered the most, and that the Broncos have been on the butt end of three of the four worst blowouts in Super Bowl history, and maybe it's not really worth it.

Smiling Assassin27
02-03-2014, 11:02 AM

My daughter took it hard too but immediately tweeted #BroncosTilDeath after the game. Hey, we old folks had to got thru the crucible of the 80's, she will too! :rofl:

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-03-2014, 11:07 AM

Dam man that's tough. They are showing how much it hurts from a child's perspective though. And that is saying something. They could've not just cared and gone on to playing video games etc etc. but by showing how much it hurts them they are showing how much it means too. They'll be back wearing broncos gear and wanting to go to the games by summer. Just the sting talking.

Ironlung
02-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I'll be taking a break from watching any sports for a while....

This. I'm getting to the point where these losses hurt/affect my life too much. I'm done getting emotionally tied to one team/sport.

rolandftw
02-03-2014, 11:29 AM
I got over it by the morning. Sucks, but I'm ready to talk about the draft and what changes the Broncos need to do to get better.

Rohirrim
02-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I'm certainly not taking this as hard as I did as a kid during Super Bowls 21, 22 and 24. But I'm still experiencing a numb depression that will I know will pass, but it still sucks. Like some others here I'm left wondering what there is to show for all the time and energy I've invested in the team (glad I haven't spent any money on paraphernalia or tickets). Ideally sports should be viewed as entertainment and the Broncos have been entertaining... but even as entertainment this was a bit like the show "Lost"... very entertaining with moments of inspired genius throughout much of it's run before laying a giant turd at the end. If the showrunners of Lost reteamed for another show I probably wouldn't watch. And right now I feel like any time and energy I spend following the Broncos should be focused on things I have control over and where the rewards will depend on my own efforts, and not a bunch of guys paid to wear orange jerseys whom I have no connection with.

This feeling of course will probably be gone by next season, but I may be reminding myself that the team played it's crappiest when it mattered the most, and that the Broncos have been on the butt end of three of the four worst blowouts in Super Bowl history, and maybe it's not really worth it.

Great analogy in Lost. :rofl:

CHEF LUIGI
02-03-2014, 11:44 AM
It sucks but life goes on.

as I've gotten older, I adjust easier to my team losing. Having a death in the family this week also helped me put this in better perspective. Of course the family member that passed away was one of the reasons I'm a Bronco fan so it's a double sting.perspective.
My condolences for your loss.

UberBroncoMan
02-03-2014, 11:48 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/jan/30/ape-predicts-seahawks-win-and-s-no-monkey-business/

****ing ape and his 9 game streak.

Drunk Monkey
02-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Surprisingly OK. I was much worst last year after the Ravens game. Still kind of shocked. I really expected to win and win big.

HorseHead
02-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Might help to stay away from the sports talk for awhile. That's what I plan to do. From what I hear, we are getting (deservedly so) killed.

Sometimes ya gotta "hug the cactus" as much as it may suck bal-s..

It's just tough to get back to that game. I do have faith in John, and hope Manning clears in March. Talent is and will be there.

I will be paying attention to the draft and roster moves. Thanks again Taco and the powers that be that provide this platform. Love my team..

LetsGoBroncos
02-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Disappointed. Not angry or heart broken. Just disappointed that we played the worst game we've played in years in the Super Bowl. I also truly believe we are a better team than them (laugh at me all you want), but last night just snowballed and we had to completely abandon the gameplan.

I said before the game if we didn't turn it over or allow kick returns we would hold them to 17 points which would give us a GREAT chance to win, and I still believe that would have been true.

Archer81
02-03-2014, 12:19 PM
I am not angry. I was not during the game. Just disappointed. What we saw last night was reminiscent of some of the games played in McDaniel's last season. No fire, no desire, no drive. Flat. For a title game. I think the disappointment stems from the fact that I know they can play better. That is what makes this more heartbreaking. A bad play to start the game and they do not recover at all to fight for a championship.

I do not think we blow it up. I do not think we completely gut the coaching staff. I dont think we blame one player. The shock is still too fresh to make baseline declarative statements. I think we, as a fan base, need to take a breath and relax. The good of the season will come back to us. We will remember that there was a reason we made the super bowl in the first place, and our prospects for one more shot are pretty good.

Take a breath. Take a break. Relax.

:Broncos:

RaiderH8r
02-03-2014, 12:32 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/jan/30/ape-predicts-seahawks-win-and-s-no-monkey-business/

****ing ape and his 9 game streak.

So we must destroy Jerry Van Dyke and the ape.

This sounds like a job for a redneck trucker out of Wyoming with no regard for personal hygiene and poor social skills. But do we know of such a man?

Archer81
02-03-2014, 12:42 PM
So we must destroy Jerry Van Dyke and the ape.

This sounds like a job for a redneck trucker out of Wyoming with no regard for personal hygiene and poor social skills. But do we know of such a man?

He is not the hero we need. He is the hero we deserve.

OABB
02-03-2014, 12:43 PM
i wonder why god hates me. other than that im totes good.

RaiderH8r
02-03-2014, 12:57 PM
He is not the hero we need. He is the hero we deserve.

Found him.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/attachments/off-topic/18139d1360339758-trailer-park-boys-mafia-sign-up-thread-dark-knight-rises-funny-pictures-batman-meme.jpg

Bronco Yoda
02-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

. . . . . .

...Then there's that moment you wake up sprawled out on the floor with the hammer claw wedged in your forehead, the nail stuck straight up your ass & a giant crater sized hole left where a beautiful picture was to be hung.

Rohirrim
02-03-2014, 01:48 PM
When it comes to the Broncos right now, I feel like this gorilla...

http://i.imgur.com/3OSVm.gif

stoxman
02-03-2014, 05:55 PM
Giving a damn about something, especially sports, is going to disappoint you far more often than not. No matter which team you back. Some more often than others but all of them will for periods of time. And, if you give a damn, it will sting.

Well said.

itswutz4dinna
02-03-2014, 06:36 PM
For some reason it almost bothers me more that Seattle won than the fact that Denver lost. I hate Pete Carroll, but I think it's also that I don't really respect his coaching ability and the team's ability. I realize that 2nd year QB's have a history of winning Super Bowls with great D's, but I still think of them being a gimmick pseudo-college team with a gimmick home field advantage. And yet now they're champions....

broncocalijohn
02-03-2014, 06:49 PM
The Vegas party I was out, we started the preparation for throwing in the towel after the special teams became auditions for Special Olympics. Sure we cheered and screamed for our team but we decided it was best to drink harder right then. I was younger in the 80s and those really hurt. I am completely disappointed at the effort and losing isn't making me feel bad but how we lost (like those other SB losses). Now I am defending my team against some really dumb ****s on this board. We are all pissed but now I feel like I am in damage control to some of the loons. Be angry at that game, I understand. Being MHM or no_broncos isn't the answer.