PDA

View Full Version : TD pass to Kearse

MABroncoFan
02-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Did that remind anyone else of the Montana to Rice TD pass in SB XXIV when Atwater went in for the knockout blow and Rice just bounced off and trotted in for a TD?

Old Dude
02-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Not sure if we're talking about the same play, but a lot of what happened later in the game reminded me more of some guys gambling and trying desperately to strip the ball rather than wrapping up a tackle. And when fundamentals go out the window, bad things usually happen.

sgbfan
02-03-2014, 09:54 AM
Did that remind anyone else of the Montana to Rice TD pass in SB XXIV when Atwater went in for the knockout blow and Rice just bounced off and trotted in for a TD?

It reminded my 49ers fan cousin of it, and he let me know it too.

AtlantaBronco
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
I tried very hard to forget the 49er Super Bowl. Last night reminded me of it a lot for many reasons.

Shananahan
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Tony Carter straight gave up on this play.

spiralism
02-03-2014, 10:08 AM
We gave up long before that. Seattle players noted it in the post game presser too.

stoxman
02-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Tony Carter straight gave up on this play.

He was pathetic as usual. I'm going ape**** if he makes our 53 man roster next year.

sgbfan
02-03-2014, 10:29 AM
He was pathetic as usual. I'm going ape**** if he makes our 53 man roster next year.

He is OK for a 5th CB, but we need to have 4 better in front of him. Hopefully Webster is better next year, we resign Harris and DRC, and we get a good FA (don't think we can trust the draft as we have greater needs in the first 2-3 rounds).

stoxman
02-03-2014, 10:46 AM
He is OK for a 5th CB, but we need to have 4 better in front of him. Hopefully Webster is better next year, we resign Harris and DRC, and we get a good FA (don't think we can trust the draft as we have greater needs in the first 2-3 rounds).

I hear what you are saying but it's time to cut some dead weight.

I think we know what we have in Tony. A speedy guy who continually gets called for PI or is burned in coverage or sloppy in tackling.

I would actually rather just cut him and Jammer and maybe bring Marquice to camp to give him a shot along with your idea of FA and another draft pick at the position.

We also need to cut Omar Bolden for the same reason. Dude is not developing and is a liability when on the field.

KipCorrington25
02-03-2014, 12:46 PM
We have a lot of quiters on this roster and a lot won't be back.

CHEF LUIGI
02-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Not sure if we're talking about the same play, but a lot of what happened later in the game reminded me more of some guys gambling and trying desperately to strip the ball rather than wrapping up a tackle. And when fundamentals go out the window, bad things usually happen.

the broncos stopped competing after the second half kick-off , returned for a TD !
they should have left the planet with Bruno MARS.

OldschoolFreak
02-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Not defending Carter in any way but that PI was not consistent with the way they were calling the game up to that point; that level of contact was happening to our receivers on every play. Again, no excuse and not blaming the refs for the loss but that was bogus and a key point. 11-0 right there would have felt much less insurmountable than 15-0.