PDA

View Full Version : Seattle TV: "Best defense since '85 Bears"

BroncoBuff
02-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Fox morning show local, CBS too.

I suppose they deserve to enjoy this win, but please ..........

BTW: HORRIFIC blizzard in NYC

spdirty
02-03-2014, 08:43 AM
I won't deny them that label.

What they did yesterday was historic, considering the offense they went up against.

Wes Mantooth
02-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Why not? Closer to the 2000 Ravens imo.

WolfpackGuy
02-03-2014, 08:48 AM
They did hold a team that scored 71 offensive TD's in the regular season to a measly 1 TD in garbage time in the Super Bowl.

I just can not believe how out of it the Broncos looked.

Seattle is good, but 5 fuggin TD's better than Denver, good?

I dunno about the 85 Bears comparisons though.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2014, 08:49 AM
The '85 Patriots scored 10 points.

Steve Grogan was prominently involved.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Sure, why not.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 08:50 AM
They took an amazing offense and reduced it to absolute dog crap. Some of that was us, but a lot of it was them.

BroncoBuff
02-03-2014, 09:41 AM
Going by the numbers, they do have the best defense since ....

since ....

the 2011 Steelers. Yards and points.

DivineLegion
02-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Adjust stats for era, and look at what they did. Their season might not stack up as a whole, but that was one of the best defensive performances I have seen in a very long time. They were simply amazing last night, and deserve all of the credit.

Rohirrim
02-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Sounds about right to me. They just dismantled "The Greatest Offense in NFL History" and left them looking like clowns.

DivineLegion
02-03-2014, 09:53 AM
I don't know if its Stolkholm syndrome or my intense passion for defensive football, but I almost want to watch the game again, emotion free, so I can appreciate how amazing that performance really was.

maven
02-03-2014, 09:54 AM
They won, local tv and seattle area are having a good time today. Don't care really. Call them the best for all I care.

spdirty
02-03-2014, 09:54 AM
I still think our '97 or '98 team would beat them though.

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 09:59 AM
i don't know about 85 defense..but..we just scored 8 points.
we lose 10 out of 10 times if we play them again.

if DEN played like SEA defense..i will be watching the game million times..truly amazing performance.

ZONA
02-03-2014, 10:13 AM
I still think our '97 or '98 team would beat them though.

I agree. Because we had a smash mouth offense back then, not this little princess finesse offense. The big stupid bully's broke into study hall and punched the little chess club kids right in the face. That's exactly what happened.

Xenos
02-03-2014, 02:48 PM
I agree. Because we had a smash mouth offense back then, not this little princess finesse offense. The big stupid bully's broke into study hall and punched the little chess club kids right in the face. That's exactly what happened.

It also helps when you have a more mobile QB, even at his age, than Peyton. Seattle's defense unfortunately is built to stop a team like Denver, and especially a pure pocket passer like Peyton. If you put Dan Marino, Tom Brady, or another pure pocket passe in Peyton's place, the results would probably be the same. Now if in his prime Steve Young, or Aaron Rodgers, or heck even Ben Rothlesburger was the QB for that particular game then maybe the results would be different. Seattle seems to have more problems against mobile QBs.

I don't know if I put them up with the 85 Bears, but considering how much is geared towards offense these days as opposed to when the Bears played, and the historic offense that was the 2013 Broncos, it definitely was an impressive defense that showed up that day from Seattle.

razorwire77
02-03-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't know about the 85 Bears accolades, but I've never witnessed an NFL playoff game this decade that was supposed to be close where within a couple of series you could you could just see the outright physical dominance of one team over another. Seattle's defense asserted themselves within 5 plays. I think back to the shallow cross where Demaryius just got destroyed. They beat down and swarmed our receivers, brutalizing them after every 4, 5, 6 yard gain.

Our defense held up for long enough to make it a game. But Seattle just destroyed our offense physically. It seriously, looked like a high school game where a good state playoff caliber team just manhandles a physically inferior opponent. Crazy to see that at the highest levels of NFL football, but that's what it was.

yerner
02-03-2014, 03:52 PM
truth is they were actually probably better than the bears. bigger, stronger, faster athletes today. but that's a different discussion.

i'd more compare them to the bucs and ravens from the early 2000's. they did put on the best super bowl performance in history. i still can't believe it.

rolandftw
02-03-2014, 04:37 PM
They can say whatever they want. They're the champs. They deserve it.

This isn't the same thing as KC fans claiming they're the best defense of all time after 9 games against mainly backup QB's.