PDA

View Full Version : My Cruel Girlfriend

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 07:08 AM
In case you need a momentary distraction, thought I'd share the email my sadistic girlfriend sent me this morning:

"I hate that Iím writing this letter today. Youíve been the love of my life. I have been committed, loyal, strong and supportive to you throughout our entire relationship. And I have always chosen to stay dedicated to you Ė even though Iíve had many other attractive options (and believe me, some were hard to turn down!)

You are what Iíve dreamed about since my childhood. You shaped who I am as a person, the way I experience joy and pain, my hobbies, my passion. But I give and give and give and all you do is take. Take my time, take my energy, take my pride. Iím exhausted. And Iím done.

This has been a good couple of years. I felt protected. I really thought we were going to make it and that things were going to be right again. And like always, you let me down. Iíd like to say Iím disappointed, but itís bigger than that Ė Iím not just disappointed, Iím miserable!

Weíve had some beautiful moments and all in all, Iíve definitely enjoyed our time together. But your actions have shown me that you do not have the same respect for our relationship as I do. Youíve ruined everything.

I donít like how this is starting to feel like a compulsion. I almost crave knowing you better. It feels toxic. The devastation that your incompetence has on my life is irrational and unfortunate, but it is true, and I canít separate my feelings of personal self-worth from your inadequacies. But today Iím saying NO MORE! Iíve had enough. **** off.

This is not how I wanted our last night together to be spent; I assure you that I envisioned this going much differently. I know every relationship has ups and downs, but is it healthy to have SO many???

But alas, I cannot let go. I am a slave to your childish games. Ultimately, ever since youíve walked into my life, youíve made me smile. Youíve broken my heart. But I understand it wasnít intentional, and I am sure it hurts you more than me. I donít want this to be over. I want my kids to know you like I always have. So, I will just walk away for a few. We need some time apart. We need to learn how not to be so harmful for each other. I need to relax and let the anger dissipate. Understand that I am hurt, and disappointed, and need this time away to remind me how much I love you. So for now, goodbye and suckit douchebags. I will see you at the draft in April, Johns Fox and Elway.

Regards,
Patrick Turley.

I thought that I should write your breakup letter for you. You are too emotional right now, and we both know that I'm better with words anyway.
Love you ; )"

Doggcow
02-03-2014, 07:18 AM
That's pretty ****ing evil.

Case and point, this is why men are assholes.

Kaylore
02-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Is it sad that I am questioning my involvement in football? Days like this are a good reason why Bandwagon fans may have it right. How many teams even get to the Super Bowl? Every year 32 reach for that brass ring and one comes away with it. Even if it rotated through all 32 every year, the Broncos would next win when I was 50, and then again likely when I'm dead.

It's hard for me to see how soft this team played and the way this team is coached and not feel they're too soft and unlikely to get back for quite awhile. Days like this make me want a different hobby that is more rewarding and that I have more control over.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 07:26 AM
That's pretty ****ing evil.

Case and point, this is why men are a-holes.

^ this is one you can't TLDR skim, fyi

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Lol, guys, thanks for the sympathy PMs but if you read through it, you'll see it was a joke email where it turns out she was writing the Broncos from my perspective all along!

In hindsight I thought it was hilarious so figured I'd posted it up in case it brightened anyone elses day, but it def was a cruel read through for the first couple paragraphs before I realized what she was up to.

Powderaddict
02-03-2014, 07:33 AM
Is it sad that I am questioning my involvement in football? Days like this are a good reason why Bandwagon fans may have it right. How many teams even get to the Super Bowl? Every year 32 reach for that brass ring and one comes away with it. Even if it rotated through all 32 every year, the Broncos would next win when I was 50, and then again likely when I'm dead.

It's hard for me to see how soft this team played and the way this team is coached and not feel they're too soft and unlikely to get back for quite awhile. Days like this make me want a different hobby that is more rewarding and that I have more control over.

I'll still follow all the FA talk, draft talk, and come July I'll start getting excited to come down to Denver for a day at Training Camp, but this loss has taken some of the luster off my excitement. It is a hobby, one that helps pass the winter away, but I have others I enjoy just as much, if not more.

I'm looking forward to spring, and getting the motorcycle out of hibernation. I've got to start planning how I'm going to afford a new rear tire, start planning what rides I want to take, what my bike needs, those type of things. It will be another nice way to get to enjoy living in CO.

Powderaddict
02-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Rev, your girl sounds pretty amazing.

She sounds like a keeper. Good women are hard to find, and worth the effort and sacrifice needed to make it work.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 07:36 AM

She sounds like a keeper. Good women are hard to find, and worth the effort and sacrifice needed to make it work.

Yeah man. She spent the weekend decorating her place and making a ton of different Broncos themed foods only to have me throwing a borderline temper tantrum through the house all night.

brncs_fan
02-03-2014, 07:38 AM
I was actually having a conversation with my neighbor last night about the Super Bowl and I told him that "the Super Bowl is a whole lot more fun when your team is not playing in it."

You get a game with all the hoopla and the hype and the food and beverage without all of the emotional baggage and turmoil.

slatimer
02-03-2014, 07:41 AM

I feel the same way..I have invested to much emotionally in this team since becoming a fan in 83..its time to rethink...

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 07:48 AM
I was actually having a conversation with my neighbor last night about the Super Bowl and I told him that "the Super Bowl is a whole lot more fun when your team is not playing in it."

You get a game with all the hoopla and the hype and the food and beverage without all of the emotional baggage and turmoil.

I said the same thing to my wife last night. So glad I didn't have a SB party.

To the OP.... what would she know, she's a Jags fan :)

Raider9175
02-03-2014, 07:54 AM
In case you need a momentary distraction, thought I'd share the email my sadistic girlfriend sent me this morning:

"I hate that Iím writing this letter today. Youíve been the love of my life. I have been committed, loyal, strong and supportive to you throughout our entire relationship. And I have always chosen to stay dedicated to you Ė even though Iíve had many other attractive options (and believe me, some were hard to turn down!)

You are what Iíve dreamed about since my childhood. You shaped who I am as a person, the way I experience joy and pain, my hobbies, my passion. But I give and give and give and all you do is take. Take my time, take my energy, take my pride. Iím exhausted. And Iím done.

This has been a good couple of years. I felt protected. I really thought we were going to make it and that things were going to be right again. And like always, you let me down. Iíd like to say Iím disappointed, but itís bigger than that Ė Iím not just disappointed, Iím miserable!

Weíve had some beautiful moments and all in all, Iíve definitely enjoyed our time together. But your actions have shown me that you do not have the same respect for our relationship as I do. Youíve ruined everything.

I donít like how this is starting to feel like a compulsion. I almost crave knowing you better. It feels toxic. The devastation that your incompetence has on my life is irrational and unfortunate, but it is true, and I canít separate my feelings of personal self-worth from your inadequacies. But today Iím saying NO MORE! Iíve had enough. **** off.

This is not how I wanted our last night together to be spent; I assure you that I envisioned this going much differently. I know every relationship has ups and downs, but is it healthy to have SO many???

But alas, I cannot let go. I am a slave to your childish games. Ultimately, ever since youíve walked into my life, youíve made me smile. Youíve broken my heart. But I understand it wasnít intentional, and I am sure it hurts you more than me. I donít want this to be over. I want my kids to know you like I always have. So, I will just walk away for a few. We need some time apart. We need to learn how not to be so harmful for each other. I need to relax and let the anger dissipate. Understand that I am hurt, and disappointed, and need this time away to remind me how much I love you. So for now, goodbye and suckit douchebags. I will see you at the draft in April, Johns Fox and Elway.

Regards,
Patrick Turley.

I thought that I should write your breakup letter for you. You are too emotional right now, and we both know that I'm better with words anyway.
Love you ; )"
Hey do you have a picture? Sounds like she has her head on straight.
What can go wrong for you now.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 07:56 AM

This exactly. If i could flip the switch and turn it off, i would. I actually said this in the middle of last week. Its awful. It has no real effect on our lives other than making us miserable at some point

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Yeah man. She spent the weekend decorating her place and making a ton of different Broncos themed foods only to have me throwing a borderline temper tantrum through the house all night.

i didnt even reach temper tantrum stage. I was just stunned and went straight to depression.

jmz313
02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
i didnt even reach temper tantrum stage. I was just stunned and went straight to depression.

Same here. first snap safety? I mean that's just a bad omen. First time I've ever turned off a Broncos Game.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Same here. first snap safety? I mean that's just a bad omen. First time I've ever turned off a Broncos Game.

Not my first time ever, but first time in years. And it was the ****ing super bowl!!!

ludo21
02-03-2014, 08:18 AM
This exactly. If i could flip the switch and turn it off, i would. I actually said this in the middle of last week. Its awful. It has no real effect on our lives other than making us miserable at some point

i know right..

I wish I had an on/off switch.

24champ
02-03-2014, 08:23 AM
I'm just a walking *****ing zombie today. Kind of shell shocked over yesterday.

Eldorado
02-03-2014, 08:28 AM

Regards,
Patrick Turley.

Love you ; )"

I lul'd

SouthStndJunkie
02-03-2014, 08:32 AM
I started reading that and thought your girlfriend actually broke up with you right after the Super Bowl....that would have been piling on.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 08:35 AM
I started reading that and thought your girlfriend actually broke up with you right after the Super Bowl....that would have been piling on.

Ha! When I started reading it, I was like "In an email?!", "TODAY?!!"

I caught on, but it did take a few pretty upsetting paragraphs.

24champ
02-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Ha! When I started reading it, I was like "In an email?!", "TODAY?!!"

I caught on, but it did take a few pretty upsetting paragraphs.

I can only imagine the rage building up through those upsetting paragraphs.:rofl:

CHEF LUIGI
02-03-2014, 08:37 AM

She sounds like a keeper. Good women are hard to find, and worth the effort and sacrifice needed to make it work.maybe the most savvy post of your life.

strafen
02-03-2014, 08:38 AM
It's always about patrick turdley

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 08:42 AM
It's always about patrick turdley

Okay douche (which is immediately evident from the somber Steve Jobs avy on a football message board). That's obviously not the case and this thread could not be labeled more clearly.

CHEF LUIGI
02-03-2014, 08:43 AM

You get a game with all the hoopla and the hype and the food and beverage without all of the emotional baggage and turmoil.when reggie white spoke to his grteen bay teammates BEFORE their SB WIN he told them,
';I would rather NEVER go to the SB, than play in the SB and be a LOSER "

Pony Boy
02-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I'm blaming Joe Namath in that faggy fur coat botching the coin flip, I guarantee we would have won that first flip and deferred............that 2 points started the whole shiate slide.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Very creative. She seems to know you pretty well.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 09:45 AM
My friend actually said it best, and Rev can understand this ... it feels like writing an entire novel and having your computer delete it before you write the last chapter.

sutoazul
02-03-2014, 10:01 AM

It's crazy that most of us have the same feeling after that awful game last night. Like others have said, I need to be less emotionally attach to this team. They were so many people last night texting... "are the Broncos going to show up today?" UGH! I had a few people over and it was miserable in my house. When people were leaving I was apologizing for such a crappy mood and overall ambiance (most of them were bandwagon fans) so they didn't get why I was acting like this. I was in shock all game long.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 10:04 AM
It's crazy that most of us have the same feeling after that awful game last night. Like others have said, I need to be less emotionally attach to this team. They were so many people last night texting... "are the Broncos going to show up today?" UGH! I had a few people over and it was miserable in my house. When people were leaving I was apologizing for such a crappy mood and overall ambiance (most of them were bandwagon fans) so they didn't get why I was acting like this. I was in shock all game long.

Christ if I get one more "i'm sorry, man" text im gonna kill someone. I ****ing hate when people apologize over this ****. Drives me crazy.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Christ if I get one more "i'm sorry, man" text im gonna kill someone. I ****ing hate when people apologize over this ****. Drives me crazy.

I hate the "Dude, what happened to the Broncos?!?!" messages 10x as much.

B-Large
02-03-2014, 10:16 AM

Losing a Super Bowl is one thing. I could stomach a last minte Field Goal in a highly contested contest.

What I can't make amends with is that Cess we saw yesterday. What a dispicable performance. I didn't see it, but I heard the Seahawks had their back-up QB in the game int he 4th quarter. They pulled the starters on our team in the Super Bowl. It was so lopsided they pulled their starting QB, that is humilating and 100% inexecusable for this team.

Talk about buying into your seld delusional hype machine. I am going to puke my ****ing guts out the next time I hear someone talk about Manning's preperation for the game of football... puke....

I hope Elways kills come people today, but that was the biggest black eye on this Chise since I have been following, far beyond McDaniels or any of Shanny's defenses.

Yuck.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 10:21 AM

Yeah, that one too. Or the "It's Over" texts from non fans.

Thanks. I didnt realize.

Taco John
02-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Your girlfriend is my kind of evil...

orange crusher
02-03-2014, 12:03 PM

I can relate. However, it could always be worse. You could be a chiefs fan who probably never lives to see a championship. A playoff win in your 90s - maybe. Just trying to help.

SouthStndJunkie
02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
My wife has a saying: "When the Broncos lose, we all lose."

I've been know to let a loss stick in my craw for a while.

I'll try and be in a decent mood, but I'm not good at faking it.

broncosteven
02-03-2014, 12:11 PM

If you consider Football a hobby and not entertainment then you need to go get a real Hobby Chris.

Think about it, there is nothing we can control, we can root but in the end we aren't on the field and not making plays. Unless your a Seahawk fan and have tricked yourself into thinking that you impact the game.

I know you do the podcasts and follow it closely but you need something that YOU create and show your voice, your creation. For me it is music and reading/learning.

I wore my Bronco coat and hat today just like always, no need to hide my love for my team no matter what stupid things they do.

You have to have a real outlet outside of football that you can control and create in, not video games either, I am talking about art, music, crafts, woodworking, getting involved in local history organizations. Something outside of a game other dudes are playing.

Good luck and don't take it so hard, it is only a game that time will slowly heal. The trick is having other tangible things that you can control and divert your attention when your down. I get depressed and I can practice some guitar for awhile and it takes me out of my head for a little while.

Either way,

Go Broncos!

UberBroncoMan
02-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Lol, guys, thanks for the sympathy PMs but if you read through it, you'll see it was a joke email where it turns out she was writing the Broncos from my perspective all along!

In hindsight I thought it was hilarious so figured I'd posted it up in case it brightened anyone elses day, but it def was a cruel read through for the first couple paragraphs before I realized what she was up to.

I lul'ed at the people who skimmed it. Any girl who trolls like that in order to brighten the day is a winner.

Archer81
02-03-2014, 12:39 PM

My stepmother (steeler fan), friends from hs (steeler fans) my cousins (patriots fans), my father (grew up in NE, but loved the packers and colts growing up), coworkers (cowboy and Browns fans) all sent two types of texts. The haha the Broncos suck texts and the "im sorry for you" texts. I have nothing to do with the Denver Broncos as an entity. I am a fan of the team. It sucks they lost but I am not going to run a sword through my gut.

And Rev, your GF sounds awesome. Perfect way to make you laugh a bit.

:Broncos:

SouthStndJunkie
02-03-2014, 12:40 PM
I wish I was in charge of lining up everyone in the organization to give them a public shaming.

Archer81
02-03-2014, 12:44 PM
I wish I was in charge of lining up everyone in the organization to give them a public shaming.

You dont have to. What they presented last night is shame enough.

Miss I.
02-03-2014, 12:57 PM

I concur with this. Damn it Rev I was totally sucked in. I was thinking, damn that's cold dumping a dude on the day his team completely sank like the Titanic. Dang. Keep this one. She's freaking awesome.

spdirty
02-03-2014, 01:04 PM
I have a crush on your girlfriend Rev.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 01:06 PM

OR when are the Bronco's showing up. I had texts from 45 different people when I turned on my phone after the game. Half were from the Seattle fans I know since I work with a lot of guys from there but the ones that piss me off are the Raider Fans that got enjoyment somewhere from this season.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Not my first time ever, but first time in years. And it was the ****ing super bowl!!!

My first since the shellacking at New England in 2011.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 01:21 PM
My first since the shellacking at New England in 2011.

oh, ya know, i kinda did too. I was in Vegas and skipped most of the 4th quarter. Sad how it was a playoff game and a superbowl

cutthemdown
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM

I really did start to believe but a lot of the things I worried about preseason showed up ugly at the end. Just not physical enough yet in the trenches.

Elway just needs to forget about guys like Ayers, Wolfe, Jackson, Unrien, Vickerson. Keep pot roast and rebuild the Dends. Get Miller back but get a big physical inside linebacker to play the middle. Travatheon is a good weakside backer but Woodyard plays the same spot. Woodyard IMO has to go.

Then obvioulsy it's not a Bronco tradition for the other team to have the big physical safety. Broncos need an enforcer back there to help out the corners.

Then obviously the BIG need. A starting corner to replace a washed up Bailey who should retire. Adams should be cut. Moore gets a shot to come back but outside of that safetys need a total rebuild.

cutthemdown
02-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I will be getting even with one Seattle fan who rubbed it in this morning. This tool that rents a duplex from my family's trust (money goes to mom) calls me about a leaky roof. Then while I am there decides to rub the game in for 15 minutes.

Guess whose rent goes up right after roof fixed. :) The whole time I could see his wife's face like oh god my husband is blowing it. She's right he blew it. Looks like I get to be the bad guy again! LOL I love it that my brother and sister don't like dealing with the renters and leave it to me. NO HOUSE FOR YOU!

Archer81
02-03-2014, 01:53 PM
I will be getting even with one Seattle fan who rubbed it in this morning. This tool that rents a duplex from my family's trust (money goes to mom) calls me about a leaky roof. Then while I am there decides to rub the game in for 15 minutes.

Guess whose rent goes up right after roof fixed. :) The whole time I could see his wife's face like oh god my husband is blowing it. She's right he blew it. Looks like I get to be the bad guy again! LOL I love it that my brother and sister don't like dealing with the renters and leave it to me. NO HOUSE FOR YOU!

That's kinda cold man. Funny, but cold.

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 02:04 PM

lol

rep

Taco John
02-03-2014, 02:14 PM
This girl is marriage material for sure.

cutthemdown
02-03-2014, 02:17 PM
lol

rep

So I ask him if he remembers Steve Largent laying out Mike Harden and getting the ball back after an interception. He says whose Steve Largent. Nuff said.

cutthemdown
02-03-2014, 02:19 PM
It's tough for us Broncos fans, we are loyal and have been through 5 Superbowl losses and several heart wrenching AFC Championship games. Think about how often they are players in the big games though? It's not just about rings, that is BS. They are too hard to win for it to be all about rings for the fans.

For the players its all about getting at least 1 ring. They all realize how hard it is.

Seattle may not be back for sometimes, or they might get back next yr, you never know. I bet Marino thought he would get another shot, guess what? didn't happen.

Stop with the feeling sorry for yourselves because other fans can tease you now.

Taco John
02-03-2014, 02:25 PM
It's tough for us Broncos fans, we are loyal and have been through 5 Superbowl losses and several heart wrenching AFC Championship games. Think about how often they are players in the big games though? It's not just about rings, that is BS. They are too hard to win for it to be all about rings for the fans.

For the players its all about getting at least 1 ring. They all realize how hard it is.

Seattle may not be back for sometimes, or they might get back next yr, you never know. I bet Marino thought he would get another shot, guess what? didn't happen.

Stop with the feeling sorry for yourselves because other fans can tease you now.

You don't know teasing until you've suffered through three of these in a short time span...

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 02:39 PM
This girl is marriage material for sure.

Yeah, but is Rev....? :rofl:

SportinOne
02-03-2014, 03:13 PM
My girlfriend went about things a little differently...

Early in the 4th quarter, long after the game had been decided, she leans over on the couch and whispers into my ear, "the Broncos may suck today, but you're still getting the big dick player award."

jebures
02-03-2014, 03:19 PM

awesome! that is a keeper. Game sucked on epic proportions but at least she was there to give you a chuckle.

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2014, 03:30 PM

Yeah, I don't mind these ones nearly as much as the others. They're probably trying to show they relate to how you feel. Some of them probably really do.

It's the "What happened?" effers (or worse) who want to hold you accountable as some kind of spokesperson for that massive loaf of **** our Broncos just laid...

Ignore is all you can do on those.

maher_tyler
02-03-2014, 03:38 PM
My wife asked if I wanted to go get some ice cream some where in the 2nd half. She even asked if I wanted to play checkers or chess. We've literally never played either and she doesn't even know how to play chess. I think it was half time when she put on my "United In Orange" t-shirt for some good mojo. Having a good women and beautiful baby girl in my life sure made this loss much more tolerable than it otherwise would have been. I told her I have to watch this until the bitter end. She understood completely.

Willynowei
02-03-2014, 04:59 PM
My girlfriend went about things a little differently...

Early in the 4th quarter, long after the game had been decided, she leans over on the couch and whispers into my ear, "the Broncos may suck today, but you're still getting the big dick player award."

WIN

Jay3
02-03-2014, 05:59 PM

I'm a fan of the league in general, the action, and I follow certain dramas and players I like.

I had a boost getting there -- I don't live in an NFL city. In the Southeast, everybody was either a Falcons fan or Redskins fan ( usually depending on what TV market the NFL plunked you in). The Falcons became hard to love once Jerry Glanville came to town.

Then the Panthers came along when I was a married adult. They became hard to love. When Fox came along, his brand of coaching and football, while competent, makes one feel dead inside. Couple that with the heartbreaker against the Patriots. Couple that with Jake Delhomme for 3 years too long.

So I broke free. Started doing fantasy football, getting NFL Sunday Ticket, watching all the games. It's pretty fun. I follow players I liked in college or the draft, see how they do at their new teams.

I've found that most team's fanbases don't mind at all, even if you follow a player to their team. The only exception I ever found was He Who Shall Not Be Named. But everyone else? Hop on! Talk smack, or talk scoop. Whatever.

HILife
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM
lmfao. That's ****ed up. lol lol........................Seriously, break up with her.