PDA

View Full Version : Why John Fox stunk

SVine
02-03-2014, 06:58 AM
Obviously, we can point to the lack of preparation and poor gameplan, but as someone who totally despises Fox, I admit that Fox supporters can always rely on the argument that its the players that stunk and Fox isn't the one who snapped the ball over Peyton's head, etc, etc, etc.

However, I can point to some game decisions and his demeanor that made him stunk. 3 in the 1st half alone:

1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.

2)Late in the 1st half, Manning pass over the deep middle to Julius Thomas that was OBVIOUSLY pass interference. The Seattle defender was coming across the opposite way and RAN INTO Thomas! This was about as blatant PI as I had ever seen one. What does Fox do? NOTHING. A coach with real fire would be screaming in the officials faces demanding an explanation for their incompetence. This would also fire up the players if they know they have a coach who is willing to let out some fire of his own. Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

3)Seattle was content on running the clock out at the end of the 1st half. 3rd and 5 with 30 seconds left, Denver has 2 timeouts, USE ONE OF THEM, to try to force Seattle to punt. But no, Fox takes 2 timeouts into the half while down by 22. Just absolutely stupid.

Rabb
02-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Not a single person was ready for that game. It's hard to go high enough on the chain of command there to find someone that should lay the wood to everyone below them.

Something has to change though somewhere. This was worst-case scenario for this team to be honest, worse than if we had lost to Baltimore again this year like last year.

I hate saying this about my beloved Broncos, but they had no business on that field yesterday. And we will get an entire off-season hearing about it.

Coldcity76
02-03-2014, 07:05 AM
If we can single out a player or two then its player execution. But it was a collective failure of execution and you get that when you get blown out. And when you get blown out the coach is at fault.

orangenblue
02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Obviously, we can point to the lack of preparation and poor gameplan, but as someone who totally despises Fox, I admit that Fox supporters can always rely on the argument that its the players that stunk and Fox isn't the one who snapped the ball over Peyton's head, etc, etc, etc.

However, I can point to some game decisions and his demeanor that made him stunk. 3 in the 1st half alone:

1)Fox prematurely throwing the red flag to challenge a swing pass that looked like it may have been a lateral. I was frustrated with how Seattle had lined up so quickly that the tv production didn't have time to show a replay. But DON'T throw a red flag. Instead, CALL A TIMEOUT, to stop the action, which then gives the tv production a chance to show a replay. Then they would have clearly seen it was a forward pass, and they lose a timeout because they willingly use it, instead of losing a challenge and a timeout for using a challenge. Fox doesn't have a brain the to think like this though.

2)Late in the 1st half, Manning pass over the deep middle to Julius Thomas that was OBVIOUSLY pass interference. The Seattle defender was coming across the opposite way and RAN INTO Thomas! This was about as blatant PI as I had ever seen one. What does Fox do? NOTHING. A coach with real fire would be screaming in the officials faces demanding an explanation for their incompetence. This would also fire up the players if they know they have a coach who is willing to let out some fire of his own. Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

3)Seattle was content on running the clock out at the end of the 1st half. 3rd and 5 with 30 seconds left, Denver has 2 timeouts, USE ONE OF THEM, to try to force Seattle to punt. But no, Fox takes 2 timeouts into the half while down by 22. Just absolutely stupid.

All true, but FOX doesn't play on the offensive line which got manhandled last night. Nothing could have remedied that last night.

SVine
02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
If we can single out a player or two then its player execution. But it was a collective failure of execution and you get that when you get blown out. And when you get blown out the coach is at fault.

This

PRBronco
02-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Considering Fox finally went for it on a 4th and short in the red zone, after I've been yelling at him for years to do it, I have a hard time ragging on him. Unless he was the jackass who thought we should start in the game inside our own 15 in the shotgun.

vanbrugh
02-03-2014, 07:19 AM
I blame being on a boat all week.

All aboard the SS Titanic.
This one really hurts.

enjolras
02-03-2014, 07:20 AM
I just want someone to explain to me what the **** was going on with the second half kickoff. Was there some kind of plan?

Rabb
02-03-2014, 07:21 AM
Considering Fox finally went for it on a 4th and short in the red zone, after I've been yelling at him for years to do it, I have a hard time ragging on him. Unless he was the jackass who thought we should start in the game inside our own 15 in the shotgun.

I am not giving any coach any props for going for it on 4th when their team is being butt ****ed.

Clark
02-03-2014, 07:24 AM

That nails it

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 07:27 AM
Fox team makes way too many mental mistakes.so..if he gets fired, i am fine.

colonelbeef
02-03-2014, 07:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jdq3asn.gif

Crushaholic
02-03-2014, 07:29 AM

I guess that makes more sense. I thought he was trying to say that it was really a catch and a fumble. Everyone could see that it was incomplete. Anyway, Fox AND Carroll threw out early challenge flags for silly reasons...

Armchair Bronco
02-03-2014, 08:03 AM
I just want someone to explain to me what the **** was going on with the second half kickoff. Was there some kind of plan?

Totally didn't understand this "move", either.

Why give Harvin a short field to work with? Why not let Prater kick the crap out of the ball? Or at least force Harvin to run 109 yards instead of 85 yards?

Face it: Fox isn't even a competent "game manager", let alone an aggressive coach with a killer instinct. He's an Old School grump who came to Denver on the heels of a 2-14 record. 2-14 records don't happen by accident.

Out

Wes Mantooth
02-03-2014, 09:06 AM

They should have kicked 3 in that scenario.

wolf754life
02-03-2014, 09:09 AM
why do they want to extend him, no thanks

AtlantaBronco
02-03-2014, 09:18 AM

Prater should have been instructed to kick it out of the back of the end zone. If he wasn't capable of doing that then I would have rather them kicked the ball out of bounds and let the defense play than pooch it to Harvin. That return completely put the game out of reach.

NFLBRONCO
02-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Totally didn't understand this "move", either.

Why give Harvin a short field to work with? Why not let Prater kick the crap out of the ball? Or at least force Harvin to run 109 yards instead of 85 yards?

Face it: Fox isn't even a competent "game manager", let alone an aggressive coach with a killer instinct. He's an Old School grump who came to Denver on the heels of a 2-14 record. 2-14 records don't happen by accident.

Out

Yep and as soon as the ball bounced I go oh crap there he goes. ugh

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-03-2014, 09:22 AM
I see this next season as Fox's last. Manning won't play after 2014. If they win the SB next year, how could we see Fox not retire? And if they fall short again, that would be 3 straight years of not winning it with the best QB in the league. Not exactly a welcoming back in 2015 look there.

This teams gonna change after next year.

nyuk nyuk
02-03-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm not so sure that was John Fox.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5XvBYfxU_dM/TA0j7ss-AAI/AAAAAAAAKxs/NcuLGL9Am2Q/Dan%20Reeves%20Dry%20Idea%20Commercial%202-8x6.jpg

TonyR
02-03-2014, 12:10 PM
A must read on Fox...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/this-is-not-a-call-for-john-fox-to-be-fired

nyuk nyuk
02-03-2014, 12:10 PM

BINGO... Nice to see Coach Fox has brought back the Coach Reeves "Super Blowout" approach to championship games.

This is a coaching issue as well... Something, somewhere, needs to change.

Rohirrim
02-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Maybe Fox got so used to Manning coaching the offense that he just forgot that he had a job too?

KipCorrington25
02-03-2014, 12:17 PM
He's too nice a guy, he'd rather be friends with everyone than kick some ass.

But if he goes into insurance sales I'd buy from him.

CHEF LUIGI
02-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Our O became PREDICTABLE.
is that the fault of FOX ?

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Why John Fox Stunk?

Because his team lost 43-8

CHEF LUIGI
02-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Why John Fox Stunk?

Because his team lost 43-8
stench, measured as a statistic.

B-Large
02-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Maybe Fox got so used to Manning coaching the offense that he just forgot that he had a job too?

That the issue with a Manning team- I serisouly believe everybody just kind of expects Manning to drag the team to wins, and when we can't everybody just has this lost look on thier faces. What's particularly sad is Fox and his staff had no plan B, they had no adjustments to make. Its like they just got off the plane, put on some pads and decided they would play a scrimmage yesterday.

they lack of intensity and toughness is what pisses me off most. Go down, but go down hard... we looked like a bunch of hair pies last night.

Atwater His Ass
02-03-2014, 12:49 PM
That challenge on the lateral was horrible.

Down 22-0, should have kicked the FG, make the game more manageable and get some momemtum. You have the best offense in the history of the league. 22-3 is not unsurmountable.

2nd half kick off wtf? Way to let them in your heads by playing some hokey kickoff coverage that you haven't played all year. Just kick it and tackle the KR or trust Prater to kick out of the endzone. If you're really that scared, then just kick it out of bounds and take the penalty at the 35.

Punt at the 39 yardline down 29-0? lol...

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Fox 1-7 in challenges. Lol you see a wtf moment from him in every game.

Jetmeck
02-03-2014, 01:05 PM
All true, but FOX doesn't play on the offensive line which got manhandled last night. Nothing could have remedied that last night.

I am sorry but that is BS. Max protect Manning. Two Te SETS.

dIDN'T EVEN TRY IT. That is on the coaching staff

Jetmeck
02-03-2014, 01:07 PM
they lack of intensity and toughness is what pisses me off most. Go down, but go down hard... we looked like a bunch of hair pies last night.

Amen..........on that.

We had no balls last night ! none

B-Large
02-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Amen..........on that.

We had no balls last night ! none

The Hawks knew it, and it hung over the Broncos like a putrid stench. Damn this game will piss me off for a while. This is worse than the inept Raven game last year... god damn boys, just show up and play...

B-Large
02-03-2014, 01:16 PM

dIDN'T EVEN TRY IT. That is on the coaching staff

If he is getting killed, max protect, move the ball is possible and play field position. We used to stay in games for 58 minutes doign that with Tebow... its like that ****ty gameplan was God's Word and it was not to be vered from.

NFLBRONCO
02-03-2014, 01:25 PM
43-8 stinks

Team comes out FLAT in a SB that's on Fox and his staff WTF.

CHEF LUIGI
02-03-2014, 02:01 PM

dIDN'T EVEN TRY IT. That is on the coaching staffthe entire O was stale and predictable.
the trend to score less snowballed over the last 5 games.
None of those O records or points or yards meant anything in this game. the seattle team prepared to win, I don't know what our broncos did in those 2 weeks.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Instead, John Fox is SOFT, and you get a soft coach, you get a soft team.

This is so true. Same goes for Manning honestly. The dude folded like a lawn chair as soon as the defense started hitting him. You get a soft QB, you get a soft team.

extralife
02-03-2014, 04:30 PM
I honestly think John Fox should be fired after this, and I've never been a Fox hater. This game was an embarrassment to the NFL. Peyton can get mad all he wants, but all he has to do is ask the millions of Broncos fans whether or not it was embarrassing--I'm pretty sure I know what answer he'll get.

The team was not ready in the slightest. The game plan was as vanilla as possible on both sides of the ball. And we're getting railroaded and NO ONE on the sideline, player or coach, is mad or fired up at all. Everyone sat on the bench and bent over from the first play to the last. It was a disgrace. I will look back on this season with disgust and contempt from here on out. There is nothing positive. And anyone who thinks that this team can come back from that and actually be ready to win a super bowl next year is delusional. Frauds.

Raindog
02-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Fox = Norv = Wade Phillips. Guys like playing for him because he's a nice guy and "player's coach" who won't get on their cases when they do stupid things during the game. Which is why if you were to go back snd review tape of nearly every game if the Fox era in Denver, you will see the same mental errors, flubs, fumbles, and has general problems with execution week after week.

If it wasn't for Manning executing the offense (usually) flawlessly, Denver under Fox would be a lot closer to your typical Norv/Wade team in terms of weekly futility. So yeah, the Broncos can win as they have with Fox as HC as long as you have Manning. But whenever Manning can't put the team on his back and elevate them (like last night), you are stuck with uninspired, mistake-laden mess that we've seen all too often, even during games they have won - again, thanks to Manning overcoming Fox's incompetence.

That being said, I don't see any scenario where they get rid of him. Which likely means another repeat of the last two seasons: good regular season followed by some embarrassing meltdown in the post-season, unless Manning somehow outplays the flaws of the coaching all the way through the Super Bowl.

Hamrob
02-03-2014, 06:44 PM
The problem with firing Fox...is who do you get to replace him?

They've already hired most of the available and qualified applicants. who do you go get?

That being said....I would fire his weak ass in a second and worry about the rest of it later!

spiralism
02-03-2014, 06:47 PM
The players were out partying all week is one big reason. The players like him but don't respect him, he's more concerned with being a good guy to his team than making them win. Soft coaches don't win ****. This team needs a Coughlin type drill sergeant to whip them into shape and change the culture of the team. Fox isn't going to ever succeed trying to be the players friend.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Dont see him going anywhere when the FO is saying "he's perfect for us" and are starting contract extension talks.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-04-2014, 08:34 AM
So welker says they didnt prepare either. ****ing fox turning down the crowd noise during practices. How'd that work out. Casual fans know how loud and obnoxious seattle fans can be. Another smart move by fox.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24429474/wes-welker-we-didnt-prepare-well-for-crowd-noise-to-start-game

Brohemoth
02-04-2014, 08:36 AM
If only there was a Patrick Roy equivalent for the Broncos.

You forgot #4. Fox turned down the crowd-simulation volume at practice.

Broncos_OTM
02-04-2014, 08:49 AM
The Hawks knew it, and it hung over the Broncos like a putrid stench. Damn this game will piss me off for a while. This is worse than the inept Raven game last year... god damn boys, just show up and play...

I'm not calling you out as a fan or anything in that nature but the 49er superbowl debacle still to this day bugs the living **** out of me... I don't think ill ever get over the loses.

Coldcity76
02-04-2014, 08:50 AM
So welker says they didnt prepare either. ****ing fox turning down the crowd noise during practices. How'd that work out. Casual fans know how loud and obnoxious seattle fans can be. Another smart move by fox.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24429474/wes-welker-we-didnt-prepare-well-for-crowd-noise-to-start-game

Yeah, this is such a terminable offense in my opinion. No need to discuss how bad the noise affected the game we saw it on the first play take the offense right out of rhythm.

Fox is the reason the Broncos are a turnover machine. He is also the reason that the team has no fire. We could insert a high school coach next year and still make the playoffs with Manning and Von and company coming back. But maybe Del Rio is the guy...

BroncoBen
02-04-2014, 10:09 AM

Not that I am a Fox Defender... but..

1. The red flag was a good challenge because at first glance it looked like a lateral, and Seattle was in a hurry to get the ball snapped because they felt it might be a lateral. Can't just call a timeout, the play wound't have been reviewed unless it was challenged.

2. No call was made, you can't challenge a 'no call'.. everyone including the players could see it was a bad no call. Do you really think this would fire up the players ? They should be fired up already.. its the SUPERBOWL.

3.At this point with 30 seconds left in the half you just want the bleeding to stop with the clocking ticking down. Why give Seattle time to call a play, they may to go deep after a timeout. Just get out of the half and try to re-group during halftime.

Quoydogs
02-04-2014, 10:23 AM

Sorry but your points just suck .

First off Halftime could not get here fast enough. Are you really telling me that you wanted us to get the ball back with 30 seconds left after the ass kicking we had just been handed ? I say that would most likely been 7 more points for Seattle.

Throwing the read flag? It had Zero outcome on the game

So how does fox jumping around like a monkey make us look any better .. If you wanna see a coach do that become a 49ers fan.

Bottom line it was bigger then us this year. We ****ed up, we screwed the pooch, we got railroaded by a fright train right up the caboose.

But if you let that ruin your season you're nuts. Best year of watching broncos football in the last 16 maybe even better.

It was Awesome and we will be back with our 1st string D and O-line next year.

Remember people we got to the Dance with half our star players on I.R.

yerner
02-04-2014, 10:32 AM
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...ox-to-be-fired

jesus, that basically made the Broncos sound like front running bitches that aren't overly competitive. I'll tell you one thing, no matter what the scoreboard said the Seahawks wouldn't stop playing ever. Carroll wouldn't let them.