PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the great year Broncos

Navy Broncos Fan
02-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Sad it had to end the way it did. I was more emotionally invested in this team and this season than I have ever been in my life, so last night was a real disappointment.

I was really hoping to spend my day shopping for Broncos championship gear online, instead I will be looking for an old Atwater jersey.

mnfan
02-03-2014, 07:41 AM
I agree. It was fun to be one of only two teams still talked about. It was a fun year, record setting offense, beating the Chiefs and Raiders twice, etc. As a fan, when you add up the fun of the run it outweighs the agony of yesterday's defeat. Hopefully Peyton will be back and we can follow them with optimism through the offseason. Hopefully the loss yesterday brings them back hungrier than ever. Thanks for the great season!

LetsGoBroncos
02-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Great post. It was a great season with a very disappointing end. We just laid an egg at the worst possible time. I think they were already nervous to begin with and the bad snap multiplied it by 10. By the time we got our feet on the ground it was 15-0

Pick Six
02-03-2014, 07:55 AM
Great post. It was a great season with a very disappointing end. We just laid an egg at the worst possible time. I think they were already nervous to begin with and the bad snap multiplied it by 10. By the time we got our feet on the ground it was 15-0

You're being too optimistic. I counted what I consider to be 5 good plays, on offense...the whole game. We didn't start moving the ball until Seattle went prevent defense, and that didn't happen until the second half...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 07:57 AM
You're being too optimistic. I counted what I consider to be 5 good plays, on offense...the whole game. We didn't start moving the ball until Seattle went prevent defense, and that didn't happen until the second half...

The killer was having two long drives in the second quarter that netted nothing. That was it. They were done after that

Powderaddict
02-03-2014, 08:02 AM
The killer was having two long drives in the second quarter that netted nothing. That was it. They were done after that

Then the ST blunder extinguished whatever small glimmer of hope there might have been left.

The second half was like being the guy laying on the ground while the bully sits on you and continually pummels you with his fists over and over and over.

LetsGoBroncos
02-03-2014, 08:04 AM

Disagree. We had a stretch from the second quarter through the third quarter where we had 4-5 consecutive drives that we moved into their end of the field...they just ended on turnovers or downs. We only punted one time in the first three quarters. And at one point in the third quarter we had more yards, plays, and time of possession...and were down 36-0

McDman
02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
I think getting beat the way we did made it easier for me to handle. It actually became comical.

Rabb
02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
If we are going to continue to have "thanks for the great season, except..." moments, I hope the powers that be take a long and hard look at the way this team is built.

I felt the same way with Tebow at QB after the Steelers game...and that's sad. He was just as good at giving us "thanks for the great season" moments.

Kaylore
02-03-2014, 08:09 AM
I thought it was a great year. It's too bad it ended the way that it did, but with all the injuries we were playing with house money. At least we swept the playoffs in SAF for the first time since Mile High was still standing.

gunns
02-03-2014, 08:14 AM
I think getting beat the way we did made it easier for me to handle. It actually became comical.

Me too. I actually preferred it to being beaten by 1 pt. My hopes and prayers for this team are that they realize, finally, that a dominant D is a must. Look what a dominant D can do for an offense. Made Wilson look great. Has all season. Imagine what it would do for a Peyton run offense. It was a great season, too bad it ended the way it did. But as with every year, there's always next year.

Smiling Assassin27
02-03-2014, 08:16 AM

watching Ihenacho completely whiff on kearse had me guffawing for an hour. :~ohyah!:

enjolras
02-03-2014, 08:18 AM

Man I disagree. Everywhere I turn today the team I love is being turned into a punchline. The fans are taking a beating (and honestly we deserve it, it was embarrassing to hear the 12th man at a supposedly neutral site game). Even the city that I love is taking an absolute beating today.

It's tough a end to a really difficult season.

rmsanger
02-03-2014, 08:18 AM
For me they can take this year and flush it down the toilet. I don't believe in participation ribbons, league trophies, or attaboys. These sissies went out like punk biatches in pampers and had no business being on the same field. If they can't even feel shamed about the softness; I think it's time for a man check fellas. Sorriest morning as a Bronco fan in 20 years.

Kaylore
02-03-2014, 08:19 AM
That 80's commercial with Radio Shack was a bad omen. It was like "Remember the SB's in the 80's? Well you're gonna!"

Rabb
02-03-2014, 08:19 AM
For me they can take this year and flush it down the toilet. I don't believe in participation ribbons, league trophies, or attaboys. These sissies went out like punk biatches in pampers and had no business being on the same field. If they can't even feel shamed about the softness; I think it's time for a man check fellas. Sorriest morning as a Bronco fan in 20 years.

ayep

gunns
02-03-2014, 08:29 AM
That 80's commercial with Radio Shack was a bad omen. It was like "Remember the SB's in the 80's? Well you're gonna!"

Or maybe it was Peyton bringing back Joe Montana from 1984!

Navy Broncos Fan
02-03-2014, 08:38 AM

It was a bad way to end a season, but only 1 team wins the whole thing. Does that mean the other 31 teams and all their fans are punk bitches? Not at all. We aren't players, coaches, owners, we are spectators and fans. We watch the game for entertainment and joy(these may have been lacking last night) and as I said for a vast majority of this season we had great entertainment and joy. Odds are greatly against us that we wont win it next year either, but you know what we root for the team because we love them, if not your nothing more than a fair weather bandwagon fan.

It could be worse, you could be a fan of one of those teams that was the brunt of all the jokes all season. We will endure some days/weeks of jokes but we were closer than 30 other teams.

Arkie
02-03-2014, 08:48 AM
We watched our team play 19 games in a season for the sixth time. It's better than being a Chiefs fan. They've never seen a 19 game season. Neither have the Browns, Lions, Vikings, Jets, Jaguars, or Texans.

BroncoBeavis
02-03-2014, 08:57 AM

Ordinarily in the past I've felt this way.

Unfortunately because of our narrow window though, this time it's different to me. Just the realization that it's probably not going to happen now. Even with one more run at it. Rough.