PDA

View Full Version : Poorest performance in the Super Bowl goes to...

DivineLegion
02-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Orlando Franklin

Mr. Franklin saved his worst football performance for the Super Bowl, but scored a solid 10 with his effortless back skating reminecent of the great roller discos that dominated the big apple in the 80s. Of all the players on this team that I thought could match the physical intensity we expected from the Seahawks, he was the one, and I was wrong. So here's to you baby eating behemoth wearing a skirt, you deserve a pat on the ass for putting in more revolutions than the turn styles counting fans heading into Met Life stadium.

bpc
02-03-2014, 07:18 AM
OT's were horrible. I will say though, it wasn't a surprise that Seattle had good DE's which could rush the passer, what did the coaches do to help them or give us a chance? The lack of a plan B last night on offense was maddening.

BroncoBuff
02-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Manny

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Manning & Fox

theAPAOps5
02-03-2014, 07:27 AM
OT's were horrible. I will say though, it wasn't a surprise that Seattle had good DE's which could rush the passer, what did the coaches do to help them or give us a chance? The lack of a plan B last night on offense was maddening.

Every phase of the game seemed like it was incapable of adjusting. It's like they practiced for only one scenario and refused to consider any other possibilities.

Coldcity76
02-03-2014, 07:44 AM
For an individual player Manning takes that one. He choked by making changes to the play when it was the wrong thing to do and then throwing passes that pop warner QB's are taught not too.

If we are counting coaches, its Fox as there were too many mistakes and the team played its worst game of the season by far. We haven't been blown out the last two years...

Fox not going for it on the hawks 40 down 29-0 late in the third is just plain stupid. Best offense in history and you punt down big?

WolfpackGuy
02-03-2014, 07:46 AM
Offensive line.

By the time they got their bearings, it was too late.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2014, 07:46 AM
We lost that game on the first ****ing play from scrimmage. **** you, Manny.

Coldcity76
02-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Every phase of the game seemed like it was incapable of adjusting. It's like they practiced for only one scenario and refused to consider any other possibilities.

This is dead on. Its like we had some special game plan that was evidently very poorly planned and we did nothing to adjust at all. I saw too many screens as if someone was panicking and screens only work when they are timed right.

Ray Finkle
02-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Holliday…..made stupid choices on the kickoffs.

orangenblue
02-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Orlando Franklin

Mr. Franklin saved his worst football performance for the Super Bowl, but scored a solid 10 with his effortless back skating reminecent of the great roller discos that dominated the big apple in the 80s. Of all the players on this team that I thought could match the physical intensity we expected from the Seahawks, he was the one, and I was wrong. So here's to you baby eating behemoth wearing a skirt, you deserve a pat on the ass for putting in more revolutions than the turn styles counting fans heading into Met Life stadium.

Spot On!

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Everybody but Nate Irving and Pot roast

gunns
02-03-2014, 08:09 AM

No kidding. I sat there wondering what the hell they had been doing for 2 weeks. While I definitely agree there are some players that need to be replaced, to put this on one single player is naive

Smiling Assassin27
02-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Hall of Shame:

Franklin
Decker
Ihenacho
Woodyard
Manning
Fox

Everyone else was just invisible.

Rabb
02-03-2014, 08:22 AM
We lost that game on the first ****ing play from scrimmage. **** you, Manny.

I will be honest, I am not sure it was his fault entirely.

Kaylore
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Everyone crapped their pants in that game.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
I will be honest, I am not sure it was his fault entirely.

I know. I'm sure we'll learn more about it in the coming days, but for right now I would like to say **** YOU VERY MUCH, MANNY.

El Guapo
02-03-2014, 08:30 AM
First time ive decided to say anything Broncis related since that crap game was played.

One team definitely showed up to play. The fact that we got absolutely embarrased points to the fact that the players mustve all been at the strip club. It was just a party, and the coaches did poorly with the gameplan and with keeping the players focused.

How embarrasing.

This is where living no where near CO and being a die hard is tough. I have to pay for my teams transgressions with all the jerk offs of the world now. Ive been painting a target on my back with all of the gear ive been wearing (and confidence I was spewing amongst co workers). Yup, time to eat a fat crow. Thanks Broncos.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Looks like Debo, plays like Chris Tucker?

toad
02-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Everybody but Nate Irving and Pot roast

Irving did play well - particularly in the first half before things got entirely out of control.

Armchair Bronco
02-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Manning, for not being able to resist the urge to change the play at the line of scrimmage on the first play of the game.

Manning, for acting like he was playing @ home on the first play of the game.

Manning, for letting the first play of the game completely throw him off kilter. You need to have amnesia in this League, but Manning never got past that first play.

Holliday, for giving the Broncos horrible field position after EVERY kickoff in the 1st half. Dude, if you run it out of the endzone, you need to make it out to AT LEAST the 20 yard line.

Fox, for not understanding that the Super Bowl is the Momentum Bowl. Trailing 8-0, Denver needed to do something BIG and BOLD to recapture the momentum. John Fox is incapable of doing "BOLD".

Out

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Manning & Fox

I would love to hear how you would fix the Broncos by getting rid of Manning. I mean you have called for his head since they sent your fan boy Tebow off to retirement.

DivineLegion
02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Everyone crapped their pants in that game.

That's not entirely true, the front seven minus Ayers, did a fantastic job. All I heard leading up to the game was how Marshawn Lynch was going to run all over the Broncos, and they absolutely shut him down. The Run defense was sensational, who would have thought Nate Irving would have the best defensive performance for the Broncos in the Super Bowl? My adopt-a-Bronco made me proud.

Honestly, until the end of the game the defense was fantastic, the problem was the offensive line, they got embarrassed. After such a stellar showing leading up to the Super Bowl it's almost silly how poorly they performed. Outside of special teams they were our worst unit. Both of Mannings interceptions were a result of Orlando Franklin getting walked. The Recivers were catching passes, Peyton Mannings completion percentage was great, Know and Ball were getting us the tough yards. On Peyton's two picks Orlando got walked into Manning, on Mannings fumble Orlando got walked, on almost every third down the guy was doing a hell of a human blocking sled impression.

go_broncos
02-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I would love to hear how you would fix the Broncos by getting rid of Manning. I mean you have called for his head since they sent your fan boy Tebow off to retirement.

I don't care about Tebow.
I want brock to get a chance.

8 points from this offense..pathetic.

TonyR
02-03-2014, 10:30 AM
That's not entirely true, the front seven minus Ayers, did a fantastic job. All I heard leading up to the game was how Marshawn Lynch was going to run all over the Broncos, and they absolutely shut him down. The Run defense was sensational, who would have thought Nate Irving would have the best defensive performance for the Broncos in the Super Bowl? My adopt-a-Bronco made me proud.

Honestly, until the end of the game the defense was fantastic, the problem was the offensive line, they got embarrassed. After such a stellar showing leading up to the Super Bowl it's almost silly how poorly they performed. Outside of special teams they were our worst unit. Both of Mannings interceptions were a result of Orlando Franklin getting walked. The Recivers were catching passes, Peyton Mannings completion percentage was great, Know and Ball were getting us the tough yards. On Peyton's two picks Orlando got walked into Manning, on Mannings fumble Orlando got walked, on almost every third down the guy was doing a hell of a human blocking sled impression.

Great post. Disagree mildly on the defense--yes, the run D was great but overall I think the D had some failures. Lots of missed tackles on their WR's, allowed too many 3rd down conversions, etc.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 10:31 AM
I don't care about Tebow.
I want brock to get a chance.

8 points from this offense..pathetic.

LOL

razorwire77
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Orlando Franklin

It was disheartening to see him rag-dolled twice (that I saw) by a straight bull-rush. Not a swim and rip, not a spin move, not pure edge speed, just straight destroyed physically. I'd expect that from Beadles or Walton, but not a man of his size and strength. Plenty of o-line blame to go around, but you're right, he was terrible. Might be time to consider drafting another RT and moving him inside.

DivineLegion
02-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Great post. Disagree mildly on the defense--yes, the run D was great but overall I think the D had some failures. Lots of missed tackles on their WR's, allowed too many 3rd down conversions, etc.

The way I see it, the defense performed to the level required to win the game. The major deficiency in this game was simply our offenses inability to score points, and Frankly that lack of production started up front. I didn't expect the defense to come out and shut the Seahawks down, that's not what this defense is built for. They did what they needed to do, and the greatest offense in NFL history let the team down.

sutoazul
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
First time ive decided to say anything Broncis related since that crap game was played.

One team definitely showed up to play. The fact that we got absolutely embarrased points to the fact that the players mustve all been at the strip club. It was just a party, and the coaches did poorly with the gameplan and with keeping the players focused.

How embarrasing.

This is where living no where near CO and being a die hard is tough. I have to pay for my teams transgressions with all the jerk offs of the world now. Ive been painting a target on my back with all of the gear ive been wearing (and confidence I was spewing amongst co workers). Yup, time to eat a fat crow. Thanks Broncos.

This! People texting and asking what happened to your Broncos?? UGH! Work this week is going to be miserable!

Traveler
02-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Lots of blame to go around. If they don't commit to becoming more physical, this will happen again. If a team really has a blueprint on how to stop this offense, Seattle laid it out yesterday.

On a side note, call me silly, but there was a story that didn't sit well with me before the was even played. If reports were true the team made injured players stay behind and not be involved with the team, that is really a poor reflection on them.

Some of the guys were integral to helping them even reach the SB. For them to consistently preach about being a team, then pulling this kind of stunt probably didn't sit well with team mates. I'm a big believer in karma, good and bad. Definitely a bad omen before the game was even played that was returned in spades.

Gort
02-03-2014, 12:28 PM
all of them...

every single gutless one of them that played in the game.

it was a clusterfook of epic proportions. i can make that assertion. as a very longtime Broncos fan, i am well acquainted with clusterfooks of epic proportions.

Arkie
02-03-2014, 02:28 PM
every single gutless one of them that played in the game.

Even Nate Jackson? He needs to teach the rest of the team how to play Pokemon. Next year, lock the team in their rooms all week. They can go out paint Phoenix blue and orange after the game.

crowebomber
02-03-2014, 02:54 PM
I think I figured it out. It wasn't really him! It's all this guy's fault!

TonyR
02-03-2014, 03:00 PM
At least Barnwell noted the injury factor...

Football is a war of attrition, and by the time these two teams had reached the sportís biggest stage, the Seahawks had won that war. The depth of their relatively healthy roster came through on Sunday, as they exploited overmatched Denver backups stretched into starting roles, while late-round draftees and backups came up with key contributions on both sides of the ball. When Seattleís dominant pass defense neutralized Manning, the Broncos simply didnít have a team capable of stepping up and rising to the occasion. Instead, when its star was shook, Denver got stomped. http://grantland.com/features/seattles-best/

Blighty
02-03-2014, 03:21 PM
This! People texting and asking what happened to your Broncos?? UGH! Work this week is going to be miserable!

Well just tell them that the Broncos sucked then ask them how their team got on.

I'm wearing Broncos gear to training this week. F*ck da haterz