PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll

SVine
02-03-2014, 12:10 AM
After the Broncos scored their only points, I had the knee-jerk reaction that Carroll was running up the scoreboard on Seattle's ensuing possession. They were very aggressive, passing the ball something like 6 plays in a row slicing and dicing their way through Denver's defense scoring the game's final points.

Now looking back on it, I realize that he wasn't running up the score, he was closing the game out. This was his answer to the Broncos only points, take away any momentum the Broncos tried establishing and slam the door shut on Denver. This is a foreign concept of John Fox.

I wish the Broncos had a coach like Pete Carroll.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Pete Carroll is a giant douchebag, but yes he is a vastly superior coach to John Fox.

Wes Mantooth
02-03-2014, 12:36 AM
douche

OBF1
02-03-2014, 12:40 AM
And why is he a douche? a couple national championships and now a Super bowl title. If the equals a douche, Denver needs to hire one as head coach.

KipCorrington25
02-03-2014, 12:43 AM
He's got an edge which can be annoying but he walked the walk this season. I'd take that over Mr. Nice Guy.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 12:47 AM
And why is he a douche? a couple national championships and now a Super bowl title. If the equals a douche, Denver needs to hire one as head coach.

For starters he left USC in shambles and seemingly encourages PED use in his players in Seattle.

Armchair Bronco
02-03-2014, 12:49 AM
After the Broncos scored their only points, I had the knee-jerk reaction that Carroll was running up the scoreboard on Seattle's ensuing possession. They were very aggressive, passing the ball something like 6 plays in a row slicing and dicing their way through Denver's defense scoring the game's final points.

Now looking back on it, I realize that he wasn't running up the score, he was closing the game out. This was his answer to the Broncos only points, take away any momentum the Broncos tried establishing and slam the door shut on Denver. This is a foreign concept of John Fox.

I wish the Broncos had a coach like Pete Carroll.

+1. Fox's record his last year at Carolina was so bad that the Panthers ended up with the 1st overall pick. I never really understood what Elway saw in him or what he was looking for.

Carroll and Fox could not be more different. Carroll is aggressive and unafraid to pull the trigger with the game on the line. Fox is more apt to go "Full Turtle" and hope that by being conservative, he can hold on to a tenuous lead.

I predict that Carroll's style of coaching AND drafting will become the new standard for successful teams in the NFL, just like Bill Walsh became the godfather of the West Coast offense after SF's string of SB victories. Carroll is positive, fatherly, supportive, and infinitely patient. He celebrates the individuality of each player. No one in the League is better at finding "tarnished" players (like Lynch) and giving them a home and a purpose. And then polishing them up.

XXXII&III
02-03-2014, 12:56 AM
He looks like Richard Gere. Which is not a bad thing.

bpc
02-03-2014, 01:01 AM
God I hate Carroll. Good coach but such a sleeve ball. Expect people to copy his system though.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 02:53 AM
God I hate Carroll. Good coach but such a sleeve ball. Expect people to copy his system though.

It is easier said than done though to get all pro's late in the draft. There is a lot of luck in that. They better hire a cap guru in the next couple years.

Rohirrim
02-03-2014, 03:38 AM
What Carroll and that staff have done in Seattle is amazing. Wish he would have come here. I'd take him over Fox any day of the week.

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 05:12 AM
Wish we had Earl Thomas.

Arkie
02-03-2014, 05:57 AM
Carroll is 4 years older than Fox. He finally got a Super Bowl win. He finally got his 4th winning season in the NFL at age 62. His greatest strength is a college recruiter, and he only had one championship with those teams that were favorites every year.

Arkie
02-03-2014, 06:01 AM
He looks like Richard Gere. Which is not a bad thing.

He looks like Pia Sundhage.

http://media.mlive.com/michigan_soccer/photo/9803622-large.jpg

jmz313
02-03-2014, 06:32 AM
+1. Fox's record his last year at Carolina was so bad that the Panthers ended up with the 1st overall pick. I never really understood what Elway saw in him or what he was looking for.

Fox's GM/owner completely tanked the personnel for him that year. Fox deserved a job, and he is in the top 25% percent of head coaches in my opinion.

stoxman
02-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Wish we had Earl Thomas.

Well you know how they happened to acquire Earl Thomas, right? Thanks McDaniels!!

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 07:00 AM
Well you know how they happened to acquire Earl Thomas, right? Thanks McDaniels!!

That was the reason I wrote it.