PDA

View Full Version : More infamous play in recent memory

SVine
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Rahim Moore falling down against Baltimore, or Manny Ramierez snapping the ball over Peyton's head on the first play of the Super Bowl?

Rahim Moore play deflated the Broncos and ended their Super Bowl run. Sure, they had a few seconds and timeouts at the end of regulation, and overtime to still overcome that, but that play just completely deflated Denver.

Manny Ramierez set the tone of the entire game with that play. Nothing went Denver's way all throughout the game. Such a proper way to start a Super Bowl based on how the team went. Seriously, if Manny doesn't snap that ball over Peyton's head, and Denver gets a couple first downs to start the game, we have a competitive Super Bowl.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Rahim Moore. That cost us the game and a probable ring and set the tone for the Manning era in the playoffs.

Ramirez just set the tone but the attitude was endemic, this team was beaten long before they took the field.

ScottXray
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Rahim Moore falling down against Baltimore, or Manny Ramierez snapping the ball over Peyton's head on the first play of the Super Bowl?

Rahim Moore play deflated the Broncos and ended their Super Bowl run. Sure, they had a few seconds and timeouts at the end of regulation, and overtime to still overcome that, but that play just completely deflated Denver.

Manny Ramierez set the tone of the entire game with that play. Nothing went Denver's way all throughout the game. Such a proper way to start a Super Bowl based on how the team went. Seriously, if Manny doesn't snap that ball over Peyton's head, and Denver gets a couple first downs to start the game, we have a competitive Super Bowl.

Nope ...we lost the coin toss. And Seattle got the choice and Won even there.

Ramirez just started the actual debacle. The crowd noise surprised everyone, and Manning too. He was late going towards the line too.

Remember we went 3-out one or two drives later.....

Everyone played like crap.

I HATE QUEEF FANS!
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
A championship team bounces back from a 2-0 deficit.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 08:50 PM

Ramirez just started the actual debacle. The crowd noise surprised everyone, and Manning too. He was late going towards the line too.

Everyone. Top to bottom. Choking inflicted this team like a disease.

OBF1
02-02-2014, 08:51 PM

The 3 and out was a lot easier to take than the 1 and -2 points and loss of possession was the drive prior.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 08:52 PM
This was just fail from the moment Phillip Seymour Hoffman OD'd.

spdirty
02-02-2014, 09:08 PM
I can't put the blame solely on manny. I can give all the blame to rahim though.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Rahim Moore and it's not close

24champ
02-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Manny snap, it was in the big game.

Rahim's f up was in the divisional round, who knows if we would have beaten the patriots or the niners.

Blart
02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Ramirez's snap because it defined the entire game, it was a SB, and it was a weird, uncommon play.

Much more memorable, and it's not close.

Taco John
02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Ramirez for me. To choke that badly on the first play of the game that you snap the ball over a 6 foot 5 man's head... That's some special choking right there. That's not even having to make a play down the field in crunch time. That's just not being able to function to do the job you are paid to do and done two thousand times before.

go_broncos
02-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Rahim moore..that loss still hurts.

SVine
I am surprised how lopsided this poll is. This was the first play of the ****ing Super Bowl, and what do you do? Snap it over Peyton's head into the endzone? Lose the coin toss, so with Seattle deffering, Denver starts the game -2 on the scoreboard, and without the ball, AND without the ball again to start the 2nd half. Talk about taking a sharp knife straight through the knee cap. And looking back on it in reflection, completely set the tone for the rest of the game. Manny took a dump on the Broncos and he told the rest of the players it is okay for everyone else to take turns taking dumps on each other.

SonOfLe-loLang
No way. In 20 years, this will be a Super Bowl blow out...and the Baltimore game will still be the Rahim Moore game

SVine
02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
I can't put the blame solely on manny. I can give all the blame to rahim though.

Fox deserves equal blame than Rahim for that loss for taking the ball out of Peyton's hands at the end of regulation and failing to close that game out with a lead.

24champ
02-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Ramirez for me. To choke that badly on the first play of the game that you snap the ball over a 6 foot 5 man's head... That's some special choking right there. That's not even having to make a play down the field in crunch time. That's just not being able to function to do the job you are paid to do and done two thousand times before.

This.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM
The Ramirez snap was terrible, but come on, we lost by 35 points.

GoHAM
02-02-2014, 09:48 PM

This. Let's be honest, if Manny gets the snap to Peyton we go three and out and only lose by 33. If Rahim (or Tony Carter) makes that play, the Broncos roll... and who knows what happens. Way more romance in the What-If Super Bowl, than the We Didn't Show Up Super Bowl.

Seattle came to play, Denver didn't.

Taco John
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM

What does that matter? We started the game spotting them two, the ball, and the emotional edge, and the team never recovered from it. Yeah, they all deserve their own criticism for not being able to pull out of the downward spiral, but if there is one play to point to this game that encapsulated it, that would be the play.

It's one thing to get the snap count wrong - but to then snap it over a 6 foot 5 man's head. That's some serious choking there...

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 11:36 PM
What does that matter? We started the game spotting them two, the ball, and the emotional edge, and the team never recovered from it. Yeah, they all deserve their own criticism for not being able to pull out of the downward spiral, but if there is one play to point to this game that encapsulated it, that would be the play.

It's one thing to get the snap count wrong - but to then snap it over a 6 foot 5 man's head. That's some serious choking there...

It matters because one play decided a game and the other was just one of many terrible plays by a team that saved its worst game of the season for the Super Bowl.

Finger Roll
02-02-2014, 11:44 PM
The broncos couldn't do anything on offense all game long. It probably would of been a 3 and out anyway. The Moore play was far worse

Armchair Bronco
02-03-2014, 12:03 AM
I have to give at least 50% of the blame to Manning on that first play.

First, why did he have to go "All Peyton" and approach the line one last time? Seattle hadn't even moved, so Manning's jump to the line was all just for show.

Second, it really looks to me like Manning kicked up his right leg, just like he would on a road game, to call for the snap.

On that first play, Manning was his own worst enemy. And the game turned on that single play.