PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow?

Popps
02-02-2014, 08:14 PM
I kid.

#### everyone. Wearing my gear to work tomorrow. Love this team. Hate this result and this off-season is going to be brutal.

But, couldn't be more proud of how far this team has come in a couple of seasons, and all they accomplished this year despite losing major contributors on both sides of the ball.

Chin up, y'all. The sting will fade... we will be back. We have strong ownership, a strong front office and a great nucleus of young players. We'll get a Pro Bowl caliber player back on both sides of the ball, for starters.

Been doing this for a long time... sat through beat-downs worse than this. (Though perhaps none as surprising.) But, I wouldn't trade any of it... good and bad.

We've got the 2nd most SB appearances of any franchise in the league, and we will be back soon.

Hang in there, folks. This was a brutal ending to an otherwise great season.

slatimer
02-02-2014, 08:16 PM
excellent post!!!

errand
02-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Exactly....the Broncos lost to a team who played a better game than they did. sh!t happens...sure it was clearly something I wasn't expecting, but as a fan I take comfort in knowing that we are a contender damn near every year.

This franchise has been one of the best in NFL history since the merger and this FO will make the changes needed to ensure we continue to be one of them for the foreseeable future.

This place however has too many clowns who will b!tch about the team regardless.....

SoCalBronco
02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Lol...Tebow.

Good stuff Popps, but this stings real bad dude. It will take quite awhile to overcome.

Too much disgust right now.

SVine
02-02-2014, 08:23 PM
I would rather have had Tebows heart and athletic ability and desire than how Manning performed. I know I'll get flamed but I'm in such a mood that flaming me won't bother me.

Enter The Dragon
02-02-2014, 08:25 PM
ORANGE AND BLUE FOREVER - I have been a Bronco Fan for as long as I can remember - in good times and bad time – through thick and thin – through wins and losses. I will always be a Bronco fan – I am NOT a band wagoner – I will remain a proud Bronco fan now and forever. United in Orange We Will Be Back - We Will Overcome. This is upsetting – disappointing – a very sad day to lose like this – this bad – BUT I will not abandon my team now or ever I will stay loyal – you may hate me and you may hate my team – BUT - I will not give up on the dream. – ORANGE AND BLUE FOREVER.

lod01
02-02-2014, 08:28 PM
I would rather have had Tebows heart and athletic ability and desire than how Manning performed. I know I'll get flamed but I'm in such a mood that flaming me won't bother me.

Manning's just a regular season stat whore. Tebow is where it's at.

McDman
02-02-2014, 08:30 PM
I kid.

#### everyone. Wearing my gear to work tomorrow. Love this team. Hate this result and this off-season is going to be brutal.

But, couldn't be more proud of how far this team has come in a couple of seasons, and all they accomplished this year despite losing major contributors on both sides of the ball.

Chin up, y'all. The sting will fade... we will be back. We have strong ownership, a strong front office and a great nucleus of young players. We'll get a Pro Bowl caliber player back on both sides of the ball, for starters.

Been doing this for a long time... sat through beat-downs worse than this. (Though perhaps none as surprising.) But, I wouldn't trade any of it... good and bad.

We've got the 2nd most SB appearances of any franchise in the league, and we will be back soon.

Hang in there, folks. This was a brutal ending to an otherwise great season.

Prepare to be flamed by angry and irrational drunks,

hades
02-02-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm a huge Bronco fan, have been since 3rd grade when I moved to Colorado ('73). But, as a fan, I can still be pissed about the beat down Seattle put on us today. I don't care about next year (yet), we expected a win this year, and we fell short. Disappointed, yes, but still a fan.

GameChanger
02-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Elway knew tebow would break his records so elway traded him in a jealous rage

Popps
02-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Prepare to be flamed by angry and irrational drunks,

Let them flame. I can relate. Just been through this enough to know it gets better. This team will be back.

But hell yeah. It breaks your heart as a fan.

But you live and die with your team.

spdirty
02-02-2014, 08:42 PM
I think I emotionally invest too much into the Broncos.

Popps
02-02-2014, 08:44 PM
I think I emotionally invest too much into the Broncos.

We all do brother. It'll get better. This gloom will turn to optimism. Just takes some time.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 09:04 PM
We all do brother. It'll get better. This gloom will turn to optimism. Just takes some time.

I def do. I'd be a better person without sports, but oh well. Hard to turn off

Popps
02-02-2014, 09:22 PM
I def do. I'd be a better person without sports, but oh well. Hard to turn off

I hear you man. I thought I might be fighting off a few tears tonight, but certainly not for the reasons I was.

Listening to KOA now. Fans are just in shock. Who can blame us.

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2014, 09:38 PM

5 of them being Super Blowouts. When we lose a Super Bowl, we don't just lose it. The wheels fall off and we're smeared all over the field.

Has anyone lost as many Super Bowls as we have?

This kind of crap is why longterm Broncos fans are always so tentative about getting deep into the playoffs.

Popps
02-02-2014, 09:43 PM
5 of them being Super Blowouts. When we lose a Super Bowl, we don't just lose it. The wheels fall off and we're smeared all over the field.

Has anyone lost as many Super Bowls as we have?

This kind of crap is why longterm Broncos fans are always so tentative about getting deep into the playoffs.

A loss is a loss. I might even feel worse if we had lost by 3. I'm not sure honestly. At least this I can write off somewhat as a fluke, because I do not believe this final score was indicative of the talent levels on the two teams. Is SEA a better team? Yeah, probably so. And they play a playoff-style football, whereas we play a finesse, regular-season style of football. So, it is what it is.

But I wouldn't trade this season for any other team's season in the league, outside of Seattle's. That's worth something.

Is it brutal? #### yes it is. I'm listening to Big Al on the radio right now... sounding like he's on the verge of tears, and it's not an act. Dude said he's sitting there having cocktails, trying to make it go away. Tough to hear. He loves this team like we do.

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm heading out to the Century Aurora theater tomorrow and I'm wearing a Denver jersey. I don't like this gloom and doom attitude on this forum. These guys are hiding in the sand. Screw it - I'm wearing orange.

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
A loss is a loss. I might even feel worse if we had lost by 3. I'm not sure honestly. At least this I can write off somewhat as a fluke, because I do not believe this final score was indicative of the talent levels on the two teams. Is SEA a better team? Yeah, probably so. And they play a playoff-style football, whereas we play a finesse, regular-season style of football. So, it is what it is.

But I wouldn't trade this season for any other team's season in the league, outside of Seattle's. That's worth something.

Is it brutal? #### yes it is. I'm listening to Big Al on the radio right now... sounding like he's on the verge of tears, and it's not an act. Dude said he's sitting there having cocktails, trying to make it go away. Tough to hear. He loves this team like we do.

Big Al is a Bronco to his bone marrow. He, however, is fortunate enough to not having been here when we lost those 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Sad to say, but being old enough to see that and having been through that and dragged through the sewer with the team, it's left me much better able to handle these situations. I purposely didn't get myself get carried away it with that old trauma in the back of my mind. More than anything, I found myself angry over this poor effort. There was a lot more pre-game celebration in Seattle than in Denver and the reason is most definitely a tentativeness that remains among us due to all of those blowouts. I did not buy an iota of Super Bowl merchandise and I am thrilled for that.

I have some serious questions about coaching staff and I am quite angry with Fox. I think this game puts him on the hot seat, and rightly so. We may as well have not even made the trip - where in the hell was the team? They didn't show up AT ALL. It's like they were being coached by St. Mary's Convent. Play calling was suspect, execution was pure ****. What in the hell happened???!!! We need some personnel changes -- on the field and on the sideline.

Peyton has won the Super Bowl and I'm saddened to see Denver fans dissing him in the same manner the national sports media did John Elway before he got that first ring on his finger. Same kind of talk: You're a failure, retire now. You can't win. Get rid of him. You crumble in the big game. You choke. Blah blah blah...

CAN YOU BRONCOS FANS PLEASE STOP DEFECATING ON OUR QUARTERBACK?

Popps
02-02-2014, 10:07 PM
in the same manner the national sports media did John Elway before he got that first ring on his finger. Same kind of talk: You're a failure, retire now. You can't win. Get rid of him. You crumble in the big game. You choke. Blah blah blah...

Yeah, a lot of people don't even remember those days. Elway was "a choker."

Look, there are always going to be short-sighted sports fans, and fans that react with emotion only. It's a game. We're allowed to react how we want, I suppose.
But the truth of the matter is, Manning is one of the all-time greats... is obviously a HOF insta-lock and SB winner.

Now, I do have some questions as to how his overall game holds up come playoff time, not all because of him... but because of how the teams that are built around him play. But, that's for another conversation.

Is there anyone you would rather plug in than him for us next season?

Me either.

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Is there anyone you would rather plug in than him for us next season?

Me either.

There were a few people who even said after those Super Bowl losses in the 1980s that we would never win it until after we got rid of Elway.

XXXII&III
02-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Well...Tim's commercials were a bright spot.