PDA

View Full Version : You don't win Championships with the injuries we had

ATL-Eric
02-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Period. If you think about it, it's the truth. That's what I'm taking with me into the offseason. I'm not mad. We're still the team to beat in the afc next year.

Everyone knows the list of injured starters but it starts with Clady and we needed him tonight.

Action
02-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Packers did.

In all seriousness... I do agree. You don't construct a team to win a SB with all the players we had going down.

B-Large
02-02-2014, 09:08 PM
8 points. the O was healthy. 8 points.

No sugar coats that kind of performance.

8 Points. 8. I am still in disbelief

ATL-Eric
02-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Packers did.

Dude.... Clady , koppen, kuper, vickerson, Wolfe, Von, Wes , Harris , Moore. And Champ to some extent.

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Nope. No excuses. The D played good enough when the game was still in question and that's where the major injuries were. The offense was soft. If they didn't match the seabags in physicality then the game was going to be over quick. And so it was.

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 09:14 PM
that's what I thought. but they got this far, and figured they'd have a legitimate shot to do so. Still, it was the offense that let the team down, and other then clady and koppen they were fairly healthy

spiralism
02-02-2014, 09:14 PM
No excuses. This was an epic chokejob

Greatspirits
02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Exactly, we got whipped today, but it sure would have been nice to see how we would have performed with our 6 injured players.

go_broncos
02-02-2014, 09:16 PM
8 points from this team.unacceptable..not sure how anyone is confident that we will win SB with manning as our QB..2 Years..2 years to forget.
I just hope he retires so that i avoid the torture he gives the fans.

Action
02-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Exactly, we got whipped today, but it sure would have been nice to see how we would have performed with our 6 injured players.

Or even 3 of them.

At the end of the day, our offense had a full season to gel together and they were culprit today for this loss.

The defense did what they could given the injuries they had. They had some stops and played decent for some time being, but offense couldn't stay on the field or gain any momentum and put some points on the board.

It was only an 8-0 deficit after the 1st.

ATL-Eric
02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Nope. No excuses. The D played good enough when the game was still in question and that's where the major injuries were. The offense was soft. If they didn't match the seabags in physicality then the game was going to be over quick. And so it was.

Clark was beat all night. Those two picks man were on the o-line

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 09:21 PM

I agree. That's why it pays to have a game manager and an elite defense in the big games. Too much can go wrong otherwise.

spiralism
It could have been different, but we wouldn't have won. Could have lost Dallas Cowboys style but the result would have been the same. This team's issue is a mental one.

Action

Yup.

Someone so go watch those plays again. Check how quickly Manning got the ball out on both plays.

Julius Thomas was open too.

Old Dude
02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Anyone who thinks this is a better team without Clady, Von Miller, Wolfe and Harris is simply an idiot.

Would they have been enough to win? Probably not.

Action
02-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Anyone who thinks this is a better team without Clady, Von Miller, Wolfe and Harris is simply an idiot.

Would they have been enough to win? Probably not.

No, but we'd have a different starting Center had we been a healthy team too.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
8 points. the O was healthy. 8 points.

No sugar coats that kind of performance.

8 Points. 8. I am still in disbelief

While I generally agree, keep in mind that we went for it more than we otherwise would have given it was the SB. In the regular season, this still was a "teens" output and not even close to enough. The GOAT offense cant put out that little.

Hartley
02-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Yep, I feel like were best off to cut the fat next year and invest in defense. Manning makes this offense what it is. I don't care if we have 6th string receivers out there, they are enough to win a SB if you have a stout D.

While I generally agree, keep in mind that we went for it more than we otherwise would have given it was the SB. In the regular season, this still was a "teens" output and not even close to enough. The GOAT offense cant put out that little.

No1BroncoFan
02-02-2014, 10:23 PM

With the level of preparation this team apparently had, 40-14 Seattle. This was a coaching fail as much as it was an offensive fail. The team was NOT prepared.

KipCorrington25
02-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Played scared, nothing to do with injuries... it's one thing if they gave an effort and fell short, this was a total choke job.

SVine
02-02-2014, 10:33 PM
If you had a coach like Belichick you do.

ATL-Eric
02-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Yep, I feel like were best off to cut the fat next year and invest in defense. Manning makes this offense what it is. I don't care if we have 6th string receivers out there, they are enough to win a SB if you have a stout D.

You know, in the 1st quarter I felt like the secondary we're holding up but the pass rush just wasn't there. There were a handful of plays where we almost had Wilson. That's on the d-line against an avg Seattle line

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Injuries surely didn't help, and I went into this season worrying about the defense.

manchambo
02-02-2014, 11:11 PM
Before the game I thought, if we lost, that would be why. But it really wasn't. D played ok. Offense shat the bed and st played as usual (something worse than ****ting the bed)

richpjr
02-02-2014, 11:31 PM
I'm sure the Chargers and Patriots both felt the same way in their playoff losses to the Broncos. Someone needs to step up or you go home. And even if the Broncos had some or most of the hurt players back, I'm not sure it would have made 35 points worth of difference...

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Period. If you think about it, it's the truth. That's what I'm taking with me into the offseason. I'm not mad. We're still the team to beat in the afc next year.

Everyone knows the list of injured starters but it starts with Clady and we needed him tonight.

Oh for ****'s sake! We scored 8 points with a mostly healthy offense and turned the ball over constantly. Grow a ****ing brain!

R8R H8R
02-02-2014, 11:35 PM
No injury excuse. We ****ed up!

Finger Roll
02-03-2014, 12:22 AM
If they lost a 35-32 shoot out it would be a good excuse.