PDA

View Full Version : Tear it all down

Pages : [1] 2

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Manning needs to retire.

The coaching staff needs to be fired.

Every free agent needs to be allowed to go somewhere else.

Elway needs to look at himself in the mirror and really think about what he is trying to do, and then he needs to start rebuilding a true championship team.

This team is a fraud to the core. They lack heart. And it all needs to be torn down.

I'd rather go 1-15 than suffer another Super Bowl loss like this. I'd rather be the ****ing Browns. This is not me being overly emotional after a huge loss. This is just the truth. It's better to be hopeless than to get your hopes up and have them utterly obliterated by a team failing to even show up for the biggest game they may ever play.

Manning is done. Fox and the rest of the coaching staff didn't prepare our players in the slightest, and our players simply didn't show up. Let's be clear, this Seahawk team is not that good. Not even close. This isn't like the '89 49ers. There is no excuse to be blown out by that team. None.

This is the worst loss in Bronco history. Period. And if we roll with the same key people in key positions next year that means we are okay with what just happened. That means this organization is okay with being the whipping boy of the ****ing Seahawks of all teams. And that means nothing will get better, nothing will change.

Tear it all down!

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 08:50 PM
The MVP of the league is done. Good idea, tear it all down and enjoy years of mediocrity.

TonyR
02-02-2014, 08:50 PM
^ Lol, one of the guys (referring to the OP) who was so sure we were going to win so easily the last two weeks.

TonyR
02-02-2014, 08:51 PM
The MVP of the league is done. Good idea, tear it all down and enjoy years of mediocrity.

Yup, without Manning this is/was an 8-8 team.

B-Large
02-02-2014, 08:51 PM
It's almost worst than last year. This was embarrassing, last year just sucked.

enjolras
02-02-2014, 08:52 PM
I want to disagree. I really really want to.

But I can't. I don't thin it's about "heart", but I do think it's about philosophy. Seattle built a college team. One built on speed, aggressiveness, and passion. I don't think the Broncos have much of any of it.

enjolras
02-02-2014, 08:52 PM

Completely right. Probably worse.

But the distance between 13-3 and champion is even bigger.

slatimer
02-02-2014, 08:53 PM
seriously we just went to the Superbowl with a team that has no real running game and half of its defense on IR....and I think the safety shook them and they never got out of it..

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 08:53 PM
I'd rather go 1-15 than suffer another Super Bowl loss like this.
Dumbest thing you've ever posted.

I'd rather be the ****ing Browns.
Ok....maybe THIS is.

This is not me being overly emotional after a huge loss.
It better be.....or refer to my first comment.

It's better to be hopeless
Can we have any MORE drama queens tonight?

Manning is done.
::)

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Completely right. Probably worse.

But the distance between 13-3 and champion is even bigger.

That's bull****. Put it this way, we play that game 5 times, I bet we win it once. They knocked us around but we also completely **** the bed. You're killing it with tired cliches tonight

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 08:55 PM
^ Lol, one of the guys (referring to the OP) who was so sure we were going to win so easily the last two weeks.

I was sure they would show up and play their best. Instead they showed up and played their worst.

Oh and **** you TonyR. You are human garbage.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Dumbest thing you've ever posted.

Ok....maybe THIS is.

It better be.....or refer to my first comment.

Can we have any MORE drama queens tonight?

Is this okay with you? As a Bronco fan are you okay with your team just not showing up for the Super Bowl? Well good for you. Maybe you should be the Browns fan you loser.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Looks like my ignore profile is going to get a lot bigger over the next couple weeks.

OP is insane and overreactionary.

What you do is get better over the offseason and work to fix the issues that caused the embarrassment. You don't cut a QB who can score 60 TD's in one season.

Wipe your tears and relax, it is not the 1st time a great QB has been embarrassed in a SB.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 08:58 PM

The MVP of the league? What a joke.

Dude played like **** just like the rest of the team. His incredible season stats couldn't be more hollow right now.

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Manning is still the Broncos best chance to win a title. They are not likely even competitive with Brock or one of the garbage free agent qb's. If he retires, you are talking about a 2-3 year rebuild unless they get lucky again at QB

I agree that the coaching staff should not be back. I'd re-sign Chris Harris, and DRC.

This game should hurt for the players and the fans. But you don't need to tear it down

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 09:00 PM

Then let it be an 8-8 team while we acquire the players to win. Manning in the system he runs will never win another SB. Never.

TonyR
Oh and **** you TonyR. You are human garbage.

LOL Do you now believe those advanced metrics which suggested that Seattle was pretty good? :rofl:

Agamemnon
Looks like my ignore profile is going to get a lot bigger over the next couple weeks.

What you do is get better over the offseason and work to fix the issues that caused the embarrassment. You don't cut a QB who can score 60 TD's in one season.

Wipe your tears and relax, it is not the 1st time a great QB has been embarrassed in a SB.

So do you honestly think this coaching staff is Super Bowl worthy? Seriously?

Do you honestly want a team full of players that just didn't show up for the Super Bowl? Seriously?

What I'm taking from this thread:

A lot of Bronco fans were just happy to get to the Super Bowl. A lot of Bronco fans are okay with massive, systemic failure as long as it looks good in the regular season. A lot of Bronco fans are okay with their team being losers.

To each their own.

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Is this okay with you? As a Bronco fan are you okay with your team just not showing up for the Super Bowl? Well good for you. Maybe you should be the Browns fan you loser.

**** you, dude. Of course I'm not "ok" with losing. But unlike you, I guess I can put it in perspective. Did tonight change your life somehow? If it did.....perhaps you need to get one.

I'm just as passionate a fan as anyone. But it IS just a game. I can't allow a loss to consume me like it has for so many years. It's too exhausting.

We didn't learn anything new tonight. DEFENSE still wins championships. Didn't the 2007 Pats teach us that? Did I expect a blowout? No. But I'm not about to slit my wrists over it either.

TonyR
02-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Then let it be an 8-8 team while we acquire the players to win. Manning in the system he runs will never win a SB. Never.

I understand the frustration. Manning didn't play well. But the pressure on him was the issue. The guy was trying to make throws with defenders bearing down on him and hitting him. That doesn't totally excuse his performance, but it is the main reason he and our O didn't look good.

SVine
02-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Manning might give us a better shot at winning a title next year, but maybe it's time to find out if Brock is the man that can eventually become the qb that we all hope him to be, I and perhaps we should start finding out really soon.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:04 PM
LOL Do you now believe those advanced metrics which suggested that Seattle was pretty good? :rofl:

You're a ****ing moron if you think this game was about how good the Seahawks are. Yes they played great. That was to be expected. But that team couldn't blow out New Orleans at home. This is all about the Broncos. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks. Could they have beat us with the way they played even if we had shown up? Yes. And there wouldn't have been any shame in that. This is something different, something deeply systemic, and if we don't make extreme changes this franchise is going to be hopeless for the foreseeable future.

Actually my greatest fear right now is that it happens all over again next year. I'm amazed at how you people seem to be okay with what just happened. It's unreal.

bombay
02-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Anyone who wants Manning to retire is a complete idiot. Any Bronco fan, that is. I can see why the rest of the league would want it.

Tom H.
02-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Meh. I don't think they could've played a worse game but they have plenty going for them. It wasn't their Superbowl by a longshot. I hope they can hold together and give it another run next season.

colonelbeef
This team has plenty of pieces in place personnel wise. Clady, Miller, Harris, Wolfe need to get healthy, Champ needs to be upgraded, as does safety.

I'm not a huge fan of Fox but could deal with him coming back if a more aggressive gameplan is worked into the mix

Agamemnon
**** you, dude. Of course I'm not "ok" with losing. But unlike you, I guess I can put it in perspective. Did tonight change your life somehow? If it did.....perhaps you need to get one.

I'm just as passionate a fan as anyone. But it IS just a game. I can't allow a loss to consume me like it has for so many years. It's too exhausting.

We didn't learn anything new tonight. DEFENSE still wins championships. Didn't the 2007 Pats teach us that? Did I expect a blowout? No. But I'm not about to slit my wrists over it either.

You seem to be okay with losing. You seem to be quite comfortable with it actually, seeing as you want this coaching staff and all these players to stick around rather than blowing it all up and trying to build something with some real substance and a solid foundation.

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:07 PM
You're a ****ing moron if you think this game was about how good the Seahawks are. Yes they played great. That was to be expected. But that team couldn't blow out New Orleans at home. This is all about the Broncos. It has nothing to do with the Seahawks. Could they have beat us with the way they played even if we had shown up? Yes. And there wouldn't have been any shame in that. This is something different, something deeply systemic, and if we don't make extreme changes this franchise is going to be hopeless for the foreseeable future.

Actually my greatest fear right now is that it happens all over again next year. I'm amazed at how you people seem to be okay with what just happened. It's unreal.

Turnovers. It's the same old story. 4 ****ING turnovers (I say 5 b/c I count the safety as a turnover).....plus a special teams TD.

That alone killed us.

4 turnovers and a ST td doesn't mean you blow up the entire roster.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Meh. I don't think they could've played a worse game but they have plenty going for them. It wasn't their Superbowl by a longshot. I hope they can hold together and give it another run next season.

Haha it took an epic loss for TonyR to get positive. Craziness indeed

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Manning might give us a better shot at winning a title next year, but maybe it's time to find out if Brock is the man that can eventually become the qb that we all hope him to be, I and perhaps we should start finding out really soon.

Brock ****ing sucks. We're not going to kick Peyton to the curb just so we can see that over 16 games.

spiralism
This was just an epic chokejob. In all fairness. Nobody could say that we're 43-8 worse off than that team on the basis of this season but we churned out by far the worst team performance since the Tebow season in the Super Bowl

SonOfLe-loLang
You seem to be okay with losing. You seem to be quite comfortable with it actually, seeing as you want this coaching staff and all these players to stick around rather than blowing it all up and trying to build something with some real substance and a solid foundation.

If there was ever reacting on pure emotion. This is it

bombay
Isn't this idiot a big teblower?

Agamemnon

You are so clueless it hurts. This team is done. Manning is done. This coaching staff is done. There is no coming back from this. If they try again next year it may actually get worse. I definitely won't get better. This team is fundamentally flawed. Nothing is going to fix that other than to start over.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Brock ****ing sucks. We're not going to kick Peyton to the curb just so we can see that over 16 games.

Yeah his comment is dumb. But nothing said tonight should be held against them

slatimer
02-02-2014, 09:10 PM

this

TonyR
Haha it took an epic loss for TonyR to get positive. Craziness indeed

TonyR is just realistic. That's all. I was wary of this team all year. Now you see why. It's pretty much the same team we saw lose against Baltimore last year. Fool me once...

rolandftw
A lot of Bronco fans were just happy to get to the Super Bowl. A lot of Bronco fans are okay with massive, systemic failure as long as it looks good in the regular season. A lot of Bronco fans are okay with their team being losers.

To each their own.

Nobody is happy with any of that

Action
make it to the super bowl. tear team down.

Broncos fans representing well around here.

cutthemdown
LOL Manning has a shot next yr.

Tom H.
You are so clueless it hurts. This team is done. Manning is done. This coaching staff is done. There is no coming back from this. If they try again next year it may actually get worse. I definitely won't get better. This team is fundamentally flawed. Nothing is going to fix that other than to start over.

The Chiefs are that away----> Good luck to you.

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 09:11 PM

they should just give up now, I guess.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-02-2014, 09:11 PM

I'm not OK with it. That was a complete embarrassment put on the field. At halftime I commented that they should just concede cause it was gonna be more of the same in the 2nd half. Got blasted for that. Ended up being right.

Not sure about blowing up the team but they need to seriously look in the mirror and define who they are. Cause there's just a soft mentality all around. Look at the losses this year and they all ring the same. Everyone says "beat ourselves" after every one of these losing games. Sooner or later some need to realize that is this team. Bonehead mistakes and stepping on feet is and has been a recurring theme. Whether it's a fumble or a decker trip you can count on something stupid happening every game. You aren't gonna beat good teams that way, but you can pad a record beating bad teams.

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:12 PM

Again, you don't "blow up" a team that just made the Superbowl!

My guess is you're drunk and emotional. That's fine.

And if I SEEM "ok with losing"......I have to be. For 30 years I've stressed over every game, gotten in funks for a week after a losses....all that stuff.

I just can't do it anymore. I can't allow myself to be miserable for the next 2 weeks over this loss, the way I always used to. To steal a term, I guess I've just learned to "compartmentalize".....only very recently. It was more a choice.

Just last year.....I nearly threw up over the Ravens loss. I felt THAT ill.

Just can't do it......

I care.....just as much as I ever have. I just have to let it go.

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 09:12 PM
make it to the super bowl. tear team down.

Broncos fans representing well around here.

Peyton spoiled this fan base. Only way you tear the team down, is if Peyton retires.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
TonyR is just realistic. That's all. I was wary of this team all year. Now you see why. It's pretty much the same team we saw lose against Baltimore last year. Fool me once...

I didn't say you weren't realistic, but you're a pessimist to manage expectations. Strangely I'm the same exact way in life with every single thing except the broncos. Is what it is

Jekyll15Hyde
02-02-2014, 09:14 PM
You dont need to blow this up. You just need to spend every possible draft pick on D and get some speed and size. Need to get nasty, particularly at MLB.

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 09:16 PM
You dont need to blow this up. You just need to spend every possible draft pick on D and get some speed and size. Need to get nasty, particularly at MLB.

They need to get tougher at offense, not defense. Sure the defense has a lot of issues, no doubt, but even a great defense isn't winning if the offense turns it over like denver did today

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:17 PM

This times 1,000.

We have absolutely SUCKED at MLB since we lost Big Al.

Not even anyone mediocre at the position. We need a stud MLB, get Von healthy, see Trevathan continue to get better. Sign another nasty pass rusher. Get a safety.

We'll be right back at it.

rolandftw
Yeah his comment is dumb. But nothing said tonight should be held against them

yeah, there will be a lot of venting over the next 24 hours

Mile High Mojoe
Manning needs to retire.

The first line is the important part of your rant and I concur. I thought I was mad, you're a mushroom cloud Dude. :)

jebures
02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Decker was nearly invisible this game. He showed me he isn't worth a big contract...let him leave. Tony Carter GTFO. We really missed our Injured D players. Manning did in fact choke.

Agamemnon
If there was ever reacting on pure emotion. This is it

Tell me, what is the reasonable non-emotional reaction? Do you honestly believe in Manning after this game? Fox and his coaching staff? Do you really have a rational reason to believe they are the guys who can coach a team to a championship?

Seriously, I see people saying I'm overreacting like we just lost a hard-fought game. That isn't what happened. Our team fundamentally failed on every level, and turned in their worst game on the biggest stage in football. Extreme circumstances require extreme action. If we roll out with the same crap next year nothing is going to change. Regular season dominance followed by our team revealing their true nature in the games that really count. I guess the rest of you are okay with that.

broncosteven
So do you honestly think this coaching staff is Super Bowl worthy? Seriously?

Do you honestly want a team full of players that just didn't show up for the Super Bowl? Seriously?

What I'm taking from this thread:

To each their own.

I seriously think that destroying a team that John has been building for 3 years after ONE game is just your BUTT-HURT talking.

Look at what we lost on D, everyone of those dudes were missed today.

The only dude I am done with is KM and his inability to finish a big game. Time to invest in a real RB that can take some heat off Manning. Ball is fine as a pounder but we need a break away threat who can take over games. Improve the D, get a dependable run game and no reason we cannot win it all next year and compete with Seattle and or San Fran next year.

No reason to tear it all down and have to go through another painful stretch looking for HC and QB when we have a good young nucleus here now. You obviously learned nothing from the mCd era.

Enter The Dragon
02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
I am very dissapointed, but I bleed orange and blue and I will NOT let this destroy me.

Eldorado
02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
http://iambrony.dget.cc/mlp/gif/215825__safe_animated_image-macro_duck_op-is-a-duck_op.gif.gif

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Tell me, what is the reasonable non-emotional reaction? Do you honestly believe in Manning after this game? Fox and his coaching staff? Do you really have a rational reason to believe they are the guys who can coach a team to a championship?

Seriously, I see people saying I'm overreacting like we just lost a hard-fought game. That isn't what happened. Our team fundamentally failed on every level, and turned in their worst game on the biggest stage in football. Extreme circumstances require extreme action. If we roll out with the same crap next year nothing is going to change. Regular season dominance followed by our team revealing their true nature in the games that really count. I guess the rest of you are okay with that.

Everyone has days like this in life, if you haven't your not living.

Plenty of days that from the moment we crawled out of bed until we crawled back in it everything has gone wrong.

It happens deal with it, get over it, get better. Don't cut off your head to spite your tail.

Que
02-02-2014, 09:24 PM
This post wins the
http://www.driversedguru.com/wp-content/gallery/beth-images/parking-brake.jpg
Award

errand
02-02-2014, 09:25 PM
To those who wanna get rid of the entire team and FO, coaching staff and shifty-eyed waterboy, go **** yourselves!

The NFL is like Baskin Robbins...31 other flavors to go cheer for. Feel free to leave and become the new Armchair

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM
The first line is the important part of your rant and I concur. I thought I was mad, you're a mushroom cloud Dude. :)

Yes I am. I have never been so furious as a Bronco fan. The thing is that it is cold, brooding anger at this point. I took a lot of time to process the game, and there just is no conclusion to be made as far as I'm concerned. All the veterans including Manning need to go--their baggage and culture is poison. Fox and all the coaches that think like him need to go--playing not lose and being unable to match the top coaches in the league dooms us. We need to start building a true championship team with a sound foundation predicated on running the football and playing great defense. We need to stop putting our faith in a regular season passing god who simply can't sustain that greatness in the playoffs. The path we are on is hopeless unless your hopes end at getting to the playoffs and looking good until it really counts.

lod01
02-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Bring back Tebow. This stat whore Manning is all about the regular season and whoring it up for his own glory. He is a post season loser.

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Yes I am. I have never been so furious as a Bronco fan. The thing is that it is cold, brooding anger at this point. I took a lot of time to process the game, and there just is no conclusion to be made as far as I'm concerned. All the veterans including Manning need to go--their baggage and culture is poison. Fox and all the coaches that think like him need to go--playing not lose and being unable to match the top coaches in the league dooms us. We need to start building a true championship team with a sound foundation predicated on running the football and playing great defense. We need to stop putting our faith in a regular season passing god who simply can't sustain that greatness in the playoffs. The path we are on is hopeless unless your hopes end at getting to the playoffs and looking good until it really counts.

Dude. You should just quit. Now Manning is "poison"?!?! Seriously?!?!

The things you're posting are getting dumber by the minute.

Manning is probably the best LEADER I've ever seen in the NFL. You can disagree with that......but you think he's POISON??

Would you rather have Jay Cutler and Albert Haynesworth leading our units?

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:31 PM
To those who wanna get rid of the entire team and FO, coaching staff and shifty-eyed waterboy, go **** yourselves!

The NFL is like Baskin Robbins...31 other flavors to go cheer for. Feel free to leave and become the new Armchair

So you would do what? Try to do the same thing next season and blindly hope it will turn out different?

Also I didn't say I want to get rid of everyone. I want to get rid of the players and coaches that fundamentally prevent this team from being great. I also want to move on from the Manning experiment because it just doesn't work in the playoffs. Regular season stats are empty when you lose like they just did in the Super Bowl.

HELLHAMMER
3rd and 10 = draw play...when you're down 29 points. Then punt. Let me know on what alternate universe that's a recipe for winning.

Something needs to change. That's undeniable.

Jekyll15Hyde
Bring back Tebow. This stat whore Manning is all about the regular season and whoring it up for his own glory. He is a post season loser.

GTFO.

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 09:32 PM

Manning is probably the best LEADER I've ever seen in the NFL. You can disagree with that......but you think he's POISON??

Is that Haynesworth in a contract year or after he got paid?

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Also I didn't say I want to get rid of everyone.
No. You just said "tear it all down."

I want to get rid of the players and coaches that fundamentally prevent this team from being great.
And Manning is on the top of that list in your opinion? Manning is THE reason we've been a contender the last 2 years!! Have you been in a coma?

Yeah.....let's get rid of our absolute BEST player and BEST leader! THAT'S the thing to do!!

Jekyll15Hyde

So we can bring back your beloved Tebow? GTFO

errand
amazingly the same clowns in here saying we should blow this team up were whining like little ****s when Shanahan was fired......

Elway was whipped in 3 SB's, by progressively worse scores of 19, 32, and 45 points......but the Broncos kept the best payer on the team (Elway) worked on building a better team around him...and their patience was rewarded several years later.

But I can tell all the positive talk is gonna fall on deaf ears in here....but I'll be around to say I told you clowns so if/when the Broncos do win it all next season.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Everything needs to change. The whole culture of this team, top to bottom. It all needs to change to win the big one. The signs were there in the big games in the regular season, an epic chokejob in NE the obvious one. Now after beating a fraud (sorry SD but not there yet) and a team of crocks coached by a cheat, both at home btw we embarrassed ourselves again on the big stage. We don't even have anything to build around, Manning has maybe a season left and he's a choker anyways. We played blackjack and went bust. New hand.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM

Manning choked massively in the biggest game of his career. If that's the kind of leadership you want there is something wrong with you. Also I was more referring to baggage with him. He forces our offense into a pass-first direction and then his level of play plummets when it matters most. Great offenses that have succeeded in the Super Bowl have usually been much more balanced on offense with a great QB working in tandem with a great running game. Our running game is just a tool Manning uses to make defenses play his passes more honestly, nothing more

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Everything needs to change. The whole culture of this team, top to bottom. It all needs to change to win the big one. The signs were there in the big games in the regular season, an epic chokejob in NE the obvious one. Now after beating a fraud (sorry SD but not there yet) and a team of crocks coached by a cheat, both at home btw we embarrassed ourselves again on the big stage. We don't even have anything to build around, Manning has maybe a season left and he's a choker anyways. We played blackjack and went bust. New hand.

Glad some people get it.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 09:38 PM
I guess as a fan I have a more realistic view than Agamemon. I'll take the last couple seasons over the previous 13 seasons of mediocrity. Believe it or not, you aren't going to win a SB very often. If your standard as a fan is that the year was a waste if you don't win it all, then you'll get little pleasure out of fandom. Of course you want the organization to have that standard, but we aren't the organization. I will take the last two seasons over the prior 13 any day. And we'll have a great shot next year too, your weak kneed p***Y attitude notwithstanding.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:39 PM
amazingly the same clowns in here saying we should blow this team up were whining like little ****s when Shanahan was fired......

Elway was whipped in 3 SB's, by progressively worse scores of 19, 32, and 45 points......but the Broncos kept the best payer on the team (Elway) worked on building a better team around him...and their patience was rewarded several years later.

But I can tell all the positive talk is gonna fall on deaf ears in here....but I'll be around to say I told you clowns so if/when the Broncos do win it all next season.

You'll notice however that they changed coaching staffs before it came together. I'm sorry, but if you can't see how terrible a job our coaching staff did in this game you are functionally retarded.

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Manning choked massively in the biggest game of his career. If that's the kind of leadership you want there is something wrong with you. Also I was more referring to baggage with him. He forces our offense into a pass-first direction and then his level of play plummets when it matters most. Great offenses that have succeeded in the Super Bowl have usually been much more balanced on offense with a great QB working in tandem with a great running game. Our running game is just a tool Manning uses to make defenses play his passes more honestly, nothing more

I love it. You're just like the New England media. When the Pats lose, it's NEVER Brady's fault.....but,

When one of Manning's teams lose.....it's always ALL Manning's fault. All 22 starters, except for DT....played like total horse crap.

But, yeah.....let's again pin it all on Manning.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 09:41 PM
I guess as a fan I have a more realistic view than Agamemon. I'll take the last couple seasons over the previous 13 seasons of mediocrity. Believe it or not, you aren't going to win a SB very often. If your standard as a fan is that the year was a waste if you don't win it all, then you'll get little pleasure out of fandom. Of course you want the organization to have that standard, but we aren't the organization. I will take the last two seasons over the prior 13 any day. And we'll have a great shot next year too, your weak kneed p***Y attitude notwithstanding.

I'm sorry, am i missing something here? Isn't that why we follow a team in the first place?

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:42 PM

Spot on.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:42 PM

No we won't. That's the point. I really do not understand how so many can not see what is staring them right in the face.

Eldorado
02-02-2014, 09:43 PM
No we won't. That's the point. I really do not understand how so many can not see what is staring them right in the face.

What?

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-02-2014, 09:44 PM

A **** tough schedule next year.

Que
02-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Did someone mention the R word?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/194/097/full_retard.jpg

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm sorry, am i missing something here? Isn't that why we follow a team in the first place?

BI is right.

If, according to you, the season is a waste if you don't win the Superbowl......then you shouldn't watch ANY games during the season, wait to have someone tell you if we made it to the playoff and advanced......and ONLY watch the Superbowl if we make it there.

Most people follow a team because the find entertainment/joy watching their team week in and week out.....playing, winning, etc.

If you're only interested in the Broncos if they win a Superbowl......then yeah, the regular season is a waste for you.

Archer81
I'd suggest a cool down period for some posters. Focus on other things. Knit. Basket weave. Find your chi. Then come back and post when you are calmer. It was a bad night. Having a stroke over it helps no one.

Just a game, folks. Take a breath.

:Broncos:

Agamemnon
I love it. You're just like the New England media. When the Pats lose, it's NEVER Brady's fault.....but,

When one of Manning's teams lose.....it's always ALL Manning's fault. All 22 starters, except for DT....played like total horse crap.

But, yeah.....let's again pin it all on Manning.

Manning played like **** in the biggest game of his career, as did the rest of the team. Remember how I said A LOT of people need to go? Pay attention.

errand
02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
So you would do what?

I would identify the area the team is weak, and try to make it stronger.....we all agree we need a better MLB, and better safeties..but we mostly need our defensive playmakers like Miller, and Harris and offensive stalwarts like Clady to get healthy. Injuries aren't an excuse, but I truly believe had those 3 players been on the field today, this game wouldn't have been the blowout we witnessed.

Try to do the same thing next season and blindly hope it will turn out different?

It's a strategy that has produced 26-6 regular season record and a SB appearance....so it's not blind hope.

Also I didn't say I want to get rid of everyone.

No, you just wanted to get rid of the ones who got us this far.....

I want to get rid of the players and coaches that fundamentally prevent this team from being great.

And Manning is one of them? LOL I'm not saying you're stupid, but wouldn't you have to be?

I also want to move on from the Manning experiment because it just doesn't work in the playoffs.

You put up a better fight to continue the Tebow experiment, but want to get rid of Manning? The Broncos were in the SB tonight which tells me it does work in the playoffs.

Regular season stats are empty when you lose like they just did in the Super Bowl.

So is your ****ing head.....

In bold

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM

What? That we waltzed through the AFC this year, made it to the Superbowl for the 1st time in 15 friggin years.....and the NFC had the better team?

"Ahhhhhh!! End of the world!! Fire EVERYONE!!!"

Drunken.Broncoholic2
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM
It's funny how quick people are to bash someone venting in here. How quick people are to call out others for "whining" about trolls.

A lot of paddy cake policing going on. Let the guy vent. Some haven't experienced Super Bowl blow outs like the rest of us.

errand
02-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Manning played like **** in the biggest game of his career, as did the rest of the team. Remember how I said A LOT of people need to go? Pay attention.

You're right....people need to go. I suggest you go. there are 31 other teams out there....hell you can become a Seahawks fan tonight and join in the with the other reveling in their victory tonight.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:48 PM
BI is right.

If, according to you, the season is a waste if you don't win the Superbowl......then you shouldn't watch ANY games during the season, wait to have someone tell you if we made it to the playoff and advanced......and ONLY watch the Superbowl if we make it there.

Most people follow a team because the find entertainment/joy watching their team week in and week out.....playing, winning, etc.

If you're only interested in the Broncos if they win a Superbowl......then yeah, the regular season is a waste for you.

Every season is different and has different expectations. When we had Tebow one playoff win was amazing. On the other hand, when you break the all-time scoring record and not only fail to win the Super Bowl but only manage 8 points? Yeah that's not only a waste, that's failure that will live on for decades. Wake the **** up.

bombay
02-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Wow. A teblower who comes out of the closet when we make it to the Superbowl, but don't win? I'll be darned.

spiralism
BI is right.

Circumstances dictates it imo. I was a lot less annoyed after the pats embarrassed us in Foxboro with Tebow in the playoffs because it was a great year and nobody expected anything. We went all in on the Manning gamble and got made idiots of ultimately. Superbowl or bust became bust, that's why it as a waste.

BroncoInferno

I hope to win it, but realize it isn't likely, and accept the small pleasures a season has to offer along the way. I don't discount my enjoyment of this season because the final outcome wasn't my preference. Like I said, if SB or busy is your attitude, you are going to be miserable most seasons. Sure, I want the front office to have tht all or nothing attitude, but what's the purpose as a fan? You have no control over the outcome of games. You're going to be miserable most seasons if you can't find enjoyment in anything other than winning a SB. It's a unrealistic standard for a fan. I enjoyed the hell out of this season. As disappointed by today as I was, the overall experience can't be taken away from me.

errand
It's funny how quick people are to bash someone venting in here. How quick people are to call out others for "whining" about trolls.

A lot of paddy cake policing going on. Let the guy vent. Some haven't experienced Super Bowl blow outs like the rest of us.

Venting is one thing....stupidly suggesting we re-invent the wheel is just plain stupid.

strafen
Manning needs to retire.

Elway needs to look at himself in the mirror and really think about what he is trying to do, and then he needs to start rebuilding a true championship team.

This team is a fraud to the core. They lack heart. And it all needs to be torn down.

I'd rather go 1-15 than suffer another Super Bowl loss like this. I'd rather be the ****ing Browns. This is not me being overly emotional after a huge loss. This is just the truth. It's better to be hopeless than to get your hopes up and have them utterly obliterated by a team failing to even show up for the biggest game they may ever play.

Manning is done. Fox and the rest of the coaching staff didn't prepare our players in the slightest, and our players simply didn't show up. Let's be clear, this Seahawk team is not that good. Not even close. This isn't like the '89 49ers. There is no excuse to be blown out by that team. None.

This is the worst loss in Bronco history. Period. And if we roll with the same key people in key positions next year that means we are okay with what just happened. That means this organization is okay with being the whipping boy of the ****ing Seahawks of all teams. And that means nothing will get better, nothing will change.

Tear it all down!Shoot, man! Should've told me all of that before the game, I would've known what to expect!

Agamemnon
You're right....people need to go. I suggest you go. there are 31 other teams out there....hell you can become a Seahawks fan tonight and join in the with the other reveling in their victory tonight.

Get over yourself **** stain. Actually why not grow a pair and get angry like a real fan instead of making excuses and questioning the fanhood of others?

Mile High Mojoe

I don't go as far as you do in your criticism. This was my first comment after the clock ran out.

"I know this will be controversial and many Broncos Fans will go after me but Manning should retire. The Broncos could use his 20 million dollar salary he's due next year to rebuild the Defense. Let Brock have his shot and move on. I'm done supporting Manning. Maybe this is me knee jerking but that's my gut feeling after this one. He isn't going to win a Championship for the Broncos."

55CrushEm
02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Wake the **** up.

Ok. Maybe when I wake up, I'll come to the same revelation as you that we need to get rid of Manning.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Shoot, man! Should've told me all of that before the game, I would've known what to expect!

If only I had known. But that's how **** goes sometime. If your wife tries to kill you in your sleep you get a divorce, no matter how good the sex was. You don't stay married to her and keep, sharing her bed, hoping it won't happen again.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 09:52 PM

We've got multiple starters returning from injury, plus free agency and the draft to make improvements. Forgive me if I don't take you're weak kneed p***Y attitude as gospel.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:55 PM
I don't go as far as you do in your criticism. This was my first comment after the clock ran out.

"I know this will be controversial and many Broncos Fans will go after me but Manning should retire. The Broncos could use his 20 million dollar salary he's due next year to rebuild the Defense. Let Brock have his shot and move on. I'm done supporting Manning. Maybe this is me knee jerking but that's my gut feeling after this one. He isn't going to win a Championship for the Broncos."

That is the less angry way of putting it. Though really I have more issues with the coaching staff than Manning. My issue with Manning is mostly that he precludes a change in coaching or a change in overall team philosophy. Fox being the next Dan Reeves is my real issue. I have never seen a team less prepared for a Super Bowl other than those teams coached by Reeves.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
We've got multiple starters returning from injury, plus free agency and the draft to make improvements. Forgive me of I don't take you're weak kneed p***Y attitude as gospel.

You think what happened tonight is about injured players or holes in the roster? Dude, they didn't show up for the game. That was the problem. Stop acting like this was a standard Super Bowl loss FFS.

Que
02-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Fox being the next Dan Reeves is my real issue. I have never seen a team less prepared for a Super Bowl other than those teams coached by Reeves.

This I can agree with. This team was woefully unprepared to play the game today.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-02-2014, 09:59 PM

Regardless of the timing of your comment, its about at idiotic as your normal level. So kudos on the consistency

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:00 PM
That is the less angry way of putting it. Though really I have more issues with the coaching staff than Manning. My issue with Manning is mostly that he precludes a change in coaching or a change in overall team philosophy. Fox being the next Dan Reeves is my real issue. I have never seen a team less prepared for a Super Bowl other than those teams coached by Reeves.

Is it Fox's fault that Ramirez snapped the ball too soon and Manning overthrew Julius, Demaryius fumbled, etc. Stop being simplistic and looking for a scapegoat. We lost. Blowing up the team won't get us any closer. Getting back Ryan Clady (who was massively missed today) and 5 defensive starters, plus draft and FA improvements will give a shot another run.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:01 PM
You'll notice however that they changed coaching staffs before it came together. I'm sorry, but if you can't see how terrible a job our coaching staff did in this game you are functionally retarded.

Lets go get mCd again and have him run Manning off! Nothing like being kFc bad, at least we got 2 big but soft WR's and Von Miller out of the deal!

Meanwhile it takes another 4 years to win a SB, after multiple QB's and HC's later, who knows how long that would be.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
02-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Hard to know whether to agree or disagree with the OP.

Obviously, we had the talent to make it to the SB, but almost every player on the field looked like a deer in the headlights from start to finish today.

I guess talent can only get you so far.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:04 PM
You think what happened tonight is about injured players or holes in the roster? Dude, they didn't show up for the game. That was the problem. Stop acting like this was a standard Super Bowl loss FFS.

I feel your frustration, but yeah I do think the nature of the loss was a fluke. Nine times out of 10 it's a close game either way. Unfortunately, today was that one time out of 10.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 10:04 PM
Hard to know whether to agree or disagree with the OP.

Obviously, we had the talent to make it to the SB, but almost every player on the field looked like a deer in the headlights from start to finish today.

I guess talent can only get you so far.

There is no problem in sport more difficult to fix than the choking team. All the pieces are in the machine and it just fails. Much easier to turn around a losing team quickly, a choking team is arguably worse than a losing one. Ask yourselves, are we happier with this season than any other fans in our division?

Mile High Mojoe
02-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Regardless of the timing of your comment, its about at idiotic as your normal level. So kudos on the consistency

Attack me if you don't like what I say or agree with my opinion, you won't get me to sink to your normal level of hate. I'm upset about the loss but not enough to engage with trolls.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 10:05 PM
I feel your frustration, but yeah I do think the nature of the loss was a fluke. Nine times out of 10 it's a close game either way. Unfortunately, today was that one time out of 10.

A fluke that goes into the history books forever unfortunately.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:07 PM
How about we keep our staff intact but use the Seahawk model. We let our D juice up, at least the guys who are undersized that have no prior busts, let them bulk up until caught then allow them to get a hand slap but by then they are beasts and feign ignorance just like Carrol did with his crew.

Instant SB!

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:08 PM

Cause you sound like a raving lunatic that will now spend the next few months trying to defend these posts

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:08 PM

It's not a fluke unfortunately. Fox coaching a Super Bowl is like a boxer fighting above his weight class. Seriously, Fox is a mediocre NFL head coach. I've tried to give him a chance but he always shows his true colors when it matters most.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:10 PM
A fluke that goes into the history books forever unfortunately.

True. But it's a fluke nonetheless, and I feel optimistic about next season. No need to blow anything up. In fact, that would be retarded. Manning needs to retire? LOL okay. Yeah let's just role with Brock or some free agent or bottom of the first round draft pick and see how it goes. Please.

bpc
02-02-2014, 10:11 PM
I have major questions about this coaching staff. Primarily its just Fox. I think he was the perfect coach getting us back to respectability from McDaniels. I don't think he brings anything to the table to put us in a position to win championships though. There is no x factor there. I think that was the major difference between the teams this week.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:12 PM
It's not a fluke unfortunately. Fox coaching a Super Bowl is like a boxer fighting above his weight class. Seriously, Fox is a mediocre NFL head coach. I've tried to give him a chance but he always shows his true colors when it matters most.

Fox lost his first SB in a classic by 3. So, yeah, losing in a blow out was a fluke. So, yes, it was a fluke. You aren't being a realist; just a p***Y.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:12 PM
True. But it's a fluke nonetheless, and I feel optimistic about next season. No need to blow anything up. In fact, that would be retarded. Manning needs to retire? LOL okay. Yeah let's just role with Brock or some free agent or bottom of the first round draft pick and see how it goes. Please.

Next year. Ugh. Tonight I just don't even give a **** if the nfl folded. Next week I'll care, but right now I wish the whole thing would disintegrate

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Cause you sound like a raving lunatic that will now spend the next few months trying to defend these posts

I won't be defending anything. I'm firmly on the fire Fox bus and I'm not getting off. I also want Manning to retire, but if we make some major changes so that he is only one part of the offense rather than all of it I might change my mind. That said, I am done with the Manning show. If that remains our offense I fully expect us to get crapped on in the playoffs yet again.

I think I'm more annoyed that I shifted away from my original skepticism and bought in late in the year. They turned out to be who I thought they were earlier on (a fraud). I won't be making that mistake again.

Denver724
This is a pretty good team (on paper and in season performance) we put on the field and got our asses handed to us. I do think we may have to look at the entire organization and wonder if it can get any better. If not, it may be time to go in another direction. This Seahawk team is really special and I think they can dominate for a long time.

spiralism

Blow it up, we're not gonna win a super bowl so what the ****'s the point in a Manning vanity project? Think of the franchise, the colts understood a little pain for a lot of gain and they're closer to another championship now than post 2009 season imo

Denver724
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM
And I read today that we are working on an extension for Fox? I would love to let him coach out his contract and hire a David Shaw type of guy.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Blow it up, we're not gonna win a super bowl so what the ****'s the point in a Manning vanity project? Think of the franchise, the colts understood a little pain for a lot of gain and they're closer to another championship now than post 2009 season imo

These guys are ****ing delusional as far as I can tell. That or they are just happy having good regular seasons with lots of points against mediocre and bad teams.

NFLBRONCO
02-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I have major questions about this coaching staff. Primarily its just Fox. I think he was the perfect coach getting us back to respectability from McDaniels. I don't think he brings anything to the table to put us in a position to win championships though. There is no x factor there. I think that was the major difference between the teams this week.

NFL's version of George Karl

Agamemnon
And I read today that we are working on an extension for Fox? I would love to let him coach out his contract and hire a David Shaw type of guy.

I think I will puke if we give Fox an extension after this.

broncosteven

After that cluster F I needed a good laugh! Thanks Le-lo!

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:17 PM
I won't be defending anything. I'm firmly on the fire Fox bus and I'm not getting off. I also want Manning to retire, but if we make some major changes so that he is only one part of the offense rather than all of it I might change my mind. That said, I am done with the Manning show. If that remains our offense I fully expect us to get crapped on in the playoffs yet again.

I think I'm more annoyed that I shifted away from my original skepticism and bought in late in the year. They turned out to be who I thought they were earlier on (a fraud). I won't be making that mistake again.

Honestly, what is your proposal if Manning retires? Are you confident in Brock? Is their a QB likely available when we pick who you love? A free agent QB available you like?

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Fox lost his first SB in a classic by 3. So, yeah, losing in a blow out was a fluke. So, yes, it was a fluke. You aren't being a realist; just a p***Y.

Are you sure that it wasn't the 3 point loss that was the fluke?

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM

The Colts got lucky and got the first pick the year Andrew Luck was available. Otherwise they would have stuck with Manning. Who do you propose we replace Manning with? We don't have an obvious choice like Luck sitting there, unless you are sold on Brock.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Honestly, what is your proposal if Manning retires? Are you confident in Brock? Is their a QB likely available when we pick who you love? A free agent QB available you like?

The blanked truth is that I have zero faith in Osweiler, but I am willing to suffer through a catastrophic season to get a high pick so we can hopefully get a long-term solution at QB. Honestly though if Manning retired I'd hope they would go after a guy like Jimmy Garropolo late in the 1st.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:23 PM
It seems that this team blew their wad beating NE.

It was like they felt coming out of the tunnel they needed to play the perfect game to beat the SeaThugs which is the last thing you need to be feeling at this point. The D has been patched up with smoke and mirrors for the last couple weeks and anyone who understands football knows that you cannot lose premier starters like Von and Harris and win without playing a perfect game.

The safety was the 1st domino and the rest fell right after. Feeling that everything had to be perfect then having an instant set back was too much for this team to over come on this day.

Running around yelling the sky is falling, blow "this beotch up" or "Fire Fox and Manning" is a fool.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Running around yelling the sky is falling, blow "this beotch up" or "Fire Fox and Manning" is a fool.

The sky isn't falling. It already fell. Pay attention.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Are you sure that it wasn't the 3 point loss that was the fluke?

Yeah I am. Belichick was a loser in Cleveland and his first year with NE. Then he lucked into Brady, now he's a genius. The genius coaching tree is not heavily populated. Put it this way, if we fire Fox it's more likely we end up with the next Mularkey than the next Lombardi.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:29 PM
The blanked truth is that I have zero faith in Osweiler, but I am willing to suffer through a catastrophic season to get a high pick so we can hopefully get a long-term solution at QB. Honestly though if Manning retired I'd hope they would go after a guy like Jimmy Garropolo late in the 1st.

Jets fans are still waiting to find Joe Namath's replacement. Jets are a perfect example, they have drafted 2 QB's high in what, the last 4 years? There is nothing about Geno that shows he can win enough games to get to the playoffs let a lone win a SB. Indy drafts Luck and 2 years later are still waiting to get to an AFC Championship game let a lone a SB. So if we cut Manning at best we are looking at a possible 3 years just to get back or we could be the Jets and not get back for 40 years.

Your just a spoiled Bronco fan that wants every play to be perfect in game threads and expects to win every game.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 10:32 PM
The Colts got lucky and got the first pick the year Andrew Luck was available. Otherwise they would have stuck with Manning. Who do you propose we replace Manning with? We don't have an obvious choice like Luck sitting there, unless you are sold on Brock.

Send Brock in. If he's good it'll show. If not we bomb and pick high in the draft for a franchise QB.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:32 PM

So you'd rather suffer through 3-13 in the unrealistic hope of the next Luck than stick with Manning and know you at least have a shot at the conference if not the title? Okay. Guess I have more grounded expectations. I remember the 13 years prior o Manning and the mediocre hopelessness.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:33 PM
The sky isn't falling. It already fell. Pay attention.

You know I am a born pessimist but I look at this game as a progression rather regression.

I knew mCd would fail miserably but I am pretty sure you were one who tired to run me off.

We get Fox who stablizes the team, takes a year to evaluate it, WHILE WINNING GAMES mind you. Then we return to the divisional round, then next year get to the SB and you want to blow that up over one bad game down that many starters due to injury?

I am guessing that if your car doesn't start you get out and set fire to it and buy a new car rather than try getting a jump or taking it in to have a part replaced or upgraded...am I right?

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Jets fans are still waiting to find Joe Namath's replacement. Jets are a perfect example, they have drafted 2 QB's high in what, the last 4 years? There is nothing about Geno that shows he can win enough games to get to the playoffs let a lone win a SB. Indy drafts Luck and 2 years later are still waiting to get to an AFC Championship game let a lone a SB. So if we cut Manning at best we are looking at a possible 3 years just to get back or we could be the Jets and not get back for 40 years.

Your just a spoiled Bronco fan that wants every play to be perfect in game threads and expects to win every game.

And your answer is what? Keep doing the same thing that clearly is not working and did not work in Indianapolis except for the one year Manning's team actually carried him? Words fail me.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:34 PM

We won two ****ing huge games with this crappy offense.

You're insane. Fine, lets start the brock show or whoever. Enjoy years of **** football.

Agamemnon
You know I am a born pessimist but I look at this game as a progression rather regression.

Lolwut? Hilarious!

BroncoInferno
Send Brock in. If he's good it'll show. If not we bomb and pick high in the draft for a franchise QB.

Who will probably be a bust. Look at 1st round QB history. There is a more realistic shot rolling with Manning.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:35 PM

Your Rex Ryan aren't you?

How is that working for 98% of the NFL?

How about this, lets cut Manning then draft a small QB in the 3rd round, that works everytime right?

SVine
02-02-2014, 10:37 PM
3rd and 10 = draw play...when you're down 29 points. Then punt. Let me know on what alternate universe that's a recipe for winning.

Something needs to change. That's undeniable.

Then do ANOTHER draw play the on 1st down the next time they get the ball.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:37 PM
And your answer is what? Keep doing the same thing that clearly is not working and did not work in Indianapolis except for the one year Manning's team actually carried him? Words fail me.

If you go to the Super Bowl, then what you are doing is working by any objective, reasonable standard.

Pick Six
02-02-2014, 10:38 PM
This thread demonstrates what kind of thread would have showed up in the 49ers Super Bowl or the Redskins Super Bowl...LOL They came in with a plan to be aggressive, on defense. We were shell-shocked, from the beginning...

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 10:39 PM

If Denver's lucky enough to land a true franchise QB in the draft. Andrew Luck type QB's don't exactly grow on trees

bombay
02-02-2014, 10:39 PM
NFL's version of George Karl

No he isn't. Karl was creative offensively, and the sum of his parts was better than his individual players were.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:40 PM
We won two ****ing huge games with this crappy offense.

You're insane. Fine, lets start the brock show or whoever. Enjoy years of **** football.

I guess you just don't get it. This year was **** football. Scoring the most points in NFL history and only managing 8 points in the Super Bowl = **** football in my eyes.

Teams that get your hopes up then just take the Super Bowl off, a Bronco tradition.

SonOfLe-loLang
This thread demonstrates what kind of thread would have showed up in the 49ers Super Bowl or the Redskins Super Bowl...LOL They came in with a plan to be aggressive, on defense. We were shell-shocked, from the beginning...

Well at least we know the answer to that question now :)

Agamemnon
No he isn't. Karl was creative offensivley, and the sum of his parts was better than his individual players were.

Indeed. Karl > Fox

spiralism
02-02-2014, 10:41 PM
Who will probably be a bust. Look at 1st round QB history. There is a more realistic shot rolling with Manning.

You think we can win a super bowl next year? NO chance. Who wins a lombardi directly after this? Start the process a year early and don't be fooling the people who spend money on the team, as opposed to those making money off it.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:41 PM
I guess you just don't get it. This year was **** football. Scoring the most points in NFL history and only managing 8 points in the Super Bowl = **** football in my eyes.

Teams that get your hopes up then just take the Super Bowl off, a Bronco tradition.

You'd have a point if we lost this way 19 out of 20 times. You'd have a point if the broncos were 5-11 the last two years. Why you'd want to get rid of our best player to ensure mediocrity for a number of years is just odd. Chances are we don't win a super bowl, winning super bowls is hard. But you wanna basically guarantee that we wont? Start Osweiler next year.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 10:42 PM
If Denver's lucky enough to land a true franchise QB in the draft. Andrew Luck type QB's don't exactly grow on trees

Trading our entire draft and a couple of players on top for Bridgewater wouldn't be a bad start. Franchise Decker or Moreno and throw him on top of the picks.

cutthemdown
This is what an epic beatdown does to the Mane huh? ****ing weak. The reality is the team has no good safety's, all the backers are weakside players or journeyman, the only star backer got busted, missed most of the year, then got injured.

The oline was patched together because 2 starters went down.

True it sucks to lose like that but there is no such thing as tear it down in the NFL. Elway would be a laughing stock if he blew the team up.

The proper move is to get the team healthy, sign some pass rushers, draft some corners, tweak the interior oline, look for a good safety.

Give up? it's football you don't give up just because you lost. What kind of fans are you? Sure i will say i think the team sucks, I will say this player stinks, i will say lot's of things. I won't though say stupid things like tell Manning to retire, fire the coach, let all the FA go lol.

Agamemnon

We just got beat in the Super Bowl by a second year guy who was picked in the 3rd round, and who we passed on multiple times. Franchise QBs are not impossible to find. You just need good scouting and a GM who gets it.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:43 PM
You think we can win a super bowl next year? NO chance. Who wins a lombardi directly after this? Start the process a year early and don't be fooling the people who spend money on the team, as opposed to those making money off it.

This is just INSANE thinking. You MIGHT have a shred of a point of success was somehow guaranteed 5 years down the line, but chances are your "rebuild" will just lead to nothing.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:44 PM

My point is it is working. We are progressing which means each year we are getting better than the past year. Now if they **** the bed in 2014 then it is time for Manning to hang it up and maybe look for new HC.

All this team has done is go 26-6 with Manning and 2-2 in the playoffs. Fox went 8-8 and 1-1 with Tebow. Good luck trying to do that with a new HC and QB.

BTW because I know you have forgotton already:
The 2010 Colts had the worst run game in the NFL that year. He was throwing to Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie. 2 good receivers. Their stud rush DE was at the end of his career and was fighting an ankle injury vs the Saints. It took a gutsy onside kick to start the 2nd half for the Saints to steal a possession and go up 13-10. Manning was down 7 and driving before Wayne ran a terrible route allowing Porter to jump it and take it to the house.

Log off, then wipe away your bitter tears, get a good night or 2 of sleep then in the day light reconsider your thoughts then log back in and let me know if your ready to roll the dice on ever getting back to the SB in your lifetime via "Blowing everything up!"

Agamemnon
This is what an epic beatdown does to the Mane huh? ****ing weak. The reality is the team has no good safety's, all the backers are weakside players or journeyman, the only star backer got busted, missed most of the year, then got injured.

The oline was patched together because 2 starters went down.

True it sucks to lose like that but there is no such thing as tear it down in the NFL. Elway would be a laughing stock if he blew the team up.

The proper move is to get the team healthy, sign some pass rushers, draft some corners, tweak the interior oline, look for a good safety.

Give up? it's football you don't give up just because you lost. What kind of fans are you? Sure i will say i think the team sucks, I will say this player stinks, i will say lot's of things. I won't though say stupid things like tell Manning to retire, fire the coach, let all the FA go lol.

They. Did. Not. Show. Up.

Stop talking about safeties. Jesus.

spiralism
We just got beat in the Super Bowl by a second year guy who was picked in the 3rd round, and who we passed on multiple times. Franchise QBs are not impossible to find. You just need good scouting and a GM who gets it.

Not convinced we have this. Who has Elway drafted? He took a gamble in free agency with Manning and lost. Our other skill players on the team were drafted by McDaniels or Bailey.

SonOfLe-loLang

LOL...yes, they grow on trees. So many teams have one. Plus, Russell Wilson without that defense is no where near this game. And simply saying "OK, go build that D" doesnt quite work either.

cutthemdown
02-02-2014, 10:45 PM
It is a bronco tradition to lose big when we lose though lol.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 10:45 PM
This is just INSANE thinking. You MIGHT have a shred of a point of success was somehow guaranteed 5 years down the line, but chances are your "rebuild" will just lead to nothing.

**** it, give it a go. What is this achieving exactly?

Fact is we're gonna be on this process in a year anyways so what's the point in keeping it up? We're gonna be taking that gamble anyways, Manning is not exactly 28

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Not convinced we have this. Who has Elway drafted? He took a gamble in free agency with Manning and lost. Our other skill players on the team were drafted by McDaniels or Bailey.

Id still say the "gamble" worked. What are we without peyton? We have another awful year of tebow or brandon weeden and probably another mediocre year this year.

Thank god none of you run the broncos.

cutthemdown

No if Seattle knew he was that good they would have drafted him earlier and not signed Flyn. Sometimes you get lucky because you can't measure heart and instincts.

SVine
Is it Fox's fault that Ramirez snapped the ball too soon and Manning overthrew Julius, Demaryius fumbled, etc. Stop being simplistic and looking for a scapegoat. We lost. Blowing up the team won't get us any closer. Getting back Ryan Clady (who was massively missed today) and 5 defensive starters, plus draft and FA improvements will give a shot another run.

It is not Fox's fault on any specific play, but collectively, when you get embarrassed like that in the game's biggest stage, everyone's jobs need to be evaluated, including every player and every coach. Sometimes, a change at the top is necessary.

BroncoInferno
You think we can win a super bowl next year? NO chance.

We have half the D and an all pro LT returning from injury, plus FA and the draft to make improvements. It's more absurd to say we have no shot. It's retarded, really.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:47 PM
**** it, give it a go. What is this achieving exactly?

I dunno, we did play in the super bowl tonight? It was an awful game. But it happened ONCE. If you can guarantee this happens 20 out of 20 times maybe you have a point. But thats not the case.

Seriously, take a breath, wait a week and i doubt you'll be on the "start osweiler so we can be 5-11" train.

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Retarded thread. Another one that belongs in the Butt.

SleepingTiger
02-02-2014, 10:48 PM

wow you are a fool. your stupidity is beyond words right now.

damn chiefs, raiders, chargers fans are having a blast right now reading your post. because of your idiocy, they are saying that the mane is having a melt down. its not the mane that is having a melt down, it you and only you. you're a damn moron. go to sleep, wake up the next morning re-read all you lame post and tell everyone on this board how stupid you feel.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:49 PM

OMG!

LOL

Yep that happens to everyone! Every 2 years every team drafts a new QB and they go to the SB and win it, just ask Detroit, SD, Jets, Bills, You would have loved Jim Kelly I bet, You would have fired him after the 1st SB loss I bet. Hey Bill Polian go **** a duck, Marv Levy suck it, I am going to hire Wade Phillps and win the SB with Rob Johnson!

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:49 PM
My point is it is working. We are progressing which means each year we are getting better than the past year. Now if they **** the bed in 2014 then it is time for Manning to hang it up and maybe look for new HC.

All this team has done is go 26-6 with Manning and 2-2 in the playoffs. Fox went 8-8 and 1-1 with Tebow. Good luck trying to do that with a new HC and QB.

BTW because I know you have forgotton already:
The 2010 Colts had the worst run game in the NFL that year. He was throwing to Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie. 2 good receivers. Their stud rush DE was at the end of his career and was fighting an ankle injury vs the Saints. It took a gutsy onside kick to start the 2nd half for the Saints to steal a possession and go up 13-10. Manning was down 7 and driving before Wayne ran a terrible route allowing Porter to jump it and take it to the house.

Log off, then wipe away your bitter tears, get a good night or 2 of sleep then in the day light reconsider your thoughts then log back in and let me know if your ready to roll the dice on ever getting back to the SB in your lifetime via "Blowing everything up!"

My attitude on the matter is not going to change due to a little sleep. This team is flawed at its core. And thinking that this Super Bowl travesty is progress? I just don't know what to say to that. Virtually any team in the league could've manged better tonight if they had just been dropped into the Super Bowl. I know this because this was the biggest blowout win Seattle had all year. Even Jacksonville and Tampa Bay kept it closer. This was also the most points they scored all year. But you keep thinking we are making progress if it makes you feel better.

spiralism
02-02-2014, 10:50 PM
We have half the D and an all pro LT returning from injury, plus FA and the draft to make improvements. It's more absurd to say we have no shot. It's retarded, really.

You think we can win a superbowl after tonight with this team? Really? What team comes back after a humiliation like this in the Super Bowl and goes on to win it the next year (the only year that supposedly matters as Manning is 100% finished afterwards)? It doesn't happen. Sorry.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Trading our entire draft and a couple of players on top for Bridgewater wouldn't be a bad start. Franchise Decker or Moreno and throw him on top of the picks.

Bridgewater sucks. And over Manning? Lol okay. Genius.

SonOfLe-loLang
My attitude on the matter is not going to change due to a little sleep. This team is flawed at its core. And thinking that this Super Bowl travesty is progress? I just don't know what to say to that. Virtually any team in the league could've manged better tonight if they had just been dropped into the Super Bowl. I know this because this was the biggest blowout win Seattle had all year. Even Jacksonville and Tampa Bay kept it closer. This was also the most points they scored all year. But you keep thinking we are making progress if it makes you feel better.

Which is why tonight's blowout was a bit more fluky than you're considering.

SVine

It will take going through at least one entire season to find out if Brock is the type of qb we all hope him to be, and better to start that process sooner, rather than later.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:52 PM

WTF?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:53 PM
It will take going through at least one entire season to find out if Brock is the type of qb we all hope him to be, and better to start that process sooner, rather than later.

Wow. I can't even begin to understand this thinking.

Coldcity76
02-02-2014, 10:53 PM
This performance by the Broncos is unacceptable and I expect some big changes coming.

I really think Fox should see his walking papers. He couldn't even field a competitive team for the super bowl. The team collectively performed the worst Broncos game in history when it matters.

Time to search for the next hot college coach...

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 10:54 PM

You are looking at a paper tiger in your head.

On paper or in your skewed minds eye we dominate just like we should have but things happened outside anyone's control, it was a big stage, the team knew they had to play perfect game. things fell apart and snowballed.

At this point I am talking to my wall good night and sweet dreams OM Princess.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 10:55 PM
You think we can win a superbowl after tonight with this team? Really? What team comes back after a humiliation like this in the Super Bowl and goes on to win it the next year (the only year that supposedly matters as Manning is 100% finished afterwards)? It doesn't happen. Sorry.

Again, we have half the D returning from injury, an all pro LT returning, and FA and the draft to make improvements. We have an excellent shot. Better than your retarded plan of trading he entire draft for Bridgewater LOL

cutthemdown
LOL you don't have to start a QB for a whole yr to see if he is any good. They will see it in practice, in preseason. IMO we can already say Brock isn't that good. Guys like Wilson looked good from first time in game in the NFL preseason.

No you stick with Manning because he can get us back to the Superbowl. Look for more help on defense and get meaner. I said early in the season we don't have a nasty player on defense. We need an enforcer, we need some nasty player.

Also we need to get more physical inside the interior oline. IMO Beadles and Rameriz could both be upgraded.

Agamemnon
OMG!

LOL

Yep that happens to everyone! Every 2 years every team drafts a new QB and they go to the SB and win it, just ask Detroit, SD, Jets, Bills, You would have loved Jim Kelly I bet, You would have fired him after the 1st SB loss I bet. Hey Bill Polian go **** a duck, Marv Levy suck it, I am going to hire Wade Phillps and win the SB with Rob Johnson!

We are going to have to replace Manning soon either way. We even spent two draft picks the past two years with that in mind. Honestly is this the best you guys have? I actually think your arguments reveal that you know that the Manning show is not going to work. You're just scared, and want to hold onto the nice regular season records and stats. I'd rather do everything possible to build a real Super Bowl team that isn't just about one guy.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Again, we have half the D returning from injury, an all pro LT returning, and FA and the draft to make improvements. We have an excellent shot. Better than your retarded plan of trading he entire draft for Bridgewater LOL

Even if we were 5-11, trading the draft for bridgewater would be an epically horrible idea.

Agamemnon
LOL you don't have to start a QB for a whole yr to see if he is any good. They will see it in practice, in preseason. IMO we can already say Brock isn't that good. Guys like Wilson looked good from first time in game in the NFL preseason.

No you stick with Manning because he can get us back to the Superbowl. Look for more help on defense and get meaner. I said early in the season we don't have a nasty player on defense. We need an enforcer, we need some nasty player.

Also we need to get more physical inside the interior oline. IMO Beadles and Rameriz could both be upgraded.

Even if we do all that, what good does it do when you have a mediocre head coach?

SonOfLe-loLang

Agree.

1) of course you stick with peyton

2) Brock has looked horrible. Then again, so did aaron rodgers at that point in his career, not that Brock is Aaron, but ya know. I suppose anything is possible?

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:59 PM

You just don't get it. We didn't get completely humiliated tonight because of injuries or roster holes. It happened because we have a mentally soft team and a mediocre head coach.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 11:01 PM
You just don't get it. We didn't get completely humiliated tonight because of injuries or roster holes. It happened because we have a mentally soft team and a mediocre head coach.

No, I just don't break complex things down to retardedly simplistic platitudes like you. "Mentally soft"! "Mediocre head coach"! LOL okay. That's all there is to it.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 11:04 PM
No, I just don't break complex things down to retardedly simplistic platitudes like you. "Mentally soft"! "Mediocre head coach"! LOL okay. That's all there is to it.

This is pretty much my issue with humanity. We always break complex things into simplistic platitudes/narratives.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 11:08 PM
This is pretty much my issue with humanity. We always break complex things into simplistic platitudes/narratives.

Sometimes things are simple in life. Please explain to me what about this situation is complex or nuanced. Seriously, I'm curious. Because to me this one is very simple.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Sometimes things are simple in life. Please explain to me what about this situation is complex or nuanced. Seriously, I'm curious. Because to me this one is very simple.

Because if you play this game 10 times, it probbaly has 10 pretty different results. Thats just how football works. The way you talk about this team, you'd think its the raiders.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 11:14 PM

Well, lets start with Fox. What specifically did Fox do to cause the loss? "Not havin the team prepared" isn't specific, FYI. What drills did he fail to run in practice that caused the loss? What defensive formations did he fail to call tht would have turned the tide? In what way did he contribute to Ramirez snapping the ball over Manning, or the other turnovers? If you can't answer any of the questions with specificity, then you are being simplistic and don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Because if you play this game 10 times, it probbaly has 10 pretty different results. Thats just how football works. The way you talk about this team, you'd think its the raiders.

When our team doesn't even show up I'm willing to bet we lose all 10. Maybe some of them aren't 35 point blowouts, big whoop.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 11:23 PM
Well, lets start with Fox. What specifically did Fox do to cause the loss? "Not havin the team prepared" isn't specific, FYI. What drills did he fail to run in practice that caused the loss? What defensive formations did he fail to call tht would have turned the tide? In what way did he contribute to Ramirez snapping the ball over Manning, or the other turnovers? If you can't answer any of the questions with specificity, then you are being simplistic and don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Specificity is impossible without actually being on the team. But you can't possibly think this team was well-prepared for this game, and that is a head coach's number one responsibility.

BroncoInferno
02-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Specificity is impossible without actually being on the team. But you can't possibly think this team was well-prepared for this game, and that is a head coach's number one responsibility.

Haven't you ever gone to work and just had a ****ty day, preparedness be damned? Seriously, what's there to prepare with a bad snap or fumble? It's not like the player doesn't know not to do that. So, no, with my incomplete knowledge I don't necessarily blame the coaching.

Tombstone RJ
02-02-2014, 11:41 PM
There's no way you "blow up" this team. Manning will be back for at least one more year. The Broncos need a few things:

1. A better defense
2. A better running game

I still think there's a lot of room for improvement on the defense. I also think that the Broncos need to do to Manning what Shanny did for Elway--get an unstoppable running game that can move the friggen chains when the passing game breaks down.

R8R H8R
02-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Don't blow up. Just add more physical players. Not that hard.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 11:50 PM
There's no way you "blow up" this team. Manning will be back for at least one more year. The Broncos need a few things:

1. A better defense
2. A better running game

I still think there's a lot of room for improvement on the defense. I also think that the Broncos need to do to Manning what Shanny did for Elway--get an unstoppable running game that can move the friggen chains when the passing game breaks down.

Will Manning play that style of football? From what he said about the New England game where we ran so much I doubt it. If he were willing to be a part of a complete, balanced offense rather than it being the Manning show I could see it. But Manning isn't Elway. He's been passing 40+ times a game forever. Also our o-line is built more for pass blocking than run blocking at the moment.

Honestly I think the defense did enough tonight to possibly have won had the Broncos sustained drives and not constantly turned the ball over or had drives that went nowhere.

SVine
02-02-2014, 11:54 PM

Come on now. How can it be realistically expected that the draft will help Denver, moreso than other teams, when Denver has the 2nd worst draft position overall?

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Haven't you ever gone to work and just had a ****ty day, preparedness be damned? Seriously, what's there to prepare with a bad snap or fumble? It's not like the player doesn't know not to do that. So, no, with my incomplete knowledge I don't necessarily blame the coaching.

First of all, the coaching staff has had two years to fix our fumbling issues. They haven't. At all. Second of all when you see defensive ends failing to contain a mobile QB over and over and the entire defense seems surprised by a Percy Harvin reverse you know the preparation was lacking. Also we did not run up tempo against their defense at all in the first half even though that was one of our best matchups against them. But if you want to believe our coaching staff didn't totally just get schooled that's your business.

Tombstone RJ
02-03-2014, 12:00 AM
Will Manning play that style of football? From what he said about the New England game where we ran so much I doubt it. If he were willing to be a part of a complete, balanced offense rather than it being the Manning show I could see it. But Manning isn't Elway. He's been passing 40+ times a game forever. Also our o-line is built more for pass blocking than run blocking at the moment.

Honestly I think the defense did enough tonight to possibly have won had the Broncos sustained drives and not constantly turned the ball over or had drives that went nowhere.

The defense could not stop Seattle on third down, period. Now, the offense and the special teams both played horribly and left the defense in some bad situations. But when Seattle had third and long, and converted consistently, yah, that's bad defense. Seattle's defense made the Broncos punt while Denver's defense could not stop Seattle on third down.

It's not like Seattle's offense was some kind of super scoring machine.

Broncos4Life
02-03-2014, 12:02 AM
First of all, the coaching staff has had two years to fix our fumbling issues. They haven't. At all. Second of all when you see defensive ends failing to contain a mobile QB over and over and the entire defense seems surprised by a Percy Harvin reverse you know the preparation was lacking. Also we did not run up tempo against their defense at all in the first half even though that was one of our best matchups against them. But if you want to believe our coaching staff didn't totally just get schooled that's your business.

Tear it all down... dude? Yeah ok. So we lost a SB. How many teams can actually make it to a SB in their lifetime? Chill the **** out and breath. Seriously. Find something else to do. The Broncos got ****ed up and it sucks. But you are blowing this way out of proportion.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Tear it all down... dude? Yeah ok. So we lost a SB. How many teams can actually make it to a SB in their lifetime? Chill the **** out and breath. Seriously. Find something else to do. The Broncos got ****ed up and it sucks. But you are blowing this way out of proportion.

We didn't just lose a Super Bowl. We had the highest scoring offense in NFL history and managed 8 points in the Super Bowl. I really don't get how you people fail grasp the gravity of the situation.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 12:09 AM
The defense could not stop Seattle on third down, period. Now, the offense and the special teams both played horribly and left the defense in some bad situations. But when Seattle had third and long, and converted consistently, yah, that's bad defense. Seattle's defense made the Broncos punt while Denver's defense could not stop Seattle on third down.

It's not like Seattle's offense was some kind of super scoring machine.

I don't disagree. All the same the defense was the least of our problems in this game. Had our offense played up to the standard it set in the regular season and protected the ball we could've still won.

bpc
02-03-2014, 12:59 AM
3rd down defense is when having a player like Miller is critical. This defense could stop the run but had nothing to combat a difference maker like a scrambling QB on 3rd down. It makes me think of the Carolina game last year and how big Miller was. We needed that but didn't get it.

Doesn't account for the horrible offense or ST's though.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 01:08 AM
3rd down defense is when having a player like Miller is critical. This defense could stop the run but had nothing to combat a difference maker like a scrambling QB on 3rd down. It makes me think of the Carolina game last year and how big Miller was. We needed that but didn't get it.

I really don't get why people are focusing on the unit that played the best in the game. Yes they had trouble getting them off the field on 3rd down, but good god that was the least of our problems.

fontaine
02-03-2014, 02:39 AM
Manning needs to retire.

Tear it all down!

p***Y!

:rofl:

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 02:44 AM
Manning needs to retire.

Tear it all down!

Go put a tampon in that bloody bleeder. The Seahawks brought a perfect game and not one Denver player showed up. Denver will be a major factor in the SB run next year (barring multiple injuries again) and you will be the biggest and loudest homer on the forum.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Go put a tampon in that bloody bleeder. The Seahawks brought a perfect game and not one Denver player showed up. Denver will be a major factor in the SB run next year (barring multiple injuries again) and you will be the biggest and loudest homer on the forum.

So the fact that our coaching staff utterly failed to prepare our team and the players didn't show up to the biggest game of their lives doesn't give you pause regarding the composition of this team? Okay then...

maven
02-03-2014, 02:50 AM
The team can reload because of Manning. Are there areas to fix? Sure. But, you don't have to blow it up.

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 02:50 AM
So the fact that our coaching staff utterly failed to prepare our team and the players didn't show up to the biggest game of their lives doesn't give you pause regarding the composition of this team? Okay then...

Coaches can only prep so much and it comes down to the players doing their job. To me this game came down to the OL getting the ass handed to them bringing in the kill the head and the body will fall cliche. Avril killed us just like he did in the Lions drubbing in 2011.

LRtagger
02-03-2014, 04:26 AM
A lot of Bronco fans are okay with their team being losers.

To each their own.

Lol in your OP you said you would rather us be 1-15 and would rather us be the Cleveland Browns ???

I would take this season over any season in the history of the Cleveland Browns organization.

spiralism
02-03-2014, 05:08 AM
Manning said in his presser he was "insulted" by talk of it being "an embarrassment". Well i got news for ya fetushead, it was. And you were at the head of it. Each and every one of that team should take a long look at themselves to put it extremely mildly. Most of them should not set foot in Mile High again, Manning included. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you ****ing losers.

Chrissy Rules
02-03-2014, 05:35 AM
Manning said in his presser he was "insulted" by talk of it being "an embarrassment". Well i got news for ya fetushead, it was. And you were at the head of it. Each and every one of that team should take a long look at themselves to put it extremely mildly. Most of them should not set foot in Mile High again, Manning included. Don't let the door hit you on the way out you ****ing losers.

you know you have EVERY RIGHT TO BE PIST BUT THAT IS JUST FOOLISH THE SEASON YOU ENJOYED WAS BECAUSE OF MANNING...TELL WHAT GO GET U SOME TEBOW GOOD LUCK WITH THAT there is 31 other teams and he cant even find a job being quarterback...what about Elway he lost HOW MANY BEFORE HE WON GET OVER IT

spiralism
02-03-2014, 05:38 AM
Tebow? Lol dunno where you got that from. He wasnt the answer but at least the Tebow team had tons of heart unlike this one.

Elway lost four but he did it in the end. Manning's not getting that swansong and will retire a high profile choker.

Desi
02-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Coaches can only prep so much and it comes down to the players doing their job. To me this game came down to the OL getting the ass handed to them bringing in the kill the head and the body will fall cliche. Avril killed us just like he did in the Lions drubbing in 2011.

After the first Chiefs game when the O-line was getting so much love for keeping Manning upright, Greg Cosell from NFL Films kept saying that it wasn't that the O-line was amazing. It was Manning's ability to get the ball out so fast. Cosell said that the O-line wasn't really all that good. He reiterated this point a week or so ago. And he wasn't the only one to do so. It just sort of got lost in the greater narratives.

The Broncos have to play the NFC West next season. All of those teams play the same kind of beat you down football. Clady's return will help but the O-line needs to be upgraded big time.

colonelbeef
02-03-2014, 05:53 AM

completely agree. This team was severely weakened in all 3 phases of defense critically. The 3 players they could not afford to lose were lost- Miller, Wolfe, and Harris. All young, energetic, rough, quick players necessary to get a team off of the field on 3rd down, especially against a mobile QB like Wilson

colonelbeef
02-03-2014, 05:55 AM
After the first Chiefs game when the O-line was getting so much love for keeping Manning upright, Greg Cosell from NFL Films kept saying that it wasn't that the O-line was amazing. It was Manning's ability to get the ball out so fast. Cosell said that the O-line wasn't really all that good. He reiterated this point a week or so ago. And he wasn't the only one to do so. It just sort of got lost in the greater narratives.

The Broncos have to play the NFC West next season. All of those teams play the same kind of beat you down football. Clady's return will help but the O-line needs to be upgraded big time.

You're downplaying how important the All Pro Left Tackle is to a line.

The Clady injury was a huge loss to this team. Best lineman on the team, best LT in football, protects an immobile QB's blind spot.

The OL performed admirably considering his loss. His injury was purely bad luck, not some misstep by the front office. You can't compensate for prime player like him going down, there might be 3-4 like him in the entire league

TonyR
02-03-2014, 07:46 AM

Yup. Lots of Broncos fans were too busy crowning the team and calling such analysts (and posters who pointed out such analysis) idiots to actually read such analysis. Our O-line is "good" but PM definitely made it look better than it is.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2014, 07:53 AM
We gotta start over.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was it for Peyton.

Tear it down. Start new. Start fresh.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 07:55 AM
We gotta start over.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was it for Peyton.

Tear it down. Start new. Start fresh.

Start fresh with what?

Enjoy being 5-11 while we search for another QB. Losing sucks, losing like that really sucks, but I'd rather be a contender than 5-11. Actually I'd rather not care about sports at all because it's so ****ing dumb, but apparently that's a hard habit to kick

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Start fresh with what?

Enjoy being 5-11 while we search for another QB. Losing sucks, losing like that really sucks, but I'd rather be a contender than 5-11. Actually I'd rather not care about sports at all because it's so ****ing dumb, but apparently that's a hard habit to kick

Yeah, you have a few bad seasons. It's called rebuilding. And I like winning championships. The way this roster is constructed we won't, and we won't get there by drafting between 28th and 31st every mother****ing year.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Yeah, you have a few bad seasons. It's called rebuilding. And I like winning championships. The way this roster is constructed we won't, and we won't get there by drafting between 28th and 31st every mother****ing year.

There is no rebuilding in the NFL. Sorry. And simply attempting it guarantees you nothing. Some teams like Seattle and SF get lucky a d find a bunch of D gems to build their team around, other teams find great QBs. We still have one and everyone wants him gone to "rebuild". Retarded

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2014, 08:07 AM
There is no rebuilding in the NFL. Sorry. And simply attempting it guarantees you nothing. Some teams like Seattle and SF get lucky a d find a bunch of D gems to build their team around, other teams find great QBs. We still have one and everyone wants him gone to "rebuild". Retarded

What would you suggest? You think this is only a problem with players on the field? I think it's a cultural issue in that locker room.

Last night was devastating. 55-10 was bad, but I was 10 years old. This one will stick.

Powderaddict
02-03-2014, 08:10 AM
This team will be rebuilding soon enough. They still have a shot to get this thing right IMO. Too early to pull the plug.

rmsanger
02-03-2014, 08:12 AM
This is the best opportunity we'll ever have with this team. This was our Apex, our Waterloo if you will and we got punked. It's hard to make a statement within 48 hours of this loss and not come away as overreaction but I'm with the OP.

We've got to tear it down as it's a giant fail.... A pure embarrassment!

BroncoInferno
08-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Wondering if Agamemnon still wishes we would "tear it all down?" Given the returning starters who missed the Super Bowl (Clady, Von, Harris, Wolfe, Moore, etc) and the FA additions (Ware, Ward, Talib, Sanders, etc), I don't see how anyone couldn't be optimistic that this team has a great chance to be better than last season and win it all.

Ziggy
08-12-2014, 09:26 AM
I doubt anything short of a super bowl victory is going to make him admit that he was wrong. Next February might be a better time to bump this thread.

BroncoInferno
08-12-2014, 10:04 AM
I doubt anything short of a super bowl victory is going to make him admit that he was wrong. Next February might be a better time to bump this thread.

Not trying to put him on blast or get him to admit he's wrong or anything like that. Just wondering if he and the other like minded posters feel at least a little more optimistic now that some time has past and after a great offseason.

SleepingTiger
08-12-2014, 10:42 AM
LOL

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
08-12-2014, 11:02 AM
I dont know whats worse getting blown out in a SB or getting blown out by the faiders under MaDip $ h! T. I sit through a SB blow out anyday.

Edit: Point being I'll sit through having a bad game. Cant sit through having a bad team.

oubronco
08-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Damn Sissies!!!

broncocalijohn
08-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Wondering if Agamemnon still wishes we would "tear it all down?" Given the returning starters who missed the Super Bowl (Clady, Von, Harris, Wolfe, Moore, etc) and the FA additions (Ware, Ward, Talib, Sanders, etc), I don't see how anyone couldn't be optimistic that this team has a great chance to be better than last season and win it all.

Just look at the other retards on the last page. We have ElusiveKyleOrton, Spirialism and rmsanger to lead with Aga. Glaf he hasnt been around too much and if Hamrob and go_broncos stay away from this site, at least gameday threads will be much kinder and reasonable. Lot of dumb took place the day after our blowout.

ScottXray
08-12-2014, 04:35 PM
I stayed away from the Mane after the SB loss. So I missed this thread and probably many more like it. The way I felt after the game I might have said much of the same things about the coaches , and even Manning. I do feel that FOX absolutely failed to have the team prepared.

The one point that A made about Manning that I think is right is that he does not like to win with the run game. He is best passing the ball, and is the most feared weapon in the NFL passing the ball.

But If the Broncos can't run against ANY defense this year, the likelihood of winning the Superbowl is much less. And you can't run successfully if your QB audibles to passes, or has an empty backfield most plays.

In order to run effectively you have to think RUN first. Denver HAS to run more, and better, and not let Manning totally dictate how the offense goes.

Whether it is Gase not calling runs, or Manning audibleing, or whatever, they need to get more offensive balance. With Manning in the game there is just too much of a tendency to just let him be Peyton Manning. And being offensively one-dimensional is not the way to win a superbowl, because the other team is going to be very good at defense.

One thing that was disappointing about the game the other night is that the BIG RUN packages Denver opened with were pretty much stuffed at the line.
When we went to the 3 wides is when the run game opened up a bit. We were not able to enforce our will on their first team run defense. The second strings were different.

We need those big run packages to work...no matter what the Defense does.

Archer81
08-12-2014, 05:26 PM
I was over the loss, or the game, 3/4 of the way through it. However, anything Seahawk related does cause me to change the channel or wish for a sharknado to his NW Washington state.

The preseason game against Seattle actually helped me get over that a bit. **** happens. On to 2014.

Enter The Dragon
08-12-2014, 05:45 PM
I stayed away from the Mane after the SB loss. So I missed this thread and probably many more like it. The way I felt after the game I might have said much of the same things about the coaches , and even Manning. I do feel that FOX absolutely failed to have the team prepared.

The one point that A made about Manning that I think is right is that he does not like to win with the run game. He is best passing the ball, and is the most feared weapon in the NFL passing the ball.

But If the Broncos can't run against ANY defense this year, the likelihood of winning the Superbowl is much less. And you can't run successfully if your QB audibles to passes, or has an empty backfield most plays.

In order to run effectively you have to think RUN first. Denver HAS to run more, and better, and not let Manning totally dictate how the offense goes.

Whether it is Gase not calling runs, or Manning audibleing, or whatever, they need to get more offensive balance. With Manning in the game there is just too much of a tendency to just let him be Peyton Manning. And being offensively one-dimensional is not the way to win a superbowl, because the other team is going to be very good at defense.

One thing that was disappointing about the game the other night is that the BIG RUN packages Denver opened with were pretty much stuffed at the line.
When we went to the 3 wides is when the run game opened up a bit. We were not able to enforce our will on their first team run defense. The second strings were different.

We need those big run packages to work...no matter what the Defense does.

Well said. A feared running game absolutely makes Peyton more dangerous.

theAPAOps5
08-12-2014, 05:51 PM

I forgot how stupid this ****ing moron is.

theAPAOps5
08-12-2014, 05:53 PM
I was over the loss, or the game, 3/4 of the way through it. However, anything Seahawk related does cause me to change the channel or wish for a sharknado to his NW Washington state.

The preseason game against Seattle actually helped me get over that a bit. **** happens. On to 2014.

It would be cooler if Mt Rainier blew the **** off it's top.

Archer81
08-12-2014, 06:12 PM
It would be cooler if Mt Rainier blew the **** off it's top.

At the same time Sharknado tore through...

BroncsCheer
08-12-2014, 08:42 PM
This is a delicious bump actually.

It's like distilled rage - targeted but hyperbolic

broncosteven
08-12-2014, 08:47 PM

Any life long Bronco fan who has been through at least one SB loss should have been able to bounce back from the last one by the 1st quarter.

I still think the 49er loss was way more embarrassing, as were the 2nd Quarter of the Deadskins loss and 2nd half of the gints loss. I can still remember the pain of the Cowboy loss, I had a bad migraine after that one.

The Seathug loss was noting compared to those and the sting was removed by John and his back to back SB wins. I am glad we were playing in the last game of the year with a chance, at least before the coin flip, of winning it all. I will take that shot every year.

theAPAOps5
08-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Any life long Bronco fan who has been through at least one SB loss should have been able to bounce back from the last one by the 1st quarter.

I still think the 49er loss was way more embarrassing, as were the 2nd Quarter of the Deadskins loss and 2nd half of the gints loss. I can still remember the pain of the Cowboy loss, I had a bad migraine after that one.

The Seathug loss was noting compared to those and the sting was removed by John and his back to back SB wins. I am glad we were playing in the last game of the year with a chance, at least before the coin flip, of winning it all. I will take that shot every year.

Like I have told people all offseason. We excel at getting our ass kicked in the Super Bowl. Some teams go through the motions, but we take ass kickings serious.

oubronco
08-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I forgot how stupid this ****ing moron is.

Cito would be proud

colorado jones
08-12-2014, 09:21 PM

So what you are really saying is you weren't over the SB loss 3/4 of the way through the game.

theAPAOps5
08-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Cito would be proud

Cito would say that pussy is no pussy

Maybe This Year
08-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Yeah, some of you guys need to go to Hug Camp and work some sh!t out. Things could be a LOT worse. The only thing the SB score meant to me was "a bad game". I don't think anybody believes the Hawks are that good and the Broncos are that bad. The Broncos are in shape to get there again.

I personally wouldn't be escited about the Talib deal, but it doesn't downgrade them. The Bronco's O-line enjoys a luxury that no other team does when the defense is too timid to stack the box. If the O-line can stay healthy, they can gel more as a unit. Even without Trevathan, the front seven belongs on a horror movie. So the secondary sucks.... big deal. I can't speak to the Special Teams. I don't have any idea where you guys are there.

If your players guit gettin hurt, you will be just fine.

Maybe This Year
08-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Yeah, some of you guys need to go to Hug Camp and work some **** out. Things could be a LOT worse. The only thing the SB score meant to me was "a bad game". I don't think anybody believes the Hawks are that good and the Broncos are that bad. The Broncos are in shape to get there again.

I personally wouldn't be escited about the Talib deal, but it doesn't downgrade them. The Bronco's O-line enjoys a luxury that no other team does when the defense is too timid to stack the box. If the O-line can stay healthy, they can gel more as a unit. Even without Trevathan, the front seven belongs on a horror movie. So the secondary sucks.... big deal. I can't speak to the Special Teams. I don't have any idea where you guys are there.

Hilarious!Hilarious!

You misspelled "quit"

Ha! F@#K Y*U! Beat ya to it.

Kevin8Nine
08-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Good Bump.

Everyone was so heartbroken and pissed. lol.

It's like we are all on the same emotional roller coaster.

Archer81
08-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Hilarious!Hilarious!

You misspelled "quit"

Ha! F@#K Y*U! Beat ya to it.

And excited.

Maybe This Year
08-12-2014, 10:25 PM
And excited.

lol

Archer81
08-12-2014, 10:25 PM
So what you are really saying is you weren't over the SB loss 3/4 of the way through the game.

I was. It was obvious Denver was going to lose at that point. I mean I was over the game, processed it. Denver lost, Seattle won. They outplayed us, which made me more disappointed that Denver lost then outright angry or disgusted.

I am still processing the post superbowl Seattle is the best team evar bull****. Makes me want to gag, so I have been avoiding it. That part is what is taking so long to get over.

Archer81
08-12-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah, some of you guys need to go to Hug Camp and work some **** out. Things could be a LOT worse. The only thing the SB score meant to me was "a bad game". I don't think anybody believes the Hawks are that good and the Broncos are that bad. The Broncos are in shape to get there again.

For posterity.

Maybe This Year
08-12-2014, 10:31 PM
I am an IT Sys Analyst. And I have never been able to type efficiently. Other than scripting and very long emails it doesn't bother me.