PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:00 PM
For calling a Broncos blowout

For calling this the best offense of all time

For calling Manning the GOAT

For thinking Demaryius could carry Marshalls jock

For thinking Elway had proven himself as a GM when all he did was sign reg season wonder and postseason pile of **** P''F''M

All wrong. And sadly, many, many more.

Obviously emotions and over reactions are high in this post for me and I'm aware of the gravity and repercussions of pressing submit, but personally, the follfollowing is THE MOST SENSIBLE and lucid thing I've ever posted on this site

It's high time I reexamine my priorities. I'll always be a Broncos fan, but not like this.

To everyone on the team this day, players, coaches, front office people:

You

Action
02-02-2014, 07:01 PM
I'd say demaryius is clearly elite.

ShutDownPoster
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
I feel like we brought back all the infamous AFC 'finesse' teams of the 80's for a reunion.

24champ
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Bowlen you gutless drunk!

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 07:03 PM
So glad I chose not to make predictions.

Paladin
I'm backing off, too. I have a new grandson coming. More important.

baja
It's going to be a long long long off season for the Denver Broncos.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 07:04 PM

For thinking Elway had proven himself as a GM when all he did was sign reg season wonder and postseason pile of **** P''F''M

Obviously emotions and over reactions are high in this post for me and I'm aware of the gravity and repercussions of pressing submit, but personally, the follfollowing is THE MOST SENSIBLE and lucid thing I've ever posted on this site

It's high time I reexamine my priorities. I'll always be a Broncos fan, but not like this.

You

I feel the same at the moment. Like this loss will change me as a fan. But I'm sure by openjng day next year I'll be a glutton for punishment again

SoCalBronco
The organization one upped itself from the Baltimore game.

Very disgusted with all of them.

So what we have gotten the last two years is the BAL game and another 80s Super Bowl.

Heads should roll.

Man-Goblin
Don't be sorry. I can't explain it either. I'm not sure how anyone can.

enjolras
It's simple. We are miles..absolute miles.. away from winning a superbowl.

broncosteven
02-02-2014, 07:05 PM
1998 will forever be the greatest team in the NFL, EVER PERIOD.

yerner
02-02-2014, 07:05 PM
i thought manning's lack of any bit of mobility killed us. the ability to not stretch the field didn't help either. it's like the offense line has to be perfect. how often will that happen 3 or 4 straight in the playoffs?

FlaBroncosFan
02-02-2014, 07:07 PM

You
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm really disappointed in this team today. This game really negated all the great things they've done this season. Maybe I need to be less emotionally invested in this team.

Action
02-02-2014, 07:07 PM
i thought manning's lack of any bit of mobility killed us. the ability to not stretch the field didn't help either. it's like the offense line has to be perfect. how often will that happen 3 or 4 straight in the playoffs?

2 ways of looking at it...the seahawks dline was able to tee up and get massive push on straight bull rushes against Manning. I didn't see any switch up with cadences or anything.

Fox's idea of not having loud speakers during practice kind of back fired.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm really disappointed in this team today. This game really negated all the great things they've done this season. Maybe I need to be less emotionally invested in this team.

That's the feeling I'm trying to sum up. I feel like I just completely wasted 5 months worth of energy

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 07:09 PM

You

Ill be perfectly honest. I'm probably done posting on Internet forums.. The trolls the anti troll crybabies just ruin it for me. Not to mention the negativity of this site in particular has rubbed off on me and I don't like it.

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I'd say demaryius is clearly elite.

I'd say he's a p***Y that cant break a press and needs to finger bang unconscious just been raped chicks

Real talk, son.

yerner
02-02-2014, 07:10 PM
2 ways of looking at it...the seahawks dline was able to tee up and get massive push on straight bull rushes against Manning. I didn't see any switch up with cadences or anything.

Fox's idea of not having loud speakers during practice kind of back fired.

i think we agree. the line didn't hold up but there will be playoff games like that. manning can't move enough to even get his arm free. it's just looking like a long shot for a dude that immobile to win a superbowl.

Finger Roll
Man the Broncos sure know how to embarrass themselves and their fans in the Super Bowl. Giving up 35 points to a back up qb in one quarter losing by 45 2 years later and Phil Simms completing like 90 percent of his passes in the other. Now they lay this turd. What a bunch of f ups

Man-Goblin

So what we have gotten the last two years is the BAL game and another 80s Super Bowl.

Heads should roll.

This is crap.

Was it another version of an 80's Super Bowl? Yes.

Is it the end of the world? No. They represented themself (as an organization) well after a devostating loss to the Ravens.

This loss? Has happened before. If you're a long time fan, you have been through it before.

And while embarassing, it is not insurmountable.

I still think the window is open for a Super Bowl with Manning as our QB.

Go Broncos!!!!

SVine
02-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Heads should roll.

This. Fox totally effect up against Bal, but this year, the loss was a complete reflection of a lack of preparation.

Mogulseeker
02-02-2014, 07:11 PM
I'm changing my priorities, too. I'm going to finally seal the deal after getting a girl in my bed.

Archer81
02-02-2014, 07:12 PM

1997 and 1998.

:Broncos:

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm changing my priorities, too. I'm going to finally seal the deal after getting a girl in my bed.

Normally I'd like be hurting laughing, but your efforts are in vain today smurf bud

Action
i think we agree. the line didn't hold up but there will be playoff games like that. manning can't move enough to even get his arm free. it's just looking like a long shot for a dude that immobile to win a superbowl.

Just depends on match up to be honest and how the game played out.

We needed to establish a running game and didn't. No one is winning dropping back that many times and allowing the defense to just tee up.

I don't think it's immobility is what cost us the super bowl...nor do I think it was part of the problem. Having a mobile QB is obviously advantageous but it isn't the reason between winning and losing.

To make my point clearer...how do you think Manning would have played on the Seahawks tonight?

24champ

Heads should roll.

Its too late to change the staff but we should start gearing the roster for the post-Peyton era. I'd say next year is his last year.

SonOfLe-loLang
Normally I'd like be hurting laughing, but your efforts are in vain today smurf bud

I feel like something broke inside me

phibacka31
02-02-2014, 07:14 PM
I'd say he's a p***Y that cant break a press and needs to finger bang unconscious just been raped chicks

Real talk, son.

rev I almost always agree with you but decker was the puss that didn't show up... DT was fine, not great but fine

TheReverend
If I could, I'd take the mvp trophy from Manning and give it to Brady.

I'm sorry Jim Miller.

Taco John
We lost this in the first play of the game. You can't go out in a Superbowl game, spot the other team two points and the ball, and emotional momentum.

colonelbeef
02-02-2014, 07:15 PM
this isn't on Elway. He put together a talented team.

This is on the gameplanning and in game coaching. They did not match the Seahawks intensity, and the bubble screen bull**** was never going to fly against a team as fast as the hawks were sideline to sideline.

Should have been quick slants, 3-4 step drops all day long. Plays took way too long to develop. Much too conservative early after the safety when they had to respond.

Clady was missed big time today, so was Von Miller who could have gotten the defense off of the field a bit earlier once or twice in the first half when it mattered.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Heath Evans better hope he doesn't run into my ass on the street

rolandftw
It's amazing the team got this far, really. Five starters on defense gone. I think it's obvious the talent level on the team was not as good as advertised, and the Broncos did a great job just getting to the big game, even in a watered down AFC.

Talent of the team was not as good as thought, and they played the worst game in the last two seasons at the wrong time. Turn it over against Seattle, and they will make you pay.

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Not really sure how this falls on Elway. He got the talent here. Injuries and the players ****ting the bed killed us.

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:16 PM
rev I almost always agree with you but decker was the puss that didn't show up... DT was fine, not great but fine

Bud, they put deck on Shermanso demaryius would be open but demaryius still had zero impact

Demaryius was pathetic like the rest of the team. Perhaps especially.

HELLHAMMER
02-02-2014, 07:17 PM
I feel like I just completely wasted 5 months worth of energy

Bingo. Now I only have my miserable job and crappy life to look forward to. But realizing that tells me I have way too much invested into whether the Broncos win or lose. I don't believe the players even care as much as I do.

FlaBroncosFan
[QUOTE=SonOfLe-loLang;4050569]That's the feeling I'm trying to sum up. I feel like I just completely wasted 5 months worth of energy[/

This makes the Baltimore loss seem less painful.

McDman
Rev is so absolute embarass right now.

24champ
We lost this in the first play of the game. You can't go out in a Superbowl game, spot the other team two points and the ball, and emotional momentum.

Yeah I was shocked. I can only imagine how the players felt.

huh??

Best of luck. :thumbs:

When you're about to lose control too soon (Broncos Super Bowl reference), just think of Whoopi Goldberg naked in a tub of milk.

Smiling Assassin27
02-02-2014, 07:18 PM
The architect of the team was a member of monumentally soft teams, what do we expect? THis team could've been ripped from the Reeves years.

To lose to this team is not shameful, the way they lost really is an embarrassment for Broncos Country.

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:19 PM
Rev is so absolute embarass right now.

You're right.

The ''greatest offense of all time'' just got shut the **** out by an average super bowl participant

If you're NOT absolute embarrass then **** you too

FlaBroncosFan
02-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Seattle is good but they ain't that good. The Bucaneers would've put up more of a fight.

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:21 PM
You're right.

The ''greatest offense of all time'' just got shut the **** out by an average super bowl participant

If you're NOT absolute embarrass then **** you too

Haha, wow.

Finger Roll
02-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I feel the same way Rev. I'm very Very pissed. The whole season was just a tease

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 07:22 PM
You're right.

seattle wasn't an average super bowl participant

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I think you'll calm down tomorrow. It was a terrible game but we got beat by a better team.

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Haha, wow.

Fwiw, I'm thinking the same about you.

Most embarrassing super bowl since broncos 9ers and you log in immediately after to carry their torch?

I look forward to your delayed rage when the denial subsides

SonOfLe-loLang
seattle wasn't an average super bowl participant

They kicked our ass. But we did everything we could to help them. I mean, the first play of the game? Are you kidding?

Dr. Broncenstein
Greatest offense of all time. Greatest QB of all time. 8 points in the Super Bowl.

The rules that allow the falsely inflated "Star Wars" production Manning has amassed go out the window in the post season. When he has to play real football against an actual defense his record speaks for itself.

txtebow

Precisely. ****ing disgusting.

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:26 PM
At least Bowlens crippling dimensia might let him believe he won today.

That's one potential bright spot.

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Fwiw, I'm thinking the same about you.

Most embarrassing super bowl since broncos 9ers and you log in immediately after to carry their torch?

I look forward to your delayed rage when the denial subsides

Man, one of my best friends died this week. There will be no rage. This is just a game.

stopgap
02-02-2014, 07:27 PM
They got outplayed. Plain and simple.

Dr. Broncenstein

Naw he's just bad at public word salad.

rolandftw
They kicked our ass. But we did everything we could to help them. I mean, the first play of the game? Are you kidding?

Sure, we played like dog **** and they played a great game. The combination of both made it a laugher

Honestly, we looked rattled and completely unprepared to play today. That aspect is inexcusable. can handle losing to the better team, and I think they were it, but they are not 40+ points better.

with that said, ravens loss hurt a ton more then this one did. because we gave it away

stopgap
02-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Man, one of my best friends died this week. There will be no rage. This is just a game.

:thumbs:

UberBroncoMan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXIV

A lot of people forget that Elway was the post-season failure before he got 97/98 to finish out his career.

Manning is one of the greatest ever, but their team simply overwhelmed him. It happens.]

I truly believe his is a different game if we have Clady, Von Miller, Wolfe, Harris.

Everything that could go wrong for us did.

Don't forget either that the Seahawks are paying next to nothing for Wilson at QB while we are dumping $20 mill into our QB spot. That allowed them to STACK THE LIVING **** out of their team this off-season...and all they really lost this year was Sidney Rice. Whoopy ****ing do. The health advantage was huge.

rolandftw
While I think Manning is great, we need to drop the whole greatest QB of all time crap.

Elway's the greatest QB to ever play for this team. Period.

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Genuinely sorry for anyone upset by discussing stuff like this, but like right after orgasm, there's rare moments of clarity and this is one.

Guys, I'm so ****ing stupid I made a thread not only saying I support john Fox but one focused on celebrating him.

Ha!
Holy ****, right?!

SoCalBronco
Look, we just got ****ing raped.

And then we found out the rapist had AIDS.

And then we found out he ****ing cleaned out our 401k in the process.

So no, Rev isn't absolute embarass.

He's telling the ****ing truth.

They scored over 600 points in the season and basically got SHUT THE **** OUT.

This organization put on a **** show for its fans. If Seattle wanted to, this could have been worse than 55-10.

So everything is on the table. No negative comment is too unreasonable. It's ****ing factual, so ****ing deal with it.

Bowlen and Elway and Fox and the whole team should be flogged for this. I meant what I said in the GDT. When that plane touches down, I want to see all those ****ing a-holes to run in the freezing cold, until they ****ing collapse and are shaking on the ground in hypothermia.

I don't give a ****. You make me suffer then **** their lives. I hope they all ****ing burn.

Two years in a row we had the best team in the NFL, and two years we had a car wreck to end the season. More like an airplane wreck.

All of them should get ****ed by 15 inch dick with AIDS. Every single ****ing guy. From the roster to the brass. Every ****ing one. It will be like getting a flu shot at the doctor, one could go right after the other in a ****ing line.

You ****ing embarassed me today. You ****ing killed your fans. **** you.

Greatspirits
Start with getting rid of the loser orange jerseys, bring back the championship blue jerseys!

LetsGoBroncos
It's simple. We are miles..absolute miles.. away from winning a superbowl.

Actually we were one game away. We played the worst game we've played in three seasons.

Let me ask you this, if we played them five more times do you think we would lose this bad in any of them?

BroncsCheer
02-02-2014, 07:30 PM
The only apology I'm interested in is the one that each and every player and coach on that team owes us

What a farce - that mad 55-10 look like a competitive game.

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Look, we just got ****ing raped.

And then we found out the rapist had AIDS.

And then we found out he ****ing cleaned out our 401k in the process.

So no, Rev isn't absolute embarass.

He's telling the ****ing truth.

They scored over 600 points in the season and basically got SHUT THE **** OUT.

This organization put on a **** show for its fans. If Seattle wanted to, this could have been worse than 55-10.

So everything is on the table. No negative comment is too unreasonable. It's ****ing factual, so ****ing deal with it.

Bowlen and Elway and Fox and the whole team should be flogged for this. I meant what I said in the GDT. When that plane touches down, I want all see ****ing a-holes to run.in the freezing cold, until they ****ing collapse and are shaking on the ground in hypothermia.

I don't give a ****. You make me suffer then **** their lives. I hope they all ****ing burn.

Two years in a row we had the best team in the NFL, and two years we had a car wreck to end the season. More like an airplane wreck.

All of them should get ****ed by 15 inch dick with AIDS. Every single ****ing guy. From the roster to the brass. Every ****ing one. It will be like getting a flu shot at the doctor, one could go right after the other in a ****ing line.

Btw, I was saying Rev was absolute embarrass because of the drunken thread he made a couple years back. It wasn't meant as a dig. It was a joke.

Oooooh, well,

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Actually we were one game away. We played the worst game we've played in three seasons.

Let me ask you this, if we played them five more times do you think we would lose this bad in any of them?

I agree. But you won't find many people who think this way

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:32 PM
:thumbs:

I don't think this is sarcasm but it is hard to tell. It is true though. When something like that happens it puts a lot into perspective.

TonyR
02-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Lol, yes DT had that awful fumble and ran backwards a few times but they guy goes 13-118-1 and is pretty much the only guy on the O to show up and he's the one we're going to call out?!?

winstoncup bronco
That's the feeling I'm trying to sum up. I feel like I just completely wasted 5 months worth of energy

This. Just completely drained of emotion right now.

I was a little disappointed this week thinking this would be the last game of the season. Now I don't even want to think of football until further notice.

Man, 5 months of emotional investment, and nothing to show for it.

Need a lot of time away from football.

cabronco

Ya that was like a tell tale sign right there of things to come, unfortunately.

Bronkota
02-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Seattle is good but they ain't that good. The Bucaneers would've put up more of a fight.

Seattle is the best team in the nfl period! They embarrassed the Broncos in the first pre season game this year and man handled them same tonight! Team needs more players like Bill Romonowski.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
02-02-2014, 07:36 PM
This. Just completely drained of emotion right now.

I was a little disappointed this week thinking this would be the last game of the season. Now I don't even want to think of football until further notice.

Man, 5 months of emotional investment, and nothing to show for it.

Need a lot of time away from football.

Feel like I might as well have spent my sundays volunteering somewhere

maher_tyler

DT and maybe Welker were the only ones on O that showed up. DT had 13 catches for 118 yards and a TD.

LongDongJohnson
This is our raiders vs bucs super bowl

rolandftw
02-02-2014, 07:38 PM

How did they embarrass you? I guess I get the rage and frustration, but the players should damn well be more upset then the fans are right now by their performance. They let themselves down

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:39 PM

Guess you missed the game.

Spoiler:

The Seahawks **** down the Broncos (highly paid pussies) throats for 60 minutes.

TheReverend
02-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Btw, I was saying Rev was absolute embarrass because of the drunken thread he made a couple years back. It wasn't meant as a dig. It was a joke.

Oooooh, well,

Go pull up that thread, dip****.

It was the first early warning of the worst season in broncos history.

I just haven't bumped it to make douches like you eat their words because contrary to popular belief, I don't care and do **** like that.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-02-2014, 07:42 PM
No judgment here. I turned off the game after Thomas' fumble in the 3rd. I can't believe I actually lasted that long. The effort as well as the dink and dunk game plan was disgusting.

What I am taking away from this is that offense doesn't mean ****. They can talk all they want about the game evolving and being slanted towards the offense, but it's clear that defense wins championships. Always has been and always will be that way. And you need a running game, whether it's a mobile QB, a hybrid WR/RB type, or a bellcow RB. Or as Seattle did it, with a mix of the three.

We're a finesse offense with a crappy defense. Elway built this team backwards. We would have been better off blowing all our cap money on defensive players and letting Tebow run a triple option attack against a team like Seattle. It truly couldn't have been any worse or more embarrassing. And I'm aware I'm probably going full retard with that comment.

ShutDownPoster
02-02-2014, 07:44 PM
The Seahawks were in attack mode all night, that botched snap was just the taste of blood that took them over the top - and it was the first play of the game. We even held them out of the endzone twice and we couldn't do squat. No they are not the '85 Bears, but they played fast and ferocious like early 90's Dallas fast. So we contained Lynch - yet we ignored every other aspect of the game.

55CrushEm
Lol, yes DT had that awful fumble and ran backwards a few times but they guy goes 13-118-1 and is pretty much the only guy on the O to show up and he's the one we're going to call out?!?

This. We lost for a whole host of reasons. But DT was not one of them. As you say.....he's the only guy that showed up.

Superbowl record for catches against a top notch secondary.....and we're ripping HIM?

In the second half of 2011.....DT was 2nd in the league in receiving behind only Megatron.....and that was when we had Tebow throwing the ball.

DT is the real deal. Ripping on him is beyond stupid.

But yeah......the rest of the team sucked ass tonight.

SoCalBronco

Blue balls!

Smurf whiffs again.

;D

/your post made me smile Smurf, appreciate it

Old Dude
02-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Christ, people. This is my fifth time going through this. I'm the one who's supposed to be having PTSD, not you whippersnappers.

McDman
Go pull up that thread, dip****.

It was the first early warning of the worst season in broncos history.

I just haven't bumped it to make douches like you eat their words because contrary to popular belief, I don't care and do **** like that.

Haha. It was a joke. Calm down.

ColoradoDarin
Meh. An hour later and I'm pretty much over it. Learned a few years ago that I needed to not take the games so personal. Sucks they lost, but it happens.

DBroncos4life
02-02-2014, 07:46 PM
At least taco troll profits

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:47 PM
No judgment here. I turned off the game after Thomas' fumble in the 3rd. I can't believe I actually lasted that long. The effort as well as the dink and dunk game plan was disgusting.

What I am taking away from this is that offense doesn't mean ****. They can talk all they want about the game evolving and being slanted towards the offense, but it's clear that defense wins championships. Always has been and always will be that way. And you need a running game, whether it's a mobile QB, a hybrid WR/RB type, or a bellcow RB. Or as Seattle did it, with a mix of the three.

We're a finesse offense with a crappy defense. Elway built this team backwards. We would have been better off blowing all our cap money on defensive players and letting Tebow run a triple option attack against a team like Seattle. It truly couldn't have been any worse or more embarrassing. And I'm aware I'm probably going full retard with that comment.

Hopefully we concentrate all on D in the off season. Maybe look to replace Beatles. Not sure if Clark could slide in or not.

TonyR
Christ, people. This is my fifth time going through this. I'm the one who's supposed to be having PTSD, not you whippersnappers.

Lol, yup, this is like those first 4 Super Bowls all over again. The San Fran and Washington losses in particular were similarly awful.

McDman
Meh. An hour later and I'm pretty much over it. Learned a few years ago that I needed to not take the games so personal. Sucks they lost, but it happens.

Yep.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 07:50 PM

That's a low blow homie.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 07:52 PM

All hail the superfan. who is better then everyone else.

orangeatheist
02-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Lol, yup, this is like those first 4 Super Bowls all over again. The San Fran and Washington losses in particular were similarly awful.

The difference is, we have Elway's Back-to-Back Championships to soothe the pain a bit. Those wins were so epic, so awesome, so satisfying that their glorious feelings still reach through the years to make this loss a lot easier to take than those screw-ups in the 80s.

WolfpackGuy
02-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Hopefully we concentrate all on D in the off season. Maybe look to replace Beatles. Not sure if Clark could slide in or not.

Beadles is gone.

He gets pushed around too much and too easily.

It was also a "good" thing he tripped that guy because he was going to level Manning.

McDman
02-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Beadles is gone.

He gets pushed around too much and too easily.

It was also a "good" thing he tripped that guy because he was going to level Manning.

Yeah. He kind of sucked all year.

OG, MLB, S all need to be taken care of.

Broncos_OTM
02-02-2014, 07:57 PM
scratch that maybe I should thank orangemane for helping me cope with my anger issue.

ColoradoDarin
02-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Yeah. He kind of sucked all year.

OG, MLB, S all need to be taken care of.

I have been against it before, but maybe we should swap Clark over to RT and move Franklin to LG and hope Clady returns to form.

strafen
02-02-2014, 08:02 PM

YouAbout giving the Seahawks some credit?
That was a #1 seeded team and the #1 defense team in the NFL we've lost to today...
We didn't lose to the Arizona Cardinals for cying out loud, and I don't see in the Seahawks a team that is going to fade away any time soon, so better get used to it...

On the flip side, we should've learned quite a bit about our team. It sucks we lost. I get that. That was a tough game
How they'd bounce back from this, will tell us about the direction of the team.
i'm confident we will have a different approach and use the Seattle Seahawks as the measuring stick of what we need to beat.
The Seahawks look like the team to beat in the NFL...

Jimmy Johnson former Cowboys head coach was right when he said: "you don't win the game in the 1st quarter, but you can lose the game in the 1st quarter." Think about it...

broncobum6162
02-02-2014, 08:23 PM
WE WERE FARKED FROM THE SAFETY TO START THE GAME.....

24champ
02-02-2014, 08:56 PM
This teams wasn't prepared. That and Manning folds like a cheap Chinese tent in pressure games.

Pure and simple.

DenverBound
02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Guess you missed the game.

Spoiler:

The Seahawks **** down the Broncos (highly paid pussies) throats for 60 minutes.

Nominating for best post of 13/14 season.

TD4HOF
02-02-2014, 09:39 PM
I’m as homerific as a fan can get. Total kool aid drinker.

Today was such am embarrassment. They were not ready to play at all. I don’t mind losing but this was just too much.

However, I will say this...the Seahawks played out of their everloving minds. They were almost perfect.

nyuk nyuk
02-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Lame thread.

theAPAOps5
02-02-2014, 09:45 PM

You

Ha at some point tonight I had all the same thoughts. Yowza, such a good team only to be thoroughly embarrassed. The hard part is realizing how much better we need to be and trying to figure out how we begin to do that.

pricejj
02-02-2014, 09:53 PM
6 turnovers, a Safety, and a kick-off return TD.

These p***yies have done the exact same crap multiple times over the last 2 years. They are not, and never will be capable of winning a SB. Not unless they are playing flag football.

pricejj
02-02-2014, 09:56 PM
The hard part is realizing how much better we need to be and trying to figure out how we begin to do that.

Get a new QB who can pick up a 1st down on the ground if he has too. Get some actual talent on Defense.

Pretty much, don't hold your breath.

BMORE
02-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Get a new QB.. Lol I've heard it all. The guy just had the best season of any QB to ever play the game. Was good against the chargers, great against New England, and not so good today. Which is terrible timing and luck. Maybe today exposed how deficient the depth and talent really is on this team.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Get a new QB.. Lol I've heard it all. The guy just had the best season of any QB to ever play the game. Was good against the chargers, great against New England, and not so good today. Which is terrible timing and luck. Maybe today exposed how deficient the depth and talent really is on this team.

Seattle played better tonight, but i really think it was just a ****ty game. I dont think any fatal flaw happened to be exposed. **** happens, it ****ing blows, so be it.

Gutless Drunk
02-02-2014, 10:08 PM
I love how reactionary everybody is "gotta have a running QB to win the Super Bowl. Pocket passers are dead, they don't win Super Bowls"

Joe Flacco won it last year.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:11 PM

You

Pretty much with you 100% on this one. Though you forgot the coaching staff. They are my primary source of ire right now.

BMORE
02-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Seattle played better tonight, but i really think it was just a ****ty game. I dont think any fatal flaw happened to be exposed. **** happens, it ****ing blows, so be it.

I don't fully agree bro. Seattle played better tonight, because from top to bottom they are the more complete and better team. We are top heavy, and most of that top heavy talent is on offense. Look at their DB depth. Mind you they played without Browner and you wouldn't know the difference.

Tonight really really hurts. But tonight also shows the importance of a good defense and depth.

We ran out of luck and had nothing bounce our way tonight, a botched snap, plenty of missed calls, bad throws, fumbles, horrible blocking, poor tackling, no pressure, poor coverage. The list goes on. It was a TEAM loss. We need to improve the team. Peyton was covering deficiencies all year, mainly due to injuries, but still. We faced adversity all year, Seattle had their own adversity, but their team is far more complete and sound as a whole.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:13 PM
6 turnovers, a Safety, and a kick-off return TD.

These p***yies have done the exact same crap multiple times over the last 2 years. They are not, and never will be capable of winning a SB. Not unless they are playing flag football.

Yep. And this is why I firmly believe it all needs to be blown up. To which the sheep baa "Peeeyton Maaaanning" as loud as they can.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:14 PM
I don't fully agree bro. Seattle played better tonight, because from top to bottom they are the more complete and better team. We are top heavy, and most of that top heavy talent is on offense. Look at their DB depth. Mind you they played without Browner and you wouldn't know the difference.

Tonight really really hurts. But tonight also shows the importance of a good defense and depth.

We ran out of luck and had nothing bounce our way tonight, a botched snap, plenty of missed calls, bad throws, fumbles, horrible blocking, poor tackling, no pressure, poor coverage. The list goes on. It was a TEAM loss. We need to improve the team. Peyton was covering deficiencies all year, mainly due to injuries, but still. We faced adversity all year, Seattle had their own adversity, but their team is far more complete and sound as a whole.

Sure, but thats not reason to "blow up the team" as if that wouldnt throw us right back into football mediocrity. We lost. It ****ing blows.

Whatever. I really need to stop caring. its all so ****ing dumb.

BMORE
02-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Sure, but thats not reason to "blow up the team" as if that wouldnt throw us right back into football mediocrity. We lost. It ****ing blows.

Whatever. I really need to stop caring. its all so ****ing dumb.

I'm not suggesting blow up the team bro lol!

I'm saying we need to increase the talent on the roster so that even our depth are quality players.

Our fatal flaw is lack of real talent and depth.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm not suggesting blow up the team bro lol!

I'm saying we need to increase the talent on the roster so that even our depth are quality players.

Our fatal flaw is lack of real talent and depth.

Getting 5 starters back on D will help.

Willynowei
02-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Turnover
Punt
Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
--------
Half - 19 points off turnovers
-------
Allow Special teams TD
turnover - At this point, 33 points off of turnovers
-------
Turned off TV - and really at this point you can see that everyone gave up.

Imagine we had the greatest defense in NFL history that played perfect, we would still be down 19-0 (2 points off safety, 10 points off picks from Manning, 7 points off kick returns) in the 3rd quarter. Our defense would have to score 19 points against Seattle's offense to be even, assuming we played PERFECT DEFENSE... just think about that.

In my honest opinion the Defense was the only unit that showed up this game. As an offense, before you worry about drives, and TDs, and third down conversions... the first thing, the very first thing you worry about is turnovers and penalties.

BMORE
02-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Getting 5 starters back on D will help.

Outside of Von, is there anything really special about those players?

Harris is a great #3 and a good #2, but why not improve overall depth to get rid of players like Carter, Boldin, Jammer.

Moore, while he was missed, there is nothing exciting about his game. He doesn't generate turnovers, he's just a solid free safety, nothing special. Why not push him with competition and make him a sub package player because we have a dynamite FS.

Wolfe and Vickerson play physical and are tone setters for the DLine, but the depth after them, Unrein, Fua, really..

I want physical players, not finesse players on D.

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Turnover
Punt
Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
--------
-------
Allow Special teams TD
turnover - At this point, 33 points of turnovers
-------
Turned off TV

Okay guys, I've got it figured out, the problem is we need to Draft defense. Lots and Lots of Defense, that will put us over the top.

We had turnover issues all year. We had turnover issues last year as well. I do not understand the lack of accountability on this matter. It's infuriating.

BMORE
02-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Turnover
Punt
Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
--------
-------
Allow Special teams TD
turnover - At this point, 33 points off of turnovers
-------
Turned off TV - and really at this point you can see that everyone gave up.

Okay guys, I've got it figured out, the problem is we need to Draft defense! Lots and Lots of Defense, that will put us over the top!

In my honest opinion the Defense was the only unit that showed up this game. As an offense, before you worry about drives, and TD's and third down conversions the first thing, the very first thing you worry about is turnovers and penalties.

The defense didn't show up either. Why is this the common assumption. There was little pressure on Wilson, there was poor tackling all night. Sure Seattle didn't have huge stats but they didn't need to while being up big! I can't help but think of those two TDs where their WRs broke multiple tackles. How can anyone say our D showed up..

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 10:30 PM
The defense didn't show up either. Why is this an accurate assumption. There was little pressure on Wilson, there was poor tackling all night. Sure Seattle didn't have huge stats but they didn't need to while being up big! I can't help but think of those two TDs where their WRs broke multiple tackles. How can anyone say our D showed up..

To be fair, the run defense was great, and there definitely was pressure but it did no good most of the time. When a team turns over the ball as much as we did it's hard to blame the defense. Don't get me wrong, the defense could be improved, but we still lose this game soundly with all the turnovers.

Gutless Drunk
02-02-2014, 10:31 PM
The defense didn't show up either. Why is this an accurate assumption. There was little pressure on Wilson, there was poor tackling all night. Sure Seattle didn't have huge stats but they didn't need to while being up big! I can't help but think of those two TDs where their WRs broke multiple tackles. How can anyone say our D showed up..

Seattle punted once. Need to get off the field on D.

BMORE
02-02-2014, 10:32 PM
To be fair, the run defense was great, and there definitely was pressure but it did no good most of the time. When a team turns over the ball as much as we did it's hard to blame the defense. Don't get me wrong, the defense could be improved, but we still lose this game soundly with all the turnovers.

Seattle didn't have to do much, but still moved the ball efficiently and put points on the board with almost every drive. Sure Lynch didn't gash us for huge yardage totals. But they did everything they needed to offensively.

Willynowei
02-02-2014, 10:35 PM
The defense didn't show up either. Why is this the common assumption. There was little pressure on Wilson, there was poor tackling all night. Sure Seattle didn't have huge stats but they didn't need to while being up big! I can't help but think of those two TDs where their WRs broke multiple tackles. How can anyone say our D showed up..

Think about the score through the early part of the 3rd quarter right.

1 pick - 3 automatic points. 1 pick - 7 automatic. 1 safety - 2 points automatic. 1 return - 7 automatic. And then there's all the field position/drives inside the 50.

That's 19 points at the start of the second half. In other words if our Defense didn't allow a single yard we would've had at minimum a 19 point hole, and remember, Seattle was held to field goals in all their early drives despite field position on our side of the 50 each drive.

I would say you have to think that late in the game people were giving up but through 3 quarters the defense played the best out of the 3 phases.

BMORE
02-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Think about the score through the early part of the 3rd quarter right.

1 pick - 3 automatic points. 1 pick - 7 automatic. 1 safety - 2 points automatic. 1 return - 7 automatic. And then there's all the field position/drives inside the 50.

That's 19 points at the start of the second half. In other words if our Defense didn't allow a single yard we would've had at minimum a 19 point hole, and remember, Seattle was held to field goals in all their early drives despite field position on our side of the 50 each drive.

I would say you have to think that late in the game people were giving up but through 3 quarters the defense played the best out of the 3 phases.

Our defense couldn't make stops, Seattle punted once. Our D did not play well at all.

Willynowei
02-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Our defense couldn't make stops, Seattle punted once. Our D did not play well at all.

how many times do you have to punt if it takes you 1 first down to be in field goal range?

Agamemnon
02-02-2014, 11:21 PM

Anything to divert blame from your boy am I right? ::)

24champ
02-03-2014, 02:14 AM

Our defense was given piss poor field position to work with, thanks to this fraud of an offense.

BMORE
02-03-2014, 04:06 AM
Anything to divert blame from your boy am I right? ::)

What do you want me to say, he didn't play well.

dsmoot
02-03-2014, 04:32 AM

My goodness. This is one of the best perspectives of the outcome I have seen tonight. I love (not) all the pointed, misguided blame being passed around to the various parts of the team like the coaching staff and others. Face it, there was some reality tonight where the TEAM wasn't good enough in alot of areas.

colonelbeef
02-03-2014, 04:47 AM
I think you'll calm down tomorrow. It was a terrible game but we got beat by a better team.

Absurd.

This loss will hurt the organization and the fans for years. This is a forever painful kind of game, and it will get worse as the shock wears off.

This is only the beginning. 'Calm down tomorrow', haha

Action
02-03-2014, 04:49 AM
Absurd.

This loss will hurt the organization and the fans for years. This is a forever painful kind of game, and it will get worse as the shock wears off.

This is only the beginning. 'Calm down tomorrow', haha

I really hope not...but the fact that Broncos lost in epic fashion 2 years in a row is going to be a tough pill to swallow.

Every game during the regular season next year will have the "this doesn't mean **** because we choke in the playoffs and super bowl" tagline to it.

And believe me, the pressure to win will be FAR GREATER in the playoffs next year than this year.

Hopefully John Elway has a plan for some resiliency... I'm not sure what direction they go from here but something must be done.

With that being said, I'm sure Adam Gase will be a much better OC next year with the 1st year under his belt.

Kudos to Adam Gase making it to the SB in his 1st year as OC.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 04:54 AM
Seattle punted once. Need to get off the field on D.

The "GREATEST OFFENSE OF ALL TIME" (:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:) started the game with the ball and managed 0 first downs in the first quarter for the FIRST TIME IN SUPER BOWL HISTORY.

BMORE's script:

When the offense blows up every record, it's Manning changing the play, getting rid of the ball quick to elevate the OL, taking the receiving group far beyond their talent level, etc.

When the offense get's butt ****ed in front of 7 billion people, it's the supporting cast that let Manning down.

bend me over a rock, Colts trash. Manning has nearly finished cementing himself into an eternal punchline.

His legacy is dead in the water, as far as I'm concerned.

Broncoman13
02-03-2014, 04:55 AM

You

It's funny Rev. All week long I'd felt pretty confident about this game. Around Friday I started feeling a little less confident and then Sunday morning I kind of had that feeling.

But here is the thing. I wasn't that upset. I am a die hard Broncos fan, but I seriously wasn't that upset. Part of me, since we signed Peyton, has felt like this isn't my Broncos team anyhow. Almost like Manning is just a hired gun. Doesn't really consider himself a true Bronco, why should I?

Perhaps I've just matured over the last few years and don't allow games to affect me the same way. Maybe there just isn't anything that will replace the feeling from 1998 and I realize that.

The Seahawks were kind of like the 98 Broncos yesterday. Not as heavy underdogs, but not expected to win and have never won a championship. There are millions of Seahawks fans that just got to experience what I did in 98. Hard for me not to appreciate what they are feeling right now.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 04:57 AM
With that being said, I'm sure Adam Gase will be a much better OC next year with the 1st year under his belt.

Kudos to Adam Gase making it to the SB in his 1st year as OC.

Oh please. That was probably most poorly prepared and gameplanned offense performance I have ever seen.

Cleveland is breathing a collective sigh of relief.

Action
02-03-2014, 04:59 AM
Oh please. That was probably most poorly prepared and gameplanned offense performance I have ever seen.

Cleveland is breathing a collective sigh of relief.

I guess making it to the Super Bowl isn't an accomplishment to some people.

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 05:00 AM

How do you remember the 2002 Raiders?

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 05:02 AM

Yeah you're right man, my bad.

They looked like they deserved to be there and appreciated the opportunity, so should we!

Simply Red
02-03-2014, 05:12 AM
Bowlen you gutless drunk!

Would you have a soapy tit whack off session with his wife?

http://i.imgur.com/Thnu3KY.jpg

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 05:14 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos">@Broncos</a> On the bright side, Ill get to watch a more competitive and masculine performance when the mens figure skaters hit the ice at Sochi</p>&mdash; Patrick Turley (@patrickturley) <a href="https://twitter.com/patrickturley/statuses/430328132227178496">February 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Turns out the only thing bigger than Manning's forehead is his vagina. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/rollinthunder91">@rollinthunder91</a> you said we'd blow them out? What happened?</p>&mdash; Patrick Turley (@patrickturley) <a href="https://twitter.com/patrickturley/statuses/430325955161108480">February 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

TD4HOF
02-03-2014, 05:27 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/Broncos">@Broncos</a> On the bright side, Ill get to watch a more competitive and masculine performance when the mens figure skaters hit the ice at Sochi</p>&mdash; Patrick Turley (@patrickturley) <a href="https://twitter.com/patrickturley/statuses/430328132227178496">February 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Turns out the only thing bigger than Manning's forehead is his vagina. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/rollinthunder91">@rollinthunder91</a> you said we'd blow them out? What happened?</p>&mdash; Patrick Turley (@patrickturley) <a href="https://twitter.com/patrickturley/statuses/430325955161108480">February 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

Maybe donít give up your day job.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 05:33 AM
Maybe donít give up your day job.

Perhaps you could go dig up some cliches that actually fit circumstance?

gunns
02-03-2014, 05:39 AM
It's funny Rev. All week long I'd felt pretty confident about this game. Around Friday I started feeling a little less confident and then Sunday morning I kind of had that feeling.

But here is the thing. I wasn't that upset. I am a die hard Broncos fan, but I seriously wasn't that upset. Part of me, since we signed Peyton, has felt like this isn't my Broncos team anyhow. Almost like Manning is just a hired gun. Doesn't really consider himself a true Bronco, why should I?

Perhaps I've just matured over the last few years and don't allow games to affect me the same way. Maybe there just isn't anything that will replace the feeling from 1998 and I realize that.

The Seahawks were kind of like the 98 Broncos yesterday. Not as heavy underdogs, but not expected to win and have never won a championship. There are millions of Seahawks fans that just got to experience what I did in 98. Hard for me not to appreciate what they are feeling right now.

Exactly how I felt. My family was freaking out texting me, telling me how sorry they were, and I just said I'm fine. And I am. Perhaps going through all the years of losing SB's has shielded me from total devastation. I have been much more embarrassed by what Shanahan put on the field in the 2000's and the McD years.

Broncos were beat by a better team and the only thing I regret is not believing my own philosophy that you need a great defense. Seems some think the Broncos owe them something. They don't. They gave us a great year over all but I guess some missed that. I'll take what happened yesterday over being a Chief, Raider, or Chargers fan and what they've had to put up with. Keep throwing your immature tantrums, it's obvious who the youngsters are and who hasn't experienced or recognized true embarrassment.

On to next year.

uplink
02-03-2014, 05:42 AM
Champ said it best after the game 'we couldn't match their intensity'.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 05:43 AM

Well how could they have known?

Oh wait, it was the SUPER BOWL?

AND they had the EXACT SAME ISSUE in the preseason?

uplink
02-03-2014, 05:46 AM
If anyone can figure out why the broncos couldn't match their intensity then you have can lay blame. I think the broncos just got out coached , way out coached

fontaine
02-03-2014, 05:47 AM
Meh, after watching Beadles and our safeties stumble **** from game to game this year I knew it was only a matter of time before it really cost us.

They're not alone in this mess, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best part off the offseason for me is going to be saying goodbye to Zane.

It's actually losses like this one that make me realize how much I love this team. As sickened as I am, I know I won't care about the loss in a few weeks/days and look forward to 2014.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Meh, after watching Beadles and our safeties stumble **** from game to game this year I knew it was only a matter of time before it really cost us.

They're not alone in this mess, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best part off the offseason for me is going to be saying goodbye to Zane.

At least he kicked a guy.

CEH
02-03-2014, 05:52 AM
The whole Oline is average except for Vasquez. Manning's quick release hides the Oline . Go find another Vasquez. Hope Clady can come back 100% .

The defense needs pass rushers and someone in the middle of the field to make the other team pay the price and generate some damn turnovers.

Zero the whole playoffs.

uplink
02-03-2014, 05:58 AM
They have to be ready for teams to neutralize manning some during big games and have a plan to win under such situations. I think they will put a big priority on upgrading the defense

gunns
02-03-2014, 06:00 AM

One of the Seahawk fans posted last week that watching the AFCC it looked like a bunch of grandma's playing. And it did, so did the San Diego game. Very methodical, thought out games. Made me very uneasy. Not the way the Denver O played most games this year. Did Fox revert to being conservative again? The grandma's showed up yesterday totally confused. While the Broncos were thinking about their plays, Seattle was squashing them. And the Broncos D looked normal, totally confused. No matter how you look at the players performances this one lies with the coaches.

fontaine
02-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Bowlen and Elway and Fox and the whole team should be flogged for this. I meant what I said in the GDT. When that plane touches down, I want to see all those ****ing a-holes to run in the freezing cold, until they ****ing collapse and are shaking on the ground in hypothermia.

Yeah, real easy to talk tough hiding behind a message board because you're poor feelings are hurt.

Grow up coward.

Simply Red
02-03-2014, 06:06 AM
Yeah, real easy to talk tough hiding behind a message board because you're poor feelings are hurt.

Grow up coward.

http://i.imgur.com/boY80gW.gif (http://imgur.com/boY80gW)

Rabb
02-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Don't blame you Rev. I've never been more embarrassed as a fan, not even during the 4-12 season. I think those that said they are going to prioritize some things nailed it for me.

This one stings infinitely worse than Baltimore. Actually, sting isn't right...this one was like watching your buddy slowly die before your eyes.

The Mane should be a real treat this off season.

Atwater His Ass
02-03-2014, 06:09 AM
I'm not sorry for anything. Embarassed, but not sorry. I was supremely confident Denver would roll the Seahawks. I still don't know how Denver **** the bed so bad on the biggest stage in sports. Every play was just a horror show. The team was just not ready to play and Fox was not ready to coach.

5 SB losses out of 7 games. Tough to comprehend that.

gunns
02-03-2014, 06:14 AM

Grow up coward.

Yep it's becoming a real toss up who's more embarrassing....the team yesterday or the immature fans, throwing temper tantrums who feel they are owed something. Reminds me of welfare recipients who feel entitled and don't get what they want.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 06:18 AM

Grow up coward.

I think all three of us (for very different reasons) can do better. SoCal and I are overly upset, you're overly supportive, the reality is that none of this really matters, we just play make-believe that it does.

BroncoBuff
02-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Our defense was given piss poor field position to work with, thanks to this fraud of an offense.

Yep, defense was not the problem.

I'm not a huge Time-of-Possession guy, but here's how we lost imo:

1st Qtr TOP: Seattle 11:44 - Denver 3:15
1st qtr D solid nonetheless, Sea just 2 FGs, 8-0 score
2nd qtr opens Sea still in possession - drive ends Lynch TD 15-0
At time of Lynch TD, TOP: Seattle 14:45 - Denver 3:15
Broncos next poss: Drive for 8:39, ended w/ Smith Pick-6
22-0 - GAME OVER

This game cried out for a fast start against an emotional defense-ball control offense like Seattle - we got the exact opposite.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 06:20 AM
Yep, defense was not the problem.

I'm not a huge Time-of-Possession guy, but here's how we lost imo:

1st Qtr TOP: Seattle 11:44 - Denver 3:15
1st qtr D solid nonetheless, Sea just 2 FGs, 8-0 score
2nd qtr opens Sea still in possession - drive ends Lynch TD 15-0
At time of Lynch TD, TOP: Seattle 14:45 - Denver 3:15
Broncos next poss: Drive for 8:39, end w Smith 69 yard Pick-6
22-0 - GAME OVER

This game cried out for a fast start against an emotional defense-ball control offense like Seattle - we got the exact opposite.

+1

The Broncos even started with the ball. If the "greatest offense of all time" wants to be on the field more, here's a novel concept: try getting ONE first down.

CEH
02-03-2014, 06:21 AM

Grow up coward.

Preach on brother.

BroncoBuff
02-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Anybody - first play safety was Ramirez' mistake, right?

fontaine
02-03-2014, 06:26 AM
I think all three of us (for very different reasons) can do better. SoCal and I are overly upset, you're overly supportive, the reality is that none of this really matters, we just play make-believe that it does.

Or maybe I'm still overly drunk.

Doesn't matter, I usually post far less in the offseason anyway and now it's that time to go back to doing other things.

See ya later 'Mane.

TheReverend
Anybody - first play safety was Ramirez' mistake, right?

I'm not so sure, personally. The entire offense seems to really get off the ball together except for Manning who's heading back under center.

TheReverend
Or maybe I'm still overly drunk.

Doesn't matter, I usually post far less in the offseason anyway and now it's that time to go back to doing other things.

See ya later 'Mane.

See ya, dude. Try and have a good one.

theAPAOps5
02-03-2014, 06:31 AM
I'm not so sure, personally. The entire offense seems to really get off the ball together except for Manning who's heading back under center.

They werent ready for the crowd noise, they weren't ready for anything. They looked like they had crammed for a final exam by trying to learn a class in 30 minutes... when in reality they had two weeks to go over every possible scenario.

TonyR
02-03-2014, 06:42 AM
They were ready for the crowd noise, they weren't ready for anything.

They mostly weren't able to handle the pressure. Our O-line got completely dominated. Manning couldn't perform under that kind of pressure. Kind of reminded me of Brady against the pressure the Giants put on him in that Super Bowl. Except this Seattle D is even better all around than that Giants D was.

McDman
02-03-2014, 07:01 AM
In a month we will all be excited for the draft. Everyone will get over it in time.

SouthStndJunkie
02-03-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm pissed off about the game, but I'm more disappointed and let down.

I spread the blame around evenly....as entire organization they didn't look ready to play and didn't come close to matching Seattle's intensity.

I feel like I got clowned.

I don't like feeling like I got clowned.

The team took a sloppy dump in their collective pants.

I thought losing a close game was a possibility, but I had no idea they'd see the lights on the big stage and curl up in the fetal position.

SureShot
02-03-2014, 08:29 AM
I forgive you Rev.

24champ
02-03-2014, 08:34 AM
In a month we will all be excited for the draft. Everyone will get over it in time.

The pain won't ever go away. Raider fans are always reminded of the 2002 cluster****.

SureShot
02-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Eventually Seattle and San Fran are going to have to pay their defensive stars and their QBs. It will be interesting to see what those teams look like after that.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Eventually Seattle and San Fran are going to have to pay their defensive stars and their QBs. It will be interesting to see what those teams look like after that.

Shiny from to the Lombardi trophy?

SureShot
02-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Shiny from to the Lombardi trophy?

Indeed.

Surrender monkeys don't win trophies.

TonyR
02-03-2014, 08:47 AM

They do have a huge $ advantage having a good, young QB who makes almost nothing.

pricejj
02-03-2014, 08:49 AM

GTFO Bmore Manning. You're a complete idiot, who doesn't understand a damn thing about football. No one will ever win with 3 and outs everytime on Offense, 2 Ints, and a fumble by ths QB.

Exactly what Manning did against the Ravens, except worse, because most of it cae in the 1st half.

SouthStndJunkie
02-03-2014, 08:52 AM
I could have dealt with losing a good game where both teams played well.

It's shameful for a team to come out and make sloppy joes in their pants on the big stage.

I feel like I got clowned....I've said it a few times, but that's what it feels like.

May as well give me some big floppy ****ing clown shoes, a big red clown nose and paint my face with clown makeup and a big frowny ****ing clown face. Don't forget the big baggy clown pants and stupid hat. I need a little horn to honk too.

wolf754life
02-03-2014, 08:54 AM
poor body language, look scared, fox is a joke, del erious is a joke coordinator

what a waste of time yesterday was, so ****ing sad

wasted year, wasted hope....

ugh

wolf754life
02-03-2014, 08:55 AM

no....this is history, the worst kind.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 08:55 AM
GTFO Bmore Manning. You're a complete idiot, who doesn't understand a damn thing about football. No one will ever win with 3 and outs everytime on Offense, 2 Ints, and a fumble by ths QB.

Exactly what Manning did against the Ravens, except worse, because most of it cae in the 1st half.

Manning's game agaisnt the Ravens was fine. Yesterday was a disaster. But it was also a full team disaster. Getting rid of our QB for i dont know what isnt the answer. Thats just an emotional response.

pricejj
02-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Oh yeah, and kinda hard to increase the Defensive talent level, when the Offense is taking 70% of the cap.

Rabb
02-03-2014, 08:58 AM
You know what's going to sting the most? Getting that ticket invoice here in a couple weeks.

1st world problems aside.

pricejj
02-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Manning's game agaisnt the Ravens was fine. Yesterday was a disaster. But it was also a full team disaster. Getting rid of our QB for i dont know what isnt the answer. Thats just an emotional response.

I didn't say get rid of the QB. I said this team is incapable of winning a SB. There are many reasons for that. Yes it was a full team disaster, just like the Ravens loss. That lands on every single member of the team, and especially the QB.

ColoradoDarin
02-03-2014, 09:03 AM

Fine? Throwing across your body back into the field for the game losing interception in 2OT instead of throwing it away because it's only 2nd down was not "fine"

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Oh yeah, and kinda hard to increase the Defensive talent level, when the Offense is taking 70% of the cap.

This is the paradox I find interesting. Manning is a great QB, no doubt, but is it even possible to win a Super Bowl paying your QB that amount of money? Obviously, the rest of your roster suffers greatly. Look what happened to Baltimore once they paid Flacco and had to let people go to fit under the cap.

We're still a pretty cheap team because we've hit on a lot of draft picks lately, and we're still up against the cap with crappy depth. We've got some big ticket guys coming up for Free Agency soon. To sign them along with Manning's contract means we'll be skimping at other areas once again.

We're essentially the Colts of the 2000s now. It didn't really work that well for them the first time a franchise tried this passing finesse route. To the point their owner had enough and demanded a run/defense oriented attack. Anyway, it's hard for me to determine if making the Playoffs every year but getting beat by the defensive oriented teams with lackluster QBs constitutes a positive experience. I tend to feel like 2nd place is the first loser, even stinging more because you were so close to winning. But then, we really weren't all that close in reality.

It was pretty obvious when the Jags started trotting out Blaine Gabbert that he was a giant p***Y and would never play well in this league. But the team was in denial due to the sunk cost and wasted years hoping he'd turn it around. We've had two years with Manning and I'm not sure we can win the Super Bowl being a pass oriented team with the vast majority of our cap focused on that aspect of the team. I'm ready to rebuild focusing on defense and the running game. I think we'll make the Playoffs every year we keep Manning, but I don't think we'll win against the physical defensive teams (Chorfs not withstanding).

Those are the thoughts tumbling around my brain today as I try and make sense of the Massacre at the Meadowlands.

jutang
02-03-2014, 09:22 AM
It'll be painful to do but once my emotions calm down, I am going rewatch the game and see how Seattle was able to completely dominate the Broncos. My hunch still says the O-line led to everything collapsing. Pressure on Manning seemed to come from everywhere.

pricejj
02-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Way too much is riding on one immobile man to be perfect, especially when his job is dependent on receivers catching the ball, who are allowed to be tackled in the endzone before the ball arrives.

Sorry, the only way to beat that, is to pick up 1st downs by running the ball... Probably with your QB.

TD4HOF
02-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Perhaps you could go dig up some cliches that actually fit circumstance?

Haha, I could if I wanted to nyah nyah nyah. The first one wasnít bad, the second bombed.

Signed,

A Critic

SonOfLe-loLang
02-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Fine? Throwing across your body back into the field for the game losing interception in 2OT instead of throwing it away because it's only 2nd down was not "fine"

Im in no mood to rehash this dumb argument again.

TD4HOF
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
The Broncos played like they were lined up across real live tigers. Just scared and nervous. I’m still in shock..never dreamed of getting blown out. It stings like a bitch.

Gutless Drunk
02-03-2014, 11:19 AM
The Broncos played like they were lined up across real live tigers. Just scared and nervous.

This is what concerns me the most. You can fix an OL or a MLB. How do you fix a mentally weak team? They looked intimidated to me after knowing for two weeks Seattle was going to play that way. How do you de-pussify an entire team?

TonyR
02-03-2014, 11:25 AM
This is what concerns me the most. You can fix an OL or a MLB. How do you fix a mentally weak team? They looked intimidated to me after knowing for two weeks Seattle was going to play that way. How do you de-pussify an entire team?

Yes, and it's the same feeling you got in our other 3 losses this year. Particularly the Indy loss. Just looked like they got punched in the mouth and didn't want to get hit any more. And it's one of the main reasons I was so wary of this team all year, despite all the wins and records.

TD4HOF
02-03-2014, 11:27 AM

Damn good question. Hope that it was a one-time fluke? Itís a weird position to be in, second best team in the entire league and yet in full scale soul search mode.

TD4HOF
02-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Yes, and it's the same feeling you got in our other 3 losses this year. Particularly the Indy loss. Just looked like they got punched in the mouth and didn't want to get hit any more. And it's one of the main reasons I was so wary of this team all year, despite all the wins and records.

I thought they showed fight in Indy. Clawed their way back in the end.

TonyR
02-03-2014, 12:03 PM
I thought they showed fight in Indy. Clawed their way back in the end.

Yes, you're right, good point. But I kind of had that feeling about them when things were going poorly earlier in the game.

TheReverend
02-03-2014, 12:21 PM
The Broncos played like their teenage girlfriends get creampied by other dudes in porn.

Archer81
02-03-2014, 12:22 PM
The Broncos played like their teenage girlfriends get creampied by other dudes in porn.

Broncos played like they were the girlfriend getting creampied by multiple dudes in porn.

:Broncos:

24champ
02-03-2014, 12:29 PM

And on the set of teens do porn.

stopgap
02-03-2014, 12:41 PM
I still can't believe it went down like that. Oh well,we all have to take our medicine I guess.

BMORE
02-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Price and Rev, pure class...

You two apparently are the only two people who are upset we lost. We should apparently cut you interwebz tough guys some slack.

BMORE
02-03-2014, 12:44 PM
I think the medical staff should fail Manning because because.. Because mobile QBs are the only way you win a SB, although this is the first one to do so of this new movement of QBs. And by the way he plays on the most complete team in the NFL.

gunns
02-03-2014, 01:07 PM
no....this is history, the worst kind.

Sorry, I'm pretty much over the 55-10 shellacking we took from the 49ers. Worse than this one and while it's history I'm over it. If you are not, I'd recommend a therapist.

Cito Pelon
02-03-2014, 01:15 PM

Hadn't heard that yet. Yeah, that puts in a nutshell . . . .

Mat'hir Uth Gan
02-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Sorry, I'm pretty much over the 55-10 shellacking we took from the 49ers. Worse than this one and while it's history I'm over it. If you are not, I'd recommend a therapist.

The 49er and Redskin losses in the Superbowl are still humiliating. However, this one just hurts so much more. I expected us to win this game going away. We had the greatest offensive season of all time and got annihilated. This loss was beyond humiliating. It's absolutely defeating. I feel like we built our team exactly the way Elway wanted to. We had almost our entire offense completely healthy. The weather was good. And we got shellacked. I don't think we can beat Seattle with our current roster. And that's just so disheartening because there doesn't appear to be a quick fix.

Cito Pelon
02-03-2014, 01:33 PM
The Broncos played like they were lined up across real live tigers. Just scared and nervous. Iím still in shock..never dreamed of getting blown out. It stings like a b****.

Pretty much . . . . .

DENVERDUI55
02-03-2014, 02:02 PM
The 49er and Redskin losses in the Superbowl are still humiliating. .

That Redskin loss hurt worse. Denver was cruising up 10 nothing and should of been awarded a Williams fumble. Denver was a bigger favorite in that Bowl. Yesterday the game was over from the first snap. I never even got hope up or excited yesterday. 49er loss was exactly what was expected and nobody in their right mind could expect to beat them. That was arguably the GOAT NFL teams.

Eldorado
02-03-2014, 02:14 PM

You

Real talk, son.

If I could, I'd take the mvp trophy from Manning and give it to Brady.

I'm sorry Jim Miller.

Brilliant meltdown thread.
Did not disappoint.
10/10 would read again.

Houshyamama
02-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Seattle absolutely destroyed us. They deserved that win.

I can't even come up with any excuses.

I feel dead inside, but come draft time I'll be recovered and ready for another year.

I might take a break from the NFL internet scene.

The pain is just too great.

pricejj
02-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Price and Rev, pure class...

You two apparently are the only two people who are upset we lost. We should apparently cut you interwebz tough guys some slack.

LOL Where's Rahim Moore when you need a punching bag? Oh wait, I guess it wasn't all his fault.

Look in the mirror Bmore Manning.

maher_tyler
02-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Seattle absolutely destroyed us. They deserved that win.

I can't even come up with any excuses.

I feel dead inside, but come draft time I'll be recovered and ready for another year.

I might take a break from the NFL internet scene.

The pain is just too great.

I'm not watching ESPN or NFLN for a solid month. I'll come here and that's it.

Agamemnon
02-03-2014, 06:25 PM
The 49er and Redskin losses in the Superbowl are still humiliating. However, this one just hurts so much more. I expected us to win this game going away. We had the greatest offensive season of all time and got annihilated. This loss was beyond humiliating. It's absolutely defeating. I feel like we built our team exactly the way Elway wanted to. We had almost our entire offense completely healthy. The weather was good. And we got shellacked. I don't think we can beat Seattle with our current roster. And that's just so disheartening because there doesn't appear to be a quick fix.

There most definitely is no quick fix, but people are still living in dreamland as far as I can tell.

BMORE
02-03-2014, 07:12 PM
LOL Where's Rahim Moore when you need a punching bag? Oh wait, I guess it wasn't all his fault.

Look in the mirror Bmore Manning.

One day I hope to be as smart as you. You have called it all along, or was it last week? I forget with you sometimes.

gunns
02-03-2014, 07:51 PM

I understand all of this because I'm right there with you. But to say you won't get over it is a little far fetched. Of course it will be remembered. The 49er game was historical too, biggest loss in SB history and we all remember it. I haven't had to take **** with this one at all. Everyone, fans of other teams, are as shocked as we all are. They saw what we did in this team. We'll all recover from this one.

As usual the Broncos O is what you talk about, what we all talked about. Yesterday the O sucked in every way. But I still believe that it's the D that Denver desperately needs to focus on, for once, so the O can feed off the D. I mean look at Seattle. Russell Wilson looked like the better QB yesterday and a lot of that is the pressure the D takes off so all he has to do is maintain the game. It's the same pressure Elway had before Shanahan.

Well that and some better damn preparation and game planning.

gunns
02-03-2014, 08:11 PM

Did anyone else feel weird about the 2 playoff games? I think some posted that we played a conservative game against the Chargers to not have to expose other things we would do in the next game. But the next game was just as conservative, not much familiarity with the team that played all season. One Seahawk fan said it looked like a bunch of grandma's playing. There was a little intensity. And yesterday, no consistency and no intensity. The only consistency is they all looked confused. I have to put a large part of the blame on the coaches, no frigging adjustments at all. What the hell were they doing for 2 weeks?

pricejj
02-03-2014, 10:06 PM
One day I hope to be as smart as you. You have called it all along, or was it last week? I forget with you sometimes.

Manning was beat like a mule.